BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73
Re: Boys 2024-4th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo needs to step up the talent pool. Outside of their starting lineup the talent drops off pretty fast. Good coaches but need more depth.

Same could be said for almost every team including Taz and WP.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is you could see some changes on the coaching front. Not much progress in two years at igloo, express in particular.

So silly...

Define progress. If by "progress" you mean wins you do realize that it is childish for you to even evaluate a team at this grade level? Does your son play for one of these teams? You do realize that it surpasses childish and moves to sick to evaluate a team at this grade level that your son doesn't play for?

Moreover; team progress at this age is completely irrelevant. It is all about personal progress for your son.

Trust me, you will agree with me when you grow up some day.

And yes, I realize this post will completely fall on deaf ears on this forum. But it makes me feel better to spread some wisdom around here damn it!

Be well

Couldn't agree more...well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's more then 1kid!
agreed...it's more like 4-5
what does that mean for the current players?

It means the current Taz players will get bumped. Maybe they tryout for WP. Maybe Igloo or Express. The kids that are exceptional at 8 or 9 are not necessarily the same kids that are standouts at 10 and 11. Getting your son on a top team early on does not grandfather him in for future years. Generally, the better the team, the less chance a player has on staying on it. Unless of course he's a top player. In my experience with my older sons, you'll see 70%-80% of the original Taz and WP players on different teams by the time they hit 7th grade. It's a tough pill to swallow, but that's how it works.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's more then 1kid!

It means the current Taz players will get bumped. Maybe they tryout for WP. Maybe Igloo or Express. The kids that are exceptional at 8 or 9 are not necessarily the same kids that are standouts at 10 and 11. Getting your son on a top team early on does not grandfather him in for future years. Generally, the better the team, the less chance a player has on staying on it. Unless of course he's a top player. In my experience with my older sons, you'll see 70%-80% of the original Taz and WP players on different teams by the time they hit 7th grade. It's a tough pill to swallow, but that's how it works.

Its not 4 or 5 so none of this matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's more then 1kid!

Its not 4 or 5 so none of this matters

I will be closer to 5 thank 1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
????? What???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
people we need to slow down on the liquid lunches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's more then 1kid!

Nobody of quality from taz or Wolfpack is leaving for express or igloo. The coaching, commitment and quality of play isn't close.

The coaches for WP and Taz are dedicated head coaches. Schwajle and Barone spread way too thin and it shows.

IMO taz is on top because they have a non dad head coach who is focused on that one team. Makes a huge difference. Btw, my son is not on the team but I wish he was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2 clubs on LI offer over 50 practices a year and it shows on the field. The rest are developing at a slower rate. All should tryout and challenge the top kids on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 2 clubs on LI offer over 50 practices a year and it shows on the field. The rest are developing at a slower rate. All should tryout and challenge the top kids on LI.

Team 24?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 24?

Taz, WP, 24, O'Reilly...there's 4

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP,TAZ,IGLOO... the 3 teams that will have all the talent within the next 2-3 seasons. Get on board

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are located in Suffolk County, north shore. PJ area. Any suggestions for what teams would be good to tryout for? I'd say my son is a B player so I'm looking for something where he can enjoy playing, practicing, learning the game, and making some new friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 24?

Taz, WP, 24, O'Reilly...there's 4

Funny, I get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 24??? My Son played in maybe a dozen tournaments this season and havent played or even heard the 24 name mentioned..how are they possibly thinking they should be considered being included as one of the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50 practices is that a selling point now? Stick your kid out there 150x in a year if the coach is not good my kid who practices 20X with a great teacher and coach will be much better off. Buyer beware, cant stress it enough to meet the coach if you know who they are. Zummo is a great coach and your kid is better off with him 10x than 50x with a lot of these guys out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP,TAZ,IGLOO... the 3 teams that will have all the talent within the next 2-3 seasons. Get on board

ok igloo dad. only thing igloo leads in is cost. nice uniforms but as overrated a team there is in travel lax. black ice is legit but thats it pal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
50+ practices?? I'm sure their parents and younger siblings must love being dragged to lax practice for their pre-pubescent 10 yr old. More than half of these kids will burn out by the time they're 15! Way to go, coach!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FWIW, Team LI beat Igloo this year. Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did team 24. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So did longboards. In fairness team 24 was all express and taz and longboards all taz.

Team LI is legitimate. Best goalie on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So did longboards. In fairness team 24 was all express and taz and longboards all taz.

Team LI is legitimate. Best goalie on Long Island.
solid team that avoids the top teams. I mean they played at summer Sunset in Nassau vs town teams instead of a true B level travel tourney in their back yard because they knew longboards, high voltage and JS club team was there. Say what you want but thats a bad look as Summer Sunset advertises to B and C teams only

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would think with igloo entering year 3 they will attract and get better. Late tryouts though.....was the additional day for tryouts well attended?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would think with igloo entering year 3 they will attract and get better. Late tryouts though.....was the additional day for tryouts well attended?
they will make some upgrades...Barone will be fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After first line talent drops. First string middies are pretty solid, next line is questionable. Saw them in a couple of tournaments this year. TB leans on that first line heavy.Solid goalie and attack. Few upgrades and they are in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he def coming back? At first tryout AA said no coaching decisions had been finalized yet.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Outlaws will Have 2 Very Competitive Teams. Will Practice Min 30 Times through out year. Kids do need to play other sports. 8 Week Winter session. 1 Fall 1 Spring and 4 Summer Tournaments.
Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
Outlaws will Have 2 Very Competitive Teams. Will Practice Min 30 Times through out year. Kids do need to play other sports. 8 Week Winter session. 1 Fall 1 Spring and 4 Summer Tournaments.
Thanks
Black was not very competitive this past year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he def coming back? At first tryout AA said no coaching decisions had been finalized yet.
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah. They will get bench players from taz at best. Best north shore kids will go to express. Best south shore kids already play for taz or pack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Matt O'Rourke & Mike Thompson coaching the Wolfpack's B team this year. Old Avengers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Matt O'Rourke & Mike Thompson coaching the Wolfpack's B team this year. Old Avengers

No averagers left, they are all with express and Oreally

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Uncle Johns band]Outlaws will Have 2 Very Competitive Teams. Will Practice Min 30 Times through out year. Kids do need to play other sports. 8 Week Winter session. 1 Fall 1 Spring and 4 Summer Tournaments.
Thanks
Black was not very competitive this past year.

Their select team wasn't very competitive either

Page 73 of 73 1 2 71 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard