BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 70 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hello??!! Bandits mom here whose son left the team. Our departure has apparently triggered days and days of hideous exchanges on this site. WE have nothing to say other than WE made a decision which was in the best interest of our son. Why is it that all of YOU have so much to say, speculate and accuse?? Now you are insulting 11 year olds? YOU are all a bunch of pathetic trouble makers! Enough! Find something else to talk about and leave my son out of it! -LC

Wait.. where was there a kid called out?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Hello??!! Bandits mom here whose son left the team. Our departure has apparently triggered days and days of hideous exchanges on this site. WE have nothing to say other than WE made a decision which was in the best interest of our son. Why is it that all of YOU have so much to say, speculate and accuse?? Now you are insulting 11 year olds? YOU are all a bunch of pathetic trouble makers! Enough! Find something else to talk about and leave my son out of it! -LC

No, just a typical overreaction to truth.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

So, no child was identified except that the mom did... kind of? I read back and only saw people talking about parents. Please let me know if I missed something. I do not allow identifying kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know if two bandit mom's of players on the team exchanged punches/threats after a game because I did not see it (though both funny and pathetic) but I will tell you what I did see with this team which will forever put me in the opinion that they are LOW CLASS. This fall, I watched the bandits play express at a tournament although it was actually the express B team I found out. Apparently there was a player on the express team who was an original member of the bandits. During the game, 2 players on the bandits jumped the express player and started punching this boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, no child was identified except that the mom did... kind of? I read back and only saw people talking about parents. Please let me know if I missed something. I do not allow identifying kids.

No one even mentioned a position. Some parents are just crazy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Sheese.. so no one called out her kid so she decided to try to do it herself?? Crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sheese.. so no one called out her kid so she decided to try to do it herself?? Crazy!

And ou wonder why people talk about Bandit parents...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know if two bandit mom's of players on the team exchanged punches/threats after a game because I did not see it (though both funny and pathetic) but I will tell you what I did see with this team which will forever put me in the opinion that they are LOW CLASS. This fall, I watched the bandits play express at a tournament although it was actually the express B team I found out. Apparently there was a player on the express team who was an original member of the bandits. During the game, 2 players on the bandits jumped the express player and started punching this boy.

I heard that they actually had two grown men disguised as players do it, they had wrenches and crowbars hidden in their gear. The refs were paid off to look the other way too! Some people said it was two MMA guys. Others said it was one guy that looked like Sasquatch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard it was MD double hold backs with full beards brought up to act as hit men and punish the non believers, those who can't do home repairs or skimped on the baby registry. Santa Claus told me so it all must be true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just Way to much drama going on with this team and others at the higher caliber.. You have to weigh it all out, be considered top caliber by association only ! and be treated like a 2nd class citizen , or be part of a team that is good , competitive , coached well and everyone gets along . There are plenty of teams out there that fit into this category. The percentile of your kid getting a D1 scholarship in 5th or 6th or even 7th grade is far fetched , and as the years accumulate many top 5th and 6th graders with high stick skill will plain out and others that didn't make the cut at that age will surpass them with flying colors . Even JS knows that , he takes an athlete and makes them into a lacrosse machine , doesn't matter at what age ! .. he surrounds his kids with above average athletes at the moment and will reevaluate as your kid loses steam for the next one , it is a known fact that all kids develop athletically at their own pace . Get with it people and knock off the cut throat !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will there be a tournament where all these teams will be at ? I know the Bandits play up often. Do they in the summer as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like momma boyz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smartest move you have ever made! Kid is lights out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most on point statement on here .
JS sorrounds all his kids with athletes for the "moment" , when that athlete loses steam as he gets older regardless if he may have been better then his own at one time, a replacment is right behind him to keep his kids game on a steady incline. If you people don't see the pattern by now ,you really are fattally succummed by the lacrosse virus that your kid is set, and all is good . You have to be cautious and never let your guard down when playing for a team like this. The pressure and drama that comes with it at this young age and not to mention the excessive co$t is so not worth any attachment with the BS .if your kid was once a part of this roster then he should be able to play anywhere with this type of experience. Consider that short lived dream a part of a resume.

quote=Anonymous]Just Way to much drama going on with this team and others at the higher caliber.. You have to weigh it all out, be considered top caliber by association only ! and be treated like a 2nd class citizen , or be part of a team that is good , competitive , coached well and everyone gets along . There are plenty of teams out there that fit into this category. The percentile of your kid getting a D1 scholarship in 5th or 6th or even 7th grade is far fetched , and as the years accumulate many top 5th and 6th graders with high stick skill will plain out and others that didn't make the cut at that age will surpass them with flying colors . Even JS knows that , he takes an athlete and makes them into a lacrosse machine , doesn't matter at what age ! .. he surrounds his kids with above average athletes at the moment and will reevaluate as your kid loses steam for the next one , it is a known fact that all kids develop athletically at their own pace . Get with it people and knock off the cut throat !

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like momma boyz

... crickets ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This mom sounds like a real piece of work. Wonder why the kid struggled. What kind of pressure did that parent put on their boy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is clearly the cream of the crop in this age and the dedication to be on a team like that is not for everybody. The decision for a parent to take their child to a better situation for their child is their perrogative. To be honest here the fact that two Hills players left to play for a Hills coach should not be ignored. Bandits are by FAR the best in this age and therefore there is a drop off. I would like to see my sons team spend more energy on improving the team THEY chose than trying to skim off the Bandits lesser players. It is sad these men chose our boys and are now scrambling around to bring different boys into practice. Does that show committment to players? Not much different than what they are saying about the Bandits, difference is Bandits are top dog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team is clearly the cream of the crop in this age and the dedication to be on a team like that is not for everybody. The decision for a parent to take their child to a better situation for their child is their perrogative. To be honest here the fact that two Hills players left to play for a Hills coach should not be ignored. Bandits are by FAR the best in this age and therefore there is a drop off. I would like to see my sons team spend more energy on improving the team THEY chose than trying to skim off the Bandits lesser players. It is sad these men chose our boys and are now scrambling around to bring different boys into practice. Does that show committment to players? Not much different than what they are saying about the Bandits, difference is Bandits are top dog.

Welcome to travel lacrosse! It amazes me when people think their kids are locked into a team because they've been on it for a season or two or three. Every coach want to get the best players on his team. Every one. That's what travel lax is! That's what we pay for! I want my kid playing with the best possible kids (that practice within 20 minutes from my house, lol!). If a coach grabs another player that plays your kids position, he's better than your kid. We as parents will make up excuses why this happened, but when we take the blinders off we'll see that it's the truth. Travel lax is about competition, which coincidently, permeates all facets of life. If your son gets bumped, use it as a teachable moment. Let him know the importance of hard work and making/chasing goals. But don't make excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids like it too and that is really all that matters. Nice parents and great coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids like it too and that is really all that matters. Nice parents and great coaches.

Are you talking about the team that three kids quit or at least the parents hated it so much that they pulled their kids off?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make sure now you answer your own post. How sad. Guy posts then answers himself. Wonder why Jr struggles

Management

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the best town tourneys being run this Spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. Your own. Save the fees and invite what you think are the three other best towns at the age group and play a round robin. Times will be convenient to you and the competition will be to your liking. Just pay the refs and get some pizza's for after! Some of the tournaments charging 850-1250 per team are criminal. Stop the madness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes. Your own. Save the fees and invite what you think are the three other best towns at the age group and play a round robin. Times will be convenient to you and the competition will be to your liking. Just pay the refs and get some pizza's for after! Some of the tournaments charging 850-1250 per team are criminal. Stop the madness.

this is the best scenario where you go out and do a round robin of 4 teams. There are a few town games that pop up. Blatant has one, Syosset has one, proplayer used to do a town day, I think there is another one in the Northport/Huntington area that was good. Garden City used to invite towns to play.

but be careful the summer games coincide with travel and it is hard when you make the kids choose between town and travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saturdays during the PAL season. CSH will be doing this a number of times this year in 4-6 grades. GC does it for the 6th grade as regularly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saturdays during the PAL season. CSH will be doing this a number of times this year in 4-6 grades. GC does it for the 6th grade as regularly.

Does CSH have an A and B team in this grade level?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at St Anthony's for an event inside on the thrf and ran into MC. He was talking to one of the parents from one of the teams and I could not help but overheat the conversation. That guy has to be the most arrogant AH on the face of the earth. Parents have to be crazy to play for Express and deal with his crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a great guy what a dumb thing to say. You kid prob got cut from express

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mike !!! Lol

Sorry; but it's true. That squealy voice on his cuts right through your bones.

And my kid plays for 91. No BS with those owners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mike !!! Lol

You're not a 91 parent. There is total bull **** over there as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Mike !!! Lol

Agree. The guy isn't the most well liked person in the Lacrosse circle. I've heard the college coaches cringe when he's walking around a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His phony smile and annoYing laugh is a tell tale sign to stay away. They have everyone bamboozled you need to play for Express . Top 91 kids are going to overwhelm express at St Anthonys , when it's all about winning many of those 91 kids will be the ones getting it done, that's bad bizz for MC and his crew , and more so for the parents who pay hugely for minumal attention at express.

quote=Anonymous]He's a great guy what a dumb thing to say. You kid prob got cut from express [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His phony smile and annoYing laugh is a tell tale sign to stay away. They have everyone bamboozled you need to play for Express . Top 91 kids are going to overwhelm express at St Anthonys , when it's all about winning many of those 91 kids will be the ones getting it done, that's bad bizz for MC and his crew , and more so for the parents who pay hugely for minumal attention at express.

Sad but very true. He's a very dishonest person. People do not like him; they just tolerate him. His credibility in the Lacrosse community has weakened to the point where he has no pull. He keeps Express afloat as a money grabbed because it's his only means of income. Sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sad but very true. He's a very dishonest person. People do not like him; they just tolerate him. His credibility in the Lacrosse community has weakened to the point where he has no pull. He keeps Express afloat as a money grabbed because it's his only means of income. Sad.

Dynamic Sports 91 can't even run an organization. Look at all the recent team cancellations. Hurricanes, Stampede, Fighting Ducks, etc..., total joke of the club scene.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

No, Ducks are definitely not done. Neither is Stampede. Not sure of the status of Hurricanes, but I don't think that had much to do with being acquired by Dynamic. They still ran everything the same as they did prior.

Does the poster know that the other person was talking about Express and not 91? Weird to quote a post about one club and reference another entirely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

No, Ducks are definitely not done. Neither is Stampede. Not sure of the status of Hurricanes, but I don't think that had much to do with being acquired by Dynamic. They still ran everything the same as they did prior.

Does the poster know that the other person was talking about Express and not 91? Weird to quote a post about one club and reference another entirely.

You are right, Hurricanes folded. Victim of too many organizations/choices and not enough really good kids in the area. May happen to the Ducks as well, but why would you blame Dynamic. They do the same billing and website for anyone who asks and get a cut. They win no matter what the product, they have no direct obligation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

You're not sure of anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

Actually, I just didn't want to talk trash about Hurricanes. I'm sure of everything. You are obviously upset with 91/Dynamic. Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ducks are done?

Actually, I just didn't want to talk trash about Hurricanes. I'm sure of everything. You are obviously upset with 91/Dynamic. Let it go.

Maybe 91 is the next team to fold.

Page 34 of 70 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard