BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 69 70
Re: Boys 2023-5th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Club? Totally agree. People are sick of the high priced drama and jerking around 10 year old boys. Consistency is going to be a big factor moving forward. And if people can save a grand or two along the way. All the better. The constant drive for being "the best" will be the downfall of many teams/Clubs. There is a lot to be said for happy players and happy sidelines. My guess is those are the clubs that will make the long haul.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo lost coach, yes, but has another very qualified guy taking over. All of their players will be back trying out and they look to have a lot of other good players coming to tryouts. I wouldn't be worried about Igloo.

Nor would I worry about Express A (formerly Honey Badgers). The also have all of their kids coming back to tryouts and it sounds like the also have a bunch of other kids coming to tryout for the team. Their coaching staff is the same except that crazy guy BM who yells and tries to fight everyone is gone. No real loss, the other guy who was the co-head coach was the talent anyway.

So expect Igloo and Express to both be BETTER this year not worse. I don't know why people are writing that. BUT...... There is only one team that is at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo lost coach, yes, but has another very qualified guy taking over. All of their players will be back trying out and they look to have a lot of other good players coming to tryouts. I wouldn't be worried about Igloo.

Nor would I worry about Express A (formerly Honey Badgers). The also have all of their kids coming back to tryouts and it sounds like the also have a bunch of other kids coming to tryout for the team. Their coaching staff is the same except that crazy guy BM who yells and tries to fight everyone is gone. No real loss, the other guy who was the co-head coach was the talent anyway.
So expect Igloo and Express to both be BETTER this year not worse. I don't know why people are writing that. BUT...... There is only one team that is at the top.

I don't know many people at Igloo, but the one I did hear from said that a bunch of their players are trying out for other clubs. I know several Express guys and all of their kids are trying out for others, hoping to find a better home. The coach was only part of the reason. Two are coming over to my son's team. Before you say that tryouts didn't happen yet, be realistic. You seem to know how the game works. Either way, I'm not concerned with my son's team being the best. But his coach is great and his team was very successful. Most importantly, he loves it and gets better every practice. Good luck to all, whatever you decide.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another igloo parent drinking the "AA" Jim Jones Kool-Aid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koolaid? If that's what you call an org that tells you up front the costs, schedule, location and gear for the year...then yes I've drunk the koolaid.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah all for the low low price of $3400 and sub par coaching. Haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

Owner Coach doesn't show up to practice. Save your $100.

When he does its only for 40 minutes. Practice is on field behind his house. Only coaches offensive plays then leaves. My favorite is watching him on his cell phone the wholegame at tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Outlaws are coached by the Outlaws Owner and Director. They also have a very experienced Father/Coach, and are adding a DII National Champion Defensive Coach this year.

Owner Coach doesn't show up to practice. Save your $100.

When he does its only for 40 minutes. Practice is on field behind his house. Only coaches offensive plays then leaves. My favorite is watching him on his cell phone the wholegame at tournaments.

That's the truth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Koolaid? If that's what you call an org that tells you up front the costs, schedule, location and gear for the year...then yes I've drunk the koolaid.

$3400 for a team that can't keep a coach? You call that stability? Good luck with that!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing for parents to do is to take their boys to tryouts, talk to the coaches, and see if the new boys who show up will make the team better. If you play for a solid club and the teams attracting better players it will all work out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$3400 for a team that can't keep a coach? You call that stability? Good luck with that!

Dude, he's still with igloo just coaching an older grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with all these new teams trying to steal players? If you can't attract kids with your reputation then maybe you are in the wrong business!!!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
What's with all these new teams trying to steal players? If you can't attract kids with your reputation then maybe you are in the wrong business!!!

What do you mean by that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the wonderful world of travel lacrosse. Nothing new. Usually the player poaching happens at the tournaments when coaches ask for players names! And it gets better every year.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the wonderful world of travel lacrosse. Nothing new. Usually the player poaching happens at the tournaments when coaches ask for players names! And it gets better every year.

You can't steal players that want to stay committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wanna bet! Happens all the time.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

So they are kidnapped?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is BM going this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

So they are kidnapped?

New teams will try to entice coaches to their program by giving them "director" status and a piece of the pie if they bring kids with them. They are all doing it. It's up to the parents to make a decision based on the overall program and its history.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

So they are kidnapped?

New teams will try to entice coaches to their program by giving them "director" status and a piece of the pie if they bring kids with them. They are all doing it. It's up to the parents to make a decision based on the overall program and its history.

For the clubs and coaches it's a business. The parents buy into the hype and shop their kids around. No one steals them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the current Bluefish Model..what happens to that program when those guys leave Hofstra. What's the sales pitch then? We used to be blah blah...

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the current Bluefish Model..what happens to that program when those guys leave Hofstra. What's the sales pitch then? We used to be blah blah...

I have been speaking with the principals there and they are ALL committed to building their program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick protective comments from the moderator...unusual..

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Quick protective comments from the moderator...unusual..

I am very impressed by them.. I don't say things that I don't mean!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New temas means maybe things get watered down, but you know what? Everyone has a place/chance to play. A teams, b teams, c teams. We quickly forget about kids playing a game. Unfortunately its a game wrapped up in a business. Bluefish for example is a new nassau team which is needed i would guess. If parents use logic they need to and ahve a right to ask questions and as paying customers have a right to answers and clubs backing up what they say. I dont know about everyone else but this adds up to a pricey endeavor.

My son is going to play for his town team again. Great group of kids/families, graet coaches. Maybe next year or a couple years he'll want to try out for a travel team. Rught now he is happy and having fun where he is, and has time for 3 other sports, school, video games, volunteering, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few kids from outlaws,igloo, express,millon and others will be playing for the All Greys this year. Coaching is most important at ANY age. Exposure will follow. This team will be VERY good.

So who is coaching the All Greys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin Travis. TONS of experience. He is great with the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually both original coaches are gone DK and Lizards coach were the assigned coaches at the start. Lizards coach jumped ship early on and DK got pushed out. At years end it was a typical 3 grand bait and switch with zero accountability from AA. Told you getting a Benz but received a Kia for Benz $$$$. New coach doesn't have same pedigree as original staff but price hasn't gotten lower.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard this as well. Most Huntington kids leaving their teams to play for Greys. The hope is to make a super PAL team and their high school program stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more than Huntington kids will play on All Greys. It will NOT be a Huntington team at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more than Huntington kids will play on All Greys. It will NOT be a Huntington team at all

Correct. I said most not all. If it was all kids than it would be just the PAL team. They will need a few others from outside towns to round out the roster. You think the Huntington High School coach doesn't have the big picture of his future teams in mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure he does. He would be foolish to not carry a few of the better kids from Huntington.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They(All Greys) will get the B Players that can not make top clubs at first. If they do things right they will then start to draw better kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I know for a fact that at least 10 players from the top A teams ( and good players on those teams) will playing for All Greys this year. Once word gets out, I bet other players will tryout. This team will compete with igloo,Outlaws and express right away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. I know for a fact that at least 10 players from the top A teams ( and good players on those teams) will playing for All Greys this year. Once word gets out, I bet other players will tryout. This team will compete with igloo,Outlaws and express right away.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Another igloo parent drinking the "AA" Jim Jones Kool-Aid

Actually both original coaches are gone DK and Lizards coach were the assigned coaches at the start. Lizards coach jumped ship early on and DK got pushed out. At years end it was a typical 3 grand bait and switch with zero accountability from AA. Told you getting a Benz but received a Kia for Benz $$$$. New coach doesn't have same pedigree as original staff but price hasn't gotten lower. [/quote

Right but they ended up 3rd best team in the age group and very close to badgers. Nobody complaining other than you. Don't be angry bc your kid got cut. Btw, it's not 3400.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats interesting. 3rd best team. I never seen an end of the season rankings. Who puts it out? I would like to see it. Is it like the BCS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what your laughing at. Did you see igloos offense last year? Do you know which players are returning to igloo,Outlaws and express? Too many of these teams are cauht up in the hype of apparel and empty promises. Too many coaching changes. The coaching on igloo and Outlaws (Outlaws had good parent coach) was sub par at best.This entire grade is in a major transition right now. If you don't agree, I'm wasting my time here. If ANY of the "A" teams lose 4-5 players, their team will suffer which is why they will all be competitive this year. The only true "A" team in this grade is 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kevin Travis coaching 2023 team? When is the try outs and where? Thanks great

Page 3 of 70 1 2 3 4 5 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard