BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
WSYL NEW RULES
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What is everyones thoughts on rule changes for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: WSYL NEW RULES
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new rules weather right or wrong, it doesn'tatter, what matters is the WSYL had a set of rules, and now 3 months prior to the event to benefit someone. All the clubs I've talked to have said they are now thinking of backing out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. That is what I have been hearing. Should change the eligibility rules mid way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some should contact ESPN and let them know the kind of tournament that they are involved with. You would think everyone would like to see a competitive tournament. I guess all except JS at Team 91.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TEAM L.O.
What is everyones thoughts on rule changes for WSYL?

What is WSYL

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series of Youth Lacrosse. But what were the rules changes ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some should contact ESPN and let them know the kind of tournament that they are involved with. You would think everyone would like to see a competitive tournament. I guess all except JS at Team 91.

It's funny how everyone on here gripes about holdback and kids playing down etc. doesn't the change now make this a pure age based tourney? All clubs should form a new age based team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny how everyone on here gripes about holdback and kids playing down etc. doesn't the change now make this a pure age based tourney? All clubs should form a new age based team

Many teams have been formed since the fall, rules should go into play next year, give clubs the opportunity to select teams based on requirements. Would be wrong not to include kids already on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the rule change??

What yrs go to WSYL?

I saw it was 2020's last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The integrity of this WSYL has been tarnished by the few who HAVE NO INTEGRITY......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year was supposed to be 2021 but 91 fears the mighty Igloo so they gave a large donation to restructor the rules and now you have a new set of rules 3 months prior to qulifier what are they gonna do next year to alter again to suit themselves. Cause all will be prepared.... This is all about one organization fear of losing .....very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team91 showing itself to be the biggest scumbags around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year it was grade based with an age cut off of May 1. Several teams had to leave the kids who were not age eligible home and that is what should happen when you win only by loading your team with older kids and holdbacks. Last year the rule changed from pure 2020 w a 9/1 cut off to 5/1 to try and accommodate Crabs or at least let them get more of their kids there. They still had to leave a few home but were able to field a team with the date change and adding a few kids from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Highly doubtful that is what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what's happening JS All the way. This is why it is imperative that youth lacrosse goes age based. Now you have people holding tryouts just for one tournamenet, the whole thing is tainted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age date did not move, what's the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's exactly what's happening JS All the way. This is why it is imperative that youth lacrosse goes age based. Now you have people holding tryouts just for one tournamenet, the whole thing is tainted.

They never moved the date, what nonsense are you talking.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
however they did take away the 2021 grade to suit themselves ....$$$$$$ talks ..... I hope most teams bail which i have a feeling is gonna happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age date did not move, what's the problem?

What is the legitimate proof that 91 was behind the discontinuance of the 2021 regulation? Just sounds like a bunch of conjecture from people who have issues with this program. I personally believe it should be 2021 with a cutoff of 9/1/2002.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TEAM L.O.
however they did take away the 2021 grade to suit themselves ....$$$$$$ talks ..... I hope most teams bail which i have a feeling is gonna happen.

The only one this suits is the "2021" team that has disregarded the rules for years. Yes, you know who you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the WSYL was legit they should have any team that is registered for the qualifier be able to vote on the new rule change. All results can be posted on their website with the team name and their response. This way it can be seen how corrupt this has become. I do agree that all teams should boycott this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of two top 2021 teams that are boycotting the event. If everyone who has held there kids back for WHATEVER reason doesn't matter would just play on there appropriate age team this would not be an issue. It's pretty clear cut as to why this sport we all love is being more and more ridiculed for the lack of common sense and oversight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to watch all these people who complain about grade based whine when a tournament goes completely aged based but picks a cutoff date that doesn't suit them. Whenever someone says that 9/1 should be the cutoff all it means is that their son was born in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they have the same cutoff last year. What is the rule change?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny to watch all these people who complain about grade based whine when a tournament goes completely aged based but picks a cutoff date that doesn't suit them. Whenever someone says that 9/1 should be the cutoff all it means is that their son was born in the fall.

You don't think 5/1 is strange? I do. Not representative of any true grad year. Stinks of a hidden agenda!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't think 5/1 is strange? I do. Not representative of any true grad year. Stinks of a hidden agenda!

All cutoff dates are arbitrary. That is why people prefer grade based brackets until people start abusing them. 5/1 is just as good or as bad as any other date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does make sure nobody is 14 before the qualifiers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly where have u ever heard of 5/1 as cut off, that poster must be one of the holdback dads. Sounds like he trying to take a stab at realistic people on behalf of his holdback. Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly where have u ever heard of 5/1 as cut off, that poster must be one of the holdback dads. Sounds like he trying to take a stab at realistic people on behalf of his holdback. Lmao

Sorry my son is not a holdback. Just find it hilarious when all of the age based proponents change their minds when the date isn't favorable to their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the same date as last year only they are not asking for proof of grade. Since 5/1/02-11/30/02 is really a 2020 in NY the 2021 teams with holdbacks just lost there advantage. Its really not that big of a deal except that some teams will be carrying 8th graders. Its really the same as when the holdbacks say its ok he's in the grade. Now you will just hear. It's ok he's the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the same date as last year only they are not asking for proof of grade. Since 5/1/02-11/30/02 is really a 2020 in NY the 2021 teams with holdbacks just lost there advantage. Its really not that big of a deal except that some teams will be carrying 8th graders. Its really the same as when the holdbacks say its ok he's in the grade. Now you will just hear. It's ok he's the correct age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted about using the 9/1 cutoff date because that has always been used for U based tournaments. My son was born in May of 2003 and is a 2021 as he should be. Actually, he will be able to play in the WSYL next year also.......LOL......not. We will refuse to play down when the calls come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know of two top 2021 teams that are boycotting the event. If everyone who has held there kids back for WHATEVER reason doesn't matter would just play on there appropriate age team this would not be an issue. It's pretty clear cut as to why this sport we all love is being more and more ridiculed for the lack of common sense and oversight.

What teams are boycotting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The logical approach would be to align with US Lacrosse guidelines and announce the WSYL rules well in advance (before team tryouts in August). The original rules were tilted to benefit a select few teams and the recent rules changes were clearly made to further benefit a select few teams. ESPN must be having second thoughts now that they are aware of the situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The logical approach would be to align with US Lacrosse guidelines and announce the WSYL rules well in advance (before team tryouts in August). The original rules were tilted to benefit a select few teams and the recent rules changes were clearly made to further benefit a select few teams. ESPN must be having second thoughts now that they are aware of the situation.

Strongly agree with that. Why in the world would WSYL have a different cutoff than the national governing body USL? Makes absolutely no sense and frankly, it's an embarrassment to the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Little league World Series uses 5/1 as a cutoff date. Why would ESPN care if the WSYL uses the same date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The date never changed the fact that teams "could" use 2020 kids is false. The top clubs who have 20's that could shift power will be committing to schools this summer 91,express crabs etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong my friend very wrong they are now creating special teams based on new rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just another tournament. It's cool that it's televised, but it's not a national championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are wrong my friend very wrong they are now creating special teams based on new rules

Dah who didn't see that coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dah who didn't see that coming.

Who is they ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted about using the 9/1 cutoff date because that has always been used for U based tournaments. My son was born in May of 2003 and is a 2021 as he should be. Actually, he will be able to play in the WSYL next year also.......LOL......not. We will refuse to play down when the calls come.

when are you people going to get it. This is probably now the only tournament that is fair. Age based, regardless of cut off date is what all tourneys should be. Yes, you will have two different grades mixed but all on same playing field. Agree it sux for this years guinea pigs but its a step in right direction. would expect next year clubs will form a separate U13 team based on the guidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS and crew

Tz and crew

Sweet lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much better teams at Young Guns. There will be 1-3 good teams, and the rest is crap.

Nowhere near a national championship. Funny to see LI trying to game the system now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Little league World Series uses 5/1 as a cutoff date. Why would ESPN care if the WSYL uses the same date?

How dare you bring logic to this meat head lax dad argument? Like lacrosse is the only sport where kids might play against someone 18 months older than them.

The Horror!!!

This is all fueled by daddy feeling like junior needs to win a championship he can brag about. Becoming a better player has become a secondary goal sadly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Written from a hold back mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Written from a hold back mom?

No. Written by a dad who has an on age son. He is in 6th grade and gets by just fine. He works hard and doesn't think that he's at a disadvantage just because someone on the other team might be a year older than him. He dealt with in when he played MYLA, so why does it need to be single age now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to year of birth and call it done. Hockey has been doing it this way for years, soccer is going to system in 2016 and most football has gone to this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just me the difference between 7th and 8th graders is much different then (th and 6th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just me the difference between 7th and 8th graders is much different then (th and 6th.

Yet 7th graders manage to play for Middle School A teams. And so do 6th graders for that matter at some schools. These kids must all be the next Mikey Powell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6th graders are not allow to play middle school, tool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is absolutely not a National Championship!!! It is the WORLD Championship!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 6th grader will be so disappointed. Oh that's right, he is playing in middle school. What the [lacrosse] rock do you live under where they can't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 6th grader will be so disappointed. Oh that's right, he is playing in middle school. What the [lacrosse] rock do you live under where they can't?

Section rules. Kids can not play middle school sports till 7th grade. That's when middle school starts offically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is absolutely not a National Championship!!! It is the WORLD Championship!!!

THIS IS A JOKE IS WHAT IT IS !!! NO INTEGRITY!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Frankly Speaking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Section rules. Kids can not play middle school sports till 7th grade. That's when middle school starts offically.

Might you knuckle heads might live in different areas?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no real national or world championship but I don't see how they have a lack of integrity. You can't really go grade based once you start having Canadian teams. Once you go age based any date is as good as another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no real national or world championship but I don't see how they have a lack of integrity. You can't really go grade based once you start having Canadian teams. Once you go age based any date is as good as another.

Not when rules have been out since October and now you change them ...That is a lack of INTEGRITY .....These rules should not go into effect till next year as teams have already been formed in conjunction with previous rules. This is all to favor someone . I agree any date does not matter unless you already have teams based on previous rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when rules have been out since October and now you change them ...That is a lack of INTEGRITY .....These rules should not go into effect till next year as teams have already been formed in conjunction with previous rules. This is all to favor someone . I agree any date does not matter unless you already have teams based on previous rules

late to the party- can you highlight the rule change from October?

the tournament itself is a great concept - should be age based (based on birth year), should be run by US Lacrosse bc most players probably need to have US Lacrosse membership the rosters could be easily validated. Missing part is photo id for players - all kids upload photo to us lax to be put on their membership card. Bring Membership card to field like soccer. Any player without the id is dq'd. Take 5 minutes to check id/s before game. Seems pretty simple to address.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the above, it's about integrity.
Last year the rules went out and teams conformed and built teams based upon the rules last year. To change the rules now after teams are rostered, and now to include 8th graders that played last year, makes the tournament irrelevant. In one year they ruined a good solid tournament.

And to all the posters saying that last years players are getting recruited and won't attend, yes some will be recruited and when the call comes from BS to play, they will be there. Let's not kid ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

World Champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tell ESPN and Coca Cola that it ruined....stop crying and bring your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the above, it's about integrity.
Last year the rules went out and teams conformed and built teams based upon the rules last year. To change the rules now after teams are rostered, and now to include 8th graders that played last year, makes the tournament irrelevant. In one year they ruined a good solid tournament.

And to all the posters saying that last years players are getting recruited and won't attend, yes some will be recruited and when the call comes from BS to play, they will be there. Let's not kid ourselves.

They changed the rules 3 months before the qualifiers and 6 months before the tournament itself. If clubs want to participate they have plenty of time to put together teams. The baseball rosters won't be set for the Little League World Series teams for months. The new rules make sense when you realize how much cutoff dates differ among areas of the US let alone other countries. Grade is in the eye of the beholder as has been well documented on this sight. My suspicion is that the desire to include Canadian teams drove the decision as they would either be at a big disadvantage or advantage depending on how their grades were equated.

My prediction is that the tournament will be won by a club with a lot of younger 2020's who are used to playing with older kids and now will be the oldest kids on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now should clubs build a "new team" for this event from their best 7th and 8th grade teams or go with their 7th grade teams and play kids 40-50 pounds bigger and stronger and risk major injury???Very interested in WSYL's opinion on this. What would they recommend the Club coaches do? Create brand new teams just for this event. Or boycott because the event does not fit how they are set up? The implications are significant. And confusing and very complicated. Sort of a total mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The easiest way to find out who has the best 2021 team in the nation is go to the NLF Super Series event in Pa. If Icon & Igloo go possibly the best 8 teams in the nation will be playing each other. The teams are Crabs, 91, Express, Laxachusettes, Leading Edge, Eclipse, Primetime if you add Igloo & Icon that would truly be the best 2021 teams playing each other. Let's get Igloo & Icon to participate and no one complains.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now should clubs build a "new team" for this event from their best 7th and 8th grade teams or go with their 7th grade teams and play kids 40-50 pounds bigger and stronger and risk major injury???Very interested in WSYL's opinion on this. What would they recommend the Club coaches do? Create brand new teams just for this event. Or boycott because the event does not fit how they are set up? The implications are significant. And confusing and very complicated. Sort of a total mess.

just a mess for this year bc of last minute change. going fwd will be combo teams that meet the age requirement. they way all lax tourneys should be.. age based like every other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Championships! National TV! Level playing field! Why are there still complaints? Hmmmm

Whining babies. Just can't satisfy everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Event is on Long Island - June 11th - will be a great field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, all the 91 and express players that they preselected teams for will be there. Of course, they are the best. Interesting how the team rosters panned out at NLF. No accidents there. Bad event. If you don't play for 91 or Express, do not do this. You will be screwed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, all the 91 and express players that they preselected teams for will be there. Of course, they are the best. Interesting how the team rosters panned out at NLF. No accidents there. Bad event. If you don't play for 91 or Express, do not do this. You will be screwed!

First off It's a tournament. Second off the NLF is not an open registration, it's invite only . It's also a shame but many of the igloo parents are taking on the whiny personality of their cheating leader stop crying, because of TA The express, 91 and a bunch of other clubs do not want igloo attending their events which is really unfortunate for your talented boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen six graders playing on JV in non hot bed areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island NO sixth graders can play middle school sports. Don't care how good you think your little johnny is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long island NO sixth graders can play middle school sports. Don't care how good you think your little johnny is.

That's why club ball is important. At that age there is still so much to learn ant they are truly ready for it. Plus how would you get ready for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off It's a tournament. Second off the NLF is not an open registration, it's invite only . It's also a shame but many of the igloo parents are taking on the whiny personality of their cheating leader stop crying, because of TA The express, 91 and a bunch of other clubs do not want igloo attending their events which is really unfortunate for your talented boys

I am sure it will change it used to be that way between 91 and express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought that was a NYS rule not just LI. 6th grade is still primary years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about NLF go start your own thread ....NO BACK TO ARE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE RULE CHANGES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about NLF go start your own thread ....NO BACK TO ARE REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM. WORLD SERIES OF YOUTH LACROSSE RULE CHANGES

Its over, stop crying and sign up or watch on ESPN. Sponsored by Coca Cola!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Js BS and crew are a bunch of clowns who have forever comprised the integrity and the honor of the game . But as i was told there is no honor AMUNGST thieves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Js BS and crew are a bunch of clowns who have forever comprised the integrity and the honor of the game . But as i was told there is no honor AMUNGST thieves

I like Pepsi better anyway .....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curiously speculation of clubs legally playing 20's in this event Legally!! What about TA playing 2020 kids on the Igloo 2021 team the past few years in addition recruiting a player from Pennsylania. I believe the microscope should clearly be on a person who has a clear track record of actually cheating NOT stretching the rules flat out breaking them. For years the club my son plays for (express) and their rival 91 gets criticized while this person flys free. Making ,any of us realize much of the criticism and accusations come from igloo affiliated people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curiously speculation of clubs legally playing 20's in this event Legally!! What about TA playing 2020 kids on the Igloo 2021 team the past few years in addition recruiting a player from Pennsylania. I believe the microscope should clearly be on a person who has a clear track record of actually cheating NOT stretching the rules flat out breaking them. For years the club my son plays for (express) and their rival 91 gets criticized while this person flys free. Making ,any of us realize much of the criticism and accusations come from igloo affiliated people.

yawn......whatever excuse you need. see you in denver, oh wait prob not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, the LI NLF alliance members are joining forces in posts now, how sweet! But beware! The New Lacrosse Fund will be sure to take all your money by promising to berate any player or organization not part of the alliance and garner you that feaux scholarship. Go ahead, it's your money to spend to fly down to Florida and to watch a wall ball demonstration (you gotta admit, better time with other technique drills could have been spent during that segment!)

The criticism on this forum and in public comes from those who know the reputation of your director, sir, and from those who experienced him firsthand. The voice is not any specific organization, but the voice of the knowing public from across the nation.

Fellow readers, don't be fooled by this NLF propaganda. Igloo has always played by US Lacrosse rules & age brackets. That's been a known fact.

If you think the 2021 Express 'go to' players are not pre-k redshirts or older, you're blind and in denial. You being part of that team for so long should have observed that by now. What about this year's add-ons? We will see.

After all, it's the NLF way, as the founding members have publicly declared they 'all have the same philosophy'.

Just this past summer I'm sure you reiterated what you've been saying on the sidelines for years when Express played Laxachusetts and Crabs. 'They have holdbacks and cheat.' But now you are part of the NLF family and support the cause by actively participating and donating. Don't be a hypocrite, it's unbecoming of a gentleman.

If you think your director doesn't cheat you're lying to yourself. He promotes and meets with families to recommend holding the athlete back. When one defers, the athlete will see the bench. The writing is on the wall. Current rostered players will have even less time when the holdbacks come next year in 8th grade-unless he breaks the promise and cuts/moves the kid to the B team like he did with another player this year.

The list of grievances of the Express organization has been going on for years.

Your director is one of the most hated men in lacrosse. Why do you put up with it? The hopes of $6k in scholarship money?

If your family (and child) loves lacrosse so much, ask yourself this:

Why am I participating in the toxic Express environment and supporting the NLF philosphy that I don't agree with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on TA is a joke. Ive been reading these posts, my son is on a younger Igloo team and we were lied to We ares tuck now but it wont happen again. Also have friends on that 21 Igloo team and IT is certain he played illegal players throughout the summer, which is a shame because that team is very good. He is so insecure in his own skin and it becomes more apparent by the day. Say what you want about the NLF "propaganda" but it is comprised of the best clubs, which attracts the best coaches etc. TA needs to clean his act up before parents realize the benefits of established clubs. Say what you want about MC he has helped countless kids to their schools of choice. Does he stretch the rules probably, does he cheat them like TA NO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of venom on this board for off-seaon!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top clubs in your mind? I'm not saying teams, I'm asking clubs. The ones who try to do it right.
91, express, outlaws how do they compare? Icon, legacy? Who are the good clubs to play for? And I'm not talking about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the top clubs in your mind? I'm not saying teams, I'm asking clubs. The ones who try to do it right.
91, express, outlaws how do they compare? Icon, legacy? Who are the good clubs to play for? And I'm not talking about winning.

They are all cheating money grabbers, none better than the other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can't beat them bash them as hard as you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true $$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Lacrosse is more than to play than Ice Hockey than something is wrong .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These boards are what keeps my relaxed, laughter is truly the medicine.
Best Clubs.. depends on your definition;
in my opinion, the best clubs are the ones that truly care about the sport and players, the ones the teach and encourage the players to play for the game, work hard, play hard, support your teammates, be kind to your opponents because some day they may be your teammates. Coaches who berate, belittle, constantly yell and scream, single out player faults, in my eyes, should not be allowed. on LI, there are a lot of clubs compared to most other regions, some clubs have several teams in each age group, some of the better 'coached' teams are not the #1 team for the club, the #1 may be better but not always teaching the game but rather focused on winning. winning is good but not always if the players are not enjoying the game. In my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, the LI NLF alliance members are joining forces in posts now, how sweet! But beware! The New Lacrosse Fund will be sure to take all your money by promising to berate any player or organization not part of the alliance and garner you that feaux scholarship. Go ahead, it's your money to spend to fly down to Florida and to watch a wall ball demonstration (you gotta admit, better time with other technique drills could have been spent during that segment!)

The criticism on this forum and in public comes from those who know the reputation of your director, sir, and from those who experienced him firsthand. The voice is not any specific organization, but the voice of the knowing public from across the nation.

Fellow readers, don't be fooled by this NLF propaganda. Igloo has always played by US Lacrosse rules & age brackets. That's been a known fact.

If you think the 2021 Express 'go to' players are not pre-k redshirts or older, you're blind and in denial. You being part of that team for so long should have observed that by now. What about this year's add-ons? We will see.

After all, it's the NLF way, as the founding members have publicly declared they 'all have the same philosophy'.

Just this past summer I'm sure you reiterated what you've been saying on the sidelines for years when Express played Laxachusetts and Crabs. 'They have holdbacks and cheat.' But now you are part of the NLF family and support the cause by actively participating and donating. Don't be a hypocrite, it's unbecoming of a gentleman.

If you think your director doesn't cheat you're lying to yourself. He promotes and meets with families to recommend holding the athlete back. When one defers, the athlete will see the bench. The writing is on the wall. Current rostered players will have even less time when the holdbacks come next year in 8th grade-unless he breaks the promise and cuts/moves the kid to the B team like he did with another player this year.

The list of grievances of the Express organization has been going on for years.

Your director is one of the most hated men in lacrosse. Why do you put up with it? The hopes of $6k in scholarship money?

If your family (and child) loves lacrosse so much, ask yourself this:

Why am I participating in the toxic Express environment and supporting the NLF philosphy that I don't agree with?

Yes, Igloo does and has always played by USlacrosse rules. But those rules are U10, U11, U12, etc... Meaning players that are in 5th grade have always, and still do, play in 4th grade tournaments. Likewise for every other age group. When a player is set to graduate in 2021, he's not allowed to play on a 2022 team. It's simple. The rules for each tournament are pretty straight forward. You must play in the grade level of your oldest player. Team LI does it the same way, except they always played by the rules. Igloo does not, and never have. Holdbacks are one thing, flat out cheating is something else altogether.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Writing is on the wall , crush players will be playing with blaze.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH REALLY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules are 4 fools #rulesare4fools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams will advance from the qualifiers yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Writing is on the wall , crush players will be playing with blaze.

No doubt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is reaching out calling people from different organizations to put team together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 teams plus at large qualifiers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for that info. Forgive my ignorance, but how do the at-large qualifiers work?Does that mean that there will be more than 4 teams from the North that will progress to Denver?

4 teams plus at large qualifiers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think North and mid Atlantic would warrant extra bids. As the 5th place team in the north could win other regions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year.

Has nothing to do with 2021 this is age based so ANYONE born on or after 5/1/2002 is eligible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Rules say all players must play for the team on a regular basis AND players cannot be added just to play in the WSYL. Thus any team with 8th graders will be disqualified as they would not be regular players on a 2021 team. Similarly with a u13 team where the cutoff is August 31. So if any team tries to cheat by adding 8th graders people will notice and they would be disqualified. Maybe in future years clubs will start to build teams for this event but it will not happen this year. [/quote

You need to read the rules again buddy in full. There is nothing about graduating year, just date of birth. And you only need to play with team on a regular basis OR 2 tournys prior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People were notified if team is a 2021 team regularly it Must be that in Qualifier and tournament The wording confuses it for people. But I know a few directors have been notified about this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People were notified if team is a 2021 team regularly it Must be that in Qualifier and tournament The wording confuses it for people. But I know a few directors have been notified about this

No your confused

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL is now becoming an event that anyone can put an "all-star" team together to play in. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be like the Little League World Series, but clearly that is not what it is morphing into. Kind of sad actually, because I think it started out with good intentions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL is now becoming an event that anyone can put an "all-star" team together to play in. I was under the impression that it was supposed to be like the Little League World Series, but clearly that is not what it is morphing into. Kind of sad actually, because I think it started out with good intentions.

Sad how the whole climate of youth sports has turned into this.

I do not even know what travel is anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it does say players cannot be added to a team just to play in the WSYL??? I think these rules may need to be reviewed by legal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is age cut. Off date?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sept/2002

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it is 5/1/02

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong..you must include the whole country to have a National Championship. Not just your area. It is then a Regional Championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Igloo & Icon have decided not to attend the regionals. Can anyone confirm this? If so its sad that two very good teams won't play in this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a disgrace the changing of the rules and TZ is calling kids from other org to play. I guess he wants his 2020'team to win Something loll. The wording on the rules is interesting and I know clubs are waiting for teams to trip up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this whole event has turned into a circus, like the rest of youth lacrosse.
No morals or character, sad commentary for the sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't have turned into such a circus if they didn't change the rules midway. Interested to see what kind a team TZ puts together and whether and how WSYL will try to enforce the "needs to play 2 tournaments" together if they qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rule change makes half of 8th grade eligible and the LI teams will have to be largely 8th grade to compete. The rule change bastardized the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't slip on the "Black Ice"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is not going to walk out on their shot, no way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Igloo & Icon have decided not to attend the regionals. Can anyone confirm this? If so its sad that two very good teams won't play in this event.

I would speculate that considering neither team owner –

1. ...is part of the NLF lobby (which has major connections with the MLL League founder who also happens to have started WYSL)
2. ...feels the need to change the rules in order to knock down better teams in 2021
3. ...has the sick ambition to control the travel lacrosse world by whatever means possible – the way the NLF teams do.
4. ...has the greed to grab more money from families
5. ...is willing to cut kids from a team created in August because it's unethical and unfair to those who already made the roster
6. ...thinks it's about them before the kids
7. ...believes their organization is the be all and end all of youth lacrosse the way NLF teams walk around with a holier than thou attitude.
8. ...and most lacrosse programs from around the country believes WYSL did the right thing.

...It makes plenty of sense if they do not attend the regionals!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ...is part of the NLF lobby (which has major connections with the MLL League founder who also happens to have started WYSL)
2. ...feels the need to change the rules in order to knock down better teams in 2021
3. ...has the sick ambition to control the travel lacrosse world by whatever means possible – the way the NLF teams do.
5. ...is willing to cut kids from a team created in August because it's unethical and unfair to those who already made the roster
7. ...believes their organization is the be all and end all of youth lacrosse the way NLF teams walk around with a holier than thou attitude.
8. ...and most lacrosse programs from around the country believes WYSL did the right thing.

Wanna bet....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wanna bet....

Yea, sometimes character trumps greed. Hats off to Black Ice, doing thing the right way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all hope Black Ice plays and I bet they will. They are still the team to beat. All Black Ice kids are legal age but most were born before May 1, 2003 so only about two or thee kids from that team will be able to play next year with the 2022 group. This year will be the only chance for those kids born before May 1, 2003 to play as they will be too old next year. Doubtful the director will deprive kids the opportunity to play in this event. Also many people think black ice is the best only because they are older. It has been argued that Black Ice with an older Roster when playing 2021 teams on average is usually six months older than other 2021 teams and that is why they win. Now they will play kids thier own age or kids six months older than them. The fact that they won't have an age advantage will not keep them out of this event. In fact not having an age advantage is more reason to play. This is a chance to prove they are they best because they are the most talented and not only because they are older. They won't pass up this chance to play and prove they are the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or..... If Black Ice is as good as they claim why not challenge their boys playing 1/2 up. This team has claimed to be so great but rarely plays up seems like they like the big fish in a small pond

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cross posted from 2021

Why all the hate? This is a 13U event with the birthday cutoff of 5/1. Most sports with a "good" governing body have age group based on birthdays. Soccer is birth year. But soccer is international where things like the U.S. version of grades may not translate.

If lacrosse wants to grow from its current small foot print, a strong USL, with rules instead of guidelines, is needed. Who knows, a military base in Europe may field a local team in the future with a mix of local kids. Grades may not exactly translate, but he age cutoff does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know why people are upset, because it is perceived that the Crush coach has had some influence on the changes in the rules tot he WSYL in the last few months. Maybe he had nothing to do with it, BUT if the "younger" Crush kids now play with the 2021 91 team, it will probably make the 2021 91 team better. Thus, they may end up on TV again. I would say without the addition of those players it is MORE likely that Igloo will appear on TV. I would bet money of the fact that the Crush coach also coaches MLL and this is an event run with a strong MLL connection, it is not out of the realm of possibility that this indeed did take place. Also, why the change mid year? IF the organizers wanted to change to just age (and not year 2021 teams) then that should have happened from the start. I agree, it looks a little fishy to me... And, I will say what I have said before, if this event is supposed to be run like the LLWS, then these rule changes should not be happening at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cross posted from 2021

Why all the hate? This is a 13U event with the birthday cutoff of 5/1. Most sports with a "good" governing body have age group based on birthdays. Soccer is birth year. But soccer is international where things like the U.S. version of grades may not translate.

If lacrosse wants to grow from its current small foot print, a strong USL, with rules instead of guidelines, is needed. Who knows, a military base in Europe may field a local team in the future with a mix of local kids. Grades may not exactly translate, but he age cutoff does.

Agreed. That's what we all want and ultimately it will be for the better. But there's a reason for the backlash.

The fact remains that the rules were already set for this year. Did you overlook that or did not know? There was absolutely no reason to change rules eight weeks prior to qualifiers except to benefit larger entrenched orgs that can pull from the eighth grade class, and diminish the mid-size or rising organizations.

Tell us why WYSL couldn't just wait until after this year's tourney was over to modify the rules once and for all. It gave a huge impression that the decision was underhanded and the rules can be changed 'at will' in the future. It was here on BOTC that a leak was made and targeted toward a certain organization just prior to the rule change, that 'a big change was coming'. It's true you can't believe most things on an anonymous forum, but at a minimum it shows that at least one organization was 'in the know' and most likely influenced the process.

Did they really have to push the date of birth up 30 days this year? Did they really have to take grade out of the equation after most teams selected the players from the class of 2021 back in Aug-Nov?

Could those points not have waited one more season? Finally, tell us why all of a sudden the players no longer have to play with the team year round, BUT only in two tourneys, qualifier included.

All the new rules are fine...WYSL should have just waited until this summer to implement them for 2017, because the rules for 2016 were already established. That would be the right thing to do. Meanwhile, influencers and those in charge have their mouths shut because they know three years from now this year's event will be forgotten and swept under the rug.

Oh, and I do not have any skin in this year's game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not connected to LI, but I am the HC of a 9/1 compliant 2021 team not considering WSYL. My observations.

(1) Lacrosse competition should be about skill, not age. When you have 5/1 or 6/1 cutoffs or have 2021 teams loaded with older kids, it becomes in large part about age and how many older kids you have. This is never as prominent as when they are 13 and some players are pre-puberty kids and some look like grown men. Many top 2021 teams from metro areas have 5-8 pre 9/1 kids.

(2) I disagree with the 5/1 cutoff . I disagree with [lacrosse]'s moving from 8/1 to 6/1. But I get it, given how many people "hold back" boys with Summer birthdays, at least in the private school world. Still, I believe an 8/1 cutoff is the right one.

(3) The fact WSYL moving away from requiring kids to be 7th graders in the prior school year and a true part of a team to current standards looks nakedly political. Kudos to Igloo if they call BS and stay away. It's a TV event. Why should they fly all the way to Denver to attend a tournament that changes the rules to suit their competition? Kudos if they decide to go too, but what WSYL did is BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not connected to LI, but I am the HC of a 9/1 compliant 2021 team not considering WSYL. My observations.

(1) Lacrosse competition should be about skill, not age. When you have 5/1 or 6/1 cutoffs or have 2021 teams loaded with older kids, it becomes in large part about age and how many older kids you have. This is never as prominent as when they are 13 and some players are pre-puberty kids and some look like grown men. Many top 2021 teams from metro areas have 5-8 pre 9/1 kids.

(2) I disagree with the 5/1 cutoff . I disagree with [lacrosse]'s moving from 8/1 to 6/1. But I get it, given how many people "hold back" boys with Summer birthdays, at least in the private school world. Still, I believe an 8/1 cutoff is the right one.

(3) The fact WSYL moving away from requiring kids to be 7th graders in the prior school year and a true part of a team to current standards looks nakedly political. Kudos to Igloo if they call BS and stay away. It's a TV event. Why should they fly all the way to Denver to attend a tournament that changes the rules to suit their competition? Kudos if they decide to go too, but what WSYL did is BS.

I get everyone e is upset with theast minute change but the reality is this tourney is going age based which is what all of you push for. Regardless of cutoff everyone wit be on even playing field. Better next year when age based teams formed for this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if these rules were in effect last year does crush lose to crabs lie they did previously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wah, wah, mommy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The age cut off is what got the crabs in a Running Time sort of way grade did not because they were 14/15 year old 7th graders. Good job mom and dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if these rules were in effect last year does crush lose to crabs lie they did previously?

The question should be whether a Maryland coach would have put together an all-star squad and played in the qualifier and then one other tournament, before going to WSYL.

The player's normal club team might not have liked it, but could been done without too much conflict and I would think 10-15 practices would have been plenty for a high-lax IQ bunch of all-stars to learn to play as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I was implying was all that crying by a certain organization last year, and they turn around and do the same this year with a little more too. Hmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has been playing with older kids for years so they can't cry foul now. They should play older kids in this tournament just like 2021 teams have been playing them for years despite Igloo being older. Personally I still think Igloo will win this even with the change in age. At this level it is hard to add kids to an existing roster and play complicated defenses and offenses. Teams that add older kids will have a simplified game plan and a team like Igloo will take advantage of that. If Igloo is concerned about reputation backing out will be the worst thing for them. Igloo should play and they should still win it all. Problem is that they have played younger teams for so long they don't now how they will do against kids of similar age. That is why they are backing out not because they are mad about the rule change. If they thought they could win they would play despite ANY rule change. Having said that if another team wins it will be tainted if Igloo is not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know igloo is not the only 2021 team with "Older Kids" know quit a few but being they have been so successful of course they are THE ONLY ONE's DOING IT ! FOR SURE THEY ARE! Anything to discount there success

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know igloo is not the only 2021 team with "Older Kids" know quit a few but being they have been so successful of course they are THE ONLY ONE's DOING IT ! FOR SURE THEY ARE! Anything to discount there success

Ok, who else has older kids? Did any other team have 2020s on a 2021 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting analysis on Igloo. Igloo will be at the qualifier. Let's move on to something else. What is Express doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask any igloo parent about the age of black ice and they will tell you most of the kids are born before May 1 2003 and they have many 2002 to February 2003 kids. In fact a major complaint about the rule change that keeps being repeated by black ice parents is that almost all these kids will be too old to play next year. There is nothing wrong with having an older legal team but it does make them an older team as far as average age of 2021 teams. Now they have a chance to play teams that are similar age to them. Some of these teams they will be playing will have the same age advantage that igloo has when they play other 2021 teams. No one is discounting the success of the team but if they don't do well against similar age teams then of course people will be saying they are the best because they are older. Let them play and see how they do. They have been together a long time. It is doubtful a team just recently put together will beat them even if older.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will be at the qualifier. The big question is will they be taking 2020 kids? Does anyone know?

Interesting analysis on Igloo. Igloo will be at the qualifier. Let's move on to something else. What is Express doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will be at the qualifier. The big question is will they be taking 2020 kids? Does anyone know?

Express is taking 2020 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXPRESS 2021 for a Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXPRESS 2021 for a Fact

Hey Fact, no 2020 kids? You sure? No point in making false statements. That goes for all teams. At this point we all know each other and what grades kids are in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXPRESS 2021 for a Fact

Hey Fact, no 2020 kids? You sure? No point in making false statements. That goes for all teams. At this point we all know each other and what grades kids are in.

Well then you must not know your kids to well cause its a FACT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXPRESS 2021 for a Fact

K, sorry. Misread your post initially. Not from Express......We all know most teams will take 2020 kids to wsyl. This is unfortunate and is disrupting many teams and organizations. I will say though that the majority difference makers on 2020 teams are older then the 5/1/02 cutoff. Legit 2021 players and teams will do fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXPRESS 2021 for a Fact

K, sorry. Misread your post initially. Not from Express......We all know most teams will take 2020 kids to wsyl. This is unfortunate and is disrupting many teams and organizations. I will say though that the majority difference makers on 2020 teams are older then the 5/1/02 cutoff. Legit 2021 players and teams will do fine.

yeah cause most of the 2020 difference makers have 2001 or 1st qtr 2002 birthdates. Except for maybe the best one out of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No for two reasons:
1) Crush was VERY well prepared for this tourney
2) The crush did that to the Crabs and the Crabs still had quite a few holdbacks during the tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe 91 knew before the others to get it in gear for early July, but now everyone knew this seasons tournament was coming. Playing field is more level this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe 91 knew before the others to get it in gear for early July, but now everyone knew this seasons tournament was coming. Playing field is more level this year.
Just the opposite. Playing field is heavily skewed towards the teams that engineered the rules changes . . . . the larger programs that can pull more of their older kids from their 2020 teams to play down. Sad how they pushed through the rule changes and kept silent on this until the competing teams were selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard that Crabs 2021 isn't even trying for the WSYL this year because they can't field a competitive team that meets the age cutoff. HAHA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just the opposite. Playing field is heavily skewed towards the teams that engineered the rules changes . . . . the larger programs that can pull more of their older kids from their 2020 teams to play down. Sad how they pushed through the rule changes and kept silent on this until the competing teams were selected.

how do you play down in an age based tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how do you play down in an age based tourney?

This is what is still on the WSYL site

"All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate."

I am sure it will only move by 1 year for the next tournament. I think this is an entirely fair cutoff. It allows the kids who were not well adjusted enough to start kindergarten to stay on grade while keeping the kids trying to totally work the system to be kicked out to try again next year.

WSYL knows what they are doing with at 5/1 grade cutoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was originally marketed as 2021 , just how last year it was 2020. but Eventually like any good business you have growing pains. And until they get everyone on the same page this is what you got. It's a pay to play. If you don't want to play don't pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one change that I think is a shame is being able to take a tournament team and not have to bring your team that is on the roster from try outs. The beauty of it last year was that for most of the teams that went, these were the kids that had been playing and practicing together all year, possibly more. The team was united and each win or loss was handled well as these kids were true teammates, not just a tournament team required to play two tournaments together. I personally think the age cut off is a bit too wide and a 7/1 is better. There were kids turning 14 during the tourney while some were just turning 13 or not going to turn 13 for another month or two. That said- it was an incredible experience and worth the trip. I hope it is just as exciting for this year's teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one change that I think is a shame is being able to take a tournament team and not have to bring your team that is on the roster from try outs. The beauty of it last year was that for most of the teams that went, these were the kids that had been playing and practicing together all year, possibly more. The team was united and each win or loss was handled well as these kids were true teammates, not just a tournament team required to play two tournaments together. I personally think the age cut off is a bit too wide and a 7/1 is better. There were kids turning 14 during the tourney while some were just turning 13 or not going to turn 13 for another month or two. That said- it was an incredible experience and worth the trip. I hope it is just as exciting for this year's teams.

but if it was 7/1 then someones son would be ineligible and miss a second trip to Denver. Not an option! That date was not arbitrary by any means, it was to accommodate certain individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

but if it was 7/1 then someones son would be ineligible and miss a second trip to Denver. Not an option! That date was not arbitrary by any means, it was to accommodate certain individuals.

Kids that play up do not need this extended cut off, they would make the cut off without an extension- certain individuals would still make the tournament guidelines without any extensions at all. This was to accommodate all the late starters in MD and other states that follow the trend of pre first. This change was not made to accommodate any one kid and the conspiracy theories are really a bit over the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids that play up do not need this extended cut off, they would make the cut off without an extension- certain individuals would still make the tournament guidelines without any extensions at all. This was to accommodate all the late starters in MD and other states that follow the trend of pre first. This change was not made to accommodate any one kid and the conspiracy theories are really a bit over the top.

In theory you may have a point, unless of course a kid is a holdback and will be turning 13 right after the cutoff date, hmmm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In theory you may have a point, unless of course a kid is a holdback and will be turning 13 right after the cutoff date, hmmm?

Yeah and.......some kids who will play in this tournament will be turning 14 right after the cutoff date. Not sure you still have a point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah and.......some kids who will play in this tournament will be turning 14 right after the cutoff date. Not sure you still have a point.

My original point still stands that this date is not arbitrary and is acomidating to a 6th grade holdback who likes to brag about playing up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My original point still stands that this date is not arbitrary and is acomidating to a 6th grade holdback who likes to brag about playing up!

How is it accommodating if a specific child will be TURNING 13!!!! Know your facts before you speak! This rule is not to accommodate any one child... it is to accommodate the later starters in other states!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how with the new cut off date the 6th grader that you mentioned will be able to play in his 3rd WSYL next year also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that you all know one kids birthdate. Stop measuring your son against him, it's a losing battle for you all.

It makes me laugh when I read this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 7th grader, born January 2003, and he does NOT care if he is playing someone who is older, bigger or better. From this upcoming middle school season until he gets through high school and maybe if he decides to play in college, it will be this way. Just a fact! I don't care either because its not going to change.
All I tell my son is to practice hard, play hard, be a good teammate and don't look back because there will always be someone chasing him.Don't worry about the opponents size or age because its out of his control.
I don't know where this quote came from, but I tell him
"When you lose say nothing, when you win, say less".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And u would feel the same way if u had a oct 2003 like me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 7th grader, born January 2003, and he does NOT care if he is playing someone who is older, bigger or better. From this upcoming middle school season until he gets through high school and maybe if he decides to play in college, it will be this way. Just a fact! I don't care either because its not going to change.
All I tell my son is to practice hard, play hard, be a good teammate and don't look back because there will always be someone chasing him.Don't worry about the opponents size or age because its out of his control.
I don't know where this quote came from, but I tell him
"When you lose say nothing, when you win, say less".

VERY well stated. Hats off to you my friend!
RC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will take time for this to settle. The reality is the clubs that start building teams specifically for this event will dominate, and traditional clubs with grade based teams will not be able to compete and thus will probably drop out. So you will have a bunch of new clubs filling the void for traditional club programs that will lose interest quickly, probably this year or next. Especially once a few 7th graders get seriously hurt by 8th graders that are 15 months older and 50 lbs heavier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will take time for this to settle. The reality is the clubs that start building teams specifically for this event will dominate, and traditional clubs with grade based teams will not be able to compete and thus will probably drop out. So you will have a bunch of new clubs filling the void for traditional club programs that will lose interest quickly, probably this year or next. Especially once a few 7th graders get seriously hurt by 8th graders that are 15 months older and 50 lbs heavier.

Yes, surprised more people are not talking about how this will likely lead to some serious injuries where grade based teams with young 7th graders will be playing against much bigger and older 8th graders. Potential nightmare for kids, parents, coaches, and organizers. Should have stayed with everyone needing to meet the grade criteria. Less risk of someone getting hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, surprised more people are not talking about how this will likely lead to some serious injuries where grade based teams with young 7th graders will be playing against much bigger and older 8th graders. Potential nightmare for kids, parents, coaches, and organizers. Should have stayed with everyone needing to meet the grade criteria. Less risk of someone getting hurt.

What?! Staying with grade criteria makes it worse considering the boatload of holdbacks in MD, MA and other areas, and now some of the two main LI orgs who are jumping on that bandwagon. At least some older kids were filtered out.

Age is the way to go, although 5/1 is way early. They should stick to FIL and US Lacrosse age rules or Jan 1 like other sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are any clubs even supporting this event this year? I would be surprised if the WSYL even exists in 2 years. While it's a good concept, the truth is, teams don't need to fly to Denver to play good competition. In fact, the competition that was there last year was terrible.

I don't believe Crabs 2021 is even going to the qualifier. Can anyone confirm what top clubs are participating in the qualifiers next month? So far it's been crickets in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa koopers bethesda is all i have heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lacrosse just adopted a new player segmentation policy for player safety. They are promoting players play within a 12 month age range with an age cutoff of September 1.

"Age is based on player's age as of September 1 in an attempt to align with the majority of school systems nationwide to allow players to play with people in their own grade level."

WSYL will have to comply next year for the safety of the kids. This year I guess will just be a free for all with a mix of ages and grades. Too bad for the kids it turned out to be such a mess this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think the WSYL will have to comply? They don't this year.....
US lacrosse just adopted a new player segmentation policy for player safety. They are promoting players play within a 12 month age range with an age cutoff of September 1.

"Age is based on player's age as of September 1 in an attempt to align with the majority of school systems nationwide to allow players to play with people in their own grade level."

WSYL will have to comply next year for the safety of the kids. This year I guess will just be a free for all with a mix of ages and grades. Too bad for the kids it turned out to be such a mess this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does this effect club lax teams will they be reshuffled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they will have to comply because it will be too expensive for club teams to try and manage a US lacrosse compliant club program (players playing within 12 month age range with September 1 cutoff) and an entirely separate team that never plays together picked from two separate age groups just for one weekend tournament. Would be absurd and a total nightmare. Clubs that follow US lacrosse guidelines won't participate because they won't be competitive and their kids will get injured playing the older kids in WSYL. WSYL should just align with the governing body recommendation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the tournaments are grade based and teams are grade-based. These teams simply don't play in age-based tournaments and don't care about USL rules, policies and governance. I don't see how this will have much of an impact . . . unless it's a U-based tournament.
I think they will have to comply because it will be too expensive for club teams to try and manage a US lacrosse compliant club program (players playing within 12 month age range with September 1 cutoff) and an entirely separate team that never plays together picked from two separate age groups just for one weekend tournament. Would be absurd and a total nightmare. Clubs that follow US lacrosse guidelines won't participate because they won't be competitive and their kids will get injured playing the older kids in WSYL. WSYL should just align with the governing body recommendation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the tournaments are grade based and teams are grade-based. These teams simply don't play in age-based tournaments and don't care about USL rules, policies and governance. I don't see how this will have much of an impact . . . unless it's a U-based tournament.

Rules are useless when there is no governance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the North teams look pretty strong - Team 91, Icon, Igloo, LI Express, Eclipse, Primetime, Legacy, FCA Northeast, Cape Town & Team ASW

The West teams are less well-known - 3D dallas, Team West Coast, Colorado Crush, Mad Dog West, Denver Rifles, SoCal Express & Aces

Other regions not up yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL North regional lists Team 91 2021 Orange/Blaze. Is this a combo team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does Icon/Express mean? Did they grab kids from Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not really they only cut four kids off the roster.clearly the kids that won't be on the team next year anyway, nice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You left out the #1 seed Legacy Taz. The Legacy team has about 10 players from the 2020 Taz team playing at the regionals. Now we know who wanted the 8th graders in. A lot of people on this website were wrong when they said 91 was the culprit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is why this year is a joke. It is not going to be the best team but the program that is willing to use the rules to their advantage to build a 7/8 grade team that will win. Most will probably be loyal to their kids and play their true 2021 teams but some will not. It will be obvious. Next year will be better if WSYL consistent with US lacrosse. Makes sense for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is why this year is a joke. It is not going to be the best team but the program that is willing to use the rules to their advantage to build a 7/8 grade team that will win. Most will probably be loyal to their kids and play their true 2021 teams but some will not. It will be obvious. Next year will be better if WSYL consistent with US lacrosse. Makes sense for the kids.

What teams will be loyal to their true 2021 teams? I don't know of any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet most will, not all of these organizations are that disloyal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then the organizations that are loyal to their 2021 team don't have any 2020 players born on or after 5/1/02.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then the organizations that are loyal to their 2021 team don't have any 2020 players born on or after 5/1/02.

So true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyal, Integrity , Upright, are works not associate with club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that most of the 2021 teams ( Express, 91 and Legacy) are bring in 2020 kids to play for them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have posted the east regional teams on the wsyl website. Unless i am reading it incorrectly, it looks like the crabs will not be in this year's wsyl. The east group includes teams like green turtles, mesa, koopers, leading edge, diamondbacks, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that most of the 2021 teams ( Express, 91 and Legacy) are bring in 2020 kids to play for them?
o the extent they meet the age cutoff yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can tell you Icon does not have a 2020 team, they will not and that staff would not take any 2020 kids. Don't know why a true 2021 would attend this year when other teams will take 2020 kids, not right, plan and simple. They will not be playing on the same playing field. What the WS people have done is hurt the 2021 teams as a whole. What are you telling some players you can play all year but for these tourney's we are taking older kids so you cannot play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have posted the east regional teams on the wsyl website. Unless i am reading it incorrectly, it looks like the crabs will not be in this year's wsyl. The east group includes teams like green turtles, mesa, koopers, leading edge, diamondbacks, etc.

greene turtle and Koopers by far the class of that group. If they are really taking 4 teams the other 2 will be irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Express is not bringing 2020 players. They are bringing their 2021 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Express is not bringing 2020 players. They are bringing their 2021 team.

The real question is who will be there guest player or players being ICON is there as well my guess is they play for express....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is trying to recruit kids from other teams so I find it hard to believe that they are bringing no 2020 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were Orange and added the Blaze name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and they are pulling kids from 2020 Crush. So the name above is not representative of a combo team, only the roster is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 28 29
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard