BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 43 44
Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2021-7th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021-7th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocked to be kicking off this thread. Re tryouts for any AA team, maybe even more so for teams trying to be...buyer beware...Dad coaches promoting son without comsequences (cheap labor), absentee Directors too busy counting the money, flimsy claims about how many of their players now play in college, immediate conflicts with Town teams, new kids added simply to have a bench that never gets used, 15 minute shifts for first line with quick too minute breaks, loudmouth coaches who take the fun out of playing and replace it with fear of making a mistake and being loudly ripped by a coach, helicopter parents who jump when the coach asks how high (or schedules an out of state game on Easter), ugly uniforms, games you would be embarassed to bring grandparents to, parent child "pep talks" that would make psychologists cringe, a weekly competition for who can bring the more expensive food item for the banquet that goes half eaten (because clearly as lax parents we are well off). All for the low, low price of $3,000 and dragging your entire family to these tournaments for the best 9 weeks of weather that we have in the NE. I expect "its not for you, move on". I've moved on. Happily. Blissfully. Never to look backedly. I suggest you calculate how many summers you have between now and when junior heads off to Podunk on the 1/8th ride he earned for all of his sacrifice, and ask yourself if it is worth it. Is your ego that big, your desire for that car sticker and bragging rights that great? Has this cult turned us all into drones feeding the machine? Wake up. Play town, play school, play hoops, play soccer, take a vacation, take your kids to the beach. You are missing out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You !!!!..this is such an awesome critique of Travel Lax that it needs to be shared to EVERYONE who has ever taken part in the charade that is travel lax. havig done itnow for 2+ years, i can truly attest to the validity of the comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its a wonderful game being hijacked by those with a profit motive. They are creating the illusion that "this is what you need to do if you want to play at the next level" and then operating it with former college players. (Notice: Being a college player 20 years ago means nothing now, and many of these guys would never make these teams now due to the growth of the game).

Create a market where there is none and then market it like crazy to make people feel like they are missing out if they aren't aboard the train. Any coincidence many of these Directors are former Wall Street guys.

Take back the game. It's ours, not theirs. Let your kids be kids and let their natural talents and interest take them where they want to go, wherever that is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can say that about any travel sport. For many, traveling as families with teammates over the years has been a great way to have fun with family and friends at the same time. We have been involved in hockey, soccer, lacrosse and a small basketball stint for travel and we have always built great memories. I think if you do your research, know the philosophy of the club and coach you are aligned with and it suits your family values and philosophy of youth sports it can be a great experience. I'd rather have my kids with my whole family traveling and with us on Friday and Saturdays than playing video games and wandering the streets with nothing to do but find trouble. We still find pools, beaches, movies etc in between and after games. We do spend a lot of money, but we enjoy it. Younger siblings grow with other siblings on the teams and very often end up playing together. Teammates become life long friends and enjoy rivalries when they play one another in HS match ups.

I may be the minority, or maybe we have fallen into the right teams/clubs over the years across various sports, but we truly enjoy the experiences and the memories made. If any of my kids decide to call it quits- they get to make that call, but we certainly would have a bank of fun times to look back on and many friendships to hold on to as well. To each their own.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Shocked to be kicking off this thread. Re tryouts for any AA team, maybe even more so for teams trying to be...buyer beware...Dad coaches promoting son without comsequences (cheap labor), absentee Directors too busy counting the money, flimsy claims about how many of their players now play in college, immediate conflicts with Town teams, new kids added simply to have a bench that never gets used, 15 minute shifts for first line with quick too minute breaks, loudmouth coaches who take the fun out of playing and replace it with fear of making a mistake and being loudly ripped by a coach, helicopter parents who jump when the coach asks how high (or schedules an out of state game on Easter), ugly uniforms, games you would be embarassed to bring grandparents to, parent child "pep talks" that would make psychologists cringe, a weekly competition for who can bring the more expensive food item for the banquet that goes half eaten (because clearly as lax parents we are well off). All for the low, low price of $3,000 and dragging your entire family to these tournaments for the best 9 weeks of weather that we have in the NE. I expect "its not for you, move on". I've moved on. Happily. Blissfully. Never to look backedly. I suggest you calculate how many summers you have between now and when junior heads off to Podunk on the 1/8th ride he earned for all of his sacrifice, and ask yourself if it is worth it. Is your ego that big, your desire for that car sticker and bragging rights that great? Has this cult turned us all into drones feeding the machine? Wake up. Play town, play school, play hoops, play soccer, take a vacation, take your kids to the beach. You are missing out.

+1!! My youngest plays travel. I'm kinda glad my oldest lost interest a while back in all honesty. If I feel that my younger doesn't have the interest or passion for the game and doesn't want to play, I'll gladly let him stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all correct, it just depends on who you play for and what you are looking for. As with any product there are going to be good ones and bad ones, things you want and things you believe you need. These are decisions that only an individual can make. There is no blanket judgement of right or wrong, good or bad. Some choose to travel all over the place and spend tons of money, some want less of a commitment of time and lower costs. In the end the most important question is "who are we doing this for?" If you're being honest and your child loves what he is doing and you can afford it then it makes sense. Regardless of what kids do today it costs money. Whether they are into music, art, sports, etc. there is always going to be a cost involved in both time and money. Let go of the notion that this is necessary in order to go to college. The odds are that most players are only going to maximize their potential in anything if they have something special inside them and the love of that something brings it out. If there is no enjoyment there will be nothing but regret in the long run. If your child loves what he is doing, likes his teammates and plays for good coaches then just enjoy the experience and understand it is as much about making friends and memories as it is about anything else. There is no shame in walking away from something that you don't believe is good for you, or more importantly, your child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can i get an AMEN!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The good programs are few and far between. I hear too many parents lament that they and their kid are "just getting through it". No way for a kid so spend summer. There is plenty of pressure to compete at everything the other 10 months of the year- school, sports, whatever. Can't we give them the gift of just being a kid for 60 days. That down time is when they discover what makes them tick. The time away lets them make good choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what's wrong with the 2021 parents? stop with the common sense, all for the kids approach and start ranking the top 2021 teams and who has more hold backs!

Sincerely,
2020 thread

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a 2021 coach and this Summer was the first time our season ended (luckily on a good note) when kids just wanted more. One more tournament or tried to get spot at lacrosse camp or "when's practice start back up."

Football will take all those players energy, but I think kids are mostly tired of rec soccer and cross country is just to stay in shape. I have been lobbied to beef up our Fall season so their kids have a sport they are excited about until wrestling/hockey/basketball season. (Almost every kid on my team plays 3 sports.)

Anyway, I think all the criticisms above are valid and I think the coach and/or program head really needs to work hard to give their team (and parents) a good family experience. A lot of that is being positive, trying to navigate playing time issues, keeping costs down, avoiding Friday afternoon traffic jams, etc. Watching kids from so many different schools become friends (and act like kids!) has clearly been the best part of the experience so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of Wall Street guys who are running travel programs........there is a director of girls program who has been banned/fined/sanctioned for his activities on Wall Street. Look it up...fine was for deceptive sales practices...much bucks fine too....

Was it the Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are a girls program??? Learn to read moron!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of Wall Street guys who are running travel programs........there is a director of girls program who has been banned/fined/sanctioned for his activities on Wall Street. Look it up...fine was for deceptive sales practices...much bucks fine too....

Was it the Outlaws?

The outlaws don't have a girls program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaw haters get a life. It's great to be an Outlaw!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you were that happily and blissfully content you wouldn't have to bash something you just left. it's not for everyone. I'll give you that. but if your kid really loves it, it's all worth it. It would have been nice to get out of town every weekend as a kid. I actually envy mine. In a good way. our beaches are way overrated anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can say that about any travel sport. For many, traveling as families with teammates over the years has been a great way to have fun with family and friends at the same time. We have been involved in hockey, soccer, lacrosse and a small basketball stint for travel and we have always built great memories. I think if you do your research, know the philosophy of the club and coach you are aligned with and it suits your family values and philosophy of youth sports it can be a great experience. I'd rather have my kids with my whole family traveling and with us on Friday and Saturdays than playing video games and wandering the streets with nothing to do but find trouble. We still find pools, beaches, movies etc in between and after games. We do spend a lot of money, but we enjoy it. Younger siblings grow with other siblings on the teams and very often end up playing together. Teammates become life long friends and enjoy rivalries when they play one another in HS match ups.

I may be the minority, or maybe we have fallen into the right teams/clubs over the years across various sports, but we truly enjoy the experiences and the memories made. If any of my kids decide to call it quits- they get to make that call, but we certainly would have a bank of fun times to look back on and many friendships to hold on to as well. To each their own.

well said. a lot of us feel exactly the same way but don't often articulate it as eloquently as you just did.

User
User

well said. a lot of us feel exactly the same way but don't often articulate it as eloquently as you just did.

Well said. Both of you.
I always find it funny when people have a bad experience with travel sports they feel the need to bash those that continue to do it.
I love travel lax and our family has so many great memories of our travel tournaments and all the excursions and adventures we incorporated into those trips.

If it's not for you feel free to not participate!!!
For those that participate please share your experiences "from the road". Trips that you made to tournaments that you incorporated side trips or excursions for example.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel free to not participate. But by your logic, only the "good" aspects of travel would be represented here. Those who found it to be a terrible experience should simply be quiet? Parents looking at programs shouldn't see another point of view? You must be in bed with one of these organizations that charges families $100 to try out for teams that really don't have open spots, and are just trolling to add a C team to make even more money- as the Outlaws obviously now are at this age group. "We won't field a C team. We will only out a quality product in the field". How laughable is that? If they have 16 bodies with a pulse they will have a third team. I am not picking on the Outlaws- they are just following 91 and Express blueprint to make more money.

Beyond this, these Programs have ALOT of problems. Read the initial thread if you are looking at Travel and want the truth from a parent who has been through it- not the Directors trolling here. Its not just time away during the Summer. These programs all talk about how they are looking to develop athletes with character. It is complete BS. These are for profit corporations that want to build winning reputations so they can field even more teams, making more money, selling easy, deep pocketed dupes the dream of D1 glory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To not call these Directors out is to allow them to keep scamming parents. Every parent wants to think their kid could make it to the next level. These scammers prey on that and bilk $3,000 per year from the families. And before you tell me you do it for the love of the game- ask yourself if you see junior playing in college some day. The VAST majority of parents involved have unattainable college aspirations for their kids lacrosse career. These are stoked and taken advantage of by these Directors. They make it seem within reach.

See how prominently, and sometimes very inflatedly, they tout their "college commits". "100 in the past 3 years". How many of them played at the younger levels for them, and how many of them were recruited to play a single tournament, with the fee waved, so the organization could use their name?

Its no different that a penny stock broker pitching the explosive growth of a new issue. And in this case, they are one and same people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, if you choose not to have your kid play, you don't have to. I do think your point if view is valid and sharing is important, but it isn't an absolute. As I stated earlier, our family has grown very close over the years as a unit and alongside many other families because of the amount of time we spend together, traveling and experiencing new places. We have been fortunate to have traveled to many states through our travel sports experiences. We have visited beaches, mountains, parks, museums, landmarks and numerous restaurants along the way. We have done so as a family, along with friends.

My kids have been in travel sports for more than a few years now. We have been with various clubs and coaches. Overall, we have had above avg experiences and cannot complain. My boys have played at different levels as well- at various points B, A, AA and that didn't change our experience either. I suspect the coach, the philosophy and the families made the experience worth doing. It is possible you've had a few bad experiences. It is possible that you prefer hanging at the beach or a golf club. That's okay- but it's not that travel lax is bad for everyone. Many friends not in the travel arena spend over 8-10 grand a summer on cabanas, their boats or sleep away camps. If that is what they prefer, that is fine and maybe for you it is too. My family spends less and experiences out summers enjoying the lax scene at different ages and the money spent is less than what others spend on their summer excursions or boat etc. my kids enjoy it, I don't feel ripped off, my kids are learning and growing. They play other sports and have good grades. I know many kids as such. I also believe there is a place for many of our kids to play in college. Will they all go D1- no. But there are many D-2 and D-3 schools looking for players as well. I know many people say that hardly any kids will go D1, well I can count more than a dozen kids committed to D1 schools just from our experiences within the last year and I suspect there will be many more coming. I do think it is possible, and not a pipe dream, but you have to be realistic about your kids grades, skills and personality. You don't necessarily need club lax to get committed, but it is another avenue to help you get there- whether it be D1-2 or 3. Take it for what it is and if it isn't for you that's okay, but for those that do find it to be a worthwhile experience, enjoy every second because it does go by in a blink of an eye.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To further add, this conversation reminded me of this letter. While the sport is hockey, it can pertain to any travel sport. However, it does share the sentiments that many of us feel for travel sports- the craziness, the glory, the tears- the good and bad. In the end it's not all about playing in college, but much more. Enjoy...

The Junior Hockey News
Covering The World Of Junior Hockey
A Fathers Letter To His Son At The End Of His Hockey Playing Career
Posted by Admin
This letter was sent to us by a player who received it from his Father. The player said one thing before attaching the letter; “this is what its all about.” I think that this is something that all of us hockey fathers will one day wish we have written to our sons:

Dear _______________________,

Has it really been 18 years since I first took you skating? It feels like it was yesterday. I can remember the very first time, and the look on your face as you struggled to balance on those skates.

Has it really been 16 seasons of watching you play? Where has the time gone, how many hundreds of hours have we spent at the rink and in the car? How many trips to Tim Hortons have we made?

I find it hard to believe now, that in a few short weeks it will all come to an end. The practices, the games, the trips to buy new gear in the summer, and all the camps.

While there is a part of me that is tremendously sad that it is ending, I would not trade the sadness I feel for anything in the world. I am sad not only because of the end, but because I know how you will feel a year from now.

While it would be easy for me to be selfish and complain about it ending, I can only hope you can find a way to replace what you have always known as routine. While you may be leaving the game as a competitive player, the game should always be a part of you. The memories you have should last a lifetime. The friends you have made will always be your friends.

Take these last games and relish every minute of them. Play with a passion that will allow you to let the game go as a player and remain full with the memories it has given you. Hockey may no longer consume you, but it will always be a part of you. As you walk away, know that one day you will come back.

This is a circle. It is a family thing. One day I hope you will experience the sadness I feel today with your own son. Why? Because there is joy behind the sadness.

Through this adventure we have taken as a family, you have grown into a man. A man that any parent would be proud of. You have a future, you understand rules, and you know what it is to be a team player. You have learned to give back, and you understand what it takes to push yourself beyond what you thought you could achieve.

My joy in having watched you grow into the person that you are today will outweigh the sadness of watching these last games knowing they will be the last. My joy will one day be in watching you tie your sons skates as you pass on this tradition.

I am proud of you. Thank you for allowing me to come along this journey with you. I wouldnt trade one minute of this experience for anything.

Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lacrosse is not for everyone> Not every kid is going to get a scholarship. Not every kid is going to play D1. That is all true. But not every kid who takes piano lessons will play at Carnegie Hall. Not every girl taking dance lessons will Dance with the Rockettes.
Sometimes the kids just like playing lacrosse. Sometimes they like to play lacrosse in the spring as well as in the summer and winter. Why shouldn't they be able to? If there is a program that is willing to field a team, even for a profit, and it provides the child an opportunity to play whats the harm?
I am not a director but am a coach in both youth and High School. I have both A level players and B and C level. Why cant the "C" kid play in the summer? He doesn't need to win a national championship on TV to enjoy the game. His time isn't wasted if he doesn't develop into the next superstar. He is playing a game that he enjoys. There should be a place for him to play.
I didn't play pro. I did play DIII for a short period of time. I loved and still love the game. I still play in an over 40 league. These kids will hopefully have the opportunity to do the same.
Don't look at travel as a method to get something down the road. Look at it as a past time and a game to play. Have a realistic perspective and it is more fun. Stop asking if we are there yet and enjoy the ride and the scenery!

If a third team is coached and plays in level appropriate tournaments how is that a money grab? If the kids get to play and learn isn't that what it is there for? The slower kid with less than deadly stick skills should be able to play if he wants to. His parents should have the opportunity to watch him play. He should be able to go to a tournament in Hershey and hit the roller coasters with his friends afterward. You shouldn't need to commit to Hopkins in 8th grade to have fun in this game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think both the original post and the rebuttal are well said. There are definitely parents who lose focus and make it not fun for the family, because they expect their kid to get a scholarship, and there are other parents who appreciate youth sports for what it truly should be. The travel scene is not for everyone, and that's OK.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel lacrosse is not for everyone> Not every kid is going to get a scholarship. Not every kid is going to play D1. That is all true. But not every kid who takes piano lessons will play at Carnegie Hall. Not every girl taking dance lessons will Dance with the Rockettes.
Sometimes the kids just like playing lacrosse. Sometimes they like to play lacrosse in the spring as well as in the summer and winter. Why shouldn't they be able to? If there is a program that is willing to field a team, even for a profit, and it provides the child an opportunity to play whats the harm?
I am not a director but am a coach in both youth and High School. I have both A level players and B and C level. Why cant the "C" kid play in the summer? He doesn't need to win a national championship on TV to enjoy the game. His time isn't wasted if he doesn't develop into the next superstar. He is playing a game that he enjoys. There should be a place for him to play.
I didn't play pro. I did play DIII for a short period of time. I loved and still love the game. I still play in an over 40 league. These kids will hopefully have the opportunity to do the same.
Don't look at travel as a method to get something down the road. Look at it as a past time and a game to play. Have a realistic perspective and it is more fun. Stop asking if we are there yet and enjoy the ride and the scenery!

If a third team is coached and plays in level appropriate tournaments how is that a money grab? If the kids get to play and learn isn't that what it is there for? The slower kid with less than deadly stick skills should be able to play if he wants to. His parents should have the opportunity to watch him play. He should be able to go to a tournament in Hershey and hit the roller coasters with his friends afterward. You shouldn't need to commit to Hopkins in 8th grade to have fun in this game
To add, if you think about for every stud, their are 5 very good players, for every good player there are 10 medicare players. I have always said their is more opportunity for B teams then AA or A. The best part os that becasue so many kids fit this level, you really dont even need to travel. Igloo, Outlaws and Legacy,, after they play each other twice then what ? But if you are a B team there are probably 25 clubs of your talent level including some good town teams I am surprised the business model has not focused mor eon this area. Just like there are mens over 40 leagues, many kids just play for fun and exercise and the team experience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Who is really expected to bring sashimi to a tournament? Took this year off from club ball and my son could not have been happier. The summer was great. Beach, Golf, real vacations and no pressure. Sounds like we didn't miss much. I heard from club parents how the kids roasted standing on some country corn field watching parents fight while still holding their Solo cups between running up and down the turnpike. I am sure the elevator tag gets old and so does my $200 tab at every meal (Why am I paying for your wife and kids family vacation meals?). Don't miss the pyscho coaches, overzealous parents and traffic on the Outerbridge. Thanks to dropping club lacrosse my son got to go to camp and play basketball this year while I saved whatever the "scholarship" would amount too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense, I would not want to spend my family vacation traveling with some annoying family whose sole common interest was 7th grade lacrosse and getting drunk at the pool. Or the field. I certainly would not want to pay for it. And stop taking the other 3 screaming kids. There, I said it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to the person who posted that letter earlier today from the dad to his son who was finishing up on his hockey playing days. Im a 40+ father of multiple boys that play sports and competitive as anythhing. Call me a big mush but reading it made me teary eyed. That letter is what its all about so thx again for sharing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Who is really expected to bring sashimi to a tournament? Took this year off from club ball and my son could not have been happier. The summer was great. Beach, Golf, real vacations and no pressure. Sounds like we didn't miss much. I heard from club parents how the kids roasted standing on some country corn field watching parents fight while still holding their Solo cups between running up and down the turnpike. I am sure the elevator tag gets old and so does my $200 tab at every meal (Why am I paying for your wife and kids family vacation meals?). Don't miss the pyscho coaches, overzealous parents and traffic on the Outerbridge. Thanks to dropping club lacrosse my son got to go to camp and play basketball this year while I saved whatever the "scholarship" would amount too.

Fair enough. But may I ask why, if you've been out of travel lacrosse for a year, and your life is so much better since you've left, why are you still reading and posting on a travel lacrosse page?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was one of the wisest things I have ever seen posted on this site.

Thank you to the person who posted that letter earlier today from the dad to his son who was finishing up on his hockey playing days. Im a 40+ father of multiple boys that play sports and competitive as anythhing. Call me a big mush but reading it made me teary eyed. That letter is what its all about so thx again for sharing.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lets be honest, sports is about winning and losing. If your unhappy your child doesn't play enough work harder. I too am tired of everyone bashing this wonderful sport that I played in over the 30 years ago. If you want a trophy for showing up play for Obama and the liberals. Working hard will make you better and prepare you for life. That's it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Tycotian
Lets be honest, sports is about winning and losing. If your unhappy your child doesn't play enough work harder. I too am tired of everyone bashing this wonderful sport that I played in over the 30 years ago. If you want a trophy for showing up play for Obama and the liberals. Working hard will make you better and prepare you for life. That's it!!!
Its all about winning and losing ? BS, when I throw equipment on and bring my relic of stick out once on a while to play in an over 40 game its not to win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a lesson in life, my kid driving home after one game, and
Said to me that he is better then some of the kids that
Play more then him. I told him your right, but I told him just like at my job
Some people are very friendly with the boss/coach. So he gives them more pppporunity.
He works hard it's my wife and I that have to suck up more.
That is sad, and what people are sick of doing.nr7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

No one is bashing lacrosse. Its a great sport- maybe the best.

What I and others are bashing, are the elements that are making it less of a game and more of an occupation. Can the travel experience be good- of course it can. Many of you have detailed that. However, increasingly it is NOT a good experience. The tide is turning, and doing so due to some peoples' recognition that they can make alot of money selling D1 hope. That cancer trickles down to all levels of lacrosse.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the absolute worst situation are the B level teams that aspire to be AA. I have never seen a B level coach who was happy at B. They all want a seat at the table. They all want to think their kid has a chance at D1, and therefore must play on an AA team. Just work harder. Play more. Toughen up. Shake off the conwebs and get back in there. See where I am going with this...

Reality- most kids who play D1 have natural ability that is uncommon. Its not enough to get them to D1, but too many parents in this scene think their kid has the talent and just needs to play more, work harder and buy into the travel
Mess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a delicate balance as to playing time. I've got one son who got minimal playing time for a couple years. He was OK with it, because he loved the team and thought the three guys ahead of him were better. What got tougher was after he had a breakout school season and then did well as a guest player for another program (at a sibling's tournament). Still saw himself behind those 3 guys, but not really behind some new kids added for seemingly money or political reasons. I'm a 2021 coach and I think it's important for parents to tell their kids to work harder and implement what the coaches tell them if they want to play more, not sympathize with their kids wanting to play more. But obviously every situation is different and if - trying to be as objective as possible - you think the coach is not allocating PT for the best interest of the team, find a coach whose motivations you trust.

Not sure I understand the comments above regarding B teams. I think it's foolish, of course, to think you have D1 material at the 2021 level and, much worse, it's horribly dangerous to send a kid back into the game that might have a concussion.

That said, it's a good thing to play teams a level up from you now and then. Ideally, I think you play a team you can "run with" even if the score ends up 10-3. You have so many teaching points at practice the next week. And, yes, you tell the kids they need to work harder on their stick skills and in practice if they want to play at a higher level. Of course better teams are more athletic, but better teams also invariably have better stick skills and even B players can raise their stick skills to an A level through hard work. And making that "one more" pass or passing when you draw the slide or moving the ball quickly to the backside are all things B players can learn, even though B "teams" don't do those things (at 2021). Especially from outside Md and NY, your team may think they are hot stuff, but they can't even beat a B team from LI. With hard work, I think teams can step it up a notch every season, though I agree you aren't going to get to AA without high level coaching and AA and A athletes - hard-working B players fall apart against AA players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suggestion to the mods. If possible, make this a different thread since it's good conversation and is buried under the boys 2021 thread, and just start a new 2021 thread.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Suggestion to the mods. If possible, make this a different thread since it's good conversation and is buried under the boys 2021 thread, and just start a new 2021 thread.

I am not sure why this thread will not suffice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

What I and others are bashing, are the elements that are making it less of a game and more of an occupation. Can the travel experience be good- of course it can. Many of you have detailed that. However, increasingly it is NOT a good experience. The tide is turning, and doing so due to some peoples' recognition that they can make alot of money selling D1 hope. That cancer trickles down to all levels of lacrosse.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity.

What you describe is bad parenting not a problem with travel lacrosse. If you want to be on an A or especially an AA team expect year round commitment. Expect playing time based on ability and performance and expect, if your son is not one of the top performers to be upset with the playing time and the turnpike and the splitting of the bill at a team dinner.
If your son is a "B" player, let him play appropriate level lacrosse with less traveling and more even playing time. If your son is a sstud and you are not happy with the over the top commitment for a top team, play on a different team and be a stud. Just don't be upset when all your teammates are not equal caliber players.
Just being good enough to make the top team does not mean you need to play for that team. Find your happy spot and play there. You may not be able to have your cake and eat it too. You cant play top level and complain about all that goes into it. You cant play on the top teams if you are not over the top in both your, and your son's love of the game. If it is a chore to do it it is work and not a game. If that is the case you are doing neither you or your son any favors. He may develop that love down the road but if he doesnt have it at 12 and you are forcing him to he will never develop it. If he does and you are the sour puss, suck it up and do it for him or dont it's your choice as a parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Bluefish for this age group. For the prices they are charging and tryout dated it Appears they may have a core group of kids that they know will be on the team. Anyone know if they have players already for 2021. Anyone have any info on this team other than what is posted on the Internet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Bluefish for this age group. For the prices they are charging and tryout dated it Appears they may have a core group of kids that they know will be on the team. Anyone know if they have players already for 2021. Anyone have any info on this team other than what is posted on the Internet.
IS this the old Jr Lizards ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thank you Mr. Trump. Your comments sort of make my point.

Their certainly is a market for B teams, for kids who want to play. Problem is, no parent on the B team doesnt want their kid on the A team, so there is no place for a kid to avoid the insanity. [/quote

you cant have it both ways. You accept your child thrives on B or struggles on A. Its your choice. No one is breaking anyones arm. Only a small percentage go to D1. Everyone should know that. If you feel you were sold a bag of goods maybe you weren't being realistic from the beginning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it is a lesson in life, my kid driving home after one game, and
Said to me that he is better then some of the kids that
Play more then him. I told him your right, but I told him just like at my job
Some people are very friendly with the boss/coach. So he gives them more pppporunity.
He works hard it's my wife and I that have to suck up more.
That is sad, and what people are sick of doing.nr7

yes, but the beauty of it is you have other choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone heard how the Rising Son team in Philadelphia broke up?? they are calling teams to merge because their kids left the program!!

STOP WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, not true at all. They will be stronger than ever this year at all age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those who want to know who is coaching the team and what location practices are in

Long Island Bengals

Massapequa/Bellmore/Merrick

Gary Levitan - Director and Head Coach 2021 Boys Team

Occupation

Physical Education Teacher in Plainedge School District (1999 - Present)
Coaching

Plainedge High School Head Coach 1999-2014
Over 150 Wins (Most in school history)
Big Four Champions 2007 and 2008
Most Improved Team Award 1999
3 US Lacrosse All-Americans
2 US Lacrosse Scholar All-Americans
Mamaroneck High School Head Coach 1998
Checkmate Lacrosse Camp 1996-2006
Lutheran High School Head Coach 1994-1997
Started program in 1994
Metro Coach of the Year 1996
Metro League Champions 1996
Director of LuHi Lacrosse Camp 1994-1997

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be great if the teams posted all of their coaches coaching resumes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While resumes can certainly attract families/players, I think that while they may be impressive, they do not speak to whether they are actually able to coach younger kids. You can be a great college or HS coach, but have no ability to relate to the younger set. It is a whole different ball game of skills, including a lot of patience, management, extra sensitivity and fairness. I think reaching out to former families to get a wide view of opinions about philosophy, playing time, practice and game expectations etc are very important too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While resumes can certainly attract families/players, I think that while they may be impressive, they do not speak to whether they are actually able to coach younger kids. You can be a great college or HS coach, but have no ability to relate to the younger set. It is a whole different ball game of skills, including a lot of patience, management, extra sensitivity and fairness. I think reaching out to former families to get a wide view of opinions about philosophy, playing time, practice and game expectations etc are very important too.

LI Bengals coaches are all teachers as well. So they know how to relate to child and parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
heard that they are retooling to compete in Denver for the wsyl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Outlaw Black 2021 an AA or A team? I saw they are looking to do a select team, buts kinda confused as to how they're labeling them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids showed up for the outlaws 2021 tryouts? how was the tryout run? organized? or was it a mess?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
55-60 kids at 1 st out law try out - select top team - black 2 nd team which is coached by Bonn from cold spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Bonn left as assistant coaching Silver with that Sullivan (?) guy head coach and is heading out Black, or is Sullivan (?) really the head coach of this and Bonn still assisting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
55-60 kids at 1 st out law try out - select top team - black 2 nd team which is coached by Bonn from cold spring

thank you for the information.

i thought the outlaws are running 3 teams at 2021. are they running only two?

is the talent at 2021 available to them high enough for them to run a decent AA team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone please comment on the Express Program? I am trying to figure out if it is a team that would be a good fit for my son. What tournaments do they play in? how many practices do they have in the fall and winter? how many teams do they run at this age level? how many kids try out for this team? how many slots are truly open? what are the 2021 coaches like? thank you

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
can someone please comment on the Express Program? I am trying to figure out if it is a team that would be a good fit for my son. What tournaments do they play in? how many practices do they have in the fall and winter? how many teams do they run at this age level? how many kids try out for this team? how many slots are truly open? what are the 2021 coaches like? thank you

Before you start listening to all kinds of bull, I suggest you go to their tryout flyer and email Jill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of my son's plays for Express and loves it. As a matter of fact, he has friends that play for many of these teams, and most of them are having a blast, and the parents keep going back and having fun. I would go check it out and talk to the parents who have played there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Igloo kids at different try out over the last four days. Are they leaving Igloo or just leaving options open?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Igloo kids at different try out over the last four days. Are they leaving Igloo or just leaving options open?
igloo is loading up, they have to make it to Denver for wsyl

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the numbers at tryout?

A friend of my son's plays for Express and loves it. As a matter of fact, he has friends that play for many of these teams, and most of them are having a blast, and the parents keep going back and having fun. I would go check it out and talk to the parents who have played there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have only been to Outlaws (50-60) Not going to tryout for every team out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Although I was not there I heard Express had about 50 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar showing as Outlaws, around 5-60

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes heard last couple of years it was close to 100 at tryouts for 2021 , Express has been declining , and was told the talent pool was not there either this past week. Express has become a rotisserie for travel . Parents are realizing the organization and more so MC doesn't care about you and your kid after the money has been collected , He is concerned about every kid before tryouts till Winter , they give you minimum for maximum $ , And the whole catholic school myth is also a crock . If your kids better then a Express Player he is going to play over him period !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were Igloo tryouts? Rich getting richer? A chance to play on ESPN2 next Summer has got to be a big pull.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were Igloo tryouts? Rich getting richer? A chance to play on ESPN2 next Summer has got to be a big pull.

next week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine like last year there will be a lot of kids with great talent at Igloo try outs and then a big drop in talent. Last year when those great talented kids found out they only made the B team they went to other clubs leaving the second team with mostly kids where the talent dropped. Still good players but a big drop in talent. Expect the same this year. There have been a lot of Igloo kids at a few of the tryouts this year from the second team so we will see if the second team could get a competitive team this year. Last year they were very good for a first year team maybe not A but very close. It is hard to keep second teams with talent together. The Cudas are a perfect example of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are there any tune up clincs, or general invitation practices available for 2021 players to help get prepared for tryouts? if so when, where? thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are there any tune up clincs, or general invitation practices available for 2021 players to help get prepared for tryouts? if so when, where? thank you.

It's too late for that. 2021 is halfway thru tryouts for 3-4 of the main teams.

Preparation for tryouts (or tryout preseason) happens at the start of May and during summer ball, so the young athlete can finish strong and be remembered at tryouts a few weeks later. It's like riding a bike, nothing will be forgotten in a three week hiatus, and a last minute clinic is not going to bring him to the next level.

A few weeks off and the stick away in order to be a kid and enjoy summer is the best reset button or refresher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to other try outs for reps and plays. That is one way to get your kid warmed up and gauge the talent on other teams. It helps you get a realistic view on where you kid may belong, as long as you do not mind spending the money for the try outs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournaments will 2021 express be playing in this upcoming season? if there is an a and a b team, which tournaments will each team be playing in? if this is unknown, what tournaments did they play in last season?

thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what tournaments will 2021 express be playing in this upcoming season? if there is an a and a b team, which tournaments will each team be playing in? if this is unknown, what tournaments did they play in last season?

thank you

You need Kreskin to answer this question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Three teams. Blue Knights is the A team. It is an A- team and very close to A. When they had the Express Wolves playing with them in the fall they were a solid A team. Needs some top players to be A. The second team is a solid B team. Not B plus yet. But a better B team. Don't know about the third team or how much any team practices. I don't know if they still bring in the Wolves for games. That would be a concern. They had a lot of conflicts in the summer so the wolves could not play with them. Probably not a bad choice compared to other A and B teams out there but not great either. Good luck.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights cannot beat either Igloo team, Express, 91, ICON or Team Long Island. They are not an A team.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you. [/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bold statement. Blue Knights tied igloo B then lost in a brave heart. I guess that means blue knight "cannot beat" them ever. They Tied igloo the second time they played. Blue Knights beat the turtles and igloo B lost to the turtles 9-2 the same day. Legacy beat the jesters by a lot and igloo lost to the jesters. Jesters beat team Long Island and igloo B lost to team Long Island by a lot. You can not say blue nights "cannot" beat igloo B. Igloo B and legacy are A- maybe B plus. Neither are A. If the jesters could beat igloo B and team Long Island so can legacy. Read the post again it does not say blue knights are A.

Blue Knights lost to TLI by a fair amount.

quote=Anonymous]can anyone please CONSTRUCTIVELY tell me about legacy 2021? hoping for useful answers, my son is considering trying out for them. thank you.
[/quote] [/quote] [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you for your very helpful comments. how is the quality of the coaching?

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been a part of a couple of clubs over the past 9 years with our three boys. Two of which are now playing in college. I can say from experience and with much enthusiasm that Legacy is by far the most organized club. The coaching is great and the directors are very approachable and friendly. The level of play is also very high.
We would recommend this club to anyone looking for a great club experience both for your son and you. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know nothing about the coaching or the number of practices. Every kid is different when it comes to coaching. So there is no one answer for that. Some kids need a tough coach some would quit with a tough coach. I don't know the coach. Call the director and ask questions. Try and find parents on the team or know people on the team. When my sons team played them they seemed organized but I really don't know. Return rate will help you a lot. When you go to tryout if it is mostly legacy helmets there that is a good sign. If there is a lot of open spaces that means kids left and that is never good. Go to all the teams tryouts. It is worth going. I hear good and bad about legacy. I have not seen anything terrible except them bringing the wolves kids on to play some games. If they still do that you may want to keep away.

[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know nothing about the coaching or the number of practices. Every kid is different when it comes to coaching. So there is no one answer for that. Some kids need a tough coach some would quit with a tough coach. I don't know the coach. Call the director and ask questions. Try and find parents on the team or know people on the team. When my sons team played them they seemed organized but I really don't know. Return rate will help you a lot. When you go to tryout if it is mostly legacy helmets there that is a good sign. If there is a lot of open spaces that means kids left and that is never good. Go to all the teams tryouts. It is worth going. I hear good and bad about legacy. I have not seen anything terrible except them bringing the wolves kids on to play some games. If they still do that you may want to keep away.

[/quote]

Having a few kids myself, experiencing various clubs in different ages, I would say it has much less to do with the actual club and a lot more to do with the coaches. The club may take the money and post on the website, but the coaches, their philosophy, their pick of tournaments, and the way they run, schedule and communicate about practices, scrimmages and competitive games. Ask to speak to the coach and get these questions answered before you give 2-3 grand to a club. A travel sport can become a miserable experience if you find you dislike a coach and how he interacts with his families and players. Asking other families on that team is another way to learn more, but just remember, not everyone values the same experiences. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy Blue Knight beat Team Long Island in the fall but they had the best Express players playing with them that day. I agree TLI is better but you can't say Legacy can't ever beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone go the Bluefish tryout yesterday? If yes, how did it go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a well ran tryout, lots of Hofstra players doing evals. Tierney and other big names were bouncing around between 3 groups. but overall a good tryout, ran practice style.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post K

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me if their is it a big jump for your son going from 6th to 7th grade in the lacrosse world?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anybody tell me if their is it a big jump for your son going from 6th to 7th grade in the lacrosse world?

Yes, it's huge! Especially if he plays u13, which he may have to in age based tournaments because there is no u12. This is where you run into kids in full puberty as well as holbacks, and of course the dreaded double holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you listen to the holdback whiners, it must be the equivalent of going from hitting a baseball in little league to trying to hit off Clayton Kershaw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you listen to the holdback whiners, it must be the equivalent of going from hitting a baseball in little league to trying to hit off Clayton Kershaw

Reality is, holdback or not, in that puberty range it's a big deal. You often will have a young 7th grader (Turns 12 in August) playing against an older 7th grader (turns 13 in September). That's the difference between a little boy and a young man and you can see it on the field immediately not only in terms of size but just how they move. The younger boy is often disadvantaged during this period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting tryout season so far. The best 2021 teams meaning B plus, A and AA will be filled by sept 1. After that only B and C teams will have spots open or having first tryouts. The chances of a team improving out of the B level is almost impossible this year given all the best teams tried out together and the best kids are taken. For those looking for the best B teams where should they go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting tryout season so far. The best 2021 teams meaning B plus, A and AA will be filled by sept 1. After that only B and C teams will have spots open or having first tryouts. The chances of a team improving out of the B level is almost impossible this year given all the best teams tried out together and the best kids are taken. For those looking for the best B teams where should they go?

You mean A teams in B programs (or startups like Bluefish), and I think that teams may pick up the kids who Igloo doesn't take on the A team. So then you have parents who rightly (or not) don't want the B team experience, they are the available kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
would someone please be kind enough to comment on what they know about Millon Force at this age group, and whether they are organized well?

im not looking to label the team a b or c, but would rather know whether the teams they play are evenly matched, or does millon get blown out frequently, or do they run up a score on other teams frequently?

how is the quality of the coaching?

thank you, in advance, for any helpful information.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing a bunch of 2021 igloo boys at other tryouts. Guess seeing Icon hold their own against igloo is making some want to jump ship.

Listening to the igloo brigade defend themselves is always the highlight of my day smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids igloo does not take on their Black ice team will just go back to the team they played for last year or a team they aready made this year with a spot held for them. They will not play on a b to b plus team like avelanche. There will not be too many of those players. Everyone know by now if the igloo director has not asked your kid to try out for Black ice the chances of making that team is almost zero. So this weeks tryouts is really for the avelanche team which last year had a buch of B level players and had half its teams at other try outs this year and may have already commited to other teams. I doubt igloo tryout left overs will have any A players looking for a team.

You mean A teams in B programs (or startups like Bluefish), and I think that teams may pick up the kids who Igloo doesn't take on the A team. So then you have parents who rightly (or not) don't want the B team experience, they are the available kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I coach PAL for this age group and pushed many of my boys who wanted to play travel for the first time to go there. A few of my boys play for them, and get better every year, have fun, and keep going back for more. It would be frustrating for an exceptional player, but for an average to above average player it is great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My friends son plays for them. He has spoken very highly about this team. The coaches run excellnt practices and he saw tremendous improvement. I understand they play in appropriate level at local tourneys so arent blowing out teams or getting blown out by 20. He is happy with the team for his son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing a bunch of 2021 igloo boys at other tryouts. Guess seeing Icon hold their own against igloo is making some want to jump ship.

Listening to the igloo brigade defend themselves is always the highlight of my day smile

Are you serious? Having another team play well and compete would make people want to jump ship! to where? who else has been as dominant or has the track record? are you really suggesting one close game would scare people away?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a 30,000 ft look as a parent on the sidelines, for the next few years there is a big difference in the play from 6th to 7th again up to 8th then another big jump at 10th. All really maturity rate driven, then at 10th wow mind and body on many of these boys are amazing.

My son has played up each step of the way as well as play on age. and yes the hold back issue, is an issue you will see. but my son says it is all the same outside of that one player that's lights out. He says you start realizing a team concept is the best method of play. Where Lax IQ and physical conditioning is very important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY CANT EVER BEAT TEAM LI! TLI thumped the Blue Knights 8-0 this Summer. It was never close. You cannot compare the two!

Legacy Blue Knight beat Team Long Island in the fall but they had the best Express players playing with them that day. I agree TLI is better but you can't say Legacy can't ever beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THEY CANT EVER BEAT TEAM LI! TLI thumped the Blue Knights 8-0 this Summer. It was never close. You cannot compare the two!

[/quote] [/quote][/quote]

True...however does that TLI team still exist? Heard most of that team was going to Empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU ARE OUT OF YOU MIND !!! One close game against a very good team who is very well coach and people are jumping ship you are really funny. Black Ice has not lost a tournament in 2 years and they are something like 90-3 in last 3 years____COM'ON MAN ......YOU MADE MY DAY smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clear things up. The many 2021 Igloo kids seen at different try outs were not from Black Ice.

YOU ARE OUT OF YOU MIND !!! One close game against a very good team who is very well coach and people are jumping ship you are really funny. Black Ice has not lost a tournament in 2 years and they are something like 90-3 in last 3 years____COM'ON MAN ......YOU MADE MY DAY smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect.....There was 1, yes 1 player on the TLI team that this applies to, although he was a younger kid. 99% of that team is 2021. FACT.

True...however does that TLI team still exist? Heard most of that team was going to Empire.
[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clear things up. The many 2021 Igloo kids seen at different try outs were not from Black Ice.

even the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect.....There was 1, yes 1 player on the TLI team that this applies to, although he was a younger kid. 99% of that team is 2021. FACT.

[/quote]

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's why they are leaving TLI, to have the opportunity to play against better competition in better tournaments.

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is truly a question, not a dig- if TLI is a very capable team, why don't we see them at more tournaments against the better competition? I ask not just of this team, but all age groups. [/quote]

It is an age-based org and therefore tries to play in age-based tourneys of which they are apart of something called the Passport Allianace which is comprised of other like-minded teams. While they are often criticized for multi-grade kids on a team, their teams are age appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90-3, how would you know that? Who keeps crazy stats like that at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You say "the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better". If that is true why is it that at least half of Igloo Avalanche kids are being seen at tryouts all over the place? The kids seen at tryouts are the better kids. Those are the ones wearing Igloo helmets. There could be more who are not wearing Igloo helmets. It may be that they all come back to Igloo this season but it won't be because they want to be there.

even the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better then

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Black Ice picks and chooses when they play. If they are missing 1 or 2 certain kids they back out of tournaments, games and scrimmages. They ONLY play with all the key players. They are afraid to play without one or two kids. No other team does this. Teams play with who ever shows up but not Black Ice. Igloo Black Ice also has 2020 kids but play in 2021 tournaments. They avoid Crush. Both Crush and Black Ice are technically 2020 teams for the past 3 years. This past season they played less than they have in the past. They had more one goal games this year and more close games. Less blow outs. This could explain why they are not playing as much. Play less to keep a perfect record. This hurts the kids and helps the program reputation. That may be why everyone is catching up to them and they find themselves in closer games and many more one goal games. If you don't play that much and everyone else is playing more the team and individuals won't improve as much as the rest. Until they play Crush (and other state 2020 top teams), play more often and play when certain kids are not able to make it is hard to respect the 90-3 record.

90-3, how would you know that? Who keeps crazy stats like that at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, your child has only ever tried out for one team? Do you see an issue with YOUR son trying out for another team even if he's happy with Express? Or would you advise your son NOT to tryout for another team as a 'plan B' option in the event he might not make his current team again? I think it's wise to always have a fallback option.

You say "the majority of the Avalanche team was very happy with the exception of a few who thought they were better". If that is true why is it that at least half of Igloo Avalanche kids are being seen at tryouts all over the place? The kids seen at tryouts are the better kids. Those are the ones wearing Igloo helmets. There could be more who are not wearing Igloo helmets. It may be that they all come back to Igloo this season but it won't be because they want to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Must be a Manhasset DIG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about the early tryouts. I like it because the kids have just stop playing and are not too rusty and get it over with early. Any other thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Must be a Manhasset DIG
what is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone comment on Outlaws black team? Competitive? Coaching? Are they a good group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about the early tryouts. I like it because the kids have just stop playing and are not too rusty and get it over with early. Any other thoughts?

Like them- kids still in the flow- before school starts- football not fully into season- parents find out the team and possible tournaments for the Fall early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone comment on Outlaws black team? Competitive? Coaching? Are they a good group?

If one followed the announcement of the Outlaws going Select AA, A and B this year, along with the respective coaching staff, one could guess, it was a name change. Black is being renamed Select, Silver being renamed Black, and a third team no relegated to Silver status.

Silver entered B divisions last year and I'm not sure if they won a tournament, so nobody knows how they will perform as the A Black team.

IMO, both last year's Black and Silver team will a need significant amount of new talented players to jump a level.

Good luck to them, hope it works out, especially with all the new board member additions. It could happen. But it could not. Time will tell. Be a smart consumer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We scrimmaged Black in early Spring and we won in a very lopsided fashion. It would be hard to rank them up there with the A teams, but I have no idea how their season turned out. Thinking about ditching current club- buried on 3rd line- for a B team in hopes of getting real playing time. These guys looked like an option. One of the better B's in a manner of speaking...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Agree 100 percent. Can start practice early too.

Like them- kids still in the flow- before school starts- football not fully into season- parents find out the team and possible tournaments for the Fall early on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote
98% not 99%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 3 teams at this age. A team is a very good and could be considered solid B team and well coached. You get your moneys worth. B team is marginal. They had some success in weak tournaments but don't play or practice enough. C team is money grab. They will make a 4th team if the checks keep rolling in. But I guess thats every club. Make sure to visit the gift shop and save the date for annual the golf outing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This team is a solid A team. Not quite a AA. Will compete with and beat most A teams but struggles with the top tier.
Solid group of kids with a good group of parents. Only two players have not returned to tryouts over the last two years. Generally a happy group with even playing time.
coaching is good and very eager. You will see well above promised practices and play in many extra tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws coaches announced. 2021 Black is now "Select". Black was a very good team but I don't know what the intent is with the name change. Silver is the new Black. No Silver team coach listed. Is this just to create a C team but not call it a C team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
legacy tryouts were last night. how many kids showed up? what was the talent like? how were tryouts run?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has over 200 kids right now for 2021 and 2022 at the fields

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were about 65 2021 kids at Legacy. Gonna be 2 teams
talent was ok at best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must of been looking at both age groups. 2020 was there also. Tops 65 kids for the 2021 legacy group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 2020 group had 110 kids tryout I counted them. 2021 approx. 80. 2021 A team should be pretty good had a few 91 A kids tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about igloo or legacy[
quote=Anonymous]Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards.... [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo had 200+ kids there for 2021, and it seemed that most belonged there. There were over 30 kids trying out for attack and another 30 for defense. I was hesitant when the announced a 4 hour tryout, but I really was impressed at how well run they did it. It is worth trying out for to get a great clinic. The boys are being instructed while trying out. Never seen anything like it. Wish my son could have done it last year, but we were out of town. It seems that they will be able to field 2 good teams. I spoke to a dad who moved to the Avalanche team, and they were very happy with their progress for a first year program. His son is only trying out for them, and they left 91 to move to Avalanche.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like a great PR guy for igloo are you one of the directors or a dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the number for 2021 has moved up to 200 plus. I talked to an Igloo coach and as of yesterday they had only 98. they dont take walk ons. Even if they did they had over 100 walk ons today?

Igloo had 200+ kids there for 2021, and it seemed that most belonged there. There were over 30 kids trying out for attack and another 30 for defense. I was hesitant when the announced a 4 hour tryout, but I really was impressed at how well run they did it. It is worth trying out for to get a great clinic. The boys are being instructed while trying out. Never seen anything like it. Wish my son could have done it last year, but we were out of town. It seems that they will be able to field 2 good teams. I spoke to a dad who moved to the Avalanche team, and they were very happy with their progress for a first year program. His son is only trying out for them, and they left 91 to move to Avalanche.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would greatly appreciate any information on the icon lacrosse program at this age level please. how many teams will they field, what is the quality and style of coaching, what tournaments do they play in, and any other helpful information please. thank you very much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every kid on LI that is going in to the 7th grade and plays lax is at the tryouts...Its unprecedented....C'mon man

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now the number for 2021 has moved up to 200 plus. I talked to an Igloo coach and as of yesterday they had only 98. they dont take walk ons. Even if they did they had over 100 walk ons today?

I counted just attack and Defense, and there were 60 boys there alone. I would say about the same number of mids, so maybe 120. They were taking walk ons, and had them wait for everyone else to sign in first. I would say between 2020 & 2021 there were 200+

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I counted just attack and Defense, and there were 60 boys there alone. I would say about the same number of mids, so maybe 120. They were taking walk ons, and had them wait for everyone else to sign in first. I would say between 2020 & 2021 there were 200+

They no doubt take walk ons. Thet took a bunch of 32 kids at the 2024 2023 tryouts. It's jsut another grand in AA's pocket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about igloo or legacy[
quote=Anonymous]Tryout is a joke - 2021 100+ kids and two clip boards....
[/quote]

Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not an Icon parent but my sons team played the A team many times this year and in the past. Top team loads of talent. Although I know nothing about the coaches the team was very organized and you can tell they are well coached. My son has played against every top team and I place this team second in 2021 behind igloo. I know express beat them and most think 91 is better. Just my opinion. The second team I hear is a good B to b plus team. We have a friend that goes back every year but may not this year. The only negatives I know of or heard about is that they may not play or practice as much as other teams and some parents may be tough to get along with. But that could be with any team. They are worth the tryout if your son is a b plus or better player. Good luck.

i would greatly appreciate any information on the icon lacrosse program at this age level please. how many teams will they field, what is the quality and style of coaching, what tournaments do they play in, and any other helpful information please. thank you very much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They no doubt take walk ons. Thet took a bunch of 32 kids at the 2024 2023 tryouts. It's jsut another grand in AA's pocket

Good for him. 8 hours for $100, can't beat that. And they are pretty open about what they are doing. Even better, people are really looking at the costs and are seeing that they sound more expensive, but are really the same as the others when you consider all costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound like a great PR guy for igloo are you one of the directors or a dad
Nope, actually a PAL dad and my kid had a blast. I didn't realize that there were 2 age groups, so maybe 100+ for 2021 is more accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is a reasonable number of teams to try out for at this age group? 2? 3? obviously cant try out for them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call. Try out for any team he has an interest in if it fits your schedule and budget. Many 2021 rosters are already locked up so the more the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has express started making calls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call. Try out for any team he has an interest in if it fits your schedule and budget. Many 2021 rosters are already locked up so the more the better.

I think that is the most important piece of information new families or fairly new, need to know. Years ago, we were very naive to think that a try out was open. If there are 6 spots for attack , shouldn't they go to the best ? In actuality, they may be looking at 1 attack, or maybe none.

I'd call ahead and ask to speak with coach or director. If you are told every spot is open, I'd think twice if this is an established team. You can spend a lot of time and money chasing a spot on an A team that was not available at all .
That said, I do think that there is a lot of pros in keeping an established team together and it does lead to success as chemistry in playing together is important and coach already knows his players strengths and weaknesses.

In certain organizations, B teams aren't a bad choice. Kids DO get pulled up to A and do have a shot, even if you have been told otherwise. I've seen this happen in Express, 91 and some smaller clubs too.

Try out season is not always easy- lots of emotions and uncertainty when trying to find a team that fits right. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, all 50 kids make the A team, $125.00 shooting clinic starts Monday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express emails are out. Which are the A & B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good question. Did the coaches change this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have been told that there is a coach on the 2021 outlaws who's son plays on the team. what position does he play? has he been on the team in prior years? do other players see less playing time due to favoritism?

to be clear, i am not trying to badmouth anyone's child, i am just looking for information to help make a team choice for my own son. my question does not call for any comments about the player's skill level or whether he is on the right level team.

thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what was the talent like at the outlaws tryout today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the kids played well and the tryout was well run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the coaches of team 1, 2, 3 of Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i have been told that there is a coach on the 2021 outlaws who's son plays on the team. what position does he play? has he been on the team in prior years? do other players see less playing time due to favoritism?

to be clear, i am not trying to badmouth anyone's child, i am just looking for information to help make a team choice for my own son. my question does not call for any comments about the player's skill level or whether he is on the right level team.

thank you.
All of the 2021 coaches have kids on the team. AS a result you get a lot of extra practices. None of them abuse their position although those kids do seem to get yelled at more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems to be a mistery

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks need to know same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 1, 2 and 3 coaches please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Team Karwoski 1, 2 or 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski is 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is did Hughes move up to team 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Highes was team 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is team 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is team 1

I am at a loss. how can anyone truly consider joining a team spending the money they ask for and not even know the coach of the team you are paying to be on. The coach is the most important piece. Are there that many people out there willing to spend over 3k and not know who there coach is just so you can say you play on express. That is absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOGAN TEAM 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have any info on 2021 karwoski? Is he a good coach? Was he on another travel team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are hesitant for this 2nd team on express. We know kids who made this team and only went to the 2nd of the two tryout dates, and barely touched the ball during the scrimmages. We don't think Express had a good turnout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turnout was fine at express. Lite first night w wolves no where to be found. Second tryout had wolves and much better talent.
About 70 kids about?
Was it igloo numbers, no. But there was a bunch of talent there second night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps with payments pending someone from express could enlighten us

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To those that would question someone else's abilities you should take a closer look at your own sons abilities

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am in no way questioning someone else's abilities. We went to more than 1 tryout, my son did great at 2 and had terrible nights at another. These tryouts are only snapshots of what a player is, anyone can have a stellar day as well as an off day. The points I mentioned were actually brought to my attention by the parents of the kids who only attended the 2nd day, and had a crummy night to boot. They were the ones questioning the pool of players for the team. I was hoping for some other opinions of people who were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coach. He was a AA at Yale. He coached multiple games for 2022 and 2021 A teams last year. Kids loved him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a great coach. My son had him and really liked him.
Any one have any info on 2021 karwoski? Is he a good coach? Was he on another travel team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great coach. He was a AA at Yale. He coached multiple games for 2022 and 2021 A teams last year. Kids loved him.

yes karwoski is a great coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski coached a bunch of 2022 games. He was excellent. Knows how to teach, boys loved him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would pick Karwoski over the bigger named coaches any day. Great with kids , fully focused on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hughes get bumped to team 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Karwoski might be team 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard no team 3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jill Adler, one of the administrative personnel at Express confirmed Karwoski is the Express 2nd team. We know there have been comments regarding express' "decline". We are happy our son will be playing lacrosse this year and look forward to the great coaching and motivation we hear Karwoski has to offer. Not every kid and every team has to be AA or A to have a great lacrosse experience. We are looking to improve and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did Jim Hughes go? is he still with organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. We commited to Karwoski 2021 and also look forward to a great experience. He has a very good reputation. The purpose of playing on any team is to look at where your kid is at the start of the season and then where he has grown at the end.
My son has been on teams that looked good from the start and peaked early and never really developed beyond certain point.
I'm not looking for a igloo experience in terms of dominance, I am looking for good coaching, constructive practices that help develop my son, good parents and an overall fun experience for my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same here. I just signed up my son for Karwoski's team. I echo everything you just said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. We commited to Karwoski 2021 and also look forward to a great experience. He has a very good reputation. The purpose of playing on any team is to look at where your kid is at the start of the season and then where he has grown at the end.
My son has been on teams that looked good from the start and peaked early and never really developed beyond certain point.
I'm not looking for a igloo experience in terms of dominance, I am looking for good coaching, constructive practices that help develop my son, good parents and an overall fun experience for my son.

If Igloo is dominating that's because they picked the better players. They had 2, four hour tryouts to monitor the kids. They practice all year round and the kids learn. What dies Igloo have to do with you joining express? Good for you, no need to bring other teams into your view of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a compliment to igloo not an insult. But thanks for your 2 cents. [lacrosse]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta love the d-bags, where would we be without their clarification!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Igloo is dominating that's because they picked the better players. They had 2, four hour tryouts to monitor the kids. They practice all year round and the kids learn. What dies Igloo have to do with you joining express? Good for you, no need to bring other teams into your view of lacrosse.

I think you are taking this personally- the guy was just saying that he is okay with a good experience, and that does not necessarily mean winning every game or tourney. Lighten up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen I'm sorry if your kids just play for fun my kid plays to win. You teach yours the way you want and I will do the same. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was obviously not posted by an Igloo parent.
Listen I'm sorry if your kids just play for fun my kid plays to win. You teach yours the way you want and I will do the same. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dont bother saying you sorry for being a [lacrosse] bag with a superiority complex, when you obviously are not. Our kids want to and play to win also, just stating wining every game and being on the best of the best AA team isn't the end all to lacrosse for everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On my neighbors email from express team 1 listed coach k as assistant coach.
Maybe they plan on practicing together ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone hear about outlaws results from second tryout? anyone get a call/email?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So winning is all that matters? Don't care if their kid is happy or having fun?
Sure winning can be fun, but it doesn't necessarily make the experience fun. Especially when there are parents like you who probably make your kid nervous to make mistakes. I'd hate to be your kid in the car after a loss. Whose the DB now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So winning is all that matters? Don't care if their kid is happy or having fun?
Sure winning can be fun, but it doesn't necessarily make the experience fun. Especially when there are parents like you who probably make your kid nervous to make mistakes. I'd hate to be your kid in the car after a loss. Whose the DB now?

Agreed. Amazing how angry parents get over a stupid summer team. Same parents who stand with their toes on the sidelines in their cutoff shirts screaming at their kid to compensate for whatever their own shortcomings are. I'm pretty sure 7th grade lacrosse doesn't define who you are and getting angry in defense of some youth lax program is just pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it is not an Igloo parent it sure sounds like one. I know many Igloo parents who feel this way and say it all the time. I have heard worse things than this from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually sounds Express driven...

If it is not an Igloo parent it sure sounds like one. I know many Igloo parents who feel this way and say it all the time. I have heard worse things than this from them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely true! Entire team walked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered