BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,300
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 177 of 220 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns/Team West Babylon-West Islip
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well MD.....the site is mostly NY because there isn't much to talk about south of NY including you MD. PA, NJ, MD have nowhere near the concentration of top notch lax players as the island known as Strong Island Lax. Go work your overpaid gov't job, wear your skippers, and oh yea, Biff, take Buffy out to eat crab in your 10 year old Mercedes diesel wagon. Have a great superbowl sunday if Buffy lets you.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take quality over quantity any day. I don't work for the government. What are skippers? Wife's name is NOT Buffy. I don't drive an MB. But, I LOVE crab soup. You LI "humans" crack me up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey LI person...You should trademark that Strong Island Lax title. Then, you could put YJ, TG, Elevate, Beach Bums, Liberty, Express, Wave, PAL (whatever the [lacrosse] that is), M&D, Integrity, TLC, Heros, Capital, Bay Area, STEPS, etc, etc, etc out of business. You'd have ALL of the best of the best in the (obviously) best place for lax on earth. You would dominate the world (aka New [lacrosse]). You could have 37 teams at every age group, they would play each other (because you put all others out of business), you teams would win EVERY tournament, you could have your own forum website and talk to yourself. Man oh man...without variety, you'd have it made. You'd be THE MAN! Your daughter would be the only one in the world (aka New [lacrosse]) with a real FULL RIDE scholarship to any school she wanted. All because she was raised on LI. Oh yeah...nobody cares. And, what ARE skippers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PAL
Is police athletic league
It's our town league on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We read the LI posts for a good laugh. And, this site is not exclusive to NY.
I have been posting to this board for years, it was originally for Long Island but has grown because somehow you guys from Md. found it, it does makeit better. As far as you llaughing at us, feel free, but you cheaters down south are pretty pathetic yourselves. Md. mandates you start your kids later so they are naturally older, then you do pre first to make them a little older still, and then when you find out you really still can't compete with our kids you "reclassify". Basicly, your sending a N.Y. sophomore to play against a n 8th grader . Then you send your kid to Maryland at 20 years old, to major in numbers and science, but they will win. Then they get to take a assistant coaching job at one of the thousands of colleges down there to finally get a degree in something. Did I get that right

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. My kid is typical. She's a 2016, born in 1998. Wasn't held back or moved up. Will graduate from high school just after turning 18. Will play at a CAA school. I don't know ANY of her team mates that were held back. I think you're (correct spelling) confusing boys and girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad you dontt chest pump your great teams in MD. Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because we don’t work in the cement, waste, or garment industries or are not union officials doesn’t mean we don’t work.. Just play the games and enjoy the lessons..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. My kid is typical. She's a 2016, born in 1998. Wasn't held back or moved up. Will graduate from high school just after turning 18. Will play at a CAA school. I don't know ANY of her team mates that were held back. I think you're (correct spelling) confusing boys and girls.

so you're ( correct when substituting for you are, as opposed to when used to show possession, learn word usage) saying you cheat only with your (still correct shows possession, it' not you are son) son. How could we take the word of known cheaters.maybe you're (again substituting for you are)lying about your daughter and her friends and they are 14 year old high school freshma, cheaters are layers you know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so you're ( correct when substituting for you are, as opposed to when used to show possession, learn word usage) saying you cheat only with your (still correct shows possession, it' not you are son) son. How could we take the word of known cheaters.maybe you're (again substituting for you are)lying about your daughter and her friends and they are 14 year old high school freshma, cheaters are layers you know

The people who run TG are layers (liars), too. So get off your high horse and realize that your club is becoming a glorified PAL team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't like TG leave BS will get another fanny to come in and take your seat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't like TG leave BS will get another fanny to come in and take your seat.

Usually a less skilled fanny than the one that left, because the talented girls are going elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually a less skilled fanny than the one that left, because the talented girls are going elsewhere.

Judging by the 2018 age group they couldn't even do that. 3 teams has now become 2 teams because so many girls left. 2 girls left after the rosters were released already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Judging by the 2018 age group they couldn't even do that. 3 teams has now become 2 teams because so many girls left. 2 girls left after the rosters were released already.

Soooo..... on this site if you have 3+ teams/age group your a money grabbing organization/director/coach. If you have 2 teams that shows nobody wants to play with your organization. ......funny how that works. The only thread dumber than this one is the boys arguing if catholic/private schools are better than public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Soooo..... on this site if you have 3+ teams/age group your a money grabbing organization/director/coach. If you have 2 teams that shows nobody wants to play with your organization. ......funny how that works. The only thread dumber than this one is the boys arguing if catholic/private schools are better than public.

In this case, it sounds like the latter is true - started with 3 teams and went to 2 because there weren't enough girls, not because they were more selective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In this case, it sounds like the latter is true - started with 3 teams and went to 2 because there weren't enough girls, not because they were more selective.

Let them leave. More playing time for my kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They try to field 3 teams in each age group. Now they only have enough in one age group to do that. Nd that will likely change next year, judging from the discord on the top team already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They try to field 3 teams in each age group. Now they only have enough in one age group to do that. Nd that will likely change next year, judging from the discord on the top team already.

Discord ... is this the girls or the parents. My experience is the girls don't usually have "discord" in youth sports. It's the nutty parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when there are 26-27 girls on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Discord ... is this the girls or the parents. My experience is the girls don't usually have "discord" in youth sports. It's the nutty parents.

I could be wrong but I believe the original intent at TG was a (2) team maximum per year...but then the demand was there for (3) teams and they did it in certain age groups. Adding a third team is watering down the talent. I would think this would make some parents disgruntled and want to move on. Now they are back to (2) teams. If I remember the second and third teams at 2018 were pretty even. Some have decided to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this club was started because the owner was disgusted with the YJ and their "money grabbing" ways.
I remember hearing the talk in the beginning how in the YJ organization there was so much politics and favoritism and TG would be the answer to that.
Is TG just a certain college coaches farm team?
Has TG become just another money grabbing machine playing favorites and preying on parents instinct to help their kids?

With other options available that seam to nurture the girls with professional coaching (certified coaches not college kids) and life building guidance does this club really live up to their original mission as sold.
I don't know but it's worth discussing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought this club was started because the owner was disgusted with the YJ and their "money grabbing" ways.
I remember hearing the talk in the beginning how in the YJ organization there was so much politics and favoritism and TG would be the answer to that.
Has TG become just another money grabbing machine playing favorites and preying on parents instinct to help their kids?

With other options available that seam to nurture the girls with professional coaching (certified coaches not college kids) and life building guidance does this club really live up to their original mission as sold.

I am not sure TG was started so much because of the YJ money grab. More like a father seeing an opportunity and wanting a piece of the pie. They used that Money Grab to get top quality girls to come over to TG.

Initially their model worked at the time, other programs have changed to meet the demands of high level instruction, but this model doesn't develop girls to the level of quality programs anymore. TG can no longer provide the quantity or quality of instruction in their present model of having college girls coach each team. SS has little to do with the club now other than sending her Hofstra girls to pick up the slack for when the other real college coaches are not around (and that is even a step down from the college girls promised to coach the teams), and BS has limited knowledge and he is only one person (AS is infrequently available).
This has led to many, if not most of their talent to drain away. A big hit to them was when their most knowledgable coach left to start his own program. He took some talent with him and has been able to develop his new team (2020) and they are going to be close to as good as that TG team was when he was still there. People will take notice of his development model as his teams have more success. The girls who didn't go with him went to YJ to a very strong team and are very happy there. They are beginning the recruiting process and see the benefits that YJ gives them over TG.

Even with SS coaching 2020 and 2018 last summer the talent seems to be leaving. Many headed to YJ and are enjoying successful recruiting. Very few TG girls are being recruited now because other college coaches don't trust SS or BS because they see the conflict of interest and don't trust SS word.

TG is becoming the Beachbums of a few years ago,(prior to their buyout) just twice the price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just like the stock market, the LI lax scene is cyclical. Skillled enrollment is down everywhere and the original #1 club is getting the most hard core girls that are still playing while the TG's and others suffer. The C and B- players have stopped paying into to the club machines after a multi year test. The market has definitly contracted hurting everyone, even #1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure TG was started so much because of the YJ money grab. More like a father seeing an opportunity and wanting a piece of the pie. They used that Money Grab to get top quality girls to come over to TG.

Initially their model worked at the time, other programs have changed to meet the demands of high level instruction, but this model doesn't develop girls to the level of quality programs anymore. TG can no longer provide the quantity or quality of instruction in their present model of having college girls coach each team. SS has little to do with the club now other than sending her Hofstra girls to pick up the slack for when the other real college coaches are not around (and that is even a step down from the college girls promised to coach the teams), and BS has limited knowledge and he is only one person (AS is infrequently available).
This has led to many, if not most of their talent to drain away. A big hit to them was when their most knowledgable coach left to start his own program. He took some talent with him and has been able to develop his new team (2020) and they are going to be close to as good as that TG team was when he was still there. People will take notice of his development model as his teams have more success. The girls who didn't go with him went to YJ to a very strong team and are very happy there. They are beginning the recruiting process and see the benefits that YJ gives them over TG.

Even with SS coaching 2020 and 2018 last summer the talent seems to be leaving. Many headed to YJ and are enjoying successful recruiting. Very few TG girls are being recruited now because other college coaches don't trust SS or BS because they see the conflict of interest and don't trust SS word.

TG is becoming the Beachbums of a few years ago,(prior to their buyout) just twice the price.

I think this post pretty much describes the current situation at TG. My daughter had a very good experience as she was lucky enough to catch the initial wave. Its all about the coaches, TG needs to pay qualified adult coaches who want to have the best teams at their age group. coaches who will take players to fall tourn. have more than 10 practices per year, do something over the winter..etc.
just my .2 cents and I thank both BS and SS for the experience we had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very accurate post. I would like to add that preferences shown to one town and more specifically one family whose father is influential in the school district where the club is based and their daughter's/Niece's friends have enjoyed this preferential treatment. This has led to discord that has begun to boil over. In one age an entire groups of girls from this town refusing to participate in team activities, and BS and SS unwilling or unable to convince them otherwise despite the other teammates to participate in team building activities. Ne girls are being shunned by the established girls on the team from WB. Regretting paying that final payment a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when there are 26-27 girls on the team.
[/quote

how many are leaving and where are they going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I thought this club was started because the owner was disgusted with the YJ and their "money grabbing" ways.

Very accurate post. I would like to add that preferences shown to one town and more specifically one family whose father is influential in the school district where the club is based and their daughter's/Niece's friends have enjoyed this preferential treatment. This has led to discord that has begun to boil over. In one age an entire groups of girls from this town refusing to participate in team activities, and BS and SS unwilling or unable to convince them otherwise despite the other teammates to participate in team building activities. Ne girls are being shunned by the established girls on the team from WB. Regretting paying that final payment a few weeks ago.

No doubt WB and West Islip are favored in this club. The club initially started out strong but did not hire qualified coaches and favoritism has led many to leave for greener pastures. Once thought to be able to compete with YJ now thats a distant memory as they just try and remain relevant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post, dead on. Except one opinion seems way off. The quality coach that headed for the hills to start his own program, that part is correct. The thought that the team he assembled will be even remotely as dominate as TG2020blk was is a pipe dream. He never took talent with him, most of the talent did leave, just not with him. Since the TG team has drastically declined, he may soon be on par with them, but will never get to where he was when he coached at TG's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post, dead on. Except one opinion seems way off. The quality coach that headed for the hills to start his own program, that part is correct. The thought that the team he assembled will be even remotely as dominate as TG2020blk was is a pipe dream. He never took talent with him, most of the talent did leave, just not with him. Since the TG team has drastically declined, he may soon be on par with them, but will never get to where he was when he coached at TG's.

You are correct in saying that they won't. Be dominant like the 2020 Black he previously coached. What I meant to say is that he has worked hard with the girls that came with him and there was some talent maybe not top two girls but there were some good girls. He has really developed that team. I won't make any hasty silly predictions because they only bite you in the azs if you make them, but I think people will be impressed with the teams progress from last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two 2018 girls left for YJ 3rd team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the grass be greener?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The instruction will be better. Recruiting opportunities will be more, and college coaches aren't shunning their director, as they are with SS. Coaches will flat out not ask their opinion (other than her friend at Towsen). She will won't send a talented girl to her conference (other than Towsen).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The instruction will be better. Recruiting opportunities will be more, and college coaches aren't shunning their director, as they are with SS. Coaches will flat out not ask their opinion (other than her friend at Towsen). She will won't send a talented girl to her conference (other than Towsen).

Please note it is TOWSON.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27 girls per team on 2018, yikes, playing time is going to be tight during a very important year to get looked at. Hope it works out for all the girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
27 girls per team on 2018, yikes, playing time is going to be tight during a very important year to get looked at. Hope it works out for all the girls.

I think theYJ top 2018 team has 26

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Two 2018 girls left for YJ 3rd team

The 2nd team of TG is now a purple/white 27 girls and a college coach you'll see at the end of May. YJ 3rd team has winter practices and their coach running them. Sounds like a no Brainer to go with YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you even talking about. Tg has been practicing all winter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A one hour practice run by a few Hofstra girls, in a. Poorly lit bubble for an hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A one hour practice run by a few Hofstra girls, in a. Poorly lit bubble for an hour.

That practice is a joke. 2017 and 2018 are combined for a total of 30 girls. Drills are basic. "world class" coaches look disinterested playing with their phones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first off you seem to know an awful lot about what transpires for a club that you are not affiliated with
secondly, Shannon is at every practice doing the training
I don't understand why it concerns you

Like Reply Quote
Page 177 of 220 1 2 175 176 177 178 179 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard