BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Girls 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most second teams (aside from second YJ blue team) don't see too much in the way of recruiting by colleges.

$2400 is steep - even for including fall tournaments. Better to pay separately for these tournaments especially at the ages where many of these kids play other varsity sports and can't always attend. Then you can pick and chose which fall tourneys you pay which is what most clubs offer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
elevate red does not see college recruits??

Had a daughter on there last year. We saw some, not a lot of coaches at games last year. I think it had to do with a few things. One, not many of the girls wrote to coaches on that team, some did, but not many. That is a little bit of a driver in getting coaches there. They were encouraged to but many did not. Another reason, they are a 2nd team in that age group, have much less interest from college coaches, just the nature of how things go, colleges focus first on top teams, no question. Another reason elevate red got little interest from college coaches was because the blue team rarely played top teams. That means the red teams were playing even lower level teams as a result. When you are playing much lower level teams, there is less interest. I think the fact that there are a lot of girls moving from white to red based on the new roster for this year, I would doubt a lot of the white girls will be getting a lot of traction from college coaches so again, I think that will still be an issue with this team. Don't ask the club or anyone representing the club, they are selling you on this as a way to join. Ask around, ask people on the team from last year, you are making a big investment in money and more importantly time. We are trying out for other clubs and want to get on a top team in any other club, you will get more exposure there. Still doing some more tryouts. I spent a good deal of time looking into this. Hope this helps. Good luck to your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you play in tournaments if you are not on a team? If they decide to Not rejoin, the. How do you see college coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had a daughter on there last year. We saw some, not a lot of coaches at games last year. I think it had to do with a few things. One, not many of the girls wrote to coaches on that team, some did, but not many. That is a little bit of a driver in getting coaches there. They were encouraged to but many did not. Another reason, they are a 2nd team in that age group, have much less interest from college coaches, just the nature of how things go, colleges focus first on top teams, no question. Another reason elevate red got little interest from college coaches was because the blue team rarely played top teams. That means the red teams were playing even lower level teams as a result. When you are playing much lower level teams, there is less interest. I think the fact that there are a lot of girls moving from white to red based on the new roster for this year, I would doubt a lot of the white girls will be getting a lot of traction from college coaches so again, I think that will still be an issue with this team. Don't ask the club or anyone representing the club, they are selling you on this as a way to join. Ask around, ask people on the team from last year, you are making a big investment in money and more importantly time. We are trying out for other clubs and want to get on a top team in any other club, you will get more exposure there. Still doing some more tryouts. I spent a good deal of time looking into this. Hope this helps. Good luck to your daughter.

You all seem to be missing the point. If you are a B/C level player and leave to go to a top team in another club, that just means you are going to a club whose top team is a B/C caliber team. Your talent (or lack thereof) has not changed because you are now playing in another zip code. Coaches know that and you will have the same amount of sideline action as if you had stayed at the original club. Play where your daughter will be happy, be proactive about your recruiting; it is your process, not the club's, and be gracious when others are on a higher team. Not everyone can be an A player. And thats fine. There are many colleges looking for the B level player too. If your daughter is an appropriate level player for their school and you are reaching out to them, she will get seen, regardless of club or team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow you must be one of the coaches to have all that info?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good advice ! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all seem to be missing the point. If you are a B/C level player and leave to go to a top team in another club, that just means you are going to a club whose top team is a B/C caliber team. Your talent (or lack thereof) has not changed because you are now playing in another zip code. Coaches know that and you will have the same amount of sideline action as if you had stayed at the original club. Play where your daughter will be happy, be proactive about your recruiting; it is your process, not the club's, and be gracious when others are on a higher team. Not everyone can be an A player. And thats fine. There are many colleges looking for the B level player too. If your daughter is an appropriate level player for their school and you are reaching out to them, she will get seen, regardless of club or team.

In the first post above, the poster is correct that you need to let coaches know where and when you are playing. The recruiting tournaments list what coaches are attending and you need to reach out to them. Also, if you are in a tournament near some schools your daughter is interested in, reach out to those coaches even if they are not on the list of attendees because they might just come to see you based on your interest in them.
The second post above also hits on a good point where you need to be realistic. Most high D1 schools already have 2018 recruits. Maybe they will need a person if someone backs out etc.. but if your daughter was a D1 talent, you would be telling me how it works. There is a college match for most every girl who wants to play lax and if your daughter has good grades and is a good (notice I didn't say great) lax player, the D3 schools will find scholarship money for academics.

We already visited about 15 campuses last lax tourney season and my daughter ruled out urban campuses. The other thing we heard was to look at a schools lax roster and see if they have LI girls playing as there are some schools that shy away from LI girls and even if your daughter goes there, she may be miserable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, just write the check so DK can pay off the required settlement that he has to pay from the fine he received on Wall Street..he takes credit cards as well...

Speaking of "sketchy" I just hung up with a friend who was on Elevate 2018 last year. They said they have NO goalies listed on their roster.......odd to say the least. Gets better, they said while their invite email included the roster, a friend of theirs made what they believe is the 17/18 combined team and they did NOT get a roster, just an email saying congrats welcome to the club. They asked me what I thought of that and I said I have no clue. We have been around lacrosse for a while and have always received a full roster with a goalie.

Can anyone shed any light on this for them? I just told them they should really find out who is taking a position on their team BEFORE they pay. Any help here is appreciated.

To that I say, Caveat emptor.

Did anyone ever figure out what the email situation was with this - some with rosters, some without? DO people know if people are taking spots on the red/white team? Friend is still debating but leaning for going to other tryouts first, You think that there will be a spot available on this team down the road if they decline and change their mind at a later date?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the red team is actually a red/white team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh, just go ahead and write the check...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does TE give you the roster when they make you the offer? That doesn't make sense to me because even if they sent you a roster with the offer, the roster would only show the girls they are asking for that team; it doesn't mean they are on that team as they can decline etc... I looked at placement letters over the years for my daughters from multiple clubs (not TE and yes I have a lax folder on email for this) and they do not show a roster or girls when they make the offer.

As for the second question, I would wait as long as possible, especially if you are attending other tryouts before sending in the money. If your daughter is happy to be on RED, then pay now but if the offer was for the combo team, hold off. If it were my daughter in the situation, I would even take the third team from the club that has their tryouts last (hint! over the combo team). We know some of the girls on that team and they are good players but like a lot of teams, the bottom of their roster is weak. Go to the tryouts the next two weekends for the three teams mentioned previously. IMHO, Express is good, T9 is very good, and I don't know about ICON. It'll only cost you the tryout fees and your daughter can look at it as getting a workout! Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does TE give you the roster when they make you the offer? That doesn't make sense to me because even if they sent you a roster with the offer, the roster would only show the girls they are asking for that team; it doesn't mean they are on that team as they can decline etc... I looked at placement letters over the years for my daughters from multiple clubs (not TE and yes I have a lax folder on email for this) and they do not show a roster or girls when they make the offer.

As for the second question, I would wait as long as possible, especially if you are attending other tryouts before sending in the money. If your daughter is happy to be on RED, then pay now but if the offer was for the combo team, hold off. If it were my daughter in the situation, I would even take the third team from the club that has their tryouts last (hint! over the combo team). We know some of the girls on that team and they are good players but like a lot of teams, the bottom of their roster is weak. Go to the tryouts the next two weekends for the three teams mentioned previously. IMHO, Express is good, T9 is very good, and I don't know about ICON. It'll only cost you the tryout fees and your daughter can look at it as getting a workout! Good luck!

Beach Bums tryouts this weekend as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a Red / White Team, just ask the Coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beach Bums tryouts this weekend as well

So there are a lot of options left - tryouts for icon, YJ, beach bums , title 9, Suffolk stars, all still taking place? Any others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts are Sept 27th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other clubs who already have had tryouts may still be looking for 2018 players. Legacy may need players. Long Island Wave does not even have tryouts. They may need players. Parents should not be pressured into committing to any Club that they do not feel right about before exploring all the options. Those can either be trying out for the clubs still having them or contacting Clubs that have already had them. Clubs that legitimately care should not pressure. If they do then shame on them whoever they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email went out, a lot of white girls moved to red, and 17s took TG girls

So the old red team is filled with white girls. Was there a lot of movement in blue? If that's the case - the blues that got pushed to red won't stay if it has a lot of white players on it - most likely the top red kids won't stay either. Those combo teams don't work out - I am sure the TG girls won't take the spot. Why didn't they put the top 2018 kids with the 17s and then make a soso team with the leftover 2018s? This doesn't sound good for this age group - looks like TG will get some kids back

There were very few 2018 Red Elevate girls at practice this weekend. How and when will we know if they actually have enough girls to field a red team? You don't notice how few girls are there when they practice with the blue team. At what point is it acceptable to ask the club what the situation is so I know if we need to move on? I don't want to sound overly concerned as we were told all the girls had conflicts and prior commitments but I am a little concerned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were very few 2018 Red Elevate girls at practice this weekend. How and when will we know if they actually have enough girls to field a red team? You don't notice how few girls are there when they practice with the blue team. At what point is it acceptable to ask the club what the situation is so I know if we need to move on? I don't want to sound overly concerned as we were told all the girls had conflicts and prior commitments but I am a little concerned?

DON'T WAIT… ASK RIGHT AWAY IF THE CLUB HAS ENOUGH TO FIELD THE TEAM YOUR DAUGHTER IS ON… BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO FIND ANOTHER CLUB. IF ELEVATE IS WHAT THEY SAY, ALL ABOUT THE GIRLS, THEN THEY SHOULD BE HONEST WITH YOU ABOUT THE TEAMS ROSTER.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Email went out, a lot of white girls moved to red, and 17s took TG girls

So the old red team is filled with white girls. Was there a lot of movement in blue? If that's the case - the blues that got pushed to red won't stay if it has a lot of white players on it - most likely the top red kids won't stay either. Those combo teams don't work out - I am sure the TG girls won't take the spot. Why didn't they put the top 2018 kids with the 17s and then make a soso team with the leftover 2018s? This doesn't sound good for this age group - looks like TG will get some kids back

Not sure I would ask the elevate director but I think you can ask your daughters coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DON'T WAIT… ASK RIGHT AWAY IF THE CLUB HAS ENOUGH TO FIELD THE TEAM YOUR DAUGHTER IS ON… BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE TO FIND ANOTHER CLUB. IF ELEVATE IS WHAT THEY SAY, ALL ABOUT THE GIRLS, THEN THEY SHOULD BE HONEST WITH YOU ABOUT THE TEAMS ROSTER.

Lets be real people, Elevate is not going to tell you if the don't have enough kids? They will string you along, have you play with other 2018 teams, have you play with the 2017's, etc. as they try and drum up enough kids to get a team. I agree, I would ask the coach for a roster of the kids that are on the team, the kids that have actually signed up. The only way you will know is if they have a 2018 red practice and my guess is, you will not see that happen anytime soon. I agree with the above though, you paid your money, and a lot of it, ask the question as you have the right to know.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cause Dave will always tell the truth.....such a mensch...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red has plenty of players... And the smaller the team the Better the players turn out. Imo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a serious question. My daughter receives about 10 emails a day for either 4 on 4, 5 on 5 or 7 on 7 tournaments from numerous schools. Are they interested in my daughter or is it just a cash grab for the programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a serious question. My daughter receives about 10 emails a day for either 4 on 4, 5 on 5 or 7 on 7 tournaments from numerous schools. Are they interested in my daughter or is it just a cash grab for the programs?

In 98% of the situations it is a cash grab. If they want to see her they may invite her to a clinic or a camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with above, its a cash grab, but if your daughter has intrest in that particular school,. its a good place to start. You and her can talk to coaches at a clinic on the campus, they can see her, they can coach her. you can stay for a school tour.. make the most of it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with above, its a cash grab, but if your daughter has intrest in that particular school,. its a good place to start. You and her can talk to coaches at a clinic on the campus, they can see her, they can coach her. you can stay for a school tour.. make the most of it..
My experience is that these small-sided tournaments and other prospect days (besides doing them just for fun which many girls do) are valuable or could be valuable as (1) the initial interaction with coaches and a feel for the school in general for a school your child may be interested in early in the process or (2) if the coaches at the school have reached out to your club coaches about your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the big fall tournaments about to begin this weekend, do all clubs bring their full teams? Or do they make the committed girls stay home?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the big fall tournaments about to begin this weekend, do all clubs bring their full teams? Or do they make the committed girls stay home?

How did Elevate 2018 Blue do against YJ Blue today? I am sure YJ won - was it a close game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did Elevate 2018 Blue do against YJ Blue today? I am sure YJ won - was it a close game?

Not remotely close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, not even close but elevate has a couple of strong aggressive players. Saw one great defensive player and one middie that I cod honestly say we're pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Blue lost to a TLC "B" team that can't beat anyone in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Blue is best team on Long Island. Elevate Blue looked like a "C" team vs YJ Blue.
YJ Blue was missing 5 Starters and the score was 13 to 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES - DK got schooled by the Master CR !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the game and no there is no comparison but there were definitely s couple of elevate players agreed that could have run with YJ. Defender on elevate that was aggressive and really tried to fight back but most threw I'm their towels early on. I tend to think the defender speaking of used to be on YJ she seemed to know a lot of the girls on the YJ tea
Too bad see didn't stay on YJ for her sake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Blue lose to TLC White yesterday? White is TLC's B team. My guess is that the YJ kool-aid drinkers will say it was because they didn't have a full team. But still, as great as they claim they are, I would think a YJ Blue team could beat any B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did YJ Blue lose to TLC White yesterday? White is TLC's B team. My guess is that the YJ kool-aid drinkers will say it was because they didn't have a full team. But still, as great as they claim they are, I would think a YJ Blue team could beat any B team.

Yes, even without their three best players they should have beaten that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wrong . My daughter plays on TLC White and its their "A" team. It was a great game. I watched the first half of the YJ Blue vs Elevate Blue, Elevate Blue has a weak slow defense and really no offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your wrong . My daughter plays on TLC White and its their "A" team. It was a great game. I watched the first half of the YJ Blue vs Elevate Blue, Elevate Blue has a weak slow defense and really no offense.
Who cares everyone? IT IS FALL LACROSSE! Many teams not at full strength in the Fall and it is hard to tell who has full teams and who doesn't. Plus many of the girls are already committed. The summer is more of a real test when all teams are equally playing at full strength. While I admit most teams play to win, the fall is mostly about recruiting for those not committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ooh your wrong. Who says that!!! Please act your age. I watched the TLC game against yj and their no big shakes. TLC not great to me. No camparison. YJ is by by far a much more talented team in all aspects of the game!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not so sure about this. Me thinks you're wrong (see what I did there with the correct spelling?). Sounds like a YJ parent trying to make it seem like they lost to an A team. And, why would they watch and then comment on an Elevate/YJ game and emphasize the poor Elevate play? I live in MD and my daughter used to play against TLC all the time and for as long as I can remember TLC Red has been their A team and White has been the B team. I could be wrong.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard