BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Winter League
LILAXER Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What are the Winter league options for elem school grades in suffolk. Roughly, when do they start and what day of the week to they play their games.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Winter League
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by LILAXER
What are the Winter league options for elem school grades in suffolk. Roughly, when do they start and what day of the week to they play their games.

Thanks

my kids have played in
The Hub in Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Thanks

my kids have played in
The Hub in Syosset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

my kids have played in
The Hub in Syosset

This may have been the worst league my kids ever played in The HUB facility is nice but the leagues are awful. Rent space somewhere and practice - the league at the HUB is a total joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hub league is awful. Going anywhere else. Stay away. You have been warned!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hub is under new management again.Summer league was ok but most teams were made up with walk ons

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hub is under new management again.Summer league was ok but most teams were made up with walk ons

All of what you say about the Hub may have been true but a few weeks ago the facility was transferred to new ownership. The new owner is someone that I have personally known for many years and he has a stellar reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

All of what you say about the Hub may have been true but a few weeks ago the facility was transferred to new ownership. The new owner is someone that I have personally known for many years and he has a stellar reputation.

He treated the Hurricanes horribly. Wouldn't even turn on the lights for the team and the fields were empty. Now they have the Gladiators.... joke!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

He treated the Hurricanes horribly. Wouldn't even turn on the lights for the team and the fields were empty. Now they have the Gladiators.... joke!!!

Who is he? The new owners just purchased it. They have nothing to do with anything that happened there.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
The previous owners were a horror. I have to agree. That said, I have spoken with the new owner via telephone and he comes off a nice, reasonable, mellow gentleman. I hope to meet him within the next few weeks.

The Hurricanes last Winter from my seat, was a f'ing horror.

I expect that this year they will get it together...I would also point out to multi-sport families, that I am told that the Hub is adding an Ice Hockey rink...that should be huge, as youth hockey is huge.

I spoke with the new owner, Moussa Sy, of the former Coastal Indoor facility in Hauppague about using his wood floor for basketball, roller hockey, and volleyball, but he is a soccer guy so I don't know if he will take advantage of these other youth sports.

Anyway, let's cut the Hub some slack as they didn't buy this business just to [lacrosse] it up, they want to be good youth sports citizens....beside, Heather Hoffman will always help you out...tell her Jocko sent you when you call her at the Hub smile

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller
The previous owners were a horror. I have to agree. That said, I have spoken with the new owner via telephone and he comes off a nice, reasonable, mellow gentleman. I hope to meet him within the next few weeks.

I expect that this year they will get it together...I would also point out to multi-sport families, that I am told that the Hub is adding an Ice Hockey rink...that should be huge, as youth hockey is huge.

I spoke with the new owner, Moussa Sy, of the former Coastal Indoor facility in Hauppague about using his wood floor for basketball, roller hockey, and volleyball, but he is a soccer guy so I don't know if he will take advantage of these other youth sports.

Anyway, let's cut the Hub some slack as they didn't buy this business just to [lacrosse] it up, they want to be good youth sports citizens....beside, Heather Hoffman will always help you out...tell her Jocko sent you when you call her at the Hub smile

Calling the previous owners "a horror" is unfair. Did they operate the facility well? Not even close. But they did invest in and build the nicest indoor facility on Long Island. They just never could figure out how to make the business work. Hopefully the new ownership will be able to - their up front cost basis certainly is much lower, which should help considerably.

The big question here is whether the winter league is still being run by Rockstar. I have no issues calling that operation a horror. Completely unresponsive to feedback, suggestions, complaints and criticism of their disaster of a product. The previous owners of the Hub outsourced the winter league on a multi-year contract and that was the beginning of all the complaints about the facility. Prior to that, the facility received accolades only.

We'll probably give the Hub league another chance if the new owners do a good job organizing it. Our focus will be on the following issues that plagued the league since Rockstar took it over:

1) Quality of competition. One of the biggest problems in any league or tournament is finding even matchups. Neither team gets anything out of a lopsided beatdown. Are they going to bracket teams in each division? How are they going to decide which teams belong in which bracket? Do they have a real handle on the boys and girls competitive landscape for each age group?

2) Consistency. The schedule for the past 2 years has been a complete disaster. People make weekend plans, have ski houses, play other sports, etc. The schedule cannot be posted 2 days before the first week and it can't be in a constant state of flux. The days/times of each bracket should be consistent - e.g., 5th/6th grade girls always play in the 4-6 time slots on Sunday, the 5th/6th grade boys always play in the 6-8 time slots on Sunday. Makes it much easier to ask for a commitment for 8 straight weeks if I can tell parents the window of availability I need.

3) Communication. This was a huge problem that I hope was unique to Rockstar. These guys went dark as soon as they cashed the check. Even if you can't answer a question, or address a concern, you can answer an email or return a phone call like a professional. Very few things will permanently drive a consumer away faster than being ignored.

4) Cost. This has been the most expensive indoor league by a mile for the past 2 years. At least be competitive with the other leagues or offer a demonstrably better product than everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calling the previous owners "a horror" is unfair. Did they operate the facility well? Not even close. But they did invest in and build the nicest indoor facility on Long Island. They just never could figure out how to make the business work. Hopefully the new ownership will be able to - their up front cost basis certainly is much lower, which should help considerably.

The big question here is whether the winter league is still being run by Rockstar. I have no issues calling that operation a horror. Completely unresponsive to feedback, suggestions, complaints and criticism of their disaster of a product. The previous owners of the Hub outsourced the winter league on a multi-year contract and that was the beginning of all the complaints about the facility. Prior to that, the facility received accolades only.

We'll probably give the Hub league another chance if the new owners do a good job organizing it. Our focus will be on the following issues that plagued the league since Rockstar took it over:

1) Quality of competition. One of the biggest problems in any league or tournament is finding even matchups. Neither team gets anything out of a lopsided beatdown. Are they going to bracket teams in each division? How are they going to decide which teams belong in which bracket? Do they have a real handle on the boys and girls competitive landscape for each age group?

2) Consistency. The schedule for the past 2 years has been a complete disaster. People make weekend plans, have ski houses, play other sports, etc. The schedule cannot be posted 2 days before the first week and it can't be in a constant state of flux. The days/times of each bracket should be consistent - e.g., 5th/6th grade girls always play in the 4-6 time slots on Sunday, the 5th/6th grade boys always play in the 6-8 time slots on Sunday. Makes it much easier to ask for a commitment for 8 straight weeks if I can tell parents the window of availability I need.

3) Communication. This was a huge problem that I hope was unique to Rockstar. These guys went dark as soon as they cashed the check. Even if you can't answer a question, or address a concern, you can answer an email or return a phone call like a professional. Very few things will permanently drive a consumer away faster than being ignored.

4) Cost. This has been the most expensive indoor league by a mile for the past 2 years. At least be competitive with the other leagues or offer a demonstrably better product than everyone else.

NOW ITS EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE $149 per player minimum 20 players you do the math .....let me do it 4 u $2980 that is insane

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOW ITS EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE $149 per player minimum 20 players you do the math .....let me do it 4 u $2980 that is insane

Seriously???
Who has a 20 player roster in a 7v7 league? Absurd. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 20 person roster for 7v7 is crazy!
If you have 10 people on the roster, that's $300 a person for the league and that is insane. Also with 10 people, the whole team isn't playing and feelings get hurt because the 'daddy coach' didn't pick my daughter to play since the regular coach is usually not involved.
Better off playing a couple of fall tourneys...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear rumors that the Hub in Syosset replacing turf with ice?

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
Anybody hear rumors that the Hub in Syosset replacing turf with ice?

One of their 3 fields has been turned into a hockey rink...smart move as hockey is a huge youth sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not s rumor, it is true

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I have heard indoor lax, deck hockey and soccer with boards. No ice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are some good options for Winter leagues on Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Take a look at the leagues listed in the content island on the right called Leagues.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard