BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 42 1 2 3 4 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of girls tried out for legacy. I would say about 75 is correct. I know I seen about 8 TG girls . SL had a great turnout. Many girls that can play. He made 2 pretty good teams last year at the 2020 age group. This year it will be even better.
I think emails will be going out by this Friday or Tuesday the latest next week. Hopefully SL will send them sooner.
Good luck to all the girls. They really did do a great job at tryouts .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of girls tried out for legacy. I would say about 75 is correct. I know I seen about 8 TG girls . SL had a great turnout. Many girls that can play. He made 2 pretty good teams last year at the 2020 age group. This year it will be even better.
I think emails will be going out by this Friday or Tuesday the latest next week. Hopefully SL will send them sooner.

There are some girls who will go to 3 or 4 differernt tryouts.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I had heard that Express girls was in disarray...but figured if MC was running things, and if he is serious about girls side, then it may portend good things....don't know anyone who had a daughter play for Express, but maybe they are serious about the focus on girls..tough to write a check though and find out the hard way that it will still be the same..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The TG girls were there for a reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The TG girls were there for a reason.

And that reason maybe?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black is done. 2020 Strongest year from that club and they went from 1or 2 in age group to bottom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black is done. 2020 Strongest year from that club and they went from 1or 2 in age group to bottom

I agree now a B level team if that. Even the latest team shuffle and theatrics can't save it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea they lost 3 games by a total of 4 goals in the last two years. The sky is falling!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG moved some girls to black from purple. They should of taking some girls that deserved to be there based on skill....not , who you know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone get any emails yet from Legacy tryouts?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black lost a few players. The best player left for YJ. Who I have seen play and really is a great player. Does anyone know why some of these girls left? Just curious. I know they had a really good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea they lost 3 games by a total of 4 goals in the last two years. The sky is falling!

That's untrue. They lost more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're delusional,Team is nowhere close to where it used to be. All B level players except for 2 or 3 who they are jumping over backwards to make happy so they stay. If or once those leave, that will be the final nail in the coffin. wake up and take the tainted goggles off. You need more than 2 good players to make a team successful and they just don't have that anymore. The team is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG moved some girls to black from purple. They should of taking some girls that deserved to be there based on skill....not , who you know.

One that was moved is friends with the PAL guy from a neighboring town, He knew his daughter's spot was on the line and she was going to be moved down, instead of having that happen, he made the call to bring the kid up to make sure his kid spot was safe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One that was moved is friends with the PAL guy from a neighboring town, He knew his daughter's spot was on the line and she was going to be moved down, instead of having that happen, he made the call to bring the kid up to make sure his kid spot was safe.

That is happening at every age group. Girls are leaving in bunches because they are tired of not being told the truth. Outside of 2018 black, there is no really good A team anymore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is happening at every age group. Girls are leaving in bunches because they are tired of not being told the truth. Outside of 2018 black, there is no really good A team anymore

How good is 2018 black really? They avoid playing good teams, and when they do, what happens? What was the score at u15's final? And it could have been run up even more. 2020 was the one true top team TG's had, that was 2 and 3 years ago, dwindling away at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what seems to be going around is that SL told everyone,Come down and try out. I think we might be onto something here where girls actually teying out and getting a fair call on where they belong.
You either belong on the team or you don't. This is the ONLY way a club can truly have a good team with out all the crap.
Good talent at legacy tryouts. All the girls kicked butt.GOOD LUCK to all the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls are promised a lot and get nothing. As long as that check gets mailed in by the 14th is all that matters. Offering an extra practice as if it's free when the fees were actually raised to cover it. And how about real coaches? Not college kids and hs grads. They will not see another dime from me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what seems to be going around is that SL told everyone,Come down and try out. I think we might be onto something here where girls actually teying out and getting a fair call on where they belong.
You either belong on the team or you don't. This is the ONLY way a club can truly have a good team with out all the crap.
Good talent at legacy tryouts. All the girls kicked butt.GOOD LUCK to all the girls.

Exactly! Not who's your friend, not who gives you year end gifts, not who threatens to leave. An actual tryout based on skill. Too much BS and politics at TG and people are finally waking up and seeing the light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other's hot headed dad threatened to leave to go to Legacy all summer. Guess word got back and to keep his $$ they accommodated him and bumped his kid up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So lets see if I have this correct.... A guy is going make a call and ask for a favor to have a kid from the Purple team pulled up to Black to secure his daughters spot that is questionable on Black? That doesn't make sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG black lost a few players. The best player left for YJ. Who I have seen play and really is a great player. Does anyone know why some of these girls left? Just curious. I know they had a really good team.

Three girls left the team. One left for YJ, The other two are not playing travel lacrosse next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't have to make sense. I agree this is true,sad but true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did see a few TG girls at Legacy try outs. Some were TG black. I think EVERYONE HAD TO TRY OUT so you either made the team/s or not. No b.s. (Just my opinion)
I do like the Coaches they have at Legacy. Good luck to the girls they all played hard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your daughters know how crazy you people are ? I bet most of them could care less what team they are on and just want to play without all the drama

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong showing at the Legacy tryout for this age group. 75+ girls and a lot of talent and relentless hustle. Great jobs ladies! Good Luck!

Any girls trying out from other clubs top teams , if so what clubs.Good coach at the 2020 age and he did a lot considering a first year program and most of the team came from other clubs b team .

B c d e.. Let's just say it is pretty obvious quite a few kids may have been overlooked.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Anyone have knowledge of Elevate's playing time? How are they on spreading field time around (supposing of course that the player is worthy of the team to which they've been accepted)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you use the last 2 years shows you know the team is heading in the wrong direction. The funny thing is I know several of the parents on that team and all are nice people but delusional. Each and every one of these parents have told me the same story SS has come to them and told them their superstar player is leaving so now their daughter must step in a fill her shoes because she can see that type potential in their kid. Wake up she has told that same story to almost every parent left. The team will never beat a top level team again and will not be in the top 5 in the age group on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your daughters know how crazy you people are ? I bet most of them could care less what team they are on and just want to play without all the drama

If you don't think that the girls care what team they are on then you are the crazy one. Girls are crushed when they are cut from a team they have been on for years

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I do agree about girls being "crushed" when they don't get picked for team they were on--went thru it ourselves..but they are pliable and crave friendship and good teammates above all else..so they hopefully can find a program where they get the combo of development and friendship--although that combo is getting tough to find nowadays..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.., every kid playing cares or should care . If they don't care where they are placed then what are their goals ? My daughter keeps trying to improve. If she were to be cut or not make a team.. She would be crushed. Especially this year. A lot of talent at Legacy tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.., every kid playing cares or should care . If they don't care where they are placed then what are their goals ? My daughter keeps trying to improve. If she were to be cut or not make a team.. She would be crushed. Especially this year. A lot of talent at Legacy tryouts.

My kid was one of those that tried out for Legacy and we are waiting on the emails. If she makes either of legacy teams blue or teal then we are gone no second thoughts. At this point Legacy Teal is now equivalent if not better than TG Black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any news on emails from Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you use the last 2 years shows you know the team is heading in the wrong direction. The funny thing is I know several of the parents on that team and all are nice people but delusional. Each and every one of these parents have told me the same story SS has come to them and told them their superstar player is leaving so now their daughter must step in a fill her shoes because she can see that type potential in their kid. Wake up she has told that same story to almost every parent left. The team will never beat a top level team again and will not be in the top 5 in the age group on LI.

I'm glad all the TG parents confide in you and discuss their conversations with you. You are a special person apparently

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email won't be going out until Friday at the earliest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't think that the girls care what team they are on then you are the crazy one. Girls are crushed when they are cut from a team they have been on for years

Your right , they should care where they are placed , but not for the reasons the parents care about. I have 2 daughters and they have experienced the ups and downs of competitive sports. Daughter 2 was moved down from one team to another. She was crushed. Why ? Because she would not be able to compete with her teammates, and most importantly her friends. They will not as a team be able to improve on past experiences and enjoy success in situations that maybe in the past were seen as failures. ( winning after losing ). Daughter 1 turned down opportunities to move from her original team to a clubs so called "A" team for a similar reason. She wanted to compete with her teammates and friends and not play in games that in most cases were predetermined. The best way to improve as an athlete is experience some failure and look to improve from it. Simply running to another team may make the winning easier but will help improve the athlete. So should they care, yes, but for the right reason and not just the bumper sticker

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right , they should care where they are placed , but not for the reasons the parents care about. I have 2 daughters and they have experienced the ups and downs of competitive sports. Daughter 2 was moved down from one team to another. She was crushed. Why ? Because she would not be able to compete with her teammates, and most importantly her friends. They will not as a team be able to improve on past experiences and enjoy success in situations that maybe in the past were seen as failures. ( winning after losing ). Daughter 1 turned down opportunities to move from her original team to a clubs so called "A" team for a similar reason. She wanted to compete with her teammates and friends and not play in games that in most cases were predetermined. The best way to improve as an athlete is experience some failure and look to improve from it. Simply running to another team may make the winning easier but will help improve the athlete. So should they care, yes, but for the right reason and not just the bumper sticker

Many of the girls are tired of working hard and watching inferior girls get moved up for whatever reasons the club seems fit to tell them. This is not limited to any particular club. It happens at every club in existence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad all the TG parents confide in you and discuss their conversations with you. You are a special person apparently

Apparently you are one of the parents that was given the speech about how your daughter was the next "it" kid and she would be paying special attention to her and you believed it.Sorry you got your hopes dashed but essentially your kid will now be playing on a B level team . Actually I am jealous as my kids team is going to be brutally competitive this year and she is going to have to work her butt off to earn playing time , maybe I should move to TG so she can also be one of the "it" kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM
Anyone have knowledge of Elevate's playing time? How are they on spreading field time around (supposing of course that the player is worthy of the team to which they've been accepted)?

I had a daughter on 2020 Blue and everyone had equal playing time. They also had a ton of extra practices and fun things like team dinners in the winter and Lax Olympics with prizes. We had a very fun year. This was my daughters first summer team ever, she recently chose to focus more on lacrosse rather than play soccer as competitively year round. The only slight negative I took out of it was that they only played 4 tournaments, but next year they switched to 5 summer tournaments which is great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by strongARM

I had a daughter on 2020 Blue and everyone had equal playing time. They also had a ton of extra practices and fun things like team dinners in the winter and Lax Olympics with prizes. We had a very fun year. This was my daughters first summer team ever, she recently chose to focus more on lacrosse rather than play soccer as competitively year round. The only slight negative I took out of it was that they only played 4 tournaments, but next year they switched to 5 summer tournaments which is great!

Had a great time on 2020 Blue. Playing time was equal up until big playoff games. At that point, the best 15 girls got a majority of the time. My daughter was actually not one of those 15, but she still saw time on the field.

Page 2 of 42 1 2 3 4 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard