BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This made up national championship means nothing to the MD teams so look for another year of facebook posts of the LI teams claiming to be the best in the land albeit against terribly weak competition.

Cant have 4 of the top 5 teams not be there. LI should have stopped going years ago like the boys did.

ding ding

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought LI was painful with the holdback excuse, MD is just as painful with their excuses...too much money,too far away,back to back weekends in Richmond and we played a lot of lax, kids want to go to the beach. Just one time send your teams to the U15, win it and shout everybody up once and for all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought LI was painful with the holdback excuse, MD is just as painful with their excuses...too much money,too far away,back to back weekends in Richmond and we played a lot of lax, kids want to go to the beach. Just one time send your teams to the U15, win it and shout everybody up once and for all.

Because its one of the weakest fields of the year whether we go or not. No fun beating teams 25 zip until you make the finals. The National Championship tournament is a complete joke just like everything else US lacrosse touches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah, forgot that excuse...Get together with all the top md teams, make an agreement that everyone goes for 1 year, that shouldn't be too hard, then you don't have to worry about a weak field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah, forgot that excuse...Get together with all the top md teams, make an agreement that everyone goes for 1 year, that shouldn't be too hard, then you don't have to worry about a weak field.

It does not matter anymore. There will not be a U15 bracket next year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is what it said in this year's booklet but on the website it says they are having a U 15 bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank god, no more social media posts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinion on Team 91 on the girls side?
competitive?...or like PAL with fancy gear?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinion on Team xx on the girls side?

Supposing your talking about the numerically named squad, I know they had a blended 19/20 team this past season which isn't very encouraging for numbers/quality of 2020's they might have on hand. I would imagine they were long extra 19's and short 20's so they combined them to make a 19/20. They had a pure 19 team as well... so I'd guess they 19's and 20's were only enough to field a team if joined together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for the feedback..appreciated

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinion on Team 91 on the girls side?

Its a boys club where the girls are a second thought - better off with all girls club like Top Guns, YJ, Liberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious...what are folks seeing as fee's for respective programs this fall?...see where tryout fees are gapping up and wondering if directors are bumping up total fee as well...?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious...what are folks seeing as fee's for respective programs this fall?...see where tryout fees are gapping up and wondering if directors are bumping up total fee as well...?

There were definitely a few less teams this year on LI after hitting record numbers the last few years. Since all the price increases has only turned a few away I would think the clubs will continue to raise prices especially since only the most loyal kids remain playing. Girls of those 4th and 5th teams have disappeared after realizing that their skill and return wouldn't and didn't live up to the promises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were definitely a few less teams this year on LI after hitting record numbers the last few years. Since all the price increases has only turned a few away I would think the clubs will continue to raise prices especially since only the most loyal kids remain playing. Girls of those 4th and 5th teams have disappeared after realizing that their skill and return wouldn't and didn't live up to the promises.

There were definitely less 2020 teams this year. My daughter was on a shite team billed as a 2020 team but it was littered with 21 and 22 players. Also, the numbered team had a fake 2020 team. Further I don't think the bigger A/B teams were able to field as many 2020's as normal. Just an impression as I obviously cannot know raw numbers... but just seems like 2020 is getting light.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks....amazing though that these programs could continue to raise fees....our program went from 1500m to 2k and now 2500m..in 2 years?...I guess demand is very strong and we are all suckers to keep on opening check-book to pay for what is becoming a watered down product with inferior coaches...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks....amazing though that these programs could continue to raise fees....our program went from 1500m to 2k and now 2500m..in 2 years?...I guess demand is very strong and we are all suckers to keep on opening check-book to pay for what is becoming a watered down product with inferior coaches...

TG raised their price by $100 dollars before lat year and doubled the amount of practices from 10 to 20. Unfortunately half of those practices were canceled for a multitude of reasons. I can't see the price going up due to how badly most of the teams did this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG raised their price by $100 dollars before lat year and doubled the amount of practices from 10 to 20. Unfortunately half of those practices were canceled for a multitude of reasons. I can't see the price going up due to how badly most of the teams did this year.
I can only speak for 2022 and 2019 as I have kids on both. 2022 black had an awesome summer season. As did 2019 other that nationals where they lost to yj in semi

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These Directors are like druggies they have gotten the taste of crazy amounts of money and nobody wants to yield any ground so the keep raising the seasonal cost, clinic costs and tryout fees. Plus they all get a sizable kick back on team spirit wear plus the are all in cahoots on the tournament circuit - Some run tournaments and double dip and some club directors actually get kick backs to sign their clubs up in certain tournaments. Its really a very shady enterprise with tons of money being made.

Do the math on how much some of the big clubs make just doing tryouts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These Directors are like druggies they have gotten the taste of crazy amounts of money and nobody wants to yield any ground so the keep raising the seasonal cost, clinic costs and tryout fees. Plus they all get a sizable kick back on team spirit wear plus the are all in cahoots on the tournament circuit - Some run tournaments and double dip and some club directors actually get kick backs to sign their clubs up in certain tournaments. Its really a very shady enterprise with tons of money being made.

Well our program is a brand new start up, who somehow has gotten bit by the greedy bug. The fees were raised $300 making it now $1795. they justify this huge price increase by adding 10 box lessons. I'm sorry but I never asked for Box Lessons, Not interested in box lesssons and should not be forced to line SL pockets under the disguise of Box Lacrosse. It's unfathomable that a new 2 year program thinks that this is ok. Can't even beat YJ, MD, or the other good teams to warrant that price increase. not to mention the coaching on the other team is terrible. not drinking the kool aid SL is serving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well our program is a brand new start up, who somehow has gotten bit by the greedy bug. The fees were raised $300 making it now $1795. they justify this huge price increase by adding 10 box lessons. I'm sorry but I never asked for Box Lessons, Not interested in box lesssons and should not be forced to line SL pockets under the disguise of Box Lacrosse. It's unfathomable that a new 2 year program thinks that this is ok. Can't even beat YJ, MD, or the other good teams to warrant that price increase. not to mention the coaching on the other team is terrible. not drinking the kool aid SL is serving.

Its crazy! We played at Elevate this summer and the fees are absolutely insane but it all starts AFTER you join. With the gear, the camps, the clinics, the bus tours, etc. At the end of the day I feel my daughter only improved a little. I think that was a function of the lack of real coaching. DK and his daughter run most of the clinics/camps and the actual teams are coached mostly by parents (PAL level stuff). I think if I took all the money I spent on Elevate and hired a real trainer instead od spending all of this money on a club like this my daughter would have grown significantly more as a player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its crazy! We played at Elevate this summer and the fees are absolutely insane but it all starts AFTER you join. With the gear, the camps, the clinics, the bus tours, etc. At the end of the day I feel my daughter only improved a little. I think that was a function of the lack of real coaching. DK and his daughter run most of the clinics/camps and the actual teams are coached mostly by parents (PAL level stuff). I think if I took all the money I spent on Elevate and hired a real trainer instead od spending all of this money on a club like this my daughter would have grown significantly more as a player.

fl$ was a complete ripoff IMO. It wasn't hidden fees so to speak, they just don't deliver a product even close to good enough to warrant the money being spent nor a product that lives up to what they are telling you before it gets rolling (i.e., during the sales pitch portion).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you truly want a great experience you must play for a club that is Girls only. the teams with Boys attached are after thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you truly want a great experience you must play for a club that is Girls only. the teams with Boys attached are after thoughts.

BS - a college girl in flip flops getting is getting paid less than 10% of my total registration fee where is the other 90% of the money going in all these clubs? To the directors who are pigs!!!

And coaching is weak in the girl only programs too. They just have more studs so it covers for bad coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BS - a college girl in flip flops getting is getting paid less than 10% of my total registration fee where is the other 90% of the money going in all these clubs? To the directors who are pigs!!!

And coaching is weak in the girl only programs too. They just have more studs so it covers for bad coaching

But I bet you're still going to pull the checkbook out and write that check knowing this though..Correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But I bet you're still going to pull the checkbook out and write that check knowing this though..Correct?

Writing a check reluctantly and having my head so far up the directors [lacrosse] so you can see out their mouth is 2 different things. We have kiss asses like you on our team and its sickening. We pay for a service, they should be kissing our asses not the other way around.

Club lacrosse - the only service business where the customer isn't always right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does flip flops have to do with coaching. Wearing sneakers will make them better coaches. Give me a break! Don't play if you are not happy with club lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does flip flops have to do with coaching. Wearing sneakers will make them better coaches. Give me a break! Don't play if you are not happy with club lacrosse.

There's no real other choice if your kid daughter(s) want to play HS. One season a year probably isn't enough to keep up HS level play so you sort of have to play club level to keep the stick sharp.

That said, there's no need to play for these teams that really treat their clients, that right, CLIENTS, like crap. We'll walk away from any team that does that winner or losers (like efelgee).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's no real other choice if your kid daughter(s) want to play HS. One season a year probably isn't enough to keep up HS level play so you sort of have to play club level to keep the stick sharp.

That said, there's no need to play for these teams that really treat their clients, that right, CLIENTS, like crap. We'll walk away from any team that does that winner or losers (like efelgee).

Maybe we need to start reviewing these clubs on tripadvisor or something similar? What's funny is everyone I talk to is bitching about the same things you just have different levels of bad to worse. I see there will be even a few more girl startups this year some advertising right here on BOTC. There must be enough demand out there or they wouldn't bother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL said at last years tryouts that the box lacrosse guy is a good friend of his. No wonder he thinks it's a must do. One hand washing the other.
I think these club directors can buy themselves a nice new car after every years tryouts are over. All the while they already know who they are going to take at tryouts if they show up, just from talk during the season. Tryouts are hardly even necessary...just some extra money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe that anyone would pay 2500 a season for club lacrosse. Not all groups a charging like that. You should shop around. There are some that offer a lot for the money without too much travel just to play the same level teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why I asked originally..YJ, TG, Liberty, others..what are they gouging, I mean charging, now..?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very thin rosters. Team XX should merge with BB's and could probably field some decent teams with an A and B team at most age levels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SL said at last years tryouts that the box lacrosse guy is a good friend of his. No wonder he thinks it's a must do. One hand washing the other.
I think these club directors can buy themselves a nice new car after every years tryouts are over. All the while they already know who they are going to take at tryouts if they show up, just from talk during the season. Tryouts are hardly even necessary...just some extra money.

Hahaha.. Aren't you in for quite a surprise..Quite a few of us were told that the box training will be done this year by SL and RG personally..lol Now I don't know about you, But I am not paying this program anything extra for my kid to be taught Box that neither know anything about. Just another way to hide the fact that they raised the fees and need to make it seem like We're getting our money's worth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
travel lax is borderline criminal enterprise that we support...no books and records, fear of retribution from directors if questioned, bad employees (coaches), etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have run the same box clinic for the last two years with poor turnout. Since they are locked into the indoor space already and paying for it they can just add it to the program and force you to pay for it even if you don't want it or attend it. Thanks for the donation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes... Sneakers WILL make them better coaches.... Figure it out. Hint: it is called modeling! Showing the girls how they want things done. Duh! Some people need things spelled out. You really think the person who posted thinks it's shoe wear that makes a good coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes... Sneakers WILL make them better coaches.... Figure it out. Hint: it is called modeling! Showing the girls how they want things done. Duh! Some people need things spelled out. You really think the person who posted thinks it's shoe wear that makes a good coach?

You have to admit most of the flip flop wearing coaches are just kids and spend more time on their phone then they do actually watching the girls! Sorry but been there and done that! Total waste of time and money.

Page 42 of 42 1 2 40 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard