BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 58 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong on just about every count... the kid DOES carry his travel team, tore it up in the "vaunted" Suffolk conference one and will have a great season. Guessing your son is a soph or jr. lefty attackman at St. A's...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If that kid doesn't play on the Varsity the whole coaching staff should be slapped and then fired!

Yea ok. Please. Players earn their way on. Certainly not because some person on BOTC thinks they should

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's the case he should concentrate on football now. Let me repeat parents: there is no future financially playing lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that's the case he should concentrate on football now. Let me repeat parents: there is no future financially playing lacrosse!

There certainly is if being a recruited athlete gets you into a better school than you'd normally get into without lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If that kid doesn't play on the Varsity the whole coaching staff should be slapped and then fired!

Just remember that a majority of the points were put up against the weaker teams they played..Yes he is good but please don't make him out to be the king of lacrosse . No kid should carry that burden. If he plays Varsity he will crush it against the weaker teams and pay a price against the better ones.. You make it like he carries his travel team. He helps them but isn't the only player.

At the time the kid was a young 13 year old 8th grader playing varsity lax in Suffolk County 1 against 16, 17, 18 year olds, and in regular season led ALL of Long Island in points, so much for the hold back theory, and people on here crying when there kid plays a kid who is a year older, kid has nothing to prove to anyone, people always focus on the negative when they get that pang of jealousy and afraid there kid not measuring up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just remember that a majority of the points were put up against the weaker teams they played..Yes he is good but please don't make him out to be the king of lacrosse . No kid should carry that burden. If he plays Varsity he will crush it against the weaker teams and pay a price against the better ones.. You make it like he carries his travel team. He helps them but isn't the only player.

May I ask what price? Some big Jr or Sr defenseman gonna pancake the kid? Okay, I'm sure he'll hop up and score on the inevitable man down. So it's a win in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make no mistake, THIS 9th grader can play with any varsity team. He already has the skill set and size to compete at the varsity level. That is not going to change. The better question is what is his upside for college. His speed will have to improve and he will have to continue to grow for him to be dominant. You are right about one thing, he is a kid and no one needs to put expectations on him because he was better than everyone else at an early age. Hopefully he continues to work hard and achieve his goals. God bless him! I hope he does. He is off to a great start!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make no mistake, THIS 9th grader can play with any varsity team. He already has the skill set and size to compete at the varsity level. That is not going to change. The better question is what is his upside for college. His speed will have to improve and he will have to continue to grow for him to be dominant. You are right about one thing, he is a kid and no one needs to put expectations on him because he was better than everyone else at an early age. Hopefully he continues to work hard and achieve his goals. God bless him! I hope he does. He is off to a great start!

Why does he have to grow? He is already as tall or taller than most college attackmen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets fill a few more pages with this horse crap beween the daddy and his pal.
get a room.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does he have to grow? He is already as tall or taller than most college attackmen

He needs to grow To be dominant. I don't think at his size and speed combination that it will give him any distinct advantage at the collegiate level. If he gets bigger and/or quicker he will be an absolute beast. I am definitely not his dad or coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's bigger than most of the defensemen he plays against as well-now-as a Freshman.I am not from Bay Shore, 89+2, or Saint Guido but have a '20 and have seen him through the years... no homerism here, just stating the facts to some uninformed moron posting on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's bigger than most of the defensemen he plays against as well-now-as a Freshman.I am not from Bay Shore, 89+2, or Saint Guido but have a '20 and have seen him through the years... no homerism here, just stating the facts to some uninformed moron posting on here

Ok relative....nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is, but he isn't bigger than Most D 1 defensemen. Therefore he still needs to grow to be as physically dominant as he is against his peers now. Bottom line is he was an early puberty kid, sometimes they don't develop as much as you think as they go up levels. I am not uninformed and I think the kid is a fantastic player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is a lot of banter on who is probably one of the top Attackmen LI will see play the game of Lacrosse. You say he is not big enough you say he is not fast enough, you say he only dominates against his peers, I guess you havent been watching.

Kid has always played up, I found it surprising he didnt play in 7th grade. But kudos on the parents for not pushing that. Again those that dont know will say i am pushing it but those that know him know he always played up when he could.

Please before anyone comments, have you watch him play? When, recently? If not recently you're in for a treat you will enjoy it, bring the young ones they can learn. You will find yourself saying "how in the heck did he do that". If you cant watch him ask those that play with/against him.

Yes teams will key on him and he will get the brunt of the physicality, but again have you seen him, he is bigger than most men and is still 14. You say he isnt bigger than most D1 poles. I'd say define most, is that closer to 51% or 99%? If 50% is half, most is surely larger than that and i dont think 70% of D1 poles are larger than he is (and he is 14 and growing)?

Yes he played on a great youth travel team. A team that many have a love hate relationship with, (i get it) but dont judge him on that, because you think is was just a youth team. What that team did and what it allowed him to do was great. That cast of characters helped hone one of his best attributes. He was afforded the opportunity to not have to be the go to player and learned that it was a team game. He plays with the utmost lax IQ and is as impressive of a distributor as he is scorer.

So go ahead key on him, but it is a team sport and he plays an amazing team game. Whether on the ride, a Pick, a Decoy or a points maker!

By the way, ever see the kid face off?

I know i probably put a bigger target on his back by this, and I am sorry, but wasnt there a big one there already. I am just sick of people saying he isnt this or he isnt that. Just sit back and enjoy, lets see what he can do.

Good luck to you Kid. (although i hope you never read this)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is a lot of banter on who is probably one of the top Attackmen LI will see play the game of Lacrosse. You say he is not big enough you say he is not fast enough, you say he only dominates against his peers, I guess you havent been watching.

Kid has always played up, I found it surprising he didnt play in 7th grade. But kudos on the parents for not pushing that. Again those that dont know will say i am pushing it but those that know him know he always played up when he could.

Please before anyone comments, have you watch him play? When, recently? If not recently you're in for a treat you will enjoy it, bring the young ones they can learn. You will find yourself saying "how in the heck did he do that". If you cant watch him ask those that play with/against him.

Yes teams will key on him and he will get the brunt of the physicality, but again have you seen him, he is bigger than most men and is still 14. You say he isnt bigger than most D1 poles. I'd say define most, is that closer to 51% or 99%? If 50% is half, most is surely larger than that and i dont think 70% of D1 poles are larger than he is (and he is 14 and growing)?

Yes he played on a great youth travel team. A team that many have a love hate relationship with, (i get it) but dont judge him on that, because you think is was just a youth team. What that team did and what it allowed him to do was great. That cast of characters helped hone one of his best attributes. He was afforded the opportunity to not have to be the go to player and learned that it was a team game. He plays with the utmost lax IQ and is as impressive of a distributor as he is scorer.

So go ahead key on him, but it is a team sport and he plays an amazing team game. Whether on the ride, a Pick, a Decoy or a points maker!

I know i probably put a bigger target on his back by this, and I am sorry, but wasnt there a big one there already. I am just sick of people saying he isnt this or he isnt that. Just sit back and enjoy, lets see what he can do.

OK uncle Jack.. nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I can say that there is NO way I'm bringing my family to watch someone else's kid play lacrosse. There are a lot of other things I could do, like watching paint dry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one cares...what a pile of self serving garbage that was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously , it's still a fringe sport , hopefully he gets an education because no matter how good you think he is he will need to get a job eventually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is, but he isn't bigger than Most D 1 defensemen. Therefore he still needs to grow to be as physically dominant as he is against his peers now. Bottom line is he was an early puberty kid, sometimes they don't develop as much as you think as they go up levels. I am not uninformed and I think the kid is a fantastic player.

You say he hit puberty early?! That isn't puberty but genetics. People always seem to get those two confused. He was always bigger than most of his peers, puberty had nothing to do with that.

Ever see his face without his helmet on? That is not the face of a pubescent man-child. Just the opposite. Kid works tirelessly to get the body and results he gets, hard work and genetics. Just wait for that magical puberty piece to kick in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is going to play major league lacrosse. Rookies get $8k, many get 15K and the stars get 20-25 if they can manipulate their real jobs (if they have one) to be able to travel and practice.

The best players who win the lottery turn into HS coaches making $6,000 and are summer club directors they are making wall street type money

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The average D1 defenseman / LSM is just over 6' and 191 lbs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say he hit puberty early?! That isn't puberty but genetics. People always seem to get those two confused. He was always bigger than most of his peers, puberty had nothing to do with that.

Ever see his face without his helmet on? That is not the face of a pubescent man-child. Just the opposite. Kid works tirelessly to get the body and results he gets, hard work and genetics. Just wait for that magical puberty piece to kick in.

thanks aunt June.........nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? That's the average middie in D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sir are an idiot, first I find it strange that you would know what stage of puberty anyone is at, actually creepy. Second if he is prepubescent as you say then all the work in the gym to get the "body" (again creepy) sounds chemically manipulated (again creepy) and I have no idea who this kid is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was bored... Stony Brook D and LSM - average 6'1 189.5 lbs. If you take away the LSM's the average drops.

I would say 6'1" 190 is pretty close to the average across D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hysterical. I almost spit up my coffee. People reach puberty at different ages. Their genetics are what they are. In sports it usually benefits those who hit it early. I will use my son as an example. In 8th grade he was average height and size. His teammate was 4 to 5 inches taller than him. He was a bit faster a bit stronger and a bit better but because he hit puberty earlier than my son. Fast forward till 10th grade my son is now 6'2 180 and about 4 to 5 inches taller than his teammate. Both have similar work ethics yet due to my son hitting puberty he is stronger and bigger and faster which in turn has resulted in him being looked at by a number of D1 programs. Genetics never changed same mom and dad just got that little boost of testosterone from puberty. Yet what people do forget is if the player is athletically gifted and has the work ethic they will excel regardless. It just will depend on when they get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was bored... Stony Brook D and LSM - average 6'1 189.5 lbs. If you take away the LSM's the average drops.

Pls get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pls get a life

Thanks for a little research. But we don't want facts to get in the way of our positions. We need alternative facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you dads should relax, its a freakin game. Nobody cares how many goals your kid scores or what he weighs. Tell me what his teachers names are and what he got on his last math test and then I will be impressed. Put the beer down, quit thumping your chest and help him pick a school and a major that will set him up for the rest of his life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly right. This is a club sport. Never be any money in it and therefore the best athletes will be in football, basketball and baseball. Check the ego and have fun with it..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you dads should relax, its a freakin game. Nobody cares how many goals your kid scores or what he weighs. Tell me what his teachers names are and what he got on his last math test and then I will be impressed. Put the beer down, quit thumping your chest and help him pick a school and a major that will set him up for the rest of his life.

So you reason to be reading and posting is?

Better start getting on back of the chalkboard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game?? Are u serious?? This is lacrosse!! My child will be D1 player without a doubt! I havent spent tens of thousands on him to end up D3 ?? I never got a chance and am I living the Dream thru him ... Not sure how he feels, but that is his problem..not mine!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder when lacrosse goes the next step. h.s. hoops now has "schools" exclusively for blue chip players. Set up in obscure places such as Maine or wherever and they have only a small population of students...all basketball kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you reason to be reading and posting is?

Better start getting on back of the chalkboard.

You should have your wife respond for you caveman. Keep living through your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most of the "basketball schools" have students who could never matriculate in regular HS...so unless Lax starts being played by kids who have no use for HS classes, don't expect that to happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder when lacrosse goes the next step. h.s. hoops now has "schools" exclusively for blue chip players. Set up in obscure places such as Maine or wherever and they have only a small population of students...all basketball kids.

IMG in Florida, sports academy that costs $$. But your kid can get $6,000 to play D-1. Craziness!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a sense, it has already arrived. The Hill Academy in Canada is an example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say I played D1 in the 90's and I really hope my son doesn't go that route. D2 d3 it doesn't matter. Have a life in college. Enjoy the experience. What are you going to graduate and play pro lax for 10-12k a year. No future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is gonna make a ton of money.
lots of idle cash to be thrown at the dreamers.
if parents will pay 5-6 thousand a summer for a club team A,B, or C. its almost the next thing that will become even popular in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 58 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard