BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 v3.0
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does Rev have to do with comments about a Lax Army team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
why is lax army even a topic? They had older boys playing down this weekend. it's not a 2019 team
it is absolutely a 2019 team. As a matter of fact they are u14 according to U.S. Lacrosse rules if I'm not mistaken. Regardless it's too bad that hearsay and false accusations are allowed to be posted on this forum. Provide the moderators with your evidence and have them reach out to the Lax Army to verify, otherwise just give it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why is lax army even a topic? They had older boys playing down this weekend. it's not a 2019 team
it is absolutely a 2019 team. As a matter of fact they are u14 according to U.S. Lacrosse rules if I'm not mistaken. Regardless it's too bad that hearsay and false accusations are allowed to be posted on this forum. Provide the moderators with your evidence and have them reach out to the Lax Army to verify, otherwise just give it up.

No such thing as u14. Are we talking team LI or Lax Army

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good amount of revolution kids play for that lax army team. Most of the boys came from the old true blue A team. Now some of those kids play express A and 91 orange. And some come from fl$ and legacy. Boys and parents have always had good relationships and thats how you get lax army. So we have no agenda of taking and recruiting kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree. Lax army is a 2019 team. My son played their and I can tell you for a fact that it is just a team where kids go to play after the season. It's a good experience for the kids. Most if not all have been together for a while. I mean years. I think this has nothing to do with this team. Somebody kind of twisted things it looks like. It can't be this team that I'm sure of. Great kids and parents. I would let my kids play their. It's legit and there has never been any funny stuff going on. Lets go back and read this over. When I was told this about lax army I thought that can't be right. The issue has to be somewhere else. Lets not bash a team that is doing the right thing for the kids and not doing stupid stuff that travel teams do. Lax army is being dragged into this so lets not make a comment about a team that's doing all the right things and that's putting thought into the kids future. Please read back.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's about one of the travel teams. Could be revolution that this person is talking about. Someone mentioned that there are alot of kids from that revolution team. Also 91, express and fl$ were mentioned. Somebody is screwing things up by saying lax army. I knew it can't be lax army. If you want to stir the pot at least get it right. Lax army is alot of fun for the kids and parents as well. Good people and good lacrosse. Have fun boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good fun playing freelance lacrosse vs B teams ? Of course it's fun for you dads grinning as if they are winning the National championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you my friend are a [lacrosse]. nobody every wanted to play b teams and you are just trying to start [lacrosse]. well it seems everyone that is apart of the team has no problem and most of the people who know the kids have no problem.

stay on your b team and shut the [lacrosse] up

also, not one parent jumped up and celebrated after any goals or after they won the finals. the parents and players all have respect and understood the situation and handled themselves perfectly.

please let us know what team you are from and we will make sure we get you a good b or c team to come and have a play date with

I really hate lacrosse parents, they all think they are entitled to comment on anything that they don't agree with regardless of how little merit there is with their statements

BTW, most of us know exactly who you are and it will be interesting next time we meet. especially since you always seem to kiss our asses to see if your son can play with us

I guess there were only B teams down at IMG when they went to the championship. You my friend are an angry man who should just enjoy watching your son play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good fun playing freelance lacrosse vs B teams ? Of course it's fun for you dads grinning as if they are winning the National championship.

It's bad when coaches put teams in an open bracket which doesn't specify A or B. It's not fair to those kids trying to compete with a higher level of lacrosse then what they can play. Hopefully the coaches and directors of these teams only put their kids in B brackets where they can at least compete in games. It's tough with PAL pretty much being finished but hopefully they will learn from this and can consider it a lesson learned by the coaches. They need to know not to take a chance and play in tournaments like this. I'm sure it didn't help to end the season on that note

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao you sir are a sore loser. Not one parent was grinning or chest pumping over this tournament. Relax

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No fun winning games against to be honest non competitive teams . No one wins believe me. I didn't see anyone grinning, more so parents were disappointed in the competition they were hoping for more .. Can only blame the tournament directors for not separating A and B brackets

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

No fun winning games against to be honest non competitive teams . No one wins believe me. I didn't see anyone grinning, more so parents were disappointed in the competition they were hoping for more .. Can only blame the tournament directors for not separating A and B brackets

When there isn't enough teams I'm sure its hard to split up into A and B brackets. My kid plays against whoever is in front of him and if that team is A or B he still tries the best he can. That's all I can ask for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by acblax

Fx

When there isn't enough teams I'm sure its hard to split up into A and B brackets. My kid plays against whoever is in front of him and if that team is A or B he still tries the best he can. That's all I can ask for.

Problem was some of these teams quit in the first 15 -20 min and even one father left that early as well . What lesson is that teaching his son, but it's what I expected after seeing how he was acting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get off the lax army crap. I couldn't believe that people were bashing lax army when my friend just told me. My boys played with this team in the past and to be honest with you they like the kids on the team. You can't beat up on a team that plays a couple of tournaments a year. Really. You need to complain to the directors. If a team pays to enter the tournament and the talent level is not what they thought it would be how can you blame them. It's a good group of kids that love to play lax. In the end it can be a lesson for kids playing up. I really don't care who wins because it means nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Army stated that thy were an A team. The directors are the ones seeding the tournament and if there were issues I think they have the responsibility to notify the teams that may be in question. The product is the tournament and making it the best it can be is the directors goal. Lax Army would've played up if that was what was necessary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 2019 just committed to Hopkins. Plays for Madlax. Holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who the [lacrosse] is lax army?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3rd commit isn't a hold back! thank goodness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure it is better that 14 year olds are committing. These college coaches are irresponsible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then all I have to say is: awesome, great job, keep on keeping it real, and representing the sport with class and decency!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pathetic what these college coaches are doing! Do not blame the parents. It's the coaches but they will say different. If they didn't go to tournaments where kids aren't in high school yet and scout on the sidelines we wouldn't have this problem in youth lacrosse. That's right youth lacrosse where these division 1 coaches are going to to get the next best kid. Guess what it's the early bloomers or hold backs getting the looks. But guess what when it becomes a even playing field when other boys catch up in maturity it will back fire in most cases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep it's petremala who committed the 2019 kid. That guy talks out of his [lacrosse] about early recruiting. And how he doesn't like it. This game is getting ruined. It will blow up in this guys face all these early verbals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just someone trying to stir the pot. I wish they would stsy off of BOC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can 14 year olds give verbals? How many of them know what they want to be in life? Parents seem to be all wrapped up in this more then the kids. Let's not forget that the most important thing is a child's education. If the child knows what he or she wants to be at the age of 14 then god bless them. The school has to be the right fit or else it's a waste of time and money for the parents and child.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can 14 year olds give verbals? How many of them know what they want to be in life? Parents seem to be all wrapped up in this more then the kids. Let's not forget that the most important thing is a child's education. If the child knows what he or she wants to be at the age of 14 then god bless them. The school has to be the right fit or else it's a waste of time and money for the parents and child.
I generally agree. However, are you telling me that you would turn down an offer from Stanford, UPenn, Duke, etc. I can you from experience on the girls side that this is the timeframe whether we like it or not right now. Unless the NCAA steps in, it is not changing. So make your choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is 2019 recruit from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I generally agree. However, are you telling me that you would turn down an offer from Stanford, UPenn, Duke, etc. I can you from experience on the girls side that this is the timeframe whether we like it or not right now. Unless the NCAA steps in, it is not changing. So make your choice.

What are they offering them .. Some of these schools will still cost 30K a year .sonyhe only ones committing are the ones who's parents can pay for it . Not because they are more talented. My kid may want to go to Yale and he is better then 99 percent of the kids out there he still most likely will not be going because of financial concerns . Just an example.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this will change a bit. I think the better players will not commit early because they know they will have their pick. They know they will not get passed up on and will be afforded the time. But there will be those that get pressuered to sign before they leave from their campus visit. You are the ones who need to go in eyes wide open and remember it is only a verbal and can be taken away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Verbal commitment means nothing! Come on now... It means we are interested in you. That's all. Still need the GPA. Still need the SAt score. Anyone can change their mind. Coaches may even leave the program. S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just bad parenting puts a kid in the position where he or she is sitting in front of a college coach weeks after finishing 8th grade under duress to agree to a college.

Cry me a river blaming everyone else. The narcissism and myopia is fueled by parents who drive kids to these colleges considering they are only 14 years old. No wait, I'm from Maryland...those parents who let their kids drive to these things when they are only 16 year old 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering...what exactly is upenn offering? No money, we all know that. Don't understand why the rush to commit to ivies. Might as well wait. If your good enough there will be a spot for you if the grades match the talent. Remember: NO scholarships.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14? The kid is 15 or 16.........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14? The kid is 15 or 16.........

You are wrong. Why do you post with no facts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a cheap option for both the kid and the coach. 12.6scholarships /30 players. That's not a lot of dough either way. When you get a kid that is that much better than the pack it is worth a shot for the coach. When you get a bid from a school like Hopkins and it fits your academic profile , and It may not be there in a year you better look hard at it. Neither side is binding and it's more of a beauty pageant, but your value certainly went up should it not follow through.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's pathetic what these college coaches are doing! Do not blame the parents. It's the coaches but they will say different. If they didn't go to tournaments where kids aren't in high school yet and scout on the sidelines we wouldn't have this problem in youth lacrosse. That's right youth lacrosse where these division 1 coaches are going to to get the next best kid. Guess what it's the early bloomers or hold backs getting the looks. But guess what when it becomes a even playing field when other boys catch up in maturity it will back fire in most cases.

The coaches are in a win-win situation. I know of two D1 commits who were offered a roster spot as a rising freshmen, no scholarship, to non-ivy schools. If the players turn out to be stud once they are on the team, the coach got them cheap and can offer them something in the future to keep them happy. If the players are a bust, no problem, didn't cost him anything. These coaches know that the ultimate goal for many of these parents, I mean players, is to be on a D1 team. Yes there are players out there who are the real deal and are being offered scholarships. But there are also many coaches throwing the roster spot commitments up against a wall and seeing what sticks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the 12 1/2 scholarships ever increase? I would think with the way lacrosse has grown, 15-18 per team would be more appropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 2019 just committed to Hopkins. Plays for Madlax. Holdback?

Of the five committed 2019's he's the only one that is age appropriate for the grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm saying a kid at 14 can't give a verbal. Even at 15 or 16. Is the school the kid is going to have the academics that they are looking for or are they picking that school because they like the colors. Your missing the point. Lax is nothing but a tool that will help them get into college and get some money. If you want to pay all that money because your kid wants to play lax for a D1 school then the problem will be you the parent. Talk about education first lax second. They are all one injury away from not playing lax. That's why i stress academics first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the 12 1/2 scholarships ever increase? I would think with the way lacrosse has grown, 15-18 per team would be more appropriate.

No. It is a Title IX NCAA guideline number for all sports. The best chance of that happening is the NCAA is disbanded and Title IX for sports is abandoned for an open market. Those two things not likely in the next 10 years. Lacrosse is also unusual in that roster sizes have bloated considering it is a non-revenue sport. 60 kids on a lacrosse team happens, 60 kids on a soccer team does not. Lacrosse just lacks constraint to keep rosters bounded. Enthusiastic kids who want to sign up to play isn't a good showing for increased scholarship numbers for the NCAA.

Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard