BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,212
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47
Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will the True Blue 2019 coaches be this year?
Team had injuries and players left last year.
More Turnover expected for the team?

Notable players at Express and Bluefish tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from what I saw there were notable players from several organizations...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who will the True Blue 2019 coaches be this year?
Team had injuries and players left last year.
More Turnover expected for the team?

Notable players at Express and Bluefish tryouts.

Preview
From what I have heard A bunch of the kids from last year have accepted spots on other teams. Take that for what it is worth, as I am passing along what I heard from parents at other tryouts so second hand info. I will tell you that there were quite a few TB helmets at the bluefish tryouts last weekend.

Their tryouts are this weekend if you have an interest go to the tryout and see what the talent level is like. I believe the TB head coach is the same as last year but they have not made any coaching announcements at this point. I know some people with kids in the organization and they have nothing but good things to say. Affordable club with a couple age groups with very competitive teams. All depends on what your looking for for your son. At this age it is all about getting into the right tournaments. They did not play in very competitive tournaments last year. I would ask what their plans are for that. Very inconsistent team at this age last year for what I was told

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have friends who's sons were on the 2019 TB team and was told they really liked the Orginization, CR is a stand-up guy very accesable and will absolutly return your calls,e-mails, text.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes cr is a nice person. But he knew this was a great group of kids and didn't worry one bit about whether things were going well. Started out with two hired lacrosse coaches ended up with two dads. Yes these dads played lax in their past but this team deserved attention from the club the last two years as their former hired coach left the team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes cr is a nice person. But he knew this was a great group of kids and didn't worry one bit about whether things were going well. Started out with two hired lacrosse coaches ended up with two dads. Yes these dads played lax in their past but this team deserved attention from the club the last two years as their former hired coach left the team.

and this is one of the big reasons that a good portion of the team accepted invites to other clubs and not coming back. really is a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be some changes at the 2019 team from what I have been told. I was there last year. My son did improve and had a good experience. I called and was told there would be changes possibly. We know JC is moving off the 2017 team as they are all set. He is doing 2019 team with BV and the 2023 team is what Im being told. I hope that helps some of those parents that felt it was not good..Fact of the matter is, every team, in every place, there are parents that are not happy. If you feel its not a good fit, move on..there are 25 more teams to try out for. One thing they did do well for me was get me into the right camp for my son...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will be some changes at the 2019 team from what I have been told. I was there last year. My son did improve and had a good experience. I called and was told there would be changes possibly. We know JC is moving off the 2017 team as they are all set. He is doing 2019 team with BV and the 2023 team is what Im being told. I hope that helps some of those parents that felt it was not good..Fact of the matter is, every team, in every place, there are parents that are not happy. If you feel its not a good fit, move on..there are 25 more teams to try out for. One thing they did do well for me was get me into the right camp for my son...

What about BC will he still go with the 2019 group?

Also, it seem s like CR only tries to put out fires - not prevent them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the LI Express 2019 looking this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the LI Express 2019 looking this year?

Express 2019 Teams should be good. Picked up some real players.
Bluefish had good talent show up. They could put together a real team.
Legacy should be ok. They will loose some players.
Igloo could be a question this year.
True blue team shake up.
Outlaws will be ok. They have some decent coaches and good players.
Revolution will pick up a few and loose a few good players.
All greys who knows.
Sharks will have a team in 2019 for the first time.
LIT who knows
Sting?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT has closed its doors. All Greys will return most of their starters and will be a very good team again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT has closed its doors. All Greys will return most of their starters and will be a very good team again.

Sorry, what team is LIT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know Team Revolution will lose a few of their real good players?

Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly is the rules for college coaches being a part of a travel program.
I know they aren't allowed to speak to the boys unless the boys approach them. is this a way for the college coaches to circumvent the recruiting process or is it a violation for them to speak directly with their players.

I have to think it is a conflict of interest, but I don't see it being a positive thing otherwise other programs would have been adding college coaches in stead of all the high school coaches who are coaching or sitting on the boards of teams.

Also how are the bluefish going to get into recruiting tournaments when they don't have a track record. just because the program has well known names doesn't mean the showcases will just put a brand new team in the top showcases. there are a lot of programs that have deserved spots in the showcases and it would not speak well of the showcase directors to take on BRAND new teams that haven't played one game together.

anyone with info on college coaches and their limitations with travel programs will be much appreciated

Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What exactly is the rules for college coaches being a part of a travel program.
I know they aren't allowed to speak to the boys unless the boys approach them. is this a way for the college coaches to circumvent the recruiting process or is it a violation for them to speak directly with their players.

I have to think it is a conflict of interest, but I don't see it being a positive thing otherwise other programs would have been adding college coaches in stead of all the high school coaches who are coaching or sitting on the boards of teams.

Also how are the bluefish going to get into recruiting tournaments when they don't have a track record. just because the program has well known names doesn't mean the showcases will just put a brand new team in the top showcases. there are a lot of programs that have deserved spots in the showcases and it would not speak well of the showcase directors to take on BRAND new teams that haven't played one game together.

anyone with info on college coaches and their limitations with travel programs will be much appreciated

Although I don't know NCAA rules you make a good point I don't see many college coaches working for the majority of the big programs. My concern is Who is going to coach our kids. I am sure that the big names won't have the time if they are going to do the right thing by their college programs and I am sure the institutions they work at will expect nothing less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a big name college coach who was supposed to coach a team and he pulled out and wasn't able to commit due to his busy schedule of running a college program.

I think it is all smoke and mirrors. if they use a big name, then everyone thinks they will be a key part of the program but truth is that they don't have the time to get very hands on with the program. Our guy didn't show up to one tournament due to coaching and recruiting responsibilities.

I believe that is why they take on the title of director and they have others in the program really running things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, what team is LIT?

They probably meant TLI (Team Long Island) which by the way, I heard isn't true. The team is pretty much intact

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Sorry, what team is LIT?

They probably meant TLI (Team Long Island) which by the way, I heard isn't true. The team is pretty much intact

TLI is just fine.. Don't listen to the anonymous trolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Sorry, what team is LIT?

LIT I believe is the LIT blue sharks a team that started a few years ago with a team for 2019. I believe the poster is correct in that they are not fielding teams this year. I heard they folded into the outlaws..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, what team is LIT?

I believe LIT was out of Northport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As for the Bluefish; My question is how actively will they be marketing players to Universities other than Hofstra?? "Hey Umass, we've got a GREAT attaackman for you..."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the conflict of interest there I question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think maybe why they started this. Not winning in Hempstead. Staff proably feeling some heat..Camps and Tournament attendance has dropped. They need income folks..so don't worry about those recos just yet. We don't know how long they will be around .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they lost three kids off the top of my head. People have seen a bunch of them at other tryouts. Could be a big turnover for the organization. Doesn't look good. It may get contagious. More may leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw about five kids from revo or at least my son did. Not sure why they left. My boy said they are good impact player's. I've seen a couple of them play throughout the years. Know a few by face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is Hofstra associated with bluefish mentioned in post above?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT Blue Sharks did fold. The 2019 coaches (1 a former Hofstra player) joined with Seth Tierney and the Bluefish. The team owner joined with the Outlaws and is hoping to bring players over. Lots of former Blue Sharks at the Fish tryout so time will tell where the boys all end up. Good turn out at the Bluefish tryout last Sat. Over 80 2019's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIT Blue Sharks did fold. The 2019 coaches (1 a former Hofstra player) joined with Seth Tierney and the Bluefish. The team owner joined with the Outlaws and is hoping to bring players over. Lots of former Blue Sharks at the Fish tryout so time will tell where the boys all end up. Good turn out at the Bluefish tryout last Sat. Over 80 2019's.

People think the Tierney is going to be coaching their son and playing on that team will give them a better chance of making Hofstra. not the case at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a big name college coach who was supposed to coach a team and he pulled out and wasn't able to commit due to his busy schedule of running a college program.

I think it is all smoke and mirrors. if they use a big name, then everyone thinks they will be a key part of the program but truth is that they don't have the time to get very hands on with the program. Our guy didn't show up to one tournament due to coaching and recruiting responsibilities.

I believe that is why they take on the title of director and they have others in the program really running things.

Guess if a program is willing to offer enough money even reputable coaches will take it. Guess that's why when all is said and done that program will end up costing WELL IN EXCESS of $2,000....and that's before all the travel and other expenses. Since they don't know which showcases they are doing yet will there be any a la carte tournament fees like some of the other programs have? $1,750 for 4 or 5 tournaments, (probably including a few Blue and Gold events)and 10-12 practices doesn't sound like a bargain, and you have to pay extra for fall and winter......really?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the deal with team revolution

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A rose smells just as sweet if called another name. Bring it boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I to can say things that don't really make sense-haha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when clubs " market" players. They get contacted and then they either confirm or deny player info, talent... Never had someone "shop" my older son and he played for s top level program, if you good enough to "market", they'll find you, travel team or not...don't believe the hype from teams that tell you different...playing in good tourneys is important more or less...showcases and your HS coach still the gold standard...but times have changed. Bluefish seems like it maybe interesting, True Blues affiliation with Adelphi's coach is longstanding, so nothing new here expect a team that may have legs from day one because of the names associated with it, we're going to give it a look Saturday for my 2020...need to know where they practice and who is really doing the day to day coaching or we'll skip it though, had enough of the bait and switch with practice facilities and coaches with other teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Bluefish knocking is starting and they haven't even held a practice...that smells of disinformation from another organization...give it a chance... There is plenty of money at the table for all to fill their pockets...so won't be playing in top tourneys this year, do what...they promise solid training and less bill rap, back to basics to make your kid a better player with names that are known for it... We'll see but give it a year or two before you burn it down...South Nassau needed a top level team, now they may have one...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top level team, u just said it will take them a year or so to get going. How can u say top notch. Never fielded a team or played games. Good for younger kids not older boys in recruiting years

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Top level team, u just said it will take them a year or so to get going. How can u say top notch. Never fielded a team or played games. Good for younger kids not older boys in recruiting years

You may have to eat those words.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may have to eat those words.
Maybe, but won't have to eat his words for at least a year.That poster does have a point regarding the older boys, they have no track record, and if you want to say they brought over the Blue Sharks to be their core they were a B level team at best. They have no track record of value to put on their showcase applications. Hopefully they turn out to be a good program but only time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to registration page but couldn't get to any page to see their program info.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I got to registration page but couldn't get to any page to see their program info.
Team Revolution should be in good shape for upcoming year. They've done well over the past two years and should qualify for some good showcases. My kid played with them last year and had a good experience and the price was reasonable.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our 2019 Try Out has 110 Kids registered as of 530am sat. Online Registration will close at 7pm tonight. Walk ups are welcome. We will be fielding 3 Teams at this age
Thanks PB

Page 3 of 47 1 2 3 4 5 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard