BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah look at who express north beat Canadians , crabs and sweet lax.in previous tournaments .Had coaches at every game. They play equal time to. Oh and they win .

Express North is the best 2019 team I've seen play this Fall. No ball hogs, all hard working players who play as a team and win as a unit. Coaches want to see players who can win in a team environment. Fact. Let's all take a page form their playbook and start playing as a team not a bunch of showcase attention seekers.

I'm sure we'll see their players start committing soon.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw names of some of the kids they say "Dazzled" at the Philly showcase .My son played against some of these names and I hope some of these kids were impressive in their other games because the game I was at they didn't do much. Even these writers seem to be politically motivated. what a joke some of the things written. I'm sure most kids are outstanding but to read this stuff it should be in the comic section. Half the kids are mentioned every time or they leave the name out one showcase and then put it in the next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the LI express down in Philly ?

That bracket was brutal. All very good, VERY physical games.

Some might say thats a good excuse. Only thing, THEY WENT 0 FOR 3

Isn't HHH a town team? Did the top team lose to a town team?

no, Big4 HHH is a pretty damn good club team in PA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw names of some of the kids they say "Dazzled" at the Philly showcase .My son played against some of these names and I hope some of these kids were impressive in their other games because the game I was at they didn't do much. Even these writers seem to be politically motivated. what a joke some of the things written. I'm sure most kids are outstanding but to read this stuff it should be in the comic section. Half the kids are mentioned every time or they leave the name out one showcase and then put it in the next.

I have an older kid whose class and what you wrote is correct. Those blurbs are usually written before the games are played and are often just scribed straight from club coaches trying to market kids. Soon enough the spoilage of early recruiting will play out. My oldest is a junior at an ACC program and he said to me just this past weekend how unimpressed he was with the 2016 recruits after fall ball. Two star players and then all bench players. The market will adapt. Encourage your son to keep playing and keep playing well. It eventually comes around. BTW, I think you'd be shocked at how much the sentiments have turned against the lacrosse recruiting media pair of guys...with some college coaches. Right now it is a real struggle to filter and evaluate the avalanche of kids who all want to play college lacrosse, and the guys trying to do it have been burned quite a bit already by the club hypsters and the media guys they use to get their kids placed. One of the reasons it has reached comic book proportions is the same 20 somethings who play in the MLL or NLL are either club coaches or college assistants to make money. So the mutual reliances have led to some misleading data and to disastrous results. Consider that my son plays at an ACC school that is very much in the NCAA mix, and they are stuck with 9 kids in their freshman class who can't even hang in practice to give the first line a good run. It will correct itself sooner rather than later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have an older kid whose class and what you wrote is correct. Those blurbs are usually written before the games are played and are often just scribed straight from club coaches trying to market kids. Soon enough the spoilage of early recruiting will play out. My oldest is a junior at an ACC program and he said to me just this past weekend how unimpressed he was with the 2016 recruits after fall ball. Two star players and then all bench players. The market will adapt. Encourage your son to keep playing and keep playing well. It eventually comes around. BTW, I think you'd be shocked at how much the sentiments have turned against the lacrosse recruiting media pair of guys...with some college coaches. Right now it is a real struggle to filter and evaluate the avalanche of kids who all want to play college lacrosse, and the guys trying to do it have been burned quite a bit already by the club hypsters and the media guys they use to get their kids placed. One of the reasons it has reached comic book proportions is the same 20 somethings who play in the MLL or NLL are either club coaches or college assistants to make money. So the mutual reliances have led to some misleading data and to disastrous results. Consider that my son plays at an ACC school that is very much in the NCAA mix, and they are stuck with 9 kids in their freshman class who can't even hang in practice to give the first line a good run. It will correct itself sooner rather than later.

100% false statement, and I'm a guy who despises early recruiting and thinks the Ty Xanders of the world carry too much weight.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously either a club guy or a defensive parent. Fact: 2016s who just finished fall ball were one very heralded class on my son's team. Coaches are numb over how many of them just can't play. Nearly all of this class committed either summer before 10th grade or at latest early 10th grade. The outcomes were a DISASTER. Expect a lot of coaches seeking to counsel kids to decommit by way of telling them where they stand as HS seniors. Coaches can always go recruit more and fix mistakes, and that is what they are starting to do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% false statement, and I'm a guy who despises early recruiting and thinks the Ty Xanders of the world carry too much weight.

So what is the false statement then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're obviously either a club guy or a defensive parent. Fact: 2016s who just finished fall ball were one very heralded class on my son's team. Coaches are numb over how many of them just can't play. Nearly all of this class committed either summer before 10th grade or at latest early 10th grade. The outcomes were a DISASTER. Expect a lot of coaches seeking to counsel kids to decommit by way of telling them where they stand as HS seniors. Coaches can always go recruit more and fix mistakes, and that is what they are starting to do.

I think the smaller D1 schools will actually do well over the next few years because of this..They have and will end up with kids who fell thru the cracks for the wrong reasons and are better then a lot of the early commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what is the false statement then?

That the blurbs are written before the event and ghost written by club coaches. That is pure fabrication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, we played Laxachusetts and were outclassed and outsized......They were strong and talented!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought it was interesting that NONE of the kids on Edge got mentioned from the Sunday Philly tourney even though that team went 3-0, and their closest game was a 3 point win over Eclipse (they also smoked Patriot and Madlax by 6 or 7). They had a few studs, between the two twins (G and the A who was built like a keg but finished like a beast), a few strong mids and a big poles. But i guess since Cormier wasnt there, the others didnt warrant any kudos??

I will say the did get some of it right. The A from Colo they gave the MVP on Sat was pretty lights out that whole day, and the laxachusetts kids who got mentioned were well deserved. The twins from GA were dominant on Sat in the showcase, but a bit less so once they got into more of a team game on Sunday. But they are HUGE and athletic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lacrosse marketing media is funding and run by the club programs, yes I said funded. Much like the old Soviet Propaganda days. I hope this isn't news to any of my Comrades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, we played Laxachusetts and were outclassed and outsized......They were strong and talented!

...and older...I spoke with one parent who mentioned all the turnover from last years club...lots of 2018s who got cut last year, now on that team (odd reclass time?)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who played them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought it was interesting that NONE of the kids on Edge got mentioned from the Sunday Philly tourney even though that team went 3-0, and their closest game was a 3 point win over Eclipse (they also smoked Patriot and Madlax by 6 or 7). They had a few studs, between the two twins (G and the A who was built like a keg but finished like a beast), a few strong mids and a big poles. But i guess since Cormier wasnt there, the others didnt warrant any kudos??

I will say the did get some of it right. The A from Colo they gave the MVP on Sat was pretty lights out that whole day, and the laxachusetts kids who got mentioned were well deserved. The twins from GA were dominant on Sat in the showcase, but a bit less so once they got into more of a team game on Sunday. But they are HUGE and athletic.

There were kids on teams that won a few games or just one or none that are also very good players but don't get mentioned.. All the top kids aren't on just 4 or 5 teams they
keep mentioning. Colleges will get burnt if they follow these leads only. I think in the end they are smarter then that. best kids will shine whether they have a certain helmet or not. I would rather my kid play on team that competes evenly with their competition instead of blowing teams out. Imagine playing goalie on a top team but hardly getting any shots on you..it becomes a waste of time for them.same for defense on a top scoring team..you could play defense from the sidelines in some of these games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Edge lost to Express North recently but shouldn't be mentioned as a 2019 team since the entire team is 2018 HS grad year at best. That's why no one mentions their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as an FYI to all of you, these rankings and ratings mean absolutely zero. Clubs pay these guys to write up their kids and their teams. College coaches know who to watch and who not to watch based on their conversations with high school and club coaches, not some 25 year old kid who never played the game who started a website so hes now considered an "authority". Of course it goes without saying that the kids on the list are good players and probably deserve to be there anyway but there are so many talented kids out there that arent being recognized because of what helmet they wear and where they come from. If your kid is on the list thats great but if not, dont sweat it, its not representative of anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about the face off battle. What a great event, sure some kids wernt there and one who was played during the day, green helmet, and did really well was noticibly missing for the x event.

Either way class and sportsmanship were displayed, I am sure those boys all know each other pretty well anyway.

On a separate note, would love to know what those that went thought about the ages of the boys. Me I thought 1/3 the kids were 14 the 2/3 16.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 2019 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't matter who the top teams are anymore..Its about getting your son to the next level.. How he does is all that matters now. Selfish yes but the truth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This past weekend I heard how many teams miraculously got better. These teams also had many boys receiving accolades (warranted or not) but me I couldn't help but think let me look up these kids. I had a sneaky suspicions many were not on age. One in particular. To me it looked as if 2/3 of the players were older. A few in particular stood out not really because of their play but size. they were good don't get me wrong but, just but...

Then vwala... a simple Google shows their original age and my suspicions correct. SMH. remember like coach T said the internet doesn't hide everything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't matter who the top teams are anymore..Its about getting your son to the next level.. How he does is all that matters now. Selfish yes but the truth

Agreed, the only reason you should want to know this is if you are playing against a better team.. that is all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and older...I spoke with one parent who mentioned all the turnover from last years club...lots of 2018s who got cut last year, now on that team (odd reclass time?)

Turnover and increase in size on that team is amazing. Played them in summer and again this fall--two different teams.
What happened to the other kids? Number of summer starters replaced by obviously older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no particular order; 91, Edge, Crabs, Laxachussetts, LI Express N., Madlax, LI Express, FCA and at least one team from the HHH/Dukes complex. I don't know enough about NXT, 3d, or WCS to include their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nuts to leave Steps and Patriot out of that list.
Both have beaten several of the teams listed plus all of the 3D teams, fl$, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the allstar game I watched an attackman draw a triple team and somehow score with a one-handed shot. His whole dodge took place with his head down and one hand on his stick. The defensemen (and his teammates, 3 of whom were wide open with their sticks up looking for the ball) knew there was no way he was passing. On my Son's team, playing like that would result in a dressing down from the coach and some time on the bench. Ironically, this attackman was heralded in a post game recap. I hope tgat the college coaches see what I see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both have beaten several of the teams listed plus all of the 3D teams, fl$, etc.

Raise your hand if you play for the top tier version of the aforementioned clubs and you have lost to Steps or Patriot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Raise your hand if you play for the top tier version of the aforementioned clubs and you have lost to Steps or Patriot.

I saw Patriots get crushed in their first game on Sunday in Philadelphia..what team beat them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the tryout process although cold had some good competition - if you have the $$ and time it is a good experience. If you make it to the 2nd round, games are really good. Are politics involved, maybe who knows, if you go in with a who cares attitude your son will get something out of it. Hard play by many top players. if you go to Richmond kids loved it as an experience with the other LI boys bonding as a team. gets your kids coached by some good coaches and they can make a friend from their.

if you are not on a top 5 team in the country, could be your first exposure to college coaches on a first

Thanks so much, that was helpful. I think he will tryout, it sounds like a good experience for him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them both beat HHH, fl$, 3D two weeks ago. I don't know about last week. I think Patriot beat Schwalje.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them both beat HHH, fl$, 3D two weeks ago. I don't know about last week. I think Patriot beat Schwalje.

Patriot is not in this conversation
Last week, doubled up by Edge, tied Eclipse (who is not close to this convo) and lost by 1 to Madlax who was missing a slew of guys playing elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last week, doubled up by Edge, tied Eclipse (who is not close to this convo) and lost by 1 to Madlax who was missing a slew of guys playing elsewhere.

Patriots were dominated by Express North as well. Off the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought so...you can't lose to top teams by 7or 8 goals and think you are very good ..I can see losing by 3-5 goals because you try to make a comeback and things get a little out of control..but that's it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read the Philly show case review. Sounds the same as the other ones, just plugging in a few more names and going back to old ones mentioned earlier in the fall.very funny.whoever said comical had it right. Starting to think if I have the guy $100 how good he could have made my son look..just joking but probably not far off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read the Philly show case review. Sounds the same as the other ones, just plugging in a few more names and going back to old ones mentioned earlier in the fall.very funny.whoever said comical had it right. Starting to think if I have the guy $100 how good he could have made my son look..just joking but probably not far off

I think it costs more than a $100, and make sure you pay by check so he doesn't lose your kids name in the pile. Noticed an edit to the list with an add-in name. Obviously he missed a payment and had to go back and update.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the tryout process although cold had some good competition - if you have the $$ and time it is a good experience. If you make it to the 2nd round, games are really good. Are politics involved, maybe who knows, if you go in with a who cares attitude your son will get something out of it. Hard play by many top players. if you go to Richmond kids loved it as an experience with the other LI boys bonding as a team. gets your kids coached by some good coaches and they can make a friend from their.

if you are not on a top 5 team in the country, could be your first exposure to college coaches on a first

Thanks so much, that was helpful. I think he will tryout, it sounds like a good experience for him!

Let me second the OP - very fun, well run event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone advise , how many 2019 Bluefish teams there are?
Feelings on the organization?
How is top team, if more than one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone advise , how many 2019 Bluefish teams there are?
Feelings on the organization?
How is top team, if more than one?

They have 2 teams, one is a low A probably, the other is a money making team. If they are asking you to join either team it's because they don't want to turn down the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In no particular order; 91, Edge, Crabs, Laxachussetts, LI Express N., Madlax, LI Express, FCA and at least one team from the HHH/Dukes complex. I don't know enough about NXT, 3d, or WCS to include their teams.

You left out Sweetlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left out Sweetlax.

Edge is a 2018 team playing in 2019 division, so they are disqualified IMO.

Top 2019 teams: Laxachusets, Sweetlax, LI Express North, Mesa Fresh, Crabs, Dukes/HHH, LI Express, 91.

If I were to rank them: Mesa Fresh, LI Express North, Laxachusetts, FCA, Team 91, Sweetlax, Crabs...... Just based on what I have observed over the last month.

Page 27 of 47 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard