BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 75 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Adelphi would beat a team like BC or Gtown I feel.

Lololol not a chance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
va 12 Adlephi 7
Adelphi would win 1 or 2 out of 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen.

BC gave UNC a game. Scored 12 goals against MD.

Georgetown beat UConn, lost to Hopkins in OT, scored 8 vs Towson in a loss. Plays a tough schedule.

VA Tech has two losses in OT. Beat Duke (#22) and BC(#17). Losses to Louisville (#21) JMU (#18) and Elon (#19) and UNC.

Not to diminish the talent on Adelphi but they are not in the same league as teams mentioned. Start w/ Manhattan, Quinnipiac, Sacred Heart and Iona and you may have a discussion...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Moyne came to D2 from D1 in 2010 and has been a powerhouse ever since. They have consistently been in the top 4 and have made the NCAAs every year. In 2009 at the D1 level Le Moyne was 5-12 and lax power had them 65th in the country and that was when D1 had under 100 teams. Adelphi is a great D2 program, however at best somewhere in the 30s at the D1 level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Le Moyne came to D2 from D1 in 2010 and has been a powerhouse ever since. They have consistently been in the top 4 and have made the NCAAs every year. In 2009 at the D1 level Le Moyne was 5-12 and lax power had them 65th in the country and that was when D1 had under 100 teams. Adelphi is a great D2 program, however at best somewhere in the 30s at the D1 level.

I agree they are probably around #40 after that the lacrosse play is quite average

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree they are probably around #40 after that the lacrosse play is quite average

About right. I would say the top 5 D2 schools would land right in the midway point of D1, that's the 40-50 range. Maybe on a good day compete with a D1 team hovering near the top 20. And yes they would smoke many of the bottom teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will BC end Duke's season this weekend??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes season ended 5 weeks ago

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

About right. I would say the top 5 D2 schools would land right in the midway point of D1, that's the 40-50 range. Maybe on a good day compete with a D1 team hovering near the top 20. And yes they would smoke many of the bottom teams.

My daughter plays on a D1 team that hovers around #100. They have a great time, get to travel, get cool equipment, all the girls got some athletic money (so my daughter will always be able to say she was a D1 scholarship player) but honestly her old club team could have probably beat her college team. She plays a lot but sometimes I cringe watching just like i did when I watched her play in HS but she is having a blast. Enjoy the ride everyone. PS she got to take the major she wanted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

what's with Notre Dame winning by 20 goals?? trying to redefine low class no sportsmanship??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

what's with Notre Dame winning by 20 goals?? trying to redefine low class no sportsmanship??

or a team following the lead of their stat-padding YJ?? total joke. low brow born and bred.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

20? That's nothing. Monroe CC beat the crap outta North Country CC 36-0 a week ago, so I think the coach/admin at Monroe have set the lowest of low standards for no sportsmanship. Can't get lower than them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny mighty ND promoting record performance in non conference game against a young poor lacrosse opponent. Why ND would schedule many ofmtheir non conference games is puzzling. Liberty, Kennesaw st.etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you may be way off here, I have watched Adelphi and CW Post play a few years ago and some years those teams had quite a few girls who were "division 1" Players.(Please you have to get over this D1 there are sooo many girls playing now and in the past playing D2 AND D3 that are better players then girls on D1 teams. As far as being a top 20 team maybe not every year but a few of those teams had the a good chance.
You should go and watch these teams play each other usually a good game. By the way go watch a top 10 team play a lower ranked team 20 thru 40 and let me know how good the game was!

Enjoy the games
But get over the D1 players, teams are that much better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

20? That's nothing. Monroe CC beat the crap outta North Country CC 36-0 a week ago, so I think the coach/admin at Monroe have set the lowest of low standards for no sportsmanship. Can't get lower than them.

We know (from you)! We don't care. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

And that's part of the problem. You statement that "We don't care" says a lot about you. Why do you care if ND beats Kennesaw St by 20 but you don't care if some other school wins by 36-0?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Spalina took all his Adelphi girls to Stony Brook they jumped into the top 20 almost over night. Those Adelphi ladies were D1 players playing D2.

Check the D1 egos unless your kid plays on a top 25 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh?

And that's part of the problem. You statement that "We don't care" says a lot about you. Why do you care if ND beats Kennesaw St by 20 but you don't care if some other school wins by 36-0?

Not the same poster genius - don't care about either of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you may be way off here, I have watched Adelphi and CW Post play a few years ago and some years those teams had quite a few girls who were "division 1" Players.(Please you have to get over this D1 there are sooo many girls playing now and in the past playing D2 AND D3 that are better players then girls on D1 teams. As far as being a top 20 team maybe not every year but a few of those teams had the a good chance.
You should go and watch these teams play each other usually a good game. By the way go watch a top 10 team play a lower ranked team 20 thru 40 and let me know how good the game was!

Enjoy the games
But get over the D1 players, teams are that much better!

These D2 schools do have players who could play and standout at the D1 level. It's the players who are true D2 talent that keep the teams where they are. The best D1 teams have mostly superstars and it's why they are great and remain great year in and year out. They roster players who could play four years at good schools but are willing to ride the bench for 2-3 years just to have an opportunity to play for one year at these great schools.

It's not a shot at Adelphi or Post. They could beat many D1 schools, no doubt. Just as some D3 schools could.... They just can't compete with the top 30-40 in D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are MANY athletes that choose D2 because it's competitive, the money offered is good and most of all they want to PLAY! Great example to the poster who pointed out Spallina took his "D2" players and created the Stony Brook D1 force with them, anyone can go to Niagra or Arizona and say they're D1 but in the end they have the same majors as local (tristate) area D2 schools. Bonus is you can still "go away" in tristate and family and friends get to see you, plus the intern opportunities are better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only ones that care about D1, D2 and or D3 are the parents of the players. Look at the sidelines at most college games. It's a ghost town and for the most part, it's mostly player's parents at the games. Big picture.....nobody other than parents care what division your daughter will play. In many chases, do your daughter a huge favor and get off the D1 or bust mentality. Many options to choose from if you let go of that D1 dream you have for your student athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only ones that care about D1, D2 and or D3 are the parents of the players. Look at the sidelines at most college games. It's a ghost town and for the most part, it's mostly player's parents at the games. Big picture.....nobody other than parents care what division your daughter will play. In many chases, do your daughter a huge favor and get off the D1 or bust mentality. Many options to choose from if you let go of that D1 dream you have for your student athlete.

This statement makes the most sense on this entire forum. Parents are the only consistent fans at many of these games D 1,2 & 3 then you get your friends or other sport teams watch maybe a half then go about their business. I understand the power teams playing the weaker teams and beating them by 15-20 goals the parents don't even last at those games because it's boring enough with all the whistles & when it's not competitive it's horrible to watch. Choose the school that best fits the kids personality, ability to be competitive in the classroom as well as on the field and just enjoy the experience because it is not always roses for everyone involved. Win or lose have a few laughs, enjoy spending time with your kid and be supportive of everyone including the officials!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement makes the most sense on this entire forum. Parents are the only consistent fans at many of these games D 1,2 & 3 then you get your friends or other sport teams watch maybe a half then go about their business. I understand the power teams playing the weaker teams and beating them by 15-20 goals the parents don't even last at those games because it's boring enough with all the whistles & when it's not competitive it's horrible to watch. Choose the school that best fits the kids personality, ability to be competitive in the classroom as well as on the field and just enjoy the experience because it is not always roses for everyone involved. Win or lose have a few laughs, enjoy spending time with your kid and be supportive of everyone including the officials!

I think the girls care...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny mighty ND promoting record performance in non conference game against a young poor lacrosse opponent. Why ND would schedule many ofmtheir non conference games is puzzling. Liberty, Kennesaw st.etc

Stat padding!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes and some can't wait for the season to be concluded so they have a chance to act like an actual college student and not have to go lift 3 times a week at 6 am then pràctice at 3 then watch film then go to study hall then get up at 4 to board a plane then play then get back on a plàne get home at 1 then go party until 4 then sleep until 4 then do the same routine again for the season. It's a grind for the kids all for some washed up 70s lacrosse dad's to go watch their kids play and if there from LI make. Asses of themselves by screaming at everyone involved. So be prepared 😨

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sometimes and some can't wait for the season to be concluded so they have a chance to act like an actual college student and not have to go lift 3 times a week at 6 am then pràctice at 3 then watch film then go to study hall then get up at 4 to board a plane then play then get back on a plàne get home at 1 then go party until 4 then sleep until 4 then do the same routine again for the season. It's a grind for the kids all for some washed up 70s lacrosse dad's to go watch their kids play and if there from LI make. Asses of themselves by screaming at everyone involved. So be prepared 😨

You are right, only the truly great ones care. Most play for the same reason they played when they were 5 because mom and dad are still pushing. That's not always a bad thing but it is the truth. If you polled D1 players and said do you really love it I think you would be really surprised by the results. Most girls like their teammates and hanging with them but would probably be just as happy having other friends and enjoying the full college experience. Most of these girls working 50 hours or more to play mediocre lacrosse is a joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, the bully (Monroe CC) got punched in the face, shook it off and beat Onondaga CC today 15-6. Halftime was 4-2 but MCC came out hot in the 2nd got a comfortable lead and maintained it. Now The Bully will host Frederick CC, from Maryland, then head down to MD for a rough roadtrip...Anne Arundel CC (highest scoring team in the NJCAA) and undefeated Howard CC. Their winning streak may come to an end during that gauntlet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting to me that you all feel that playing D1 women's lax is such a burden . I say this because my oldest is a sophomore at a top 10 D1 lax program and does not indicate it being overwhelming . I have never pushed her to play ( have always pushed her to well in all she does ) and have always said grades come first and if lax becomes too much just quit. They do miss classes for travel but the time spent practicing , running , lifting in season is not much greater than in high school if at all.
Definitely some social sacrifices made if your kid is a big party / drinking kid but they do have some fun .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's interesting to me that you all feel that playing D1 women's lax is such a burden . I say this because my oldest is a sophomore at a top 10 D1 lax program and does not indicate it being overwhelming . I have never pushed her to play ( have always pushed her to well in all she does ) and have always said grades come first and if lax becomes too much just quit. They do miss classes for travel but the time spent practicing , running , lifting in season is not much greater than in high school if at all.
Definitely some social sacrifices made if your kid is a big party / drinking kid but they do have some fun .

Well said, I'm thinking its just a few people posting over and over...they would rather have their kids get 14 hours of sleep and get plenty of time to hang at starbucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree very well said !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crow is best served cold.... where are all the watch out for BC people on this site, the anti-Duke crew? Good for Duke, high integrity coach and program gets a much needed win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crow is best served cold.... where are all the watch out for BC people on this site, the anti-Duke crew? Good for Duke, high integrity coach and program gets a much needed win.

Too little, too late?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice win, but the season is still over and has been for quite some time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi integrity is laughable . So against early recruiting and will not do I except she does .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 top 20 wins, still have a shot at tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They beat Northwestern next week and they make the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi integrity is laughable . So against early recruiting and will not do I except she does .

?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 top 20 wins, still have a shot at tourney.

From 15 to 25 is anyone's guess as to who makes tourney...NW, Stanford, Hopkins, VA Tech, BC, Louisville, Duke, JMU, Elon,... Who beat who? Common opponent, Conference tournaments...Will be an interesting 3 weeks in D1 Women's Lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hofstra humiliated by Delaware, poor girls. Hopefully the University will realize they need new leadership! She can scream all she wants and try to blame it on team but her go to goal plan has embarrassed them for 5 years, come on administration-your school is begging you to for change!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry your daughter got yelled at during the game. Maybe now she'll work on her careless turnovers.

Page 51 of 75 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard