BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 77 1 2 75 76 77
Re: High School Lax Boys
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
fl$ is great at '20 if you want to hang with manhasset "lacrosse is our divine right group", GC "is better than everyone else" or CSH "stuck ups"... Good team but you really want to deal with that...
I don't understand what you are implying with this post. Clarify please.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know which Yale coach was at Cantiague yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ is great at '20 if you want to hang with manhasset "lacrosse is our divine right group", GC "is better than everyone else" or CSH "stuck ups"... Good team but you really want to deal with that...

He/she is implying that For the Love of the Green is full of stuck up parents......

Organization is changing with expansion into Suffolk. Their credo was always "one team per grade" which is clearly now out the window.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still only do one team per grade in Nassau, how is this club, any info would be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They still only do one team per grade in Nassau, how is this club, any info would be great.

It is expensive and the 2020 team was made up of most, if not all north shore kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He/she is implying that For the Love of the Green is full of stuck up parents......

Organization is changing with expansion into Suffolk. Their credo was always "one team per grade" which is clearly now out the window.

Of course the LIE, 91, Outlaws and every other club team aren't doing it for the "Green", it's to shape the minds and bodies of young athletes LOL!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one team used to be Nassau/ Suffolk combined. Now it's become two teams per age group on Long Island.

As a parent I would personally steer clear of [****]. They have always been about the teams well being and the progress of their teams. Lately that has begun to change as they are starting to worry more about the product of their tourneys, prospect days, showcases, etc... I would have leaned towards choosing them because the director (originator not current) does sincerely care about each and every player that plays for the program. Unfortunately things change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cromwell to coach Manhasset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great pickup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do parents come on to this forum to criticize accomplishments of children? Fact is that Brine DID have D1, D2 & D3 coaches. Fact is that there were talented kids from Long Island and other states. Fact is that the kids had fun. Isn't this enough? We should be happy when our kids do well and encourage them and support them to do better.

And NO! This is not a parent whose child is a B or C level player. He's very talented player and I would NEVER criticize someone else's child just because they aren't as talented. I would support them and help them to get better. Shame on you!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whaaaaaaa, nice rant. Move along folks, move along. Nothing to see here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't you love these moms who come on here to chide others about their review of something like Brine etc. quality of event, then somehow mange to tell us that little johnny is "very talented player" who would never...oops NEVER criticize another player... ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you love this over critical never played a sport over LL baseball who come on here to be moronic creeps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baxter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, Because when they started it was all about the kids. People get older and become absentee owners. I say owners because they still get paid. They then Hand it over to their sons and all of a sudden it becomes more of a business and all about the money. The product they had 5 years ago is not the same as what they have today. They have reputation that gets many kids but they also make sure the kids get all the latest greatest stuff to wear around. Parents pay for it and you know you can never say no to your kid. Then there is the committed team they parade around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, Because when they started it was all about the kids. People get older and become absentee owners. I say owners because they still get paid. They then Hand it over to their sons and all of a sudden it becomes more of a business and all about the money. The product they had 5 years ago is not the same as what they have today. They have reputation that gets many kids but they also make sure the kids get all the latest greatest stuff to wear around. Parents pay for it and you know you can never say no to your kid. Then there is the committed team they parade around.

What wrong with the Comitted Team? Anything wrong with those kids working hard to improve their game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not working hard to better their game at all. Another money maker. Play 3 tournies 30 kids on team. No practices maybe one just before a tourney. Not much playing time because of numbers and they do not play well as a team.
A lot of talent but you would never know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not working hard to better their game at all. Another money maker. Play 3 tournies 30 kids on team. No practices maybe one just before a tourney. Not much playing time because of numbers and they do not play well as a team.

LOL..... So you know how often the LIE 2017 Committed Team practices? Really? And you know how many kids participate? Your ignorance is amusing. Bottom line is they don't get up early on weekends or meet on weekday nights to get accolades, as there is not very much attention placed on 2017s at this point. College Coaches are looking at 2019s and 2020s... These kids practice to prepare themselves to play lacrosse at the college level.

When little Johnny gets passed over on his college team and a younger kid gets more PT, you can explain to him that he should have practiced more after being committed instead of cruising along and playing x-box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have no clue what your talking about. 2017 LIE Committed team was never 30 kids. the practices had nothing to do with LIE either. The tournies mean NOTHING along with there being NOTHING to learn in those. These kids are all committed along with playing high level events individually. I can assure you, the bulk of these kids work HARD on their game all year long (with or WITHOUT the LIE name).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cromwell to coach Manhasset

Impact on Igloo???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one team used to be Nassau/ Suffolk combined. Now it's become two teams per age group on Long Island.

As a parent I would personally steer clear of [****]. They have always been about the teams well being and the progress of their teams. Lately that has begun to change as they are starting to worry more about the product of their tourneys, prospect days, showcases, etc... I would have leaned towards choosing them because the director (originator not current) does sincerely care about each and every player that plays for the program. Unfortunately things change.

This has been my impression as well from a purely outsiders point of view (which is clearly incomplete). My kid plays elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I look it up they did pretty good in the last tournament they played in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice to see other people see the same thing. We left the program two years ago. It was a different program when things changed. Reputation alone will not help you last! other programs have invaded and are doing the same things with gear, training, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how do you know this was a "mom"? you clearly have a male ego problem.
Good luck to you loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know when the seeding meetings are ? Also what will the new divisions look like ? I've heard many different potential break downs for Suffolk but don't know how it falls out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do parents come on to this forum to criticize accomplishments of children? Fact is that Brine DID have D1, D2 & D3 coaches. Fact is that there were talented kids from Long Island and other states. Fact is that the kids had fun. Isn't this enough? We should be happy when our kids do well and encourage them and support them to do better.

And NO! This is not a parent whose child is a B or C level player. He's very talented player and I would NEVER criticize someone else's child just because they aren't as talented. I would support them and help them to get better. Shame on you!

I think what many are posting and thinking is that Brine is no longer worth the 7 hour drive down during a period when there are far superior (IMO) showcase events being held. Can't critique the "fun" factor. My son thoroughly enjoyed the event the prior two years but we felt our younger guy had to prioritize and the club schedule didn't allow for participation. Its a fantastic area of the country, in fact my older son ranked the local university as his #1 choice after driving through the campus and seeing the facilities.

Page 77 of 77 1 2 75 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard