BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 90 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Force dominate all below? That is just silly. They tied Rising Sons at the Hill School. They just tied the Hawks on the Eastern Shore. In Breakers form they lost to them twice too in the NYPLL.

That 91 force could be a lot better if they had the right pieces. Seem to fade as season goes on every year.

I'm pretty sure all teams could be a lot better if they had the "right pieces" - that's every team in every sport. It really makes no sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We established that the refs changed the game in Looney's favor (no surprise since we were in Looney's country).

Keep hating on the #1 club in America.

LOL - it was a Crabs tourney, actually. So, the refs changed the game in Looneys' favor so dramatically that they lost 10-0? I watched the game - trust me, with the exception of making half the Looneys players leave the field to give MadLax a 2 on 1 advantage, there is nothing that would have affected the outcome of the game. And I don't like Looneys - at all - but unfortunately it was a good old fashioned a** whoopin.

Why your dislike for Looney's? Just curious.

because my kid keeps getting cut. We are stuck playing for FCA blue every year. He would play Crabs 2020, but he doesn't have his drivers license yet.

Brilliant. Actually, as you may have guessed, that wasn't my response, but ironically that low intellect comment is 99% of the reason for my dislike - not saying all ages and levels, but in my experience, the Looneys parents are just plain embarrassing. Every game, screaming and whining, cussing and complaining, especially when losing. Thankfully, I don't live in MD, so Looneys wouldn't ever be an option, but if I were from that area I'd definitely look elsewhere.

I've seen Crush, Crabs, FCA, Looney's, Terps, Legacy, 91 MD and Hawks all lose. By far the biggest whiners were Crush last year at beach lax. By far!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We established that the refs changed the game in Looney's favor (no surprise since we were in Looney's country).

LOL - it was a Crabs tourney, actually. So, the refs changed the game in Looneys' favor so dramatically that they lost 10-0? I watched the game - trust me, with the exception of making half the Looneys players leave the field to give MadLax a 2 on 1 advantage, there is nothing that would have affected the outcome of the game. And I don't like Looneys - at all - but unfortunately it was a good old fashioned a** whoopin.

because my kid keeps getting cut. We are stuck playing for FCA blue every year. He would play Crabs 2020, but he doesn't have his drivers license yet.

Brilliant. Actually, as you may have guessed, that wasn't my response, but ironically that low intellect comment is 99% of the reason for my dislike - not saying all ages and levels, but in my experience, the Looneys parents are just plain embarrassing. Every game, screaming and whining, cussing and complaining, especially when losing. Thankfully, I don't live in MD, so Looneys wouldn't ever be an option, but if I were from that area I'd definitely look elsewhere.

I understand, most people dislike the teams they can't beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am no fan of Crush - but - in the case of the Beach Lax loss - they had a right to whine. Crabs sandbagged the game with 2019 players. Typical Jumbo Lump cheating...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am no fan of Crush - but - in the case of the Beach Lax loss - they had a right to whine. Crabs sandbagged the game with 2019 players. Typical Jumbo Lump cheating...

If your goal is to have your son play good competition and get better why would you whine? I would much rather see my son lose close then blow a team out. My son plays D so I may be biased but I don't see any point in going to these tournaments and having him watch the game the whole time because the ball is on the other side of the field.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your goal is to have your son play good competition and get better why would you whine? I would much rather see my son lose close then blow a team out. My son plays D so I may be biased but I don't see any point in going to these tournaments and having him watch the game the whole time because the ball is on the other side of the field.

knowingly playing an older team is one thing, but playing a team labeled as 2020, and in reality has many 2019 players is another all together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, maybe one of the dumbest responses on this topic, and that's saying a lot. So I should be able to stick whatever players I like on a team, even if they are older and have never played on the team, and if the other team complains, tell them to shut up and just thank me for giving them stronger competition!! No rules, no maintaining the spirit of the game or sportsmanship. This is why people dismiss the Crabs organziation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

knowingly playing an older team is one thing, but playing a team labeled as 2020, and in reality has many 2019 players is another all together.

Amazing how a Crab will continue to defend what they did at Beach Lax was not wrong and what they have done to this sport and continue to do to the sport, isn't wrong. Their singular focus is for the parents to be able to say junior is an early committ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep whining. Meanwhile our guys keep committing.

LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've seen Crush, Crabs, FCA, Looney's, Terps, Legacy, 91 MD and Hawks all lose. By far the biggest whiners were Crush last year at beach lax. By far!

Rightly so although Crush had no display of unsportsmanlike behavior in the face of the most blatant unsportsmanlike behavior by Crabs. Crabs played kids that were rostered on 2019 and then those same players played the following week back on 2019. A truly talented team does not need to manipulate rules. Aloha should have stepped in but we all know Crabs and Aloha partner on other events and Aloha has no interest in upsetting that cart.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, maybe one of the dumbest responses on this topic, and that's saying a lot. So I should be able to stick whatever players I like on a team, even if they are older and have never played on the team, and if the other team complains, tell them to shut up and just thank me for giving them stronger competition!! No rules, no maintaining the spirit of the game or sportsmanship. This is why people dismiss the Crabs organziation.

I prefer another team bringing in a few ringers and beating my son's team by 1 in a competitive intense game instead of my son's team blowing them out. I am sorry I prefer even competition. I have no relationship to the crabs. If I was a Crush parent I would prefer games like the beach lax game to the 30-0 debacle in the WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing how a Crab will continue to defend what they did at Beach Lax was not wrong and what they have done to this sport and continue to do to the sport, isn't wrong. Their singular focus is for the parents to be able to say junior is an early committ.

early committs?...you mean cocktail scholarships! the only place they matter is at happy hour while mommy and daddy are sucking down their vodka martini!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Crush play last weekend in box tourney and they were by far the most talented kids...but also the dirtiest players I've ever seen. No need for that IMO since they already have the best talent. Lose the attitude and cheap shots and let your talent/results speak for themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Crush play last weekend in box tourney and they were by far the most talented kids...but also the dirtiest players I've ever seen. No need for that IMO since they already have the best talent. Lose the attitude and cheap shots and let your talent/results speak for themselves

when crabs beat them at beach lax, Crush got downright dirty!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish everyone on this site would stop calling physical play "dirty ".
Just because little Johnny gets hit going to the cage doesn't make a player dirty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep whining. Meanwhile our guys keep committing.

LOL.

Typical Crab response. It is a shame you(and your son) will never really know if your son could have made it without manipulating the rules in order to get that commitment. Folks are not jealous of you - they feel sorry for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because little Johnny gets hit going to the cage doesn't make a player dirty.

That statement shows you don't know the difference between physical and dirty. Plus, this year refs are going to be looking for "excessive hits", though not dirty but excessive and time will be served for those types of hits. I've seen clean hits that were excessive and a penalty was called and time served. On some of those hits if I were the ref it would be 2 min. non releasable and then if the same player does it again, another penalty and toss his butt out of the game. Only way this crap is going to be controlled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a player cross checks another player in the back of the head as the ball is on the other side of the field, that in my book is "dirty" and not "physical". When a player slashes another player in the back of the leg (again off ball) when the ref is turned the other way, that is "dirty" and not "physical play"...that is what I witnessed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

physical play is acceptable, it is a contact sport. throwing punches is not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great skills but they play dirty to try and intimidate. Whenever the ref is not looking, they step on feet, jab kids with their sticks,etc. what is even worse is how the 91 parents cheer on this dirty behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is built around 5 really good kids. As soon as those kids commit, the team will implode.

Crabs and Looney's have already surpassed them anyways.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When a player cross checks another player in the back of the head as the ball is on the other side of the field, that in my book is "dirty" and not "physical". When a player slashes another player in the back of the leg (again off ball) when the ref is turned the other way, that is "dirty" and not "physical play"...that is what I witnessed

Crush did crap like that when my son'a team played them too. It is a shame because they are talented, but to me they just looked like a bunch of punks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney dad always trying to make there team relevant. Your not there go beat someone. Playing close w crabs and crush (in one game) doesn't make you elite. Go win one of those Crabs already handled you and having played against you this fall and seeing crush your looking at another significant loss. By the way you talk on these boards chances are they won't look past you this time and your gonna feel it. Not a big fan of Crush mainly because we want to beat them but every time I see Crush it's usually people playing "dirty " against them. IMO 91 Maryland will beat Looneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney dad always trying to make there team relevant. Your not there go beat someone. Playing close w crabs and crush (in one game) doesn't make you elite. Go win one of those Crabs already handled you and having played against you this fall and seeing crush your looking at another significant loss. By the way you talk on these boards chances are they won't look past you this time and your gonna feel it. Not a big fan of Crush mainly because we want to beat them but every time I see Crush it's usually people playing "dirty " against them. IMO 91 Maryland will beat Looneys
. How in the world would you know/assume it is a Looney's dad. If I follow your flawed logic it is somewhat easy to assume your are either Crabs or 91 Maryland. Yep, I know now you can easily deny this so to avoid being called out. I saw part of the Looney's/Crabs game few weeks ago. It is obvious Crabs is not a 2020 team, they are 2019, deny it all you want but everyone will call bs on any denial, Also saw 91 Maryland, they have a long way to go to beat Looney's or any top 2 to 4 team. And no, I have no connection to Looney's or any Maryland team. So no need to go down that road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is built around 5 really good kids. As soon as those kids commit, the team will implode.

Yes, both teams are now much older... It's the MD way, just get older, because you'll never be better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great skills but they play dirty to try and intimidate. Whenever the ref is not looking, they step on feet, jab kids with their sticks,etc. what is even worse is how the 91 parents cheer on this dirty behavior.

I heard that the parents have a bounty system for dirty play and also horns on their heads!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush did crap like that when my son'a team played them too. It is a shame because they are talented, but to me they just looked like a bunch of punks.

Can you remember the number the punks hung up on your sons team? I bet you were too busy counting uncalled penalties to notice how good and clean their play is. It's a physical sport. Used to be played as a surrogate for tribal war. Don't cry like a baby because your son will see you whining and think it's ok. He still wants to look up to you, so don't give him weak excuses as the right response to losing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.

Are your upgrades in the form if holdbacks? Would you be willing to play in age based tournaments?

What about the kid who played on 2019 orange team last year, now magically appears on Crush roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand, most people dislike the teams they can't beat.

Actually, I don't play lacrosse any longer, my son does, so I wouldn't be beating anyone - you must be one of the parents that forgets that it's not you out on the field LOL. Unfortunately, my son's team didn't get a chance to play Looneys, but they will. When they do, I'll make sure to bring a big box of Kleenex for you ;-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Crush has holdbacks, so LI dad's can shut up now.d

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So do Looneys, Crabs, fl$, Legacy, FCA, 3D. Mad Lax, Rising Sons and on and on. That's what makes the bravado and constant chest thumping so absurd. Every top team has holdbacks. You all do it and then you beat up on teams that play by the rules and come on here and brag about it. Field a team with all age appropriate players, go run the table and then you'll have something to legitimately brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny only place Maryland teams get it done is on a message board, hey gotta win somewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So do Looneys, Crabs, fl$, Legacy, FCA, 3D. Mad Lax, Rising Sons and on and on. That's what makes the bravado and constant chest thumping so absurd. Every top team has holdbacks. You all do it and then you beat up on teams that play by the rules and come on here and brag about it. Field a team with all age appropriate players, go run the table and then you'll have something to legitimately brag about.

Which are clubs that don't have holdbacks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Crush kids do you think will reclass after this school year? Team may look very different next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, both teams are now much older... It's the MD way, just get older, because you'll never be better.

Crabs have 4 kids who reclassed to their 2020 team. 91 has two.

No difference. Plus, the world has grade based teams now - rightly or wrongly - so crying about ages is pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are right...fl$ does have 1 kid with a August 01 birthday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you remember the number the punks hung up on your sons team? I bet you were too busy counting uncalled penalties to notice how good and clean their play is. It's a physical sport. Used to be played as a surrogate for tribal war. Don't cry like a baby because your son will see you whining and think it's ok. He still wants to look up to you, so don't give him weak excuses as the right response to losing.

LOL, you are funny, actually my son (who they cry the tears about as older player, but he is not) but a few of them on their butt. Actually, one of them had to leave the game on a great cross-crease slide. They crush kids DON'T like physical play at all. However, if my son slashed a kid as he was running away (when the ball was on the opposite end of the field and no ref was looking) I WOULD BE MORTIFIED. This is the crap I have witnessed time and time again from Crush, again I will say, they are skilled, but they are PUNKS. No crying the tears here, just cold hard facts. Also, I really could care less about wins and loses in youth lacrosse, I want my son to grow up to be a decent man and whether he is on a team that wins or loses (and they win way more than they lose) is neither here nor there!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, I don't play lacrosse any longer, my son does, so I wouldn't be beating anyone - you must be one of the parents that forgets that it's not you out on the field LOL. Unfortunately, my son's team didn't get a chance to play Looneys, but they will. When they do, I'll make sure to bring a big box of Kleenex for you ;-) [/quote]

Who is your sons team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No difference. Plus, the world has grade based teams now - rightly or wrongly - so crying about ages is pathetic.

Ok, let's stop crying about it, but since it's now very much part of the game, let teams list months and year that each player was born. No names or specific dates. Shouldn't have anything to hide. Why doesn't Crabs take the lead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, let's stop crying about it, but since it's now very much part of the game, let teams list months and year that each player was born. No names or specific dates. Shouldn't have anything to hide. Why doesn't Crabs take the lead?

Couldn't agree more... Rosters should be published- period.
Many holdbacks on LI teams are age appropriate for MD teams. I'd really love to see how the 2020 landscape looks. I bet we'd all be surprised by some very old kids which we all would say are inappropriate for the grade and you'd also find some very young kids. I also bet you'd find most of the outstanding players are age appropriate because they didn't need to play down and are standing out regardless of the holdbacks. Those are the kids that will get recruited first. Talent and skill stand out.

Page 44 of 90 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard