BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,518
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 327 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next year they can have the <Reference Removed> Tournament

Moderator's Note : This post crossed the line by confusing the purpose of the tournament and the injury being discussed. In no way will BOTC condone or accept a post that treats this charity tournament in such a backhanded manner, even in an attempt at humor.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: References Removed
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about that 2017 Baker team??

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am sure the tourney organizers did not tell you the YJ condone such behavior because if they did they won't not be at the tourney to begin with. They have been at this tourney since the inception and have contributed greatly to the cause!! YJ player top fundraiser and won top prize.

Oh and congrats to YJ 2018 Rose, 2017 Bertolone, and 2016 Defo for there CHAMPIONSHIPS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey is there any truth that the 2015 Blue LM lost to Skywalkers again and the they were so pissed that the girls were pushing and hacking again? Also heard that at the end of the game a YJ's player body check a Skywalkers player so hard that they called an ambulance. So please don't tell me that Pete M and Carol R had nothting to do on how they coach these 15 year old girls

Can anyone confirm that a kid who played against the YJs 2015 Blue LM was badly injured and taken away in an ambulance? Or is this guy just a liar?
Call the tournament organizers they will confirm. The only liars are the YJ loyalest that swear that the Y.J. don't teach and condone this behavior

This is very coincidental. There was much discussion before this tournament about how this team is dirty and then a kid on the opposing team gets badly injured. Did anyone see it, was it an accident?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This is very coincidental. There was much discussion before this tournament about how this team is dirty and then a kid on the opposing team gets badly injured. Did anyone see it, was it an accident?

My feeling is this occurs too frequently to be purely coincidence. Where there is smoke, there is fire. And there's a [lacrosse] of a lot of smoke surrounding this team. You hear a lot of the same stories from unrelated sources, the only common denominator being the team and its roughness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was an accident 50/50 ground ball collision!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course they will be there next year and so will everyone else. All the ridiculous bashing on this site won't change their status.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick check that hit a wrist was actually two years ago and a different girl. Don't know anything more about that but was most certainly an accident also.

When two girls are both moving to a ground ball and both reach it at the same time I would call that 50 50 and I'm not sure why that means that one girl was more aggressive than the other. Simply an unfortunate accident.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

My feeling is this occurs too frequently to be purely coincidence. Where there is smoke, there is fire. And there's a [lacrosse] of a lot of smoke surrounding this team. You hear a lot of the same stories from unrelated sources, the only common denominator being the team and its roughness.

Unrelated sources? How do you know if they are all anonymous.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Unrelated sources? How do you know if they are all anonymous.

They're not anonymous when I'm talking to them face to face at games and parties and here and there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stick check that hit a wrist was actually two years ago and a different girl. Don't know anything more about that but was most certainly an accident also.

When two girls are both moving to a ground ball and both reach it at the same time I would call that 50 50 and I'm not sure why that means that one girl was more aggressive than the other. Simply an unfortunate accident.

I played boys for 2 years in Jr. High, 4 years high school, & 4 years D1 college. My daughter has played for 7 years for a grand total of 17 years. In those 17 years I have seen 1 broken bone, A goalie on my daughters team broke her pinky saving a shot. So for you to defend your club by saying it was 2 different players over the course of 3 years in a limited contact sport is kind of solidifying the argument that your club plays a dirty brand of lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh and congrats to YJ 2018 Rose, 2017 Bertolone, and 2016 Defo for there CHAMPIONSHIPS

Translation: M&D Lacrosse Club did not participate in this tournament. CONGRATS! nonetheless.
That's because they are chicken. Lets see if M and D comes to the LI showcase on July 28th, They will get their butts kicked!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M and D struggled against YJ last year. You did not see YJ even talking about them on this site. M and D is a great club just like YJ. So you got the best of them this year and they got the best of you last year congrats to both!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all YJ teams who participated the club had an amazing showing for a great cause!!

2012 CHAMPIONS

2013:
1st: YJ Blue, 2nd: Metro
2014:
1st: YJ Blue, 2nd: Greene Turtle
2015:
1st: Capital Blue, 2nd: Skywalkers
2016:
1st: YJ Blue, 2nd: STEPS 16 White
2017:
1st: YJ Blue, 2nd STEPS 17 White
2018/19/20:
1st: YJ 2018, 2nd: T3 North

LAX-RAISING CHAMPIONS
Top Team: STEPS 2018 Blue
Top Player: Gianna Guttilla
Team: Capital
1st: Hannah Thomas, 2nd: Carley Sane
Team: YJ 2014 Blue Jones
1st: Kayla Murphy, 2nd: Vala Molamusa
2015:
Team: STEPS Blue
1st: Kristen Maiorano, 2nd: Charley Orner
2016:
Team: STEPS White
1st: Kate Matz, 2nd: Lindsay Haas
Team: STEPS Blue
1st: Anna DiSibio, 2nd: Elizabeth Navin
2018/19/20
Team: STEPS 18 Blue
1st: Gianna Guttilla, 2nd: Anna Parks
PINK WINNERS!!
Friday: SJS Pink 2017
Saturday: Central Mass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to their games and watch. Keep in mind that it has to be against an equal team. Not the 20 to 1 blowout. That’s when there true colors come out. I much rather see an honest loss than a cheap win.

We complain about the refs constantly, but perhaps if the refs, coaches and tournament organizers knew before hand that 2015 Yellow Jackets Blue LM has a tainted reputation of dirty play (and a coach who supposedly endorses it), we could possibly avoid a kid getting injured.

And please restrain from comments like "All YJ teams play dirty" because this is just one specific team and coach that the parent had an opinion on, don't associate it with every yj team.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more people defending this coach and stating with conviction that you or your daughter have never heard any inkling of acceptance/promotion of dirty play with intent to injure.

Notice there has not been a response to your post. Because it's true and well known throuout the lax community. And still nothing is done except broken bones and massive bruising to opponents. Quite sad.

The quote above was written last week. And from what I just read, there was a broken bone and massive bruising this weekend in the 2015 blue lm game. If all the players on that team were asked if dirty play has ever been encouraged, I wonder what the response would be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to YJ 2013 and 2014 on your Lax for Cure Championships!!!!
Almost a complete sweep for YJ Nation!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation: M&D Lacrosse Club did not participate in this tournament. CONGRATS! nonetheless.
That's because they are chicken. Lets see if M and D comes to the LI showcase on July 28th, They will get their butts kicked!!!

Agree. 2014 Blue(Thorn) team beat M&D 2013 Black team @ the ND 2 weeks ago on the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I played boys for 2 years in Jr. High, 4 years high school, & 4 years D1 college. My daughter has played for 7 years for a grand total of 17 years. In those 17 years I have seen 1 broken bone, A goalie on my daughters team broke her pinky saving a shot. So for you to defend your club by saying it was 2 different players over the course of 3 years in a limited contact sport is kind of solidifying the argument that your club plays a dirty brand of lacrosse.

Picture the scene: This girl is getting carted off the field completely crippled with parents in tow to hospital and they have to walk through all the YJ parents wearing "Fear the Bee" Tee Shirts. Logo starts to take on a new meaning these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to sum this up so I get a clear picture of the events for the Yellow Jacket Blue LM team. First they played at Lax Inception in MD and lost to Sky-walkers. Than they played Top Guns at the National Draw in NJ of which they won 5 to 4 but the competition was so close and good they started to hack, push and swing there stick. Almost breaking a girls hand with a slash and breaking a girl’s wrist with a violent push in the last minute of the game. They went lose to M&D in the next round of the finals. Now I’m hearing that the Yellow Jacket Blue LM played Sky-walkers again and lost 6 to 5. Again in the last minutes of the game they reverted to another violent push breaking a girl’s leg and tearing her ACL. And to make matters worse the tournament organizer marked the game as a tie only to change the final score board back to a 6 to 5 win for the Sky-walkers two days later. Something is very wrong with the Yellow Jacket organization and someone needs to report these events to US Lacrosse. This team and organization is destroying this game of Girls Lacrosse. I would also suggest that M&D check their health insurance, because the way I see it if they play Yellow Jackets Blue LM again they will need it and I’m not trying to be funny. Now I’m hearing that in a game last year the same girl who push the girl with the broken leg and torn ACL was also involved in pushing a girl and breaking her wrist. This coach Pete M needs to stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D won three of the four divisions at National Draw and had a total of 5 teams in the 4 final games. They did all that without sending anybody to the hospital. Imagine that? Why do they need to travel to Long Island to do it again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I was there. Not a 50/50 ball. Girl from skywalkers was about 5 feet ahead of getting the ball. YJ girl came into her body for one reason--to slow the girl's body down by hitting her. That's a fact. The YJ girl was not making attempt for the ball. If she was, she would not have impacted the SW girl where she did. The player has a torn acl, torn meniscus and a broken leg. The ER doc asked what kind of car hit her. That's pretty much the extent of it. There is zero defense here.

No one from the yellow jackets team has contacted the girl's family to inquire about her. That is the kind of classless club we are dealing with. Also-- not true that the broken wrist story is from two years ago. It happened just a few weeks ago to a girl from Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Picture the scene: This girl is getting carted off the field completely crippled with parents in tow to hospital and they have to walk through all the YJ parents wearing "Fear the Bee" Tee Shirts. Logo starts to take on a new meaning these days."
The award for biggest Drama Queen goes too....
Yes it is very sad a kid got hurt and nobody wants to see it happen but all of you who are suggesting anything intentional was behind it are pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I was there. Not a 50/50 ball. Girl from skywalkers was about 5 feet ahead of getting the ball. YJ girl came into her body for one reason--to slow the girl's body down by hitting her. That's a fact. The YJ girl was not making attempt for the ball. If she was, she would not have impacted the SW girl where she did. The player has a torn acl, torn meniscus and a broken leg. The ER doc asked what kind of car hit her. That's pretty much the extent of it. There is zero defense here.

No one from the yellow jackets team has contacted the girl's family to inquire about her. That is the kind of classless club we are dealing with. Also-- not true that the broken wrist story is from two years ago. It happened just a few weeks ago to a girl from Top Guns.

It was an accident. It's on video! Stop making this girl out to be a cheap player. It is terrible that the girl got hurt. It is devastating. If she didn't get hurt no one would have thought twice about it. It is 2 girls going after the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
post the video so we can all see and make our own minds up

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let's roll the tape then an we can see for ourselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they cant check legsally, Yellow Jacket players will intentionally foul another player to stop them from moving upfield. I have often seen this personally and heard the cheers from thrnparetns supporting it. It is no doubt a policy endorsed the YJ organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC will never allow the video to be posted because there going to say it shows the girl and everyone will see who she is. The will allow every club t post names of girls that commit to schools or score goals , but I seriously doubt they are going to let us see the face of some thug so we all know who to watch out for. I'm sure thats what the Y.J. parents are counting on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the yellow Jackets have put two girls in the hospital in two weeks, guess that is OK. Class coach as well. One did not even shake the other clubs had. Hope you are proud.

I think you cheep shot the wrong girl this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was no intent to go for the ball. She took her out the video, to US Lacrosse shows it clearly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the yellow Jackets have put two girls in the hospital in two weeks, guess that is OK. Class coach as well. One did not even shake the other clubs had. Hope you are proud.

I think you cheep shot the wrong girl this time.

Yellow Jackets should not be defined by the actions of one coach or team. Clearly everyone on this thread has an issue with PM and the 2015 blue team. Carol Rose is one person in the entire organization who can be seen at all tournaments dancing under tents with the kids, painting her hair with the younger kids, or simply riding her bike around smiling and talking to all the kids who approach her. As a graduated player from the program I have seen the many sides of CR and the Yelliw Jackets program and at the end of a D1 career I can say the love she shows the girls in the program far surpasses any other money making organization. She cares about the girls from start to finish. Do the YJ play aggressive no more aggressive then M&D and Skywalkers. Do people get hurt yes unfortunately they do it's like any other sport accidents happen. Are some coaches more aggressive on the sidelines then others absolutely but it doesn't make the YJ a bad place to grow up playing. I can only hope when I have kids that I can become a part of the program as a parent. Please stop bashing an entire organization and it's director over one teams actions. If you weren't there and witnessed it personally you do not know what happened. From what I know or heard from my younger sister the sidelines were not overfilled with the hundreds of people who are constantly belittling this team. As adults our kids will learn from us in my opinion it's summer time go outside and plant or lay by your pool leave the YJ alone. If TG had this happen would you ostracize SS. CR is one tough cookie for taking all this crap and still smiling!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC will never allow the video to be posted because there going to say it shows the girl and everyone will see who she is. The will allow every club t post names of girls that commit to schools or score goals , but I seriously doubt they are going to let us see the face of some thug so we all know who to watch out for. I'm sure thats what the Y.J. parents are counting on
Some thoughts as to what "BOTC will allow".

First, this conversation has gone beyond the vindictive level regarding the intent to cause injury. BOTC has relaunched the discussion about helmets and such in many ways tied to this particular discussion. Let's keep the discussion on the "lessons learned" and what can be done to improve safety.

Second, videos that have been presented on BOTC are generally hosted through other sites such as You Tube. We reserve the right to protect identities of individual players; in this case, we suspect that the reason one would want to post the video here on BOTC is not to prove the player innocent, but to further fan the flames. We would not permit such a video attacking the Liberty, Top Guns, or any particular organization or player - similarly, we would not allow such with the Yellow Jackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it wrong to pull my daughter and not let her play if I know they’re going to play the Yellow Jacket Blue LM? Think about it? My daughter and others on her team and girls from other clubs like M&D, Skywalker, Maryland United are very good players. We are all evenly matched and in the past and won and lost to all clubs mentioned above. We had some great conversation on the side lines with parents from all club teams except Yellow Jackets. Is it worth it for more injuries and to jeopardize a possibility for collage recruitment?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It was no intent to go for the ball. She took her out the video, to US Lacrosse shows it clearly.
As for contacting US Lacrosse, Harry Jacobs is a personal friend of BOTC and if you feel you have material which will be of interest to US Lacrosse and/or the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation, we can arrange for that content to be provided to these organizations. Please do not be shy; US Lacrosse will be listening if (and we repeat if) you have material of importance on this issue. Please supply the You Tube link to the content to us via cagesage@backofthecage.com.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes remove her if you want and/ or forfeit the game. You can start TG in florida if you have to play them!! You TG people are obsessed with YJ and CR you need to move onto something better to do with yourselves.

YJ was never ejected from any tourney and NO player ever red carded for unsportsmanlike behavior so all this nonsense and bashing of one team is ridiculous. Get a life!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes remove her if you want and/ or forfeit the game. You can start TG in florida if you have to play them!! You TG people are obsessed with YJ and CR you need to move onto something better to do with yourselves.

YJ was never ejected from any tourney and NO player ever red carded for unsportsmanlike behavior so all this nonsense and bashing of one team is ridiculous. Get a life!!

What makes you think I’m from TG. You presumption are incorrect I could be from Liberty or The Wave or Express or even SCGL. What we’re talking about is that there seems to be a team in the 2015 age group that has no regards for the rules and all they see is the win at all cost even if they have breaks some bones in the process.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is it wrong to pull my daughter and not let her play if I know they’re going to play the Yellow Jacket Blue LM? Think about it? My daughter and others on her team and girls from other clubs like M&D, Skywalker, Maryland United are very good players. We are all evenly matched and in the past and won and lost to all clubs mentioned above. We had some great conversation on the side lines with parents from all club teams except Yellow Jackets. Is it worth it for more injuries and to jeopardize a possibility for collage recruitment?
The Newsday article from this last weekend's edition discussing girls helmets points to the fact that the women's collegiate game is getting substantially more physical; the finesse game is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, good or bad. Expecting collegiate lacrosse to be playing with this "sphere" concept long term is not practical without stronger officiating.

The question here is how does one respond to the more athletic and therefore more physical nature of college lacrosse. Certainly, pulling your student-athlete from the field in major showcases will not be the right answer if you have intentions of playing for NCAA Division I national powerhouse teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The Newsday article from this last weekend's edition discussing girls helmets points to the fact that the women's collegiate game is getting substantially more physical; the finesse game is rapidly becoming a thing of the past, good or bad. Expecting collegiate lacrosse to be playing with this "sphere" concept long term is not practical without stronger officiating.

The question here is how does one respond to the more athletic and therefore more physical nature of college lacrosse. Certainly, pulling your student-athlete from the field in major showcases will not be the right answer if you have intentions of playing for NCAA Division I national powerhouse teams.

I don't feel helmets are the answer, it will only make the aggressive play even more aggressive. I think a simple asnswer is maybe US lacrosse should put more teeth into the consequences of yellow and red cards, like two yellow cards in two games means a two game suspension, and four cards in a season means a four games suspension, etc. Additionally, if a team has a certain amount of combined yellow cards, then the team should not be allowed to play in certain tournaments. these are just some quick ideas.

I would guess that this would clean up the game by making coaches and players more sensitive to how they are playing, and it would keep the "too aggressive" players on the sidelines watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct but we’re not talking about head injuries. We’re talking about broken bones. I know accident happen but what I have seen and heard this is not an accident it is an act solely to stop the play and if a girl get hurt? Oh well, that’s the game.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't feel helmets are the answer, it will only make the aggressive play even more aggressive. I think a simple asnswer is maybe US lacrosse should put more teeth into the consequences of yellow and red cards, like two yellow cards in two games means a two game suspension, and four cards in a season means a four games suspension, etc. Additionally, if a team has a certain amount of combined yellow cards, then the team should not be allowed to play in certain tournaments. these are just some quick ideas.

I would guess that this would clean up the game by making coaches and players more sensitive to how they are playing, and it would keep the "too aggressive" players on the sidelines watching.
Your assumption is that there is a standard for reporting cards into US Lacrosse; further, you are assuming that all yellow and red cards are being reported or recorded for processing after the final whistle blows. Even if the recording of data was accurate, how would your multiple game suspensions be processed between tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct but we’re not talking about head injuries. We’re talking about broken bones. I know accident happen but what I have seen and heard this is not an accident it is an act solely to stop the play and if a girl get hurt? Oh well, that’s the game.

We're you at the game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? And put more power in the refs hands? No thank you. The refs in this sport are the worst as a group I have seen in any sport! The subjectivity and inconsistency from ref to ref is part of the problem. With the amount of yellow cards being given out there will be no one on the roster left to play! That goes for all the clubs!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 59 of 327 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard