BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the Express Teams in the 2019 age bracket, who coaches the AA the A and B teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone explain the Express Teams in the 2019 age bracket, who coaches the AA the A and B teams?

Why does the guy from Kellenberg even coach the top team? He loses his best players to St A's and Cham every yr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team r u referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
Our 2019 Try Out has 110 Kids registered as of 530am sat. Online Registration will close at 7pm tonight. Walk ups are welcome. We will be fielding 3 Teams at this age
Thanks PB

110 is a big number, the $ should be rolling in, but that number doesn't mean success. Last year Legacy had great numbers and talent at their tryout a but did not perform up to expectations. This team doesn't have a core to build with like 91, Express Outlaws or the other supposedly better programs did when they started. Hopefully all the big names will be around enough and the team is successful enough to warrant the high price to what you get, (or think you're gonna get) ratio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Con't......,,,It's too bad that lacrosse has gotten to this point....,very expensive, being told that to get recruited you need to have those certain contacts when it really comes down to your players ability. Heck, we even pay for try outs when it is the teams that should be courting the players, my son didn't pay to try out for his soccer team. If this keeps up Lacrosse will become too expensive for the regular family to participate. Can you say oligopoly?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Con't......,,,It's too bad that lacrosse has gotten to this point....,very expensive, being told that to get recruited you need to have those certain contacts when it really comes down to your players ability. Heck, we even pay for try outs when it is the teams that should be courting the players, my son didn't pay to try out for his soccer team. If this keeps up Lacrosse will become too expensive for the regular family to participate. Can you say oligopoly?

The difference that I see in tryouts for soccer and lacrosse, is that soccer first and foremost, is run by the mom and pop volunteer clubs and it is informal and come to a practice and tryout. For lacrosse, the clubs do what amounts to clinics to see the kids and there are usually 3, 4 or 5 dates. If they didn't charge people would use them as clinics and go for the training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish having 3 teams at 2019 is a blatant money grab, better let people know what they will be getting for all that money...and still haven't heard a word about who will be coaching top team...you want top players to take a chance, better let them know who they will be taking it with

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bluefish having 3 teams at 2019 is a blatant money grab, better let people know what they will be getting for all that money...and still haven't heard a word about who will be coaching top team...you want top players to take a chance, better let them know who they will be taking it with

Hey, genius.. Have you thought of asking Bluefish? Duhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope all these team evaluators realize most of these boys are coming off a week and a morning of freshman football tryouts...dead legs will abound...last week was probably the freshest they'll see them, because next weekend will be worse...keep it in mind guys, should have done your 40 yard times last week...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope all these team evaluators realize most of these boys are coming off a week and a morning of freshman football tryouts...dead legs will abound...last week was probably the freshest they'll see them, because next weekend will be worse...keep it in mind guys, should have done your 40 yard times last week...

Love it...so most lacrosse players only play catholic league

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays football in pequa, football has been going on for 3 weeks now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and not every kid that plays lax is a football player either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No a lot of kids are dropping football now chasing the lax dream. Pathetic!! Play more then 1 sport guys u will all burn out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The shame of what I know is Many of the top players arent playing football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

The difference that I see in tryouts for soccer and lacrosse, is that soccer first and foremost, is run by the mom and pop volunteer clubs and it is informal and come to a practice and tryout. For lacrosse, the clubs do what amounts to clinics to see the kids and there are usually 3, 4 or 5 dates. If they didn't charge people would use them as clinics and go for the training.

You are wrong about soccer there are quite a few serious clubs, lax is simply out of control.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You are wrong about soccer there are quite a few serious clubs, lax is simply out of control.

I am not wrong.. there are only a handful (one hand) of "serious" clubs in soccer and they are the for profits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top athletes should play multiple sports, it's what made them top athletes in the first place…but it's all the coaches who say they want a well rounded athlete but not at the expense of HIS particular sport…to many off season commitments…travel lax now playing full load of fall tourneys, so football kids are made to choose…guess, what... when they come back in the spring, they are still the top athletes…give these kids room to breathe…my kid couldn't wait for football to start, but lax tryouts right in the middle of football tryouts has him doing two a days (yeah, I know all about the publics being back awhile already, keep your pants on), lets take a step back and think this stuff over, either have them after the season in August or after tryouts, you'll get a better look…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's nothing wrong with for profits, second soccer is much bigger. Most towns are fielding several teams at the mid to lower age groups which enrollment wise rival the numbers of some of the big Lacrosse clubs. Also, many of these guys have been doing this over a period of decades....how many lacrosse clubs can say that?

I am not wrong.. there are only a handful (one hand) of "serious" clubs in soccer and they are the for profits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told there were less then 20 players at the True Blue tryout, anyone know if this is true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think more kids looking at the bluefish and team revolution at this point. Went on team revolution website and they are saying they are going to some fall showcases. And for summer it says at least 3 showcase tournaments. Not bad. I know they had a pretty solid team last year. And heard Malave is head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does the guy from Kellenberg even coach the top team? He loses his best players to St A's and Cham every yr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He needs to coach the top team in something . Can't do it at Kellenberg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told there were less then 20 players at the True Blue tryout, anyone know if this is true?

Low turnout Surprising? no.

Saw notable TB players at Express and Bluefish.
Also expect to see several at Revolution tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sold on the website. Be careful they lost some really good players from last year. I heard they were key players. Revo may not be the same. They don't appear that strong of a team to compete at showcases especially if they lost five or six of their core players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

Going the same direction as the Jesters?
Remember them?
And what they did to the kids on last years team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 20 at TB but not many. Decent talent, Coach will be Catalonotti from Adelphi.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sold on the website. Be careful they lost some really good players from last year. I heard they were key players. Revo may not be the same. They don't appear that strong of a team to compete at showcases especially if they lost five or six of their core players.

What team? Revo or another team, heard some others may not have teams or competitive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kellenberg will surprise this year...need a few years to attract the talent, freshman class has notable players from all top teams...give them time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revo did not lose 5 or 6 top players. Maybe 1 might leave. The other 2 kicked off team because of attitude problems. So good luck to a team that took them. They are not worth the headache.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Revolution already has a couple of showcase invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Revolution already has a couple of showcase invites.

Which showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 20 at TB but not many. Decent talent, Coach will be Catalonotti from Adelphi.

Cat in.... Are B V and B C still coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

Going the same direction as the Jesters?
Remember them?
And what they did to the kids on last years team?

Amazing changes in lax for this age group over the past 3 or 4 years

TB split from Jesters
Revolution split from TB
Inception and demise of LIT Blue Sharks
Demise of Jesters
Inception of BlueFish
LI sharks will form team
legacy, outlaws and 91 seem rather stable
fl$ fight with Chaminade - new Manhasset tryout connection
Weak turnouts at TLI tryouts and TB tryouts
Weak turnout at Igloo and demise of team in this age
Large tryout populations at express, bluefish and revolution

That said, with the scattering of good players from fl$, Igloo, True Blue, and LIT BlueSharks, we can expect many changes in some A and AA level teams at Express, Revolution, Legacy, and Outlaws. Don't expect too many defections from 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you get your info, what key players left? That group plays as a team and always has, never relying on individuals. Last year any time they were without any "key" players they did fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with revo so if your kid is trying out and want some info I will be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have honestly. Two sides to every story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know those initials sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish had great talent and a ton of kids. 3 teams for 2019. TB had decent talent, little over 22 kids. Revolution had about 90 kids. Talent was there but dropped off dramatically. Saw multiple dropped balls and kids without a left hand. Also hearing 3 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny when one of the kids scored seven goals at a tournament nothing was said. Just goes to show people what some people on the team say about you when your not there. These are the same people that are your teammates. Watch your back cause it could be your kid that they want to blackball next. The two of the kids from revolution were the ones who, with others made the team what they are. They went to e new organization to help put it on the map and that's what you get. Beware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to hear most kids going back to Revo. I know the there are three that are not going to be there. If they were to loose five or six players ,[lacrosse] if any team was to lose five or six players it's tough to replace top talent. That's what I think the guy or gal was referring to with the revolution comment. At least that's what it sounds like to me. When you start bashing kids that tells me your a coward. That's real nice. Your an a**. Just call me if you have something to say so we can talk like gentlemen and not hide behind the web. Feel free anytime. Your a peice of sh** carma is a [lacrosse]. You'll get yours. These are so call friends you.know for years.

Page 4 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 6 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard