BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,700
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30
Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2021-7th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ok question tryouts are here and with so many travel teams my head is spinning. I'm fairly new and learning insight on some teams but trying to figure out best teams for my daughter to tryout for. Meaning strong coaching etc... She typically plays attack or defense. Just this past season the team she was on the coaches had a lot to be desired for. Wasn't happy at all. Taking all advice as this is a fairly new and quickly becoming a learning process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Jnjv0305
Ok question tryouts are here and with so many travel teams my head is spinning. I'm fairly new and learning insight on some teams but trying to figure out best teams for my daughter to tryout for. Meaning strong coaching etc... She typically plays attack or defense. Just this past season the team she was on the coaches had a lot to be desired for. Wasn't happy at all. Taking all advice as this is a fairly new and quickly becoming a learning process

How about this: Ask her where she wants to play.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I quickly learn why some people do not register as users and respond anonymously. Just looking for insight as the whole travel lacrosse "world" is new to us. But I forgot my 11 year old will know good team coaches and directors and lax programs to choose from on her own maybe because she likes the uniform color! How about an educational response from an adult who remembers what it's like starting out and asking around because they wanted good training for their child and overall a great program! I'm by far not one of these living thru my child type parents ,like I see many others doing. Just looking for advice. Now if I could actually get from real insight and advice that would be great! Last I checked you learn by asking, not sarcastic sly remarks that are meaningless!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I quickly learn why some people do not register as users and respond anonymously. Just looking for insight as the whole travel lacrosse "world" is new to us. But I forgot my 11 year old will know good team coaches and directors and lax programs to choose from on her own maybe because she likes the uniform color! How about an educational response from an adult who remembers what it's like starting out and asking around because they wanted good training for their child and overall a great program! I'm by far not one of these living thru my child type parents ,like I see many others doing. Just looking for advice. Now if I could actually get from real insight and advice that would be great! Last I checked you learn by asking, not sarcastic sly remarks that are meaningless!

Why not PM one of us and ask.. The Hop will always help you out and with my limited knowledge of the game do know the principals and who I would go to if my child was looking.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you! This site is new as well didn't know you can do that! Thank you for the input

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all depends on what you are looking for in a club. Remember just because your daughter makes a team she has to put in many hours every week throughout the year to remain in the team because there are many girls looking for her spot. You can choose a club that is highly competitive or one that is more like a PAL extension. The decision should be more of a family one because it will effect every member of your household . Some things to factor in are: where the team will be holding their practices, what and where the tournaments they enter, coaching staff......remember winning record doesn't matter as long as the team is competetive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It all depends on what you are looking for in a club. Remember just because your daughter makes a team she has to put in many hours every week throughout the year to remain in the team because there are many girls looking for her spot. You can choose a club that is highly competitive or one that is more like a PAL extension. The decision should be more of a family one because it will effect every member of your household . Some things to factor in are: where the team will be holding their practices, what and where the tournaments they enter, coaching staff......remember winning record doesn't matter as long as the team is competetive.

Good point about the travel - not to name the club, but if you are not into a weekly trip down the Turnpike from mid-May until late June. Look elsewhere.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes great point, luckily my child does put in the time and I thank you for your educational response. We live and learn thru this process!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you mind sharing the name of the club your daughter played for? Many people looking for a first or new clubs so your input about coaching is important.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Understandable to want the information, but I won't post bad press about any team(s). As I like to say what didn't work out for me and a few others might not be the case for other families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understandable to want the information, but I won't post bad press about any team(s). As I like to say what didn't work out for me and a few others might not be the case for other families.

Coaches had a lot to be desired? But they may be ok for someone else? I don't really get it, but ok.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not going to bash on public forum the coaches. I do not feel the need to elaborate but think the general statement of the coaches had a lot to be desired for speaks for itself. I'm also suggesting that it's my opinion and someone else's of them could very well be different! Does that makes better sense for you?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm not going to bash on public forum the coaches. I do not feel the need to elaborate but think the general statement of the coaches had a lot to be desired for speaks for itself. I'm also suggesting that it's my opinion and someone else's of them could very well be different! Does that makes better sense for you?

You don't have to answer to the trolls. You obviously have class and don't want to bash people.. Good for you.

User
User

Coaches had a lot to be desired? But they may be ok for someone else? I don't really get it, but ok.

What don't you get?
This poster had a bad experience and feels the coaching was lacking. That's heard from many club parents.
No club name was mentioned...
Move on.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts in MD are in a couple weeks. Any MD teams going to get a win over M&D this year? Curious to see what movement there is between teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
N
Originally Posted by The Hop

What don't you get?
This poster had a bad experience and feels the coaching was lacking. That's heard from many club parents.
Move on.

It seems like this poster is looking for feedback on clubs to help make a decision as to where his/her daughter should try out. Am I misunderstanding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

What don't you get?
Move on.

But, they said that others may not have the same issues with the coaches. I'm curious. And how could someone give ligitimate advice when they don't know what that person is trying to avoid. Who knows, their issue with the coach could have been playing time.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm suggesting that with the new season approaching hopefully changes have been made starting with the director down to the coaches. The issues were brought to his attention last year a number of times so "hopefully" the program will be changed for the better!!!!

Personally I decided not to stick around to wait and see! I can definitely let you know it absolutely was not about playing time for my child! Let's not forget the program runs different age groups and coaches move with these girls. So the "others" I speak of are with different coaches and are of different age groups. Just like in any other program.

Let me ask you or anyone else a few questions let see what responses I get! Before any tournaments if for example your game starts at 10am what time are you/team expected to be there? Practice: if your practice at 6-8 what time as parents you expect them to start practicing? If you are guaranteed 15 practices during the summer and you receive emails constantly it's cancelled and not due to heat what are your thought? Or during tournaments your child's coach is texting instead of coaching. I can go on or do we get my point.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Yes that is exactly what I was looking for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time will tell... how many are headed elsewhere... that might affect the departures.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm suggesting that with the new season approaching hopefully changes have been made starting with the director down to the coaches. The issues were brought to his attention last year a number of times so "hopefully" the program will be changed for the better!!!!

Personally I decided not to stick around to wait and see! I can definitely let you know it absolutely was not about playing time for my child! Let's not forget the program runs different age groups and coaches move with these girls. So the "others" I speak of are with different coaches and are of different age groups. Just like in any other program.

Let me ask you or anyone else a few questions let see what responses I get! Before any tournaments if for example your game starts at 10am what time are you/team expected to be there? Practice: if your practice at 6-8 what time as parents you expect them to start practicing? If you are guaranteed 15 practices during the summer and you receive emails constantly it's cancelled and not due to heat what are your thought? Or during tournaments your child's coach is texting instead of coaching. I can go on or do we get my point.....

You are obviously not happy with "brand X" lacrosse club, you are looking for information on other clubs, and that is a perfect example of how these message boards can be used in a productive manner. I get you don't want to bad mouth the club you are walking away from, but letting other people know is also productive so they may avoid a similar situation. Knowing where your at now will also help people recommend a new club or team for your daughter. There are vast differences in the skill level and ability as you hop around from club to club and team to team. The coaching and organization and every thing your looking for may be present on say a top YJ or TG team, is your daughter able to make those rosters? Likewise if your leaving one of those teams, does someone's recommendation for a lower level team do you any good? Where your coming from can help put into context where you are going. Good luck with your search.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obviously not happy with "brand X" lacrosse club, you are looking for information on other clubs, and that is a perfect example of how these message boards can be used in a productive manner. I get you don't want to bad mouth the club you are walking away from, but letting other people know is also productive so they may avoid a similar situation. Knowing where your at now will also help people recommend a new club or team for your daughter. There are vast differences in the skill level and ability as you hop around from club to club and team to team. The coaching and organization and every thing your looking for may be present on say a top YJ or TG team, is your daughter able to make those rosters? Likewise if your leaving one of those teams, does someone's recommendation for a lower level team do you any good? Where your coming from can help put into context where you are going. Good luck with your search.

To add to that - are you out on the island or from Westchester. Knowing where you are or where you are from will help. What if someone recommends the club you are trying to leave.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'm on the Island and I definitely know they won't recommend the club I'm leaving. I'm not worried whether she will make the roster on YJ or TG's. Quite frankly she just trained recently with Ms. Smith. So last thing I'm concerned with is how my child can play!

That's where everyone gets caught up!!! It's not about the team NAMES parents!! Please stop twisting everything people write and let's just focus on the question! And if you know on some great travel teams that you heard good things aboutjust reply saying saying so.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And I don't mean all that to you directly I'm just making a general statement overall! So please don't mistake all that towards you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm on the Island and I definitely know they won't recommend the club I'm leaving. I'm not worried whether she will make the roster on YJ or TG's. Quite frankly she just trained recently with Ms. Smith. So last thing I'm concerned with is how my child can play!

That's where everyone gets caught up!!! It's not about the team NAMES parents!! Please stop twisting everything people write and let's just focus on the question! And if you know on some great travel teams that you heard good things aboutjust reply saying saying so.

Sorry, but the questions were kind of vague and open ended. You did not say where you were coming from or what exactly you were looking for. Tracking this post since yesterday - it sounded like you were looking for Xanadu. Dude, nothing out there is perfect and a pure Nirvana. When it comes to club lax nothing is perfect - they all have their warts. My youngest daugher is in 2021 - my oldest is doing her college visits right now. If you want perfect - stick with PAL and coach the team. Sorry, that's how I'm - answer questions so that people can help. "Help me help you".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that M&D and Heros are the teams to be on - especially at the lower age groups. If you can ge on either squad your daughter will be set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that M&D and Heros are the teams to be on - especially at the lower age groups. If you can ge on either squad your daughter will be set.

Central Maryland is a big place with a lot of lacrosse players. Heroes is a very good program but located in Howard County. If you live in Baltimore County, that is a long haul to get to practice on a weekday night. The same goes for M&D. In Baltimore County, this will be a very interesting period for tryouts. The teams will likely lock in two years so it is time to get to a place where you know you want to be through high school. Diamonds has gained some momentum but they are not in the NPGYLL. C2 has a good team but they only have teams in a few graduation years and again, they are not in the NPGYLL. Skywalker's will be much improved as many of the girl's playing up will now be on their 2019 team. TLC had some good wins early and then seemed to have lost their way. MD United had a great year and they seem to have the best program in Anne Arundel County. The fall tournaments should be interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You already seem to know the programs around LI - you named off YJ and TG? You probably have your kid doing private sessions with someone - maybe even SS. Why are you bothering asking - I'm under the impression that you are already well informed about the various clubs on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You already seem to know the programs around LI - you named off YJ and TG? You probably have your kid doing private sessions with someone - maybe even SS. Why are you bothering asking - I'm under the impression that you are already well informed about the various clubs on LI.

Wow - great detective work on the SS conclusion. He/she said daughter trained with her in the comment you replied to.

User
User
Move on. This topic is exhausted.

Back of the Cage
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Heard bunch of girls leaving 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
Heard bunch of girls leaving 91

91 has a girl's team? do they play in tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't take long for the trolls to show up on this thread.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Bandits and top guns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are Bandits never heard of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You don't have to answer to the trolls. You obviously have class and don't want to bash people.. Good for you.

If you are looking for a girls club on LI the top 3 are YJ, TG and Elevate. I had seen a reference on here to 91. Their girls program is just awful. The only other girls program worse than them on LI is fl$. I have no idea how people write checks to those clubs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are Bandits never heard of them.

Who are the bandits? My kids have played lax on LI for a while and I never heard of that club.I did not see them at one tournament this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clearly you are the expert on girls travl lax on LI....Elevate?....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
by Bandits he/she may be referring to how some travel lax directors steal parents $$ to have their son/daughter play in the program?...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clearly you are the expert on girls travl lax on LI....Elevate?....

What other team on LI besides YJ would beat Elevate? TG in this age group isnequal to elevate? Elevate plays all top teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
I'm new to travel teams last year was my daughter's first travel season. Looking to expand but trying to feel out all these teams. I have a question can anyone give me some insight on Legacy and Team 91.

Please be more specific as to what you are looking for. Are you looking for a stronger team? If so, where are you now? Legacy had no 2021 team last year.

Legacy had 2021 players on the 2020 Teal team. I'm sure they will field a competitive 2021 team next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a particular age group when you refer to Elevate?...otherwise you sound like a DK mouthpiece...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a particular age group when you refer to Elevate?...otherwise you sound like a DK mouthpiece...

I know you just got your power back on at the trailer park after the storm last night - so just to bring you up to speed until the alcohol wears off - you are in a girls 2021 thread so that would be the gender and age we are discussing here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLUE DEVILS is a good sound club... Usually good showings in the tournaments they enter which is about 4-5 in the summer. Fraction of the cost of other programs . They have a 2021, 23 and 24 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ouch...that hurts....coming from someone who has his 75' Vega up on bocks in his South Shore driveway....but good one, nonetheless..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gg1j18
Bandits and top guns

I think they are referring to the Brookhaven Bandits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played for the blue devils great experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There used to be a window block on the left side of this website page that had all the website links to all the girls teams. At this time of the year all these people are looking around and asking questions about what teams/options are available, that link window was a great resource for people. I know that over the years BOTC moves things around, restructures the pages and elements on the page. Did this list of girls club links get moved somewhere or is it gone?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There used to be a window block on the left side of this website page that had all the website links to all the girls teams. At this time of the year all these people are looking around and asking questions about what teams/options are available, that link window was a great resource for people. I know that over the years BOTC moves things around, restructures the pages and elements on the page. Did this list of girls club links get moved somewhere or is it gone?

It has been removed and will not be back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone playing winter ball ? If so where? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to tryouts? Did Legacy have enough girls for a team tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy had enough for 2 teams. Lots of TG bags on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Legacy, Elevate, will be the top teams in this age group on the Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like Legacy, Elevate, will be the top teams in this age group on the Island.

It seems when editing you may have left out some teams . Nice job mods

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems when editing you may have left out some teams . Nice job mods

Not a YJ person or fan, but they are a top team in this age as well, if not the top after this summer (things can change year to year)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are kidding? M&D and YJ are heads and shoulders above every other team at this age group. M&D will be even better this year with 7 new players. I assume YJ added talent as well. Good luck to Legacy and Elevate this year. You will need it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why only 18 girls listed for the 2021 Legacy team? i thought someone on here posted that there were enough girls at try outs for 2 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are kidding? M&D and YJ are heads and shoulders above every other team at this age group. M&D will be even better this year with 7 new players. I assume YJ added talent as well. Good luck to Legacy and Elevate this year. You will need it.

YJ has not held tryouts yet but anyone have any ifo about that team? My daughter is thinking aobut going, how hard will it be to get on A or B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ has not held tryouts yet but anyone have any ifo about that team? My daughter is thinking aobut going, how hard will it be to get on A or B

A team is nearly impossible unless you are a tremendous talent, last year they didn't add very many to b team either. Though the b team is significantly weaker. Actually weaker than TG's b team and Liberty's b team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A team is nearly impossible unless you are a tremendous talent, last year they didn't add very many to b team either. Though the b team is significantly weaker. Actually weaker than TG's b team and Liberty's b team.

Maybe so but the B team is going to get a lot stronger when 3 A girls move down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great read, loaded with information in choosing the right Club for your daughter!

by Trevor Tierney NCAA Assistant Coach University of Denver
THE "BEST TEAM" MAY NOT BE WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR KIDS

“And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up.” - Batman Begins

Don’t get me wrong here. I love all of the players, parents and families that I get to work with in sports. I would not want to be doing anything else with my life! But lately, I have been bewildered by a phenomena that seems to be growing in youth athletics. There is a constant search amongst parents and players to be on the “best team” that wins the most games and tournaments. It is no longer enough for our children to play on a local youth or high school team and enjoy the experience of playing sports. Furthermore, it is no longer even enough for our children to play on a good club travel team that plays well together, is competitive with other great teams from around the country and has top-notch coaching. Rather, there is a “grass is greener” mentality amongst parents and young athletes who are on the constant lookout for the absolute greatest team to be a part of.

There are a lot of factors driving all of this. It is partly due to the parent’s misconception that the better their child’s team, the better their chances for recruitment and success down the road (by the way, college coaches do not even know the scores of the high school games that they are scouting—they only notice who is 6’4”, 225 and runs like a gazelle in the Serengeti). I believe that this mentality runs deeper than that though and we have simply lost touch of what sports are all about. You know when you watch the people on a reality show like Honey Boo Boo or Swamp People and you say, “man…those people are nuts!”? Well, I hate to tell you, that is all of us in sports right now! We are those crazy people. And for the past few years, this perception of making sure our children win all the time and at all costs has become utterly mind-boggling. Every single game in sports, one team wins and one team loses. That’s just the way it works. It is completely narcissistic for us to think that we ourselves (or our child) should never lose. What fun would sports be if we knew that we were going to win every time anyway?

Every great athlete and coach that I know has had their fair share of ups and downs. Even though my claim to lacrosse fame is that I won two NCAA National Championships, a MLL Championship and a FIL World Championship with Team USA, I also got my butt kicked a whole lot along the way! My youth teams were disgraceful, my high school team had some serious rough patches, I can’t even count how many goals Syracuse scored on me at Princeton over the years and I was on the only USA team that lost in the World Championships since 1978 for goodness sake! Even Michael Jordan (who I apologize for even mentioning in the same paragraph as my athletic career) admitted in a commercial, “I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” The point is, that no matter what an athlete does in their career, they will have some wins and they will have some losses. Trying to control that is not going to change anything. Furthermore, there is actually something about the pursuit of always winning that is detrimental to our children’s development as athletes and as people.

As I have pondered this mindset that we are witnessing in youth sports for the past few years, I knew something was wrong. I just didn’t know how to explain it, other than sounding like a grumpy old curmudgeon. The fact is though, there is scientific evidence that shows that we should actually want our children to lose! Again, as I have written time and again, I am not saying that athletes should not care about trying to win and just act like it does not matter. And I am certainly not an advocate for the “everyone gets a trophy” mentality. Our young athletes should care deeply about trying to win and be their best. And when they go into competition and want nothing more than to win that game, it will be absolutely fantastic for them when they lose! Before you think I have been hit in the head with too many lacrosse balls (which is completely factual), let me explain further.

In the past month, I have been fortunate enough to study under one of our country’s leading researchers on human resilience at Harvard, Dr. Shelly Carson. As soon as I sat in our first lecture, the lightbulb flashed on! I started to realize that when we want our child to play on the most dominant team, we are completely missing the boat on how sports build resilience for young men and women. This is not just me blabbing about it either. There is decades of research being compiled by people much smarter than me (surprising I know) that explains how we all develop resilience and how this leads to overall happiness, well-being and success. And isn’t that what we really want for our children?

I am starting to understand how sports are actually the perfect set up for resilience training as losses are very stressful and a challenging adversity for young athletes to face. From this perspective, you realize that no one is going to die, get seriously injured, get cancer, lose a family member, get dumped by their girlfriend (and if so, good riddance I say), lose their home, get thrown in jail, fail out of school, or face anything truly tragic from losing a game. And while I might be sounding trite here, the sad fact is that all of us will face one or several of these things at some point in our life. Nobody’s existence on this earth is perfect. We all encounter some serious adversity whether we like it or not. With that being the case, don’t we want our kids to learn how to deal with it in a skillful manner?

In the field of psychology, resiliency has been defined by Luthar (2000) as, “the ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change . . . a positive adaptation within the context of significant adversity,” (as cited in Carson lecture, 2014). So, not only do the skills of resiliency allow people to overcome and recover from tragic experiences in their lives, but resilient people also flourish, grow and experience tremendous well-being and success in their lives. And that is exactly what we want for our children. I will take that over any win, any tournament championship and any trophy. The best aspect of athletics, in my mind, is that it teaches us resiliency, the ability to endure, overcome and find greatness in our lives. As coaches and parents, all we have to do is be positive and supportive of our children no matter if they win or lose. We just have to be there for them as they learn to get back up and keep moving on with their heads held high. That is how our youth can learn to deal with life on life’s terms and develop as strong individuals. What a great gift that is to bring our children and I cannot think of a more powerful way to do it than through athletics!

There are a lot of ways in which resiliency can be taught through sports, which I will go into some more detail down the road. For right now, I will pass along that one of the most effective ways in handling a stressor is utilizing "problem-focused coping", which means taking an active approach towards finding a solution. In summation, I will pass along what I tell my players and parents on our Denver Elite lacrosse teams. Instead of finding a better team to play on, find a way to make your team better. This is how you can truly learn to win something of lasting value through the sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why only 18 girls listed for the 2021 Legacy team? i thought someone on here posted that there were enough girls at try outs for 2 teams.

Most clubs cap the top teams at 18-20 so they can play to win and keep everyone happy - 2 middie lines, 6 attack, 6 defenders and 2 goalies. That's probably the best mix for a comnpetitive team, everyone plays and the bottom five kids on the larger size teams who would be sitting the bench in all the close games aren't really needed in the blowouts. I here this model may be coming to YJ 2020 & 2021 teams this year, parents are complaining about unnecessary dead weight at the bottom of the rosters, at some point 26 kids and one ball doesn't work

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good read, thanks for posting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs cap the top teams at 18-20 so they can play to win and keep everyone happy - 2 middie lines, 6 attack, 6 defenders and 2 goalies. That's probably the best mix for a comnpetitive team, everyone plays and the bottom five kids on the larger size teams who would be sitting the bench in all the close games aren't really needed in the blowouts. I here this model may be coming to YJ 2020 & 2021 teams this year, parents are complaining about unnecessary dead weight at the bottom of the rosters, at some point 26 kids and one ball doesn't work

Hahahahah. That made my weekend. Yea OK. I guess legacy now has become a not for profit organization. Face it......they didn't have enough for 2 teams. Where is the little man who keeps saying all the TG girls have left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahah. That made my weekend. Yea OK. I guess legacy now has become a not for profit organization. Face it......they didn't have enough for 2 teams. Where is the little man who keeps saying all the TG girls have left.

Everyone makes comments without hearing the whole story. I had a conversation with the director and was told they are only filling rosters with players they feel will contribute. I heard they could have filled 3 teams easily at 2020 but are running only two quality teams. They seem to be angling to build a quality program that will be competitive with quality, professional coaching. Not loaded with inexperienced college players who can't communicate with parents and kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great piece by Tierney. Where did you find it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree about Legacy 2020 blue. Very good team. Easy does it on Teal team, not even close to competing against good B teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree about Legacy 2020 blue. Very good team. Easy does it on Teal team, not even close to competing against good B teams

That's funny! I'm guessing you don't consider TG Purple a good B team. Legacy Teal whipped them easily this year. You didn't hear about it?? Stop trying to discredit that team, Legacy has 2 strong teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great piece by Tierney. Where did you find it?

TG recently sent an email with it to all its players in an effort to explain to them that winning doesn't matter, just send in your check and stop worrying about being a competitive team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please take this back to your 2020 thread, you did not have a 2021 team this year nor do we wish to hear about next years, we all know your trying to great a buzz about your girls program at all age groups. Only two top programs on Long Island, YJ & TG, the rest can fight it out for third. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please take this back to your 2020 thread, you did not have a 2021 team this year nor do we wish to hear about next years, we all know your trying to great a buzz about your girls program at all age groups. Only two top programs on Long Island, YJ & TG, the rest can fight it out for third. Thank you.

Did you enjoy your trip in the time machine Marty? TG is not one of the top 2 programs on LI - and 2021 was never near the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, That's all you got out of reading that. Pretty sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Biff, just remember your program or new program did not develop any talent, they just stole it from other clubs. In the end character counts, but your not worried about that. I'm guessing your one of those people that sulks in the background complains and does absolutely nothing, except spread your poison to those weak minded followers. Enjoy your program, in sure next year you'll be moving on again, you know the grass is greener over there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Biff, just remember your program or new program did not develop any talent, they just stole it from other clubs. In the end character counts, but your not worried about that. I'm guessing your one of those people that sulks in the background complains and does absolutely nothing, except spread your poison to those weak minded followers. Enjoy your program, in sure next year you'll be moving on again, you know the grass is greener over there!

The part-time flip flop girls didn't develop any talent either - they just attracted it with their big name director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a an affiliated paper product that we get once a month, that we are all required to be a member of, but can not speak its name here for some reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will TG 2021 be participating in any fall tournaments or are they unable to because their coaches are all back in school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will TG 2021 be participating in any fall tournaments or are they unable to because their coaches are all back in school?

No. Only 17s and 18s do fall tournaments thru TG. Any fall tournaments for this age must be set up by a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. Only 17s and 18s do fall tournaments thru TG. Any fall tournaments for this age must be set up by a parent.

OK troll......if you are on the team email the directors. If you are not on the team.....you dont know and its not your business....go elsewhere..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK troll......if you are on the team email the directors. If you are not on the team.....you dont know and its not your business....go elsewhere..

That answer doesn't suit you? The only teams that do fall tournaments are the high school age teams. 2017 and 2018 will be going to the presidents cup in Florida and the Navy Rivalry challenge in maryland. There are plenty of fall tournaments for all ages but if you want to go, you have to organize it yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are a good player you are noticed. Every year new players have been selected. Encourage your daughter to try her best and see where you end up. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would strongly recommend trying out. There are 6-8 players that are a little ahead of everyone else at this point skill wise, but after that there will be spots available. New players are added every year why not yours.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I like to read these forums, they're quite informative.
My daughter played for a young team this year, The South Shore Surf, and we gave a Legacy Black a run for their money at Harbor links. All the girls are different and I really appreciate all the attention that the Surf coaching staff pays to each and every girl.
We are not beating TG or Yellow jackets top teams but our girls are from all over the Island and are growing closer and better each week.
IMO our smaller program, takes a lot of the pressure off these 12 year old kids. If you're a good player and concerned about playing time, you will get a lot of it with Surf.
At this age there is only 1 away tournament, and the whole season is only $650.00 with caring varsity coaches. The level of Competition for girls lacrosse on Long Island is high enough. Why do I need to travel to play another Long Island team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Long Island doesn't have a Black Team and wasn't at Harbor Links. You might be referring to Legacy Lax out of the Hudson Valley. Not even remotely close to the same level as Legacy Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy Long Island doesn't have a Black Team and wasn't at Harbor Links. You might be referring to Legacy Lax out of the Hudson Valley. Not even remotely close to the same level as Legacy Long Island.

Legacy Long Island has a 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never seen a legacy long island team playing at any high level tournament or level....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Draw, Best of the Beach, The Grind, Project 120, Lax by the Sea, Nike Cup... Your right all low level. Tool!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nope definitely long island

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I stand corrected. It was Liberty Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i believe legacy girls has a very solid bunch @2021 level, they picked off some top players from a few teams. Much chatter about that group, maybe will see what they have this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy did not have 2021 last year. Only 2022 and 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]i believe legacy girls has a very solid bunch @2021 level, they picked off some top players from a few teams. Much chatter about that group, maybe will see what they have this fall

Look out YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, we didn't have a 2021 team last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]i believe legacy girls has a very solid bunch @2021 level, they picked off some top players from a few teams. Much chatter about that group, maybe will see what they have this fall

Look out YJ

Big talk. When anyone actually beats YJ or M&D 2021 then talk all the smack you want. So far, that hasn't happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look out YJ

No one knows who took the invites, so stop trying to stir the pot and worry about the sinking TG ship. YJ team is a great team as is MD, no start up program is going to begin to talk smack, even before half the roster hasn't paid their deposit yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy girls 2020 and 2021 have picked up some gamechangers- should be very competive teams for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy girls 2020 and 2021 have picked up some gamechangers- should be very competive teams for sure

Where did the new Legacy " game changers " come from ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

P.A.L.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Game changer is term highly dependent upon the team and level of competition that team would be facing. Drop an invisible kid from any clubs A team to B team and they will likely be a game changer. Are there any unknowns out there that would be considered a game changer at the highest level, say for the yj Tg or m&d top teams? Possible, but not too likely. At this age most of the very top "game changer" girls are well established. Two, three years ago you would get massive leapfrogging going on, the talent and athleticism should be apparent now and is mostly already sorted out. The term is relative and means different things to different people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha ha have you taken a look at TG 2020 black? Majority of that team is now West Islip PAL girls. If you were being sarcastic you know the saying if you live in a glass house please don't throw stones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 tg black is now 2020 legacy blue, 2020 west islip has become 2020 tg black -so true. how's 2021 looking- hearing it's the same tread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Changer - you have no idea and yes she is at the highest level in a variety of sports. Talent and athleticism...hold onto your hats..... This unknown is known by many in other sports that she competes in at the highest level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Highest level in 7th grade. Wow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bring it on the field. lets have a LI tournament with all of LI"s "top" teams and and let's see where everyone ends up in the end … put up or shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Changer - you have no idea and yes she is at the highest level in a variety of sports. Talent and athleticism...hold onto your hats..... This unknown is known by many in other sports that she competes in at the highest level.

Sounds like she chose the wrong club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame that at the 7th grade level a child has to pick one sport in order to play at the highest level possible in that sport for the ENTIRE year. This specifically goes for LAX and Soccer. For an all around athlete and for this age group all the leagues should encourage their players to cross train. So maybe not to burn out - the right club was chosen at this point of time. 7th Grade it's a marathon not a sprint to the finish. Keeping all of the athletes healthy, interested not burnt out has to be considered in picking the right team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen, thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bring it on the field. lets have a LI tournament with all of LI"s "top" teams and and let's see where everyone ends up in the end … put up or shut up.

Ummmm isn't that what our girls have been doing for the last 3 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a shame that at the 7th grade level a child has to pick one sport in order to play at the highest level possible in that sport for the ENTIRE year. This specifically goes for LAX and Soccer. For an all around athlete and for this age group all the leagues should encourage their players to cross train. So maybe not to burn out - the right club was chosen at this point of time. 7th Grade it's a marathon not a sprint to the finish. Keeping all of the athletes healthy, interested not burnt out has to be considered in picking the right team.

What are you talking about the top teams are stacked with kids that are multi sport star athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 Girls ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Legacy is so good, why are they having additional tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 Girls ?

What about them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 Girls ?

Igloo - "where our goal is to teach the boys to be gentlemen."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The boys are having additional tryouts not the girls, girls are already set and good to go. Meanwhile TG can't release rosters cause they have no girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The boys are having additional tryouts not the girls, girls are already set and good to go. Meanwhile TG can't release rosters cause they have no girls.

And that applies to every age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any word on elevate tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of the top 21 elevate girls did not return and were not at tryouts. Going to be tough for them to be close to competing with YJ and TG. Not sure where they all went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo

A lot of the top 21 elevate girls did not return and were not at tryouts. Going to be tough for them to be close to competing with YJ and TG. Not sure where they all went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competing with YJ 2021 and TG 2021 are two completely separate things. We've played both and one is a top team, the other not so much.

A MD parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG 2021 is similar to the West Babylon PAL team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meanwhile TG can't release rosters cause they have no girls.

And that applies to every age group. [/quote]

Not true. I believe that TG does not release rosters until late October / early November the earliest. I thought they were released in April last year. I don't even know why they do it. Not many clubs do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top girls went to Igloo. They were good players. unhappy with the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were never close to competing with YJ, and TG never close to competing with Elevate. What was a A,B,C distinction now may have become A,C,C.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate 2021 girls left for Igloo? How is the Igloo program? What kind of coaching do they have there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Elevate 2021 girls left for Igloo? How is the Igloo program? What kind of coaching do they have there?

going to be good coach is great should be a great season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the igloo coach and can you share why girls leaving elevate? No sarcasm please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Competing with YJ 2021 and TG 2021 are two completely separate things. We've played both and one is a top team, the other not so much.

A MD parent

If I lived on Long Island the choice would be simple. One club continually is among the top 2-3 clubs and is always competitive when traveling down here. It's really rather simple. You get better playing with and against the best.
A MD parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches this team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches this team?

What female coaches are involved in the girls Igloo program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who coaches this team?

Anyone have more insight to the girls igloo program? Very little info on their webpage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

Who coaches this team?

Anyone have more insight to the girls igloo program? Very little info on their webpage.

It's a new program, no insight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I lived on Long Island the choice would be simple. One club continually is among the top 2-3 clubs and is always competitive when traveling down here. It's really rather simple. You get better playing with and against the best.
A MD parent [/quote]

Yes, YG is the top LI club. But what if your daughter is on the B, C, D, E or F team? And . . . the B team is better than most. The choice is . . . do you want your daughter to play or simply be on the best team? Being on the best team doesn't necessarily make your daughter better, especially if she isn't playing.

Some other LI organizations have top teams at various age levels - some that can compete - not necessarily win vs YG, and some really poor teams at other age levels. Find a good coach - who knows the players and stays with the team year after year, and a good core group of girls that stay together, and that team will compete with most top teams. Keeping 20 girls on a roster should be able to offset the 4 or 5 that leave each year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] The Elevate 2021 girls left for Igloo? How is the Igloo program? What kind of coaching do they have there?

Is it true that YG B team girls left for Elevate due to playing time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All igloo cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$. Girls program new and will not be able to compete with other top girls teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All igloo cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$. Girls program new and will not be able to compete with other top girls teams.

I guess only time will tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] The Elevate 2021 girls left for Igloo? How is the Igloo program? What kind of coaching do they have there?

Is it true that YG B team girls left for Elevate due to playing time?

What is YG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure you aren't confusing them with Elevate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, somebody has to pay for DK's bills....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it a break! Show me a club that's not in it for the money? It's a business first and why do you think new clubs are popping up? What club to you play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo offers a lot of training but looks like they got greedy with the price tag and scared a lot of people away. $2,100 to play in only local tournaments is a complete money grab. Would have been curious to see how many girls moved to Igloo if it was more reasonably priced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo offers a lot of training but looks like they got greedy with the price tag and scared a lot of people away. $2,100 to play in only local tournaments is a complete money grab. Would have been curious to see how many girls moved to Igloo if it was more reasonably priced.

Has anyone on the board accepted a spot on this team? Would like to hear what was promised and what club you left and why.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it the actual YJ 2021 team coming to Young Guns or is it a combination team like last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it the actual YJ 2021 team coming to Young Guns or is it a combination team like last year?

Right now they don't have enough to field a roster. Less than half team signed up so it will likely be a combo team. Last year was not a YJ team, it was just a mix of girls from various clubs/ teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they see the trend and come to LI for a change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We received the following email today. Now not even M&D can get two full rosters. Lots of options out there people.

M&D Girls Lacrosse Club is looking for a few more middle school players to round out a few roster spots.

Looking for the following:
- 5 field players and a goalie for the 2021 Red team
- 4 field players for the 2022 Red team

Any interested player can contact the head coaches for a try-out and evaluation.
- M&D 21 Red - Natalie Gaieski
- M&D 22 Red - Rachel Mercier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they see the trend and come to LI for a change.

YJ tournament is the worst on the island 25 minute games no playoffs and everyone pays $10 at the gate. No thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they see the trend and come to LI for a change.

YJ tournament is the worst on the island 25 minute games no playoffs and everyone pays $10 at the gate. No thanks.

There are no good tournaments on the Island, period. Especially if your on a top team. This is why the top teams have to travel to play other top teams. The elite teams from the other states certainly do not come to long island tournaments to play, so the one or two top teams from LI must travel off island to play them. If igloo traveled off, would they even be in the top brackets to ever play the elite teams? Not likely, so staying on the island for most all other LI teams and clubs may be an attractive option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To call your team or program elite is kind of douchey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are no good tournaments on the Island, period. Especially if your on a top team. This is why the top teams have to travel to play other top teams. The elite teams from the other states certainly do not come to long island tournaments to play, so the one or two top teams from LI must travel off island to play them. If igloo traveled off, would they even be in the top brackets to ever play the elite teams? Not likely, so staying on the island for most all other LI teams and clubs may be an attractive option.

So this is how Igloo is trying to spin this. Or is it they could not get into the best tournaments like what happened on the boys side? Isn't that real reason there oldest team folded?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they see the trend and come to LI for a change.

I saw a Maryland club team come up to LI last summer. They were not M&D, thankfully. It was Hero's and they rolled over everyone they played during that weekend at Hofstra in the 2019 division. Frankly, if I were them, I would not come back for that. It's a lot cheaper for them to go to Jersey and at least have some tighter games. Regarding, waiting until recruiting age, when do you think that would be? I saw tons of coaches watching the 2019's play at Lax For The Cure last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the turnout at tryouts this weekend for 2021 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, bunch of red shirts. Looks like 4 teams. Gained more then they lost, if that's what you're getting at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A good amount of movement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the Cobra Kai sweeping people up at every tournament. Just won 3 divisions at T3 play to win in NJ, week before we saw them at Applefest with thier 7th graders playing the 8th grade team for the Championship. Also a bizzare appearance on the MSG quick hits long island. It seems they win almost every weekend. Who are these guys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the Cobra Kai sweeping people up at every tournament. Just won 3 divisions at T3 play to win in NJ, week before we saw them at Applefest with thier 7th graders playing the 8th grade team for the Championship. Also a bizzare appearance on the MSG quick hits long island. It seems they win almost every weekend. Who are these guys?

Self promotion!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Careful that they don't sweep the leg.

Seriously? Cobra Kai? Mercy is for the weak. If a man stands before you he is the enemy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 new player and 1 player from 2nd team moved to blue during tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Saw 1 from 2nd and 2 red shirts. Blue team appears to stay intact
Also sounds like 2nd team getting AB as coach and that will be a big plus to this team.
Looked like numbers were up over last year whether they have enough accepted to form a 4th team reamians to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That heroes 2019 team won't be back at Hofstra if I was the coach. They are dominant. Their only competition is sky walkers and mnd in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Careful that they don't sweep the leg.

Seriously? Cobra Kai? Mercy is for the weak. If a man stands before you he is the enemy.

this is a joke right? Next we will hear they have a unique training program of wax on wax off, paint the fence and sand the floor!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Also sounds like 2nd team getting AB as coach and that will be a big plus to this team.
Looked like numbers were up over last year whether they have enough accepted to form a 4th team reamians to be seen.

There were 4 players new to blue. Staying in tact would mean a roster of 29.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Two red shirts and 2 from Yellow. Two returning players were missing, one may have left. So lets say maybe 3 adds. That's still too many to carry but we'll just have to wait until December to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Two red shirts and 2 from Yellow. Two returning players were missing, one may have left. So lets say maybe 3 adds. That's still too many to carry but we'll just have to wait until December to see.

M&D has 7 new players and 5 are gone from last year. Should be fun games between the two teams again next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 from 2nd and 4 new

Only one from blue 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's your opinion on fall tournaments at this age? Is it just about keeping a stick in their hand?
Do you feel any pressure from the club to participant?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New to Elevate 2021, was told at tryouts by the club that they compete with the best teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is true. Played in top seeded brackets in all the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate has become less competitive each year they have played. With the departure of a number of players this trend should continue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And lost them all.:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depending on the margin of loss and as long as they are not getting blown out then I would much rather have my daughter compete at the highest level. Much better than playing no name second tier teams and crushing them. Elevate seems to be the only LI team to enter the same tournys as YJ's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depending on the margin of loss and as long as they are not getting blown out then I would much rather have my daughter compete at the highest level. Much better than playing no name second tier teams and crushing them. Elevate seems to be the only LI team to enter the same tournys as YJ's.

I completely agree. It was a joke. Although I don't think Elevate has played M&D any more than TG has. Think it is only once each.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and you get to have Dave K. jump in and coach the teams during the tournament....all good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not an Elevate parent but believe me we have had our share of crappy coaching!
Would have been thrilled to have the club director jump in and help.
High School girls and college players don't always translate to good coaches especially when they don't get any mentoring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the games in Maryland go yesterday for the 2021 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have DK coaching my daughter any day of the week. Any parent that says other wise knows nothing about the game. And they did not lose all their games playing in top seeded brackets. Yeah sorry didn't win a t-shirt big deal. I'm not one of those parents that has to win every game to feel good. As long as my daughter is getting better and enjoys her team it's all good right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D beat whatever version that was of YJ 2021 14-6. Unfortunately, neither M&D nor YJ played Heros who was probably the other top team there. M&D and YJ both beat TLC rather easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D beat whatever version that was of YJ 2021 14-6. Unfortunately, neither M&D nor YJ played Heros who was probably the other top team there. M&D and YJ both beat TLC rather easily.

That version was about a 1/3 of the top team with nearly no midfielders going and pickup players filling out the roster. Not everyone is into driving 5 1/2 hours and staying in hotels for a poor, off season tournament. At least it is in the MD teams backyard, probably get a much better turnout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't want Dave k to jump in and coach my daughter he only cares about the money not the girl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That version was about a 1/3 of the top team with nearly no midfielders going and pickup players filling out the roster. Not everyone is into driving 5 1/2 hours and staying in hotels for a poor, off season tournament. At least it is in the MD teams backyard, probably get a much better turnout.

Easy man. There was no chest pounding. Said it wasn't the full team. Completely understand not wanting to drive down. Why does CR run a tournament in MD every fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I I
[quote=Anonymous]We chose igloo because of the coach and the training. Other teams are less expensive but once you factor in the additional payments for winter training and in the case of elevate having to buy a uniform??? It is very comparable. Igloo believes that more training and playing local tournaments is the way to go. Why drive up and down the turnpike to beat lesser talent and then play a LI team in the finals? And then add the additional cost of travel, hotels, food and we are saving a ton of dough. Legacy is also staying home for there tournaments. It seems that the times are changing. There are enough good teams on LI now that teams don't have to travel as much until you reach recruiting age. I know we might not face M&D but maybe they

see the trend and come to LI for a change.

New to Elevate 2021, was told at tryouts by the club that they compete with the best teams in this age group.

They play against, but cannot compete. Their new additions are C team players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's uncalled for to call out girls like that. You must be a really disgruntled parent. Shame on you. Elevate 2021 blue will be fine this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy man. There was no chest pounding. Said it wasn't the full team. Completely understand not wanting to drive down. Why does CR run a tournament in MD every fall?

For the $$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Hero's play on Sunday and I saw M&D play too. Hero's was CLEARLY the best 2031 team there. They would've crused M&D. BTW..my daughter doesn't play for either team. She is an assistant coach for another club team. Just my educated observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Hero's play on Sunday and I saw M&D play too. Hero's was CLEARLY the best 2031 team there. They would've crused M&D. BTW..my daughter doesn't play for either team. She is an assistant coach for another club team. Just my educated observation.

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2031? Heros and M&D sure start them young. But I suggest before making snap judgements we wait until they can play pacifier-free...it changes everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize Heros played a bunch of B teams on Sunday right and only beat one of them by a goal. Meanwhile M&D won 20-1, 14-4, 14-6 over YJ and 10-4 over TLC. And M&D was making full team substitutions every 6 minutes.

M&D and Heros play Saturday so we'll see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D.

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close.

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This could be, but very interested to see the Heros team. They seem to be extremely confident after their influx of girls from Bitmore. Looking forward to Saturday's matchup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully Hero's is good. Maybe their coaches will stop screaming so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are times and there are situations in games when what may seem like screaming is really just a coach trying to make sure that the furthest player hears them. And of course in the noise and din of a lacrosse game - those situations arise all the time.
Maybe that is the only way the Heros coaches can be sure they are heard over the parents coaching from the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue.

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are times and there are situations in games when what may seem like screaming is really just a coach trying to make sure that the furthest player hears them. And of course in the noise and din of a lacrosse game - those situations arise all the time.
Maybe that is the only way the Heros coaches can be sure they are heard over the parents coaching from the sidelines.

Yeah. Right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have no idea what rosters looked like for this fall tournament. Played both of these teams true summer strength, both teams very good. Definitely give an edge to M&D. [/quote]

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close. [/quote]

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer. [/quote]

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue. [/quote]

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year. [/quote]

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would definitely give the advantage to M&D since Heros has never beaten them and most of the games were not even close. [/quote]

M&D 2021 Black will not lose a game this fall, next spring or next summer. [/quote]

It would appear that M&D will have the deepest team this year. They will have the ability to sub and have absolutely no drop off in play , something no other team can say even YJ 2021 Blue. [/quote]

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year. [/quote]

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it. [/quote]

Both M&D and YJ have very strong teams and great parents " it's all good" look forward to some great games again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J

YJ faithful, love that everyone is quite on these matters, let's continue to keep it above the line and let the girls do the talking like they did last year.

Yes, you beat M&D last year when they were missing three starters. By a goal. And there was plenty of talking by YJ parents after that game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a toolbag. We get it ,you wanted to scream "but what about us we beat MD last year " so you tried to say it without saying it. [/quote]

The girls lost just as many as they won against M&D, but they have fun as a team. Frankly, their best win last year was the talent show at Towson Camp.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard