BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,228
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30
Re: Girls 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will figure out who the top 3 players are on TG, elevate, and leg a sea cut deals like she did in the 2020 group with free tuition and daddy coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you think M&D won't make changes to the roster because they were undefeated, think again. They'll take the best kid just like any club would.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you think M&D won't make changes to the roster because they were undefeated, think again. They'll take the best kid just like any club would.

You sound very excited. Maybe the coach will let you watch the girls cry before they are shipped off. I think you would enjoy that. Undworty little ****heads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're absolutely correct. There is no loyalty from year to year from these clubs. How much turnover was there last year on M and D? If the answer is none, then everyone is safe. If the answer is something else, then you'll have to sweat tryouts like everybody else. There will be no shortage of new talent trying to make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are lying. I think you like being the bearer of bad news. You are Overly Competitive Lacrosse Dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cutting them is not enough. They should be tarred and feathered first. Their parents too.

This is war.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs should display some sort of loyalty to the girls that have played with them before. What lesson do they send when they cut a girl who has been with them for a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think there will be zero changes, but where are the better girls coming from. There have been rumors that a lot of girls on MD United want to come to M&D. Are any of the girls on MD United better than the current girls on M&D? I don't know. Last year, there were some holes that needed to be filled and they filled them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's parent:

Actually, it IS Hero's. Coaches make it clear that, at least for 2021, and at least for this year, that playing time is pretty much equal for all girls. Have had some parent/coach meetings to reiterate this point when coaches get calls or texts about playing time (not "my kid doesn't play", but "hey, if we keep the kids who are hot in the whole game, maybe we won't lose by 1 to YJ when we're up by 2 with a few minutes left" or "Maybe we'll FINALLY beat M&D if we played our studs more" (don't go bat-sh8t crazy, M&D parents...it's an example).
2 goalies. Each played one half of every game at LFTC. In the playoffs, everyone played, as equal as you can get given the short format. Some kids on the other teams only played a few minutes. 4 or 5 goals per game, plenty of times for personnel swaps.
Other thoughts, as I know you crave my opinions:
1) MD Untied East is good. We beat them by a goal to advance to the playoff for Laxing Out Loud, which we won. Yeah, I know, M&D and YJ weren't there.
2) Skywalkers is good. We beat them a couple times last year, and they beat us. They beat us in the league this spring. We most recently beat them in the semis at LFTC.
3) YJ is good. One or two YJ voices on this thread seem to want to dismiss Hero's. Y'all were VERY relieved to win by one last time we met. Looking forward to next time. Not because I know we will win. Sh*t, I HOPE we do. But good competition is good for the teams. And I enjoyed the BSing on the sidelines. (You guys [lacrosse] just as much as everyone else. Not more, but not less.)
4) Tryouts. According to the website, OPEN tryouts for 2021 and younger. Best kids will get spots. No stated "loyalty" to current player, but I guess that the coaches have an idea for what improvements they are looking to make. And if a girl stinks at the tryout, but has been a great player for them in the past, why wouldn't they include that in their assessment? 2020 and older...invitation only.
5) M&D is good. Y'all know that, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The quick answer is probably NO. There are probably no girls on Md United that are better than any girl presently on the M&D roster. Md United is not what is used to be. Other clubs are passing it by, mostly due to the directors lack of coaching experience. She's a business person, not a coach. Once the hype of "I'll get you into a D1 school" died down, most prudent parents and players have taken their talents elsewhere. She's just a hype machine, not a coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's parent:

"Maybe we'll FINALLY beat M&D if we played our studs more"

We beat them a couple times last year, and they beat us. They beat us in the league this spring. We most recently beat them in the semis at LFTC.

And what position do you play? Looks like MD has their share of these guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: Hero's 2021 won Summer Classic, not Laxing Out Loud. LOL was tourney where YJ beat them 6-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The quick answer is probably NO. There are probably no girls on Md United that are better than any girl presently on the M&D roster. Md United is not what is used to be. Other clubs are passing it by, mostly due to the directors lack of coaching experience. She's a business person, not a coach. Once the hype of "I'll get you into a D1 school" died down, most prudent parents and players have taken their talents elsewhere. She's just a hype machine, not a coach.

Maybe your kid can try-out this year and not get cut. That way you can stop trashing the director and the club constantly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe your kid can try-out this year and not get cut. That way you can stop trashing the director and the club constantly.

Nah...my kid was asked to tryout with them years ago but she turned them down because of the drama they have. Wanted to stay with the club she was on. It all worked out...going to a D1 to play. The club she chose to stay with did VERY well for her...she had 8 college options. No regrets. Md United is a shell of its former self. No longer the "sexy" choice. The lack of coaching experience of the director has been exposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well my kid did try out and made the MU team. Many are fleeing. The Director has sunk this ship . Complete mess. There is more than 1 parent complaining on this forum it is not just 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only that, it is pretty much understood that the MD United parents not only have left their teams but are actively recruiting their old friends to replace their current teammates.

Club lacrosse is not about the kids. It is about their parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most Improved: Skywalkers
Best Uniform: Lady Roc
Best Run Tournament: Lax for the Cure

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
2. No one (Just Being Honest)
3. Skywalkers, Heros, Yellow Jackets (Tie)
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

M&D is on another level right now but they know that the rear view mirror is getting crowded and closing quickly. The 3 teams tied for third are as even as they can get. Exciting times ahead for the talented girls in this age group. Everyone should be very proud of their daughters. Amazing athletes and tremendous young ladies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's parent:

"Maybe we'll FINALLY beat M&D if we played our studs more"

We beat them a couple times last year, and they beat us. They beat us in the league this spring. We most recently beat them in the semis at LFTC.

And what position do you play? Looks like MD has their share of these guys.

Way to pick two lines out of a much longer post to TOTALLY misrepresent what the guy was saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

M&D is on another level right now but they know that the rear view mirror is getting crowded and closing quickly. The 3 teams tied for third are as even as they can get. Exciting times ahead for the talented girls in this age group. Everyone should be very proud of their daughters. Amazing athletes and tremendous young ladies.

Are there any teams from OUTSIDE the MD and LI and Monster areas who are as good as these teams? Any Virginia, Carolina, California or Colorado/western clubs that can compete?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not only that, it is pretty much understood that the MD United parents not only have left their teams but are actively recruiting their old friends to replace their current teammates.

Club lacrosse is not about the kids. It is about their parents.

If true, that is really, really bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100%. Time flies way too quickly. I have a 2015 that had a super club experience and freshman experience in college. Love and support your daughters while enjoying the ride. Getting crazed about the process, trolling this blog, or the unknowns out there is just not worth it. There is a level for everyone and all of the clubs mentioned in these rankings will be visible to every top D1 program in the Country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR will figure out who the top 3 players are on TG, elevate, and leg a sea cut deals like she did in the 2020 group with free tuition and daddy coaches.

I thought this team already had the best girls on LI?

How did the newly acquired talent on 2020 do this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

Are there any teams from OUTSIDE the MD and LI and Monster areas who are as good as these teams? Any Virginia, Carolina, California or Colorado/western clubs that can compete?

No. None can come close to competing with top teams. Played teams from California, Texas, Colorado, Ontario, Florida, Carolinas, etc Usually played their 2020 teams and beaten them easily

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

No. None can come close to competing with top teams. Played teams from California, Texas, Colorado, Ontario, Florida, Carolinas, etc Usually played their 2020 teams and beaten them easily

Imagine, having conquered the world at the age of 13. What will they do for an encore? You parents deserve a lot of credit!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other girls from other clubs are being coached, working hard and putting time in. While others are super athletes, that were still raw before this year, went to a club and got good coaching and training, having developed into a strong player since last year's tryouts. Some of these girls surpassed those on YJ Skak, and will be the ones she looks to poach away and replace those who were lazy, complacent or just stopped growing physically and can't hang at this level anymore. She should also be looking to replace those who destroy the environment for their teammates with their negative attitudes and condescending attitude towards teammates that make the team chemistry toxic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

Imagine, having conquered the world at the age of 13. What will they do for an encore? You parents deserve a lot of credit!!!

Lighten up. It was a response to a question. No one said anything about conquering the world. Truth is that while lacrosse is spreading rapidly, MD and LI still dominate the lacrosse world in terms of team play. While there will be girls on some of the other teams, they don't have the ability to put together a team of 16-23 girls that can compete with the top MD and LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

I'll take a slightly different tack...There are some (just a few) that have occasionally been competitive in a game or two. Sometimes a club will "catch lightening in a bottle" and have a group of girls that are pretty good in their age group. But, maybe the club as a whole is weak. When my 2016 daughter played, the BearLax "A" team from CA was pretty good for a year or two. Nothing in GA, NC, FL or TX can seriously compete, game in and game out, over a summer with most of the better MD/LI/NJ teams. They're just not quite "there" yet. But, they will get there, maybe sooner rather than later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

Lighten up. It was a response to a question. No one said anything about conquering the world. Truth is that while lacrosse is spreading rapidly, MD and LI still dominate the lacrosse world in terms of team play. While there will be girls on some of the other teams, they don't have the ability to put together a team of 16-23 girls that can compete with the top MD and LI teams.

I'm light as a feather. The chest thumping on this forum is repulsive.

Lax parents, and lax dads in particular, really are something else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is igloo

Syosset

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the MDU basher another club or the former coach who left midseason??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's holding the team on her shoulders, while the me first parents fight about the new pecking order

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good detective work. I think both are viable suspects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part about the MDU basher is their statements that they used to be great. Leads one to believe that they are perhaps a former coach as I'm not sure if anyone would ever consider MDU as a great program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United must be great. They're invited to play in the "Great" 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United must be great. They're invited to play in the "Great" 8.

And as usual, they are in a bracket with B teams. What started as a invitational for top teams has grown to make money while still putting the top teams in 1 division to play each other. Nothing wrong with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Ranks:
1. M&D
4. Stars
5. NEMS
6. TLC
7. MD United
8. Elevate
9. Integrity
10. Monster

YY B is as good as 8, 9, 10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny part about the MDU basher is their statements that they used to be great. Leads one to believe that they are perhaps a former coach as I'm not sure if anyone would ever consider MDU as a great program.

Which is the exact tone of the former coach's drop the mike letter she left as a parting gift. Can't wait for everyone to read that when the time is right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other girls from other clubs are being coached, working hard and putting time in. While others are super athletes, that were still raw before this year, went to a club and got good coaching and training, having developed into a strong player since last year's tryouts. Some of these girls surpassed those on YJ Skak, and will be the ones she looks to poach away and replace those who were lazy, complacent or just stopped growing physically and can't hang at this level anymore. She should also be looking to replace those who destroy the environment for their teammates with their negative attitudes and condescending attitude towards teammates that make the team chemistry toxic.

Wow, sounds like some trouble in paradise? On a serous note what are some of these other clubs that girls got good training and coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is the exact tone of the former coach's drop the mike letter she left as a parting gift. Can't wait for everyone to read that when the time is right.

Trust me...It's good!

Page 23 of 30 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard