BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I already said I knew a player from PSU and OSU. Both received far less than 75 %. Both received in the range of 30% or less. Both top 10 players from Long Island. As was said not naming kids, looking for a school, cant even get that.

One kid from LI is getting 70% there and the top superstar 10th grader I heard 80%

You heard! Exactly, no basis in fact. Third party statement. No one has proven a single fact to prove these huge sums of supposed money. Most won't even offer a school.

It sounds like the only proof that would be satisfactory for you would be the actual financial statement for the SA from the school - anything less than that is going to be a third party statement, unless the actual parent posts. Even then, this is an anonymous board, so how is that going to happen. You are essentially asking for the impossible in that regard. Even if someone were to post an SA's name and/or school, how can you validate that what they said is true or not. And, FTR, I think most if not all lax SAs are getting very little money relative to overall tuition costs - I am just pointing out your ridiculous standards for requested proof on an anonymous board.

Not true, I indicated that the name of a school would suffice, only to read that someone "heard" someone is getting 80%. As stated no facts, just rumors and third party statements! I stated that I know two very highly recruited students at PSU and OSU who received closer to 30%. Not naming them, but I personally know the dads and the young men. That's factual, I heard right from the guy paying the tuition.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not outing myself with club, college or any identifying details, I know this guy is looking for specific info so he won't be happy with this answer, who cares. My kid received 100%. Only kid in history to ever receive 100% ? Maybe, I don't know for sure, that would make us feel very special, but I doubt it. I have heard from others I know personally the same offers, true or not, I don't know, but based on my experience there definitely seems to be schools and coaches willing to do this and even some excellent academic and excellent lacrosse schools. The trick is getting that offer from the actual school your kid really wants to attend and play for, not always the case, that's when the coaches need to use the full ride leverage to land players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking to a women coach that has coached at fully funded programs 12.6 scholarships on the major D1 top 10, top 40, and top D2 program.

But a general rule, super star players 50% scholarship, top players 25% athletic money. She also mentioned that there is a lot academic money if you have the test numbers and grades. Once committed stop putting your money into training and instead put it in SAT prep. High score could mean more money than working on you that behind the back shot.

I know most people already know this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not outing myself with club, college or any identifying details, I know this guy is looking for specific info so he won't be happy with this answer, who cares. My kid received 100%. Only kid in history to ever receive 100% ? Maybe, I don't know for sure, that would make us feel very special, but I doubt it. I have heard from others I know personally the same offers, true or not, I don't know, but based on my experience there definitely seems to be schools and coaches willing to do this and even some excellent academic and excellent lacrosse schools. The trick is getting that offer from the actual school your kid really wants to attend and play for, not always the case, that's when the coaches need to use the full ride leverage to land players.

you must be in horrible financial straits. I get that your child got 100% but most money is need based. you think that a wealthy family gets that sort of deal? ask a garden city family with an all American.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is he going Albany? SUNY Schools are now all tuition free!!

Well done!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where is he going Albany? SUNY Schools are now all tuition free!!

Well done!

Tuition free my [lacrosse]. If you can afford travel lacrosse for your kid with all the costs associated with it, chances are you're not eligible for the free tuition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking to a women coach that has coached at fully funded programs 12.6 scholarships on the major D1 top 10, top 40, and top D2 program.

But a general rule, super star players 50% scholarship, top players 25% athletic money. She also mentioned that there is a lot academic money if you have the test numbers and grades. Once committed stop putting your money into training and instead put it in SAT prep. High score could mean more money than working on you that behind the back shot.

I know most people already know this.

The scholarship range above - 50% for superstars, 25% for other top players or somewhere in between - is exactly what our club coach told me and our experience during our daughter's commitment process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, IF (and that's a big "If"!) he is receiving 100%, is that referring to a "full ride" (100% athletic scholarship) or a mix of athletic scholarship and other funding from the school? If the latter, please stop because the whole original debate is about full rides and lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plus no one gives a ratsass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played two years of college lacrosse with a small athletic scholarship offered the first year. I did not do the right things and did not keep it. However now as a parent, I would much rather have my son receive a 10% athletic scholarship and 90% merit scholarship (obtained with the assistance and recommendations of a lacrosse coach) that get a fully funded 100% athletic scholarship. This is a "no brainer." If your son or daughter is truly a top recruit and you have options, try to go for "other" sources as that is a much better deal.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I played two years of college lacrosse with a small athletic scholarship offered the first year. I did not do the right things and did not keep it. However now as a parent, I would much rather have my son receive a 10% athletic scholarship and 90% merit scholarship (obtained with the assistance and recommendations of a lacrosse coach) that get a fully funded 100% athletic scholarship. This is a "no brainer." If your son or daughter is truly a top recruit and you have options, try to go for "other" sources as that is a much better deal.

No argument with your point, but it has nothing to do with the preponderance of claims of "full rides" that essentially do not exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No argument with your point, but it has nothing to do with the preponderance of claims of "full rides" that essentially do not exist.

Full rides 100% exist. But due to the limited money its just not something coaches or families receiving them advertise

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you really are an obsessive loser. Show me the post that says full rides are common.Have never met anyone that thinks it's a common occurrence. For you to say they don't exist is just as ignorant. Cannot speak to the boys side but on the girls side it's rare but it happens .People like you just can't believe that there are coaches out there who wanted other kids more than yours . A few schools who have given out a full ride covering the total cost of attendance , USC, Florida . There are others . Lower that number to 75 percent the cost of attendance and it's much more common .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude you really are an obsessive loser. Show me the post that says full rides are common.Have never met anyone that thinks it's a common occurrence. For you to say they don't exist is just as ignorant. Cannot speak to the boys side but on the girls side it's rare but it happens .People like you just can't believe that there are coaches out there who wanted other kids more than yours . A few schools who have given out a full ride covering the total cost of attendance , USC, Florida . There are others . Lower that number to 75 percent the cost of attendance and it's much more common .

1. Explain how my comment is obsessive??
2. The use of the word "essentially" is key - do full rides exist?? Yes, but they are so far and few between, they essentially don't exist - get it?? That's not ignorance - it's knowledge of the English language and the nuances thereof.
3. The number of posts on BOTC that claim firsthand or secondhand knowledge of full rides are sufficiently large enough that there is no way they are accurate given #2 and the sample size.
4. My oldest isn't even out of MS, so I've got no dog in the fight, so "NO", it's got zero to do with my kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. The use of the word "essentially" is key - do full rides exist?? Yes, but they are so far and few between, they essentially don't exist - get it?? That's not ignorance - it's knowledge of the English language and the nuances thereof.
3. The number of posts on BOTC that claim firsthand or secondhand knowledge of full rides are sufficiently large enough that there is no way they are accurate given #2 and the sample size.
4. My oldest isn't even out of MS, so I've got no dog in the fight, so "NO", it's got zero to do with my kids.

IDK about LI but the Baltimore lacrosse community is very small and everyone knows everyone. So the fact that many people are saying they know girls that got 100% isn't that surprising. I personally know 2 girls that were offered 100%. One of which was offered 100% by two different schools. I will say that the one she turned down was Vanderbilt. Not saying where she is because it's no one's business who she is and what package she received.

The other posters may be referring to the same 2 girls that I know. I doubt it, so I think there are more occurrences of this than people want to believe. Are they rare? Sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IDK about LI but the Baltimore lacrosse community is very small and everyone knows everyone. So the fact that many people are saying they know girls that got 100% isn't that surprising. I personally know 2 girls that were offered 100%. One of which was offered 100% by two different schools. I will say that the one she turned down was Vanderbilt. Not saying where she is because it's no one's business who she is and what package she received.

The other posters may be referring to the same 2 girls that I know. I doubt it, so I think there are more occurrences of this than people want to believe. Are they rare? Sure.

Curious, what age group? Reason i ask, more kids playing now compared to even 5yrs ago...whole country playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comment is not obsessive it's your repeated comments that are. You just cannot let it go and have continually commented making you seem obsessive.

Actually your nonsense use of essentially just shows you come from a weak position. Full rides exist , many of us have first hand knowledge that they do exist .

The fact that your oldest is in MS tells me you have not been through the process and are thus just ignorant about the facts surrounding athletic scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your comment is not obsessive it's your repeated comments that are. You just cannot let it go and have continually commented making you seem obsessive.

Actually your nonsense use of essentially just shows you come from a weak position. Full rides exist , many of us have first hand knowledge that they do exist .

The fact that your oldest is in MS tells me you have not been through the process and are thus just ignorant about the facts surrounding athletic scholarships.

Well said! Why would a person w a kid in middle school act as if they have been through the process? This site can be helpful in the recruiting process. The most important thing is to evaluate your kid properly and know where they stand. Full rides DO exist! If your kid is a top 50 recruit and Not getting 75% on the girls side, you probably should be asking for more! on the boys side 50-60% for a top 50 recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have only posted two times about this topic - you're arguing with multiple people!
Full rides existing at a fraction of percent is exactly why the use of "essentially" is completely appropriate - the numbers are 100% on my side of the argument.
I have a handful of friends whose sons all now play college lacrosse and what they went through when the recruiting process was happening - I am also directly involved with our local community lacrosse program, so exposed to more information about additional local lax SAs and their ongoing recruiting experiences, as well as being involved in a ongoing committee discussions with the school district on how to better involve the HS guidance department in the recruiting process for prospective SAs for all sports in our district.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanted to know how the first year event Blatant Exposure did? Was going to send a kid there but didn't know how it would be. Anyone there that can give feedback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was great. my kid got about 15 D1 full ride offers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 58 1 2 56 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard