BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 89 90
Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2020-8th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 would not beat any of the top 2020 Long Island teams. You can take that to the bank if you think they would have your coach call any of the top 3 coaches and schedule your [lacrosse] whooping!!! Talk is cheap igloo dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of the 2021 igloo team are hold backs. That's a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whos talking? You are the first post. Lets try to get off on the right foot.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of the 2021 igloo team are hold backs. That's a fact

You could have combined those two posts but decided to make two.. hmmm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo 2021 team don't call yourself at 7 th grade team with present kids that are going into 8th grade that's a fact ... Huntington Dad

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Igloo 2021 team don't call yourself at 7 th grade team with present kids that are going into 8th grade that's a fact ... Huntington Dad

Hey, Dude, what's your major malfunction? Sounds like you really need a hug.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Admit it, we all know your roster, you have kids going into 8th! Period!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Good Travel Team / best bang for the buck so to speak. 2019 / 2020, Can anyone give me any incite to how much Legacy cost last year, and how was the personal experience on the team or teams with their sons. Thanks

User
User
If you register you can PM me and I'll fill you in.

Back of the Cage
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a Good Travel Team / best bang for the buck so to speak. 2019 / 2020, Can anyone give me any incite to how much Legacy cost last year, and how was the personal experience on the team or teams with their sons. Thanks

What do you want for your son? how are you evaluating cost/benefit? Are you looking at only the summer or the program cost for the full year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Crush 2020 folks know where you are playing this Autumn. We (Edge Ontario) are in the process of planning our upcoming season and have made some upgrades to our team and were hoping to face your team. There's no better way to assess talent other than playing the best. We were looking at the NYPLL on November 15th. We haven't played you since Nov 2011 and look forward to the opportunity. Good luck to all teams with their tryouts and upcoming season.

Are your upgrades in the form if holdbacks? Would you be willing to play in age based tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush is screwed also for age based....lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every player on our team will be making the cutoff date of June 1/2001. Holdbacks don't exist in Canada no one in their right mind would keep their child back a year in school. In fact many December babies end up entering school early choosing not to wait an extra year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
age based U-15 as no player turn 15 until june 2016 is that fair..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June No [lacrosse]...us lax cutoff 9/1 ur boys that run 91 change the rules to help themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that? What team does your son play for big mouth? Guess you are just another one of those crickets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We get pushed down by our older teams ..we have no choice in the matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why I love this board.by now even the haters know it's not even remotely true but someone still posts that crush is older I love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every player on our team will be making the cutoff date of June 1/2001. Holdbacks don't exist in Canada no one in their right mind would keep their child back a year in school. In fact many December babies end up entering school early choosing not to wait an extra year.

In New [lacrosse] the school cut off is 12/1 so in the rising 8th grade class the age appropriate kids are mostly born in 2002 with a handful of December babies. If a kid is born prior to 12/1/2001 he is a holdback. Your team's website also lauds the holdback nature of your entire program, so give it a rest already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In New [lacrosse] the school cut off is 12/1 so in the rising 8th grade class the age appropriate kids are mostly born in 2002 with a handful of December babies. If a kid is born prior to 12/1/2001 he is a holdback. Your team's website also lauds the holdback nature of your entire program, so give it a rest already.

Crush just got undressed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are playing 2020 no choice as we have a 2019 team so hopefully crush plays at the NYPLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a hold of the guys from Rising Sons. They are supposed to be hosting a fall and Spring play day like last year. They get the top clubs to come. I don't know who it goes to but the website email address is risingsonslax@yahoo.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
June No [lacrosse]...us lax cutoff 9/1 ur boys that run 91 change the rules to help themselves

Crush has no issues with the age guidelines set by US Lax what so ever. But I guess... You collected the kids' birth certificates in a quest to disprove that? This conversation is so old.

I would say anyone looking to play the team should contact the coach- not post on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no such thing as U-14. It is U-13 followed by U-15

8th grade is the year that the holdbacks begin in earnest. It is the reason 8th grade goes U-15 instead of U-14.

The age cutoff is Sept 1st, 2000. Anyone born this date or later is eligible for U-15 play. The Maryland "AA" U-15 youth clubs also called 2020 clubs will be stocked with 8th graders born in late 2000 or early 2001. The Maryland clubs with "A" designation will generally be those boys who have not yet reclassified and are equivalent to U-14 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising 8th graders born in 2000? So they are two years older than my son and potentially competing against him on dueling 2020 teams? So gross....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising 8th graders born in 2000? So they are two years older than my son and potentially competing against him on dueling 2020 teams? So gross....

Agree this is gross, but it is what the D1 coaches want. They get to see all the boys who will start college in Fall 2020 and take the field in Spring 2021 on the same field at the same time.

This is not a new problem. My 2000 birth year son is a 2018 grad year. On the club and individual showcase circuit he plays against 1998 birth year players all the time.

What makes it interesting is that when your kids reach High School the same parents who complain most about reclassification expect their 9th grader to play Varsity. The age/size differential exists in the school version of the sport but is acceptable for most parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

before this shift to grade-based teams did you think the old system of u11,u13,u15 was "gross"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't make the gross comment but I for one did. Although I saw the necessity in some areas. Some areas didn't have the enrollment so they mix grades. When teams went by a U age system many times only the older players played while the younger ones got beat up and learned in practice. They waited their turn (the following year) when they were the older guys and the cycle continued.

not the best situation. the areas that are able to go grade base have the numbers and therefore have a bigger pool to pull and work with generally getting lucky talent wise too.

that said, I play my son up whenever possible, when it is our choice not someone elses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know the password for igloos game videos? We played them and my son wants to see if they have the game. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree this is gross, but it is what the D1 coaches want. They get to see all the boys who will start college in Fall 2020 and take the field in Spring 2021 on the same field at the same time.

This is not a new problem. My 2000 birth year son is a 2018 grad year. On the club and individual showcase circuit he plays against 1998 birth year players all the time.

What makes it interesting is that when your kids reach High School the same parents who complain most about reclassification expect their 9th grader to play Varsity. The age/size differential exists in the school version of the sport but is acceptable for most parents.

Seriously? Graduating high school at 20? Would be surprised if you were even allowed to play high school lax at that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Graduating high school at 20? Would be surprised if you were even allowed to play high school lax at that age.

The holdback issue is real but exaggerated. None of the 2019's who have committed will be 20 when they graduate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback issue is real but exaggerated. None of the 2019's who have committed will be 20 when they graduate.

Ok- they'll be 20 before they step on campus- is that better? Still ridiculous! My son will graduate at 18 and won't turn 19 until he's in his second semester of college- some won't turn 19 until they finish their first year- I'd say the exaggeration isn't quite that big. It is what it is- but Ithose underdog kids will get as far because they have a lot more grit and determination and those are qualities that will take them much further.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't the cut-off date September 1 when talking about age based programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was born November 10 2002 what grade should he be in? I am confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could go either way, going into 7th (2021) or 8th (2020). I dont think anyone would gripe about a boy born in Oct/Nov being entered in the younger year because his parents didnt think he was ready for school yet.

The issue with holdbacks is more around, a boy born in the beginning of the year being intentionally entered in the younger year for an athletic advantage. If you build a team around boys like that, in the younger years that team will have an unfair advantage and could possible be dangerous for the opponents. Its very tricky when you include the contact sport aspect to it (in the younger ages). IMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Throughout most of the country he would be a 2021 - 7th grader and not considered to be old but rather within the typical age range for his grade

In NY with the late birthday cutoff he may be an 8th grader (2020)

Most Maryland Prep schools as well as most clubs would suggest he reclassify to 2022 class which would make him one year older than his classmates. This would make him more attractive to D1 coaches who ignore age and recruit by class

None of the above is my personal opinion of what is the right thing to do, it is just a statement of fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Throughout most of the country he would be a 2021 - 7th grader and not considered to be old but rather within the typical age range for his grade

Most Maryland Prep schools as well as most clubs would suggest he reclassify to 2022 class which would make him one year older than his classmates. This would make him more attractive to D1 coaches who ignore age and recruit by class

None of the above is my personal opinion of what is the right thing to do, it is just a statement of fact.

In New [lacrosse] he would be considered 2020...and one of the youngest in the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could go either way, going into 7th (2021) or 8th (2020). I dont think anyone would gripe about a boy born in Oct/Nov being entered in the younger year because his parents didnt think he was ready for school yet.

The issue with holdbacks is more around, a boy born in the beginning of the year being intentionally entered in the younger year for an athletic advantage. If you build a team around boys like that, in the younger years that team will have an unfair advantage and could possible be dangerous for the opponents. Its very tricky when you include the contact sport aspect to it (in the younger ages). IMHO.

I think NY parents need to stop griping about these Sept/Oct/Nov birthdays if the play for a younger aged team at any grade level in NY area. That will put our area kids more on par and make it a bit less dangerous for a smaller kid that can potentially be playing kids 2 yrs older. While I never really understood teams that built their team as a u-11, u-13 etc- we shoukd at least be able to align our club teams with the 9/1 cut off- as most if these states also have kids a few months earlier that just weren't ready for kindergarten and may be summer birthdays.

Teams should be built around one set model much like hockey which is far better than a mish mosh of ages all over the place. I do think we will see youth tournaments begin to put an age limit but once the kids are of recruiting age all bets will be off, which will continue to entice families to hold their kid back to play smaller kids so they can get recruited. It's happening because coaches are fueling it. I think things will change as more and more kids decommit and fail to get into their school. The next few years should be interesting to see how age guidelines and recruitment and college team success pans out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

in MD the school cutoff is 9/1 so he'd automatically be 2021 and be on the older spectrum of 2021. It is a complete exaggeration that most prep schools or clubs would encourage fall birthdays to be held back. There is one baltimore school and a club that practices there that seems to encourage repeating 8th grade - with lacrosse or other sport part of the motivation. The prep schools that also have elementary almost always make summer bdays do prefirst. This is when they are 5-6 year old has less to do with sports and more to do with fleecing parents out of an additional year of tuition. Of course some parents are happy to pay that extra coin to make the oldest rather than youngest in class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think NY parents need to stop griping about these Sept/Oct/Nov birthdays if the play for a younger aged team at any grade level in NY area. That will put our area kids more on par and make it a bit less dangerous for a smaller kid that can potentially be playing kids 2 yrs older. While I never really understood teams that built their team as a u-11, u-13 etc- we shoukd at least be able to align our club teams with the 9/1 cut off- as most if these states also have kids a few months earlier that just weren't ready for kindergarten and may be summer birthdays.

Teams should be built around one set model much like hockey which is far better than a mish mosh of ages all over the place. I do think we will see youth tournaments begin to put an age limit but once the kids are of recruiting age all bets will be off, which will continue to entice families to hold their kid back to play smaller kids so they can get recruited. It's happening because coaches are fueling it. I think things will change as more and more kids decommit and fail to get into their school. The next few years should be interesting to see how age guidelines and recruitment and college team success pans out.

Should be U based and switch to grade based for rising 9th summer. Ultimately hold backs get mixed in with non holdbacks but at least it wouldn't happen until much later on

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be U based and switch to grade based for rising 9th summer. Ultimately hold backs get mixed in with non holdbacks but at least it wouldn't happen until much later on

U based is still 2 age brackets. A new model needs to be built around single year teams for youth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams are formed for the combined Fall/Spring/Summer season (Fall 2015 Summer 2016 - is the same team). You can't change in the summer without also changing in the preceding fall. It is simply too messy for the club directors. This implies that the upcoming fall travel season is when you should see for the first time 2019s who are repeating 8th grade and are now 2020s. Since the 2015 summer season has ended even though your kid has not started 8th grade, unless he plans on reclassing you should start thinking of him on the club/recruiting circuit as a rising 9th grader right now.

The first 2020 will verbally commit well less than a year from now.

U-15 allows 2019 reclasses and 2020s to play together on the same team. Call it U-15 or call it 2020, it is the same thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a nov birthday is either considered young or old for the grade; who are you trying to kid. If you believe in a lie long enough you believe it. Just like a march kid used to be considered on the older side in Ny... that is until people stated holding their kids back because they "weren't ready" for kindergarten.

the hold back is to give their kids an advantage at life whether social academic or athletic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams are formed for the combined Fall/Spring/Summer season (Fall 2015 Summer 2016 - is the same team). You can't change in the summer without also changing in the preceding fall. It is simply too messy for the club directors. This implies that the upcoming fall travel season is when you should see for the first time 2019s who are repeating 8th grade and are now 2020s. Since the 2015 summer season has ended even though your kid has not started 8th grade, unless he plans on reclassing you should start thinking of him on the club/recruiting circuit as a rising 9th grader right now.

The first 2020 will verbally commit well less than a year from now.

U-15 allows 2019 reclasses and 2020s to play together on the same team. Call it U-15 or call it 2020, it is the same thing.

So maybe if the age guidelines were still in effect in 8th grade for the Fall and Summer, the reclass situation would not continue to grow, as the kids would have to still play within their age group the summer heading into HS. Might not be ideal for the coaches, but it levels the field a bit more and maintains safety for the younger, smaller kids playing age appropriately. Afterall, holdbacks play down for an advantage, you chip away at the advantage, and it may not continue to happen. A true talented player will stand out among his own aged peers, as well as the younger group. If they continue to want to reclass, they will get their advantage a year later and the coaches still get to see them play the younger kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the top 2020 playing this Fall??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a nov birthday is either considered young or old for the grade; who are you trying to kid. If you believe in a lie long enough you believe it. Just like a march kid used to be considered on the older side in Ny... that is until people stated holding their kids back because they "weren't ready" for kindergarten.

the hold back is to give their kids an advantage at life whether social academic or athletic.

Enough with the whining about hold backs. If the kid is truly graduating in 2020 then let them play in that year. If they are not, then that is cheating and a different story. If parents think having their kid finish middle school with a drivers license is the best way to go, more power to them. I think it is moronic as you should just let kids be kids but that's the beauty of America, people are free to do what they want even if I think it is really stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear any information about the bluefish team that is starting. Any idea who will Coach this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear any information about the bluefish team that is starting. Any idea who will Coach this age group?

Heard it might be George Powers, Turtles coach. Should be interesting. Thinking they may be getting a lot of Pequa and Wantagh kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard it might be George Powers, Turtles coach. Should be interesting. Thinking they may be getting a lot of Pequa and Wantagh kids.

If it's a great coach, that's very good for the Nassau kids. Woukd be nice to have another A team in this year from Nassau.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is mostly Pequa kids. Viper mostly Bethpage kids. Both very good Nassau teams in this age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is mostly Pequa kids. Viper mostly Bethpage kids. Both very good Nassau teams in this age group.

Viper last year was
Bethpage
Farmingdale
Port Washington
Hills
Plainedge

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs and fca most likely

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the Baltimore area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournaments did either of them win this past season (aside from the beach lax fiasco)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did the T91 MD tryouts look like today? What helmets were out there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournaments did either of them win this past season (aside from the beach lax fiasco)

Crabs had a great season. They were 27-2 and played the best possible competition. Not too shabby and will likely be even better next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs had a great season. They were 27-2 and played the best possible competition. Not too shabby and will likely be even better next year.

Unfortunately everyone knows what they are so wherever they show up people will look and wonder which kids don't really belong there - tainted.

I don't know why someone keeps bringing up FCA, they were probably the 5th best team in the area after Crabs, Looneys, Hawks, and Breakers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what did the T91 MD tryouts look like today? What helmets were out there?

At 2020, Breakers, Crabs, Koopers helmets were most common but there were a lot of kids with many different helmets represented. A lot of coaches on the field to handle the number of kids trying out and they used both the upper and lower field at St Paul's for drills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Fca 2020 has never won an A tourney.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They brag about beating Looney's while not at full strength.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair enough I guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be a totally different team in the coming years, as they will recruit nationally. This is what they do, and how they win moving into the more important years!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be a totally different team in the coming years, as they will recruit nationally. This is what they do, and how they win moving into the more important years!

What does that even mean? Families will move to Baltimore so their kids can play for FCA? You're a big FCA fan, we get it, but they haven't done much at 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that even mean? Families will move to Baltimore so their kids can play for FCA? You're a big FCA fan, we get it, but they haven't done much at 2020.

You really don't get it? Let me explain, they recruit the best kids frim all over. Ask them to play for free or very little money. The kids show up and and they win the tournament. For example, U15 US lax championship, Lake Placid championship. Sweetlax does the same, they both have many top LI kids playing for these championship winning teams. This is the reality that lies ahead. You may not have seen them win much...yet. that's because it hasn't mattered yet. Big years start now. Do you understand now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really don't get it? Let me explain, they recruit the best kids frim all over. Ask them to play for free or very little money. The kids show up and and they win the tournament. For example, U15 US lax championship, Lake Placid championship. Sweetlax does the same, they both have many top LI kids playing for these championship winning teams. This is the reality that lies ahead. You may not have seen them win much...yet. that's because it hasn't mattered yet. Big years start now. Do you understand now?

they have teams that play in vail, lake placid etc that bring kids together from all over. and then they have a club made up if kids in MD. The 2020 md team is very good and may not have won any major tournaments but they did beat Looney's for the spring championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they have teams that play in vail, lake placid etc that bring kids together from all over. and then they have a club made up if kids in MD. The 2020 md team is very good and may not have won any major tournaments but they did beat Looney's for the spring championship.

Sounds like their supremacy is preordained :-)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better and older

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the only thing they have, they beat Looney's. News flash, spring league means nothing, it is there to prepare teams for tournament play. 2020 Looneys's had a great tournament season, only losing to 91 by one goal. Looney's played some of the top competition out of LI and overall was successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So please enlighten me. When does it matter? I've been around the game a long time and don't think I have ever seen a youth lacrosse club game that mattered. Did the winners get free snowballs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the looneys face off kid is changing clubs or just rumors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca and sweetlax have national teams which is the only way they can compete against the top teams in the country. Hats off to traditional club teams that compete without forming national teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that the looneys face off kid is changing clubs or just rumors

No, just FCA parents wishful thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca and sweetlax have national teams which is the only way they can compete against the top teams in the country. Hats off to traditional club teams that compete without forming national teams.

Fca only uses the national team for a few tournaments like vail. The local teams are just like every other team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fca only uses the national team for a few tournaments like vail. The local teams are just like every other team

But worse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But worse

Ok looneys daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But worse

Ok looneys daddy

I would never let my son play for that daddy ball organization

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But worse

Ok looneys daddy

I would never let my son play for that daddy ball organization

If looneys FO guy goes to another team their 2020 will pretty much be toast

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any key player left any team, the team would have to step up. That is what a team does. Love it when you nutty people say if this guy left or that guy left a team would be different. It is funny. If a qb left an NFL team they would be different too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball will be interesting this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fall ball is never interesting, unless your talking about FootBall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bluefish a NEW team or have a few teams merged?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bluefish is a fairly new club run by professionals. They are NOT affiliated with any other club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2020 teams playing fall ball at Cantiague Park?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 year seems to be the year where kids jump clubs before recruiting starts. fca 2020 will look very different this year with their 2020s who played up last year being on the team for the full season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 year seems to be the year where kids jump clubs before recruiting starts. fca 2020 will look very different this year with their 2020s who played up last year being on the team for the full season.

I think by "2020 year" you mean 8th grade year. In that case I agree. It is no longer u13 youth lacrosse. Come November for the Fall travel season your son will be considered a "rising 9th grader". This group will include the reclass kids and much movement between club teams. Some kid will be shut out as an older more mature player takes his place. Others will decide to leave a club with a great instruction focused youth program to go to a club which will improve his change of being recognized by a college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how some clubs try to spin their holdback schemes rather than just be honest about it....Playing up...yea right, what are their birthdates? Before or after 9/1/01? I have to give credit though...that one was pretty creative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love how some clubs try to spin their holdback schemes rather than just be honest about it....Playing up...yea right, what are their birthdates? Before or after 9/1/01? I have to give credit though...that one was pretty creative.

You guys are just haters. All of them fit the requirements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes plus the team they already have which is pretty good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go look at the fca 2019 roster they show who's playing up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they playing up by birth year, or were they playing up by graduation year? I know one kid on the team who was born in the summer of 2001 and is a rising eight grader. The kid is an excellent player and should be by birth year and eight grader going ninth, but his parents left him back or he did pre first and is currently a seventh rising into eight. I assume he is one of the kids who will be joining the 2020's from the 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they playing up by birth year, or were they playing up by graduation year? I know one kid on the team who was born in the summer of 2001 and is a rising eight grader. The kid is an excellent player and should be by birth year and eight grader going ninth, but his parents left him back or he did pre first and is currently a seventh rising into eight. I assume he is one of the kids who will be joining the 2020's from the 2019's.

By graduating year I think. I believe all the kids coming are in the same boat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are all age appropriate for their respective grades and are not repeating a grade to play on the the 2020 team. Go peddle that nonsense someplace else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are all age appropriate for their respective grades and are not repeating a grade to play on the the 2020 team. Go peddle that nonsense someplace else.

The one goalie staying back is a summer 2003 birth year, that is 2019 graduation! His parents either started him a school year late or held him back a year.

FCA parents already lying, better put on your boots, the [lacrosse] is getting deep!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Summer 2001 should be rising 9th grader. They may not have held back but they started late by every state's standards so are older than the majority of 2020s. For age based their whole team would have had to play U15 this past season while most 2020s could play U13.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Summer 2001 should be rising 9th grader. They may not have held back but they started late by every state's standards so are older than the majority of 2020s. For age based their whole team would have had to play U15 this past season while most 2020s could play U13.

so you guys are whining about summer 2001 bday kids playing 2020? my kid is spring 02 2020 and not FCA. Those kids were in 7th grade this past year and played 2019. they need to play u15 or 2020 next spring - which is essentially the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

so you guys are whining about summer 2001 bday kids playing 2020? my kid is spring 02 2020 and not FCA. Those kids were in 7th grade this past year and played 2019. they need to play u15 or 2020 next spring - which is essentially the same.

No one is whining- I think the poster is stating facts- like it or not, a summer birthday doesn't meet the criteria of 9/1/01 for this kid. My kid plays up too- but that is a choice. However, should it be a choice for kids to play below the age guidelines- just because? no. Simply stated, he can play in 2020 grad year, but will not qualify for u13 now and eventually cannot play u15 games when he misses that cut off.Ther 2020 older kids will most likely get away with being a summer birthday- but in a few years I do believe there will be age requirements applied- for insurance purposes. It will eventually come around like hockey and it won't matter if you were born one day after the cut off- you play with your birth year- period. There are many big hockey clubs that are huge businesses and they survived. Lax clubs will too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

No one is whining- I think the poster is stating facts- like it or not, a summer birthday doesn't meet the criteria of 9/1/01 for this kid. My kid plays up too- but that is a choice. However, should it be a choice for kids to play below the age guidelines- just because? no. Simply stated, he can play in 2020 grad year, but will not qualify for u13 now and eventually cannot play u15 games when he misses that cut off.Ther 2020 older kids will most likely get away with being a summer birthday- but in a few years I do believe there will be age requirements applied- for insurance purposes. It will eventually come around like hockey and it won't matter if you were born one day after the cut off- you play with your birth year- period. There are many big hockey clubs that are huge businesses and they survived. Lax clubs will too.

Many may survive but will they be the same. Current Crabs without holdbacks are not the Crabs..They need that edge..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Many may survive but will they be the same. Current Crabs without holdbacks are not the Crabs..They need that edge..

Yes- that's the point- take the manipulation out of the game and the best teams will have the most skilled athletes, not the oldest and most physically mature. Agreed- Crabs is a completely different team without holdbacks. They are good, but not amazing. I am sure they will have a much older roster this year which is sad, as so many kids are being used as pawns for a business. It's a risk and more than a few may not even have it work for them to get into a better school, let alone scholarship money. Just stupid to redo a year of your life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was told at a recent NSCLA meeting that age divisions were suggested by the folks who run Denver Elite along the same way hockey is run. Everyone concurred except one organization. It makes sense to do this and I predict this will be in place by the summer season of 2016.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer 2001 not 2003

Yes- that's the point- take the manipulation out of the game and the best teams will have the most skilled athletes, not the oldest and most physically mature. Agreed- Crabs is a completely different team without holdbacks. They are good, but not amazing. I am sure they will have a much older roster this year which is sad, as so many kids are being used as pawns for a business. It's a risk and more than a few may not even have it work for them to get into a better school, let alone scholarship money. Just stupid to redo a year of your life.

Unfortunately when parents see kids double reclassing and ending up at Duke and ND, it leads to parents thinking maybe it's not so stupid. Personally I don't care if kids reclass 100 times, it just shouldn't be at the expense of other lacrosse players. High school is high school, but club should be age based at least to 16 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was told at a recent NSCLA meeting that age divisions were suggested by the folks who run Denver Elite along the same way hockey is run. Everyone concurred except one organization. It makes sense to do this and I predict this will be in place by the summer season of 2016.

Let's all hope so, it's about time. Sorry holdbacks, it's never a good idea to try to get ahead by cheating the system. Karma has a way of coming back and biting you in the a**

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's all hope so, it's about time. Sorry holdbacks, it's never a good idea to try to get ahead by cheating the system. Karma has a way of coming back and biting you in the a**

What are the early rumors about player movement amongst the top teams on the island? With tryout season starting there must be some shifting coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard crabs is bringing down 2017 kids down for the 2020 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gosh more of them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
kids will leave crush and hit some of the other top clubs, express or legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gosh more of them?

And a few dads are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Igloo...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Igloo...

and fl$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express terps are losing a few kids as well...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island express 2020 is getting hold backs this year and crush kids. What does that mean for my son who plays on the same team. It will make our team better but this team has been together for years what will that do to our chemistry. I guess we will see hope it goes well.

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully the new express kids won't cry when adversity come their way...that team collectively sheds more tears when they lost or are under duress. Soft or just too much pressure?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was never one. You do what's best for your family. Period!! If your kid wants to be with kids younger than him and think he is better than he really is God bless. Reality catches up sooner or later. I like my kid playing against older kids because when he smokes them or shuts them down its so much sweeter!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and you can pound your chest...go punch the clock...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's interesting because all the long island people do is whine about holdbacks

My 6'3" 210 lb 2018 middie is trying out for the 2020 team. He's PG'ing and red shirting. We realize he'll be a little undersized against the 2020 teams from Lax-a-cheats-it, Crabs and Dukes, but we just couldn't justify playing 2021. Those kids only come to his waist. Nothing in the rules against it, so if we say he's 2020, then he's 2020. He's only going to play in the summer. He won't play fall ball because he starts at MLB and TE on the Varsity Football team. When the summer comes we'll only let him play out of state teams. They're all fine with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express terps are losing a few kids as well...

Where are they going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 6'3" 210 lb 2018 middie is trying out for the 2020 team. He's PG'ing and red shirting. We realize he'll be a little undersized against the 2020 teams from Lax-a-cheats-it, Crabs and Dukes, but we just couldn't justify playing 2021. Those kids only come to his waist. Nothing in the rules against it, so if we say he's 2020, then he's 2020. He's only going to play in the summer. He won't play fall ball because he starts at MLB and TE on the Varsity Football team. When the summer comes we'll only let him play out of state teams. They're all fine with it.

** tumbleweeds **

Did you write material for Bob Hope? Cutting edge work, there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a little young and small for a certain Md. team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he was my son, I would put him on 2021 team even if he is a little young for Crabs 2021 team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason August tryouts are not good was experienced by many at tryouts this weekend, mid nineties and 2 hours on a lacrosse field is stupid..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason August tryouts are not good was experienced by many at tryouts this weekend, mid nineties and 2 hours on a lacrosse field is stupid..

How is that any different than what they will play in a tournament setting? Many times games are back to back, in 90 plus degree weather and they can sometimes go 3-5 games in a day if they make it to a championship. The kids are trying out for a SUMMER TOURNAMENT team.

My kids and many others have been attending camps, clinics and private sessions in this weather all summer long. Yes, it is hot, but the kids have been playing in it and doing fine. Get the try outs over and done with so parents know what team their kid is on, when and where they will practice, what Fall tournaments are on the horizon and it lets the kids concentrate on school right from the start.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Concentrate on school, yeah that's the reason for the 100 degree august tryouts. Good one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason is simple all these greedy organizations want as many kids and make as many teams as possible A B C D E. Please don't kid yourself into believing this is for real. If your kid is not on the A team don't waste your money or your time!!! It's all about the $$$$. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason is simple all these greedy organizations want as many kids and make as many teams as possible A B C D E. Please don't kid yourself into believing this is for real. If your kid is not on the A team don't waste your money or your time!!! It's all about the $$$$. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!!

Agreed- the move is to keep in line with all the clubs- trying to get the kids first. That said- no one should complain about the weather. The kids played in it all summer long. If you are ever going to do showcases and prospect days- be prepared to play in 90 plus degree weather and 30 degree weather. Coaches do not care if you think it is too hot or cold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The showing at the tryouts today was awesome and A lot of various different helmets at each tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he was my son, I would put him on 2021 team even if he is a little young for Crabs 2021 team..

And if anyone calls you on it just remember the Crabs' motto..."no rules were broken"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baseball players don't complain about the heat. this sport is way too watered down if you are complaining about heat. my god man I am 47yo and ran 6 miles yesterday, just drink enough water and take a break when you can, then jump in the pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We need to whine because it's frustrating when you have to play against older kids all the time. Team is going to pick up a few "holdbacks" this year because a number of kids are repeating 8th grade. Sad that this is what it's come to and all because of the MD private schools trying to game the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You for the sounds words of advice Crabbie Daddy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines taking up to 10 new kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Express Wolverines taking up to 10 new kids

Where are the 10 departing kids going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wolverine is team 2 for 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone give me the pecking order of the Express 2020 teams by name - I get confused . What is the A team, 2nd team, 3rd team ?...thanks,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

Also known as Teams 1, 2 and 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps
wolverines
barracudas

Also known as Teams 1, 2 and 3.

Or a,b and c

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the tryouts go for all the 2020s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
went great, thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of movement from Express terps many people not happy with the Dad coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing a lot of movement from Express terps many people not happy with the Dad coaches

Is anyone ever happy with Dad coaches? One of the worst aspects of youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not happy now because reality sets in when you see dad kids getting more playing time when they don't deserve it!!! Just because dad is the coach... It's all fun and games until it effects you...daddy coaches equals a cancer..almost as bad as keeping kids on the team just because they know people. I don't know which is worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why anybody would try out for express terps right now sounds like team is going to implode

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not happy now because reality sets in when you see dad kids getting more playing time when they don't deserve it!!! Just because dad is the coach... It's all fun and games until it effects you...daddy coaches equals a cancer..almost as bad as keeping kids on the team just because they know people. I don't know which is worse.

Hasn't it always been this way? Why would kids be driven away now?

However, I do agree, watching better players take a back seat on any team, not just Terps, is frustrating, but it does happen all over so bound to happen at other teams they go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know why anybody would try out for express terps right now sounds like team is going to implode

Team is getting better, cutting some of the dead wood and picking up some strong kids, core of team staying put from what i hear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dead wood means starting with the middie coach but we all know that is not going to happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say strong players do you mean kids that are in 8 th grade are going to do 8th grade again and play kids that are younger than them HOLDBACKS!! When you are 14 playing against 13 year olds doesn't mean you are getting better. Means you are playing down to get an advantage or your kid is dumb and needs more help in school. CALL IT HOW IS!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!!!!! I guess the terps are going to implode. Those replies are definitely coming from the inside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're a parent on Terps I'd consider you "dead wood" for making such a stupid comment. Every kid on that team can play. They may not all be among the most elite in the nation, but they can all play at a high level. Stop with the mean-spirited put downs of kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop saying the truth. We live in a society of entitlement!!! Everybody gets to play.... Wah wah!! Nobody wants to hear the truth who are you Donald trump!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome losers!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Terps lost a crazy dad. They are heading to where they started. Funny because they have bad mouthed them for the last 2 years. Let's see how long they last over there. Not sure what JS is thinking. He may want to re-think his decision! Good luck Crush Parents!

Why would JS take him back?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard Terps lost a crazy dad. They are heading to where they started. Funny because they have bad mouthed them for the last 2 years. Let's see how long they last over there. Not sure what JS is thinking. He may want to re-think his decision! Good luck Crush Parents!

Why would JS take him back?

No the Jack A.. DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts will be fun across every program as I'm sure all will undergo changes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps coaches really should be coaching B team. Because that's where there kids belong it's a joke they are playing on A team and getting more time than other kids. Only one that deserves it is the attackman. Other 2 not so fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS will make sure the kid gets a fair shot. The reason why crush outshines terps is because he is willing to put the best on the field no matter what unlike the terps!!! Can't wait until we smoke you!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JS will make sure the kid gets a fair shot. The reason why crush outshines terps is because he is willing to put the best on the field no matter what unlike the terps!!! Can't wait until we smoke you!!!!

With that said, looks like your kid may not play much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has tons of "Dad" coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Truth is with how competitive travel lacrosse has become it is virtually impossible to find a non dad coach that will put in the necessary time to be competitive. Man everyone breathe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has tons of "Dad" coaches

Including Mr. Spallina...LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the person you are talking about and making up lies . I wish nothing but great things to Express and all the players on that team . My sons experience there was a great one and i wish them all the best , Coach Keith is a great person and coach . I would recommend anyone looking for a great team to consider the 2020 terps. It is unfortunate people use this forum to vent there own issues hiding behind and anonymous forum. Good luck to all in the upcoming years ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Mule, Mr. Rooney. some teams do ok with Dad Coaches. Terps coach is a dad and also the HC of St. Anthonys HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are some of the Express kids repeating 8th grade?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is the person you are talking about and making up lies . I wish nothing but great things to Express and all the players on that team . My sons experience there was a great one and i wish them all the best , Coach Keith is a great person and coach . I would recommend anyone looking for a great team to consider the 2020 terps. It is unfortunate people use this forum to vent there own issues hiding behind and anonymous forum. Good luck to all in the upcoming years ...

Way to take the high road.. Good job!

Take note bashers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are some of the Express kids repeating 8th grade?

what positions are repeating 8th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody go to the express tryouts? How was the showing? Any holdback so as reported?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
150+ at tryouts some very good players with some standouts. really good tryout, will be hard to pick the top team and not upset a lot of people. Every kid thinking of going to Catholics was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. Thanks for the update. So you are saying if you want to go to catholic school and play you have to play for express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anybody gets upset they are not on the top team they have other options it's America. Be interesting to see if they pick the best or politics comes into play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great. Thanks for the update. So you are saying if you want to go to catholic school and play you have to play for express.

And this is News to you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are going to catholic school and are a 2020 - the team coaches at express are the Head Coach at St. Anthonys and the Defensive coordinator for chaminade.. you don't have to play express and play at catholic but not a bad place to be to get to know your coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I do not believe it. I think when you get to that level it doesn't matter where you played. The best kids are going to play. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do people think the Bluefish will fit into the 2020 equation? are there any rumors of defections from other teams? will there be any fallout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was at express tryouts, Evaluators said close to 200 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't go by number of kids go by quality of kids!!! B C D teams don't count are you upgrading or not? That's all that really matters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was at express tryouts, Evaluators said close to 200 kids.

It was a good number but much less than 200. Problem was the organization had no control. Lots of talent there, but no way evaluators could pick. Not enough reps for the kids, prior express kids just kept cutting in front of lines. Pretty poorly run, especially if you compare with 91 tryouts. Supposed to be scrimmages next week. They better have more than one field. If not, you know this was money grab and nothing else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on they are all money grabs. They know the A team before tryouts with phone calls and behind the scene politics. Their May be 1 lucky kid that catches someone's eye because of size or speed other than that everyone else is fighting for the B C D team. But we are the stupid ones that keep paying!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do people think the Bluefish will fit into the 2020 equation? are there any rumors of defections from other teams? will there be any fallout?

Powers is coaching so thr team will be extremely well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will get blown out on a regular basis unless they play in bs tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say that? Powers is a proven identifier of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say that? Powers is a proven identifier of talent.

I'm guessing that if the majority of top players are already attached to one of the bigger proven clubs, the talent showing up for a new club will not be as strong. If a club can prove themselves, you may see some stronger kids being attracted in a year or two. One way to have early success is to bring an established team over to a club to start the momentum.

I'd say this team will have some success in the future just based on thei directors, but they may have to build from the younger teams and market to the Nassau county kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thank you Nostradamus. your guess is in the record book.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a fact!!! You cannot start a legit team in 8th grade unless you are getting other teams good kids!! At this age there is only so many quality kids to go around and I'm sure the top teams already have them!!! Legacy and Express... If your kid is in 8th grade is your best choice.. Don't kid yourself on any other team!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it must be true you put so many !!!! in your post. thanks for setting us all straight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the best 24 players from the tryout played for Powers this would be a very "real" team. Not best of the best, but very respectable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok what is respectable against top 5 teams. How much are they losing by? And by respectable are you paying 2000 dols for that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is powers still dedicated, and will this be the only team he coaches. a couple of questions to ask. Cromwell over @ Igloo is one of the best coaches around, but he is spread thin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cromwell is doing two teams this year, and according to my conversation they will work it out so that he can be at all the tournaments, and practices are not a concern as they can control that schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the smartest thing I have read on here ......Good Job!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is good news. Information like that is what this site should be used more for. Cromwell is one of the better coaches out there, guessing some complaints were answered from last year. First year is never easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Problem with this, is what teams gets to go to the better tournaments? One team always suffers and it will usually be the younger one. Not a bash just a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the best 24 players from the tryout played for Powers this would be a very "real" team. Not best of the best, but very respectable.

Agreed. But they would need to lock down the talent sooner than later. Their last tryout is in mid September...most, if not all, of the talented players that showed up will most likely be snagged up by then by existing teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There seem to be several supposed national club championships in Florida over Christmas break (Dicks, Madlax etc.)

Which tournament, if any, are the better 2020 teams going to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If over Christmas, hopefully None will go. What a joke. Let families enjoy the break its out of season anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all a joke and money grabs. Save your money

Page 1 of 90 1 2 3 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard