BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Glad to hear most kids going back to Revo. I know the there are three that are not going to be there. If they were to loose five or six players ,[lacrosse] if any team was to lose five or six players it's tough to replace top talent. That's what I think the guy or gal was referring to with the revolution comment. At least that's what it sounds like to me. When you start bashing kids that tells me your a coward. That's real nice. Your an a**. Just call me if you have something to say so we can talk like gentlemen and not hide behind the web. Feel free anytime. Your a peice of sh** carma is a [lacrosse]. You'll get yours. These are so call friends you.know for years.

The truth is kids come and go from every organization. It happens every year. Some kids need a fresh start to try and get back the love for the game. kids don't mesh sometimes or grow apart so then it's time to move on. There should be no hard feelings either way . Consider it a lesson learned on both end. Just not sure what players Revo lost from last years team that people are talking about?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...a little early to be getting into it boys, wait till afternoon and I'll hold your coats...sounds like Revo had it's troubles, probably why I saw so many at Bluefish...every organization has it's issues, TB seems like it's in it's death throws, fl$ on weaker ground ( their own doing I hear ), Igloo and Tomahawks are weaker still... the common denominator here? Everyone wants to stack the deck in their kids favor, musical chairs with teams in order to find the perfect spot...the kids suffer the consequences...to much instability at this age level other than Express and 91, and unless your kid is an ace, they risk getting buried their...save your money and try the showcases this year then let the freshman coach tell you where to play next summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on Bluefish? Seems a little high $1750 for 10-12 practices? Can’t beat what Revolution offers throughout the year? Think people would change over? Not sure which team my son would make….just looking and trying to make right decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True every team has issues that's for sure but to bash kids is not the way to go. I couldn't care less what kid and from what team. Whatever happened in the past is over with. Kids move on to different teams as we all know. The problem I have is stop talking about the kids. Never heard anything bad about kids from the organization. But there is always some moron that has to go there without the facts. There is two sides to every story that's true. It's a situation that the coaches need to handle as well as the parents. Why bad mouth the kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole Chaminade/Garden City war that fl$ has initiated is only going to help Express. Why do you think there were so many kids at their tryouts. Anyone attending or thinking of attending Chaminade has to be wary of fl$. I guess they are content to make it a de facto Manhasset HS organization,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, talk about programs not kids. every team will have turnover and have kids that don't gel anymore. that is why people leave to go to other teams and I wish all the players good luck.

lets just try and remember that they are still kids(14 years old) and it should still be about the kids developing and having fun.

Good Luck to all teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1750 sounds a little high but at least the tourney fees are part of the price, correct? equipment package looked good too...helmet AND gloves, or helmet AND equipment package ( they hadn't decided ). Some teams don't include tourneys fees and charge more...Gloves are usually extra..there will be some extra costs once your roped in, off season training at the bubble and such...I'll consider it seriously...the kicker will be the training, and location...these guys had an army of young coaches at the tryouts, younger coaches relate better, older coaches know more, could be a nice mix, practices at Hofstra, this would be pretty nice...only one way to find out...saw ALOT of talent at the tryout, so maybe some decent level of play by next summer, some decent team showcases...that's what I would wanna hear about, but looks good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on really. Trying to make revo sound like its so great for the money. What if your kid doesn't make either? Oh wait your kid is already on revo. Nice try but people aren't stupid. You have to look at the whole picture. Who runs the organization? Are parents involved? Are the coaches adults or are they kids in college? Where do they practice? If your kids a goalie, do they have training? Middies and attack always have training. Who is the guy coaching defence? Your paying the money so you should ask them these questions. If you need some questions answered about revo I will be more then happy tp help you out. All I could do is be honest with you because others are going to give you a line of crap and tell you what you want to hear. I'll try to help out as best as I can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on really. Trying to make revo sound like its so great for the money. What if your kid doesn't make either? Oh wait your kid is already on revo. Nice try but people aren't stupid. You have to look at the whole picture. Who runs the organization? Are parents involved? Are the coaches adults or are they kids in college? Where do they practice? If your kids a goalie, do they have training? Middies and attack always have training. Who is the guy coaching defence? Your paying the money so you should ask them these questions. If you need some questions answered about revo I will be more then happy tp help you out. All I could do is be honest with you because others are going to give you a line of crap and tell you what you want to hear. I'll try to help out as best as I can.

Thank you great OZ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1750 sounds a little high but at least the tourney fees are part of the price, correct? equipment package looked good too...helmet AND gloves, or helmet AND equipment package ( they hadn't decided ). Some teams don't include tourneys fees and charge more...Gloves are usually extra..there will be some extra costs once your roped in, off season training at the bubble and such...I'll consider it seriously...the kicker will be the training, and location...these guys had an army of young coaches at the tryouts, younger coaches relate better, older coaches know more, could be a nice mix, practices at Hofstra, this would be pretty nice...only one way to find out...saw ALOT of talent at the tryout, so maybe some decent level of play by next summer, some decent team showcases...that's what I would wanna hear about, but looks good

It all sounds great....biggest question is the extent to which these college players and coaches will be actively engaged in the Spring as well as the Summer. Their season starts in Winter and runs into Spring. In the Summer doesn't Tierney have to be out on the recruiting trail himself attending showcases, etc.? It will be interesting to see if they can juggle it all and make the thing successful.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, that Manhasset thing was pretty obvious from the 2020 tryouts, fl$ not worth the money they charge anyway, even by GC standards, mostly play in obscure tourneys they have their name on and that they have a hand in the till...let's see how fair getting into bed with the 'Set' gets you...wood stick awaits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Developing and having fun at 14. Not anymore guy. It's unfortunate but now it's about showcases and getting on a team that has connections. Also a very good team where if you go to a showcase you don't get embarrassed. I wish it was fun for my son but it's about college now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really guy. So tell us is your son a scholar and a great athlete. If he is then I don't think your kid will have a problem getting into any school he chooses. You can easily send highlight film from his highschool games to any college he wants to attend. If they like him they will find him. Just be realistic when you judge you childs talent. Remember it's only going to help him get into a school that maybe he would not of been able to get into.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He makes a good point. Many people don't ask questions and just go along with everybody else. If you know your child then some of these questions are important to you as well as your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
played them, whatever they did with the defense worked cause that was strongest part of their team from what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with revo so if your kid is trying out and want some info I will be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have honestly. Two sides to every story.
. I was with Revo sounds like you are no longer. I hope your side isn't the disgruntled side, and remember "carma" works both ways. If are still with the team or not good luck in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True defence is probably strongest part of thr team. Think it always has been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does your son want to be when he get older?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I like about bluefish is the people behind the organization. They are well know in the lax world and I'm sure they know how to put thUtS2Ssis program where it needs to be. So paying a little more may be the best thing. If I had to choose I would give the edge to bluefish. I don't know who runs revolution but I don't think the names are as big as bluefish. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything on revolution on this site. Anybody know why? Are they a new team as well? I didn't see anything on the BOC last year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know what team your son will make but can say Revolution team has a solid track record and plays at a high level already. Personally I would go there as logic says they will have a better resume for their showcase applications. That also means it might be more difficult to make that team so good luck.
Does anybody have any thoughts on Bluefish? Seems a little high $1750 for 10-12 practices? Can’t beat what Revolution offers throughout the year? Think people would change over? Not sure which team my son would make….just looking and trying to make right decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kid wont get recruited..you think the director wants to show other colleges and universities that he will play during the season his kids that he has on his team. he wont go to any events with coaches there. he want the kids for his program.people wake up and get a clue..$$$$$$ grab. Asst coach even said at the tryout if i know we would get this many boys to tryout i would have done this 2 years ago. $$$ grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys what showcases are important to you!? Go to that showcases web site and see if your team is on their list. If not, at the very least question it!

I also don't think you need to do 3 fall tourneys, keep it at 2 team showcases and train, train, train; maybe hit up a few (2) select school "invites" sessions.

I hope some of the directors realize you can get some great friendly's going.

Btw - the team with the biggest shift this upcoming season probably isn't even known to the masses yet. So relax and let the chips fall where they may.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this person should not even bring his son to revolution if he's not a very good player because revolution is playing at a high level. Wow I guess you told him where to go. I guess that other guy was right about the organization. Now I know why they were trying to trash kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one at revolution was trashing any kids from last year. It is someone stirring the pot who heard hear say stories. Because they don't want certain kids to go to revo. They want those kids for their team. Its all a ploy to try and make an organization look bad. All good people associated with revo. Good parents and coaches who care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I like about bluefish is the people behind the organization. They are well know in the lax world and I'm sure they know how to put thUtS2Ssis program where it needs to be. So paying a little more may be the best thing. If I had to choose I would give the edge to bluefish. I don't know who runs revolution but I don't think the names are as big as bluefish. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything on revolution on this site. Anybody know why? Are they a new team as well? I didn't see anything on the BOC last year either.

Are you talking to yourself as you write and answering your own questions..comical..think before you write it might help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this person should not even bring his son to revolution if he's not a very good player because revolution is playing at a high level. Wow I guess you told him where to go. I guess that other guy was right about the organization. Now I know why they were trying to trash kids.

Why do you keep writing pretending to be a different person each time. It gets old real quick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like people are getting a little upset. Hey this is great. How come noone is answering any questions? I'm really interested to read whats going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you not read what was said. It's someone from your organization. Stop trying to cover things up. I thought all the kids are coming back so who could be taking or trying to take your kids. Talk about kids like that. Thanks guys for being standup people. Why to take a teammates back. That's loyalty at it's best. Still haven't answered questions yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you not read what was said. It's someone from your organization. Stop trying to cover things up. I thought all the kids are coming back so who could be taking or trying to take your kids. Talk about kids like that. Thanks guys for being standup people. Why to take a teammates back. That's loyalty at it's best. Still haven't answered questions yet.

can you repeat the question again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster said they would go to TEAM REVOLUTION, but it might be more difficult to make the team. My interpretation was the worthwhile road is sometimes the more difficult road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it was someone from an organization someone was interested in going to. Many people are aware of what takes place within other organizations. Sometimes players play on various teams during the year as well and run into those players in other places.......the only thing you should be sure of is that you shouldn't be sure of anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made alot of friends and hope to remain friends with some not all. To not go to bat for another friend who's kids were trashed. Friends don't do friends like that. As for your last comment I have no clue why someone from another team that they don't play for gas anything to do with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what ,people get a kick out of doing stiff like this to other people and it aint right. People try to play games and get each other to start something between teams and individuals which is is not right. Try to keep iton the up and up and no kids..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show you what a person woulddo to stsrt crap. This person could not answer any questions. Just trying to get people to have an argument.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Just goes to show you what a person woulddo to stsrt crap. This person could not answer any questions. Just trying to get people to have an argument.

Please stop posting one post after another. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What top level showcases are this fall and following summer? I understand many of these showcases are money grabs and aren't necessarily helpful to being recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we did 3d last year outside LarryMiller...not sure how many college coaches were at that one, but my son had fun, learn some stuff from the coaches, met some kids and got to test himself against cream of the crop players...all in the Florida sun on Super Bowl weekend...I suggest you make whatever showcase your looking to do a multipurpose weekend and get something else out of it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What top level showcases are this fall and following summer? I understand many of these showcases are money grabs and aren't necessarily helpful to being recruited?

This fall: Freshman Philly Showcase
Summer: maverick show time, Jake Reed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This fall: Freshman Philly Showcase
Summer: maverick show time, Jake Reed

All 3 of these showcases need coaches reco's...Best of Luck And Jake Reed sends out invites as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told that igloo can't field a team for 2019 this year. Is that correct I thought they had a solid team last year, what happened? First they cancel the 2018 team and now no takers for 2019. what about the kids that were at the tryouts and were told they will have a team.

Page 5 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard