BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 75 76
Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2022-6th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Express, Igloo, Legacy, Team LI and Jedters would be greatly appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Express, Igloo, Legacy, Team LI and Jedters would be greatly appreciated.
]]

We would like to add outlaws to that mix- also looking for a change...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think all the clubs you mentioned have very good coaches. There is no one place that is right for everyone. As long as your son is improving, having fun and getting playing time anyone of the clubs you mentioned is fine. You will find that as the players get older it will be tougher and tougher for kids to make a new teams. Good luck and remember wins and losses don't matter at this age!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team LI is a very good team with a small roster. They played most of this past year with 15 kids and are looking to add a couple of quality kids. I know they don't like to have a huge roster but running with 15 was tough at times. They started tryouts today but are having I believe 5 more tryout dates, one being tomorrow at 1 pm. All tryouts are at Mt Sinai high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised how light this thread has been especially with tryouts upcoming.. Can anyone share feedback positive or negative about their club. My son is looking to make a switch this year and we're looking for a team with good coaching.. Any thoughts on Igloo, Legacy, Team LI would be greatly appreciated.

Team LI is a very good team with a small roster. They played most of this past year with 15 kids and are looking to add a couple of quality kids. I know they don't like to have a huge roster but running with 15 was tough at times. They started tryouts today but are having I believe 5 more tryout dates, one being tomorrow at 1 pm. All tryouts are at Mt Sinai high school.

a lot of people are quiet because there is a lot of movement going on. last year people said teams were already picked. it wasn't true. very good coaching there. I saw a huge difference in my son's performance and endurance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They Also play in very weak tournaments so if you are looking for your son to play against top competition look elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Say what you want but the truth is they are a very good team that gets better every year. I'm very confident they could play with any team in the country at this age group. Great group of well coached boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team that ducks real competion. Let's get real.... They don't play or will ever play in top tournaments... Good luck TLI Parent .. The rest of the team should run

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team that ducks real competion. Let's get real.... They don't play or will ever play in top tournaments... Good luck TLI Parent .. The rest of the team should run

They basically avoid mylacrosstournments. That can be looked at as a good thing or a bad thing depending on what side of tne fence your are on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team do you belong to. I noticed you didn't promote it. Either you are afraid of some good competition at the try outs or you are just another delusional parent thinking being on that winning team makes your kid better. What makes your kid better is practice and conditioning. The hot shots getting one or two goals in a game after a ton of missed shots and win games because they are on a strong team dont progress. Seen it over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They basically avoid mylacrosstournments. That can be looked at as a good thing or a bad thing depending on what side of tne fence your are on.

They avoid those tourneys because their teams play U based- right? My kids never played for them, but don't they try to play in tourneys that align with their team structure? Not that I like their model- but at least they play fairly and don't play kids down like other states do. Unfortunately, that means they don't play a lot of LI teams often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them play last weekend. They looked real good to me. From what I understand a lot of the better teams in this age group did not play each other this season. It's a shame. There's a ton of talent at 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure TLI plays fairly with the system they use. All the other clubs use the graduating year system. With their system in place and nobody else uses it it this is the result. Their U10 team plays against 2023 teams and their U11 team plays against
2022 teams, if you look at the birthday cut off most of the TLI
Kids are almost a year older so most of their kids are actually playing down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's where you are wrong, Team LI plays age based which is US Lacrosse rules. In almost all cases the players on Team LI are younger than grade based teams. Most of your real good grade based teams include players that started school a year late and or were held back. A u-13 player must be 12 years old as of august 31st. The same player on a grade based team who started school early and or was held back can be and in most cases are 13 and 14 years old. a year or two older. My Lacrosse tournaments, who are owned by 91 are set up for 91 teams who are loaded with older age players and since they now are buying up and starting new clubs under different names, and when chamberlains brother assigns the referees at all my lacrosse tournaments, you can count on never getting a call. That is why most of the Long Island based teams do not play in any of My Lacrosse tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what team do you belong to. I noticed you didn't promote it. Either you are afraid of some good competition at the try outs or you are just another delusional parent thinking being on that winning team makes your kid better. What makes your kid better is practice and conditioning. The hot shots getting one or two goals in a game after a ton of missed shots and win games because they are on a strong team dont progress. Seen it over and over.

LMAO. I am sure they wouldn't mind scrimmaging your son's U-12 or 6th grade team- win, lose or draw. I am sure both teams would have fun! What team does your son play for? Tell your son to have fun and don't worry about his old man trying to relive his youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from TLI, the coaches run the first line kids until they're exhausted. They never play in quality tournaments and that's not the coaches fault, blame the director who is a miserable, unapproachable guy. There are so many quality teams out there , TLI isn't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from TLI, the coaches run the first line kids until they're exhausted. They never play in quality tournaments and that's not the coaches fault, blame the director who is a miserable, unapproachable guy. There are so many quality teams out there , TLI isn't one of them.

what team does tour son play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No complaints with Express. There are a couple parents who weren't happy that all the kids played equal time. at this age that's the way it should be. sticking with it. my kid loved it. all that really counts. the grass is not always greener. good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's where you are wrong, Team LI plays age based which is US Lacrosse rules. In almost all cases the players on Team LI are younger than grade based teams. Most of your real good grade based teams include players that started school a year late and or were held back. A u-13 player must be 12 years old as of august 31st. The same player on a grade based team who started school early and or was held back can be and in most cases are 13 and 14 years old. a year or two older. My Lacrosse tournaments, who are owned by 91 are set up for 91 teams who are loaded with older age players and since they now are buying up and starting new clubs under different names, and when chamberlains brother assigns the referees at all my lacrosse tournaments, you can count on never getting a call. That is why most of the Long Island based teams do not play in any of My Lacrosse tournaments.

Funny the only team I don't see there is Team LI, we played My Lacrosse Tournaments all summer, Outlaws, Express, true Blue, Recon and a few more were there. Just not you guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure all the 2022 teams have positive and negatives. Maybe some more than others. They all do the same thing whether its 91 giving their kids advantages in tournaments by handpicking their schedule, TLI playing none of the other travel organizations, etc. Its like pro wrestling with the drama and we are the puppets on a string writing about 11 year old kids. It should just be about KIDS getting better and enjoying the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about how the 2022 Bluefish. Seems lot a like a lot of former Express coaches involved. What's the likelihood they will be a true A team at this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

Who are coaches of Express 2022? Been waiting for that info and can't get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

Who are coaches of Express 2022? Been waiting for that info and can't get it.

Same as last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were 2022 Express practices held last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where were 2022 Express practices held last year?

NYIT - Fall
Hub - Winter
St.As/Kellenberg - Spring/Summer

That was last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts about how the 2022 Bluefish. Seems lot a like a lot of former Express coaches involved. What's the likelihood they will be a true A team at this grade?

What is a true A team? That is the question???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ability to go .500 in A brackets of tournaments is a good gauge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That and being able to run effective practices because all kids are proficient in skills of the game and are committed. I have observed that on B teams coaches need to spend more time working on basics and attendance at practices is frequently less than optimal to be effective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure this note is coming from a parent of kid who will not be on the team. At this level coaches play to win. When MC shows up, they play to win. When parents stand in, equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From a parent whose kid won't make the team this year. At this level , you play to win. When MC is there, they play to win. When parents stand in, equal time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournaments?

There are some times 3 tournaments in an area on the same weekend and only 1 is usually legit.

What are the "real" tournaments that occur during the summer? If they don't have the best of NY, PA, and MD, they are likely just a way for some clubs to get some pics of their teams inTs and medals for their websites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC does not play to win. Even playing time at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is really what it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke from a parents whose kids won't make the team this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express? What was the final headcount? How many players did MC have this season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are much better off Playing for an organization, where you have to play against a team from your own organization in the championship and either be "co champs" or be placed in a position where the A team for your organization plays against the B team for the same organization!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express? What was the final headcount? How many players did MC have this season?

We had 20.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last I heard it was at 23 and climbing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last I heard it was at 23 and climbing

COMPLETELY FALSE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 tryouts for Express start this week, good luck to all ! Hopefully the coaches take the most deserving players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 express should be the team to beat this year with the best 32 kids coming over and several better igloo kids and united kids trying out. I believe express and smash separate themselves as AA teams, igloo remains A with united, team LI etc. if your son can make express, that is a good spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express takes 32 players on a roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express takes 32 players on a roster?

think he meant Manhasset 32 players....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 express should be the team to beat this year with the best 32 kids coming over and several better igloo kids and united kids trying out. I believe express and smash separate themselves as AA teams, igloo remains A with united, team LI etc. if your son can make express, that is a good spot.

This post is great. May I ask how you obtained this valuable in side information? I don't know what kids are coming back to my sons team and you know that the better igloo and united kids are trying out for Express? You just can't make this stuff up. Some of you people are insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW--how do I get my kid involved we just moved to LI from Idaho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is losing quite a few players this year. Top players. They were barely an A team last year. Not a chance they jump to AA with smash. Smash is on the decline. United is no longer. TLI will be worse. Igloo will be good. Stop drinking MC's coolaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United split up?

Express is losing quite a few players this year. Top players. They were barely an A team last year. Not a chance they jump to AA with smash. Smash is on the decline. United is no longer. TLI will be worse. Igloo will be good. Stop drinking MC's coolaid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for sorting through the tea leaves for us. Why don't we just let the kids figure it out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
United split up? NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be a kid posting this crap about all the teams because no normal parent would do this!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be a kid posting this crap about all the teams because no normal parent would do this!

LOL - you must be new to 2022!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most of these parents are out of their minds! No college is even starting to look until 9th grade, and for that your kid has to be a stand out player. Even if they called me tomorrow and wanted my son on the best team. I don't want to stand on the the side lines biting my nails hoping my son plays good and doesn't lose playing time. Do you really think the colleges are going to ask how many championships they won in elementary school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ha you are biggest tool on here both talking about 2022 and college...take a look back you are the only one. There may be some crazy parents concerned about what travel team their kid will play on but you are the only jerk actually thinking, in your mind, that others are thinking about 6th grade lacrosse and college. Get a life...I know you tried to come off as all cool that everyone else is crazy...but even hinting that college and 11 year old lacrosse is on your mind is nuts...wow, loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have been dropped on your head as a child because you have completely missed the point. The point was not to take the sport to seriously at such a young age, sorry I can't spell it out with big colored blocks, DA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You go 500 in the A bracket and they will kill you on here and say B team at best! According to the people on here , there are maybe two A teams per age group!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true, but the "loudest" people on here are out of their minds so consider the source.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

top players? Who said?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am sure this note is coming from a parent of kid who will not be on the team. At this level coaches play to win. When MC shows up, they play to win. When parents stand in, equal time.

so not true. You obviously were not on the team.all direction comes from MC. Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 of the top 6 midfielders are gone. Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryouts look very promising. Team needed major overhaul regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that team was just put together in 2014?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought that team was just put together in 2014?

yes but with a special tryout before orchestrated by parents who are already on to the next greatest and latest thing. it will be better this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 left 2 followed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 left 2 followed.

SST down. DK down. they bailed on this team but they at least didn't take it down. core team still there. great tryout boys. keep up the hard work. heads up United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL.. are u talking about the DELETED..Wow. Big loss. The team is better without him. They did lose a very valuable DELETED He will be missed.

You do realize that you are talking about children!!! Knock it off!!!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 left 2 followed.

SST down. DK down. they bailed on this team but they at least didn't take it down. core team still there. great tryout boys. keep up the hard work. heads up United.

Heads up united isn't that a B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 left 2 followed.

Heads up united isn't that a B team?

Heads up regarding the parents they just acquired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents should be ashamed of yourself. I know the parents and kids and they are all great people. I really don't understand why the personal attacks on these people who are trying to do what they think is best for their kids. The fact remains if your kid was good enough to get the invite as well you would have sprinted too. No need for the harsh words and resentment.You are supposed to be the adult, grow up and wish them well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents should be ashamed of yourself. I know the parents and kids and they are all great people. I really don't understand why the personal attacks on these people who are trying to do what they think is best for their kids. The fact remains if your kid was good enough to get the invite as well you would have sprinted too. No need for the harsh words and resentment.You are supposed to be the adult, grow up and wish them well.

Get the invite? I thought all tryouts are open to everyone. No invitation required

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo flyer says they are doing two teams at the 2022 level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you obviously don't know them well enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you have no idea who gets invites where.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually know them very well, so well that they were at my house two weeks ago! You are just not a very nice person, who is very bitter! My suggestion to you is to try to act like an adult.

you obviously don't know them well enough. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any idea who is coaching second igloo team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it's one of the assistant's from the original team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually know them very well, so well that they were at my house two weeks ago! You are just not a very nice person, who is very bitter! My suggestion to you is to try to act like an adult.

you obviously don't know them well enough.
[/quot

lets not get into who is nice and acting like an adult. Many of us witnessed their behavior on the sidelines. I'm sure they were perfectly fine at your get together. It was no example for children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it's one of the assistant's from the original team.

which one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

at Bluefish tryouts saw Levittown club coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

I hope that is not the case. Let JA know it will be a big mistake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what about Outlaws A team where do they rank ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares where "they rank"?! None of these arbitrary rankings by anonymous people mean anything. And for that matter, the team to beat is the one your sons team happens to be playing against.

Any team can be beaten, that's why they play the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Outlaws just lose to a town team last month?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That express team you are bragging about lost to that same town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That express team you are bragging about lost to that same town team.

Manhasset32?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any thoughts about True Blue..I Was at Igloo tryouts today and was told Trueblue 2022 had about 12 practices this past summer once a week for about an hour. . Sounds light to me. Any truth to that? Practice is probably the most important thing at this age group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any thoughts about True Blue..I Was at Igloo tryouts today and was told Trueblue 2022 had about 12 practices this past summer once a week for about an hour. . Sounds light to me. Any truth to that? Practice is probably the most important thing at this age group

they had 2 teams at this age group. had 4 or 5 practices in the fall and did 2 fall tournament. Had a winter training session every Sunday(jan-march) that was extra for anyone who wanted to attend. 5 spring/summer tournaments and yes they practiced once a week for 90 minutes or so. there were a couple weeks that there were 2 practices. the fee was $1350. one fall tournament and the winter training was extra. I believe it was a total of less than $250 for the extra fall tournament and the winter training.

both coaches were non parent( I believe one is an Adelphi coach)and we liked the coach of our team and my son had a very good experience and will be going back to try out. I heard good things about the coach of the other team as well. I am sure others may of had different opinions of their experience.

not sure if they are doing 2 teams or not this year but call and ask. for what they charge it is a great deal for what you get. if you have any questions I would just reach out to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 2 teams in this age group, I can only speak for my sons team which was coached by KY. Yes they only practiced once per week but practice lasted between an hour and half - 2 hours there were a lot more than 12 practices not sure how many but more. They did some fall practices and a tournament, winter practices and winter tournament. Then spring they practiced from March till the end of July which was there last tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also played with KY and there were very few practices. We practiced twice in the fall about five times in the winter that we payed additional for. About 8 or 9 times in the summer starting in May a week before tournaments started. The practices were once a week and not very good for an1hr.The fall & winter tournaments were additional set up by a parent. Communication was poor and most practices were sent out the night before. You'll get a whole speach about how there cheaper and they have college coaching ,etc.. It all sounds great but you'll get very few practices and and whole lot of lip service .your not going to get more than 10-12 practices..the majority of parents and kids weren't happy..any time you had a question or concern they acted like they were doing you a favor.

Make sure you ask questions at try outs..how many practices, when will they be,who will be coaching etc..also ask the parents of the kids of KY's team what they honestly thought before you except any invites..
Sent from my iPhone

There were 2 teams in this age group, I can only speak for my sons team which was coached by KY. Yes they only practiced once per week but practice lasted between an hour and half - 2 hours there were a lot more than 12 practices not sure how many but more. They did some fall practices and a tournament, winter practices and winter tournament. Then spring they practiced from March till the end of July which was there last tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son also played with KY and there were very few practices. We practiced twice in the fall about five times in the winter that we payed additional for. About 8 or 9 times in the summer starting in May a week before tournaments started. The practices were once a week and not very good for an1hr.The fall & winter tournaments were additional set up by a parent. Communication was poor and most practices were sent out the night before. You'll get a whole speach about how there cheaper and they have college coaching ,etc.. It all sounds great but you'll get very few practices and and whole lot of lip service .your not going to get more than 10-12 practices..the majority of parents and kids weren't happy..any time you had a question or concern they acted like they were doing you a favor.

Make sure you ask questions at try outs..how many practices, when will they be,who will be coaching etc..also ask the parents of the kids of KY's team what they honestly thought before you except any invites..
Sent from my iPhone

I agree that there was a communication problem with practices schedules being sent out the night before. That was due to the fat that the coach also coaches at adelphi and his team was in the DII tournament. Most parents expressed the displeasure with it and it was fixed. All of the practices except for one lasted at least an hour and a half if not more. The kids also had more that 8-9 practices in the summer and they did start before May. May was the time of the communication problem and they were practices before that.

Yes you are correct some parents were unhappy witht the program but there are many who were happy. The problem I think came from the parents. Most parents expected the team to be an A team. They were not, but the director exlained this in the fall. He spelled out excatly what the team would be. They were not going to compete with A teams most of kids were on a club team for the first time. But some thought their kids were better than they were. I heard all the complaints on the side line, did not agree with most. the other problem was a few Dads thought they were better coaches than the coach. KY held a parent meeting at one of the tournaments and pretty much told the parents to SHUT UP!! STOP coaching & yelling from the side lines. I know two parents were asked not to come back!!
Any way they were some who were happy and some who were not. Differnet levels of teams through out Long Island. everyone needs to find a team that they feel comfortable with. Not all of our kids are going to be super stars. This team and coach worked well fOR my son he learned a lot, improved, increased his Lacrosse IQ and hade FUN!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"the other problem was a few Dads thought they were better coaches than the coach".

A couple of the dads on my son's team were like this. Nice guys, but I felt like telling them to shut up. I can only imagine what it's like to be a kid out there listening to the coach on one side and the wannabe coaches on the other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell what posts are from directors of TB on here and what are from actual parents..I urge you to make sure you ask parents of KY's team (kids with grey TB helmets) at the try out or at other tryouts what they thought.. MyHonest opinion my kid got a lot of playing time but very little coaching..Agin ask a lot t of questions and don't get suckered by JC's sales speach
Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has completed the tryouts or are near complete at this grade? I know Express is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has completed the tryouts or are near complete at this grade? I know Express is done.

TLI is done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has one left on Tuesday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express emails go out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Express emails go out?

Haven't gotten one as yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many Express teams are there? Team Channy and Team Lynott. Any others?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Lynott and Channy not coaching together next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

If express keeps most of the team they will be low end ..I hope they make major changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

If express keeps most of the team they will be low end ..I hope they make major changes

looks like major changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hoping for major changes. Anyone have any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can tell what posts are from directors of TB on here and what are from actual parents..I urge you to make sure you ask parents of KY's team (kids with grey TB helmets) at the try out or at other tryouts what they thought.. MyHonest opinion my kid got a lot of playing time but very little coaching..Agin ask a lot t of questions and don't get suckered by JC's sales speach
Good luck

I guess there were a lot of parents who thought this team could be a good fit. Over 50 kids at the tryout today. Evaluators did a really good job working with and instructing the kids on the field. Looked like their could be a really solid team if the top kids decide to stay. Some good play from the middies and some big defenders. My kid really liked it. Hopefully they can get the better kids to stay.

Announced that coach Bentz will be the A team coach. I head nothing but really good things about him from the parents who played on his team last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails say Lynott assisting Channy for Team Channy and Channy assisting Lynott for Team Lynott.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

looks like major changes

Not true mostly same kids as lastyear

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the chatter on Express' two teams this year? How many return players? Are they equally talented?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express email is out!

looks like major changes

Not true mostly same kids as lastyear

not true. About half the team changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the chatter on Express' two teams this year? How many return players? Are they equally talented?

as invited teams are strong. Not equal but more potential than usual second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to play on a second B team for express? It was a disaster last year! It's not going to be better this year..save your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you want to play on a second B team for express? It was a disaster last year! It's not going to be better this year..save your money

What happened to Express B last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to Express B last year?

Yeah...what was the issue with Express B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will teams hold a roster spot if you do not make a decision by their deadline? M

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will teams hold a roster spot if you do not make a decision by their deadline? M

if they want your child badly enough absolutely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

who is coaching 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For good teams,If he is good, yes! Marginal, nope. But if tryouts were thinly attended and talent isn't top notch, you can take a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is having another tryout for the second team this week. Contact the director if you are interested. This should be a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails say Lynott assisting Channy for Team Channy and Channy assisting Lynott for Team Lynott.

Are they coaching both teams or are the sons involved in some way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches?

who is coaching 2022?

the website says college coaches. the rumor is PAL coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is having another tryout for the second team this week. Contact the director if you are interested. This should be a strong team.

Strong if you want to play B ..no A kid wants to play second fiddle to igloo A ..Nice. Try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid isn't on smash, igloo A or express then he is on a B team. If you think b/c outlaws etc. has one team, that they are an A team you are mistaken.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI there are a handful of kids on all 3 of those that aren't "a" players , just cause your on 1 of "A" teams doesn't make u a "A" player. Parents know who they are !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI there are a handful of kids on all 3 of those that aren't "a" players , just cause your on 1 of "A" teams doesn't make u a "A" player. Parents know who they are !!

That's right. I know plenty of kids on Igloo who are B players in PAL, but they have been paying team fees and are grandfathered in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's right. I know plenty of kids on Igloo who are B players in PAL, but they have been paying team fees and are grandfathered in.

Oh stop. Doesn't work that way. They aren't going to hurt the team and carry a B player. These teams are highly competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that! It is the absolute truth. I see it on the team we play with now, B players on the team because there Daddy can write a check.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WAIT, WHAT?!?!? I am shocked and appalled! I thought every kid on the Super, Select, Elite [INSERT CLUB NAME HERE] was a D1 quality player--at 11 years old. Ha, ha, ha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think any A players will pay 3000 dollars to play on a B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are paying that at the other clubs already. Most tuitions don't include the winter and spring training. Or all the extra tournaments and scrimmages added through the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are paying that at the other clubs already. Most tuitions don't include the winter and spring training. Or all the extra tournaments and scrimmages added through the year.

Who is paying 3k for a B team? Even with winter. Can be good team , but will get treated like a B team when they get older. Get invites to better tournaments and showcases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of those three "stars" will bounce from team to team. Other players have caught up and passed him up but the ego keeps growing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smash pick up a few new players and will continue to dominate. United pick up a few head cases from Express may break their chemistry probably weaker overall. Express gained players from 32 should have a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thinking about entering the fall twilight league in Oyster Bay. Has anyone played in it and what was your experience?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
smash pick up a few new players and will continue to dominate. United pick up a few head cases from Express may break their chemistry probably weaker overall. Express gained players from 32 should have a strong team.

Says the Express dad that pays too much to watch his kid play on an average team.LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the Express dad that pays too much to watch his kid play on an average team.LOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....Says the dad, who behaves like a child. Let the boys play, and we'll see which teams are stronger/weaker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.....Says the dad, who behaves like a child. Let the boys play, and we'll see which teams are stronger/weaker.

Say what you want but Smash got A LOT better and everyone else either got worse or stayed the same. Enjoy your year in lacrosse and who cares as long as the KIDS have fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to break in to the Smash/Express/Outlaws pis@ing match, but what's the word on ICON for this age group? Response of "irrelevant" not appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to break in to the Smash/Express/Outlaws pis@ing match, but what's the word on ICON for this age group? Response of "irrelevant" not appreciated.

Who really cares???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want but Smash got A LOT better and everyone else either got worse or stayed the same. Enjoy your year in lacrosse and who cares as long as the KIDS have fun!

How much better can they have gotten. No new studs at the tryouts. Unless they are getting kids from out of state or a holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who really cares???

Well, none of us should really care. This whole message board is a colossal timesuck. Nevertheless, it is extremely entertaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who really cares???

Well, none of us should really care. This whole message board is a colossal timesuck. Nevertheless, it is extremely entertaining.

Unfortunately all the BS is taking away from my original post regarding the Fall Twilight League. Anyone have anything meaningful to say about their experience in Fall Twilight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found it to be a gut wrenching mile a minute joy ride. Now get back to the insurance game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was really impressed with the bluefish tryouts, they were well run and Coach Tierneyso talk afterwards was great!IL very confused at the fact they want me to pick a team without knowing HOW exactly will be coaching my boy! They want us to just have blind faith in them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was really impressed with the bluefish tryouts, they were well run and Coach Tierneyso talk afterwards was great!IL very confused at the fact they want me to pick a team without knowing HOW exactly will be coaching my boy! They want us to just have blind faith in them?

It's called show us the money and we will talk later.. Did they decide on A and B teams..I'm sure they didn't let many go. Wonder what team Coach Tierney is taking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents were rude and outbof control

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called show us the money and we will talk later.. Did they decide on A and B teams..I'm sure they didn't let many go. Wonder what team Coach Tierney is taking?

I know there are 2 teams, no other details! The email just said what team we made,no numbers or coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents were rude and out of control!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know there are 2 teams, no other details! The email just said what team we made,no numbers or coaches.

Chances are if you were a b kid who has been cut from A teams at tryouts in the past or you have played A and been cut from your former organization you had a good chance to make the a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy coaches from PAL are coaching 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way...They would not do that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way...They would not do that

that's the word. Some PAL coaches are good. These are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is coaching the Express teams at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How is coaching the Express teams at this age? [/quote
Chanenchuk and Lynott for Tram Channy Express, not sure for the other team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]How is coaching the Express teams at this age? [/quote
Chanenchuk and Lynott for Tram Channy Express, not sure for the other team!

And Lynott and Channy for Team Lynott

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash took 6 new kids. Twins from Maryland moved to LI and reclassed. The 4 other kids have to be older as well. Were probably held back at some point. Look more like 8th graders than 6th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash took 6 new kids. Twins from Maryland moved to LI and reclassed. The 4 other kids have to be older as well. Were probably held back at some point. Look more like 8th graders than 6th.

This is completely made up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight!! They are triplets and I believe their last name is DELETED and they used to play for the Chiefs

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Player identification not permitted
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight!! They are triplets and I believe their last name is Hanson and they used to play for the Chiefs

I heard it's not triplets, but actually a pair of twins and their cousin. Last name DELETED They are repeat holdbacks.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Player identification not permitted
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get your facts straight!! They are triplets and I believe their last name is Hanson and they used to play for the Chiefs

I heard it's not triplets, but actually a pair of twins and their cousin. Last name DELETED They are repeat holdbacks.

Moderator: It was a joke! The deleted players played college ball for Albany!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Ok. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The last name HANSON, is a reference to the movie Slapshot....no need to delete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Ok. Thanks

Not Albany, the movie Slapshot...the Albany brothers with the cousins were the Thompsons!!!

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

The last name HANSON, is a reference to the movie Slapshot....no need to delete.

Hey, sorry. Didn't see the movie. Trying to look out for your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Hey, sorry. Didn't see the movie. Trying to look out for your kids.

Appreciated nevertheless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are paying 3000 dollars for:
Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Team / Brotherhood Inclusion
Ethics
Our Sons learning and growing with the game
Flexibilty /understanding of our sons ability and working with them
Having fun

Read the fine print - the 3,000 dollars does not include:
Having to win every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

Always want my son to play against equal or weaker comp this way he can look good .. I thought that is what PAL would do at a fraction of the cost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

You can get all that for about 1500 to 2000 other places and not win all your games as well!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
at this point in the tryout season all the A players have been picked

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams do the Outlaws have in the 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their Coaches

Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

You can get all that for about 1500 to 2000 other places and not win all your games as well!

Which organization has 40+ team practices for 1500-2000? A, B or F team, just let me know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit men. 48. 1100!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 teams - Select which is the A Black team and A Black which is the old B Silver. So no change there in coaching and the B parents and kids get to say A Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

Their Coaches
Honesty
Delivery on all Promises
Integrity
Practices
Ethics
Having fun

Yeah I know but you lose EVERY game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
? Are there two teams for 6 grade True Blue and if so who is coaching....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hit men. 48. 1100!

Actually $1700 for this grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what's going on with Legacy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bentz is coaching one team and at the end of the tryout they announced Purdie will be coaching the second team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players have left TB as Bentz's roster is 25 with his Massapequa gave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue having 2 teams. Coach Cat specifically said at tryouts there would be A and B. Parents on B claiming they too. Are an A team. TB lost some good players with KY not coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do you get your information from. My son is playing for him. I spoke with him last Monday and again on Friday to follow up on a few questions. There is not 25 players. The crap people put on here is ridiculous. Yes there are a few massapequa kids on the team but not all that tried out made his team It's actually a pretty good mix of kids. Granted they are not going to be able to compete with the top clubs but they will be a good team and he will develop them, the kids skill level will increase and they will have fun. Should be a good year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue having 2 teams. Coach Cat specifically said at tryouts there would be A and B. Parents on B claiming they too. Are an A team. TB lost some good players with KY not coaching.

What are you talking about. What good players left the ones who left will make zero difference. There was a ton of kids at the tryout and there will be 2 teams. Bentz has the A team and Purdue the B. The A team will be considerably more competitive than last year as ally of good kids accepted. Stop talking nonsense. This has to be one of the parents who left or that was asked not to come back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my god did you honestly just say HE is acting like a child? YOU are scouting 2022 teams and know the moves everyone has made this off season. Who does that?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH ENOUGH TB MARGINAL, save your money , play your town and get training on the side . For instance Keenan's clinics that lots of reps on stick work . Also do lots of wall ball over winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should speak to those parents on the TB B team. That would be me. Was specifically told at tryouts 2 teams an A and B. Phone call came and was told two A teams and the roster would be 24-25. Why don't you call Joe Cat? KB is a much better coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OH ENOUGH TB MARGINAL, save your money , play your town and get training on the side . For instance Keenan's clinics that lots of reps on stick work . Also do lots of wall ball over winter.

I am sorry did not realize your son is committed already and you are all knowing of what is happening on every team. keep living though your 11 year old. I am sure it does wonders for him and you.. get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Express B I mean A looking? Are the rosters set?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the Express B I mean A looking? Are the rosters set?

you just worry about united tough guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bentz couldn't even hack D1...why would anyone what their son to play for him, especially if Purdie is an option

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
could not hack d1? sb coach is an a hole. really have put your balls in your back pocket to play for this maniac. I think Bentz is better off at Adelphi. Get your facts straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many players at SB have left because of coach. That's a fact over last few years. Good for him playing at Adelphi. Purdue great guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bentz couldn't even hack D1...why would anyone what their son to play for him, especially if Purdie is an option

couldn't hack D1. what are you talking about bentz who is the coach was a 4 year member at Hofstra, and captain of the team in his senior year.(you may be referring to his brother) you have no idea what the [lacrosse] you are talking about. Shows how stupid people on this forum are. and by the way I would put Adelphi up against stonybrook any day. what they [lacrosse] have they won in the last 10 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many players at SB have left because of coach. That's a fact over last few years. Good for him playing at Adelphi. Purdue great guy

Agreed...can't believe Nagle has a D1 job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is Purdie involved with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a director at True Blue and is going to coach one of their 2022 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a director at True Blue and is going to coach one of their 2022 teams

So what happened with Checkmate and LI sharks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Purdue coaching the True Blue B regardless of what the parents call themselves.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard