BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30
Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2021-7th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok question tryouts are here and with so many travel teams my head is spinning. I'm fairly new and learning insight on some teams but trying to figure out best teams for my daughter to tryout for. Meaning strong coaching etc... She typically plays attack or defense. Just this past season the team she was on the coaches had a lot to be desired for. Wasn't happy at all. Taking all advice as this is a fairly new and quickly becoming a learning process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Jnjv0305
Ok question tryouts are here and with so many travel teams my head is spinning. I'm fairly new and learning insight on some teams but trying to figure out best teams for my daughter to tryout for. Meaning strong coaching etc... She typically plays attack or defense. Just this past season the team she was on the coaches had a lot to be desired for. Wasn't happy at all. Taking all advice as this is a fairly new and quickly becoming a learning process

How about this: Ask her where she wants to play.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I quickly learn why some people do not register as users and respond anonymously. Just looking for insight as the whole travel lacrosse "world" is new to us. But I forgot my 11 year old will know good team coaches and directors and lax programs to choose from on her own maybe because she likes the uniform color! How about an educational response from an adult who remembers what it's like starting out and asking around because they wanted good training for their child and overall a great program! I'm by far not one of these living thru my child type parents ,like I see many others doing. Just looking for advice. Now if I could actually get from real insight and advice that would be great! Last I checked you learn by asking, not sarcastic sly remarks that are meaningless!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I quickly learn why some people do not register as users and respond anonymously. Just looking for insight as the whole travel lacrosse "world" is new to us. But I forgot my 11 year old will know good team coaches and directors and lax programs to choose from on her own maybe because she likes the uniform color! How about an educational response from an adult who remembers what it's like starting out and asking around because they wanted good training for their child and overall a great program! I'm by far not one of these living thru my child type parents ,like I see many others doing. Just looking for advice. Now if I could actually get from real insight and advice that would be great! Last I checked you learn by asking, not sarcastic sly remarks that are meaningless!

Why not PM one of us and ask.. The Hop will always help you out and with my limited knowledge of the game do know the principals and who I would go to if my child was looking.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you! This site is new as well didn't know you can do that! Thank you for the input

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all depends on what you are looking for in a club. Remember just because your daughter makes a team she has to put in many hours every week throughout the year to remain in the team because there are many girls looking for her spot. You can choose a club that is highly competitive or one that is more like a PAL extension. The decision should be more of a family one because it will effect every member of your household . Some things to factor in are: where the team will be holding their practices, what and where the tournaments they enter, coaching staff......remember winning record doesn't matter as long as the team is competetive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It all depends on what you are looking for in a club. Remember just because your daughter makes a team she has to put in many hours every week throughout the year to remain in the team because there are many girls looking for her spot. You can choose a club that is highly competitive or one that is more like a PAL extension. The decision should be more of a family one because it will effect every member of your household . Some things to factor in are: where the team will be holding their practices, what and where the tournaments they enter, coaching staff......remember winning record doesn't matter as long as the team is competetive.

Good point about the travel - not to name the club, but if you are not into a weekly trip down the Turnpike from mid-May until late June. Look elsewhere.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes great point, luckily my child does put in the time and I thank you for your educational response. We live and learn thru this process!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you mind sharing the name of the club your daughter played for? Many people looking for a first or new clubs so your input about coaching is important.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Understandable to want the information, but I won't post bad press about any team(s). As I like to say what didn't work out for me and a few others might not be the case for other families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understandable to want the information, but I won't post bad press about any team(s). As I like to say what didn't work out for me and a few others might not be the case for other families.

Coaches had a lot to be desired? But they may be ok for someone else? I don't really get it, but ok.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not going to bash on public forum the coaches. I do not feel the need to elaborate but think the general statement of the coaches had a lot to be desired for speaks for itself. I'm also suggesting that it's my opinion and someone else's of them could very well be different! Does that makes better sense for you?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not going to bash on public forum the coaches. I do not feel the need to elaborate but think the general statement of the coaches had a lot to be desired for speaks for itself. I'm also suggesting that it's my opinion and someone else's of them could very well be different! Does that makes better sense for you?

You don't have to answer to the trolls. You obviously have class and don't want to bash people.. Good for you.

User
User

Coaches had a lot to be desired? But they may be ok for someone else? I don't really get it, but ok.

What don't you get?
This poster had a bad experience and feels the coaching was lacking. That's heard from many club parents.
No club name was mentioned...
Move on.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts in MD are in a couple weeks. Any MD teams going to get a win over M&D this year? Curious to see what movement there is between teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N
Originally Posted by The Hop

What don't you get?
This poster had a bad experience and feels the coaching was lacking. That's heard from many club parents.
Move on.

It seems like this poster is looking for feedback on clubs to help make a decision as to where his/her daughter should try out. Am I misunderstanding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

What don't you get?
Move on.

But, they said that others may not have the same issues with the coaches. I'm curious. And how could someone give ligitimate advice when they don't know what that person is trying to avoid. Who knows, their issue with the coach could have been playing time.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm suggesting that with the new season approaching hopefully changes have been made starting with the director down to the coaches. The issues were brought to his attention last year a number of times so "hopefully" the program will be changed for the better!!!!

Personally I decided not to stick around to wait and see! I can definitely let you know it absolutely was not about playing time for my child! Let's not forget the program runs different age groups and coaches move with these girls. So the "others" I speak of are with different coaches and are of different age groups. Just like in any other program.

Let me ask you or anyone else a few questions let see what responses I get! Before any tournaments if for example your game starts at 10am what time are you/team expected to be there? Practice: if your practice at 6-8 what time as parents you expect them to start practicing? If you are guaranteed 15 practices during the summer and you receive emails constantly it's cancelled and not due to heat what are your thought? Or during tournaments your child's coach is texting instead of coaching. I can go on or do we get my point.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes that is exactly what I was looking for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell... how many are headed elsewhere... that might affect the departures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm suggesting that with the new season approaching hopefully changes have been made starting with the director down to the coaches. The issues were brought to his attention last year a number of times so "hopefully" the program will be changed for the better!!!!

Personally I decided not to stick around to wait and see! I can definitely let you know it absolutely was not about playing time for my child! Let's not forget the program runs different age groups and coaches move with these girls. So the "others" I speak of are with different coaches and are of different age groups. Just like in any other program.

Let me ask you or anyone else a few questions let see what responses I get! Before any tournaments if for example your game starts at 10am what time are you/team expected to be there? Practice: if your practice at 6-8 what time as parents you expect them to start practicing? If you are guaranteed 15 practices during the summer and you receive emails constantly it's cancelled and not due to heat what are your thought? Or during tournaments your child's coach is texting instead of coaching. I can go on or do we get my point.....

You are obviously not happy with "brand X" lacrosse club, you are looking for information on other clubs, and that is a perfect example of how these message boards can be used in a productive manner. I get you don't want to bad mouth the club you are walking away from, but letting other people know is also productive so they may avoid a similar situation. Knowing where your at now will also help people recommend a new club or team for your daughter. There are vast differences in the skill level and ability as you hop around from club to club and team to team. The coaching and organization and every thing your looking for may be present on say a top YJ or TG team, is your daughter able to make those rosters? Likewise if your leaving one of those teams, does someone's recommendation for a lower level team do you any good? Where your coming from can help put into context where you are going. Good luck with your search.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obviously not happy with "brand X" lacrosse club, you are looking for information on other clubs, and that is a perfect example of how these message boards can be used in a productive manner. I get you don't want to bad mouth the club you are walking away from, but letting other people know is also productive so they may avoid a similar situation. Knowing where your at now will also help people recommend a new club or team for your daughter. There are vast differences in the skill level and ability as you hop around from club to club and team to team. The coaching and organization and every thing your looking for may be present on say a top YJ or TG team, is your daughter able to make those rosters? Likewise if your leaving one of those teams, does someone's recommendation for a lower level team do you any good? Where your coming from can help put into context where you are going. Good luck with your search.

To add to that - are you out on the island or from Westchester. Knowing where you are or where you are from will help. What if someone recommends the club you are trying to leave.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm on the Island and I definitely know they won't recommend the club I'm leaving. I'm not worried whether she will make the roster on YJ or TG's. Quite frankly she just trained recently with Ms. Smith. So last thing I'm concerned with is how my child can play!

That's where everyone gets caught up!!! It's not about the team NAMES parents!! Please stop twisting everything people write and let's just focus on the question! And if you know on some great travel teams that you heard good things aboutjust reply saying saying so.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And I don't mean all that to you directly I'm just making a general statement overall! So please don't mistake all that towards you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm on the Island and I definitely know they won't recommend the club I'm leaving. I'm not worried whether she will make the roster on YJ or TG's. Quite frankly she just trained recently with Ms. Smith. So last thing I'm concerned with is how my child can play!

That's where everyone gets caught up!!! It's not about the team NAMES parents!! Please stop twisting everything people write and let's just focus on the question! And if you know on some great travel teams that you heard good things aboutjust reply saying saying so.

Sorry, but the questions were kind of vague and open ended. You did not say where you were coming from or what exactly you were looking for. Tracking this post since yesterday - it sounded like you were looking for Xanadu. Dude, nothing out there is perfect and a pure Nirvana. When it comes to club lax nothing is perfect - they all have their warts. My youngest daugher is in 2021 - my oldest is doing her college visits right now. If you want perfect - stick with PAL and coach the team. Sorry, that's how I'm - answer questions so that people can help. "Help me help you".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that M&D and Heros are the teams to be on - especially at the lower age groups. If you can ge on either squad your daughter will be set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that M&D and Heros are the teams to be on - especially at the lower age groups. If you can ge on either squad your daughter will be set.

Central Maryland is a big place with a lot of lacrosse players. Heroes is a very good program but located in Howard County. If you live in Baltimore County, that is a long haul to get to practice on a weekday night. The same goes for M&D. In Baltimore County, this will be a very interesting period for tryouts. The teams will likely lock in two years so it is time to get to a place where you know you want to be through high school. Diamonds has gained some momentum but they are not in the NPGYLL. C2 has a good team but they only have teams in a few graduation years and again, they are not in the NPGYLL. Skywalker's will be much improved as many of the girl's playing up will now be on their 2019 team. TLC had some good wins early and then seemed to have lost their way. MD United had a great year and they seem to have the best program in Anne Arundel County. The fall tournaments should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You already seem to know the programs around LI - you named off YJ and TG? You probably have your kid doing private sessions with someone - maybe even SS. Why are you bothering asking - I'm under the impression that you are already well informed about the various clubs on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You already seem to know the programs around LI - you named off YJ and TG? You probably have your kid doing private sessions with someone - maybe even SS. Why are you bothering asking - I'm under the impression that you are already well informed about the various clubs on LI.

Wow - great detective work on the SS conclusion. He/she said daughter trained with her in the comment you replied to.

User
User
Move on. This topic is exhausted.

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Heard bunch of girls leaving 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
Heard bunch of girls leaving 91

91 has a girl's team? do they play in tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't take long for the trolls to show up on this thread.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Bandits and top guns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are Bandits never heard of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You don't have to answer to the trolls. You obviously have class and don't want to bash people.. Good for you.

If you are looking for a girls club on LI the top 3 are YJ, TG and Elevate. I had seen a reference on here to 91. Their girls program is just awful. The only other girls program worse than them on LI is fl$. I have no idea how people write checks to those clubs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are Bandits never heard of them.

Who are the bandits? My kids have played lax on LI for a while and I never heard of that club.I did not see them at one tournament this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clearly you are the expert on girls travl lax on LI....Elevate?....

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard