BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2018-10th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express results are out. Team "Channy" has 40 something players. Basically the Terps + Wolves + a handful of other players. He is splitting those players up and bringing them to recruiting tournaments. Team "Moran" is basically the third team + kids from the Wolves he didn't want. He tried to do this a coupe of years ago. Terps and Terps Black. It did not go well...Good Luck to those 40 something kids who had no idea this was the way he was going pick the team.

Time to run away!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know re channey team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express results are out. Team "Channy" has 40 something players. Basically the Terps + Wolves + a handful of other players. He is splitting those players up and bringing them to recruiting tournaments. Team "Moran" is basically the third team + kids from the Wolves he didn't want. He tried to do this a coupe of years ago. Terps and Terps Black. It did not go well...Good Luck to those 40 something kids who had no idea this was the way he was going pick the team.

Time to run away!

The 2017 "Terps & Terps Black" from a few years ago was a total disaster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Player: I don't care who own the Express. I hate it here. It make me sick. My allergy, puke every time, bleugh! Like that, puke.

Channy: You're a lacrosse player. You're supposed to be like that.

Player: Somebody own the Express. We go to recruiting tourney and I get the Scholarship.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Player: I don't care who own the Express. I hate it here. It make me sick. My allergy, puke every time, bleugh! Like that, puke.

Player: Somebody own the Express. We go to recruiting tourney and I get the Scholarship.

What the [lacrosse] is the matter with you? You are sick.. get help!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to run away!

I am surprised that they are going this route again. It did not work well for them and it did not work well recently for other clubs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

What the [lacrosse] is the matter with you? You are sick.. get help!

apparently Deleted made the Express

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it sounds a lot like Outlaws 2018 Blacks recipe for disaster from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Express C team "Moran" get any exposure to college coaches ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with just about everything you said and will add a few more observations.

I think not only do you need to be on a good team, but you need to be on a good team (preferably one that has one team per age group) that proactively advocates its players to coaches in advance of tournaments where the team will be playing. The attention span of coaches at recruiting events seems to be about 10 seconds, and unless a kid makes an all star game, or is playing in one of the small team events, the summer club season can be a real crap shoot.

My son played on a very mediocre team that happened to get into top quality tournaments such as Crab Feast, Legacy, and the Philly Invitational and to your point almost no coaches were watching them despite have a handful of legitimate DI prospects. What was most surprising is even when they were playing adjacent some strong teams such as 91 Extreme, Laxachusetts, Mesa Fresh, and others there were not a lot of coaches even watching those games. So my takeaway is you can't necessarily rely on the team circuit to get you much exposure.

I put a lot less credence on the mantra that if you are good they will find you, but as you pointed out prospect days are one way to get noticed even if you are not on a great team. That's what worked for my son, and now he has serious interest from several schools and it was all from individual
stuff.

I agree the prospect days are the way to go. Coaches get to know you and see you more extensively.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moran is also coaching the 2017 B Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In one word.....NO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Express 2017 C team do this summer ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moran is also coaching the 2017 B Team.

wrong Moran. there are 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top players in this class announced Monday. Top 10-15 are pretty obvious at this point. Next 50-60 are hard to rank right now. Will be a lot of movement over next 2-3 years as some progress or reach a peak.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am curious to see if the players will be selected based on individual performance of just by team association. The top players are and always will stand out in team and individual situations. I do understand team play is important but on some of these good teams its like plug and play and an average player can succeed. Once these players do play in individual showcases they can be exposed.

Last edited by America's Game; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
I am curious to see if the players will be selected based on individual performance of just by team association. The top players are and always will stand out in team and individual situations. I do understand team play is important but on some of these good teams its like plug and play and an average player can succeed. Once these players do play in individual showcases they can be exposed.

Totally agree. I think the top 10 at least are going to all be excellent individual players who would standout regardless of what team they were on. Not products of being in a great "system" necessarily. My prediction is top 10 should have 2-3 A, 4-5 M, and 2 D plus 1 FO. These are all kids I've seen multiple times and clearly stand out to date. Could always change later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

How are you defining a good player?

I have seen many very good athletes who can beat their man one on one but have no idea how to play the game.

I have also seen very good athletes on the defensive side of the ball look great in one on one situations but are lost off ball.

College coaches love stud athletes but if the athlete can not grasp certain team concepts he will never see the field at a high level program.

Mental mistakes more than anything else will keep a player off the field.

Smart players are in the right place at the right time all the time. Smart players make good decisions and rarely make mental mistakes. The higher the level of competition the more cerebral the player must be. Intellect is critical to a players success on both sides of the ball. Understanding team concepts and schemes are a huge part of being successful at the highest level of competition.

College coaches recruit from the top clubs because they get to see kids play against the best competition possible. They want to see the kids play against the best in a team setting. The top club teams play in the best tournaments against one another and the top college coaches are all over the sideline.

You can't plug and play a low IQ player into a good team regardless of the players individual skill. Wrong place wrong time, poor shot selection, shoot when you should pass, dodge when you should pass, get in your teammates way, poor spacing, not clearing space, holding the ball too long, ball watching, not understand when or where to slide, not understanding team concepts, not understanding off ball play etc... the list goes on and on.

In big games against top competition a player needs to understand the teams system and be able to play smart and fast. The player needs to know where to be and when to be there and the player must make good decisions.

A great athlete against weak competition can simply use his athleticism to stand out.

Best case is: Great athlete, great skill and high lacrosse IQ.

A great showcase player does not always translate to a good player on a good team. However, a kid who can contribute on a top team will more than likely be able to play at the next level even if they do not stand out at a showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have numbers on some of the tryouts. True Blue, Bluefish, Recon etc ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=America's Game]I am curious to see if the players will be selected based on individual performance of just by team association. The top players are and always will stand out in team and individual situations. I do understand team play is important but on some of these good teams its like plug and play and an average player can succeed. Once these players do play in individual showcases they can be exposed.

How are you defining a good player?

I have seen many very good athletes who can beat their man one on one but have no idea how to play the game.

I have also seen very good athletes on the defensive side of the ball look great in one on one situations but are lost off ball.

College coaches love stud athletes but if the athlete can not grasp certain team concepts he will never see the field at a high level program.

Mental mistakes more than anything else will keep a player off the field.

Smart players are in the right place at the right time all the time. Smart players make good decisions and rarely make mental mistakes. The higher the level of competition the more cerebral the player must be. Intellect is critical to a players success on both sides of the ball. Understanding team concepts and schemes are a huge part of being successful at the highest level of competition.

College coaches recruit from the top clubs because they get to see kids play against the best competition possible. They want to see the kids play against the best in a team setting. The top club teams play in the best tournaments against one another and the top college coaches are all over the sideline.

You can't plug and play a low IQ player into a good team regardless of the players individual skill. Wrong place wrong time, poor shot selection, shoot when you should pass, dodge when you should pass, get in your teammates way, poor spacing, not clearing space, holding the ball too long, ball watching, not understand when or where to slide, not understanding team concepts, not understanding off ball play etc... the list goes on and on.

In big games against top competition a player needs to understand the teams system and be able to play smart and fast. The player needs to know where to be and when to be there and the player must make good decisions.

A great athlete against weak competition can simply use his athleticism to stand out.

Best case is: Great athlete, great skill and high lacrosse IQ.

A great showcase player does not always translate to a good player on a good team. However, a kid who can contribute on a top team will more than likely be able to play at the next level even if they do not stand out at a showcase. [/quote
Completely agree with this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top players in this class announced Monday. Top 10-15 are pretty obvious at this point. Next 50-60 are hard to rank right now. Will be a lot of movement over next 2-3 years as some progress or reach a peak.

Who is ranking the players? That Ty Z person or someone else?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jared Fogel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jared Fogel

your a clown, now go back to whatever you waste your day doing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to B Team cash cow..... don't do it.

Time to run away!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the talent like at outlaws tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the talent like at outlaws tryouts?

Very good at every position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone was great. All AA caliber honor students. The parents are all nice, welcoming and realistic about their kids abilities. Everything was perfect!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone was great. All AA caliber honor students. The parents are all nice, welcoming and realistic about their kids abilities. Everything was perfect!

So it was just like every other tryout....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings for 2018 class out tonight. No surprises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one kid from LI in the top 10, at #10. Not like the other years! 2017 and 2016 come out in the next two days. Expect to see better LI representation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where can the rankings be found?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where can the rankings be found?

Mine is on the list, but means nothing people. this kid ranking them is a jackwagon...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one kid from LI in the top 10, at #10. Not like the other years! 2017 and 2016 come out in the next two days. Expect to see better LI representation.

LI kids aren't going to show as well in rising frosh/soph lists. First, they are younger then almost everyone else on the list. 2 years younger in many cases. Second, the guy writing the lists isn't a player or a coach, just a wannabe. So the technical and mental abilities LI kids are known for aren't going to register with him as much as a double-repeat bowling some kid over. This list will look drastically different when they are rising sophs in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI kids aren't going to show as well in rising frosh/soph lists. First, they are younger then almost everyone else on the list. 2 years younger in many cases. Second, the guy writing the lists isn't a player or a coach, just a wannabe. So the technical and mental abilities LI kids are known for aren't going to register with him as much as a double-repeat bowling some kid over. This list will look drastically different when they are rising sophs in college.

Say what you want about him, but he is spot on, for the most part. Has been doing this a over 5 years now. If you look at his rankings, then follow the kids in college, you will see they produce. There is also movement in the HS rankings. A watch list kid can improve to a Top 10 and vice versa. He does consult with college coaches who all know and respect his opinion. The kids that may be missed are those who play on either deep or week HS programs and don't play for a big club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say what you want about him, but he is spot on, for the most part. Has been doing this a over 5 years now. If you look at his rankings, then follow the kids in college, you will see they produce. There is also movement in the HS rankings. A watch list kid can improve to a Top 10 and vice versa. He does consult with college coaches who all know and respect his opinion. The kids that may be missed are those who play on either deep or week HS programs and don't play for a big club.
I have to say I have to reluctantly agree with this. I want to trash him like the next guy but watching the 2017 lists the last two years (my kid is a 2017 and is not on the list), there has been a fair amount of movement and the top 23 kids he calls 5-stars like in football, are unquestionably all studs. However, don't know that I agree with the statement that all college coaches "who all know and respect his opinion". He does consult with some, but this is a stretch based on firsthand experience where several think he is a bozo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has actually had a firsthand experience with the kid or met him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No contact with him ever, other than when mine was verbally committed.

Our college coach--assuming he is still there when my son get there--told us to not pay attention to him or anything he says or does?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a whole group of guys that report on HS and college lacrosse. Such as Ty, Casey Vock, Quint Q. Paul Carc. They all started at Inside Lacrosse and branched out on their own. They are tight knit with each other, knowlegeble, and passionate about reporting. Football is similar. You people should be happy that our sport is getting this attention. The boys ranked are spoken about in a flattering manor and are well deserving. I really don't understand the hate. My son was not ranked as a freshman and really wanted to be recognized so he put the work in and now he is on the list because he was noticed playing great. And we are not politically connected to anyone, just love lacrosse and support our son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a whole group of guys that report on HS and college lacrosse. Such as Ty, Casey Vock, Quint Q. Paul Carc. They all started at Inside Lacrosse and branched out on their own. They are tight knit with each other, knowlegeble, and passionate about reporting. Football is similar. You people should be happy that our sport is getting this attention. The boys ranked are spoken about in a flattering manor and are well deserving. I really don't understand the hate. My son was not ranked as a freshman and really wanted to be recognized so he put the work in and now he is on the list because he was noticed playing great. And we are not politically connected to anyone, just love lacrosse and support our son.

It's obvious. The most vocal haters are the dads that don't have their kid ranked. These people don't even know this guy. They just want to lash out because they got their feelings hurt and little Johnny is depressed. Hilarious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine is names and I have met this kid. He is just that, a kid trying to make a mark. He is not some lax recruiting guru, so if your kid was named--good for you. If your kid wasn;t dont lose any sleep over the opinions of some 25 yr old kid trying to get a business started.

the college coaches I have spoken to, think he is funny...

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard