BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse - April Camp
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not even close to true ...yj division had the bracket bye ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true yj skak division got playoff bye against yj division ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2021blue played down a division from yj skak ...got fat on weak teams ...made playoffs and got smoked by yj ...big difference from last year.

Get your facts straight. YJ Skak played in a lower division - they played 3 combined 21/22 teams in their pool games. Go back to your YJ site and keep your drama over there. We are very happy with our teams.

Although the tenor of the original post is not called for, the finals result was not as competitive as the last meeting between the teams. Some of the other posters (select quote when you respond so folks can follow your comments) reference a bye and weaker division for YJ. Is your contention that Elevate was tired and YJ well rested and that contributed to the play on the field? Hopefully not, just take the result and move forward. Full game between the two coming-up this weekend. Best of luck to Elevate, hope to get back to tough competition as it was fun to watch last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why Elevate didn't compete this past weekend? All the top Maryland teams were there providing great competition. Many Colleges in attendance as well.

Team Elevate attended the IWLCA New England Cup at UMASS with the recruitable age girls and the younger teams went to Lax by the Sea in New Jersey.

What kind of teams did the Elevate 2017s and 2018s play up in MA this weekend? Were any decent teams there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why Elevate didn't compete this past weekend? All the top Maryland teams were there providing great competition. Many Colleges in attendance as well.

Team Elevate attended the IWLCA New England Cup at UMASS with the recruitable age girls and the younger teams went to Lax by the Sea in New Jersey.

What kind of teams did the Elevate 2017s and 2018s play up in MA this weekend? Were any decent teams there?

Girls lacrosse teams!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly the teams were weak. I think the 2018s lost 1 game and the 16/17s won most of theirs. Best team was lady roc 2017 - competition fell off quickly from there and lady roc 2018 is not very good. As a parent traveling to these tournaments I would rather lose close games than win all of the games by a wide margin. Hopefully better competition coming up for the rest of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly the teams were weak. I think the 2018s lost 1 game and the 16/17s won most of theirs. Best team was lady roc 2017 - competition fell off quickly from there and lady roc 2018 is not very good. As a parent traveling to these tournaments I would rather lose close games than win all of the games by a wide margin. Hopefully better competition coming up for the rest of the summer.

Weird that you would say that given you tied the Ct Grizzlies, lost to Lady Roc and did not overwhelm Mass Elite, a team that likely had a down game against you given that they beat the Ct Grizzlies team you tied.

I agree that the competition dropped off from the top 4 or so clubs there. So the main issue in some ages was the pooling. If the top teams from Lady Roc, Mass Elite, Elevate and say CT Grizzlies were all pooled together in their respective age groups, I think each game would have been competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the bait. This is not an Elevate parent. It is someone form another club looking to stir up drama. The New England Cup was an IWLCA event and their were over 120 coaches there. At the recruitable ages, it is not about competition, it is about being seen and the TE girls were seen by plenty of coaches. That's what it is all about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't take the bait. This is not an Elevate parent. It is someone form another club looking to stir up drama. The New England Cup was an IWLCA event and their were over 120 coaches there. At the recruitable ages, it is not about competition, it is about being seen and the TE girls were seen by plenty of coaches. That's what it is all about.

News Flash - girls other than YJ's play in college. Many ways to play at the next level even if you don't play club! Small D3's hold rally's at their schools recruiting the student body to join. Don't believe the hype, there is a place for everyone (well maybe not at Northwestern)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along.

Absolutely not true. He is directly involved in all the teams and he and his staff helps all the kids. Why don;t you speak to the families who have all had one-on-one recruiting meetings - no matter what the team - or the kids who went on the bus tours - no matter what the team.

Sorry but your sour grapes are just that sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left elevate? Or your daughter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And that is the reason I left Elevate. He is only interested in his top team at each level and his daughters in particular. While I do believe he has a true love of lacrosse and loves teaching the kids, the bottom line is the lower level teams are just practice for his top team and he needs to make sure those kids get recruited or his club will not move along."

ALL the club teams focus on their TOP teams … not their lower teams. If the TOP teams do well, the clubs look better. If the second and lower teams also do well, its gravy and makes the clubs look that much deeper. Its no offense to the second team kid on any team, its just that its not impressive to say your second team won their B bracket. Competing at the TOP is what makes the club attractive to parents who are looking for a team for their daughter and coaches who might be looking at a team for a prospective student athlete.

You want the TOP teams competing at the TOP level… and winning. That is the sign that the team is a contender.

The fact that Elevate provides all the extras to all their players, no matter if they are on the 1st, second or 3rd team, is not typical. Take advantage of it and accept that your daughter needs to work on her skills a bit more to make that top team if that is where she wants to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious. What advantage do the top teams get that the 2nd and 3rd teams do not?

Better coaches?
More practices?
More tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES
YES
YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious. What advantage do the top teams get that the 2nd and 3rd teams do not?

Better coaches?
More practices?
More tournaments?

Coaches are split amongst the teams. Top coaches throughout. Some Red teams have current HS or former HS coaches and the blue teams do not.

Same practices

Same amount of tournaments for all teams. Pretty much the same tournaments. Some tournaments only take top two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. ALL Elevate teams practice Tuesdays and Thursdays. That is a given.
2. There are some unbelievable coaches on the red teams, which are the "B" level. My daughter's coaches on 2021 red are AMAZING. One is a former college coach and another is a current college player.
3. Everyone goes to the same amount of tournaments. A lot of my daughters friends are on Blue and they are also going to 4, just like us.

I hate when people try to stir the pot!!! If you are unhappy go talk to DK or leave and be even more miserable at a different program. No one does more for the kids than Elevate does. My friend's daughter is on 2018 Red and she has gotten a one on one recruiting meeting with VK, access to all of TE's recruiting websites and databases, phone calls with coaches, and even has a visit planned...all which Dave set up!!!! He is more than happy to help anyone who asks for it - you just have to reach out!

Can't wait for a great weekend up in NJ. Win or lose, my daughter has never been happier and learns more and more each day - about lax AND life...isn't that what it is all about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the tuition at TE? You said they are attending four tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Team Elevate do this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Business as usual.

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they got handled

Like Reply Quote
Re: Team Elevate Girls Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Middle of the pack 2020. 2019 playing today

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anything new going on? Let us know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', nutin like a god DK bashing....lets go all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what they say, no publicity is bad publicity...and better that people talk about you than ignore you.

I would say both apply here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why do people just love to hate on this guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know he gets destroyed on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure a lot of jealousy but it has to make one wonder why someone draws so much vitriol and dislike...smoke/fire thing possibly??... all those folks cant be blowhards with a gripe...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', nutin like a god DK bashing....lets go all!

I like Dave but would not call him a God, just another lax guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kids play with another club but whenever I ask a player about playing for DK , the answer is positive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
meant to say "GOOD DK bashing"...not god...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be a different dk nothing positive about elevate coach k

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It must be a different dk nothing positive about elevate coach k

I completely agree. And jealous of Dave? That's so ridiculous it's funny. Jealous of what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure a lot of jealousy but it has to make one wonder why someone draws so much vitriol and dislike...smoke/fire thing possibly??... all those folks cant be blowhards with a gripe...

Just curious when you say may be a lot of jealousy what is there to be jealous off?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing !!! I would not want to be anything like coach Kherson has taught my daughter what NOT to be nothing positive from being on team elevate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
easy there tiger..I am not in the DK camp at all...but there are folks who are jealous that he runs a $500k a year profit biz by standing on sidelines in shorts and wearing TE swag...that would make folks jealous ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually the uniforms are illegal, if the officials decide to make issue of it in a game the opposing team gets a free possession one time at the beginning of the game. From what I saw at tournaments many teams' uniforms are illegal (including YJ), most because of the size of the side inserts.

From US Lacrosse 2016 rulebook: "Uniform trim is permitted on the collar, cuffs and waistband that may be of contrasting
colors, but not more than 1 inch wide. Side inserts (armpit to waistband) may be of
contrasting, multiple colors, but not more than 3 inches wide."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing !!! I would not want to be anything like coach Kherson has taught my daughter what NOT to be nothing positive from being on team elevate

Who is coach Kherson?

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard