BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
Re: Maryland, D.C., Virginia Fall 2015 Summer 2016 Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We made the move due to the fact my son was suffering academically. He was immature in that respect. Sure he benefited to some extent athletically, but as I also mentioned, he is small for his age so I don't see the problem. I am not making excuses. I am secure in the decisions we made to help our son. To brush this picture in broads strokes makes no sense and to attack from behind a keyboard shows cowardice.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We made the move due to the fact my son was suffering academically. He was immature in that respect. Sure he benefited to some extent athletically, but as I also mentioned, he is small for his age so I don't see the problem. I am not making excuses. I am secure in the decisions we made to help our son. To brush this picture in broads strokes makes no sense and to attack from behind a keyboard shows cowardice.

Well I would be glad to confront any parent with a hold back son. But no one puts the ages out for anyone to see. So unless someone does a straw poll on the sidelines at a game we never all know for sure. I think most of us would really prefer that there was some kinda rule so you could not cheat. Because if you are on my sons team me calling you a punk to your face would only make for a long year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the rosters of our club kids. All parents know the ages of the kids. You understand the holdback thing is over once you are in HS. The HS tournaments are JVB, JV A, Varsity B and Varsity A. Your club will decide where to put you. We played Varsity A as Sophomores last year. We will do it again this year. No holdbacks just kids and parents that love LAX. Only 3 D1 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As much as I hate the holdback game AND believe me I do. I understand and sympathize with the parent above. I get the need to hold a kid back that is having extremely difficulty academically. However, what I don't get is the systematic approach some of these lacrosse clubs/private schools take in order to gain an unfair and unsportsmanlike advantage on the playing field.

A simple age cutoff like multiple other youth sports would solve this problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I would be glad to confront any parent with a hold back son. But no one puts the ages out for anyone to see. So unless someone does a straw poll on the sidelines at a game we never all know for sure. I think most of us would really prefer that there was some kinda rule so you could not cheat. Because if you are on my sons team me calling you a punk to your face would only make for a long year.

You sound very tough. I am the parents of the boys on your son's team are thrilled to have you on the sidelines. More than holdbacks, it is idiot parents like yourself that is ruining the game. I am sure you are the guy with the red solo cup yelling on the sidelines. I feel for your son and anyone that has to put up with your behavior consistently.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By holding a child back you allow them to mature, both mentally and physically. Does this give them an advantage? Yes it probably does, but that is my duty as a parent, to ensure the success of my child. I would do whatever it takes to help my child succeed. I don't make a spectacular living. Both my wife and I work to pay for our children to attend private school. We don't go on vacation. My children have benefited from staying back. They are doing better in school. Neither child is big, but they are athletic. Tell me what I did wrong?

Once again you miss the point . Why you held you child back is irrelevant to most people. Good for you that it has helped him with his education. I cant imagine anyone not wishing him well with his studies.
Youth athletics is a different subject, You want your son to have an advantage in youth sports that others do not get?? There is a fairness to youth athletics that is constantly put out by all organizations. Private schools constantly preach values and character education to their students. Do you think it is good character to allow a select few to enjoy an advantage others dont?? Is all your decisions, that whatever is in the interest of helping my son out..I will do it without any moral value associated with it???

How is what this guy did cheating or morally wrong? People on here call the parent of a holdback a cheater, but he is actually just following the rules of the club and the league. What you are really unhappy with are the rules of the league, which is grade based? Are you suggesting that while the rules state if a kid has a graduation year of 2020, the holdback should be on the 2019 team? That doesn't make sense. If the league were aged based, the kid would be on the proper age team. But it is grade based and he is still on the proper team. I get you are unhappy with the rules but don't call people cheaters or morally wrong who are just following the rules. Attack the league or have your kid play in an aged based league. Don't attack people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound very tough. I am the parents of the boys on your son's team are thrilled to have you on the sidelines. More than holdbacks, it is idiot parents like yourself that is ruining the game. I am sure you are the guy with the red solo cup yelling on the sidelines. I feel for your son and anyone that has to put up with your behavior consistently.

Good try with the deflect. I am not the tough guy but you should man up and say when a kid is 7th grade or below he should play with the grade he should be in age wise. I am cool with when your holdback son plays with the 8th grade team when he is in 8th grade. And when the colleges start to look at 7th graders then you can play down then. But as of now you are a crappy person for letting your son play down. I agree the rules suck and should have a age cut off. But there is no law for cutting in line at a store but it still makes you a jerk for doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]How is what this guy did cheating or morally wrong? People on here call the parent of a holdback a cheater, but he is actually just following the rules of the club and the league. What you are really unhappy with are the rules of the league, which is grade based? Are you suggesting that while the rules state if a kid has a graduation year of 2020, the holdback should be on the 2019 team? That doesn't make sense. If the league were aged based, the kid would be on the proper age team. But it is grade based and he is still on the proper team. I get you are unhappy with the rules but don't call people cheaters or morally wrong who are just following the rules. Attack the league or have your kid play in an aged based league. Don't attack people. [/quote]

do you need a tissue? ...cheater!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad that the one poster keeps calling people cheaters. I detect some deep emotional scarring. Maybe his son is watching from the bench, maybe getting a bit of mop-up duty on occasion. Probably verbally assaults his son on the way home from games. Get ready for the "My son is a starter and top scorer on his team, I just hate cheaters" response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who started first grade a year late because he had a medical problem. He's big for his age and is a good, not great lacrosse player on a good club team. I'll be candid to write he seems to be at a bit of an advantage now in middle school because he is older and big for his age. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of this too and just agree it would be better for these kids to be on age based teams. For every kid like my son who is not old for his grade for sports reasons there are many who are just for some sports advantages. I agree that is wrong and we should have age based teams. I hear it sometimes that my son is one of those "reclassified" ones. Jesus, when he was 5 I was many years away from hearing the word reclassify for the first time. What am I expected to do? Explain to all the retards out there why my kid started 1st grade late? That is personal and private. That written, I too resent that this sissy play down stuff and agree it is not for best. I don't understand a parent's discretion to hold a kid back for sports reasons. It cheapens everything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son isn't overly bright so we held him back a couple of years.

He is the only one shaving on his 2020 team.
The kids mock him, but they sure love it when he runs over everyone and scores

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad that the one poster keeps calling people cheaters. I detect some deep emotional scarring. Maybe his son is watching from the bench, maybe getting a bit of mop-up duty on occasion. Probably verbally assaults his son on the way home from games. Get ready for the "My son is a starter and top scorer on his team, I just hate cheaters" response.

Just stop cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just stop cheating

I'm the PP of the kid who had an early medical problem which cost him a year of school. I'm not cheating. My son isn't a holdback so he can be recruited, and he likely won't be recruited.

Take this vitriol to the doorsteps where it belongs. Ryan McClernan. Cabell Maddox. Trig. The other Blackwolf guy and the VLC dad/coach lunatics. Write to them and copy every parent on your team. Seek them out and tell them you are sick of this and want age based teams. Solicit advocates for your position here the right way. I, for one, would fully support that. I'd rather have my son on an age based team than witness this absolute trash all the time these days.

Again, for every few kids and parents you are calling a cheater there is the occasional kid who was held back for a medical reason or an academic reason. The problem is this sport has gotten so disgusting it is just too much for me to hope for that my son won't be the target of an occasional snide comment. This may come as a shock, but at some level I can't go finding a fault in people anymore when they say it walks like a duck and squacks like a duck...because it is usually a duck.

So man up and put your energy into that. Maybe it will go well and you will do all of us and this sport a lot of good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys need to shut up. We have a few holdbacks and it's none of your business. Stop hating on Madlax and other clubs who gave holdbacks as we are dominating club lacrosse now.

Should I get you some tissues? LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who started first grade a year late because he had a medical problem. He's big for his age and is a good, not great lacrosse player on a good club team. I'll be candid to write he seems to be at a bit of an advantage now in middle school because he is older and big for his age. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of this too and just agree it would be better for these kids to be on age based teams. For every kid like my son who is not old for his grade for sports reasons there are many who are just for some sports advantages. I agree that is wrong and we should have age based teams. I hear it sometimes that my son is one of those "reclassified" ones. Jesus, when he was 5 I was many years away from hearing the word reclassify for the first time. What am I expected to do? Explain to all the retards out there why my kid started 1st grade late? That is personal and private. That written, I too resent that this sissy play down stuff and agree it is not for best. I don't understand a parent's discretion to hold a kid back for sports reasons. It cheapens everything.

You could easily play up according to grade which would mean playing at right age. No one is stopping you???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could easily play up according to grade which would mean playing at right age. No one is stopping you???

Actually, he couldn't. The club owner has it at grade teams. So that is stopping me. Take this to the doorstep where it matters: the club clowns deserve this, not some kid who had a medical problem when he was 5 and 6 years old.

I've come to believe that the right thing prevailing on this issue (which is your position) has not chance because of idiots (like you) arguing the position all wrong. The blame belongs on the club owners who run the leagues and events. Don't feel all better telling me I should just go find an age based league to play in. In lacrosse there aren't any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, he couldn't. The club owner has it at grade teams. So that is stopping me. Take this to the doorstep where it matters: the club clowns deserve this, not some kid who had a medical problem when he was 5 and 6 years old.

I've come to believe that the right thing prevailing on this issue (which is your position) has not chance because of idiots (like you) arguing the position all wrong. The blame belongs on the club owners who run the leagues and events. Don't feel all better telling me I should just go find an age based league to play in. In lacrosse there aren't any.

Are u telling us all that you cant play up?? Like there is some juju that you cant play up! Get real..You and your club owner know what happens when you play up at the right age to USL standards.. Your child is average..No big deal as most kids are, but neither of you want that. Get off your high horse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By holding a child back you allow them to mature, both mentally and physically. Does this give them an advantage? Yes it probably does, but that is my duty as a parent, to ensure the success of my child. I would do whatever it takes to help my child succeed. I don't make a spectacular living. Both my wife and I work to pay for our children to attend private school. We don't go on vacation. My children have benefited from staying back. They are doing better in school. Neither child is big, but they are athletic. Tell me what I did wrong?

Once again you miss the point . Why you held you child back is irrelevant to most people. Good for you that it has helped him with his education. I cant imagine anyone not wishing him well with his studies.
Youth athletics is a different subject, You want your son to have an advantage in youth sports that others do not get?? There is a fairness to youth athletics that is constantly put out by all organizations. Private schools constantly preach values and character education to their students. Do you think it is good character to allow a select few to enjoy an advantage others dont?? Is all your decisions, that whatever is in the interest of helping my son out..I will do it without any moral value associated with it???

How is what this guy did cheating or morally wrong? People on here call the parent of a holdback a cheater, but he is actually just following the rules of the club and the league. What you are really unhappy with are the rules of the league, which is grade based? Are you suggesting that while the rules state if a kid has a graduation year of 2020, the holdback should be on the 2019 team? That doesn't make sense. If the league were aged based, the kid would be on the proper age team. But it is grade based and he is still on the proper team. I get you are unhappy with the rules but don't call people cheaters or morally wrong who are just following the rules. Attack the league or have your kid play in an aged based league. Don't attack people.

You need to read the entire thing..He said he would do whatever it takes to help his son..I responded with my statement about how that is morally wrong to think that way about everything.
I am tired of these parents justifying the rules and their children are only going by them. If I heard that " I get an advantage and that is that" I wouldnt be happy..But at least the parent would be telling the truth and except it.... Not like most of the BS excuses about why it is ok to have selected kids get an advantage. That BS deserves to be called out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree keeping your son back for academic reasons what ever they may be illness, maturity etc.. Are all irrelevant and are just for cause. I have a brother with 4 children and out of them 2 have been held back for the above reasons and he has chosen to do so for academic reasons but on all there teams they play on the level they are supposed to be on they do not play down. Academic and youth sports are entirely different. You as a parent have that option if you think otherwise you are in denial. You say your organization doesn't allow it then change organizations, the coach and organization are not at fault you are for allowing your child to continue playing for them. There not forcing you to stay there. Total BS...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take this vitriol to the doorsteps where it belongs. Ryan McClernan. Cabell Maddox. Trig. The other Blackwolf guy and the VLC dad/coach lunatics.

VLC doesn't have any dads who coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely agree keeping your son back for academic reasons what ever they may be illness, maturity etc.. Are all irrelevant and are just for cause. I have a brother with 4 children and out of them 2 have been held back for the above reasons and he has chosen to do so for academic reasons but on all there teams they play on the level they are supposed to be on they do not play down. Academic and youth sports are entirely different. You as a parent have that option if you think otherwise you are in denial. You say your organization doesn't allow it then change organizations, the coach and organization are not at fault you are for allowing your child to continue playing for them. There not forcing you to stay there. Total BS...

And are his kids playing in age based leagues or grade based? Don't act like he's doing something special if he's just following the rules, just like don't accuse somebody of cheating if they're just following the rules. You have the choice to play on age based teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take this vitriol to the doorsteps where it belongs. Ryan McClernan. Cabell Maddox. Trig. The other Blackwolf guy and the VLC dad/coach lunatics.

VLC has two parents of HS VLC players who coach. One of them founded the club. They're good people. They'd also be a good audience for this age based stuff. Neither of their boys needed to reclassify as a crutch and they are both excellent players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has gotten way out of hand. Of course my son would be only average (if that) on an age based team. He also wrestles (age and weight based) and plays rugby (age based). The club he is with won't play kids up. They slot kids by grade. I could drag him around to find a club that will play him up a grade, but what is the point in that? I'm not going to drive 45 minutes each way to find that kind of fulfillment. I also think the reasoning in his case is flawed. He's not an early recruit. He isn't robbing anyone of their precious looks. He's having fun playing some lacrosse and will play HS lacrosse and that will be it.

What makes lacrosse a horrible sport are the club owners and then the parents are close behind. I didn't make these leagues and events grade based. I have no special responsibility to run around to find a club that will play him differently, and that assumes I could. I'm not sure we could just hop over to another club and be embraced because he's not a standout. I get it that some parents have a notion their kid's experience is being tainted and I completely agree that kids repeating 8th grade in droves is cancerous to the sport. I'm not cheating and my kid isn't a cheater because he was bedridden for a year when he was very young. As much as I'd like to smash the cat calling retards who direct comments his way, it's better to just ignore them. Again, not getting it why the tough guys don't have the moxie to take it to the club owners who run the events and the leagues. Standing up ad being tough would be directing this to them, and THAT would be well deserved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm talking about travel lacrosse not a league. There are multiple clubs everywhere that travel and play up and down the coast. No need to make excuses that he can't play for another organization. I have yet to see a county or state with just one travel team in it and them telling you you can't play where your supposed to and forcing you to play down. Come on..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has gotten way out of hand. Of course my son would be only average (if that) on an age based team. He also wrestles (age and weight based) and plays rugby (age based). The club he is with won't play kids up. They slot kids by grade. I could drag him around to find a club that will play him up a grade, but what is the point in that? I'm not going to drive 45 minutes each way to find that kind of fulfillment. I also think the reasoning in his case is flawed. He's not an early recruit. He isn't robbing anyone of their precious looks. He's having fun playing some lacrosse and will play HS lacrosse and that will be it.

What makes lacrosse a horrible sport are the club owners and then the parents are close behind. I didn't make these leagues and events grade based. I have no special responsibility to run around to find a club that will play him differently, and that assumes I could. I'm not sure we could just hop over to another club and be embraced because he's not a standout. I get it that some parents have a notion their kid's experience is being tainted and I completely agree that kids repeating 8th grade in droves is cancerous to the sport. I'm not cheating and my kid isn't a cheater because he was bedridden for a year when he was very young. As much as I'd like to smash the cat calling retards who direct comments his way, it's better to just ignore them. Again, not getting it why the tough guys don't have the moxie to take it to the club owners who run the events and the leagues. Standing up ad being tough would be directing this to them, and THAT would be well deserved.

Excuses are just like [lacrosse]holes, everybody has one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DeMatha over Severn in the 3D Annapolis league championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calverton won the JV division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Calverton?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Calverton?

The high school in southern md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about that league or any of those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are full of it...No one would care if you played up except you and supposedly your club. You because he might not even make team according to you since he is average at age...And the club for same reason plus its wants holdbacks. It is nice that only your child and a few select kids get to enjoy this advantage in YOUTH sports... Do you understand that..only YOU and SELECT kids get to enjoy this advantage in YOUTH sports...That is completely against all that youth sports and lacrosse should represent to our community. And once again no one cares that you held you kid back for whatever reason. We are talking about getting an advantage in youth sports

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody cares about that league or any of those teams.

The 3D Annapolis League? You are really out of touch if you don't think that league is a good gauge of how well the teams will do in the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC has two parents of HS VLC players who coach. One of them founded the club. They're good people. They'd also be a good audience for this age based stuff. Neither of their boys needed to reclassify as a crutch and they are both excellent players.

True. But when someone says "dad/coach" it implies that a club has a dad who coaches his kid (which is a bad situation). Neither of those guys coach their son at VLC. Big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. But when someone says "dad/coach" it implies that a club has a dad who coaches his kid (which is a bad situation). Neither of those guys coach their son at VLC. Big difference.

I see this post has VLC guys. Can you please give me a update on the VLC teams in the 2019 and 2020 age groups. I know the 2019 team has won some but has played down in A level a lot. Has this team had any turn over of kids going into this summer season? What level does the 2020 team plan to play at this spring in summer. AA or A? And has this team had any turn over of talent? I have two sons who play for another club and we are thinking of moving clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are comparable....high A, low AA. Lots of turnover on the 2020 team from last year....not so much on 2019. Fall was a little rough for 2020, but they played really good teams and blew out the Roughriders who had beaten them consistently last year. 2020 offense is out of sync and needs time to gel as you would expect with mostly new players. Hard to get too much going yet with so few practices and so many players (24?), but Langley is helping coach and he is excellent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both are comparable....high A, low AA. Lots of turnover on the 2020 team from last year....not so much on 2019. Fall was a little rough for 2020, but they played really good teams and blew out the Roughriders who had beaten them consistently last year. 2020 offense is out of sync and needs time to gel as you would expect with mostly new players. Hard to get too much going yet with so few practices and so many players (24?), but Langley is helping coach and he is excellent.

Roughriders 2020 lost 5 strong players to other clubs and they are not as strong as last year. This was easily seen in a few tournament games last fall. I would guess they are a strong A team this year, not an AA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they seemed like a different team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info. So the 2020 team has lots of new players and they are still at 24. I know they carried a lot last year. Where did they new players come from and where did the old ones go. Also by reading your post there does not seem to be any open spots on either team 2020 or 2019? This is a hard age to change clubs. I think I will have to ride it out with my club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt 2020 will pick up anyone but they do need another goalie (just 1). 2019 has fewer so they might. Either could lose a few this spring....I'm sure that happens every year. I agree...tough to swap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A couple of the new 2020 VLC players came from Next Level 2020. They would have been on the 'B' team and didn't want to make the trip out from VA for that

Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard