BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I see an issue, a current 2019's will want to send their grades (in June) to the coaches who've had their eye on them. Is the player wrong for sending the grades he is proud of, does the coach who opens the email have to worry about being in violation.

There has to be some things that are allowable.

Then again how about that 6'1" 2020 who has always worked hard to be accelerated in the STEM core courses and took HBio or HChem or HAlg2/Trig, Those classes are great barometers of a students future STEM achievements. A coach doesn't have to wait to see how that player will pan out That Freshman has the same core course as a Jr. That freshman knows where their future path lies.

Sure it is easy to say all or none, but I was taught the easy way isn't always the right way.
You can send away..The coach can look at anything he wants or recieves as long as it is not solicited prior to Sept Junior year...He just cant contact you or your coaches until Sept Junior year. Pretty simple. Look all u want....dont talk.
I am pretty sure that all of the 9th and 10th graders that are already committed know their future coaches want to see their grades. The PSA will send them, but they will not get a response from the coach. Also, if you are a top student and you want college coaches to know that, you can feel free to send anything you want. That coach will put you on their "call ASAP Junior year list" if they are interested smile This concept should not be that difficult to understand.

the concept is confusing, the difficulty is; I thought the coaches weren't supposed to have or open any communication. So how would a coach know until Sept 1 Jr yr about a kid's grades. or Are you telling me you can send emails all you want and they just cant respond. I thought that is how it already was. (except they could contact your club or HS coach).

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules

Students are allowed to email coaches as much as they want, for expressing interest, sending film, informing the coach of accolades/accomplishments, updating game schedules, etc. In turn, the coach could only previously respond by email to inform the student of camps, tell the student to fill out a questionairre, but not discuss recruiting specific to that player. However, if a student picked up the phone, and the coach answered the call, they could talk about recruiting. The coach could not return a message, but if he picked up the phone, they could talk. Alike, the coach could talk to school or club coaches as intermediaries. Now, the coach would not be able to talk on the phone or talk to school/club coaches at all. So, no more early commitments, the coaches will still scout 2020's and 2019's this Summer just as they would have already been doing, recruiting boards will be filled in their offices, and there will be a mad dash of calls and reaching out on Sept. 1 for 2019's this Fall. Then same will happen for 2020's next Sept. 1. 2020's and 2019's should really treat the whole thing as a non-issue. 2021 parents won't see coaches on the sidelines this Summer, but really need to do their events, as the clubs won't appreciate kids bailing on tourneys. HS coaches should look for some fall off of 2019 football and soccer players, as kids that treat lax as primary will think they need to keep Fall open to deal with lax recruiting visits and such.
What do you mean the kids should do the clubs events? F*** the club. Only go to the camps.

No reason to go to any 2021 recruiting events this year..like Brine, Under Armour, etc...Is there???

My son is signed up for the Brine and his friends are going, so I'm there. I won't be busting my hump to make any of the prospect camps this summer. My Son is an October birthday, so he is already at a disadvantage. Several parents who I spoke to who are going D1 told me to wait until next summer to start that process. No reason to have an on age kid be the youngest at a camp and get labeled and knocked out early.

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back??

This comment is a perfect example of how "clueless" parents outside of NY are about the age differences. Yes our kids (NY-LI) born in October of 2003 are 2021s. Yes your kids born in June of 2003 are 2022s and your 2002 birthdates are 2021s while our 2002 birthdates are 2020s. One year makes a huge difference at the Middle School grades. Are you listening TC? You know, the team that thinks all 2002 birthdates are 2021s. LOL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I see an issue, a current 2019's will want to send their grades (in June) to the coaches who've had their eye on them. Is the player wrong for sending the grades he is proud of, does the coach who opens the email have to worry about being in violation.

Then again how about that 6'1" 2020 who has always worked hard to be accelerated in the STEM core courses and took HBio or HChem or HAlg2/Trig, Those classes are great barometers of a students future STEM achievements. A coach doesn't have to wait to see how that player will pan out That Freshman has the same core course as a Jr. That freshman knows where their future path lies.

Sure it is easy to say all or none, but I was taught the easy way isn't always the right way.o
You can send away..The coach can look at anything he wants or recieves as long as it is not solicited prior to Sept Junior year...He just cant contact you or your coaches until Sept Junior year. Pretty simple. Look all u want....dont talk.
I am pretty sure that all of the 9th and 10th graders that are already committed know their future coaches want to see their grades. The PSA will send them, but they will not get a response from the coach. Also, if you are a top student and you want college coaches to know that, you can feel free to send anything you want. That coach will put you on their "call ASAP Junior year list" if they are interested smile This concept should not be that difficult to understand.

the concept is confusing, the difficulty is; I thought the coaches weren't supposed to have or open any communication. So how would a coach know until Sept 1 Jr yr about a kid's grades. or Are you telling me you can send emails all you want and they just cant respond. I thought that is how it already was. (except they could contact your club or HS coach).

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules

Students are allowed to email coaches as much as they want, for expressing interest, sending film, informing the coach of accolades/accomplishments, updating game schedules, etc. In turn, the coach could only previously respond by email to inform the student of camps, tell the student to fill out a questionairre, but not discuss recruiting specific to that player. However, if a student picked up the phone, and the coach answered the call, they could talk about recruiting. The coach could not return a message, but if he picked up the phone, they could talk. Alike, the coach could talk to school or club coaches as intermediaries. Now, the coach would not be able to talk on the phone or talk to school/club coaches at all. So, no more early commitments, the coaches will still scout 2020's and 2019's this Summer just as they would have already been doing, recruiting boards will be filled in their offices, and there will be a mad dash of calls and reaching out on Sept. 1 for 2019's this Fall. Then same will happen for 2020's next Sept. 1. 2020's and 2019's should really treat the whole thing as a non-issue. 2021 parents won't see coaches on the sidelines this Summer, but really need to do their events, as the clubs won't appreciate kids bailing on tourneys. HS coaches should look for some fall off of 2019 football and soccer players, as kids that treat lax as primary will think they need to keep Fall open to deal with lax recruiting visits and such.
What do you mean the kids should do the clubs events? F*** the club. Only go to the camps.

No reason to go to any 2021 recruiting events this year..like Brine, Under Armour, etc...Is there???

My son is signed up for the Brine and his friends are going, so I'm there. I won't be busting my hump to make any of the prospect camps this summer. My Son is an October birthday, so he is already at a disadvantage. Several parents who I spoke to who are going D1 told me to wait until next summer to start that process. No reason to have an on age kid be the youngest at a camp and get labeled and knocked out early.

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back??

Not if you live in NY. The school cutoff is 12/1. My son is late September and is one of the youngest in his grade due to hold backs

Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The PSA and club coach/HS coach can send as many emails as they want to the college coach.

The Club and HS coach can also talk to the College coach any time they want. Offers and specifics about a kid shouldn't be discussed but the HS/Club coach can say Johnny is interested in their school. The college coach can also give "general feedback" to the Club and HS coach like we like how Johnny is playing.

no serious recruiting conversations can happen until 9.1 junior year. ex. we are going to offer Johnny

this is how most are understanding the rule

I see an issue, a current 2019's will want to send their grades (in June) to the coaches who've had their eye on them. Is the player wrong for sending the grades he is proud of, does the coach who opens the email have to worry about being in violation.

Sure it is easy to say all or none, but I was taught the easy way isn't always the right way.

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules.

You are mistaken if you think college coaches won't be on the sidelines this summer watching 2021. They will be there. They won't be talking, but they will be there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back?? [/quote]

Not if you live in NY. The school cutoff is 12/1. My son is late September and is one of the youngest in his grade due to hold backs
[/quote]

Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing? [/quote]

Can't arbitrarily hold back in public school unless the school make you repeat, which they only do if you are a ding dong. Tax payers don't fund sports ambition, but do fund stupid kids that can't pass public school classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules.[/quote]
[/quote]

Students are allowed to email coaches as much as they want, for expressing interest, sending film, informing the coach of accolades/accomplishments, updating game schedules, etc. In turn, the coach could only previously respond by email to inform the student of camps, tell the student to fill out a questionairre, but not discuss recruiting specific to that player. However, if a student picked up the phone, and the coach answered the call, they could talk about recruiting. The coach could not return a message, but if he picked up the phone, they could talk. Alike, the coach could talk to school or club coaches as intermediaries. Now, the coach would not be able to talk on the phone or talk to school/club coaches at all. So, no more early commitments, the coaches will still scout 2020's and 2019's this Summer just as they would have already been doing, recruiting boards will be filled in their offices, and there will be a mad dash of calls and reaching out on Sept. 1 for 2019's this Fall. Then same will happen for 2020's next Sept. 1. 2020's and 2019's should really treat the whole thing as a non-issue. 2021 parents won't see coaches on the sidelines this Summer, but really need to do their events, as the clubs won't appreciate kids bailing on tourneys. HS coaches should look for some fall off of 2019 football and soccer players, as kids that treat lax as primary will think they need to keep Fall open to deal with lax recruiting visits and such. [/quote]

You are mistaken if you think college coaches won't be on the sidelines this summer watching 2021. They will be there. They won't be talking, but they will be there.
[/quote]

No need. The only reason they were looking at kids that hadn't stepped foot in HS hallway was to keep up with the other guy and try to pick off a few kids. The demand won't be there now, and the supply will be there the following year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules.[/quote]
[/quote]

Students are allowed to email coaches as much as they want, for expressing interest, sending film, informing the coach of accolades/accomplishments, updating game schedules, etc. In turn, the coach could only previously respond by email to inform the student of camps, tell the student to fill out a questionairre, but not discuss recruiting specific to that player. However, if a student picked up the phone, and the coach answered the call, they could talk about recruiting. The coach could not return a message, but if he picked up the phone, they could talk. Alike, the coach could talk to school or club coaches as intermediaries. Now, the coach would not be able to talk on the phone or talk to school/club coaches at all. So, no more early commitments, the coaches will still scout 2020's and 2019's this Summer just as they would have already been doing, recruiting boards will be filled in their offices, and there will be a mad dash of calls and reaching out on Sept. 1 for 2019's this Fall. Then same will happen for 2020's next Sept. 1. 2020's and 2019's should really treat the whole thing as a non-issue. 2021 parents won't see coaches on the sidelines this Summer, but really need to do their events, as the clubs won't appreciate kids bailing on tourneys. HS coaches should look for some fall off of 2019 football and soccer players, as kids that treat lax as primary will think they need to keep Fall open to deal with lax recruiting visits and such. [/quote]

[/quote]

No need. The only reason they were looking at kids that hadn't stepped foot in HS hallway was to keep up with the other guy and try to pick off a few kids. The demand won't be there now, and the supply will be there the following year. [/quote]

I think they may continue to watch a PSA they had their eye on already before the rule came down, but otherwise agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back?? [/quote]

[/quote]

Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing? [/quote]

Can't arbitrarily hold back in public school unless the school make you repeat, which they only do if you are a ding dong. Tax payers don't fund sports ambition, but do fund stupid kids that can't pass public school classes.

[/quote]

There are plenty of LI parents not starting their kids in K until they are 6, and although it is not for athletics reasons for the most part (!), it ends up being what it is when they get to athletics: one year older than all of the other kids that started K @ 5 yo. And then if any of those kids repeat for academic reasons, they are now two years older!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It happened in my kid's school. A player did 8th grade in the two different middle schools, and started as an 8th grader on the varsity team in his 2nd round of 8th. Was an ok student, but not failing or forced to be held back. Got a D1 offer as a 9th grader, and really should be in 10th. H

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing? [/quote]

[/quote]
It happened in my kid's school. A player did 8th grade in the two different middle schools, and started as an 8th grader on the varsity team in his 2nd round of 8th. Was an ok student, but not failing or forced to be held back. Got a D1 offer as a 9th grader, and really should be in 10th. H[/quote]

Where there is a will, there is a way. Sounds like they used the transfer as an opportunity to make the case for repeating. But holding back within an individual public school is nearly impossible, unless you are a dumbbell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the hold back girls in our area go to private school. They either started K at 6, repeated 6th grade, repeated 9th grade...The ones we know that are repeating 9th next year are doing it for LAX.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the hold back girls in our area go to private school. They either started K at 6, repeated 6th grade, repeated 9th grade...The ones we know that are repeating 9th next year are doing it for LAX.

Super duper, thanks for the info

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SMH - parents are the root of this problem, first and foremost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever get the feeling there's a scheme going on? Not making any accusations, just creative observations....how's the money moving?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------THE PYRAMID
-----------------------------------------------------------NATIONAL LACROSSE FEDERATION
FOUNDING CLUB LEVEL-------------Crabs Big4HHH Laxachusetts Leading Edge Express 91
NEW ALLIANCE LEVEL----------Mesa Fresh, PA Eclipse, CT West Coast Starz Edge, CA
SIX NEW PARTNERS---Sweetlax LB3 Thunder Prime Time Denver Elite MADLAX Legends Lacrosse
LEVEL 4----------------
LEVEL 5---------
ETC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ever get the feeling there's a scheme going on? Not making any accusations, just creative observations....how's the money moving?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------THE PYRAMID
-----------------------------------------------------------NATIONAL LACROSSE FEDERATION
FOUNDING CLUB LEVEL-------------Crabs Big4HHH Laxachusetts Leading Edge Express 91
NEW ALLIANCE LEVEL----------Mesa Fresh, PA Eclipse, CT West Coast Starz Edge, CA
SIX NEW PARTNERS---Sweetlax LB3 Thunder Prime Time Denver Elite MADLAX Legends Lacrosse
LEVEL 4----------------
LEVEL 5---------
ETC.

Methinks the tin foil is on too tight. The only scheme here is to consolidate top teams together so coaches know which tourneys to go to, which is beginning to include non-traditional hot beds like Colorado, Georgia, etc. Have you looked at the commits? Just bringing Sweetlax into the mix just up'ed the amount of NLF commits by 2 (or so. . .they have a pretty strong record)...I highly doubt that club is paying anything to say they're part of the NLF. This is more about dealing with the new regs. This puts the top players in traditional hotbeds, i.e. MD, LI, Upstate NY, NE, Canada, into bed with growing hotbeds, i.e. CA, GA, PA (though they might be a hotbed..no offense meant). It's a positive for kids on these teams, IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, now that's freaky! How did you know I was wearing tin foil?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8th grader to Michigan......In your face new rules!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is more money for fat Crab and his minions. Here is a thought - maybe such a prestigious lacrosse organization should be the leader in following USL guidelines to move to age based classification for youth lacrosse. of course they won't - too much money to be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The money would still be there teams would just have to go through a re-org.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??? How do you know the agreement wasn't made a few weeks ago. I know of 5 girls that are 2020 that committed over the past few months whose names don't show up on the Lacrosse recruits site. Are there other sites that have the recruits?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF is more money for fat Crab and his minions. Here is a thought - maybe such a prestigious lacrosse organization should be the leader in following USL guidelines to move to age based classification for youth lacrosse. of course they won't - too much money to be made.

Let public school kids choose to play down a year. Everyone is tired of them complaining and diluting the talent anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

??? How do you know the agreement wasn't made a few weeks ago. I know of 5 girls that are 2020 that committed over the past few months whose names don't show up on the Lacrosse recruits site. Are there other sites that have the recruits?

From what I understand, the verbal was made prior to the new rules. Michigan squeaked it in at the 11th hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I understand, the verbal was made prior to the new rules. Michigan squeaked it in at the 11th hour.

Michigan could use all the help they can get. They are going nowhere until they get rid of their coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! Michigan's coach wont even be there in 4 years. Joke of a program/coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Damn good school, could care less about the "program" as long as the kid gets the degree.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Damn good school, could care less about the "program" as long as the kid gets the degree.

Be careful with that type of statement. Michigan is a big school. Not all degrees hold the same weight, Depends on what the student/athlete's degree is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear

Be careful with that type of statement. Michigan is a big school. Not all degrees hold the same weight, Depends on what the student/athlete's degree is.

You got that right. Ross School of business? You're in great shape. Only issue is, you have to apply after sophomore year. You had better have a 3.95 gpa. Lacrosse will have zero weight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't today the date that the NCAA voted to confirm the new recruiting rules?
Has anyone heard anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone explain what this means?
Off-campus contacts may not occur with a recruit or their relatives before September 1 of their junior year. These contacts may only occur at the home or school of the recruit. - NCAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone explain what this means?
Off-campus contacts may not occur with a recruit or their relatives before September 1 of their junior year. These contacts may only occur at the home or school of the recruit. - NCAA

If your player is at a camp or official event at the college (prospect camps), contact is allowed between the player/coach. They can't make offers or talk about specific commitments, but they can interact and generally discuss interest. I doubt the "home" part of quote is accurate. If the quote is accurate, the same criteria would apply as at the camps, no offers or commitments would be able to be made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got that right. Ross School of business? You're in great shape. Only issue is, you have to apply after sophomore year. You had better have a 3.95 gpa. Lacrosse will have zero weight.

You are 100% correct...all degrees are not created equal. Michigan has a good engineering school (for a public school), but athletes may be discouraged from those types of degrees if they want to play sports. Michigan is an example of what really good marketing and branding can do. School is over-hyped and overrated like most big box rah-rah schools. Your son will be better positioned graduating from a boutique or smaller DI school than Michigan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct...all degrees are not created equal. Michigan has a good engineering school (for a public school), but athletes may be discouraged from those types of degrees if they want to play sports. Michigan is an example of what really good marketing and branding can do. School is over-hyped and overrated like most big box rah-rah schools. Your son will be better positioned graduating from a boutique or smaller DI school than Michigan.

Flip side of that argument are the massive alumni bases that UM, PSU, ND, etc have EVERYWHERE to help in getting a job post college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful with that type of statement. Michigan is a big school. Not all degrees hold the same weight, Depends on what the student/athlete's degree is.[/quote]

[/quote]

You are 100% correct...all degrees are not created equal. Michigan has a good engineering school (for a public school), but athletes may be discouraged from those types of degrees if they want to play sports. Michigan is an example of what really good marketing and branding can do. School is over-hyped and overrated like most big box rah-rah schools. Your son will be better positioned graduating from a boutique or smaller DI school than Michigan.[/quote]

Flip side of that argument are the massive alumni bases that UM, PSU, ND, etc have EVERYWHERE to help in getting a job post college.[/quote]

Exactly. Playing a sport like Lacrosse at ANY school, be it an Ivy, Big 10, ACC, Big East, Patriot, NESCAC, etc., puts you into a very select group. Regardless of conference, you're set. Big 10 and ACC and Ivy probably give you an edge due to size, but negligible. Sorry to break that to all you Ivy folks. . .but it's true. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who gives a cracker about Michigan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You are 100% correct...all degrees are not created equal. Michigan has a good engineering school (for a public school), but athletes may be discouraged from those types of degrees if they want to play sports. Michigan is an example of what really good marketing and branding can do. School is over-hyped and overrated like most big box rah-rah schools. Your son will be better positioned graduating from a boutique or smaller DI school than Michigan.[/quote]

Flip side of that argument are the massive alumni bases that UM, PSU, ND, etc have EVERYWHERE to help in getting a job post college.[/quote]

Exactly. Playing a sport like Lacrosse at ANY school, be it an Ivy, Big 10, ACC, Big East, Patriot, NESCAC, etc., puts you into a very select group. Regardless of conference, you're set. Big 10 and ACC and Ivy probably give you an edge due to size, but negligible. Sorry to break that to all you Ivy folks. . .but it's true. . .[/quote]

Dumbest rant I've read in a while, sounds like you had a little too much to drink last night!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better networking in the ACC and Big Ten than the Ivy League? Sorry pal - a kid that played lacrosse at Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc. is a going to have a plum job lined up before your lax bro at UNC or JHU rolls out of bed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better networking in the ACC and Big Ten than the Ivy League? Sorry pal - a kid that played lacrosse at Yale, Harvard, Princeton, etc. is a going to have a plum job lined up before your lax bro at UNC or JHU rolls out of bed.

The comment was made the your son would be better off at a "boutique" school or smaller D1 - in terms of getting a job, I don't believe that to be true. The argument was not Big Ten vs Ivy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line, Michigan is a GREAT school with a LOUSY lacrosse program. Not much different than Colgate or Dartmouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For The Love of the Game Poachers
FL$$$G

Sent out to all...

Every game will have 6 college coaches rotating players, coaching, and refereeing. When college coaches working our event aren't coaching or refereeing, they are on the sidelines recruiting.

With only 4 fields in play at a time and all fields right next to one another, you are guaranteed to get looks from dozens of college coaches.

fl$ will hire 48 college coaches to work the event. With no more than 100 players per grade at the event, the college coach to player ratio is second to none.

Yeah. OK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious with the new rules if the 2019s will be heavily recruited this summer. I'm guessing they will. And with all the verbals at this grade, will we see many kids switching schools. They can't speak to their future coaches technically. And technically kids wouldn't know what schools are interested in them until sept. 1st.

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 58 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard