BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks sachem north coaches. way to let our boys play in 2019 division this weekend. some of them are just going into seventh grade. this is what I paid for I guess you'll tell us right? great lesson for the boys to spend the weekend getting embarrassed. it teaches them nothing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commack charges $1000+ to play travel. HS coach runs it. Dont really get anything out of it. Pootly run. BUT feel pressured to play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does one feel pressured to play summer lax or spend $1000 doing so

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Because they think the coach will remember years later when their kid is on the bubble of making varsity. The fiction is the coach will be loyal and reward those who have supported his summer program over the years. Conversely, if your kid doesn't support the coach's program he will be "blackballed" and unable to play varsity. Having been through this in a major lacrosse town, all I can say is we did not find that to be true. In our town the best kids play. Period. Nobody remembers all the checks you wrote when some other kid comes along, having never played in the summer program, and is just flat-out better. And as you might have guessed, I am in the category of someone who wrote lots of checks and then saw my son passed over for a new kid that was objectively better. It is what it is.....just be an educated consumer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they think the coach will remember years later when their kid is on the bubble of making varsity. The fiction is the coach will be loyal and reward those who have supported his summer program over the years. Conversely, if your kid doesn't support the coach's program he will be "blackballed" and unable to play varsity. Having been through this in a major lacrosse town, all I can say is we did not find that to be true. In our town the best kids play. Period. Nobody remembers all the checks you wrote when some other kid comes along, having never played in the summer program, and is just flat-out better. And as you might have guessed, I am in the category of someone who wrote lots of checks and then saw my son passed over for a new kid that was objectively better. It is what it is.....just be an educated consumer.
Amen!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is getting worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son played for WI and they charges 200 or 250 to play in 4 travel tournaments. The only need to charge 1000. is to line someone's pockets

Let's hear it. Who's High School team has a summer travel program run by the high school coach and what do you pay to play?
The idiots at Sachem north are charging $950 for the summer. and people are dumb enough to pay. they're afraid their kids will get black balled once they start playing in school. all of them are afraid. u gotta see the parents. there's a line of them trying to shake the coaches hands at tournaments and practices and kiss up. If their kids are good enough to play varsity lax when the season starts they'll get plenty of playing time. u don't have to play summer lax for $950. that's absurd. these coaches are getting greedy. lining their pockets and interfering with the start of football practice. that's how selfish they are. so if your kid plays football and is a starter on that football team he's forced to make a choice. play summer lax which means nothing or miss football practice and lose out to a kid who wants his position. it's just ridiculous. for all u football parents who's kids r playing summer lax.....don't complain when your kid isn't getting much football playing time in games come the fall. keep lining the lax coaches pockets. brilliant idea.

Please tell me what club team you can play on for the summer for less than $950? I would be very interested in having my son try out for that team and saving some money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son played for WI and they charges 200 or 250 to play in 4 travel tournaments. The only need to charge 1000. is to line someone's pockets

Let's hear it. Who's High School team has a summer travel program run by the high school coach and what do you pay to play?
The idiots at Sachem north are charging $950 for the summer. and people are dumb enough to pay. they're afraid their kids will get black balled once they start playing in school. all of them are afraid. u gotta see the parents. there's a line of them trying to shake the coaches hands at tournaments and practices and kiss up. If their kids are good enough to play varsity lax when the season starts they'll get plenty of playing time. u don't have to play summer lax for $950. that's absurd. these coaches are getting greedy. lining their pockets and interfering with the start of football practice. that's how selfish they are. so if your kid plays football and is a starter on that football team he's forced to make a choice. play summer lax which means nothing or miss football practice and lose out to a kid who wants his position. it's just ridiculous. for all u football parents who's kids r playing summer lax.....don't complain when your kid isn't getting much football playing time in games come the fall. keep lining the lax coaches pockets. brilliant idea.

Please tell me what club team you can play on for the summer for less than $950? I would be very interested in having my son try out for that team and saving some money.

For this poster and the person who responded with the 875 TLI fee after this....Curious if this is all inclusive? Tourney fees included?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For this poster and the person who responded with the 875 TLI fee after this....Curious if this is all inclusive? Tourney fees included?

The Sachem North fee of $950 was all inclusive for 6 tournaments and two practices a week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
covers everthing but winter workouts. that's usually another $300. worth the price of admission.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people I spoke with were happy with the Sachem North Club. The issue with the 2020/21 team being forced up into the 2019 Division was more a MYLACROSSETOURNAMENT.COM issue, but I guess the organization takes the blame as they went along with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island Lacrosse 6 tournaments, many practices with no hidden costs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
school in the middle of the county charges 650 4 practices 3 tournaments . all play(even if they cant)

coach does not play to win. wish my kid played for a school where the best played and you had to fight for your spot against a kid of equal or better talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem Sachem is having is that they make up their own prices and put pressure on these families to pay them. They try to justify the price compared to travel teams. They do not practice and compete year round as the travel teams do but want you to think its the same thing. Trust me, its not. They are looking to have their tuition cover for three months, not a year.

Some families can pay and others cant but they put the squeeze on the community as a whole. It should be regulated as they put hard working families in an unnecessary stressful situation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It needs to end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am tired of seeing all of these town programs claim they are different than travel. They are all FOR PROFIT LACROSSE PROGRAMS just like all of the other TRAVEL programs including Sachem, Sachem East, Smithtown, etc. It seems some of these guys have got together at sachem and PRICE FIXED registration at $475.00 from 1st grade through 5th Grade for four tournaments and some practices with prices escalating from there. These kind of programs do not consider the family that can't afford that. The youth programs charges a little more that $100.00 for the PAL season but they want to charge $475.00 for a couple of months over the summer. What these coaches are doing is taking away opportunities for kids in their own community to play, not creating them.

They bully the parents and youth of the community to join or as the email says from the varsity coach they will get someone to take your place if you don't play with them. Although it has nothing to do with the schools OR DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR they want you to feel if you play outside of the community its bad and you will be punished OVER THE SUMMER.

This has nothing to do with youth organizations, this is about creating a second income for these coaches and their assistants. Don't believe me ASK YOUR TOWN FOR ITS NON-PROFIT STATUS. I bet you not one of them can do it. My problem is at least you know what you get with those guys. The hIgh school coaches bullying parents and kids want you to think they do this out of the kindness of there heart. lol.

If you play for travel during the school year and miss something that would be different but over the summer. Its over the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the Athletic Directors in these districts turn a blind eye to this?

I am tired of seeing all of these town programs claim they are different than travel. They are all FOR PROFIT LACROSSE PROGRAMS just like all of the other TRAVEL programs including Sachem, Sachem East, Smithtown, etc. It seems some of these guys have got together at sachem and PRICE FIXED registration at $475.00 from 1st grade through 5th Grade for four tournaments and some practices with prices escalating from there. These kind of programs do not consider the family that can't afford that. The youth programs charges a little more that $100.00 for the PAL season but they want to charge $475.00 for a couple of months over the summer. What these coaches are doing is taking away opportunities for kids in their own community to play, not creating them.

They bully the parents and youth of the community to join or as the email says from the varsity coach they will get someone to take your place if you don't play with them. Although it has nothing to do with the schools OR DURING THE SCHOOL YEAR they want you to feel if you play outside of the community its bad and you will be punished OVER THE SUMMER.

This has nothing to do with youth organizations, this is about creating a second income for these coaches and their assistants. Don't believe me ASK YOUR TOWN FOR ITS NON-PROFIT STATUS. I bet you not one of them can do it. My problem is at least you know what you get with those guys. The hIgh school coaches bullying parents and kids want you to think they do this out of the kindness of there heart. lol.

If you play for travel during the school year and miss something that would be different but over the summer. Its over the top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My school has you all beat. WM charges $1250 for 4 tourn.'s. 1 of those 4 is a tourn. they ran so just imagine how much money they walked away with. It is a shame the school board allows this and doesn't see it as a conflict.

There were barely any coaches at these tourn' s and the only thing worse then this summer season was watching the parents behavior with the coaches

On a side note, in the spring the kids have to sell $200 dollars worth of cards to help out with cost of coaches on the HS varsity and JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My school has you all beat. WM charges $1250 for 4 tourn.'s. 1 of those 4 is a tourn. they ran so just imagine how much money they walked away with. It is a shame the school board allows this and doesn't see it as a conflict.

There were barely any coaches at these tourn' s and the only thing worse then this summer season was watching the parents behavior with the coaches

On a side note, in the spring the kids have to sell $200 dollars worth of cards to help out with cost of coaches on the HS varsity and JV.

Same thing happened at Smithtown, school board shut it down. Greed destroyed the youth program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is what is happening with all of our youth programs in Suffolk County.

I think I am sending notice to mine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say yes. If parents don't complain they will let it continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were complaints in my town, AD didn't do a thing about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were complaints in my town, AD didn't do a thing about it.

There is a very clear conflict of interest. It is hard to believe that if parent concerns were brought to the attention of the BOE and the superintendent that this would continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these coaches are taking advantage of their positions as EDUCATORS. If they did it the right way they wouldn't have to intimidate anyone with the idea of that if they don't pay these outrageous fees to pay for the school team over the summer they would be blackballed by the school. There is no regulation on any of this. Sachem you better get prepared because this is going to the the Board of Education, Superintendent as the AD may be involved too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop your crying. If your kids good enough he will play. Its that plain and simple. No one seems to worry about the coaches and their commitment. The time and effort spent in putting a good product on the field is a difficult task. Having the kids play together from the same high school is a great thing for cohesiveness and seeing who is who in game situations. Should the coaches do it for free. Do you work for free. Don't think so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop your crying. If your kids good enough he will play. Its that plain and simple. No one seems to worry about the coaches and their commitment. The time and effort spent in putting a good product on the field is a difficult task. Having the kids play together from the same high school is a great thing for cohesiveness and seeing who is who in game situations. Should the coaches do it for free. Do you work for free. Don't think so.

No they should not work for free, however charging $800 -$1200 per kid to to participate in a weak program is riducles. 100 kids sign up, do the math. Total money grab and depending on the coach, many feel threaten if they do not participate. It needs to stop. AD's and above need to stop this nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK coach. Do these kids not all play together on the HS Team? Do you not have enough time during the season to build cohesiveness? Give it a rest already, there is a definite conflict of interest and now an element of greed. There is also collusion with local youth programs and other HS coaches. Many HS coaches have been vocal about their distain for the clubs and their desire to regain control. Coercion also exists at the youth and HS levels in certain towns. Yes, in most cases the best player will play, that is why you see the top kids go play for the top clubs. The parents of the boy being recruited by Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia don't have a lot to worry about because they will play no matter what. The next tier players on the team who would like to play for a club feel tremendous pressure to play for the town. I my town parents don't even try to hide the fact that they play for the town because they think it will give the player an advantage. The [lacrosse] kissing by some is really out of control.

Are town youth coaches and HS coaches still trying to tell the "Stud" rising 9th and 10th graders not to play for a top club team? If so, it also needs to end. There are approximately 200 rising 10th grade college commits. Very few if any were recruited through their Town/HS Team. If you look at the top academic/athletic D1 programs they account for 170 or so commits. Just about every one of those kids plays for a top club. I'm sure it was the same way for the rising 11th graders and maybe even for the rising 12th graders. Maybe 5 years ago things were different but that is the reality of today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all if your kid is the next tier down in your town, they aren't making the A or AA club teams. They are probably better off staying in town and getting playing time because the studs are playing outside on top clubs. Also, be careful what you wish for. 6 or 7 high school head coaches from top LI programs have just aligned themselves with the LI Outlaws by being appointed to their board. Let's hope this doesn't become the trend. If so, instead of paying 900-1000 to your coach, you can pay $2400 to the outlaws our another club so your son can play on a B or C team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all if your kid is the next tier down in your town, they aren't making the A or AA club teams. They are probably better off staying in town and getting playing time because the studs are playing outside on top clubs. Also, be careful what you wish for. 6 or 7 high school head coaches from top LI programs have just aligned themselves with the LI Outlaws by being appointed to their board. Let's hope this doesn't become the trend. If so, instead of paying 900-1000 to your coach, you can pay $2400 to the outlaws our another club so your son can play on a B or C team.

Exact thing happened in my district. Didnt last long. Coach didnt last long either. Total load! For his good deeds this club made him a coach for one of their spin off money grabs. Hoping that he is not destroying the love of the game for some fifth graders too. Hhope no of you spent money to have your kid play club and got this bozo. Total dead fish!

Like Reply Quote
S
Sachem Lacrosse
Unregistered
Sachem Lacrosse
Unregistered
S

Your are clearly misinformed and making assumptions in your post. These programs were born out of the community demand for a low cost affordable option to expensive club lacrosse. If you would like to see the cost sheets we will send them to you, please email us directly at sachemrising@gmail.com which you could have done before posting this. Facts-16 summer practices is not a "few". Have you looked at the price of entry fee's? Not cheap!! and this is where most of the cost go to. A decent uniform to show some town pride versus a beat up practice pinny again... not free. So after all that where is all the PROFIT you claim these coaches are making?? AVERAGE club cost range from $1800-2500. The tournament program starts at 3rd grade again not first as you mention. We do offer a K-2 instructional program for $75.00 Do we wish we could offer all of this for free? YES, but with 1k entry fees at some of these events that's not happening.

Look at the perennials on the top of the Suffolk County standings every year... The all have 1 thing in common TOWN PROGRAMS! Northport, Smithtown, 3 Village(WM). This is a direct quote from a newsday article "We grew up together. We've run that play since kindergarten," Bucaro said.

Sorry if you do not see the benefit of these programs, and you have zero town pride but if you have further questions our contact information is in the post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of these coaches are taking advantage of their positions as EDUCATORS. If they did it the right way they wouldn't have to intimidate anyone with the idea of that if they don't pay these outrageous fees to pay for the school team over the summer they would be blackballed by the school. There is no regulation on any of this. Sachem you better get prepared because this is going to the the Board of Education, Superintendent as the AD may be involved too.

All Proper permits and field usage applications were submitted and approved. AD is aware of the program as it has been running at the HS level for a decade. HEAD COACH MAKES ZERO!! Not 1 penny. He coaches to coach... that's it. If you were around the program you would know not all kids play summer, it is not mandatory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID - Thank God someone on here states facts not fiction!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WELL SAID - Thank God someone on here states facts not fiction!

No, The fact is: There is a clear conflict of interest.

Players and their family should feel free to choose where they play in the off season without pressure from self serving youth coaches and league directors as well as High School Coaches who are profiting from a town HS summer team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's plain and simple these high school coaches are being put on boards of travel teams based on promises to bring their players to the team. So now a high school coach is obligated to bring players over or not get paid by the travel club. 100% conflict of interest and school AD'S should be made aware of the silent strong arm tactics of these coaches. You don't follow me to the club team you might not play in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not misinformed. I can tell by your email you are either a sachem coach or one of his henchmen. Why email your cost sheets? Just post them on here. Reality is the people that post and read this thread would be cut them to shreds and the real truth would be exposed. I would dare any program to do that, especially you Mr. Sachem Rising. Truth is you guys don't do those $1,000.00 tournaments, Those are real travel tournaments. The ones your program are entering are closer to $500.00. A Sublimated uniform is $50.00 but a pinnie is probably more appropriate for summer to be honest. Uniforms are for PAL season.

Town pride has nothing to do with paying $500.00-$1,000.00 for a summer sport as you referenced. That mentality is the problem and conflict with these types of programs in town lacrosse throughout Suffolk county. If you don't play for us you have no town pride? Really. I can show you many athletes that play elsewhere in the summer that plenty of town pride.

Town pride is charging closer to $100.00 and letting parents run the program is it has been done in the past. Long Islanbd has produced many athletes doing it that way.

I am sure you can find a summer league under a $1,000.00 but it doesn't need to be in the range of $500.00 - $1,000.00. All Suffolk County programs weren't founded on some varsity coaches charging ridiculous amounts and demanding that they play for them or else. Don't try to dispute it. It is occurring right now all throughout the county.

It's not the idea that's bad, its the ridiculous amount of money that you are trying to charge for it. You don't need to dispute it. Put your cost sheet on the board or just stay quiet. I will say that to any program. Let the people decide. Good Luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are crazy. There are travel programs charging $3500+ and several others in the $2800 range. Other "committed" town teams are $1800+ (e.g. GC). There are a lot of things you can say about conflicts in this area. However, you have s weak argument if you are trying to make the case that these Sachem frees are shockingly high.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are crazy. There are travel programs charging $3500+ and several others in the $2800 range. Other "committed" town teams are $1800+ (e.g. GC). There are a lot of things you can say about conflicts in this area. However, you have s weak argument if you are trying to make the case that these Sachem frees are shockingly high.

WHO IS 3500? YOU ARE MAKING THAT UP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, my argument is very simple.

SHOW US THE COST SHEETS OR STOP POSTING TO THIS THREAD. ALL OF THESE HIGH SCHOOL STAFFS ARE PREYING ON THE YOUTH LACROSSE PROGRAMS INCLUDING SACHEM. WHO REGULATES COACHES SALARIES AND OR STAFFS/HELPERS. A LOT OF MONEY BEING MADE ON THE KIDS.

The coaches want you to believe something else and I love the line the community is demanding it. What community is demanding to pay these coaches? Not mine or yours, just the coaches. Remember this, All Americans were produced long a go before these coaches started getting involved in youth programs. Sachem Rising, how did they ever survive without you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo charges $3500 for their yearly programs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard