BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2019-9th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll kick off the 2019 thread with a question.

Does anyone find it CRAZY that our daughters who have not started high school are being recruited for college?

Mine is likely not in the first wave of recruiting that has already started, but my guess is she will be getting offers next summer given what has happened with some her 2018 friends of similar ability.

With the early recruiting happening earlier and earlier, there is already a lot of pressure on girls and their families in the 2019 class. At our club there are already some with "offers" and we are being told that we need to be proactive now with our daughter.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it and think we are doing our daughters a disservice by allowing this process to get out of hand. We are going to try to wait as long as possible and also try to take as much pressure off of her as possible, but it's hard. What was supposed to be a sport played for the love of the game, feels like it is becoming a job at way too young an age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let your daughter set the pace - talk to her about colleges and in general schools that she realistically wants to go to and play for. Let her take ownership of as much of the process as possible - don't try to shelter her from it. Let her embrace it on her own - don't force it on her. Remember - they cannot contact you - if you are not interested in the recruiting thing just let it happen and don't do anything. You are still in control - people keep forgetting that. Don't let what you hear from the outside world about so and so getting a full ride to Syracuse, Northwestern or to whatever influence your actions. My daughter is not in that top tier of players either - but, she is all set and is locked and loaded to take this on when it comes. "Prepare your child for the road, not the road for your child."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. What club?

Re: Girls 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know which teams will be going to the Chesapeake Invitational in November?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Several ages from Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Integrity? Odd name for a travel lax program? Director must have a lot to live up to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have fun with it go to the schools and check them out. Make fun weekends out of it. Enjoy the ride

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
have fun with it go to the schools and check them out. Make fun weekends out of it. Enjoy the ride

I know that I will probably get slammed for this - but, yes, FUN. It's almost too easy to lose sight of that with this totally hypercompetitive "college scholarship" thing on most peoples' minds. I feel truly blessed that my daughter totally loves it and has fun every time she picks up her lacrosse stick. I cherish those times more and more now when she asks me to throw the ball around with her. I have flashbacks of the little tiny thing years ago - spending more time doing ground balls then catching. Now - I need to pay attention or she'll take my head off. Yes, make it fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is Integrity? Odd name for a travel lax program? Director must have a lot to live up to.

The director has a resume' a mile long, from high school, summer club to Naval Academy club coach to NCAA coach at division 1 and 2. Integrity is a club team based in Anne Arundel county Maryland, near Annapolis. They're really good, and well known down here. Their 2019 teams and their 2020 team are VERY good. 202's lost one game all summer, in all A brackets (if there is such a thing at the 2020 level).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He or she is correct. They are the 4th or 5th best team in md. Good program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director has a resume' a mile long, from high school, summer club to Naval Academy club coach to NCAA coach at division 1 and 2. Integrity is a club team based in Anne Arundel county Maryland, near Annapolis. They're really good, and well known down here. Their 2019 teams and their 2020 team are VERY good. 202's lost one game all summer, in all A brackets (if there is such a thing at the 2020 level).

Yeah but they are one of the clubs whose drop off from their A team to B team is dramatic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did 2020 lose to this summer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would only have been funnier and ironic if a club like Elevate named their club Integrity. Elevate my ego, elevate my wallet.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would only have been funnier and ironic if a club like Elevate named their club Integrity. Elevate my ego, elevate my wallet.....

People are catching on to how Elevate is run and operated. I saw and spoke with many people that are fed up, mostly with the lack of ethics and respect Elevate displays towards their own families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better question - who did their 2020 team play last summer? Or where did they play last summer? I did not see them at Rock The Fields, Lax For The Cure, or G8. Besides - I thought this was the 2019 forum - how did their 2019 team do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, haven't seen them in the top brackets yet and we play almost all the major tourneys.

Better question - who did their 2020 team play last summer? Or where did they play last summer? I did not see them at Rock The Fields, Lax For The Cure, or G8. Besides - I thought this was the 2019 forum - how did their 2019 team do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is your opinion of New Jersey girls' lacrosse, 2019?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an AWESOME experience with Elevate for the past 3 years. I have no complaints. My daughter has fun every time she steps on the field and she learns a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, haven't seen them in the top brackets yet and we play almost all the major tourneys.

The 2019's and 2020's are VERY good teams. My daughter is a 2016 so I'm not intimately familiar with these two teams. But, at a couple of tournaments, I did sit and watch them play a few games and came away VERY impressed. The 2019's a BIG group, tall and fast. The 2020's are skilled for such a young group. They've played and beaten Top Guns Black, SJS Pink, Heros, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is elevate no longer playing at cash??????????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New Board of Education rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I just saw that elevate posted tryouts on here and not at cold spring. In addition to the failed CSH relationship, they are no longer welcome at the HUB I just found out. I think they will end up practicing in an abandoned parking lot at this point. Karma!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had an AWESOME experience with Elevate for the past 3 years. I have no complaints. My daughter has fun every time she steps on the field and she learns a lot.

Thanks DK I am happy to hear your daughter had a great summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I just saw that elevate posted tryouts on here and not at cold spring. In addition to the failed CSH relationship, they are no longer welcome at the HUB I just found out. I think they will end up practicing in an abandoned parking lot at this point. Karma!

Absolutely untrue!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely untrue!

Tryouts are at cold spring?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry we don't allow for these type of attacks.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2019's and 2020's are VERY good teams. My daughter is a 2016 so I'm not intimately familiar with these two teams. But, at a couple of tournaments, I did sit and watch them play a few games and came away VERY impressed. The 2019's a BIG group, tall and fast. The 2020's are skilled for such a young group. They've played and beaten Top Guns Black, SJS Pink, Heros, etc.

Integrity 2020 was 7-3-2 in the spring in MD. Getting crushed twice by M&D. Not sure what tournaments they played in this summer, but it certainly wasn't any that the other top clubs were at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody know how much the Elevate pre-tryout camp costs next week? The website doesn't say (or at least I couldn't find it) until you set up an account with all your info. Thanks

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Anybody know how much the Elevate pre-tryout camp costs next week? The website doesn't say (or at least I couldn't find it) until you set up an account with all your info. Thanks

I will contact them for you.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Contact Dave dk@teamelevatelax.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$240 for 2 days or $150 for single day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Thanks.

but you get a pinnie that you can keep forever!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 topic, didn't see any threads. What should we expect from a travel club regarding 2019 Girls. I'm pretty tuned into the boys side but my daughters team is a very good team from PA and it doesn't seem that her club is doing anything regarding exposure and college guidance. Does it just start later for girls? What are the best showcase events. Team or individual?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 topic, didn't see any threads. What should we expect from a travel club regarding 2019 Girls. I'm pretty tuned into the boys side but my daughters team is a very good team from PA and it doesn't seem that her club is doing anything regarding exposure and college guidance. Does it just start later for girls? What are the best showcase events. Team or individual?

Please don't count on your club to be the best advocate for your kid! Put a list of schools together that she might be interested in and do 1-2 camps with them ,find out what tournaments they will be at in the summer and see if your club will be at any of them. You need to be very proactive for your daughter, clubs are not all that interested in your kid after the check clears, unless they're top of the line blue chip player that they can use to advertise on the website as an early recruit to a top 10 program. there's lots of information on this site and others regarding the recruitting process - good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 a very quiet thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 a very quiet thread.

Maybe that's a sign that this particular class, for whatever reason, has more sane parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't let that fool you, plenty of crazy here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with 2019? Many TG and YJ and [****] girls at Liberty tryouts last weekend. Will the top girls jump ship? Why?

User
User
What is going on with 2019? Many TG and YJ and [****] girls at Liberty tryouts last weekend. Will the top girls jump ship? Why?

Maybe many people are beginning to discover that some of these clubs are not as advertised and if your child is in the majority of players that actually will benefit from training and there is a lack of it then they move on. Going to practice once a week and not playing much in tournaments is NOT what travel lax is supposed to be.
Some clubs seem to favor the win at all costs and play the same few kids even if you travel out of state and foot the bill for it.
Some clubs are excellent at training and building an all around player. Some are all about getting D1 commits to put on their website.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Maybe many people are beginning to discover that some of these clubs are not as advertised and if your child is in the majority of players that actually will benefit from training and there is a lack of it then they move on. Going to practice once a week and not playing much in tournaments is NOT what travel lax is supposed to be.
Some clubs seem to favor the win at all costs and play the same few kids even if you travel out of state and foot the bill for it.
Some clubs are excellent at training and building an all around player. Some are all about getting D1 commits to put on their website.

Well said. In fact, M&D took their commits off the website and haven't updated championships in over a year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

Some clubs are good at both. They aren't mutually exclusive.

This is why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Different strokes for different folks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2019 Black has the best of the nassau players, many from the Long Island All American roster from this past summer, a great coaching staff and is looking real good going into the recruiting circuit this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty 2019 Black has the best of the nassau players, many from the Long Island All American roster from this past summer, a great coaching staff and is looking real good going into the recruiting circuit this fall.

Um, congratulations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty you serious or being sarcastic I can't tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my 2019 girls travel lacrosse team is better than yours....and we have better tents and more expensive swag too...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are some 2019s already verbally committing or just being looked at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are already 2019 girls committing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read that IWLCA is proposing to NCAA rules changes to eliminate early recruitment. No communication at all with athletes until Sep 1 of junior year. Athletes can be evaluated prior at tournaments or showcases but no contact until 11th grade.

Not sure when it would be imlpemented (needs to be voted and approved first by the NCAA) but at least it is a right step in the right direction to eliminate 9th graders worrying about college. It is being put forth by the college coaches themselves so hopefully it has some legs.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
agree completely...boys and girls who have not even hit puberty in some cases should never have the pressure of a college decision at that age....sounds simple, but let them enjoy being a kid...plenty of life changing decisions await them w/out the bs of recruiting at that age....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree but how do they even implement it , do the verbal commitments that are in effect at the time for say a 10th grader get tossed out the window ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I imagine that they would grandfather already recruited kids...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there is nothing to grandfather a verbal means nothing to the NCAA or the universities. Just a conversation between a coach and a student athlete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandfathered? Until you sign NLI for your sport its anyones spot, and I would bet there are 5+/- kids per position per recruiting cycle a coach is chasing. Everyone is replaceable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grandfathered? Until you sign NLI for your sport its anyones spot, and I would bet there are 5+/- kids per position per recruiting cycle a coach is chasing. Everyone is replaceable.

A kid should only worry if he doesn't keep playing at the level he was recruited at. They need to keep working as hard or harder and things will most likely work out. It's the slackers that could be bumped. Only kids I know that are not actually going to their commitment are those who traded up, or did make grades and had to trade down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only losers that i can see from the proposal are the club directors who r lining their pockets w 9th grade recruiting camps etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read that IWLCA is proposing to NCAA rules changes to eliminate early recruitment. No communication at all with athletes until Sep 1 of junior year. Athletes can be evaluated prior at tournaments or showcases but no contact until 11th grade.

Not sure when it would be imlpemented (needs to be voted and approved first by the NCAA) but at least it is a right step in the right direction to eliminate 9th graders worrying about college. It is being put forth by the college coaches themselves so hopefully it has some legs.

It has legs but it isn't quite so clear cut ... It says no "direct communication" between coach and recruit. It seems to leave the loophole of indirect contact (thru club coach for example).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know of one who committed to Northwestern. do you really know of others? If so, how many? I highly doubt there are many 2019 commits at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really seems like you guys don't know what you are talking about or haven't gone through the process with your kids yet. Other than for grades, getting in trouble for something reasonably serious, or career-ending injuries, coaches honor their verbal commitments and their is still a lot of honor in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only losers that i can see from the proposal are the club directors who r lining their pockets w 9th grade recruiting camps etc.
really? This would be better for the club directors. Longer to keep hold over the kids for the dream of committing somewhere. If a kid commits as a freshman or sophomore, harder to get them to show up to club events/camps in the older years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the expected timing on the vote and/or approval by the NCAA of the IWLCA proposals regarding early recruiting rules and restrictions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does the contact affect the coaches talking to the kids when they show up at the camps? How is this rule going to be enforced? It's going to be the same loopholes.
And with Instagram, Snapchat and what ever else is out there - direct contact can easily be avoided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question does anyone know any LI 2019's that have verbally committed already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Know some outside of LI. The 2019s are in full swing a good 6-9 months ahead of here the 2018s were last year. It has not only not slowed down, it's accelerated again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonomous
agree completely...boys and girls who have not even hit puberty in some cases should never have the pressure of a college decision at that age....sounds simple, but let them enjoy being a kid...plenty of life changing decisions await them w/out the bs of recruiting at that age....

Hitting puberty? What are you talking about? There are some teams from Maryland that have girls on their 2019 teams who are already driving...
Hitting puberty is no longer an issue. eek

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know four 2019's that have offers all D1 but didn't commit yet all from Long island. No one saws you have to commit to your first offer unless its your dream.

Know some outside of LI. The 2019s are in full swing a good 6-9 months ahead of here the 2018s were last year. It has not only not slowed down, it's accelerated again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club do they play for?
I know four 2019's that have offers all D1 but didn't commit yet all from Long island. No one saws you have to commit to your first offer unless its your dream.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please tell us a few of the schools who these 19 kids have committed to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Northwestern, UNC, Ohio State just to name a few ... offers have been extended to many that have not committed yet as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like a really big risk to be extending an offer to high school freshman before seeing what their first quarter/semester grades look like. This is lacrosse, I was always under the impression that coaches would wait to see how a player was doing academically before making any serious "moves". I am fully expecting the first wave of commits to happen about two weeks after the first quarter/semester grades come out. I think it was right around mid-November last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland, Northwestern, UNC, Ohio State just to name a few ... offers have been extended to many that have not committed yet as well.
There will be a very small percentage of girls committing this school year. This gets the parents all excited, but it's top D1 only. If your daughter is D2 or D3 caliber, the commits start happening junior and senior year, so don't worry, it's no rush for most of the girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like a really big risk to be extending an offer to high school freshman before seeing what their first quarter/semester grades look like. This is lacrosse, I was always under the impression that coaches would wait to see how a player was doing academically before making any serious "moves". I am fully expecting the first wave of commits to happen about two weeks after the first quarter/semester grades come out. I think it was right around mid-November last year

Well unfortunately that is not true. And the process has accelerated 6+ months from last year for sure. I am not advocating it, just stating the facts. And yes it is just the first wave, which is top teams and top tier kids. But it is much quicker and more widespread this year than last.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just heard about Maryland getting commitments from several 2019's. Is that just rumor?

No, a whole bunch of 2019 girls from MD committed this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really to where???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy now the pressure is on !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really to where???

Syracuse, Northwestern. Hofstra. Traditional Long Island strongholds.

MD is taking over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couple to Stony Brook too. Unreal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense most of those players are already 16.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was just a matter of time. You do realize that holdbacks are a boys lacrosse issue for the most part right? Girls don't switch schools to repeat 8th grade like the boys do. If a girl is older, it' because she went to prefirst which is a very, very small percentage of girls. Some of the girls that committed this week just turned 15 in the last month.

Maybe the coaches have seen the YJ 2019 Blue team and decided there is no one there worth offering yet.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It was just a matter of time. You do realize that holdbacks are a boys lacrosse issue for the most part right? Girls don't switch schools to repeat 8th grade like the boys do. If a girl is older, it' because she went to prefirst which is a very, very small percentage of girls. Some of the girls that committed this week just turned 15 in the last month.

Maybe the coaches have seen the YJ 2019 Blue team and decided there is no one there worth offering yet.

I knew a girl who did just that, switched schools to reclassify. Not lacrosse, but it happens. And I thought from reading here that it happens more in MD where everyone goes to private schools. Maybe I'm misremembering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you find this stuff out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you find this stuff out?

Because I have a 2019 son that is friends with them. They all post their commitments on Instagram. I know of at least 5 2019 M&D and Skywalkers girls that committed to MD this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is "PREFIRST"? Sorry, I'm old school - isn't that normally kindergarten? I'm not surprised that it's mainly the private school girls doing it - that's an extra year of tuition that they are squeezing out of the parents. The public schools just seem to want to get people through the system and graduated.
Have any public school players from Maryland committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is "PREFIRST"? Sorry, I'm old school - isn't that normally kindergarten? I'm not surprised that it's mainly the private school girls doing it - that's an extra year of tuition that they are squeezing out of the parents. The public schools just seem to want to get people through the system and graduated.

Yes. A couple of them were public school girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
East Islip (Long Island for the out of towners) 2019 committed to UNC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prefirst is where some private schools put kids that have late spring or summer birthdays so that they are not so young entering first grade. Again, done more often with boys as they develop slower and may not be ready for 1st grade when they just turn 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope these parents know what they are doing. could be a long 4 years for a kid in the wrong place. Coaches have nothing to lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is sad on so many levels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In state tuition for Maryland kids is very cheap (probably 1/3 the cost of Northwestern or Notre Dame), so they don't have to eat up a lot of scholarship money on local players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been happening for a number of years, girls committing before ever playing varsity. I hope it works out for each of them no! need to be negative. If this isn't what works for you then go ahead and do what works best for you and your family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for her! Congratulations to the girl and her parents. I do not think it is sad at all in fact I think it's great!

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into UNC? US News ranks UNC 30!
Do you have any idea of the caliber of athlete UNC recruits?

Why should she wait? What school should she hold out for? If something changes on either side (coach or player) she will have a ton of options. If UNC recruited her I can guarantee that just about every other coach would be happy to have her.

Great Job and I wish this young lady all the best and future success in all that
she does.

Congrats again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been happening for a number of years, girls committing before ever playing varsity. I hope it works out for each of them no! need to be negative. If this isn't what works for you then go ahead and do what works best for you and your family

There's a good chance she has at least 1 (probably 2) years of varsity experience already. Girls on LI can play as early as 7th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to her! She is a good player on a below average HS team, so yes, she played varsity as a Middle schooler. According to MSG Varsity she had 19 goals and 12 assists as an 8th grader, however, it should be noted that 6 of those points (5Gs, 1A) were against a far inferior team from Moriches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you find this info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you find this info?

Twitter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for her! Congratulations to the girl and her parents. I do not think it is sad at all in fact I think it's great!

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is to get into UNC? US News ranks UNC 30!

Why should she wait? What school should she hold out for? If something changes on either side (coach or player) she will have a ton of options. If UNC recruited her I can guarantee that just about every other coach would be happy to have her.

Great Job and I wish this young lady all the best and future success in all that
she does.

Congrats again

First off ,its sad in that everyone including the coaches involved and the parents know that this is too young. Go ahead ask the coaches. Its also sad in that you are going to get a lot of disappointed coaches and kids .Unless some kid is a freak athlete how do the coaches know what these kids will turn into.In this case I know that this early commitment has raised a lot of eye brows of those familiar with the player as UNC has in the recent past taken a pass on very athletic kids (AA caliber) who were highly regarded by both their peers and other coaches.So yes I think overall its sad that this process is so sped up. But yes congrats to this young lady and I hope it works out for her and her future coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

she does.

Congrats again

First off ,its sad in that everyone including the coaches involved and the parents know that this is too young. Go ahead ask the coaches. Its also sad in that you are going to get a lot of disappointed coaches and kids .Unless some kid is a freak athlete how do the coaches know what these kids will turn into.In this case I know that this early commitment has raised a lot of eye brows of those familiar with the player as UNC has in the recent past taken a pass on very athletic kids (AA caliber) who were highly regarded by both their peers and other coaches.So yes I think overall its sad that this process is so sped up. But yes congrats to this young lady and I hope it works out for her and her future coaches.

Why is it too young? Girls who are the best athletes in the 9th and 10th grade are most likely to be at the top in 11th and 12th grade as well. College coaches have been watching 8th, 9th, and 10th grade girls for a long time. They know that most of the girls who excel at that age are the ones who will excel in college.

There are no guarantees in life, first round NFL picks don't always work out. Some early commits will become college All Americans some will stop playing. There is no way to make sure that everything will be a good fit. There is no right time. If a college coach likes the player and the player and the parents feel that the school will be a good fit why should they not commit?

Lots of jealous parents out there.

I am very happy for the girl and the parents.

The only thing that is sad are the jealous parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Lacrosse is not important with regard to the recruiting process. Boys and girls are recruited through their club team. College coaches are able to watch the best players from all over the country compete against each other on the tournament circuit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The process is SAD because they are way to young and this all consuming craziness to verbal robs kids their time of being kids.

I hope this new proposed ncaa guideline on no signings until 11th grade go through. This early signing crap continues to erode this great game. PAL sidelines are a mess at 2nd, 3rd 4th grade because everyone is already playing selfishly looking towards college recruitment. Sideline jealousy in lacrosse is second to none. No other sport has these toxic sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's sad and wrong because the only one that can lose is the student. Do you think for one minute it matters to a coach if a player doesn't pan out ? Some of these teams have 45 roster spots, so if they miss ,no big deal. a 2019 is closer to being an elementary school student then she is to being a college freshman. If she is a can't miss type of player she probably will remain so, unless she grows, doesn't grow, loses interest, meets a boy, or God forbid gets injured.

I do congratulate this young lady and all the others that share this type of talent, but why rush such a big decision ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The process is SAD because they are way to young and this all consuming craziness to verbal robs kids their time of being kids.

I hope this new proposed ncaa guideline on no signings until 11th grade go through. This early signing crap continues to erode this great game. PAL sidelines are a mess at 2nd, 3rd 4th grade because everyone is already playing selfishly looking towards college recruitment. Sideline jealousy in lacrosse is second to none. No other sport has these toxic sidelines.

I agree with you in hoping that the proposed NCCA guideline goes through. I have to wonder about it. The ones proposing it are the same ones doing the early recruiting. Kind of like having the fox guard the henhouse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Engaging in early recruiting while advocating the newly proposed "September 1 of junior year" rule is not inconsistent at all.

These coaches are hired to win, and in this recruiting environment, if one of the top d1 schools were to hold back until the beginning of junior year on principle, it would suffer a significant competitive disadvantage.

The current reality is that most top recruits are not waiting until junior year to commit, certainly not in this environment, with the exception of the Ivies and a handful of others, and coaches know that.

The proposed rule would change the current situation for the better - a uniform date for all to be guided by. Until then, the overarching principle will be to recruit the best class possible - regardless of recruitment age.

Let's hope the proposal passes - it makes sense and hurts no one in the process. Apparently, 85% of college coaches support it. Every school gets to reach out at the same time, and the recruits will be that much more mature, both physically and emotionally.

I only hope that it becomes effective for a specific class year that has not begun the recruiting process, to avoid confusion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the meantime my 2020 YJ is trying to be the first one in her group. Doesn't matter that she is trick or treating tomorrow she is clearly mature enough to know what she wants to do for the rest of her life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me again why it is bad for 9th or 10th grade boy or girl to accept an offer from:

North Carolina, Northwestern, Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, USC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Cornell Etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me again why it is bad for 9th or 10th grade boy or girl to accept an offer from:

North Carolina, Northwestern, Duke, Maryland, Hopkins, Penn State, USC, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Boston College, Virginia, Georgetown, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Penn, Cornell Etc...

Penn State and Syracuse might be great lax schools but not top academic schools

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
it's sad and wrong because the only one that can lose is the student. Do you think for one minute it matters to a coach if a player doesn't pan out ? Some of these teams have 45 roster spots, so if they miss ,no big deal. a 2019 is closer to being an elementary school student then she is to being a college freshman. If she is a can't miss type of player she probably will remain so, unless she grows, doesn't grow, loses interest, meets a boy, or God forbid gets injured.

I do congratulate this young lady and all the others that share this type of talent, but why rush such a big decision ?

Agree. What child, because that's what she is, knows how to weigh her options and wisely choose? Face it, even the seniors who choose a college and major very often change their minds.

Plus, IME, a girl's body in 9th grade is not what her body will be in 12th grade. What you see at 13 or 14 is not what you get at 18. There's no guarantee that super-speedy player will have that speed and agility in four years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Penn State and Syracuse might be great lax schools but not top academic schools

I would say all of the schools listed are top academic schools .

You must be another one of the jealous haters that troll this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then do some homework and quit drinking your directors kool aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of bitterness, jealousy and hate on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of bitterness, jealousy and hate on here.

system is totally broken and parents are nuts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to her! She is a good player on a below average HS team, so yes, she played varsity as a Middle schooler. According to MSG Varsity she had 19 goals and 12 assists as an 8th grader, however, it should be noted that 6 of those points (5Gs, 1A) were against a far inferior team from Moriches.

Another success story from someone who left the top guns program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or another poaching success by acquiring talent instead of developing it? A 5th grader could coach these girls. Roll out the balls and stay out of the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or another poaching success by acquiring talent instead of developing it? A 5th grader could coach these girls. Roll out the balls and stay out of the way

No offense but kid was moved to second TG team so she left . 2019 YJ team may actually be more successful if coached by a 5th grader .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verdict is in. Mnd 1. Heroes 2a. YJ 2b. Then the rest. Mnd dads win for most coaching during a game. Embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verdict is in. Mnd 1. Heroes 2a. YJ 2b. Then the rest. Mnd dads win for most coaching during a game. Embarrassing.

Sorry, I would have to disagree with you about the MnD dads - TLC Red moms and dads have them beat hands down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense but kid was moved to second TG team so she left . 2019 YJ team may actually be more successful if coached by a 5th grader .

I believe you are mistaken on how that went down. She played up in age on the top team, when she was supposed to drop down to her own age group she left. She would have been one of the top girls on black in her own age but walked away. Just as many of the top girls from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 walked away. I have yet to see that happen going the other way . I find it so sad that I have to come on here to defend some little girl because people make sh@t up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe you are mistaken on how that went down. She played up in age on the top team, when she was supposed to drop down to her own age group she left. She would have been one of the top girls on black in her own age but walked away. Just as many of the top girls from 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 walked away. I have yet to see that happen going the other way . I find it so sad that I have to come on here to defend some little girl because people make sh@t up.

She played on TG 2019 black for one season and then felt the need to leave...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She played on TG 2019 black for one season and then felt the need to leave...

Or she was enticed to leave with an offer (aka stolen, aka poached aka hijacked)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find it sad you feel the need to defend the truth with made up nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early verbals and recruiting are terrible for the sport and hopefully it changes soon!

Congrats to this early signing but all it does is motivate the other crazy parents that share the sidelines to now hurry up and get their daughter verbaled asap.

One of the worst places on earth is a travel lacrosse sideline from 8th-11th grade. By end of 11th and 12th the girls are just back to playing for fun and all the college BS is forgotten.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have taken to sitting by my lonesome at games--far away from the parents...just to get away from the selfishness and petty comments that are spewed all day long during the games..everyone's daughter is a D1 prospect and should get every goal during the games... are right though, no worse place to be ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the weather is going to be nice this weekend. It should be a nice weekend for some top level lacrosse. Quite a few teams will be heading down the turnpike to MD. The girls should represent well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is TG black this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is TG black this fall?

Hard to tell this weekend. Too early to tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went 2-2 at the Ches Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Blue do against M&D Black on Saturday at the prime time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital 2019 beat TG 2019 in a fairly close game on Saturday--good level of skill all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital 2019 beat TG 2019 in a fairly close game on Saturday--good level of skill all around.

Who did they beat and who else did they lose to? Did they get to see MnD or Skywalkers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did not lose in 6 games over weekend--beat TG, TLC (very strong team) Phantastix out of Philly (always strong), Team 180 from CO and 2 others....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did not lose in 6 games over weekend--beat TG, TLC (very strong team) Phantastix out of Philly (always strong), Team 180 from CO and 2 others....

MnD, Heros, Sky Walkers or YJ? Any of those? What about MDU, or Integrity? That Capital/Stars 2019 team is good, just trying to get a gauge of where they are this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would not refer to Capital as a "Stars" team since 2019 Capital has a number of players who did not play on Stars. They have beaten Sky Walkers twice this fall but have yet to play the others....best team thye have played to date is TLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did MnD and Heros do this weekend? The Chesapeake Invitation has only some scores listed and the Prime Time didn't have any on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United was NOT INVITED, at any age level, to the Chesapeake Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both went 4-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks! Not a surprise, they both went undefeated as both are great teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about Salt City? We are playing their 2019 this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are pretty solid team from the Syracuse area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know anything about Salt City? We are playing their 2019 this weekend.

How about Mass Elite 2019s ... Playing them at Lax for the Cure. They r in top bracket with us. Never played them. Assume they r from Massachusetts. Any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another YJ 2019 committed today - Daddy will be bragging at the office tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another YJ 2019 committed today - Daddy will be bragging at the office tomorrow.

And your jealousy is shining through. Be happy for the girl, and her family. Dreams coming true...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town is she from? Or, where can we find this info?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy should be bragging good for him. That said wth is going on , these kids are way to young . Not this kid as I don't know who it is but I got to watch a prior 2019 recruit to arguably the most sort after school and it was comical . I get sometimes college coaches see things in a player that nobody else does but when you are recruiting 14 y. o. Kids one would think the kid would be arguably one of the better players on the field , athletic , or at least not argue w refs . Good luck w that one .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three or four heros committed already. Top schools obviously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your jealousy is shining through. Be happy for the girl, and her family. Dreams coming true...

Sorry Dad - way too young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet all the top college coaches disagree with you. All of them actively recruit the incoming 9th graders. I guess you know more than all the best coaches in the country? You should maybe quit your day job and take your armchair recruiting gig to the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This commit scored 9 goals and had 3 assists as an 8th grader for Rocky Point last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to?

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yet all the top college coaches disagree with you. All of them actively recruit the incoming 9th graders. I guess you know more than all the best coaches in the country? You should maybe quit your day job and take your armchair recruiting gig to the next level.

Parents hold the cards yet feel the need to rush its insane. I guess if you don't commit your child in 9th grade you have failed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if Northwestern or whichever school is their top "dream school" comes calling? I also think 9th grade is young - but, I also don't know their situation. I also will not openly and loudly preach against early recruiting because I do not want to be labeled as a hypocrite on the off chance that certain schools do show up at our door. Frankly - how can you say that someone is making an uninformed decision if they choose a North Carolina or a Duke as their college?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to the young lady and her parents.

It is unfortunate that there are so many jealous bitter people out there. It must be really tough on you when college coaches think that other players are better than your daughter.

To all of the parents who have unrealistic views of their kids abilities. Stop trying to come up with excuses as to why the offers are not rolling in. There is one reason a college coach does not make an offer. That reason is: "the coach does not think your daughter is better than the other players that the coach has watched". You can convince yourself that there are other reasons but there is only one. You can listen to the coach tell you "we have to wait", "we need to see her play again", "we need to see her grades and test scores", "we are taking our time" etc.. it is all BS. Coaches know what they like and when they see it and they will make an offer. The best coaches at the top programs are not afraid to pull the trigger if they like the player. Just be thankful the top players can only accept one offer. Also, there are great players who may not have the grades for every school that likes them. Keep the grades up and you will have more opportunities after the top tier kids are all committed. We are going through it now, mine is not a top tier player but we know that there will be more opportunity after the top kids commit.

Stop with the jealousy and hate. Be happy for the kids that have what it takes to be an early commit. Be hopeful and proud of your own. If they continue to work hard in the classroom and on the field things will work out.

Stop the hate and try to be as realistic as possible about your own kids ability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland

I think that makes it 3 for Maryland so far. One from MnD, Heros and YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter is a junior recruited by a mid-ranked D1 program with a very good academic reputation. She experienced some highs and lows in the recruiting process, but in the end is very happy with where she is going, the opportunity she will have there and the athletic money she's receiving. We've also met some really great people and made some good friends through lacrosse. We also met a bad apple or two, but were able to not let that get in the way of her love for playing lacrosse. I have to say that although lacrosse is a team sport, unlike almost every other team sport, it has some aspects that really breed a "me first" mentality which is reflected by the behavior on the sidelines. Notice I didn't say on the field - because that's not where the problem is.

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly.

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll second that! I would be bragging too, if I were pretty well done with the recruiting process. Definitely jealous, probably has not gotten a single sniff yet. Any info on which school the YJ girl has committed to? [/quote]

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic [/quote]

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.[/quote]

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly. [/quote]

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention. [/quote]

I feel that I am closer to my daughter than I would have been had it not been for the countless trips up and down the turnpike. I would not have met some "lifetime" friends after the various nights of bonding at the hotel bars. And let's not forget the future friends that we will be running into at our daughter's future colleges with a simple introduction of - "Hey, you look familiar - didn't your daughter play for (club name) at Lax For the Cure, Lax Inception or where ever." Those are just two of the positives that I am embracing and bringing up. There are a lot of positives, why focus only on the negatives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sport is broken and the sidelines are toxic [/quote]

That is your experience and too bad for you and others that have had similar experiences. This however could not be any further from the experience I have had with my girls, all good stuff, and I know many others who feel the same as I do. Misery finds misery.[/quote]

Enjoy the next few years because they really do go by much too quickly. [/quote]

Well said and congratulations. Anyone who objectively doesn't say there is a me first attitude in the sport isn't paying attention. [/quote]

I feel that I am closer to my daughter than I would have been had it not been for the countless trips up and down the turnpike. I would not have met some "lifetime" friends after the various nights of bonding at the hotel bars. And let's not forget the future friends that we will be running into at our daughter's future colleges with a simple introduction of - "Hey, you look familiar - didn't your daughter play for (club name) at Lax For the Cure, Lax Inception or where ever." Those are just two of the positives that I am embracing and bringing up. There are a lot of positives, why focus only on the negatives. [/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more! We've made memories that will last forever. Another thing I love is when my daughter walks off the field at a tournament chatting with an opposing player - who she met at a camp or a clinic. She's met literally befriended a hundred or more girls she wouldn't have know otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 9. Mnd 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ 2019s do at Lax For the Cure yesterday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the sideline report from several parents. They are living up to their reputation of being the worst YJ top team and the worst coached.Team has now become the worst sort of ball hogs with some of their so called top players picking up charges left and right. The good news is I hear they have a new player coach who tells the kids what position they can play and who is allowed on the draw circle .My guess is that team will not make it past this upcoming summer season as soon as kids commit they will abandon ship unless of course you are a coaches kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the sideline report from several parents. They are living up to their reputation of being the worst YJ top team and the worst coached.Team has now become the worst sort of ball hogs with some of their so called top players picking up charges left and right. The good news is I hear they have a new player coach who tells the kids what position they can play and who is allowed on the draw circle .My guess is that team will not make it past this upcoming summer season as soon as kids commit they will abandon ship unless of course you are a coaches kid.

This sounds like a parent w a daughter on the team who must not be very good. Stop whining. They seemed to hold their own at the G8 this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This sounds like a parent w a daughter on the team who must not be very good. Stop whining. They seemed to hold their own at the G8 this summer.

Is this the YJ team from last summer? Did they lose any players? There is a lot of chatter about TG losing players - where did they end up? There is a lot of talk about no MD teams at Lax4Cure - is that really true? I was not paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps 2019 Blue beat YJ 2019 Blue and TG Black today at the Fall Face Off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is surprising, because we played Steps yesterday and didn't think they were very good. Their parents thought they were, and weren't very happy that they didn't win all their games. Funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't need a report as I was at the games. It appears as if your jealousy is getting the better of you ( oh that's right it was a sideline report from other parents) I would suggest you take ownership of your friend, relative, sibling or daughter and pass the message along that coaches don't care who your Father,Mother Sister or Brother is they want players not spectators. You see College coaches make their living based upon players performance. So time to pull on your big girl panties and show up. Enough excuses !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't need a report as I was at the games. It appears as if your jealousy is getting the better of you ( oh that's right it was a sideline report from other parents) I would suggest you take ownership of your friend, relative, sibling or daughter and pass the message along that coaches don't care who your Father,Mother Sister or Brother is they want players not spectators. You see College coaches make their living based upon players performance. So time to pull on your big girl panties and show up. Enough excuses !

Does that mean that they got beat on as a team, but some girls impressed the coaches watching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Easy there coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Coach, but I was watching with a couple of College coaches and they agreed with my thoughts. Reputation will get you a look, but performance will get you an offer !

Wow. Easy there coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this sounds spot on they looked lifeless. there we no college coaches scouting this game. were the top players there or playing soccer / basketball???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And STEPS lost to T3 earlier..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually this seems to prove my point YJ top teams in the past were really not content to "hold their own". I guess they can now change the mantra from fear the bee to "we hold our own".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trying to decipher exactly what you are trying to say, the only thing I get out of it is you have a lot of big girl panties( my guess size xxxl) around the house. On a serious note you are just ignorant. Not all coaches are looking for the same type player, yes some want the ball hog kid who takes it to goal everytime and gets 3 goals , 3 turnovers and 2 charges. Some want the kid who keeps her head up and plays the right way. What most of you fail to realize is that most if not all of these kids will end up at a good school so all of you need to relax, that includes the ball hog kids parents telling them go to goal every time and the parents complaining about ball hog kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but to someone's point earlier YJ blue smoked these girls last summer at G8 by double digit goals. what has happened in the space of a few months? cant start losing to 2nd and 3rd tier teams and keep the same reputation and brand people are paying for right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but to someone's point earlier YJ blue smoked these girls last summer at G8 by double digit goals. what has happened in the space of a few months? cant start losing to 2nd and 3rd tier teams and keep the same reputation and brand people are paying for right??

You do realize it's fall right? Not a full team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, easy there - they did not exactly "smoke" everybody. They were 3-2, losing to MnD and Heros. The only ones who did any "smoking" was MnD. The closest they got to double digits was against Steps and that's not really much to brag about. So, in reality - the drop off has not been as big as people are making it out to be after all.
If they can stick to playing just the LI and NJ teams - maybe they can build up their brand again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's what I was wondering. I have a 2023 so I am pretty green with all this stuff. I wanted to get a look at the 19's(and the UNC commit in particular) and was stunned to see them playing like that. so they were missing some muscle from the summer team? that's a relief.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then why bother showing up? Why spend the money on tolls, gas and hotels? If it's not a full team, why do some get a pass and others don't? Has anyone asked those questions? Why does it seem like all the MD teams are at full strength and bringing "it"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful. The Maryland folks don't like to hear that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is silly- was at the steps/yj blue game. Yj did not play well and lost by 1 to steps. Congrats to steps. Yj finished strong, beating a very good T3 elite team by a whole bunch after that team beat steps by 3 earlier in the day. Congrats to all the girls- the great majority of them will do fine if they want to play at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's what I was wondering. I have a 2023 so I am pretty green with all this stuff. I wanted to get a look at the 19's(and the UNC commit in particular) and was stunned to see them playing like that. so they were missing some muscle from the summer team? that's a relief.

all 3 of their committed players were on there..it was a full team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't hit the panic button okay. there were at least 3 top girls that weren't there for the 19's. I know it seems bizarre to lose to a NJ team but next summer they will be right back under the thumb of YJ blue. bet the mortgage on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two out of the 3 "commits" were there (UNC and MD) ... the YJ bench was full and had at least 2 full lines ... No excuses. They lost the game. There is a lot more parity in the "A" bracket ... anything can happen on any given day. Yesterday, Steps prevailed and good for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ regarding the banter posted above in the last day or so, don't forget as these girls enter the "recruiting age" these tournaments become less and less about wins and more about showcasing talent.. Everyone should be getting equal playing time, goalies switching at half etc.. Regardless of score.
As someone who has gone through it once and now on my second trip through, no one but the parents care who wins and loses. At some showcases there isn’t even a scoreboard.. But the parents are keeping score.
Hopefully everyone had an opportunity to showcase their individual talent and left the field injury free.. And maybe an email will get forwarded to you from the club telling you a college coach reached out..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here we go w this nonsense again ... they had their top players there ... Maryland commit UNC commit etc. Stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful. The Maryland folks don't like to hear that.

I posted it and I am a MD parent. People get too wrapped up in winning and losing these games. Once you get to high school, there aren't even playoffs in most tournaments so who cares who wins. The point is to be seen by college coaches. It's a shame that lacrosse ceases to be really fun for the girls after 8th grade, but in the current landscape, that's the truth. Thankful that my daughter is a 2021 and still have a couple years left before the insanity starts. Hopefully the rule is changed before then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Healthy girls, Great weather, fun couple of weekends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this sounds spot on they looked lifeless. there we no college coaches scouting this game. were the top players there or playing soccer / basketball???

There were plenty of college coaches at the Cure on Saturday. UNC, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Dartmouth, Harvard, Vanderbilt, USC and on and on. All of those mentioned, plus others, watched the top 2019 bracket all day. YJ, Mass Elite, Steps etc. I'm sure all were missing a player or two but generally I think they had a majority of their better players. I know our team had a couple varsity soccer players that could not attend. The results indicate a lot of parity w these teams. And yes there are a couple Maryland teams at this age group that are a couple goals better on average. So what. The vast majority of the girls on these teams will be playing D1 if they want(or choose D2, D3). The games were competitive and seemed like fun, and the college coaches watched some really good players do their thing. Seemed all good to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I better enjoy the next few seasons when teamwork, competition, and games that mean something are still the deal. is it still any fun to watch when all the players / parents care about is trying to get noticed by the people with the clipboards?? thanks for the warning..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

here we go w this nonsense again ... they had their top players there ... Maryland commit UNC commit etc. Stop it.

Say what you want but those committed kids are not the top of the food chain on this YJ team,I am sure they are good players and all and have no idea if there best players were there but to assume that they are the best players on that team because they committed early is wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want but those committed kids are not the top of the food chain on this YJ team,I am sure they are good players and all and have no idea if there best players were there but to assume that they are the best players on that team because they committed early is wrong

Wait. So you know who are the best players and who are not. You actually don't know if the committed players are good but think they must be. You don't actually know who was at the games and who wasn't. But somehow you feel like you can comment on this? Lets just assume that each team was missing one or two players that would have made some difference. Therefore the outcomes/competition was about what it would be. And it was pretty even. Rather than worry that it somehow makes YJ look bad, lets celebrate that girl's lax is becoming competitive across a broader region and that bodes well for the sport.

And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do. But that doesn't mean shortening benches etc. Winning with your whole team playing is even more satisfying. I love watching these young women compete and work together for a common goal. The best teams let that happen. So if this 2019 YJ plays everyone equally, that is to be commended, not ridiculed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ regarding the banter posted above in the last day or so, don't forget as these girls enter the "recruiting age" these tournaments become less and less about wins and more about showcasing talent.. Everyone should be getting equal playing time, goalies switching at half etc.. Regardless of score.
As someone who has gone through it once and now on my second trip through, no one but the parents care who wins and loses. At some showcases there isn’t even a scoreboard.. But the parents are keeping score.
Hopefully everyone had an opportunity to showcase their individual talent and left the field injury free.. And maybe an email will get forwarded to you from the club telling you a college coach reached out..

Agreed...You hope games are evenly matched so all the girls (A,M,D, G) are all getting touches and getting looks by the coaches. Winning is fun but playing in competitive games is a lot better for all involved

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do."

In the moment the girls want to do their best and win.. ask them 5 minutes later and they probably won't remember the score.

As this recruiting train rolls on, you'll see girls from different states hugging it out on the field before and after games as they become friends with other players at College camps, clinics, prospect days, Under Armor Brine etc.
M&D, YJ, Stars, Steps all start to lose meaning as college allegiances build.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And to the post saying that winning and losing doesn't matter and only the parents care about that, I disagree. The girls care quite a bit, or at least the competitive ones do."

In the moment the girls want to do their best and win.. ask them 5 minutes later and they probably won't remember the score.

As this recruiting train rolls on, you'll see girls from different states hugging it out on the field before and after games as they become friends with other players at College camps, clinics, prospect days, Under Armor Brine etc.
M&D, YJ, Stars, Steps all start to lose meaning as college allegiances build.

Don't disagree with any of that except they know who won and lost. And while they move on from it, as they should, they still care. I will agree that they don't care in the same way the wacko parents do, but in the way any competitors do. To say otherwise is to not give them enough credit. In a way, it's almost sexist. Because I doubt you would say that about the boys. The girls just show it differently. You see NFL players "hugging it out" on the field before and after games. I doubt you would say they are uncompetitive or don't care about the outcome. I think you are mixing several things up. But ultimately, if they are all having fun and reaching their personal goals, it's all good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been involved with the lax recruiting craziness for several years but my little laxer just signed her NLI last week so hopefully I'm done. But, I will offer a little perspective if you will allow me.
For my daughter's club team, I was the person that gave out the flyers to the college coaches. I've done it since the fall of 2013, and I've met and talked to over 100 coaches. I've asked about 100 of them if they knew the score of the game they were watching, because with my duties I couldn't keep track or see the little scores across the field. 99.99% did not know the score. 99.99% of the parents did. The coaches are there to watch the girls they are recruiting, not really the game as a whole. I'm sure they get a "feel" for the score or who is ahead, but it's mostly irrelevant to them. For the most part, parents "get it", and know that the important thing is how the girls play and perform. There are some club's parents out there that seem to live and die with the team's successes or failures (YJ), like it's the superbowl. Everyone wants to win, but as the girls get into the recruiting zone, winning and losing becomes a LOT less important and on-field performance takes precedent (except to YJ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken as a true loser

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard