BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31
Re: Conflicts! When HS Coaches Incorporate Summer Tournament Teams in Town
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You want to talk youth town stuff, here's a good one.

Best player on LI barely played on town youth team because of nepotism. They'd rather have friends kids playing over the best kid.

That kinda backed fired on town but inturn may have helped the kid in the end.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always said, if you are shelling out Travel club money, you better do some research to find out if any daddy coaches are on the team your son is looking to join. I witnessed one team that carried 3 daddy coaches and one of the coaches had 2 kids on the team. Kids aren't stupid, they see the favoritism that sometimes goes on in this situation. And you can't tell me some of these coaches don't know what they are doing. The majority of them can't even look you in the face when they pass you by. Finally, as contained in one of the above post "coachable" can be applied widely to define what you want it to be. But the coaches who are mature enough and stand clear from this type of practice of doing a dis-service to kids are very much in the minority.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son is in the 5th grade, we are in a northern Westchester "hot bed" for lacrosse. I've been told by 3 or 4 different parents that my son "has to play for XYZ summer club or he'll never play in HS because the Varsity coach runs the club". I have refused to be pressured into registering him for the team in spite of being invited by the program director. He plays for a summer program that has no connection to our HS program and everyone knows this HS associated club is far inferior to the one he plays on now.

What is a parent to do? My son loves playing for this other club, has many friends on the team and is being coached by a few highly qualified coaches.

If your good you play.....period.

Not true at all at our HS. The girls coach has been playing games for years. There have been countless times when she does not play the best or even the good players. It has nothing to do with a conflict with a Club. It is a combination of nepotism, incompetence and who knows what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is in the 5th grade, we are in a northern Westchester "hot bed" for lacrosse. I've been told by 3 or 4 different parents that my son "has to play for XYZ summer club or he'll never play in HS because the Varsity coach runs the club". I have refused to be pressured into registering him for the team in spite of being invited by the program director. He plays for a summer program that has no connection to our HS program and everyone knows this HS associated club is far inferior to the one he plays on now.

What is a parent to do? My son loves playing for this other club, has many friends on the team and is being coached by a few highly qualified coaches.

Not true at all at our HS. The girls coach has been playing games for years. There have been countless times when she does not play the best or even the good players. It has nothing to do with a conflict with a Club. It is a combination of nepotism, incompetence and who knows what.

I know it's extremely frustrating. I find myself many times just standing alone watching my son play, I refuse to get involved in idle chit chat with many of the parents. It's sad, but, it is what it is. Many of us don't know what occurs behind the scenes between some parents, coaches, teachers and administrators. I've overheard parents talking to certain teachers who are friends with the lacrosse coach to send a message for their son's regarding playing time. Being that my son plays on one of the top travel teams, often times some parents will walk over, try to pin me down, questioning me about travel lacrosse and everything my son does outside of school. Just as that happens, I pull my cell phone out and say "excuse me, have to take this call." You never know, the parent you think is okay will cut your head off just for their kid to play more than yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ HS coaches play YJ kids more and call up YJ kids first. Everyone is afraid of the queen

It's pay to play. period

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want to make sure I understand....You are saying that there is a HS coach who is not playing the teams best player??? And not playing the teams 2nd, 3rd best players. Soooo then who is playing?? My next question then is what HS team are you speaking of. Since you are listed as anonymous you should inform us but only after speaking with the AD of the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I want to make sure I understand....You are saying that there is a HS coach who is not playing the teams best player??? And not playing the teams 2nd, 3rd best players. Soooo then who is playing?? My next question then is what HS team are you speaking of. Since you are listed as anonymous you should inform us but only after speaking with the AD of the school.

Not sure if they are talking about the same school but I can tell you it absolutely goes on at our school. It has been going on for years. There have been many games lost with several girls on the sideline who were without question stronger than many of the girls who were on the field. I realize that it must sound crazy but it is true and it will happen again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At our school I don't think that I have ever seen the best 12 girls on the field at the same time. If you have never experienced a really bad coach this must be very difficult to believe. But it happens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rainbows, unicorns and ice cream.

What a joke that you don't think a club coach who has collected tens of thousands of dollars won't give their summer players the leg up against others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been coaching for a long time and have never seen a single coach that has sat their best players and lost games just to keep making money.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been coaching for a long time and have never seen a single coach that has sat their best players and lost games just to keep making money.

you haven't coached girls lacrosse in Manhasset. Girls HS program has deteriorated primarily to the decision making of the head coach. Favoritism, nepotism and employing club coaches on her team has resulted in the current state of this once esteemed program. not any longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you haven't coached girls lacrosse in Manhasset. Girls HS program has deteriorated primarily to the decision making of the head coach. Favoritism, nepotism and employing club coaches on her team has resulted in the current state of this once esteemed program. not any longer.

The boys coach is an Igloo coach, so what.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Current state of once esteemed program"?.....um, pre-season top 5 or 10 in polls?....yeah, program is really scraping bottom....just because your little princess doesn't measure up and left Liberty travel program (or didn't get picked for a Liberty A team), and may not make the Manhasset team this year...get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it. Nobody said the best players, but in lacrosse there are only a few of those and then everybody else is jumbled together. That's where the kids that pay are rewarded. Amazing how they seem to win all the tiebreakers on playing time and call ups

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Taking off your blinders!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Current state of once esteemed program"?.....um, pre-season top 5 or 10 in polls?....yeah, program is really scraping bottom....just because your little princess doesn't measure up and left Liberty travel program (or didn't get picked for a Liberty A team), and may not make the Manhasset team this year...get a life

***Gibberish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Maybe you have blinders on in regard to the lack of talent your child has, therefore you state that the “best” players are not in the field. Kind of reinforces your child’s shortcomings on the field.! Maybe you should take off YOUR blinders!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? Maybe you have blinders on in regard to the lack of talent your child has, therefore you state that the “best” players are not in the field. Kind of reinforces your child’s shortcomings on the field.! Maybe you should take off YOUR blinders!

You must be one of those God's gift to coaching. Just by your response, can tell you're a di$k head coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will say coaches and parents see things differently. But I have seen my share of great coaches and those who play games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is saying the best kids don't play but on those close roster decisions and n those close playing time decisions you cant tell me the kids that have paid tens of thousands of dollars to the coach and her club don't get some favorable treatment. I've seen it first hand. Its no different than the booster parent kids winning those same tiebreakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be one of those God's gift to coaching. Just by your response, can tell you're a di$k head coach.

And your son must be Gods gift to the lacrosse program. By your response I can see that you feel your son belongs on the field at all times. Let me guess, you’re the “shoot the ball” guy even when your kid is triple covered. Just by your response I can see you are a typical despised overbearing helicopter dad who is the ONLY one who can’t see his sons inability to play high level lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That bull. It's quite simple. The $12K does matter to these coaches. They looking at $3K-$3.5K they get for getting those multiple kids on the AAU team. Just an FYI. Watch what happens if you child is a super star that does play on their AAU team and high school. Leave the AAU team and watch your superstar become just an average player in their eye. That the real wake-up call to the AAU parents. They won't do it because they know that it is true and they are scared to death to know that the only reason their kid was considered good was because the were paying to hear it. Good luck AAU eventually come to an end. Your wondering where is the return on my 20,30,40K and then and only then you realize there is none except a AAU Trophy for regionals. Which wasn't a actual regional because AAU has multiple leagues and six other regionals where happening down the street from you. The only time you will realize that there is no benefit is when it is over and you see that your 17 year old is being replaced with an 8 year old just like you child replace someone when they finished at 17.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 31 1 2 29 30 31
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard