BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 128 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why did USA Lacrosse move to a grade based system?

US Lacrosse advocates age based -- http://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines.aspx

"Leagues and associations should organize competition by age, and consider physical, cognitive, and emotional maturity when grouping players. For leagues or associations in which some local programs choose to organize their teams by grade, those teams should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster. Teams organized by single birth year or single grade are suggested, but if a league needs to group two years/grades together it should strive to limit the maximum age difference between players in a youth game to no more than twenty-four (24) months."

However US Lacrosse can't enforce these guidelines other than in their own tournaments.

Here's a laugh: I saw on social media last night the champion team from FCA for US Lacrosse's U-15 "national championship" tournament. Many of the boys we recognized are 2018 players, so likely would not be under 15. One boy had a full beard and mustache!!!!

They were all 2018 teams....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did USA Lacrosse move to a grade based system?

US Lacrosse advocates age based -- http://www.uslacrosse.org/rules/age-eligibility-guidelines.aspx

"Leagues and associations should organize competition by age, and consider physical, cognitive, and emotional maturity when grouping players. For leagues or associations in which some local programs choose to organize their teams by grade, those teams should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster. Teams organized by single birth year or single grade are suggested, but if a league needs to group two years/grades together it should strive to limit the maximum age difference between players in a youth game to no more than twenty-four (24) months."

However US Lacrosse can't enforce these guidelines other than in their own tournaments.

Here's a laugh: I saw on social media last night the champion team from FCA for US Lacrosse's U-15 "national championship" tournament. Many of the boys we recognized are 2018 players, so likely would not be under 15. One boy had a full beard and mustache!!!!

You know what's funnier? That 2017's born in late 1999 would be eligible. And (ALL) 2018's born in 2000 like they are supposed to be , are all eligible!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U15:

All players must be 14 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition. It is recommended that when multiple teams exist within a program, the program should consider physical size, skill, and maturity when organizing teams.

Guess it's different from soccer U15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so simple and is absolutely fair to everyone. Go to 8th grade 8 times for all I care, but put age equity back into youth lacrosse. I am sure ice hockey and soccer have their own problems, but not this problem.

I am still stuck and enraged at the silence. I'd like to read a letter to club constituents from Cabell Maddox and from Ryan McClernan stating their public position and reasoning. Both guys seems to relish being tough guys. Fast or last. Bigger, stronger, better t-shirt slogans and cliches. Neither guy seems tough enough to explain their position on this issue though. Going to grade based teams and leagues wasn't something the parents screamed and complained for. It wasn't a response to demand. So why did it happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^ Smart

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orioles making a run. hang your lacrosse sticks up. seasons over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRABS 2020 TEAM SLOGAN- "If they ain't shavin, they ain't playin"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orioles.....a game or two over .500 right now

Like Reply Quote
L
Laxin since 79
Unregistered
Laxin since 79
Unregistered
L
Stop complaining about hold backs. What kills a team is daddyball. Dads with sons on their team always skews towards their kid, most subconsciously. This will kill a team faster than anything. After a kid is on a team and the parents pay the fee its to late. Most parents who speak up get branded for complaining. No one wins, everyone loses.

Directors: don't get conned into letting this happen. Even when you know the dads, make it a club rule. The rest of the team will think you and your club will be stronger for it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No it's Holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how bout dem Orioles!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxin since 79
Stop complaining about hold backs. What kills a team is daddyball. Dads with sons on their team always skews towards their kid, most subconsciously. This will kill a team faster than anything. After a kid is on a team and the parents pay the fee its to late. Most parents who speak up get branded for complaining. No one wins, everyone loses.

Directors: don't get conned into letting this happen. Even when you know the dads, make it a club rule. The rest of the team will think you and your club will be stronger for it.

I know a team in Hazard county that has a huge problem with this. Son plays attack and can not move. Team is man down on offense and on rides. Too bad. Feel sorry for the kid and the other players. Dad is doing him no favors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Laxin since 79]Stop complaining about hold backs. What kills a team is daddyball. Dads with sons on their team always skews towards their kid, most subconsciously. This will kill a team faster than anything. After a kid is on a team and the parents pay the fee its to late. Most parents who speak up get branded for complaining. No one wins, everyone loses.

I know a team in Hazard county that has a huge problem with this. Son plays attack and can not move. Team is man down on offense and on rides. Too bad. Feel sorry for the kid and the other players. Dad is doing him no favors.

Has to be Thunder....they make Looney's look good when it comes to daddy ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orioles baby!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau Coliseum dude! The building that embodies Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau Coliseum was the best spot for Grateful Dead shows in the 1980s. I think a hockey team used to play there too. I don't remember. Musta been the roses.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nassau Coliseum was the best spot for Grateful Dead shows in the 1980s. I think a hockey team used to play there too. I don't remember. Musta been the roses.

NY Islanders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

NY Islanders.
I'm certainly going to miss watching them play there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

NY Islanders.
I'm certainly going to miss watching them play there.

I will too.. :'(

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you need to send Boss Hawg and Sheriff Roscoe P Coletrain over there to straighten the jacka-s out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although if you look at many of the top teams out there there is a father coaching whose son is on the team. Its probably a problem on the middle tier teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jealously will get you knowwhere

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jealously will get you knowwhere

Or maybe "nowhere". Gotta love that Stony Brook education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Laxin since 79]Stop complaining about hold backs. What kills a team is daddyball. Dads with sons on their team always skews towards their kid, most subconsciously. This will kill a team faster than anything. After a kid is on a team and the parents pay the fee its to late. Most parents who speak up get branded for complaining. No one wins, everyone loses.

Has to be Thunder....they make Looney's look good when it comes to daddy ball.

What is Hazard County?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Boss Hog's kid play for them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No he is a holdback and plays for the Crabs. Now he is a 16 year old 8th Grader who can drive himself to the game. Enjoy the rest of the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too bad Toronto upgraded their lineup Orioles fan only way they make the playoffs is that the Yankees collapse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
too bad Toronto upgraded their lineup Orioles fan only way they make the playoffs is that the Yankees collapse
jays making a push. I'm actually a jays fan lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Price is pitching in front of 50k today as its a holiday and a 1pm start. Glad to see baseball get popular after a 20 year break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice TV commercial in Baltimore market...good for Crabs, also good for club lax overall.
Good Job!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to 2020, the team is not from Howard County and played out of St Paul's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hazard county refers to Harford!

If you are referring to 2020, the team is not from Howard County and played out of St Paul's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hazard county refers to Harford!

Seen it soooo many times across many youth sports teams...Dad coaches (or is involved at management level) so kid stays protected from being cut or ensuring playing time. Its part of the deal with youth sports and always will be. However, if you know its gonna happen you can always pick another team for your kid to tryout for. Even if it doesnt effect your kid directly its poison for the overall team environment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice TV commercial in Baltimore market...good for Crabs, also good for club lax overall.
Good Job!!

What are you referring to? Is there a link you can attach to the commercial?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Job!!

What are you referring to? Is there a link you can attach to the commercial?

why is this "good" for club lax? google crabs lacrosse facebook. link on fb page

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Job!!

Are you sure you weren't watching a promo for Family Guy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs must really be concerned about 91! First they bend the rules as much as possible to win beach lax at 2020, now a commercial for youth teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs must really be concerned about 91! First they bend the rules as much as possible to win beach lax at 2020, now a commercial for youth teams.

The commercial is pretty lame. A decent HS video class could make a better commercial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The commercial is pretty lame. A decent HS video class could make a better commercial.

Does it mention that you have to hold back a year and be willing to manipulate the rules if you want to be a part of the experience?

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 128 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard