BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ignorance catches up with you. You won't get away with it forever unfortunately your daughters will suffer. A win is a win. Case closed!!! No excuses..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed girls were not supposed to be playing which is why some teams showed awful. TG 17 never looked worse, with sideline coaches even shaking their heads. Having said that remember -those recruited still need to hit the mandated ncaa requirements for gap and sat/act tests. There is no way around that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your way too long diatribe is just ridiculous. Of course they need to address the early recruiting as it has gotten out of control. There are too many things you wrote that are ignorant and it would take too much time to address them all so I will make a few points. First how does moving the recruiting age back negatively impact anyone ? They are suggesting no contact until September of junior year, who gets hurt by this ? Your suggestion of if a college coach or player and their parents don't want to be involved in early recruiting then just don't is asinine, it's the same logic as the pro steroid users in baseball," it's their business if they want to use roofs that's up to them". Why am I against early recruiting because it did have a negative impact on my child and is now affecting my next . They are now making offers to 8th grade kids ( especially some MD players ) , if your kid is one of them there is pressure to make that decision as that spot and that offer are not open ended. If your kid is not ready to make that decision at 13-14 years old they will in fact lose out on certain opportunities so yes it can and does negatively impact those kids .

Agreed that my diatribe was long but remember, nobody forced you to read it. To some degree I am playing devil's advocate. I do think that the coaches are recruiting the girls too early but I think that the current environment will evolve and work itself out. I am not a fan of the NCAA and believe that any rule implementation will result in many unintended consequences.

I was attempting to address and counter what was written in the adjoining (previous) post.

Feel free to point out what is ignorant, inaccurate or untrue in my post.

I do not believe that I stated "moving the recruiting age back negatively impact anyone".

I did not mention anything about moving it back to september first hurting anyone. I just do not think the NCAA should have to make a rule. If 90% of the coaches want to wait then they should wait.

Why is it asinine to suggest that the coaches and players/families do not have to engage in early recruiting if they do not want to? Nobody is being forced into anything. I would say comparing taking drugs to early recruiting is asinine.

I am sorry that you feel that early recruiting has had a negative impact on your children. What was the impact? I am sure that early recruiting has had a positive impact on others.

What if the kid is not ready to make a decision in the fall of her Junior year? Are you going to advocate moving the date again? There is no perfect time. Everyone is different. Some people are ready to make the decision in 9th grade, some in 10th some will never be ready.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed girls were not supposed to be playing which is why some teams showed awful. TG 17 never looked worse, with sideline coaches even shaking their heads. Having said that remember -those recruited still need to hit the mandated ncaa requirements for gap and sat/act tests. There is no way around that.

Do you know how hard it is not to hit the minimums? The problem is that dumb kids that get walked into these schools wont be able to keep up academically especially when the coach and captains are running them 60 hours a week

Here is a note to parents, your daughter can still be a summer travel and middle school coach without going to Northwestern LOL. We all know that is the ultimate prize working for SS or CR

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares that elevate won they got lucky keeping 25 girls on team is not fair to the girls again coach k showcases his favorites

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Elevate 2018 Blue defeated M & D Black 2018, 8-6!

Thanks Elevate Coach for the update. My daughter plays on Capital and we played your team and won by about 1/2 dozen goals. Thought that Elevate would have been more competitive than that. Also, why do you carry 30 girls on one team?

M&D had none of their committed players. I am surprised the game was even that close. Elevate was ab;e to play with their full team since almost none of their 2018s are committed. Dont forget, YJ beat Eleavte by 12 goals last week and YJ and M&D have great games. That said, the team Elevate played was not the top M&D team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When my daughter went through the process the committed girls continued to play with the sole purpose of helping the girls that helped get them recruited look better. Teams should remain in tact for all of the girls to get recruited. I know that some coaches do not want to watch games with a majority of the girls already committed but it has to be a two way street for the athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know how hard it is not to hit the minimums? The problem is that dumb kids that get walked into these schools wont be able to keep up academically especially when the coach and captains are running them 60 hours a week

Here is a note to parents, your daughter can still be a summer travel and middle school coach without going to Northwestern LOL. We all know that is the ultimate prize working for SS or CR

Yet another example of jealousy and bitterness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When my daughter went through the process the committed girls continued to play with the sole purpose of helping the girls that helped get them recruited look better. Teams should remain in tact for all of the girls to get recruited. I know that some coaches do not want to watch games with a majority of the girls already committed but it has to be a two way street for the athletes.

I doubt that the parent's of the committed kids wanted to make the trip down to Florida.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was looking at results to see how all the Topgun teams made out at the tournament. Did 18 purple not go to this tournament?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was looking at results to see how all the Topgun teams made out at the tournament. Did 18 purple not go to this tournament?

TG 2018 purple was a combo team of purple and white players. They went 2-2 down in Florida. Team played better than they did the previous two weekends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were there - Bracket #36, went 2-2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess TG 17 really went downhill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt that the parent's of the committed kids wanted to make the trip down to Florida.
My daughter is committed and we went to florida for the exact reason stated above....by playing as a team and keeping the chemistry, it helps all the players look good and hopefully leads to more players committing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the story about this coach k All I hear are bad things no one says bad things about other coaches it seems like if u r smart u will stay away from team elevate and coach k

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 was always an off year for TG, black was on a purple level when compared to other age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 was always an off year for TG, black was on a purple level when compared to other age groups.

TG 17 purple went downhill when they added a white team two years ago. Third team is always a mess. Last year when they didn't get enough "yes" replies for a white team they just put the girls who did say yes on purple and carried one huge mediocre roster with B and C players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG 17 purple went downhill when they added a white team two years ago. Third team is always a mess. Last year when they didn't get enough "yes" replies for a white team they just put the girls who did say yes on purple and carried one huge mediocre roster with B and C players.

The entire club has turned Mediocre at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Committed girls were not supposed to be playing which is why some teams showed awful. TG 17 never looked worse, with sideline coaches even shaking their heads. Having said that remember -those recruited still need to hit the mandated ncaa requirements for gap and sat/act tests. There is no way around that.

My daughter is committed and we went to florida for the exact reason stated above....by playing as a team and keeping the chemistry, it helps all the players look good and hopefully leads to more players committing! [/qu

Didn't the rules state the tournament was for non committed girls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The committed players just needed to wear an arm band.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The committed players just needed to wear an arm band.
No they did not. Many committed girls there playing (maybe less than the non-committed players) and supporting their teammates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Elevate Coach for the update. My daughter plays on Capital and we played your team and won by about 1/2 dozen goals. Thought that Elevate would have been more competitive than that. Also, why do you carry 30 girls on one team?

M&D had none of their committed players. I am surprised the game was even that close. Elevate was ab;e to play with their full team since almost none of their 2018s are committed. Dont forget, YJ beat Eleavte by 12 goals last week and YJ and M&D have great games. That said, the team Elevate played was not the top M&D team.

Not true at all. M&D had their committed girls there including their McDonogh Girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the parents should be committed !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

Once SS got the Hofstra job it was all downhill

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
K

Once SS got the Hofstra job it was all downhill

not if you want to go to Hofstra!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
O

So at least half the girls that played in M&d yesterday were committed including two from Duke and their sTanford-bound goalie, among others. In the second half at one point, they had 4 attack on the field at the same time all with arm bands. Say what you want, but Elevate outplayed them yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reason Yellow Jackets would send the entire 2018 blue team to florida when only 6 left haven't committed? The lame excuse of playing as a team isn't going to cut it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any reason Yellow Jackets would send the entire 2018 blue team to florida when only 6 left haven't committed? The lame excuse of playing as a team isn't going to cut it

because All these clubs talk out of both sides of their mouths. YES your kid is important but so is winning for the franchise. Newbies follow the big committed lists and the club with the most trophies and then the lemmings in these clubs follow their leader to Florida or Colorado or...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what's your solution? Just send the 6 left? This site really attracts some stupid people!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really love the entertainment value this forum brings. It really showcases the stupidity and better yet jealousy some people have of others. I am not even a YJ parent but when my daughter competes in this hopefully next year, I hope its against the best girls in the country committed or non committed. Maybe these YJs are there now to showcase the talents of the "6 girls" who did not commit? Do you think the coaches here are that dumb and will spend time watching a kid that is already committed? I'm sure they would love to see how one the kids they have their eye does against better kids no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really love the entertainment value this forum brings. It really showcases the stupidity and better yet jealousy some people have of others. I am not even a YJ parent but when my daughter competes in this hopefully next year, I hope its against the best girls in the country committed or non committed. Maybe these YJs are there now to showcase the talents of the "6 girls" who did not commit? Do you think the coaches here are that dumb and will spend time watching a kid that is already committed? I'm sure they would love to see how one the kids they have their eye does against better kids no?

If a girl is committed I fully understand NOT attending this event. Why as a parent would I shell out probably close to $2K to play at a recruiting tournament in front of college coaches? This is an event for girls still looking to get recruited. Not to mention pulling my daughter out of school for possibly (2) days.

I like what TG does, mix up all the uncommitted girls who want to attend. Who cares who wins or loses the games. These girls are hoping they play well and get noticed by a college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe just maybe the kids have worked so hard over the years and love playing together and the parents can afford to take them either as a reward for all the hard work or as a mini "working" vacation for the family. Why does everything have to be so negative?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealousy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe just maybe the kids have worked so hard over the years and love playing together and the parents can afford to take them either as a reward for all the hard work or as a mini "working" vacation for the family. Why does everything have to be so negative?

EXACTLY! It's an opportunity for a family vacation and we jumped all over it! We have not had many opportunities the past few years for a family vacation with multiple kids playing in different tournaments throughout the summer. Besides, it's been years since we've been down to LarryMiller and the accompanying attractions. Recruiting, whatever. It was fun and it gave me another opportunity to spend more time with my daughter - who will be leaving for college in two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

EXACTLY! It's an opportunity for a family vacation and we jumped all over it! We have not had many opportunities the past few years for a family vacation with multiple kids playing in different tournaments throughout the summer. Besides, it's been years since we've been down to LarryMiller and the accompanying attractions. Recruiting, whatever. It was fun and it gave me another opportunity to spend more time with my daughter - who will be leaving for college in two years.

I totally agree, my daughter and I had a great time mixing up some good lacrosse and a little vacation!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You make too much sense, why are you posting on this site? Now please go ahead and post something negative about 10 to 16 year old girls that are playing lacrosse and trying their best before you get blocked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] I really love the entertainment value this forum brings. It really showcases the stupidity and better yet jealousy some people have of others. I am not even a YJ parent but when my daughter competes in this hopefully next year, I hope its against the best girls in the country committed or non committed. Maybe these YJs are there now to showcase the talents of the "6 girls" who did not commit? Do you think the coaches here are that dumb and will spend time watching a kid that is already committed? I'm sure they would love to see how one the kids they have their eye does against better kids no?

If a girl is committed I fully understand NOT attending this event. Why as a parent would I shell out probably close to $2K to play at a recruiting tournament in front of college coaches? This is an event for girls still looking to get recruited. Not to mention pulling my daughter out of school for possibly (2) days.

I like what TG does, mix up all the uncommitted girls who want to attend. Who cares who wins or loses the games. These girls are hoping they play well and get noticed by a college coach. [/quote

The committed kids go because they like playing. They especially like playing with their teammates and friends. They love going to Florida.They feel an obligation to help the kids get committed who helped them and do not want to abandon them to play with kids they do not know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you not even mention the recruiting or be so blasé about the main purpose that a majority of those parents are putting out the money. Then you decide to throw it in their faces - mocking them by telling them about your "family vacation" and spending time with your daughter. Not once mentioning anything about recruiting or colleges. I bet you are also one of those people who's daughter has already committed and did not even have to make that trip. Well, good for you and thank you for the refreshing outlook. There are still sane people out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far from negative, I am just sharing a different opinion on a fall tournament when it comes to committed players. I am sure many of the girls love the game and playing together with their teammates. Unfortunately not everyone can share your view economically. Let's be honest, if you add up the costs for this tournament in Florida and some of the others in Maryland it might actually might add up to the cost of the athletic money being given to many of these girls.

I look at this type of tournament as solely a recruiting event. If my daughter was committed already I would not go. Again, this is just my opinion not a negative comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what's your solution? Just send the 6 left? This site really attracts some stupid people!

Maybe you should think before you type. Those 6 girls could have played with the other YJ 2018 team that had only 3 committed players on that team. They all know each other from being on interchangeable rosters this fall. Would have been more beneficial to all no committed girls.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard