BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,603
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 73 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wheres igloo and Bluefish ? no championship game stinks. would like to see how one of the express teams stay competitive against WP. WP is clearly on another level but would be good experience for kids.

If WP plays anyone it should be the Express A team, not the other one.

No Express A team at this age. Some GC parents like to claim their 10 year olds are on an A team but it's really 2x B teams and everyone knows it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wheres igloo and Bluefish ? no championship game stinks. would like to see how one of the express teams stay competitive against WP. WP is clearly on another level but would be good experience for kids.

No Express A team at this age. Some GC parents like to claim their 10 year olds are on an A team but it's really 2x B teams and everyone knows it.

They are 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 9
yes, they were 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol GC is a lot of hold backs. So yes 10.
Ever notice most GC kids are big kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please STFU...you have no clue. All kids in GC are USL eligible.you are not allowed to play in GC as holdbacks..you have to play up...This is all nonsense and all you parents on this site should be ashamed of yourselves who spew crap abt 8,9,10 year old lax...Give your kid a hug,tell them you love them..Dont tell them they need to improve because your friends son is better than your kid and you are jealous...lol you know im right, just admit it...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please STFU...you have no clue. All kids in GC are USL eligible.you are not allowed to play in GC as holdbacks..you have to play up...This is all nonsense and all you parents on this site should be ashamed of yourselves who spew crap abt 8,9,10 year old lax...Give your kid a hug,tell them you love them..Dont tell them they need to improve because your friends son is better than your kid and you are jealous...lol you know im right, just admit it...

Are there 10 year olds on Express...yes there is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/05 usl cutoff...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone struck a nerve. Happy Thanksgiving. Good luck to all the boys Friday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially the larger ones! LOL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Especially the larger ones! LOL!

Haha...I wonder what town they are from...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine there are few 10 year olds on every team. Some parents choose to repeat a prek or similar for other reasons then this sport, believe me. Late birthdays. Learning issues. Get over it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine there are few 10 year olds on every team. Some parents choose to repeat a prek or similar for other reasons then this sport, believe me. Late birthdays. Learning issues. Get over it.

That's why we have to go age based. You say get over it because you get to brag to your buddies that you raised an athlete instead of a bully.

Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why we have to go age based. You say get over it because you get to brag to your buddies that you raised an athlete instead of a bully.

Loser

There should be a strict Jan 1 cutoff. That would be the fair way. No exceptions! Your son is 12/31? Tough luck is what I would say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I what I say to you, become president of US lacrosse and make that change. Talking about this same topic again and again is getting old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I what I say to you, become president of US lacrosse and make that change. Talking about this same topic again and again is getting old.

So now we know your son is a holdback, I guess now he's a stud. Ha, ha, the joke is on you because the kids know what is up even at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we know your son is a holdback, I guess now he's a stud. Ha, ha, the joke is on you because the kids know what is up even at this age.

you're probably right but its fun to watch the little stud dominate and rarely come off the field. Coach seems ok with it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really doubt that 4th grade parents are holding back for lax purposes. I mean cmon. There are two kids on my son's team that are 10. One is a late June birthday and one is mid July. They are at private school (two different ones) and their parents decided in pre-k to hold back. For the sole purpose of wanting their kids to be the oldest in the class, not the youngest. Can't fault them for that. I would have done the same thing
PS. Their goal in life is not travel lacrosse and a earning a partial scholarship to Hofstra.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oct/nov, they would be the youngest, not June and July.Alot of parents dress up, then play on Hallowee., lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loser

Why? It only matters when they're young. Are the playing JV or Varsity or MS ball earlier? No. Going to college earlier? No. Clearly you're obsessed with your child winning tournaments and not with his overall development as a player. He's going to play against hold backs as long as he plays lacrosse. Hold backs are often passed by when they hit 6th grade so keep your shirt on and relax for a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really doubt that 4th grade parents are holding back for lax purposes. I mean cmon. There are two kids on my son's team that are 10. One is a late June birthday and one is mid July. They are at private school (two different ones) and their parents decided in pre-k to hold back. For the sole purpose of wanting their kids to be the oldest in the class, not the youngest. Can't fault them for that. I would have done the same thing
PS. Their goal in life is not travel lacrosse and a earning a partial scholarship to Hofstra.

But that is the the point,they want them to be oldest. Then they will be dominant mentally and athletically/physically. It's a concept that catches up with them soon enough, but while that kid and his cheater parents get the edge, there are on age kids who miss out on the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did express A roll today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the people who read this thread has the power to change this sport to age based. I just don't see how talking about the same complaint thousands of times makes sense anymore. All these lacrosse players with fall birthdays seem to go away to college at 18 years old. If you do the math, they should be going to college at 17. Its not hard to figure out. So what your saying is they are all cheaters. Like I said its not changing. You can stand on your head and complain, its not changing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barely beat north. Two A teams that look like B teams! So I guess Express has 3 B teams at this grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question. Who are the A teams then after pack and taz? Cause no team comes close to either and pack plays up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But that is the the point,they want them to be oldest. Then they will be dominant mentally and athletically/physically. It's a concept that catches up with them soon enough, but while that kid and his cheater parents get the edge, there are on age kids who miss out on the experience.

How exactly are they cheating? Their kids are in 4th grade and play with and against fourth graders on a fourth grade team. When these kids are seniors are you going to [lacrosse] that they should be in college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express A has 5 kids that really can impact a game. 3-4 are from GC. They played GC town team and was only up 3-0 at half. Take GC kids off that team and put them with their town friends it's a diff story...if you have something negative to say to that you can eat it...you are a B team. Don't play wP or Taz. U will lose every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry kids will catch up with puberty. That's a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would classify WP and Taz as high "A" tier teams with WP well ahead. I would than classify as the Express teams as lower "A" teams, along with Igloo, 91 Combo, and Longboards. The other travel I would classify as solid "B" teams.....mama boys, Sharks, bluefish, true blue, etc. All town teams are pretty much "C" teams whe. We are measuring team talent as a whole. Again, nothing wrong with being in any of these groups. It's all about the development of the boys at this point, but it's pretty obvious that WP and Taz are a step ahead. Those other "A" teams are good solid teams. I think eval is pretty fair. You should note I am not a WP or Taz Dad. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about tri state 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Barely beat north. Two A teams that look like B teams! So I guess Express has 3 B teams at this grade

Ha. So yes sounds like they rolled. Don't be a hater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How exactly are they cheating? Their kids are in 4th grade and play with and against fourth graders on a fourth grade team. When these kids are seniors are you going to [lacrosse] that they should be in college?

Ok, it's not, johnnie's a stud. He's so much bigger than the others, it must be because of his parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask a question. Who are the A teams then after pack and taz? Cause no team comes close to either and pack plays up.

Ok, let's make Wolfpack a AA so all the others can be A teams. Sound fair?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would classify WP and Taz as high "A" tier teams with WP well ahead. I would than classify as the Express teams as lower "A" teams, along with Igloo, 91 Combo, and Longboards. The other travel I would classify as solid "B" teams.....mama boys, Sharks, bluefish, true blue, etc. All town teams are pretty much "C" teams whe. We are measuring team talent as a whole. Again, nothing wrong with being in any of these groups. It's all about the development of the boys at this point, but it's pretty obvious that WP and Taz are a step ahead. Those other "A" teams are good solid teams. I think eval is pretty fair. You should note I am not a WP or Taz Dad. Lol

Ok, which Express team is the A, aren't they all A? That's what they told my at tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion they are both A teams. They have both won the majority of their games in the tourneys they play in. Like I said, WP and Taz have proven to be much stronger . Are there only two A teams? I think that analysis was a fair one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to see those 2 teams play each other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be a great game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not all town teams are C. There are town teams that can play with all the A&B teams mentioned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be a great game

Which two Express v Express or Pack v Taz? We have seen the latter and it wasn't pretty for Legacy.

The concern for Express is that the bubble bursts one way or another. Then someone can't say they are A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion they are both A teams. They have both won the majority of their games in the tourneys they play in. Like I said, WP and Taz have proven to be much stronger . Are there only two A teams? I think that analysis was a fair one.

No such animal, even the exceptional teams like 2022 United or 2020 Orange still have to claw their way out of the shadows. And those are some of the best B Teams around, yes they play like A teams but ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what I witnessed yesterday Schwalje is the A. Then North and O'Rilley are B. No way they are all A, they look like they are starting to play the game the right way, but that doesn't make you an A team.

Page 30 of 73 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard