BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 90 1 2 88 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry, but most kids are not fully grown by age 14. It is closer to age 16 or 17. There is no denying the early commits and others being highly touted, generally speaking, are the bigger, more physically mature players. You are correct that some will get even bigger and faster through HS.....but others will not. We all know kids who were considered "huge" and practically had beards in 9th grade but were then done growing. You are totally correct that these committed kids wont stop working, but I do think some will plateau. What the percentages are for each outcome nobody knows since we are in unchartered territory with kids deciding on colleges before a single day of high school.
everyone that is commenting get real. Think about your high school days and how well and how much the school prepared you to pick the right school. If you were an athlete back then you looked at schools that looked at you. How many of us athletes visited schools outside those that we had interest in athletically.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It cuts both ways! Most of the kids that have committed real early as 9th graders are exceptional players, but some have plateaued. Conversely there are kids with later growth spurts and kids from non-traditional areas that are exceptional athletes that are catching up quickly, and will surpass. There are reclassed kids committed to big time programs as 9th graders that are high IQ, highly skilled players, but are not impressive physically or athletically. Once in college you can improve skill and IQ, physical attributes and athleticism - not so much! It will be interesting to see if they can compete at the next level. They only need to hit on four kids per year! The final four kids per year are probably throw-ins with a 12 player recruiting class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am incredibly surprised by Navy's early recruiting. Having a 14 year old kid commit to attend a school to play lacrosse is one thing - having a kid commit to attend an academy, join the military and potentially fight in a war is another. It almost borders on being immoral. There is no way a kid can understand the gravity of their decision....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am incredibly surprised by Navy's early recruiting. Having a 14 year old kid commit to attend a school to play lacrosse is one thing - having a kid commit to attend an academy, join the military and potentially fight in a war is another. It almost borders on being immoral. There is no way a kid can understand the gravity of their decision....

Ditto. I don't like to jump in and judge some of these decisions. Some families genuinely feel like this is the best call. But a service Academy adds alot to the equation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It cuts both ways! Most of the kids that have committed real early as 9th graders are exceptional players, but some have plateaued. Conversely there are kids with later growth spurts and kids from non-traditional areas that are exceptional athletes that are catching up quickly, and will surpass. There are reclassed kids committed to big time programs as 9th graders that are high IQ, highly skilled players, but are not impressive physically or athletically. Once in college you can improve skill and IQ, physical attributes and athleticism - not so much! It will be interesting to see if they can compete at the next level. They only need to hit on four kids per year! The final four kids per year are probably throw-ins with a 12 player recruiting class.

Can't improve physical attributes? Have you ever heard of the weight room? My son went into College 6'0 175lbs. As a Jr he is now nearly 200lbs and has the body of a football player. BTW he was always fast, and is now faster at 200lbs. Of course he was 18 when he went to college, not 20. A man doesn't peak physically until age 25-26.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats why it's a verbal. My son has 2 solid offers on the table. One is to an Academy. The other is a very good Big 10. We will visit both and then hopefully decide, or maybe not. If it turns out to be the wrong fit, he has 4 years to change his mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, but most kids are not fully grown by age 14. It is closer to age 16 or 17. There is no denying the early commits and others being highly touted, generally speaking, are the bigger, more physically mature players. You are correct that some will get even bigger and faster through HS.....but others will not. We all know kids who were considered "huge" and practically had beards in 9th grade but were then done growing. You are totally correct that these committed kids wont stop working, but I do think some will plateau. What the percentages are for each outcome nobody knows since we are in unchartered territory with kids deciding on colleges before a single day of high school.

So then by the time the early commits are 16 or 17 they Will be even bigger stronger and faster agreed 100%. The point a poster made was essentially that only the kids who aren't committed will continue to grow and mature and get better while the early commits get left behind,which is absolutely absurd. Amazing what parents tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do coaches go after hold backs. Most stay back because they aren't good enough for their true age group. Wouldn't that be a disadvantage in college when you have to play against older players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So then by the time the early commits are 16 or 17 they Will be even bigger stronger and faster agreed 100%. The point a poster made was essentially that only the kids who aren't committed will continue to grow and mature and get better while the early commits get left behind,which is absolutely absurd. Amazing what parents tell themselves to make themselves feel better.

Some will be bigger, stronger and faster, but some won't be much different physically than they are right now. You can look at their parents, maybe older siblings, for some sense of where they'll end up size-wise, but it is still a crap shoot. The bigger D1 programs over-recruit and can afford to be wrong. That is why they are willing to take chances like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole early recruiting/verbal commitment is a bit of a sham that heavily favors the college. "Hey kid in 8th grade - your great - I want you to play for me in 4 years (if I'm still around). Hey kid - prior to signing NLI - saw your post on FB with you holding a red solo cup and I have come across a kid I like better than you - so deal is off. Don't mean to leave you flat footed - I know u spent a lot on (UNC, Hopkins, etc) gear. Best of luck to you..."

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole early recruiting/verbal commitment is a bit of a sham that heavily favors the college. "Hey kid in 8th grade - your great - I want you to play for me in 4 years (if I'm still around). Hey kid - prior to signing NLI - saw your post on FB with you holding a red solo cup and I have come across a kid I like better than you - so deal is off. Don't mean to leave you flat footed - I know u spent a lot on (UNC, Hopkins, etc) gear. Best of luck to you..."

Unless you happen to be one of the top recruits in your respective class then opportunities are numerous wether your coach leaves or stays really doesn't matter. It should go with out saying that a kid should be smart and aware and conduct themselves appropriately wether they are lacrosse players/athletes or not . I think everyone understands that from the start. If the kid and or parents do something stupid in these days of social media then that's on them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do coaches go after hold backs. Most stay back because they aren't good enough for their true age group. Wouldn't that be a disadvantage in college when you have to play against older players
I guess the theory is once they are seniors in college (2024) they should once again be the bigger stronger athlete? Seriously though ..I don't get it either....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6'3 Canadian 2020 to Hopkins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6'3 Canadian 2020 to Hopkins

Thanks for the info. I see u get the tweet from Ty and post it here. Your like Ty Jr. Good job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout thing is really getting crazy. Looks like most, if not all, clubs are holding them in August. So much for family vacation!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing new. Just tell them your away they should hold your sons spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing new. Just tell them your away they should hold your sons spot.

If your son is a top 15-20 player on the team they will. If they are player 20-23 they might not.

Page 90 of 90 1 2 88 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard