BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 58 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
GET AN SAT TUTOR, now that is money well spent! We've been there, trust me nobody cares about lacrosse except their club directors and mom and dad!!!! Higher SAT scores brings in tons of cash
This is probably the most intelligent suggestion I've seen on this site. (And ironically have also heard similar from college coaches when it came to the amount of scholarship money they could get for a player)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your best bet is to get a college player who can maybe give lessons to your son and one other to cut the cost and there is only so. Much one can do without getting tired

Cut the cost? The ole two for one deal? Most guys charge by the kid. Good luck with that. Additionally, if your kid is recruiting age, and gets tired in a 1 hour lesson, he might not be the kind of athlete college coaches are looking for...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GET AN SAT TUTOR, now that is money well spent! We've been there, trust me nobody cares about lacrosse except their club directors and mom and dad!!!! Higher SAT scores brings in tons of cash
This is probably the most intelligent suggestion I've seen on this site. (And ironically have also heard similar from college coaches when it came to the amount of scholarship money they could get for a player)

$100 to get the grades up or $75 an hour to throw a ball around or better yet off a wall LOL. Unfortuntly the vast majority will choose the personal training

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep in mind that no matter who you hire to provide lessons, you had better be very, very good to start off if the college level is your goal. Otherwise , its really money better spent on SAT tutors. if the student/player is ,say, 9-10 yrs old and still just learning technique you can hire a h.s. experienced kid to teach or work on basics. And....hit the wall!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Your best bet is to get a college player who can maybe give lessons to your son and one other to cut the cost and there is only so. Much one can do without getting tired

Cut the cost? The ole two for one deal? Most guys charge by the kid. Good luck with that. Additionally, if your kid is recruiting age, and gets tired in a 1 hour lesson, he might not be the kind of athlete college coaches are looking for...

I think that is a great idea and then can push each other as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that is a great idea and then can push each other as well

Now you are telling me your son has more endurance then my kid..give me a break...if you are paying $50 for 1 the price for two for the same hour won't be $100..It will be much less .Its called common sense . So if he had 10 kids he is charging $1000 an hour. Don't be the fool , most good coaches or kids giving lessons will work with you ..No one is in that big of demand unless they have a sucker like you willing to pay

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now you are telling me your son has more endurance then my kid..give me a break...if you are paying $50 for 1 the price for two for the same hour won't be $100..It will be much less .Its called common sense . So if he had 10 kids he is charging $1000 an hour. Don't be the fool , most good coaches or kids giving lessons will work with you ..No one is in that big of demand unless they have a sucker like you willing to pay

Any trainer that is honest with you will tell you they are stealing money. They will also tell you they love pairs so they don't have to do as much work because the kids can work together. When they don't pair up I see the trainers in my town watching kids throw a ball off a wall. But I guess if a D1 player watches your kid play catch its worth it! What a joke! Get a tutor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my town the assistant varsity coach used to give private lessons to middle schoolers ,then coached them on town travel team....but then that blew up, but not before the culture of the h.s. team was damaged badly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any experienced/knowledgeable college player is between $60-$80 an hour.
Top tier D1, MLL or Coach are usually $100 an hour.
D1 coaches are $200 an hour.

As one post stated make sure you do an individual lesson so your kid gets as many touches as possible. A good Coach will finish the lesson no matter how long it goes over the 1 hour without charging you any additional money.

Lastly, MC has told us numerous times grades, grades, grades is most important so spending money on tutoring is a fantastic idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie and Fogo trainers are getting 50 an hour for large group setting. You are better off organizing a smaller group with an experienced HS senior or college player. Some of these guys are walking away with thousands a session for selling a dream and blowing a whistle!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any experienced/knowledgeable college player is between $60-$80 an hour.

As one post stated make sure you do an individual lesson so your kid gets as many touches as possible. A good Coach will finish the lesson no matter how long it goes over the 1 hour without charging you any additional money.

Lastly, MC has told us numerous times grades, grades, grades is most important so spending money on tutoring is a fantastic idea. [/quote

Why would a college coach do anything but give lessons . They could make over 150k cash. A year not bad. Get real . No one is paying that much unless you really are stupid or money means nothing and you make over 1 mill a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trainers are stealing money and the idiots keep paying. Lots of people go to work with fancy clothes for $20-$25 an hour yet my college age kid fleeces PAL kids with limited talent $75 and hour to throw off the back wall of our schools gym

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quite a kid you are raising there.
you must be proud. not everyone has the backing from dad to take advantage of people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
200/hour times 40 hour work week = 8,000.00 per week x 52 weeks =$416,000.00 mostly cash non-taxable income.... lol Hope you guys aren't paying that much w/o some accountability on the coaches part.... Hey I have some anti aging cream it will take 20 years off!! It just costs $500.00 per jar and you need a 6 jar minimum!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, if a kid can't handle a 1 hour lesson, he's NOT in shape. As far as the fees: You do realize some people train kids to make money? Why would they charge $100 for one kid, and free for the other? Oh, because YOU want it for half price? I think I get it. So, 2 kids still $100. How about 3 or 4 still $100? Maybe a whole team? All for $100? Next time you hire a baby sitter, invite the neighbors kids too. In fact, invite all the kids on the block. Maybe you could get the girl's baby sitting fee down to 50 cents a kid per hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
200/hour times 40 hour work week = 8,000.00 per week x 52 weeks =$416,000.00 mostly cash non-taxable income.... lol Hope you guys aren't paying that much w/o some accountability on the coaches part.... Hey I have some anti aging cream it will take 20 years off!! It just costs $500.00 per jar and you need a 6 jar minimum!!!

flawed logic but I assume you wrote this in jest, generally an hour lesson takes an hour and a half to two hours between driving to the field, set up, wait for kid to show up, lessons always run long, collect stuff, BS with parent and tell them how great the kid is progressing and driving home. so now your 40 hour work week is only generating 20 billable hours and who can live on $200,000 these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quite a kid you are raising there.
you must be proud. not everyone has the backing from dad to take advantage of people.

My kid is cheap vs the other posts on here. And what the [lacrosse] do you think the lax directors do to you? You gladly pay them and all the other snake oil they sell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any experienced/knowledgeable college player is between $60-$80 an hour.

Lastly, MC has told us numerous times grades, grades, grades is most important so spending money on tutoring is a fantastic idea.

I have friends still in the MLL who would be pretty terrible at teaching kids, and friends who played D3 once upon a time who'd actually give them your money's worth.

Paying a premium to a coach/trainer based solely on pedigree is the height of stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, if a kid can't handle a 1 hour lesson, he's NOT in shape. As far as the fees: You do realize some people train kids to make money? Why would they charge $100 for one kid, and free for the other? Oh, because YOU want it for half price? I think I get it. So, 2 kids still $100. How about 3 or 4 still $100? Maybe a whole team? All for $100? Next time you hire a baby sitter, invite the neighbors kids too. In fact, invite all the kids on the block. Maybe you could get the girl's baby sitting fee down to 50 cents a kid per hour.

Relax there Francis, its throwing a ball around and sometimes bouncing it off a wall. A nurse and a nypd officer make about $40 an hour. See the insanity in paying someone to play catch with your kid for $100 an hour? You can do it but don't ever try and justify it. Parents are nuts and most trainers are robbing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Relax there Francis, its throwing a ball around and sometimes bouncing it off a wall. A nurse and a nypd officer make about $40 an hour. See the insanity in paying someone to play catch with your kid for $100 an hour? You can do it but don't ever try and justify it. Parents are nuts and most trainers are robbing

Nothing to justify. You spend your money the way you want. I'll do the same. Clearly you have a problem with people earning what a market will bare. If you don't want to pay for a trainer or private lessons, don't. By the way, a cop works for 20 years, retires, and then gets paid for another 40 or 50 more years to do a whole lot of nothing, along with health benefits for life. Turns that $40 an hour into about $500 an hour in deferred income. Pretty good gig, I'd say. Oh, the 80's movie reference is really lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing to justify. You spend your money the way you want. I'll do the same. Clearly you have a problem with people earning what a market will bare. If you don't want to pay for a trainer or private lessons, don't. By the way, a cop works for 20 years, retires, and then gets paid for another 40 or 50 more years to do a whole lot of nothing, along with health benefits for life. Turns that $40 an hour into about $500 an hour in deferred income. Pretty good gig, I'd say. Oh, the 80's movie reference is really lame.

So now police officers make 20k a week in pension or 1 mill a year . Great gig. No one should be paying $100 an hour for lessons. That's common sense for most . More important is to take what you learned at lessons and charge half to the next person teaching the same thing. Let's not make it rocket science here. Look at YouTube it's the same drills there. Hate to burst your bubble . I will post the links when I get the chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now police officers make 20k a week in pension or 1 mill a year . Great gig. No one should be paying $100 an hour for lessons. That's common sense for most . More important is to take what you learned at lessons and charge half to the next person teaching the same thing. Let's not make it rocket science here. Look at YouTube it's the same drills there. Hate to burst your bubble . I will post the links when I get the chance.

Not too many college kids are going to turn down $50 an hour I'm sure . Whether it's one kid or two I would hate to tell you. My son has been giving lessons the last two years and can't believe that some of these parents are throwing money at him to help their kid. Is he good with the kids yes but no one is that good.. Usually hard work helps more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was always a college player home for the summer in my town that would take 3 or 4 high school boys and work with them. $20-$25 each for the hour. Money well spent. If they learned one thing over the summer it was worth it, a new check, positioning etc. I've spent thousands on travel teams that were a complete waste of time. The tourneys may have been fun but I can't say my son was a better lax player for having played on them. Speed and agility and individualized training was the difference. Playing D1 in college now. Hopefully his scholarship will be renewed every year so I can break even and recoup all the travel team costs over the years. BTW one of the college coaches that lives locally would run college level practices for the high school boys that were dedicated. 1x per week $15 per player. Ask around no need to break the bank.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make sure its a D1 player minimum. D2 or D3 kids don't know how to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tufts, Salisbury, etc can beat most of the D1 schools, those boys can play!! They go to college for academics, not full time gym classes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tufts, Salisbury, etc can beat most of the D1 schools, those boys can play!! They go to college for academics, not full time gym classes.
They can absolutely not beat any D1 teams, not even close. People say this to make themselves feel good about playing D3. We saw Tufts play live and they looked like a really good high school team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they would smoke Dartmouth for starters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think going to Salisbury is for strong academics, you are way off the mark. That school is very week in the academic area. Probably the weakest Md. state school in the Md. University system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They can absolutely not beat any D1 teams, not even close. People say this to make themselves feel good about playing D3. We saw Tufts play live and they looked like a really good high school team.

The bottom tier of D1 lax programs definitely overlap with the top DII and DIII programs. No, Tufts et al can't compete with Duke et al - instead of being pedantic, try reading between the lines!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Salisbury would have a tough time against a weak D1 program, don't kid yourself thinking they can beat most D1 schools,. they can't even come close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they would smoke Dartmouth for starters

And the Dartmouth kids will smoke them in life.

#priorities

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dummy, do the math. Cop works 20 years retires at 40. Lives to 90. 50 years of pension and benefits. Worth about $150,000 a year, some $200k a year. $7.5 to $10 million pay out over those 50 years. Not quite $500 an hour, but a handsome payout nonetheless.
Again, if you don't want to pay for lessons, don't. You're not bursting any bubbles Champ. $100 bucks once a week is not a lot of money for many, many people. One in College already playing at a great school and another already committed since 10th grade. Yes I paid for tutors, ACT prep, private lessons and strength training. Would do it all again in a heartbeat. I enjoy investing in my kids. When money was tight, I did without so they had what they needed. Oh, and if they were into music I would've paid for the best voice lessons or the best music coach I could find. That's how I roll, all in for me and mine. You? Not so much I guess. Last thing cheapo, don't have your kid get involved with Hockey. Freind's son is on a top U-18 team. $15,000 a year just for the team... No he's not rich, just all in!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Salisbury, Tufts, RIT, Limestone couldn't beat a NJIT, Umass-Lowell, Cleveland State or even a Wagner ? You are not very informed my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes I paid for tutors, ACT prep, private lessons and strength training. Would do it all again in a heartbeat. I enjoy investing in my kids. When money was tight, I did without so they had what they needed. Oh, and if they were into music I would've paid for the best voice lessons or the best music coach I could find. That's how I roll, all in for me and mine.

^ This is all you needed to say. Agree 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to see you two chuckleheads in wife-beater tees meet in the parking lot..that's worth 100 beans right there..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this is a really uninfrormed comment. where do you get such a stupid idea?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess my younger child can get ready for the "all in" guys kid to be his summer coach in a few years after he finishes his illustrious playing career.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess my younger child can get ready for the "all in" guys kid to be his summer coach in a few years after he finishes his illustrious playing career.

they wont be available to coach. after graduating from great schools with outstanding work ethics, they will be starting their careers full time instead of sitting on dad and mom's couch wishing dad and mom had done more for them. don't worry; you can drink beers together and contemplate "woulda, shoulda, coulda". then you can try and answer when he asks why weren't you all in for me, dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Salisbury, Tufts, RIT, Limestone couldn't beat a NJIT, Umass-Lowell, Cleveland State or even a Wagner ? You are not very informed my friend.

No matter how you say it, how you put it, Salisbury, Tufts, RIT and Limestone are still D3, the minor league of college men's lacrosse. Like it or not, that's what it is and will forever be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No matter how you say it, how you put it, Salisbury, Tufts, RIT and Limestone are still D3, the minor league of college men's lacrosse. Like it or not, that's what it is and will forever be.

Who cares?

I'd rather have my kid play at Williams than Denver, Amherst than Maryland. Wouldn't you?

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 58 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard