BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: How to Get Your Student-Athlete Noticed by Colleges
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My two cents for whats its worth. My son recently committed to a D1 school and I would say we were a pretty typical case. My son identified about 5 D1's and some D3's as well that he was interested in and began contacting those coaches his freshman year. To me the most important parts of this process were communication, video and support from his HS and club coaches. The school that picked him up identified him through one of the highlight videos we sent, contacted his HS and Club coach and requested that he come to their prospect day. He happened to have a very good prospect day and two days later they were on the phone with his coaches requesting that he come for a visit right away. One week later he did his overnight visit and we met with the coaches the following day where they made him an offer, which he decided to take. So I would say to anyone going through this process, make sure you are being active throughout the process, these coaches are not going to come to you unless your son is one of the rare kids that stand out physically and academically, but as we all know those kids get scooped up pretty quickly. Go to the big showcases as much as you can, send out your highlight videos, email the coaches with updates and grades, and have your HS and club coaches follow up. Dont get sucked in by all the money grabs and as much as possible go to the prospect days at the schools that your kid is interested in. Hope this helps, good luck to all!

good post and good luck thanks...what year is your son now?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To highlight your son/daughter on a Mac using iMovie (assumes you have some knowledge of iMovie):

Trim down your highlight video to whatever you want the coach to see.

Split each individual highlight at the spot where you would like to circle your player. (Highlight the initial section in yellow, go to "Modify" and then "Split Clip". That will split the clip into two sections.)

Click on the initial frame of the second part of the Split Clip so that you see the frozen image that you want to add the circle to). Then go to "File", "Share", and then "Image". Name it whatever you want, and then save it to the desktop (or wherever you know where to find it). That will save a still photo of the image you see in the iMovie window.

Open the image you just saved. This should bring it up in Preview. In Preview, go to "Tools", then "Annotate" and then "Oval" (or whatever shape you want to use). That will drop a red oval on the photo, which you can move and re-size however you want. Mine comes up red, but you can change the color if you want.

When you've positioned the oval over your player where you want it, just close out of the photo. The photo will be saved in the same spot you created it, but with the oval inserted in the photo.

Go back to iMovie, and then drag the photo you just created into the spot created when you split the highlight into two sections. You will be "dropping" the photo in between the two sections.

Then you can reduce the amount of time the photo will be frozen on the screen by clicking and dragging the left or right edge of the photo -- mine defaults to maybe 4 seconds, and I shrink it to under 2 seconds.

Repeat with each highlight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a 2018. He committed about 3 weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know a good company that will edit video for us if we have the footage on our camera?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually made a "video" with Imovie about a week ago. I cant seem to get the circle like you stated. I was able to highlight the clip in yellow and split it, however I cant seem to get to the next step. When I go to File up top there is no option for share or image for me to save. Would this be done from the top toolbar and not in Imovie. Any help would be much appreciated. I think I am very close...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually made a "video" with Imovie about a week ago. I cant seem to get the circle like you stated. I was able to highlight the clip in yellow and split it, however I cant seem to get to the next step. When I go to File up top there is no option for share or image for me to save. Would this be done from the top toolbar and not in Imovie. Any help would be much appreciated. I think I am very close...

I just double checked, and "Share" should be in the drop down menu under "File". "Image" should then be in the drop down menu under "Share".

I'm using iMovie 10.1. Could you be using a different version? The menu options likely change for some updates. If "Share" isn't under "File", maybe you can find it in another place on your version of iMovie. Maybe it's called "Export" or something.

The concept is to find a way to take a picture of the frame of video that appears in iMovie. Once you get that picture and save it somewhere else, the rest should be no problem at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just double checked, and "Share" should be in the drop down menu under "File". "Image" should then be in the drop down menu under "Share".

I'm using iMovie 10.1. Could you be using a different version? The menu options likely change for some updates. If "Share" isn't under "File", maybe you can find it in another place on your version of iMovie. Maybe it's called "Export" or something.

The concept is to find a way to take a picture of the frame of video that appears in iMovie. Once you get that picture and save it somewhere else, the rest should be no problem at all.

And all of these drop down menus are in iMovie 10.1. I'm not leaving iMovie to create the still photo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you . I just saw I am using imovie "11. version 9.0.4 so I guess it is an older version. I will continue working with it. Thank you for your help

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard