BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 55 1 2 53 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I would like to interject here. I know everyone wants their kids playing on top squads and getting playing time in games but if you can practice with a team that has a proven track record of producing great players why not play with that A team. Practice is where your child will get better. Eventually with 4 practices a week your child will get that much better. Please understand I have no affiliation with the 91 program but have had a son playing travel for 4 full summers and have seen all the BS. Yes some kids get more playing time but if your child is getting better playing with the best team and practicing 4x a week he will eventually play high school ball and will get noticed because he is constantly facing the best competition in practice day in and day out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea great point pay over 2000 dols plus travel expenses to get to practice with the best. You must be out of your mind if your kid is good I don't care what team he is on he will get to play in college if he desires. You are only a kid once enjoy it and play! Kids that sit the bench lose there confidence and desire to play! I have seen kids that were the best at young ages lose their desire and got left in the dust. The 3 top 2020 teams on Long Island all have great coaches. You cannot go wrong with any of the top 3. Also just don't go by the head coach see who the assistants are sometimes they make more of a difference are they doing it because they have kids on the team or are they doing it because they love lacrosse and love the game.. Everything else will work itself out!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the Manhasset 32 coaches is leaving and is trying to get a slot as a coach with Igloo. Why? Ego? Playing time for jr? Whatever the reason a large block of 32 players will likely follow. Why anyone would have their kid follow a guy like that is anyone's guess. But it will be interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say that playing time is most important for a kids development. Not practice. Don't get me wrong, practice is important but real game decision making and play execution is critical. Kids that ride bench do lose there confidence as players. They are not excited when the team wins because they are not really a part of it. My son has been on both ends. As for HS play, you can't count on that. Many top schools are so deep in talent that D1 commits don't see much of the field till senior year. My advice is to try to get on a team where your son is valued, counted on, and appreciated. If you are the bottom 1/3 of the team you are really not contributing, probably traveling far distance for minutes on the field, and can and will be replaced without a second thought!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best "B" programs for this age group. My son was on an A team last year but he just isn't there. I'm thinking he'd be better off getting more experience on a B team and work his way back. Which are the best programs for him

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the better Manhasset 32 kids play on express in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the best "B" programs for this age group. My son was on an A team last year but he just isn't there. I'm thinking he'd be better off getting more experience on a B team and work his way back. Which are the best programs for him

Are you asking about clubs that have an A team and your son would be on the second team at that club, or clubs where their top team is in the "B" tier compared to other clubs? And I assume LI?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have hit the nail on the head... You are definitely a realist and don't live in fantasy world. Very refreshing to read!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In whose eyes are they better. Yours dad?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to say that playing time is most important for a kids development. Not practice. Don't get me wrong, practice is important but real game decision making and play execution is critical. Kids that ride bench do lose there confidence as players. They are not excited when the team wins because they are not really a part of it. My son has been on both ends. As for HS play, you can't count on that. Many top schools are so deep in talent that D1 commits don't see much of the field till senior year. My advice is to try to get on a team where your son is valued, counted on, and appreciated. If you are the bottom 1/3 of the team you are really not contributing, probably traveling far distance for minutes on the field, and can and will be replaced without a second thought!

I have to disagree with you, real speed practice is more important than games. But it has to be fast paced practice, high intensity is the key. If you practice fast, you play fast. That is a fact.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to disagree with you, real speed practice is more important than games. But it has to be fast paced practice, high intensity is the key. If you practice fast, you play fast. That is a fact.

Ok, your opinion. Just not what I have observed. There is just this one little thing called genettics. Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Playing lacrosse whether in practice or games is great for development, however, you need real game experience to truly improve. That's why professional athletes typically play in the minor leagues before getting to pro level. Without live game experience, you can't fully appreciate how fast the game moves, there's a different intensity level and you need confidence to perform when it matters. Another analogy is think of how well you hit the ball on the practice range, and then wonder why you can't hit that well when out on the course? Nerves, etc. You only can perform in games by playing in games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. I've seen practice kids outside certain organizations not impressed at all need to grow or become more aggressive

Ok, your opinion. Just not what I have observed. There is just this one little thing called genettics. Fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone please give a ranking of all teams on LI? Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? They are not even in 8th grade yet. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
probably meant to say 5 or 6 of the kids on Manhasset 32 play on Express Terps 2020, which by reading all these conversations seems to be one of the better teams in this age group. That's it now get your frilly panties out of the bunch they are in and lighten up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? They are not even in 8th grade yet. Get a life.

So wait the one month until they get to 8th grade, then it will matter ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
really what a tool. "please give me a ranking...."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

Sure thing Viper Dad......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That use to be the rankings!! Not anymore after tryouts!!!! Bank on it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Villages # 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Villages # 4.

Beyond the top 3 it's all opinion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That use to be the rankings!! Not anymore after tryouts!!!! Bank on it!!!

So tell us Nostradamus, in what way will the rankings change immediately after tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only about a half dozen teams to be considered "A". Most clubs have a decent "B" team as their top team.
And that changes year over year.

Really hate the idea of August try-outs! Would rather see March try-outs and can the fall / winter thing all together. Let the boys play and enjoy football, soccer, basketball, wrestling and whatever else. At this age, by the time spring/summer play come in, some/most of these boys will have grown quite a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't 3 Villages just lose to Manhasset in the finals of Lax Clash? #4? Come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person that would think 3 Villages is anywhere near the top 10, is the coach that is flexing his muscles in each picture on the 3 V website!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only person that would think 3 Villages is anywhere near the top 10, is the coach that is flexing his muscles in each picture on the 3 V website!

Non 3V person here. I would put them in top 10. They beat Viper and gave fl$ a very tight game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
after the tryouts, the top 2 will remain the same. I believe that the spots from 4 and on will continue to change

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non 3V person here. I would put them in top 10. They beat Viper and gave fl$ a very tight game

Chippy team and annoying parents....but I agree they are top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

Didn't Viper lose to Igloo 2021 twice in one tournament this summer? How can they be #4?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

Didn't Viper lose to Igloo 2021 twice in one tournament this summer? How can they be #4?

Probably because they beat true blue, igloo, and Express team 2 and gave taz a run for the money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because Igloo 2021 would be number 2 on this list.

Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because Igloo 2021 would be number 2 on this list. You are funny, what is going to be more funny is when Igloo does not go to Denver next summer. Sure hope they use the same birthday criteria they did this year for the World Series of Youth Lacrosse.

Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the venom?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why all the venom?

Good one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? Because Igloo 2021 would be number 2 on this list.

Crush
Terps
Legacy
Viper
fl$

They're not. Just a bunch of teams after top three, including true blue, TLI, Outlaws, Three Village, and probably some others.

Page 55 of 55 1 2 53 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard