BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,633
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 44 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 43 44
Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Berry Quiet for a bunch of snowed in Long Islanders

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Berry Quiet for a bunch of snowed in Long Islanders

Hey sorry this Long Islander has not got back to you sooner. At 3:26 pm I was not on the computer, was out sleigh riding with the kids. Umm I mean running line drills with the team. NOT!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black ice really not going all in on WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is black ice really not going all in on WSYL?

That would be a shame, and reinforce the charade that this has become. An embarrassment! I do applaud them for not buying onto the joke this has become!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for the "BLACK ICE"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for "BLAZE" as they smoke "BLACK ICE" legally !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legally under the new rules. Ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the sudden rule change has made this year a mess. Will be better next year (assuming rules don't change again) when the clubs have separate teams from the beginning training for this event. will be mixed 7/8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't get it "blaze" will smoke black ice legally is being refered to weed being legalized in colorado.. lol .. what a dumb [lacrosse] name for a team.
That some funny [lacrosse] stuff..

Legally under the new rules. Ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the sudden rule change has made this year a mess. Will be better next year (assuming rules don't change again) when the clubs have separate teams from the beginning training for this event. will be mixed 7/8

Agreed. This year is like all the revoked gold medals, home run kings, tour de frances, fifa games, that have an asterisk next to the names for the use of illegal substances, fixing games, bribery and gambling.

Getting an asterisk in year two of an event says it all!

2016*
* The year the parent organization changed rules eight weeks prior to the qualifiers due to the lobbying of infamous organizations who feared losing to upstarts and industry marketshare.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. This year is like all the revoked gold medals, home run kings, tour de frances, fifa games, that have an asterisk next to the names for the use of illegal substances, fixing games, bribery and gambling.

Getting an asterisk in year two of an event says it all!

2016*
* The year the parent organization changed rules eight weeks prior to the qualifiers due to the lobbying of infamous organizations who feared losing to upstarts and industry marketshare.

Wah, wah, wah!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the hate? This is a 13U event with the birthday cutoff of 5/1. Most sports with a "good" governing body have age group based on birthdays. Soccer is birth year. But soccer is international where things like the U.S. version of grades may not translate.

If lacrosse wants to grow from its current small foot print, a strong USL, with rules instead of guidelines, is needed. Who knows, a military base in Europe may field a local team in the future with a mix of local kids. Grades may not exactly translate, but he age cutoff does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes! Someone gets it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the hate? This is a 13U event with the birthday cutoff of 5/1. Most sports with a "good" governing body have age group based on birthdays. Soccer is birth year. But soccer is international where things like the U.S. version of grades may not translate.

If lacrosse wants to grow from its current small foot print, a strong USL, with rules instead of guidelines, is needed. Who knows, a military base in Europe may field a local team in the future with a mix of local kids. Grades may not exactly translate, but he age cutoff does.

May 1 cutoff is a joke. No one is serious about curtailing the overage kids, its a matter of business and business is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze won't be smoking Black Ice, because Blaze doesn't have the holdbacks, so they will bring kids who have birthdays of 5/21 to the tournament. So if MS pushed this agenda, he failed, because he will need a new team to compete with the new cutoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blaze won't be smoking Black Ice, because Blaze doesn't have the holdbacks, so they will bring kids who have birthdays of 5/21 to the tournament. So if MS pushed this agenda, he failed, because he will need a new team to compete with the new cutoff.

Am I the only one confused by this post? Please clarify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i think baseball is also a 5/1 cut off

May 1 cutoff is a joke. No one is serious about curtailing the overage kids, its a matter of business and business is good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Am I the only one confused by this post? Please clarify.

No. Makes absolutely no sense. Must be a kid.

But Blaze definitely has holdbacks. That was obvious during tryouts with some of the maturity levels. Perhaps 91 knew something then. The size of some of those guys (not boys) was unreal. But that's life and what the game has turned into.

So for those true 2021s out there...play hard, play up! Thanks for honoring the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that he meant Blaze won't be in the tournament. I heard that they were holding tryouts of all of the 2020 & 2021 kids who were interested in playing in the World Series. Not sure what the status of that is, but it is odd that they would lobby for rules that would force them to put together a whole new team because they don't have many holdbacks. As far as size, my son tried out and was one of the bigger kids, and he is a September 2003 birthday, so not sure how you can say that there was a huge size difference with holdbacks on Blaze.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that he meant Blaze won't be in the tournament. I heard that they were holding tryouts of all of the 2020 & 2021 kids who were interested in playing in the World Series. Not sure what the status of that is, but it is odd that they would lobby for rules that would force them to put together a whole new team because they don't have many holdbacks. As far as size, my son tried out and was one of the bigger kids, and he is a September 2003 birthday, so not sure how you can say that there was a huge size difference with holdbacks on Blaze.

Surprised you didn't observe that, you must have been on a different field rotation. My son is on the taller side of his class with summer 2003 birthday. Definitely not big or mature for his age.

The size difference was more than obvious at tryouts. There was a good half foot advantage on at least 6 very mature guys (twice the leg circumference with hair) who easily could outrun most of the boys. South shore kids, I understood, through conversations on sidelines with parents who knew them. What is the phrase over there? "It is what it is"? Cause it's not the salt air.

Play on! (Hey, if you don't challenge yourself, there won't be growth.)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surprised you didn't observe that, you must have been on a different field rotation. My son is on the taller side of his class with summer 2003 birthday. Definitely not big or mature for his age.

The size difference was more than obvious at tryouts. There was a good half foot advantage on at least 6 very mature guys (twice the leg circumference with hair) who easily could outrun most of the boys. South shore kids, I understood, through conversations on sidelines with parents who knew them. What is the phrase over there? "It is what it is"? Cause it's not the salt air.

Agreed! Maybe because my kid is one of the bigger kids, I don't pick up on that. I did notice there were several who were more mature. I don't want to hold my kid back, because what will he get out of it? A $10k scholarship for a $50k school. Let him play with the kids he will graduate with, and know that he is competing against kids a year older. He will be a better man because of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This World Series thing has already become a complete joke. Leave it up to the influential lacrosse coaches, directors, etc...to screw it up in only 1 year. You know who they are!

They managed to create a controversial event in only the second year of its existence. Total waste of time and money. It has already means nothing!

Agreed! Maybe because my kid is one of the bigger kids, I don't pick up on that. I did notice there were several who were more mature. I don't want to hold my kid back, because what will he get out of it? A $10k scholarship for a $50k school. Let him play with the kids he will graduate with, and know that he is competing against kids a year older. He will be a better man because of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any spring leagues for this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which coming down to play at Homewood Havoc before the Hopkins / Cuse game on Saturday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS GREAT! Watch the landscape change!!

US Lacrosse Adopts New Player Segmentation Policy

US Lacrosse today announced a new player segmentation policy to ensure player safety, competitive fairness and a consistent experience for youth lacrosse. The US Lacrosse Board of Directors approved the policy in January, and it takes effect Sept. 1, 2017 (earlier adoption is encouraged).
Policy highlights include grouping players by single-age years, using Sept. 1 as the determining date for a player's age and as the first day of a 12-month playing calendar, and standardizing nomenclature that lists the age first, i.e., 12U.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with a kid with an late Birthday who plays with his grade now, will the tryouts now push him to play down? My kid is a solid player, but not AA playing with his grade, and I believed that is the way to go, not have him play down to dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke the Shamrock Shootout has turned into. Used to be a good tournament now not so much. Poorly run and the brackets for this age group were a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should see Sundays. They insist on having the Greenwich teams play at 8:30 in the morning. That means the 2/3 rd graders need to be up at 4 am to get there hopefully in time. Last tournament that showed up at 11. Almost guaranteed the bracket will be missing a team or 2 tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please it's a 90 min drive .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the second Outlaws Team (Black) just win while the first team (Select) get knocked out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Outlaws Black went 4-0 and won the tournament while Select went 1-2. Same bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Outlaws Black went 4-0 and won the tournament while Select went 1-2. Same bracket

PB is on the way out. He can't have this happening all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many people bought into outlaws select . From looking at fallball till now it seems that the Black team is far more superior in talent , plays the same teams as select, and comes out always ontop.
Heard from a parent of a select player that a few kids may be jumping ship already .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi please dont take this the wrong way but the outlaws black played 2 very subpar teams. They had the luck of the draw do not panic from what I witnessed the select has more upside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not based off of today but Black has competed against higher level teams in the fall and did very well, and like always everyone has an opinion on how a team pans out, only by observation they look like they have it more together then select , and have a few standout players that may belong on select if you will call it just that "Select" , which means the top players in that age group from that organization should be on that team .

Politics usually destroys those high hopen .

quote=Anonymous] Hi please dont take this the wrong way but the outlaws black played 2 very subpar teams. They had the luck of the draw do not panic from what I witnessed the select has more upside. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I did not mean to offend, just my snap-shot obsevation of 1 day. Playing a more competitive schedule pays dividends not always judged by wins and loses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe some kids on black selected to be on that team !- its a win win situation for outlaws , they have 2 good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the outlaw 2021 kids got cut from other clubs.when they go to a real tournament neither one comes out on top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes very good point so Outlaw parents
relax it is a good problem to have, competition. Look what it has done for 91's 2022 division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The championship win looks great on the website. As long as the parents keep on paying the organization will keep on entering sub par tournaments

Page 30 of 44 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard