BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 69 70
Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2023-5th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many teams in this age group are going to be really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So many teams in this age group are going to be really good.

What teams do you know will be tops?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do you see a shift coming in the age to a little more physical play? My oldest is in this so this is new to me. I noticed some kids getting a little more physical this year, mainly some of the bigger kids. I'm not complaining, just asking if this is where it is "allowed" to start coming out more? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So do you see a shift coming in the age to a little more physical play? My oldest is in this so this is new to me. I noticed some kids getting a little more physical this year, mainly some of the bigger kids. I'm not complaining, just asking if this is where it is "allowed" to start coming out more? Thanks

I started playing my son up to 6th grade this year because he has gotten a lot better stick skills and faster. This is a good age to test the physicalness of the kids. In my opinion.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening with HB? All kinds of rumors swirling. Are they dead?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is happening with HB? All kinds of rumors swirling. Are they dead?

No. BM out though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to be an interesting tryout season for sure. BM out. How many go with him? How many stay?? And with who?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HB? Hampton bays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HB? Hampton bays?
honey Badgers. LI Express team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club would hire BM?
His only dream was to beat the Bandits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've dreamed about beautiful woman, I've dreamed about winning a big lotto. I can honestly say I've never dreamed about my sons 10 year old lacrosse team winning a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that BM is out with Honey Badgers and no longer coaching or affiliated with the team? His choice or pushed out by Express and if true, is he coaching a new team this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that BM is out with Honey Badgers and no longer coaching or affiliated with the team? His choice or pushed out by Express and if true, is he coaching a new team this season?

Whether or not he left on his own or was asked to leave is irrelevant. That kind of instability is going to hurt the team. Wherever he goes, a few boys will likely follow. I've heard of a few of the other boys moving to other teams even before is announcement. Looks like the #2 slot is up for grabs next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM was told to leave. Then tried to take team with him but according to a few there were no takers. He is claiming the HB name so for all of you who dreamed of having a child on the badgers there are plenty of spots available!!!! Next thing you know he'll be begging for express to take him back. How pathetic. Maybe the Bandits will take him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whether or not he left on his own or was asked to leave is irrelevant. That kind of instability is going to hurt the team. Wherever he goes, a few boys will likely follow. I've heard of a few of the other boys moving to other teams even before is announcement. Looks like the #2 slot is up for grabs next year.

Was told he left after a blowout with other coach. The Honey Badger name has always been an issue with the Express guys so I imagine it eventually was the straw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM was told to leave. Then tried to take team with him but according to a few there were no takers. He is claiming the HB name so for all of you who dreamed of having a child on the badgers there are plenty of spots available!!!! Next thing you know he'll be begging for express to take him back. How pathetic. Maybe the Bandits will take him

Sounds like Mike Chanenchuk is back on the boards. LOL That's pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would BM be told to leave? Doubt the rumor. His passion is to beat the Bandits. The Express parents don't know what's going on. AJ is second in command and he'll be next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't know why BM was asked to leave then you never played HB saw what was happening on the sidelines. It was a disgrace. The boys succeeded despite him. Good for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an inaccurate statement. Check your facts before spewing your stupidity. I guess it's easy to throw a whole bunch of nonsense out there to see what sticks when you're able to do so behind a cloak of anonymity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is spot on. I saw them play Igloo late in season and he was nuts on the sideline.
So where is BM going with the HB name? Need to make sure I don't pay for that tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turmoil at Express. Hopefully the cheap shot defender is leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM is going to Legacy with a bunch of his Badgers. Should be a great team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many teams Legacy and Outlaws have in this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the 2023 Coach of Bluefish will be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the True Blue website not updated since year 2014? They haven't announced fees, how many practices, who the coaches are, tournaments, etc. And they are asking to have you sign up and pay money for tryouts? Somebody from True Blue please explain.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Why is the True Blue website not updated since year 2014? They haven't announced fees, how many practices, who the coaches are, tournaments, etc. And they are asking to have you sign up and pay money for tryouts? Somebody from True Blue please explain.

I suggest that you register and sign in and ask this question in the Tryout thread. It is doubtful that anyone from True Blue will see it here. If you have reasonable questions, which it appears that you do, post them in the correct thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The head coach will be Coach Cat again who is also the co-head coach at Adelphi University

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] BM is going to Legacy with a bunch of his Badgers. Should be a great team.[/quote

Not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] BM is going to Legacy with a bunch of his Badgers. Should be a great team.[/quote

Not true.

Only part not true is that a that a bunch of badgers would follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM is getting a raw deal. He started the Honey Badgers and had to answer to owners who's program is falling apart and only about the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 BlueFish..who cares..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, it's Seth Tierny. His reputation is on the line. It's gonna be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He built the Badgers into a winner.BM is a very good coach...In fact, relentless! Wherever he goes the team is going to improve dramatically. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Seth Tierney himself will coach the 2023 team? Or is he just the Director of the program and we will see someone else at practices? Coaches make a huge difference for any team. Just want to know what I would be getting if my son made the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

some people might. shouldn't really bother you but it seems you are one of the minority on here who post a majority of the negativity. you can bash them next year after some supposed slight you feel you got.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you send your kid to an extra tryout or 2 just to get some practice before his "real" tryout, if it was cost effective?

Thanks

User
User

Your from Jersey....who cares

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Planning to do a few tryouts keeping all options open. Problem is a lot of the tryouts are on same weekend and some overlap times completely. So sorting through what is best option. One criteria coming down to who is coaching. A lot of uncertainty and drama out there on 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 best coaches for this grade are probably the 91 Bandits and True Blue. The Bandits are coached by a MLL Coach and TB is coached by a college Coach. The Outlaws have a lot of good coaches but I don't know who coaches this grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue???
Spalina - amazing coach
True Blue - absolutely irrelevant at this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irrelevant? True Blue has JC from Adelphi University coaching! Anyone in the Lax world would tell you he is a great coach. Just look at his 2017 team and all the big time recruits he has. Let me guess your kid plays on some big name team with a coach that played somewhere in college but has Zero coaching background? Good luck with that. This person asked about great coaching not big name teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Irrelevant? True Blue has JC from Adelphi University coaching! Anyone in the Lax world would tell you he is a great coach. Just look at his 2017 team and all the big time recruits he has. Let me guess your kid plays on some big name team with a coach that played somewhere in college but has Zero coaching background? Good luck with that. This person asked about great coaching not big name teams.

My kid's coach, who is also his father, is a drunk and a loud mouth. No one like him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought long and hard about this upcoming year. My kid is a 3 sport athlete and unless we have him truly focus on lacrosse and play year round, he will be delegated to a "B" team. We are going to forgo any tryouts and play with our town team which happened this year. We will take some beatings, but at least he will play with the kids who he will end up in HS with and get coached by our HS coaches. No more BS playing for teams that are in it for the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanx for the heads up. We were all waiting on pins and needles for you to make your announcement on your sons future before we choose a team for our sons to tryout for. Glad you did it sooner than later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a parent that has a clue. Why pay these guys a lot of $ so your kids can have swag from these elite programs so you the parents can say We play for so and so..Remember you dont play. Your kid plays. Have them try out for a travel program in 7th/8th grade when it mattters. Play as many sports as they can when they are young.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue???
Spalina - amazing coach
True Blue - absolutely irrelevant at this age group

Get off his ****. You can't even spell his name !!
Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to try out for a few teams. What are your thoughts on Outlaws, or Igloo ? These seem to be the best (good players, practices and tourney choices) options after those two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is going to try out for a few teams. What are your thoughts on Outlaws, or Igloo ? These seem to be the best (good players, practices and tourney choices) options after those two.

What about the other teams? I know you guys aren't a fan of some teams, but to censor comments kind of makes you seem petty and, more importantly, it hurts the credibility of this site. It very disappointing. You're changing the comments of others to support your agenda.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching is the most important decision. At the end of the year you want your kid to be a better player than when he started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best teams in this group will be:

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

What tournaments did they enter? How did they fare? Did they play Express, or Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

Bob????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a mess with BM leaving. It seems like that program is having a lot of problems recently. 91 Bandits best by far last year. Legacy True Blue and Igloo will all be very good A Division teams this year. Igloo gets a new coach this year so not sure how that is going to play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo not solid either. New coach. Unproven. No assistant named yet although rumors are not positive. It will be interesting to see how many players stick around or jump to teams with stronger foundation/coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanx for the heads up. We were all waiting on pins and needles for you to make your announcement on your sons future before we choose a team for our sons to tryout for. Glad you did it sooner than later.

Thanks for your input. He was making a statement about the ridiculous travel scene obviously. Maybe you should read things twice and think about the message before slapping the keyboard in disgust.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure express has their team hand picked again this year. If they didn't call you for a tryout you might want to think long and hard before wasting your 100 bucks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy
True Blue
Igloo

What tournaments did they enter? How did they fare? Did they play Express, or Outlaws?

Those are all bottom tier A teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo not solid either. New coach. Unproven. No assistant named yet although rumors are not positive. It will be interesting to see how many players stick around or jump to teams with stronger foundation/coaching.

Wait, I thought Santa was coaching IGLOO because the boys need someone to nurture them, and not be so darn negative. Santa knows the 1-3-2 motion offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching Legacy?

A lot of turmoil with Legacy at this age level. Coaches of both teams are in turmoil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots are available on Outlaws 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

Owner Coach doesn't show up to practice. Save your $100.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many spots are available on Outlaws 2023?

A lot of spots open. Bring your $100

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We'll see how long Santa lasts when they don't win any games because they were too nurtured! Not to mention the whole team is turning over. Too bad. Everyone thought they had something going.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish started this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daddy coaches at igloo or are friends with the directors, you make the team regardless of the talent that shows up. they can deny it, but it is so true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daddy coaches at igloo or are friends with the directors, you make the team regardless of the talent that shows up. they can deny it, but it is so true

Yeah, have seen it at the Outlaws this past season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish looks very very interesting! If Tierney pulls it off and gets the numbers at tryouts it could be problematic for other Nassau clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish looks very very interesting! If Tierney pulls it off and gets the numbers at tryouts it could be problematic for other Nassau clubs.

Tierney will not be showing up. All of the other start ups had the same thing, great Director, but no support. It's all about the money and taking advantage of the growing lax scene. Who are the coaches for Bluefish?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It certainly can't hurt to tryout for Bluefish. Hopefully Bluefish gets a good showing at tryouts, my son will definitely be much better off surrounded by talented players rather than playing for his current wannabe travel team, the talent just isn't there. I'm confident there will be quality coaches for Bluefish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, have seen it at the Outlaws this past season.

Haha you are funny just another s##t stirrer - unfortunately there will always be an unhappy daddy trying to live through his son complaining about some coach or their son- my advise to anyone is to try out for a few clubs, while there speak to the other parents and ask questions about what the club offers, talk to the "coaches" at the try outs and make a decision based on your needs not on which team claims to be the best or has the nicest helmet wraps, then most of all TALK to your son and ask him how he feels about who he tried out with and what he wants. Good luck to all - it's a roller coaster ride enjoy it because it's over quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Talent is already too watered down!! New teams are at a huge disadvantage. Some old teams are in extreme turmoil!! Should be an interesting tryout season!!!:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The advantage some new teams may have is people are sick of the turmoil on what are supposed to be the established clubs. The money grab, revolving door of coaches and players is tiring. Maybe someone with a new perspective will get it right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

You can bash igloo and express all you want. No turmoil. One coach is leaving each team. There will still be plenty of kids at tryouts.

Talking about a money grab. Why do you think these new pop up programs are starting up? They see the $$ the others are making and are trying to get some for themselves. There is no new perspective.

Any "A" player that goes to one of the new start up clubs is setting themselves back a full year+
Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

You can bash igloo and express all you want. No turmoil. One coach is leaving each team. There will still be plenty of kids at tryouts.

Talking about a money grab. Why do you think these new pop up programs are starting up? They see the $$ the others are making and are trying to get some for themselves. There is no new perspective.

Any "A" player that goes to one of the new start up clubs is setting themselves back a full year+
Nice try though.

But at a fraction of the cost. Igloo & Express & Legacy are all losing their A team's head coach. Outlaws has their director stepping in to help theirs, which is even worse. You,re telling me that everything is going to be peachy over at these clubs? Who,s stay with the team? Who's following the coach? Who is the new coach? Where will he want to practice? These are a lot of serious questions when you're considering dropping $2k-$3k+ on a team. If Bluefish or another team are coming in at 1/2 that and giving gloves helmets, etc... People will try it. I'd hate to be a Honey Badger parent right now. That team was really good and everyone is jumping ship. Same with Legacy. I'm not saying a new club will be better, but the only guarantee with a lot of clubs is the high price tag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Spoken like a a Director from a sub par "A" club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Igloo's coach went or was put on another team - so what
Express coach left or went to another team -so what
Outlaws coach has been the same since they started and not changingd - so what
The point is that the kids at this age make the team and make the coach look and as the kids mature into adults they get better with good coaching.

But at a fraction of the cost. Igloo & Express & Legacy are all losing their A team's head coach. Outlaws has their director stepping in to help theirs, which is even worse. You,re telling me that everything is going to be peachy over at these clubs? Who,s stay with the team? Who's following the coach? Who is the new coach? Where will he want to practice? These are a lot of serious questions when you're considering dropping $2k-$3k+ on a team. If Bluefish or another team are coming in at 1/2 that and giving gloves helmets, etc... People will try it. I'd hate to be a Honey Badger parent right now. That team was really good and everyone is jumping ship. Same with Legacy. I'm not saying a new club will be better, but the only guarantee with a lot of clubs is the high price tag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stop fishing!!!!

Nice try though.

Igloo's coach went or was put on another team - so what
Express coach left or went to another team -so what
Outlaws coach has been the same since they started and not changingd - so what
The point is that the kids at this age make the team and make the coach look and as the kids mature into adults they get better with good coaching.

True; however, if I'm a parent with a child on one of those teams, I'm probably not going to bring my kid back. Badgers were well within striking distance at the end of the season. Now they will be middle of the road. Parents are starting to realize the agendas of these teams are not honorable. The coaches are just as bad. People will have different opinions, but I'm going with stability. My son's coach is great. Not a daddy coach. And, more importantly, he's not going anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Club? Totally agree. People are sick of the high priced drama and jerking around 10 year old boys. Consistency is going to be a big factor moving forward. And if people can save a grand or two along the way. All the better. The constant drive for being "the best" will be the downfall of many teams/Clubs. There is a lot to be said for happy players and happy sidelines. My guess is those are the clubs that will make the long haul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo lost coach, yes, but has another very qualified guy taking over. All of their players will be back trying out and they look to have a lot of other good players coming to tryouts. I wouldn't be worried about Igloo.

Nor would I worry about Express A (formerly Honey Badgers). The also have all of their kids coming back to tryouts and it sounds like the also have a bunch of other kids coming to tryout for the team. Their coaching staff is the same except that crazy guy BM who yells and tries to fight everyone is gone. No real loss, the other guy who was the co-head coach was the talent anyway.

So expect Igloo and Express to both be BETTER this year not worse. I don't know why people are writing that. BUT...... There is only one team that is at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo lost coach, yes, but has another very qualified guy taking over. All of their players will be back trying out and they look to have a lot of other good players coming to tryouts. I wouldn't be worried about Igloo.

Nor would I worry about Express A (formerly Honey Badgers). The also have all of their kids coming back to tryouts and it sounds like the also have a bunch of other kids coming to tryout for the team. Their coaching staff is the same except that crazy guy BM who yells and tries to fight everyone is gone. No real loss, the other guy who was the co-head coach was the talent anyway.
So expect Igloo and Express to both be BETTER this year not worse. I don't know why people are writing that. BUT...... There is only one team that is at the top.

I don't know many people at Igloo, but the one I did hear from said that a bunch of their players are trying out for other clubs. I know several Express guys and all of their kids are trying out for others, hoping to find a better home. The coach was only part of the reason. Two are coming over to my son's team. Before you say that tryouts didn't happen yet, be realistic. You seem to know how the game works. Either way, I'm not concerned with my son's team being the best. But his coach is great and his team was very successful. Most importantly, he loves it and gets better every practice. Good luck to all, whatever you decide.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another igloo parent drinking the "AA" Jim Jones Kool-Aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koolaid? If that's what you call an org that tells you up front the costs, schedule, location and gear for the year...then yes I've drunk the koolaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah all for the low low price of $3400 and sub par coaching. Haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When he does its only for 40 minutes. Practice is on field behind his house. Only coaches offensive plays then leaves. My favorite is watching him on his cell phone the wholegame at tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When he does its only for 40 minutes. Practice is on field behind his house. Only coaches offensive plays then leaves. My favorite is watching him on his cell phone the wholegame at tournaments.

That's the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koolaid? If that's what you call an org that tells you up front the costs, schedule, location and gear for the year...then yes I've drunk the koolaid.

$3400 for a team that can't keep a coach? You call that stability? Good luck with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing for parents to do is to take their boys to tryouts, talk to the coaches, and see if the new boys who show up will make the team better. If you play for a solid club and the teams attracting better players it will all work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$3400 for a team that can't keep a coach? You call that stability? Good luck with that!

Dude, he's still with igloo just coaching an older grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with all these new teams trying to steal players? If you can't attract kids with your reputation then maybe you are in the wrong business!!!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What's with all these new teams trying to steal players? If you can't attract kids with your reputation then maybe you are in the wrong business!!!

What do you mean by that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the wonderful world of travel lacrosse. Nothing new. Usually the player poaching happens at the tournaments when coaches ask for players names! And it gets better every year.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the wonderful world of travel lacrosse. Nothing new. Usually the player poaching happens at the tournaments when coaches ask for players names! And it gets better every year.

You can't steal players that want to stay committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanna bet! Happens all the time.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

So they are kidnapped?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is BM going this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

So they are kidnapped?

New teams will try to entice coaches to their program by giving them "director" status and a piece of the pie if they bring kids with them. They are all doing it. It's up to the parents to make a decision based on the overall program and its history.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

So they are kidnapped?

New teams will try to entice coaches to their program by giving them "director" status and a piece of the pie if they bring kids with them. They are all doing it. It's up to the parents to make a decision based on the overall program and its history.

For the clubs and coaches it's a business. The parents buy into the hype and shop their kids around. No one steals them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the current Bluefish Model..what happens to that program when those guys leave Hofstra. What's the sales pitch then? We used to be blah blah...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the current Bluefish Model..what happens to that program when those guys leave Hofstra. What's the sales pitch then? We used to be blah blah...

I have been speaking with the principals there and they are ALL committed to building their program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick protective comments from the moderator...unusual..

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Quick protective comments from the moderator...unusual..

I am very impressed by them.. I don't say things that I don't mean!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New temas means maybe things get watered down, but you know what? Everyone has a place/chance to play. A teams, b teams, c teams. We quickly forget about kids playing a game. Unfortunately its a game wrapped up in a business. Bluefish for example is a new nassau team which is needed i would guess. If parents use logic they need to and ahve a right to ask questions and as paying customers have a right to answers and clubs backing up what they say. I dont know about everyone else but this adds up to a pricey endeavor.

My son is going to play for his town team again. Great group of kids/families, graet coaches. Maybe next year or a couple years he'll want to try out for a travel team. Rught now he is happy and having fun where he is, and has time for 3 other sports, school, video games, volunteering, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

So who is coaching the All Greys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin Travis. TONS of experience. He is great with the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually both original coaches are gone DK and Lizards coach were the assigned coaches at the start. Lizards coach jumped ship early on and DK got pushed out. At years end it was a typical 3 grand bait and switch with zero accountability from AA. Told you getting a Benz but received a Kia for Benz $$$$. New coach doesn't have same pedigree as original staff but price hasn't gotten lower.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard this as well. Most Huntington kids leaving their teams to play for Greys. The hope is to make a super PAL team and their high school program stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more than Huntington kids will play on All Greys. It will NOT be a Huntington team at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more than Huntington kids will play on All Greys. It will NOT be a Huntington team at all

Correct. I said most not all. If it was all kids than it would be just the PAL team. They will need a few others from outside towns to round out the roster. You think the Huntington High School coach doesn't have the big picture of his future teams in mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure he does. He would be foolish to not carry a few of the better kids from Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They(All Greys) will get the B Players that can not make top clubs at first. If they do things right they will then start to draw better kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I know for a fact that at least 10 players from the top A teams ( and good players on those teams) will playing for All Greys this year. Once word gets out, I bet other players will tryout. This team will compete with igloo,Outlaws and express right away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I know for a fact that at least 10 players from the top A teams ( and good players on those teams) will playing for All Greys this year. Once word gets out, I bet other players will tryout. This team will compete with igloo,Outlaws and express right away.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Another igloo parent drinking the "AA" Jim Jones Kool-Aid

Actually both original coaches are gone DK and Lizards coach were the assigned coaches at the start. Lizards coach jumped ship early on and DK got pushed out. At years end it was a typical 3 grand bait and switch with zero accountability from AA. Told you getting a Benz but received a Kia for Benz $$$$. New coach doesn't have same pedigree as original staff but price hasn't gotten lower. [/quote

Right but they ended up 3rd best team in the age group and very close to badgers. Nobody complaining other than you. Don't be angry bc your kid got cut. Btw, it's not 3400.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what your laughing at. Did you see igloos offense last year? Do you know which players are returning to igloo,Outlaws and express? Too many of these teams are cauht up in the hype of apparel and empty promises. Too many coaching changes. The coaching on igloo and Outlaws (Outlaws had good parent coach) was sub par at best.This entire grade is in a major transition right now. If you don't agree, I'm wasting my time here. If ANY of the "A" teams lose 4-5 players, their team will suffer which is why they will all be competitive this year. The only true "A" team in this grade is 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin Travis coaching 2023 team? When is the try outs and where? Thanks great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

My opinion only based on tourney results. Fine if you don't agree but who would you say closest to top two then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of the "A" teams are losing 4-5 players at a minimum. Clubs had the talent but blew it in their chase for first place. Next year will be a whole new ballgame!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your facts DK is gone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never happen. They will get a heavy dose of Huntington and some surrounding areas. Unfortunately for them, the stronger players will continue to gravitate to the stronger clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

I have heard this as well. Most Huntington kids leaving their teams to play for Greys. The hope is to make a super PAL team and their high school program stronger. [/quote

Thats ok most of the kids if not all didn't get much playing time so they will leave and probably not missed- No big deal - the teams will always loose and add players every year. Good luck to all at tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

My opinion only based on tourney results. Fine if you don't agree but who would you say closest to top two then?

[/quote

Guess you don't check ALL results just igloo results - they aren't that good but i will give you getting better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't put anyone at the number 3 spot. Until Outlaws, Legacy, Igloo, and Express all play each other, there will be the top team (who's name won't be mentioned) and everyone else. Just because they play one good game against a team missing 2 of their 3 top middies doesn't put them above anyone. Who else have they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't put anyone at the number 3 spot. Until Outlaws, Legacy, Igloo, and Express all play each other, there will be the top team (who's name won't be mentioned) and everyone else. Just because they play one good game against a team missing 2 of their 3 top middies doesn't put them above anyone. Who else have they played?

Express B? LOL! Igloo beat Legacy over 4th of July. Don't think played outlaws. Tied bethesda blue at laxfest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express B? LOL! Igloo beat Legacy over 4th of July. Don't think played outlaws. Tied bethesda blue at laxfest

That's what I'm saying. Not much to brag about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat Bethesda blue Maryland and lost to Honeybadgers in OT at Maverick. No one was missing in HB!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what I'm saying. Not much to brag about.

keep telling yourself that express B daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who want to know who is coaching the team and what location practices are in

Long Island Bengals

Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick

Director and Head Coach 2023 Boys Team

Occupation

Special Education Teacher in Bellmore-Merrick School District (2005 - Present)
Playing Career

Viking Lacrosse Club
Lacrosse Unlimited Lacrosse Club
Suffolk Lacrosse Club
Stony Brook University 1997-2001
Wantagh High School 1997 (All-County)
Coaching

Bellmore JFK High School Head Coach (2014-Present)
Plainedge High School Assistant Coach/Offfensive Coordinator (2012-2013)
Mepham High School Assistant Coach/Offensive Coordinator (2005-2011)
Dowling College Assistant Coach (2002-2004)
Wantagh Tribe Summer/Winter 2021 Team (2013-2014)
Team 91 Summer Team 10th and 11th Grade Elite Teams (2011-2012)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with so called "elite" teams and why there is so much movement year to year is why would an a or a- player want to play on an "elite" team and have to fight for playing time when they can go to most other teams and have no issues with playing time at all. It's common sense, I don't understand why people can't grasp this concept.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I think the days of 2-3 elite teams are over. Parents and players are getting smarter. New clubs are forming because people see HOW much money these sub par clubs make. There are sooooo many great coaches NOT at these "elite" programs. 5 years ago if you weren't on an "elite" team, you would go un-noticed. Not the case anymore...STOP wasting your money on apparel and swag. Pay for coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Parents are tired of paying thousands to an "elite" club team, spending thousands traveling to tournaments, to watch their children play 5 minutes of lacrosse. For what-- the glory to say you were there? People are growing tired of it. Free tshirts only go so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Parents are tired of paying thousands to an "elite" club team, spending thousands traveling to tournaments, to watch their children play 5 minutes of lacrosse. For what-- the glory to say you were there? People are growing tired of it. Free tshirts only go so far.

Especially when a Director is arrogant, is not transparent, can't reach them, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm willing to do all that in order to have my team hat and car sticker and walk around tournaments like a big shot and brag to my colleagues at work about all the tournaments my kid's team wins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are out of your mind. It is 4th grade lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade buddy.

Get it right!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5th grade buddy.

Get it right!

Technically they are not in 5th grade until September.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware of the one off teams. Generally they consist of parents who are disgruntled and motivated to protect #1. In the long run you want to be with a team associated with a solid infrastructure and the ability to attract good players and families. You don't want to be searching for a new team every other year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)
Team 2 - Mike Chanenchuk Jr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beware of the one off teams. Generally they consist of parents who are disgruntled and motivated to protect #1. In the long run you want to be with a team associated with a solid infrastructure and the ability to attract good players and families. You don't want to be searching for a new team every other year.

Obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting

Yes there's a change. The coaches didn't get along. BM is out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

Team 1- head coach is gone. Assistant taking over. That's a big change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the better. Game changer. That team will have very little if any turnover now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

Team 1- head coach is gone. Assistant taking over. That's a big change.

They were co- head coaches. Which was not going to work in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The Express sent an email about this age about who would be the coaches for Team 1 & 2.

Team 1 - AJ (no change)

So no change to team 1. Interesting [/
The coaches didn't get along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First tryouts in the books for 2023 outlaws. 60 % of last years team was not there. I guess some not returning and vacations. Very hot on the field and the kids played very tired. Not enough breaks so evaluations can be to accurate. Speaking of evaluators, somemof them looked like high school kids, which another parent said was his son and friends. Most evaluators were not paying attention half the time, they were done by the scrimmage. Tryout ended early because hey ran out of drills I guess. They told the boys that 60- 70 kids signed up, maybe there were thirty five there today. Emails to come on Monday and they are having two teams. Not a good representation of play today in an 1 hour 10 minute tryout. Tough if you had a bad day or heat got to you. On to the next tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First tryouts in the books for 2023 outlaws. 60 % of last years team was not there. I guess some not returning and vacations. Very hot on the field and the kids played very tired. Not enough breaks so evaluations can be to accurate. Speaking of evaluators, somemof them looked like high school kids, which another parent said was his son and friends. Most evaluators were not paying attention half the time, they were done by the scrimmage. Tryout ended early because hey ran out of drills I guess. They told the boys that 60- 70 kids signed up, maybe there were thirty five there today. Emails to come on Monday and they are having two teams. Not a good representation of play today in an 1 hour 10 minute tryout. Tough if you had a bad day or heat got to you. On to the next tryout.

Wow 60 %.... and another parent said..... and you ran all the way home to post this at 130..............get a grip - how would you know who did or didn't show up. Im sure the outlaws along with every other org. starting tryouts will be just fine - you are just another one stirring the crap pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the better. Game changer. That team will have very little if any turnover now

We shall see. BM was the reason that team exceeded expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow 60 %.... and another parent said..... and you ran all the way home to post this at 130..............get a grip - how would you know who did or didn't show up. Im sure the outlaws along with every other org. starting tryouts will be just fine - you are just another one stirring the crap pot.

No, I'm just another parent who is tired of the Bull that PB represents. We've got 3 more tryouts with other teams we're looking forward to. Done with this team!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Three more try outs, rather busy this summer? Just to clarify.
21 of the 22 Kids that played last year are registered for tryouts. 50 total now, and should be 60-65 when all said on done. We will field 2 Solid teams at 2023. One High school kid(My son , Warming up goalies). Finished a little early because it was close to 100 degrees and a few kids were not feeling well.
Thanks to all 350 Kids/Parents that showed up for all try outs yesterday. All e mails going out Mon/Tuesday.
PB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right. We shall see. The talent and skills those boys have will not disappear with a coach change.

You're off base a little with those expectations. Two parents, at least, already moving to my sons team. Good players, too. I'm sure there won't be a major exodus, but realistic expectations would be to lose 4-5. My two buddies and a few to follow coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I'm just another parent who is tired of the Bull that PB represents. We've got 3 more tryouts with other teams we're looking forward to. Done with this team!

Good luck on your new team - as an outlaw parent i am very happy to see you go - your son is always welcome to come and play but parents like you who come on here and bash others need to go away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a HB parent and the talent and skills are there because of the countless hours that man put in since the beggining. Something tells me if your a parent who thinks otherwise; you're both very ungreatful and probably a kid who wasn't going to make the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM leaves and the assistant coach wants to do less but somehow still beat the Bandits? On top of that some talented kids are leaving with BM. Good luck! Sounds like that unsinkable ship....The SS Titanic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow thank goodness my kids doesn't play on the HB with this parent. Amazing that you bash the efforts of a guy who just spent the
Last few years developing those kids into a very good team. I always hear that you practice 3/4 days a week and all winter long yet you still show no respect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM was and is a great coach. He is tough, demanding, and fun, and constantly, constantly trying to make the kids better. AJ was and is a great coach. He is tough, demanding, and fun, and constantly, constantly trying to make the kids better. I have no doubt that both BM and AJ, both talented coaches, will further develop their teams and have successful seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, they take anybody who tries out. If you currently play for a town PAL team, come on down and try out. Your kid will get on their "A" team and get some more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There should be a bunch of open spots on this team with the head coach leaving, I assume 4-5 players leave with him and 4-5 leave b/c he is leaving. Should be interesting to have that many open spots on a top team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very confused. Emails are already out and still another weekend of tryouts???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After 1st try out some kids are taken - then after next try out more - same way they have always done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a HB parent and the talent and skills are there because of the countless hours that man put in since the beggining. Something tells me if your a parent who thinks otherwise; you're both very ungreatful and probably a kid who wasn't going to make the team this year.

Interesting statements. But if you knew more you'd be able to explain why not a single HB player agreed to go with BM when he was let go. The lies and deceit finally caught up with him. He made many calls to parents and had a parent meeting yet not a single one is following to his new club. That speaks VOLUMES.

So explain that one since you seem to know everything. Clearly there is something very wrong there because many of these families were with that team for multiple years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would anyone know who is going to stay and who is leaving until tryouts are over? People have free will and I am sure a couple will leave with or without coaching problems. AJ is a great player but as a coach TBD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout.

1/
You my man are a tool and are doing your son a tremendous disservice. There are plenty of fine coaches who coach the second team in some organizations and one of these coaches may connect with your son. It's not how the race starts but how it finishes and regardless of the impetuousness of college coaches recruiting middle schoolers 5th grade is still young to poison your sons brain. As long as your boy stays passionate and continues to understand the game the right way everything works itself out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout. [/quote
1/
You my man are a tool and are doing your son a tremendous disservice. There are plenty of fine coaches who coach the second team in some organizations and one of these coaches may connect with your son. It's not how the race starts but how it finishes and regardless of the impetuousness of college coaches recruiting middle schoolers 5th grade is still young to poison your sons brain. As long as your boy stays passionate and continues to understand the game the right way everything works itself out.

Why is he a tool. Because he is teaching his son to always strive for excellence. Their are many teams out there and doesn't want his son to settle for the first team he made on the first weekend of a month and a half tryout season. Nobody even knows who the coach is for the outlaw black team yet. Not posted anywhere nor was it addressed at the tryout. There are more questions than answers. The coach will have a big impact on how passionate the boy stays and if he continues to understand the game as you put it. Most B teams don't get that quality of a coach and it's usually some college kid trying to make extra money over the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In regards to the 2023 Outlaws, I felt there were many talented kids in attendance. Sure anyone could make up an excuse of why their child did not play up to their potential, but it was 90 degrees for everyone. My gripe was receiving an email stating my son was invited to play for the "black" team only to receive a follow up email 2 hours later stating the black team was the B team and the A team is now called "select". If my memory serves me correct, the A team for outlaws was named "black". I told my son before tryouts that he could play only if he made the A team. It is my philosophy that there are no "b teams" in life, so if you settle for less than the best, you are selling yourself short. It sucked to break the news to him, but hopefully he will strive to improve for the next team's tryout. [/quote
1/

Why is he a tool. Because he is teaching his son to always strive for excellence. Their are many teams out there and doesn't want his son to settle for the first team he made on the first weekend of a month and a half tryout season. Nobody even knows who the coach is for the outlaw black team yet. Not posted anywhere nor was it addressed at the tryout. There are more questions than answers. The coach will have a big impact on how passionate the boy stays and if he continues to understand the game as you put it. Most B teams don't get that quality of a coach and it's usually some college kid trying to make extra money over the summer.

I don't think there is anything wrong waiting to try out for other teams to hold their try outs and strive for an A team. Many parents sacrifice for their kid to play travel sports and if they only make a B team they might prefer to put the money into clinics and camps instead. B teams can be great and they can be terrible. If the coach is good, committed, fair and motivating, that is great. However, the kids on the team have to be all in too. Sometimes you'll find the families aren't as committed and kids don't show for practices or games because they play for more than one team, other sports or it's just not the team they want and the motivation is lacking. I've seen it both ways. A teams usually don't struggle with this and I think it is wise for the dad to encourage his son to wait it out, work hard and strive for the best. That said, I don't think anyone should put down a B team at any level just because they are a B team. Not every kid is an A player and there should be teams for all kids to play. The key is to find one that is a good fit and kids and coaches are committed. They are out there and can be worth the time and money .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it's not about A/B it's about getting better. Because it's not about the parent who never accomplished anything athletically it's about your child growing at his own pace. I have seen many 5th grade A players fail miserably at the MS and HS levels and 5th grade B players bypass their A team club mates toward D1 commitments. Bottom line seek the best experience for your son and forget labeling A/B teams, your son should be saying his team, my team or our team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because it's not about A/B it's about getting better. Because it's not about the parent who never accomplished anything athletically it's about your child growing at his own pace. I have seen many 5th grade A players fail miserably at the MS and HS levels and 5th grade B players bypass their A team club mates toward D1 commitments. Bottom line seek the best experience for your son and forget labeling A/B teams, your son should be saying his team, my team or our team.

AMEN!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed.

How about "son would you like to play, have fun, and work on getting better"? Your quest for you son to be awesome like you is only going to hold him back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!!!

Agreed. Unfortunately most B teams don't get a good or dedicated coach. The directors usually don't even give them the time of day. Read the post here, outlaws had tryouts this weekend and sent emails out telling you have a week to register or lose your spot. nobody has any idea who is coaching their black team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!!!

Agreed. Unfortunately most B teams don't get a good or dedicated coach. The directors usually don't even give them the time of day. Read the post here, outlaws had tryouts this weekend and sent emails out telling you have a week to register or lose your spot. nobody has any idea who is coaching their black team.

Classic bate and switch. It happens every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling me a tool because I am teaching my son not to settle for less? I am very skeptical of "B" teams. I sincerely believe most "B" programs are more of a "your kid didn't make the team but we'll gladly take your $2400" than a program dedicated to improving the kids that didn't make the cut. I am sure there are exceptions so don't get all butt-hurt if your son's B team is nurturing him to your satisfaction.

"That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed."

If you are referring to me, you are making a giant assumption. My son plays other sports during the year as well as PAL and summer lax. I don't feel a $2000 plus fee to be on a substandard team is worth it. There are other avenues to have fun playing lacrosse without having to pay an arm and a leg. He will get plenty of minutes playing with kids his age and older, so I am not concerned with him skipping club ball.

Anyway, my son is trying out for other teams.
Club lacrosse is a hustle. If you feel you are getting your money's worth with your kid playing on a "B" team, then do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calling me a tool because I am teaching my son not to settle for less? I am very skeptical of "B" teams. I sincerely believe most "B" programs are more of a "your kid didn't make the team but we'll gladly take your $2400" than a program dedicated to improving the kids that didn't make the cut. I am sure there are exceptions so don't get all butt-hurt if your son's B team is nurturing him to your satisfaction.

"That makes sense too. Sit, don't play for another year because you didn't make the "a" team. That will help him improve to make it next year. We'll just play catch in the backyard because we already know daddy is an "a" player so that's allowed."

If you are referring to me, you are making a giant assumption. My son plays other sports during the year as well as PAL and summer lax. I don't feel a $2000 plus fee to be on a substandard team is worth it. There are other avenues to have fun playing lacrosse without having to pay an arm and a leg. He will get plenty of minutes playing with kids his age and older, so I am not concerned with him skipping club ball.

Club lacrosse is a hustle. If you feel you are getting your money's worth with your kid playing on a "B" team, then do so.

I would have to agree that staying away from b teams is usually a good idea. Unless you absolutely love and know the coach and other players. Otherwise it is just frustrating and expensive. I learned my lesson and would never do it again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hard part of figuring out if your better on a clubs B team vs another clubs A team. Is being on Outlaws, express, b team better than Millon and Sharks A team.

I would have to agree that staying away from b teams is usually a good idea. Unless you absolutely love and know the coach and other players. Otherwise it is just frustrating and expensive. I learned my lesson and would never do it again!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The hard part of figuring out if your better on a clubs B team vs another clubs A team. Is being on Outlaws, express, b team better than Millon and Sharks A team.

There is only one club with a competitive B team. If you're looking to play in meaningful competive games on a B team then you need to try out for that one. If you're looking for a team that will allow your son a chance to grow and develop as a play, then there are plenty of options. Do your homework first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather the lesser club's A team as I would imagine more effort would be made to train and coach that team. At the end of the day, I guess it all boils down to the organization and the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would rather the lesser club's A team as I would imagine more effort would be made to train and coach that team. At the end of the day, I guess it all boils down to the organization and the coach.

Good choice. And any kid on this competitive b team who is a decent player will eventually be moving on. And I don't mean to that clubs a team because that rarely happens!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good choice. And any kid on this competitive b team who is a decent player will eventually be moving on. And I don't mean to that clubs a team because that rarely happens!

It's a very solid club. As far as kids moving up to the A team, not true at all. Two kids got moved up since the fall. Probably one more this tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a very solid club. As far as kids moving up to the A team, not true at all. Two kids got moved up since the fall. Probably one more this tryout.

If all these kids are moving up, what happened to the kids they are replacing? Why are they leaving the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If all these kids are moving up, what happened to the kids they are replacing? Why are they leaving the team?

What team are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get your points on the b teams not being an option for you. We haven't had any experiences good or bad with travel clubs. My son is on his town team. He's having a good time there and learning the game in a "non-hysterical" atmosphere. I thought you were looking at it as I'm too good for a b team mentality when you really don't want to give them a lot of $ for a less than advertised product. I apologize.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! New here and could use some advice from the seasoned parents. My son (2023) plays for our town "club" team. A large portion of our team also play for other club teams. Any recommendations for a good team, preferably not fathers coaching. We have that now and it can sometimes be a little self serving. I was considering, legacy, outlaws or force. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to make an expensive mistake or turn my child off to a sport he loves!! Thanks in advance!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one was replaced. The A team's roster was just strengthened with more depth. There may be an upgrade to a position at tryouts this year, but then again, maybe not. The program has a history of selecting kids from the B team at any time of the year if they think it will help the A team. This weakens the B team, but they view it as a farm system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi! New here and could use some advice from the seasoned parents. My son (2023) plays for our town "club" team. A large portion of our team also play for other club teams. Any recommendations for a good team, preferably not fathers coaching. We have that now and it can sometimes be a little self serving. I was considering, legacy, outlaws or force. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I would hate to make an expensive mistake or turn my child off to a sport he loves!! Thanks in advance!!

365Lax is run by MLL, NLL, and D1 St John's players. Compared to any other club, they have the most amount of practices year round for the tuition. Rates are reasonable. They are based out of Bethpage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st-Didn't Huntington have a select 2023 team in the past?
2nd- I tried the All Greys link from BOTC several times and keep getting a message that the page could not be found. Now what tournaments are the All Greys entering? What is the cost? What do you get in the number of practices, number of tournaments, and gear? Is Travis going to coach this team or just oversee it?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2nd- I tried the All Greys link from BOTC several times and keep getting a message that the page could not be found. Now what tournaments are the All Greys entering? What is the cost? What do you get in the number of practices, number of tournaments, and gear? Is Travis going to coach this team or just oversee it?

Thank you for letting us know. I will check in to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moderator: Any updates on True Blue? I've tried to email them 3 times and no answer. They do a lot of advertising, but.....no announcement on annual fee, when do they start to practice, how many practices, what's included in the annual fee?
Can you get some answers?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Moderator: Any updates on True Blue? I've tried to email them 3 times and no answer. They do a lot of advertising, but.....no announcement on annual fee, when do they start to practice, how many practices, what's included in the annual fee?

I am looking into this and I will get back to you.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

All Greys is having website issues. I am told that they will be back in full force this evening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is normal for true blue. Last year my son tried out and I never heard anything back from them when I called or emailed. The only thing I ever heard from them was when they send out a mass emailing saying if you have not heard from them you did not make it. Totally unprofessional.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
True Blue answered me right away and said that they email everyone back.

They would like your contact information so that they can contact you.

If you want to PM me and give me your contact, I will pass it along.

If not.. this is the email address I used and you should be using.

TBL-Directors truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the email I used 3 times.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

That's the email I used 3 times.

PM me your email address and I will give it to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fee's usually are announced at the tryouts. Last year they charged $1350. A pretty good deal. I called one of the directors and this is what he told me...This team will practice in the Fall, play in a Fall tournament, practice indoors and play a winter tournament then get once a week in the spring and 5 tournaments over the Summer. Custom CPR Helmet, Custom Gloves and more are included this year. At this 5th grade level they seem to have a buzz this year..They have someone on staff now to handle all emails and you can reach out to truebluelacrosse@gmail.com

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard