BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 86 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlox rules! Really great on a Bagel with a little cream cheese.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not that surprising. This is the club that charges its players a fee to contact college coaches on their behalf.f

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not that surprising. This is the club that charges its players a fee to contact college coaches on their behalf.f

Not true they offer the service to anyone who wants it from outside the club. They will all answer the phone and talk to any coach that calls and asks about any player. They will also call anyone you want them to if you call them up and tell them who. I have never heard of one person paying for the service you are talking about on the website. So you think the 3 D1 2019 or 5 2018 paid for them to call those schools. AH no the colleges called them and asked about those players and then they called the parents and the parents called the coaches. So you think your club coach from your B club cold calling JHU or Maryland for free are helping your son? I would say no. You have to do the leg work for your own son this is the same for all clubs. Unless your son is a top stud player then they are knocking down doors to talk to him. He makes more money when a kid gets to play college lacrosse and he gets to put it on the website. SO why would they not help any kid from his club to sign. He will not lie to a coach and say your kid is great if he is avg. Club coaches have to keep their creditably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true they offer the service to anyone who wants it from outside the club. They will all answer the phone and talk to any coach that calls and asks about any player. They will also call anyone you want them to if you call them up and tell them who. I have never heard of one person paying for the service you are talking about on the website. So you think the 3 D1 2019 or 5 2018 paid for them to call those schools. AH no the colleges called them and asked about those players and then they called the parents and the parents called the coaches. So you think your club coach from your B club cold calling JHU or Maryland for free are helping your son? I would say no. You have to do the leg work for your own son this is the same for all clubs. Unless your son is a top stud player then they are knocking down doors to talk to him. He makes more money when a kid gets to play college lacrosse and he gets to put it on the website. SO why would they not help any kid from his club to sign. He will not lie to a coach and say your kid is great if he is avg. Club coaches have to keep their creditably.

You must be a Madlax newbie. Ask around and people will tell you that they used to advertise a "Recruiting Consulting" service. Something crazy like $200 a month for Madlax to call on your behalf. They took it down because of all the grief they got, but they still do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a Madlax newbie. Ask around and people will tell you that they used to advertise a "Recruiting Consulting" service. Something crazy like $200 a month for Madlax to call on your behalf. They took it down because of all the grief they got, but they still do it.

So they took it down. But somehow they still charge this fee. So you tell me how many people still or did pay for this awful thing that 100s of other people on the internet charge for.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So they took it down. But somehow they still charge this fee. So you tell me how many people still or did pay for this awful thing that 100s of other people on the internet charge for.

I have never heard of any club that charge its players to advocate on their behalf. Except this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never heard of any club that charge its players to advocate on their behalf. Except this club.

Good god for the last time they advocate for their players all the time. This services you are talking about was geared towards kids who did not play for Madlax but wanted them to look at there kid and call coaches for them. Or for the Madlax kid that wanted to have a locked in time frame to sit down and have him work for this one kid at a time. Once again I can promise you that Madlax advocates for their players. It would be 100% dumb if JHU called Madlax and asked about Player X do you think they would respond with Player X has not payed the extra 200$ fee so I will tell you Player X sucks. The director of any top club team has to be truthful about any players skill set. No good club owner will take money to lie and say a player is better then he is. This service you keep talking about for the 100th time was for extra info and help. There is 100s of company's online right now that do the same extra service. Just google Athletic Recruiting Consultation. You will get 100s of hits. Its not in Madlaxs best interest to not pump up and talk good about their top players. They know that the 5th grade dads looking for a team, read the commitment list page first when they are picking a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Our son played for Madlax and felt we weren't getting enough recruiting traction. We asked for help and were directed to the Recruiting Services which was an additional monthly fee. We said forget it and left for a different club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Our son played for Madlax and felt we weren't getting enough recruiting traction. We asked for help and were directed to the Recruiting Services which was an additional monthly fee. We said forget it and left for a different club.

What year was this. And has your son gotten recruiting success with this new club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love for parents with the older kids to outline what each club did to help get their kid recruited for free. I am under the impression that it really comes down to the parents to push the process. And the club coach will answer questions and give his opinion and thoughts about your sons skill level and play. But the club owner doing cold calls to D1 programs is this done and does this work? I can not see any owner not answering a phone call from any college coach at any level. You might prefer him to lie and say you son is better then he thinks he is. But that would not be smart for this club owner and his creditability.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Madlax 2022 do on Halloween against the teams from Texas and New [lacrosse]?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Trig. Glad you are back. How was Texas? Did you find a job? Are you staying put this time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Trig. Glad you are back. How was Texas? Did you find a job? Are you staying put this time?

I'm not Trig and I doubt Trig has ever posted on a forum. You have this weird obsession with him and Texas. I think he's done a couple of clinics there, but that's it.

Not sure why you have to attack people personally instead of the subject. From what I hear, there is only one club owner in the DMV that attacks people. And kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not Trig and I doubt Trig has ever posted on a forum. You have this weird obsession with him and Texas. I think he's done a couple of clinics there, but that's it.

Not sure why you have to attack people personally instead of the subject. From what I hear, there is only one club owner in the DMV that attacks people. And kids.

Ok let get back to the subject. You are saying Madlax is the only club to offer a extra recruiting service to its players and anyone else you wants to pay them for it CORRECT. So I am asking you do you think the owner does not answer the phone when a college calls. And if this college asks a question about do you have any 20?? attackman that could play for me at the D? level. I am asking you what do you think he says. I am going to tell you for a fact he is going to answer the question with the kids name he thinks fits the question. Not the kid you paid for any extra service. Also do you think club coaches cold calling colleges works? Free or for a fee. Also back to your main point the colleges call the club owners not the other way around. And this owner will answer the call and answer their questions. fee or no fee. Why would he lie or hold a kid who plays for Madlax back. You are saying he is all about the money so every kid who signs to play college lacrosse makes him more money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the owner would answer the question honestly when asked and probably does not let the fee influence his recommendation.

Two problems with the pay for advocacy option are 1) the false hope for people who have no business trying to play at the college level and 2) perception that those players have a leg up. Most of the self-advocacy information is available online and free now.

What is surprising right now is that given the success of the 2019 class, why aren't more 'elite players' staying with the club at the younger ages?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok let get back to the subject. You are saying Madlax is the only club to offer a extra recruiting service to its players and anyone else you wants to pay them for it CORRECT. So I am asking you do you think the owner does not answer the phone when a college calls. And if this college asks a question about do you have any 20?? attackman that could play for me at the D? level. I am asking you what do you think he says. I am going to tell you for a fact he is going to answer the question with the kids name he thinks fits the question. Not the kid you paid for any extra service. Also do you think club coaches cold calling colleges works? Free or for a fee. Also back to your main point the colleges call the club owners not the other way around. And this owner will answer the call and answer their questions. fee or no fee. Why would he lie or hold a kid who plays for Madlax back. You are saying he is all about the money so every kid who signs to play college lacrosse makes him more money.

But why does this guy charge extra to help his players? I've never heard of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree that the owner would answer the question honestly when asked and probably does not let the fee influence his recommendation.

Two problems with the pay for advocacy option are 1) the false hope for people who have no business trying to play at the college level and 2) perception that those players have a leg up. Most of the self-advocacy information is available online and free now.

What is surprising right now is that given the success of the 2019 class, why aren't more 'elite players' staying with the club at the younger ages?

Because the people who disagree or hate Madlax are pushing hard and doing a good job of bashing/pointing out negatives about Madlax. Also the next question is where are the young talent going? VLC,3D, Cavs, or others. There is a push to play for the club that is close to you or the one working with your NVYLL club. Or the travel team that is working with your public or private high school team. And this is what does hurt Madlax because they do take the best players from each tryout. So parents are smart why pay Madlax prices when my kid is young if he is good enough Madlax has proven they will take your son when he hits 8th grade 8th grade when it starts to count. So I would say to the young sons parents, you can play for these other clubs when they are young but when they hit the older ages be smart and tryout for any or all of the big three teams. Madlax,VLC Blackwolf. These other clubs should be smart and not hold back there best 2 to 4 players and push them at 8th grade to move up to one of these three its whats best for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for the pay for service I stated before just google Recruiting help and 100 places wanting to take your money will pop up. The rose colored glasses will always be there for parents. With or without any help. And the funny thing is have we proven that any of these services work or do not work. If they do work and your untalented kid beats out a talented kid I would say the money was well spent. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of 2019's, anyone do the UVA prospect day recently and any observations?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of 2019's, anyone do the UVA prospect day recently and any observations?

So just for my own knowledge. How many of the kids at this prospect camp where invited personally and how many where invited by a mass email that someone took as a real invite. This is not sour grapes. But my son got a invite to this and he is not UVA top D1 talent. He is low D1, D2 and D3 talent if that. Us parents need to stick together on things like this to help weed out the real interest from the money grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The prospect camps are a money grab unless, a coach specifically asks that you attend. Attending a prospect camp with 150 kids in attendence and five kids already committed does not bode well for most participants. Do the math!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the people who disagree or hate Madlax are pushing hard and doing a good job of bashing/pointing out negatives about Madlax.

Or maybe a lot of families are not opting Madlax at the younger ages because they don't see it as the best option for them? Madlax 2020, for example, is nowhere near the best 2020 team in this area. Or maybe they like other clubs better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the people who disagree or hate Madlax are pushing hard and doing a good job of bashing/pointing out negatives about Madlax.

Or maybe a lot of families are not opting Madlax at the younger ages because they don't see it as the best option for them? Madlax 2020, for example, is nowhere near the best 2020 team in this area. Or maybe they like other clubs better.

I agree but unless the other club is VLC or Blackwolf they are not playing for better or equal option. This is a fact. NOVA does not have the numbers to have more then 3 top travel teams. This does not mean there is not studs on the other clubs this just means those players or players parents like to see little Johny being the best player on the team and they love for the other parents to ask if Johny will be here this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The prospect camps are a money grab unless, a coach specifically asks that you attend. Attending a prospect camp with 150 kids in attendence and five kids already committed does not bode well for most participants. Do the math!

This was also my thought when I got the email. They like to say 80% of the kids who sign with a school attend there Prospect camp. Which is true but those kids that sign are ask to attend personally not from a cattle call email. I am sure it happens that a kid gets seen or noticed at one of these. But I think it will happen more at lower end D1 and D2 and D3 prospect camps. Because if you go to one of these schools prospect camp it means that school is one of the schools you have on your list and you are telling them you are serious about attending. But a UVA,JHU or Maryland prospect day is more of just to say you where there type thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see from the Madlax Capital website that the 2022 Capital team only has 13 players listed, did a group leave for another club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see from the Madlax Capital website that the 2022 Capital team only has 13 players listed, did a group leave for another club?

You are correct that is what the site says. But I checked the other grades rosters and they are also old and not up to date. It's the offseason the site will be correct after spring tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But all the other rosters have like 18-23 kids listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But all the other rosters have like 18-23 kids listed.

Ok you got them Madlax is folding up shop and quitting the travel lacrosse game. Or the 20 something kid who runs the website never updated it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill dude just wondering why only 13 kids. Not meant as a dig at what is admittedly the top program in the DMV. There are a number of other northern VA programs trying to get going, maybe one is getting traction at 2022. That is a good faith question, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chill dude just wondering why only 13 kids. Not meant as a dig at what is admittedly the top program in the DMV. There are a number of other northern VA programs trying to get going, maybe one is getting traction at 2022. That is a good faith question, no?

Sorry I miss took your intentions. I agree there is a lot of options at the younger ages these days in the DMV. But I would wait tell spring to do the turnout then we can come up with a theory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone has read the Deadspin article on Madlax's owner they would choose a different club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone has read the Deadspin article on Madlax's owner they would choose a different club.

isn't that the reason Madlax and Rock didn't merge?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen it all. The deadspin article was brought up on Christmas. VLC is own by the Crabs and the Blackwolf owner yells at his players like they are in a bar fight with each other. Those are the top 3 teams in NOVA. Pick your poison sir pick it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is the biggest club in terms of numbers, but many would disagree with the notion that it is the best.

There is a pattern from what I can see. The 2020 and 2021 Madlax teams did not fare well over the past year. If 2022 is having similar problems, it probably indicates that the club is losing its grip on the youth market.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madllax 2022 is good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not what 3d 2022 says.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madllax 2022 is good

Very good - 3rd best in a crazy tough NPYLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not what 3d 2022 says.

3D 2022 beat Madlax 2022 (not just Madlax MD, Madlax VA, or Madlax National)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d 2022 owned madlax capital!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d 2022 owned madlax capital!

What league or tournament?

Did 3D get a bunch of kids from somewhere?

Did Madlax lose a lot of kids to other clubs?

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 86 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard