BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47
Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2019-9th Grade age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team in need of a goalie or have any availablility af that position?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What level is he? A/B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all seriousness how many 2019s will be committed by late fall? Crazy to think at least 50 I think.

Can anyone explain exactly what the "commitment" means? I know it isn't binding on either party but is there at least a verbal understating of what grades and test scores will be required of the student and what scholarship money, if any the player will receive?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Email the clubs, no need to hit a bunch of try outs if they are not looking to replace a player. Good luck to your son.

I do think tryouts are a good way to get some good work in. Always a good way to et to know the other teams coaches. I always told my son to look at them like clinics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

No snide comments needed. Thank you in advance for guidance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With many new teams popping up, does it pay to have my son play for a club as a freshman or just figure it out during the spring, registering him to play in showcases and send him to camps? He will be playing on his HS team as a freshman playing varsity.

Depends on the HS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is playing varsity for a top team then I wouldn't worry but if he plays for a small school it won't carry much weight..my guess is less then 10 kids will be playing varsity as freshman and I doubt any are at big schools

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Augment school with travel if he is a committed driven player. Rising Soph should play with their HS team whenever possible. But will giving up travel and doing school only be enough. Ask a coach from the college your interested in. If he isn't at that stage then there is your answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since there were 6 8th graders that played varsity last year I'd say there maybe upwards of 20-25 freshman playing varsity. Some may surprise you. Some may surprise you half will be on playoff teams.

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't know there we're that many . how did they did?..was there a need for them to play up?

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes for most. Good thing was they all made the most of their time. That is all you can ask.

So my guess is that they didn't start for their Varsity teams which is what I thought..just not sure if it's safe to play Varsity in 8th grade without the risk of getting hurt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So my guess is that they didn't start for their Varsity teams which is what I thought..just not sure if it's safe to play Varsity in 8th grade without the risk of getting hurt

In hind sight playing varsity was a smart move but was the best move for our son. I think there are a variety of things that you need to know before allow you son to play.

1). Do not over look the Physical nature of the game. The refs single out the player in the pregame line up at mid field. Letting the other teams know or some of the teams figure out there are younger kids. Some DB kids will go after them. That needs to be changed.

2). It is a time commitment I am sure those kids played travel and it takes its toll and is draining. 9th grade grades mean a ton.

3). for pete's sake it is draining and all but don't stop working out and running. This separates the committed.

4). Starting isn't a be all end all. Time in and quality time in does. Coming out of the box, playing LSM, getting on man up. Heck even non Quality time (especially for goalies).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the 2019 age group is the LI Sting a travel team? or a showcase team?

who are the coaches and do they practice regularly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sting has a boys team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sting has a boys team?

LI Sting has been around longer than any other LI travel team. They have a huge list of recruits. They tend to focus on Ivy, NESCAC and higher academic D1 and D3 schools. For the player that is already very good, their focus is on College recruiting and they play in many of the Best tournaments. Visit their website, all information available. If your son can play and has a burning desire to get recruited, it might be worth a look see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why haven't we seen these guys at any tournaments

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LI Outlaws Update
Due to extremely large Sign ups we have added a 2016 try Out next Tuesday(Aug 18th) at 530 at Stimson Middle School- we will be fielding 3 Teams at this age group.
Thanks, PB 631-553-0771 with any questions

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
LI Outlaws Update
Due to extremely large Sign ups we have added a 2016 try Out next Tuesday(Aug 18th) at 530 at Stimson Middle School- we will be fielding 3 Teams at this age group.

Please post this in the tryouts thread as well.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says they are all going to play for Outlaws...many boys tryout for some clubs like a cheap clinic...Please 3 teams going into Sr year...HA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the 2019 thread not 2016..

Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
LI Outlaws Update

Please post this in the tryouts thread as well.

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He means spring / summer of 2016. Are you that stupid ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry for confusion , 2019 Team has added a try out this Tuesday(Aug 18th) at Stimson Middle school(530).
THANKS PB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the 2019 age group is the LI Sting a travel team? or a showcase team?

who are the coaches and do they practice regularly?

How many show case teams are there for 2019

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why haven't we seen these guys at any tournaments

Call the director, you'll get all the info you need. Not a program that focuses on winning tee shirts. They focus on college recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well there should be spots open, last year they lost several of their best players and I am assuming the feedback will definitely start to circulate. don't just go by what the program tells you, go by the feedback and history of the teams and program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well there should be spots open, last year they lost several of their best players and I am assuming the feedback will definitely start to circulate. don't just go by what the program tells you, go by the feedback and history of the teams and program

Where does one get the feedback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
unfortunately the feedback comes from coaches who are honest and parents of past and current players.

It is easy, all you have to do is ask and most people just speak their mind and don't worry if the feedback is positive or negative

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the best route for a good player who eventually wants to pay college but maybe not acc lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 2018 holdbacks were at Express str yours last nigt in this age group. Harder and harder for on age kids to find a spot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's starting here on Long Island now? Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the tryout and if there were holdbacks there they didn't stand out. That's for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the tryout and if there were holdbacks there they didn't stand out. That's for sure.

Gotta lI've that! Ahh, the irony. You think you are helping your kid, but in fact you put more pressure on him and everyone is snickering about your cheating behind your back!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 2018 holdbacks were at Express str yours last nigt in this age group. Harder and harder for on age kids to find a spot

4 holdback shouldn't make it hard. If there were 4 spots and 8 players vying for those spots then perhaps, but with 120 players trying out 4 holdbacks is less then 4%, really not a game changer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? 120 kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching the Outlaws 2019 AA team?

What tournys will they be attending this fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4 holdback shouldn't make it hard. If there were 4 spots and 8 players vying for those spots then perhaps, but with 120 players trying out 4 holdbacks is less then 4%, really not a game changer

Let's be honest unless the express change some of the kids playing they will not get better as a team and that's ok . Just know that going in that favors take place just like any other sport. I see it in school football already this year. You have to deal with but hopefully the directors and coached see it and pick the right kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the outlaws AA. They haven't even stepped on the field yet. Looked what happened to Legacy after they called themselves a AA team. We know some of the Smithtown kids but so did Legacy and it didn't work out well for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact that the outlaws had several of their best players leave the team half way thru the summer. Granted they had a strong team with everyone there, but there was a problem that made the boys leave.

After losing those boys, they were not competitive at all. they will need to upgrade a lot of positions and still add a few strong players to get to where they were at before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not One player left in middle of summer last season. Lots of talent at try out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not One player left in middle of summer last season. Lots of talent at try out.
guess that's why they lost to a weak True Blue team then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't say you didn't have talent at the tryouts. I said you lost a few players and that information came directly from a coach of THAT team that I personally know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That weak TB team is going to be weaker quite a few of their better players are leaving. At least 6 players at the Express tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Catholic School kids..Enjoy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for a fact that the outlaws had several of their best players leave the team half way thru the summer. Granted they had a strong team with everyone there, but there was a problem that made the boys leave.

After losing those boys, they were not competitive at all. they will need to upgrade a lot of positions and still add a few strong players to get to where they were at before

What was the " problem " ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 left before season - stop the lies-

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Catholic School kids..Enjoy

Not sure where you got your info but quite a bit More than just the catholic school kids looking. Not to mention that a few of those catholic school kids were some of the better players on the team. Not sure what you were trying to get at with your response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it me but this is a new tryout season. we can say all we want who was beaten by whom last year but I believe there will be a few changes that will make last year's experience a distance memory.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Colin Harrington
My kid was at the laxachusetts open tryout and one of the club directors told the kids that they have 15 commits on their 2019 class already. This seems ridiculous to me. He also mentioned that their top team in one of the top three teams in the country. Please let me know if any of this is true. Thank you

Come on the best team in 2018 91 Extreme only has 11-12 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those kids are hold backs so it is possible.
Originally Posted by America's Game
My kid was at the laxachusetts open tryout and one of the club directors told the kids that they have 15 commits on their 2019 class already. This seems ridiculous to me. He also mentioned that their top team in one of the top three teams in the country. Please let me know if any of this is true. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Colin Harrington]My kid was at the laxachusetts open tryout and one of the club directors told the kids that they have 15 commits on their 2019 class already. This seems ridiculous to me. He also mentioned that their top team in one of the top three teams in the country. Please let me know if any of this is true. Thank you

That's ridiculous. Crabs 2019 only has 1 commit on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could be because most of those kids should be graduating in 2018 and 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice turnout at bluefish tryouts today, I estimate 100-110 2019's ...as Teirney said " every helmet on the island" , lots of express and igloo, some true blue and 91... nice tryout, my son said he got some good instruction, we'll see...need a few details as to who will be coaching what...what tourneys they plan for...mostly about showcases at this point anyway, but instruction appears it will be strong...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of that is true - they will have early commits, yes but not anywhere close to that number, nor the number of early commits the true top programs will have.

They are good - great FO kid, who I heard is moving to the island - but nowhere near top 3. Seen them get smoked by 91 and Madlax and lost more than they won vs top 2019 teams.
Number of holdbacks will rival Maryland teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of that is true - they will have early commits, yes but not anywhere close to that number, nor the number of early commits the true top programs will have.

They are good - great FO kid, who I heard is moving to the island - but nowhere near top 3. Seen them get smoked by 91 and Madlax and lost more than they won vs top 2019 teams.

Lots of hype for this team, but did they make any of the tournament finals this summer? I think they lost 3 games at Big4 HHH tournament. Lost at Platinum Cup as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of hype for this team, but did they make any of the tournament finals this summer? I think they lost 3 games at Big4 HHH tournament. Lost at Platinum Cup as well.

Why such posturing against Laxachusetts? Okay someone said they had a few commits. Someone questioned it. Not sure if that someone knows 2019 well. It is a good team I am quite sure they have boys in talks with schools as many of the other top 10 in the country have.

Who cares if, where, they won; were they competitive at the tournaments with the toughest competition. That is what matters from now on. It is not a race to get committed people although it may feel like a game at times.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Why such posturing against Laxachusetts? Okay someone said they had a few commits. Someone questioned it. Not sure if that someone knows 2019 well. It is a good team I am quite sure they have boys in talks with schools as many of the other top 10 in the country have.

Who cares if, where, they won; were they competitive at the tournaments with the toughest competition. That is what matters from now on. It is not a race to get committed people although it may feel like a game at times.

Don't get where your coming from. It was said and I quote a "club directors told the kids that they have 15 commits on their 2019". I pointed out that as of today the team that has historically been the top team in the 2018 age group only has 12 commits. This is a team that already played its 9th grade to 10th grade summer season and many coming after they played a full season of High School ball.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question, and not from a jealous parent, just a spectator on this board. I have a 2020 kid. At what point are these coaches going to be shown the door for these extremes of public commits of kids who have not started high school? The initial big three for ER were Hopkins, UVA and UNC in no particular order to me. All of those are pretty strident academic schools that are hard for common applicants to get in. At what point do admissions administrators say bugger off to the coaches out of not much more than principal (or worse spite)? I'd also be concerned that an Ivy program doing this before any grades are in the transcript for 9th graders. Seems like a wild projection, and admissions at those schools may feel they need to curb it by sending a message. Getting a lacrosse offer is great, but getting screwed by admissions would be a debacle for all ears down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what others do. You can only control what you can. Put your son in the best position possible if Lax is what he wants. Then make sure the academics is taken care of so admissions isn't an issue (while at the same time being realistic about their future).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you got to say that. How long till you post your own response to your own comment? Sounds like something 91 would do.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you got to say that. How long till you post your own response to your own comment? Sounds like something 91 would do.....

huh?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Serious question, and not from a jealous parent, just a spectator on this board. I have a 2020 kid. At what point are these coaches going to be shown the door for these extremes of public commits of kids who have not started high school? The initial big three for ER were Hopkins, UVA and UNC in no particular order to me. All of those are pretty strident academic schools that are hard for common applicants to get in. At what point do admissions administrators say bugger off to the coaches out of not much more than principal (or worse spite)? I'd also be concerned that an Ivy program doing this before any grades are in the transcript for 9th graders. Seems like a wild projection, and admissions at those schools may feel they need to curb it by sending a message. Getting a lacrosse offer is great, but getting screwed by admissions would be a debacle for all ears down the road.

You do understand that all an early commit is a handshake. If the student doesn't maintain their half of the bargain no admission to said school. The other thing is many schools look at a students history in school, parents, upbringing and they can somehow determine a kids academic future based on these factors. Historically they are pretty good at it. Ivys use academic index to determine a players future grades. I think with the younger commits you will see more decomitts and or revocation of offers. This is actually occurring often this year's with many 2016 graduating class early commits changing which school they will attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain how can all of these current college coaches can be involved with these programs if they aren't supposed to be speaking with players younger than Junior year? Is it because the players are initiating contact by joining the team? Seems that there's an ethical issue to me. Hopefully can clear things up so I understand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do understand that all an early commit is a handshake. If the student doesn't maintain their half of the bargain no admission to said school. The other thing is many schools look at a students history in school, parents, upbringing and they can somehow determine a kids academic future based on these factors. Historically they are pretty good at it. Ivys use academic index to determine a players future grades. I think with the younger commits you will see more decomitts and or revocation of offers. This is actually occurring often this year's with many 2016 graduating class early commits changing which school they will attend.

Yes, that is true I know two kids that had to change from Duke and Yale because of grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain how can all of these current college coaches can be involved with these programs if they aren't supposed to be speaking with players younger than Junior year? Is it because the players are initiating contact by joining the team? Seems that there's an ethical issue to me. Hopefully can clear things up so I understand.

College coaches can reach out to club coached/directors and ask the player/family to contact them. There is no limit on how many times a player can contact a coach, it just can't be the other way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think lacrosse club owners and college lacrosse coaches have the brains to extrapolate and impute how a kid's academic credentials are going to go before he starts high school, you're drinking some Kool Aid they mixed, spiked and served to you. The prior poster is correct. These are informal and certainly not binding future commitments. The admissions offices won't have a cry over passing on a recruited athlete who they decline. This used to happen very infrequently when kids were recruited as juniors or seniors only 5 years ago. Now we are seeing it happen a lot. Princeton lost 3 commits, Penn 2 and Yale at least 1 this year to admissions declinations. And there may be more than are widely repeated when kids quietly "de commit" and commit elsewhere...in reality that beards what is really happening, which is admissions says no go. Still go for it to get a coach to support your son or to get a scholarship indication, but at the selective schools it gets complicated when the kid does not have the grades and scores later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think lacrosse club owners and college lacrosse coaches have the brains to extrapolate and impute how a kid's academic credentials are going to go before he starts high school, you're drinking some Kool Aid they mixed, spiked and served to you. The prior poster is correct. These are informal and certainly not binding future commitments. The admissions offices won't have a cry over passing on a recruited athlete who they decline. This used to happen very infrequently when kids were recruited as juniors or seniors only 5 years ago. Now we are seeing it happen a lot. Princeton lost 3 commits, Penn 2 and Yale at least 1 this year to admissions declinations. And there may be more than are widely repeated when kids quietly "de commit" and commit elsewhere...in reality that beards what is really happening, which is admissions says no go. Still go for it to get a coach to support your son or to get a scholarship indication, but at the selective schools it gets complicated when the kid does not have the grades and scores later.

Couldn't agree more! Those that can and do maintain top grades will have the most choices if they are good lax players. Academics should always be the priority and will bring you the most money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you need to become more aware of the recruiting process. Especially the real early ones. How in the world do you think these coaches offer scholarship money to 9th and 10th graders especially the top schools. They look at previous transcripts, speak to guidance counselors, have underclassmen take PSATS and a whole other slew of indicators to determine a students future potential. It's fact and going on as I write this.The issue is that these kids are so young there is a greater margin for error. At least in 11th grade you have 2 years under your belt of high school. We are seeing the decomitts foe all different reasons. It is happening very frequently this year especially.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches can reach out to club coached/directors and ask the player/family to contact them. There is no limit on how many times a player can contact a coach, it just can't be the other way around.
I get that but does that mean the club coach can't speak with a player on their team?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Here is how it works. A college coach sees you play and likes what he sees. He contacts your travel or high school coach and tells them for you to call them at a paticular time. You call they answers no violation.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What he's asking is what if your travel coach is the college coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a well written and accurate response - the other side of this early recruiting to watch is roster size - some of the teams that fill early, are running very bloated roster sizes. Makes sense as the "miss factor" with 14 year old freshmen will be much higher either for lax or grades. Same scholarship numbers anyway. Kids being told how special they are waking up one day to realize their coach took 7 midfielder in their class!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number decommits in the 2016 class is not very large at all. There Approximately 575 2016 D1 commits so far. There have been only about 25 or 26 decommits so far in that year. So the overall percentage of decommitting in the 2016 class so far it's only 4-5% at this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct it is just a handshake with the coach and if the coach leaves so do does the offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct it is just a handshake with the coach and if the coach leaves so do does the offer.

The number decommits in the 2016 class is not very large at all. There Approximately 575 2016 D1 commits so far. There have been only about 25 or 26 decommits so far in that year. So the overall percentage of decommitting in the 2016 class so far it's only 4-5% at this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok- I'll give you that 4-5% is not that large, but these kids still have not applied! They still have a shot at the SAT and ACT. I think you will see many more kids scrambling in the Spring. It's sad to me, as some kids just don't have the ability to be high honor students or make a 1200 on their SATs. Parents have to be realistic too. A 90 student in middle school is not necessarily a 90 student in HS. There's a big difference between. 7th gr math and Trig. There's a lot more pressure to socialize, play various sports, regents, SATs etc. if your kid is a great athlete but an average student, it might not be a great idea to commit early to a school that is not in his academic league. Even if they get in , they have to stay in. Remember, not all schools cater to athletes and D1 and many top D3 are full time jobs on top of the academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While that is small, it's the rate of increase from just a couple of years ago that's eye opening. It is most likely 300%. My projection is that number rises to better than 50 kids in the next two years, and possibly higher. The poaching is going to start to really take off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will the True Blue 2019 coaches be this year?
Team had injuries and players left last year.
More Turnover expected for the team?

Notable players at Express and Bluefish tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I saw there were notable players from several organizations...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who will the True Blue 2019 coaches be this year?
Team had injuries and players left last year.
More Turnover expected for the team?

Notable players at Express and Bluefish tryouts.

Preview
From what I have heard A bunch of the kids from last year have accepted spots on other teams. Take that for what it is worth, as I am passing along what I heard from parents at other tryouts so second hand info. I will tell you that there were quite a few TB helmets at the bluefish tryouts last weekend.

Their tryouts are this weekend if you have an interest go to the tryout and see what the talent level is like. I believe the TB head coach is the same as last year but they have not made any coaching announcements at this point. I know some people with kids in the organization and they have nothing but good things to say. Affordable club with a couple age groups with very competitive teams. All depends on what your looking for for your son. At this age it is all about getting into the right tournaments. They did not play in very competitive tournaments last year. I would ask what their plans are for that. Very inconsistent team at this age last year for what I was told

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have friends who's sons were on the 2019 TB team and was told they really liked the Orginization, CR is a stand-up guy very accesable and will absolutly return your calls,e-mails, text.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes cr is a nice person. But he knew this was a great group of kids and didn't worry one bit about whether things were going well. Started out with two hired lacrosse coaches ended up with two dads. Yes these dads played lax in their past but this team deserved attention from the club the last two years as their former hired coach left the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes cr is a nice person. But he knew this was a great group of kids and didn't worry one bit about whether things were going well. Started out with two hired lacrosse coaches ended up with two dads. Yes these dads played lax in their past but this team deserved attention from the club the last two years as their former hired coach left the team.

and this is one of the big reasons that a good portion of the team accepted invites to other clubs and not coming back. really is a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be some changes at the 2019 team from what I have been told. I was there last year. My son did improve and had a good experience. I called and was told there would be changes possibly. We know JC is moving off the 2017 team as they are all set. He is doing 2019 team with BV and the 2023 team is what Im being told. I hope that helps some of those parents that felt it was not good..Fact of the matter is, every team, in every place, there are parents that are not happy. If you feel its not a good fit, move on..there are 25 more teams to try out for. One thing they did do well for me was get me into the right camp for my son...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be some changes at the 2019 team from what I have been told. I was there last year. My son did improve and had a good experience. I called and was told there would be changes possibly. We know JC is moving off the 2017 team as they are all set. He is doing 2019 team with BV and the 2023 team is what Im being told. I hope that helps some of those parents that felt it was not good..Fact of the matter is, every team, in every place, there are parents that are not happy. If you feel its not a good fit, move on..there are 25 more teams to try out for. One thing they did do well for me was get me into the right camp for my son...

What about BC will he still go with the 2019 group?

Also, it seem s like CR only tries to put out fires - not prevent them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the LI Express 2019 looking this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the LI Express 2019 looking this year?

Express 2019 Teams should be good. Picked up some real players.
Bluefish had good talent show up. They could put together a real team.
Legacy should be ok. They will loose some players.
Igloo could be a question this year.
True blue team shake up.
Outlaws will be ok. They have some decent coaches and good players.
Revolution will pick up a few and loose a few good players.
All greys who knows.
Sharks will have a team in 2019 for the first time.
LIT who knows
Sting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT has closed its doors. All Greys will return most of their starters and will be a very good team again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT has closed its doors. All Greys will return most of their starters and will be a very good team again.

Sorry, what team is LIT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know Team Revolution will lose a few of their real good players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly is the rules for college coaches being a part of a travel program.
I know they aren't allowed to speak to the boys unless the boys approach them. is this a way for the college coaches to circumvent the recruiting process or is it a violation for them to speak directly with their players.

I have to think it is a conflict of interest, but I don't see it being a positive thing otherwise other programs would have been adding college coaches in stead of all the high school coaches who are coaching or sitting on the boards of teams.

Also how are the bluefish going to get into recruiting tournaments when they don't have a track record. just because the program has well known names doesn't mean the showcases will just put a brand new team in the top showcases. there are a lot of programs that have deserved spots in the showcases and it would not speak well of the showcase directors to take on BRAND new teams that haven't played one game together.

anyone with info on college coaches and their limitations with travel programs will be much appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly is the rules for college coaches being a part of a travel program.
I know they aren't allowed to speak to the boys unless the boys approach them. is this a way for the college coaches to circumvent the recruiting process or is it a violation for them to speak directly with their players.

I have to think it is a conflict of interest, but I don't see it being a positive thing otherwise other programs would have been adding college coaches in stead of all the high school coaches who are coaching or sitting on the boards of teams.

Also how are the bluefish going to get into recruiting tournaments when they don't have a track record. just because the program has well known names doesn't mean the showcases will just put a brand new team in the top showcases. there are a lot of programs that have deserved spots in the showcases and it would not speak well of the showcase directors to take on BRAND new teams that haven't played one game together.

anyone with info on college coaches and their limitations with travel programs will be much appreciated

Although I don't know NCAA rules you make a good point I don't see many college coaches working for the majority of the big programs. My concern is Who is going to coach our kids. I am sure that the big names won't have the time if they are going to do the right thing by their college programs and I am sure the institutions they work at will expect nothing less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a big name college coach who was supposed to coach a team and he pulled out and wasn't able to commit due to his busy schedule of running a college program.

I think it is all smoke and mirrors. if they use a big name, then everyone thinks they will be a key part of the program but truth is that they don't have the time to get very hands on with the program. Our guy didn't show up to one tournament due to coaching and recruiting responsibilities.

I believe that is why they take on the title of director and they have others in the program really running things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, what team is LIT?

They probably meant TLI (Team Long Island) which by the way, I heard isn't true. The team is pretty much intact

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Sorry, what team is LIT?

They probably meant TLI (Team Long Island) which by the way, I heard isn't true. The team is pretty much intact

TLI is just fine.. Don't listen to the anonymous trolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, what team is LIT?

LIT I believe is the LIT blue sharks a team that started a few years ago with a team for 2019. I believe the poster is correct in that they are not fielding teams this year. I heard they folded into the outlaws..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, what team is LIT?

I believe LIT was out of Northport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the Bluefish; My question is how actively will they be marketing players to Universities other than Hofstra?? "Hey Umass, we've got a GREAT attaackman for you..."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the conflict of interest there I question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think maybe why they started this. Not winning in Hempstead. Staff proably feeling some heat..Camps and Tournament attendance has dropped. They need income folks..so don't worry about those recos just yet. We don't know how long they will be around .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they lost three kids off the top of my head. People have seen a bunch of them at other tryouts. Could be a big turnover for the organization. Doesn't look good. It may get contagious. More may leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw about five kids from revo or at least my son did. Not sure why they left. My boy said they are good impact player's. I've seen a couple of them play throughout the years. Know a few by face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Hofstra associated with bluefish mentioned in post above?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT Blue Sharks did fold. The 2019 coaches (1 a former Hofstra player) joined with Seth Tierney and the Bluefish. The team owner joined with the Outlaws and is hoping to bring players over. Lots of former Blue Sharks at the Fish tryout so time will tell where the boys all end up. Good turn out at the Bluefish tryout last Sat. Over 80 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT Blue Sharks did fold. The 2019 coaches (1 a former Hofstra player) joined with Seth Tierney and the Bluefish. The team owner joined with the Outlaws and is hoping to bring players over. Lots of former Blue Sharks at the Fish tryout so time will tell where the boys all end up. Good turn out at the Bluefish tryout last Sat. Over 80 2019's.

People think the Tierney is going to be coaching their son and playing on that team will give them a better chance of making Hofstra. not the case at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a big name college coach who was supposed to coach a team and he pulled out and wasn't able to commit due to his busy schedule of running a college program.

I think it is all smoke and mirrors. if they use a big name, then everyone thinks they will be a key part of the program but truth is that they don't have the time to get very hands on with the program. Our guy didn't show up to one tournament due to coaching and recruiting responsibilities.

I believe that is why they take on the title of director and they have others in the program really running things.

Guess if a program is willing to offer enough money even reputable coaches will take it. Guess that's why when all is said and done that program will end up costing WELL IN EXCESS of $2,000....and that's before all the travel and other expenses. Since they don't know which showcases they are doing yet will there be any a la carte tournament fees like some of the other programs have? $1,750 for 4 or 5 tournaments, (probably including a few Blue and Gold events)and 10-12 practices doesn't sound like a bargain, and you have to pay extra for fall and winter......really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the deal with team revolution

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A rose smells just as sweet if called another name. Bring it boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I to can say things that don't really make sense-haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when clubs " market" players. They get contacted and then they either confirm or deny player info, talent... Never had someone "shop" my older son and he played for s top level program, if you good enough to "market", they'll find you, travel team or not...don't believe the hype from teams that tell you different...playing in good tourneys is important more or less...showcases and your HS coach still the gold standard...but times have changed. Bluefish seems like it maybe interesting, True Blues affiliation with Adelphi's coach is longstanding, so nothing new here expect a team that may have legs from day one because of the names associated with it, we're going to give it a look Saturday for my 2020...need to know where they practice and who is really doing the day to day coaching or we'll skip it though, had enough of the bait and switch with practice facilities and coaches with other teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Bluefish knocking is starting and they haven't even held a practice...that smells of disinformation from another organization...give it a chance... There is plenty of money at the table for all to fill their pockets...so won't be playing in top tourneys this year, do what...they promise solid training and less bill rap, back to basics to make your kid a better player with names that are known for it... We'll see but give it a year or two before you burn it down...South Nassau needed a top level team, now they may have one...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top level team, u just said it will take them a year or so to get going. How can u say top notch. Never fielded a team or played games. Good for younger kids not older boys in recruiting years

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Top level team, u just said it will take them a year or so to get going. How can u say top notch. Never fielded a team or played games. Good for younger kids not older boys in recruiting years

You may have to eat those words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may have to eat those words.
Maybe, but won't have to eat his words for at least a year.That poster does have a point regarding the older boys, they have no track record, and if you want to say they brought over the Blue Sharks to be their core they were a B level team at best. They have no track record of value to put on their showcase applications. Hopefully they turn out to be a good program but only time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to registration page but couldn't get to any page to see their program info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to registration page but couldn't get to any page to see their program info.
Team Revolution should be in good shape for upcoming year. They've done well over the past two years and should qualify for some good showcases. My kid played with them last year and had a good experience and the price was reasonable.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our 2019 Try Out has 110 Kids registered as of 530am sat. Online Registration will close at 7pm tonight. Walk ups are welcome. We will be fielding 3 Teams at this age
Thanks PB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the Express Teams in the 2019 age bracket, who coaches the AA the A and B teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the Express Teams in the 2019 age bracket, who coaches the AA the A and B teams?

Why does the guy from Kellenberg even coach the top team? He loses his best players to St A's and Cham every yr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what team r u referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our 2019 Try Out has 110 Kids registered as of 530am sat. Online Registration will close at 7pm tonight. Walk ups are welcome. We will be fielding 3 Teams at this age
Thanks PB

110 is a big number, the $ should be rolling in, but that number doesn't mean success. Last year Legacy had great numbers and talent at their tryout a but did not perform up to expectations. This team doesn't have a core to build with like 91, Express Outlaws or the other supposedly better programs did when they started. Hopefully all the big names will be around enough and the team is successful enough to warrant the high price to what you get, (or think you're gonna get) ratio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Con't......,,,It's too bad that lacrosse has gotten to this point....,very expensive, being told that to get recruited you need to have those certain contacts when it really comes down to your players ability. Heck, we even pay for try outs when it is the teams that should be courting the players, my son didn't pay to try out for his soccer team. If this keeps up Lacrosse will become too expensive for the regular family to participate. Can you say oligopoly?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Con't......,,,It's too bad that lacrosse has gotten to this point....,very expensive, being told that to get recruited you need to have those certain contacts when it really comes down to your players ability. Heck, we even pay for try outs when it is the teams that should be courting the players, my son didn't pay to try out for his soccer team. If this keeps up Lacrosse will become too expensive for the regular family to participate. Can you say oligopoly?

The difference that I see in tryouts for soccer and lacrosse, is that soccer first and foremost, is run by the mom and pop volunteer clubs and it is informal and come to a practice and tryout. For lacrosse, the clubs do what amounts to clinics to see the kids and there are usually 3, 4 or 5 dates. If they didn't charge people would use them as clinics and go for the training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish having 3 teams at 2019 is a blatant money grab, better let people know what they will be getting for all that money...and still haven't heard a word about who will be coaching top team...you want top players to take a chance, better let them know who they will be taking it with

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Bluefish having 3 teams at 2019 is a blatant money grab, better let people know what they will be getting for all that money...and still haven't heard a word about who will be coaching top team...you want top players to take a chance, better let them know who they will be taking it with

Hey, genius.. Have you thought of asking Bluefish? Duhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope all these team evaluators realize most of these boys are coming off a week and a morning of freshman football tryouts...dead legs will abound...last week was probably the freshest they'll see them, because next weekend will be worse...keep it in mind guys, should have done your 40 yard times last week...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hope all these team evaluators realize most of these boys are coming off a week and a morning of freshman football tryouts...dead legs will abound...last week was probably the freshest they'll see them, because next weekend will be worse...keep it in mind guys, should have done your 40 yard times last week...

Love it...so most lacrosse players only play catholic league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays football in pequa, football has been going on for 3 weeks now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
...and not every kid that plays lax is a football player either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No a lot of kids are dropping football now chasing the lax dream. Pathetic!! Play more then 1 sport guys u will all burn out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The shame of what I know is Many of the top players arent playing football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference that I see in tryouts for soccer and lacrosse, is that soccer first and foremost, is run by the mom and pop volunteer clubs and it is informal and come to a practice and tryout. For lacrosse, the clubs do what amounts to clinics to see the kids and there are usually 3, 4 or 5 dates. If they didn't charge people would use them as clinics and go for the training.

You are wrong about soccer there are quite a few serious clubs, lax is simply out of control.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You are wrong about soccer there are quite a few serious clubs, lax is simply out of control.

I am not wrong.. there are only a handful (one hand) of "serious" clubs in soccer and they are the for profits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top athletes should play multiple sports, it's what made them top athletes in the first place…but it's all the coaches who say they want a well rounded athlete but not at the expense of HIS particular sport…to many off season commitments…travel lax now playing full load of fall tourneys, so football kids are made to choose…guess, what... when they come back in the spring, they are still the top athletes…give these kids room to breathe…my kid couldn't wait for football to start, but lax tryouts right in the middle of football tryouts has him doing two a days (yeah, I know all about the publics being back awhile already, keep your pants on), lets take a step back and think this stuff over, either have them after the season in August or after tryouts, you'll get a better look…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's nothing wrong with for profits, second soccer is much bigger. Most towns are fielding several teams at the mid to lower age groups which enrollment wise rival the numbers of some of the big Lacrosse clubs. Also, many of these guys have been doing this over a period of decades....how many lacrosse clubs can say that?

I am not wrong.. there are only a handful (one hand) of "serious" clubs in soccer and they are the for profits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told there were less then 20 players at the True Blue tryout, anyone know if this is true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think more kids looking at the bluefish and team revolution at this point. Went on team revolution website and they are saying they are going to some fall showcases. And for summer it says at least 3 showcase tournaments. Not bad. I know they had a pretty solid team last year. And heard Malave is head coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does the guy from Kellenberg even coach the top team? He loses his best players to St A's and Cham every yr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He needs to coach the top team in something . Can't do it at Kellenberg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told there were less then 20 players at the True Blue tryout, anyone know if this is true?

Low turnout Surprising? no.

Saw notable TB players at Express and Bluefish.
Also expect to see several at Revolution tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sold on the website. Be careful they lost some really good players from last year. I heard they were key players. Revo may not be the same. They don't appear that strong of a team to compete at showcases especially if they lost five or six of their core players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

Going the same direction as the Jesters?
Remember them?
And what they did to the kids on last years team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 20 at TB but not many. Decent talent, Coach will be Catalonotti from Adelphi.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sold on the website. Be careful they lost some really good players from last year. I heard they were key players. Revo may not be the same. They don't appear that strong of a team to compete at showcases especially if they lost five or six of their core players.

What team? Revo or another team, heard some others may not have teams or competitive teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kellenberg will surprise this year...need a few years to attract the talent, freshman class has notable players from all top teams...give them time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Revo did not lose 5 or 6 top players. Maybe 1 might leave. The other 2 kicked off team because of attitude problems. So good luck to a team that took them. They are not worth the headache.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Revolution already has a couple of showcase invites.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Revolution already has a couple of showcase invites.

Which showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 20 at TB but not many. Decent talent, Coach will be Catalonotti from Adelphi.

Cat in.... Are B V and B C still coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a TLI tryout

Going the same direction as the Jesters?
Remember them?
And what they did to the kids on last years team?

Amazing changes in lax for this age group over the past 3 or 4 years

TB split from Jesters
Revolution split from TB
Inception and demise of LIT Blue Sharks
Demise of Jesters
Inception of BlueFish
LI sharks will form team
legacy, outlaws and 91 seem rather stable
fl$ fight with Chaminade - new Manhasset tryout connection
Weak turnouts at TLI tryouts and TB tryouts
Weak turnout at Igloo and demise of team in this age
Large tryout populations at express, bluefish and revolution

That said, with the scattering of good players from fl$, Igloo, True Blue, and LIT BlueSharks, we can expect many changes in some A and AA level teams at Express, Revolution, Legacy, and Outlaws. Don't expect too many defections from 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you get your info, what key players left? That group plays as a team and always has, never relying on individuals. Last year any time they were without any "key" players they did fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with revo so if your kid is trying out and want some info I will be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have honestly. Two sides to every story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know those initials sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bluefish had great talent and a ton of kids. 3 teams for 2019. TB had decent talent, little over 22 kids. Revolution had about 90 kids. Talent was there but dropped off dramatically. Saw multiple dropped balls and kids without a left hand. Also hearing 3 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny when one of the kids scored seven goals at a tournament nothing was said. Just goes to show people what some people on the team say about you when your not there. These are the same people that are your teammates. Watch your back cause it could be your kid that they want to blackball next. The two of the kids from revolution were the ones who, with others made the team what they are. They went to e new organization to help put it on the map and that's what you get. Beware.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to hear most kids going back to Revo. I know the there are three that are not going to be there. If they were to loose five or six players ,[lacrosse] if any team was to lose five or six players it's tough to replace top talent. That's what I think the guy or gal was referring to with the revolution comment. At least that's what it sounds like to me. When you start bashing kids that tells me your a coward. That's real nice. Your an a**. Just call me if you have something to say so we can talk like gentlemen and not hide behind the web. Feel free anytime. Your a peice of sh** carma is a [lacrosse]. You'll get yours. These are so call friends you.know for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to hear most kids going back to Revo. I know the there are three that are not going to be there. If they were to loose five or six players ,[lacrosse] if any team was to lose five or six players it's tough to replace top talent. That's what I think the guy or gal was referring to with the revolution comment. At least that's what it sounds like to me. When you start bashing kids that tells me your a coward. That's real nice. Your an a**. Just call me if you have something to say so we can talk like gentlemen and not hide behind the web. Feel free anytime. Your a peice of sh** carma is a [lacrosse]. You'll get yours. These are so call friends you.know for years.

The truth is kids come and go from every organization. It happens every year. Some kids need a fresh start to try and get back the love for the game. kids don't mesh sometimes or grow apart so then it's time to move on. There should be no hard feelings either way . Consider it a lesson learned on both end. Just not sure what players Revo lost from last years team that people are talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...a little early to be getting into it boys, wait till afternoon and I'll hold your coats...sounds like Revo had it's troubles, probably why I saw so many at Bluefish...every organization has it's issues, TB seems like it's in it's death throws, fl$ on weaker ground ( their own doing I hear ), Igloo and Tomahawks are weaker still... the common denominator here? Everyone wants to stack the deck in their kids favor, musical chairs with teams in order to find the perfect spot...the kids suffer the consequences...to much instability at this age level other than Express and 91, and unless your kid is an ace, they risk getting buried their...save your money and try the showcases this year then let the freshman coach tell you where to play next summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on Bluefish? Seems a little high $1750 for 10-12 practices? Can’t beat what Revolution offers throughout the year? Think people would change over? Not sure which team my son would make….just looking and trying to make right decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True every team has issues that's for sure but to bash kids is not the way to go. I couldn't care less what kid and from what team. Whatever happened in the past is over with. Kids move on to different teams as we all know. The problem I have is stop talking about the kids. Never heard anything bad about kids from the organization. But there is always some moron that has to go there without the facts. There is two sides to every story that's true. It's a situation that the coaches need to handle as well as the parents. Why bad mouth the kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole Chaminade/Garden City war that fl$ has initiated is only going to help Express. Why do you think there were so many kids at their tryouts. Anyone attending or thinking of attending Chaminade has to be wary of fl$. I guess they are content to make it a de facto Manhasset HS organization,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, talk about programs not kids. every team will have turnover and have kids that don't gel anymore. that is why people leave to go to other teams and I wish all the players good luck.

lets just try and remember that they are still kids(14 years old) and it should still be about the kids developing and having fun.

Good Luck to all teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1750 sounds a little high but at least the tourney fees are part of the price, correct? equipment package looked good too...helmet AND gloves, or helmet AND equipment package ( they hadn't decided ). Some teams don't include tourneys fees and charge more...Gloves are usually extra..there will be some extra costs once your roped in, off season training at the bubble and such...I'll consider it seriously...the kicker will be the training, and location...these guys had an army of young coaches at the tryouts, younger coaches relate better, older coaches know more, could be a nice mix, practices at Hofstra, this would be pretty nice...only one way to find out...saw ALOT of talent at the tryout, so maybe some decent level of play by next summer, some decent team showcases...that's what I would wanna hear about, but looks good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on really. Trying to make revo sound like its so great for the money. What if your kid doesn't make either? Oh wait your kid is already on revo. Nice try but people aren't stupid. You have to look at the whole picture. Who runs the organization? Are parents involved? Are the coaches adults or are they kids in college? Where do they practice? If your kids a goalie, do they have training? Middies and attack always have training. Who is the guy coaching defence? Your paying the money so you should ask them these questions. If you need some questions answered about revo I will be more then happy tp help you out. All I could do is be honest with you because others are going to give you a line of crap and tell you what you want to hear. I'll try to help out as best as I can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on really. Trying to make revo sound like its so great for the money. What if your kid doesn't make either? Oh wait your kid is already on revo. Nice try but people aren't stupid. You have to look at the whole picture. Who runs the organization? Are parents involved? Are the coaches adults or are they kids in college? Where do they practice? If your kids a goalie, do they have training? Middies and attack always have training. Who is the guy coaching defence? Your paying the money so you should ask them these questions. If you need some questions answered about revo I will be more then happy tp help you out. All I could do is be honest with you because others are going to give you a line of crap and tell you what you want to hear. I'll try to help out as best as I can.

Thank you great OZ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1750 sounds a little high but at least the tourney fees are part of the price, correct? equipment package looked good too...helmet AND gloves, or helmet AND equipment package ( they hadn't decided ). Some teams don't include tourneys fees and charge more...Gloves are usually extra..there will be some extra costs once your roped in, off season training at the bubble and such...I'll consider it seriously...the kicker will be the training, and location...these guys had an army of young coaches at the tryouts, younger coaches relate better, older coaches know more, could be a nice mix, practices at Hofstra, this would be pretty nice...only one way to find out...saw ALOT of talent at the tryout, so maybe some decent level of play by next summer, some decent team showcases...that's what I would wanna hear about, but looks good

It all sounds great....biggest question is the extent to which these college players and coaches will be actively engaged in the Spring as well as the Summer. Their season starts in Winter and runs into Spring. In the Summer doesn't Tierney have to be out on the recruiting trail himself attending showcases, etc.? It will be interesting to see if they can juggle it all and make the thing successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah, that Manhasset thing was pretty obvious from the 2020 tryouts, fl$ not worth the money they charge anyway, even by GC standards, mostly play in obscure tourneys they have their name on and that they have a hand in the till...let's see how fair getting into bed with the 'Set' gets you...wood stick awaits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Developing and having fun at 14. Not anymore guy. It's unfortunate but now it's about showcases and getting on a team that has connections. Also a very good team where if you go to a showcase you don't get embarrassed. I wish it was fun for my son but it's about college now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really guy. So tell us is your son a scholar and a great athlete. If he is then I don't think your kid will have a problem getting into any school he chooses. You can easily send highlight film from his highschool games to any college he wants to attend. If they like him they will find him. Just be realistic when you judge you childs talent. Remember it's only going to help him get into a school that maybe he would not of been able to get into.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He makes a good point. Many people don't ask questions and just go along with everybody else. If you know your child then some of these questions are important to you as well as your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
played them, whatever they did with the defense worked cause that was strongest part of their team from what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was with revo so if your kid is trying out and want some info I will be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have honestly. Two sides to every story.
. I was with Revo sounds like you are no longer. I hope your side isn't the disgruntled side, and remember "carma" works both ways. If are still with the team or not good luck in the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True defence is probably strongest part of thr team. Think it always has been.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does your son want to be when he get older?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I like about bluefish is the people behind the organization. They are well know in the lax world and I'm sure they know how to put thUtS2Ssis program where it needs to be. So paying a little more may be the best thing. If I had to choose I would give the edge to bluefish. I don't know who runs revolution but I don't think the names are as big as bluefish. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything on revolution on this site. Anybody know why? Are they a new team as well? I didn't see anything on the BOC last year either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know what team your son will make but can say Revolution team has a solid track record and plays at a high level already. Personally I would go there as logic says they will have a better resume for their showcase applications. That also means it might be more difficult to make that team so good luck.
Does anybody have any thoughts on Bluefish? Seems a little high $1750 for 10-12 practices? Can’t beat what Revolution offers throughout the year? Think people would change over? Not sure which team my son would make….just looking and trying to make right decision.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kid wont get recruited..you think the director wants to show other colleges and universities that he will play during the season his kids that he has on his team. he wont go to any events with coaches there. he want the kids for his program.people wake up and get a clue..$$$$$$ grab. Asst coach even said at the tryout if i know we would get this many boys to tryout i would have done this 2 years ago. $$$ grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys what showcases are important to you!? Go to that showcases web site and see if your team is on their list. If not, at the very least question it!

I also don't think you need to do 3 fall tourneys, keep it at 2 team showcases and train, train, train; maybe hit up a few (2) select school "invites" sessions.

I hope some of the directors realize you can get some great friendly's going.

Btw - the team with the biggest shift this upcoming season probably isn't even known to the masses yet. So relax and let the chips fall where they may.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this person should not even bring his son to revolution if he's not a very good player because revolution is playing at a high level. Wow I guess you told him where to go. I guess that other guy was right about the organization. Now I know why they were trying to trash kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one at revolution was trashing any kids from last year. It is someone stirring the pot who heard hear say stories. Because they don't want certain kids to go to revo. They want those kids for their team. Its all a ploy to try and make an organization look bad. All good people associated with revo. Good parents and coaches who care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What I like about bluefish is the people behind the organization. They are well know in the lax world and I'm sure they know how to put thUtS2Ssis program where it needs to be. So paying a little more may be the best thing. If I had to choose I would give the edge to bluefish. I don't know who runs revolution but I don't think the names are as big as bluefish. Come to think of it I haven't seen anything on revolution on this site. Anybody know why? Are they a new team as well? I didn't see anything on the BOC last year either.

Are you talking to yourself as you write and answering your own questions..comical..think before you write it might help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess this person should not even bring his son to revolution if he's not a very good player because revolution is playing at a high level. Wow I guess you told him where to go. I guess that other guy was right about the organization. Now I know why they were trying to trash kids.

Why do you keep writing pretending to be a different person each time. It gets old real quick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like people are getting a little upset. Hey this is great. How come noone is answering any questions? I'm really interested to read whats going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you not read what was said. It's someone from your organization. Stop trying to cover things up. I thought all the kids are coming back so who could be taking or trying to take your kids. Talk about kids like that. Thanks guys for being standup people. Why to take a teammates back. That's loyalty at it's best. Still haven't answered questions yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you not read what was said. It's someone from your organization. Stop trying to cover things up. I thought all the kids are coming back so who could be taking or trying to take your kids. Talk about kids like that. Thanks guys for being standup people. Why to take a teammates back. That's loyalty at it's best. Still haven't answered questions yet.

can you repeat the question again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster said they would go to TEAM REVOLUTION, but it might be more difficult to make the team. My interpretation was the worthwhile road is sometimes the more difficult road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it was someone from an organization someone was interested in going to. Many people are aware of what takes place within other organizations. Sometimes players play on various teams during the year as well and run into those players in other places.......the only thing you should be sure of is that you shouldn't be sure of anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I made alot of friends and hope to remain friends with some not all. To not go to bat for another friend who's kids were trashed. Friends don't do friends like that. As for your last comment I have no clue why someone from another team that they don't play for gas anything to do with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what ,people get a kick out of doing stiff like this to other people and it aint right. People try to play games and get each other to start something between teams and individuals which is is not right. Try to keep iton the up and up and no kids..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just goes to show you what a person woulddo to stsrt crap. This person could not answer any questions. Just trying to get people to have an argument.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Just goes to show you what a person woulddo to stsrt crap. This person could not answer any questions. Just trying to get people to have an argument.

Please stop posting one post after another. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What top level showcases are this fall and following summer? I understand many of these showcases are money grabs and aren't necessarily helpful to being recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we did 3d last year outside LarryMiller...not sure how many college coaches were at that one, but my son had fun, learn some stuff from the coaches, met some kids and got to test himself against cream of the crop players...all in the Florida sun on Super Bowl weekend...I suggest you make whatever showcase your looking to do a multipurpose weekend and get something else out of it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What top level showcases are this fall and following summer? I understand many of these showcases are money grabs and aren't necessarily helpful to being recruited?

This fall: Freshman Philly Showcase
Summer: maverick show time, Jake Reed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This fall: Freshman Philly Showcase
Summer: maverick show time, Jake Reed

All 3 of these showcases need coaches reco's...Best of Luck And Jake Reed sends out invites as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told that igloo can't field a team for 2019 this year. Is that correct I thought they had a solid team last year, what happened? First they cancel the 2018 team and now no takers for 2019. what about the kids that were at the tryouts and were told they will have a team.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard