BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 97 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reposted from 2021 thread since it’s applicable here....”Everyone complains about Holdbacks, but here’s a downright sandbag...how is it that Schreibr and Chan allow a kid that is currently in 9th grade play this past summer on Express North 2022?? Well, my kid got cut from that team and now I find out and have facts that a kid that didn’t hold back and is in HS is on 2022, these guys should be banned from all tournaments, it’s taking the holdback route to a new level! Pure cheating!”

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Reposted from 2021 thread since it’s applicable here....”Everyone complains about Holdbacks, but here’s a downright sandbag...how is it that Schreibr and Chan allow a kid that is currently in 9th grade play this past summer on Express North 2022?? Well, my kid got cut from that team and now I find out and have facts that a kid that didn’t hold back and is in HS is on 2022, these guys should be banned from all tournaments, it’s taking the holdback route to a new level! Pure cheating!”

They're the biggest person on long island. You haven't seen anything yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the word was s c u m not "person".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still can't figure out what some folks are chasing? Scholarships, fame, ego/pride boosting, self-worth through their child, who knows...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it hold backs or Kids not making the team that is the issue? Comment seems a little muddled.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor Express North is putting together a U-13 team for WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, invites already went out a while ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, invites already went out a while ago.

Apologies for the dense question, but wouldn't that be their existing 2023 team? Why are they recruiting?
Is it because they have too many older kids on their existing 7th grade team?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how everyone just assumed this midfielder who left PT For LI is a h/b. R u sure about that...... looks to me like he is still eleigible to go to the World Series again this year. And my son has played with him for years. He is a VERY hard worker and leader on the field. Great teammate. A big loss for PT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they are going to add a few Players as they have at least 3 age our kids. Spots will go to Brameier team first.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how everyone just assumed this midfielder who left PT For LI is a h/b. R u sure about that...... looks to me like he is still eleigible to go to the World Series again this year. And my son has played with him for years. He is a VERY hard worker and leader on the field. Great teammate. A big loss for PT

OK Mom, keep telling yourself that. Your kid is very talented and yes a loss to PT but far from a great teammate. He is bull dodger and that's it, I am sure PT will be fine without him and the offensive will move the ball much better without a bull dodger trying to do it all himself. From what I hear it was well received by all that he left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the year John Jay takes Section 1? Ytown graduated many of their big time players. The defense will be solid with Makar (Maryland) and Morales (St. Josephs) anchoring, the Embury twins return and they'll have Dahlke (Marist) and presumably Doller (Richmond) but who else is going to score? John Jay graduated fewer contributors like Reiger and they have their own power twins with the Ford's returning and their defense is probably comparable or even better as a unit than Ytown with Adamac (Colgate), Shahe (Syracuse) and they get Burke (Duke) back. Should be an epic matchup this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber said invites for Express North U-13 going out soon. Has to get with Brameier and Pearsall first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Mom, keep telling yourself that. Your kid is very talented and yes a loss to PT but far from a great teammate. He is bull dodger and that's it, I am sure PT will be fine without him and the offensive will move the ball much better without a bull dodger trying to do it all himself. From what I hear it was well received by all that he left.

Kid is very talented NEVER passes. Kids on our team are already fed up the sideline is getting frustrated as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is very talented NEVER passes. Kids on our team are already fed up the sideline is getting frustrated as well

Seems like every pretty good team has 1 or 2 talented, bigger, stronger middies who are big producers but also notorious ballhogs. Against weaker teams, they dominate and are celebrated. Against stronger teams, they turn the ball over and frustrate teammates and the sidelines. They are used to being "the man" and never learn or embrace team concepts. Pretty common.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question to cub lacrosse parents. Our son is a strong club player but his town team is beyond awful as He's the only one playing high club level let alone any club ball or working out in winter or playing box. Should he still play with his town team in spring as it will just slow him down and making him less aggressive. Any advice would be appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems like every pretty good team has 1 or 2 talented, bigger, stronger middies who are big producers but also notorious ballhogs. Against weaker teams, they dominate and are celebrated. Against stronger teams, they turn the ball over and frustrate teammates and the sidelines. They are used to being "the man" and never learn or embrace team concepts. Pretty common.

Glad we're not alone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chiming in on PT middie who moved to LIE... My son had to gaurd him a couple tournaments last summer and said the guy was a beast physically who either tried a bull dodge or a spin move and then shoot. He scored 3or 4 on us , then only 1 second time we played. He doesnt like to pass which lead to more ZTO's seconf game we played them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question to cub lacrosse parents. Our son is a strong club player but his town team is beyond awful as He's the only one playing high club level let alone any club ball or working out in winter or playing box. Should he still play with his town team in spring as it will just slow him down and making him less aggressive. Any advice would be appreciated.

What is your alternative? I would think you want to do something while everyone else is practicing and playing. Having been in a similar situation your concern should be around development of your sons lacrosse IQ. In poor programs coaches are usually trying to babysit or teach basic catching and throwing. This in turn leads to no development of how the game is played, how to move the ball, ride, clear, cut through, get the ball to x, man up, man down, etc. Let me know if you find an alternative because we need the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your alternative? I would think you want to do something while everyone else is practicing and playing. Having been in a similar situation your concern should be around development of your sons lacrosse IQ. In poor programs coaches are usually trying to babysit or teach basic catching and throwing. This in turn leads to no development of how the game is played, how to move the ball, ride, clear, cut through, get the ball to x, man up, man down, etc. Let me know if you find an alternative because we need the same.

Play with friends and have fun. Maybe try to make team mates better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play where you can play when you can play and have fun. If you have options with surrounding towns look at those. However, I dont think anyone can be so arrogant as to say Im too good to play with you so Im not going to play at all. Re: Less aggressive. Thats crazy. The only results I see coming from the not playing approach is diminishing his stick skills and what the other poster said about lacrosse IQ. 90% of clubs dont overlap with town so leaving little Johnny on the side at the rest of the town doesnt seem to make sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play where you can play when you can play and have fun. If you have options with surrounding towns look at those. However, I dont think anyone can be so arrogant as to say Im too good to play with you so Im not going to play at all. Re: Less aggressive. Thats crazy. The only results I see coming from the not playing approach is diminishing his stick skills and what the other poster said about lacrosse IQ. 90% of clubs dont overlap with town so leaving little Johnny on the side looking at the rest of the town doesnt seem to make sense.

Legit question. If your program allows it - play up. That’s what we do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if your sons club dosnt compete in spring they will soon. Town youth programs in general are going to struggle to remain relevant for most programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play where you can play when you can play and have fun. If you have options with surrounding towns look at those. However, I dont think anyone can be so arrogant as to say Im too good to play with you so Im not going to play at all. Re: Less aggressive. Thats crazy. The only results I see coming from the not playing approach is making your son the local d!ckh3@d, diminishing his stick skills and what the other poster said about lacrosse IQ. 90% of clubs dont overlap with town so leaving little Johnny on the side thumbing his nose at the rest of the town doesnt seem to make sense.

Playing up is the way to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Play where you can play when you can play and have fun. If you have options with surrounding towns look at those. However, I dont think anyone can be so arrogant as to say Im too good to play with you so Im not going to play at all. Re: Less aggressive. Thats crazy. The only results I see coming from the not playing approach is making your son the local d!ckh3@d, diminishing his stick skills and what the other poster said about lacrosse IQ. 90% of clubs dont overlap with town so leaving little Johnny on the side thumbing his nose at the rest of the town doesnt seem to make sense.

Playing up is the way to go.

Makes sense.... play up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,
Is this the year John Jay takes Section 1? Ytown graduated many of their big time players. The defense will be solid with Makar (Maryland) and Morales (St. Josephs) anchoring, the Embury twins return and they'll have Dahlke (Marist) and presumably Doller (Richmond) but who else is going to score? John Jay graduated fewer contributors like Reiger and they have their own power twins with the Ford's returning and their defense is probably comparable or even better as a unit than Ytown with Adamac (Colgate), Shahe (Syracuse) and they get Burke (Duke) back. Should be an epic matchup this year.

No, Town reloads every year, doesn't matter who they lose. Jay too soft against the hard nosed gritty Yorktown kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Jay has the talent. The team - including coaches - need to get focused, commit and go out and prove they are as good as people think.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chiming in on PT middie who moved to LIE... My son had to gaurd him a couple tournaments last summer and said the guy was a beast physically who either tried a bull dodge or a spin move and then shoot. He scored 3or 4 on us , then only 1 second time we played. He doesnt like to pass which lead to more ZTO's seconf game we played them.

I was at the LIE tryouts and once someone his size switched to him he could not bull dodge his way to the goal anymore. Kids does not pass the ball for nothing. Very special player but good teams will double and force him to make a pass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was at the LIE tryouts and once someone his size switched to him he could not bull dodge his way to the goal anymore. Kids does not pass the ball for nothing. Very special player but good teams will double and force him to make a pass

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love PT holding a separate tryout for their WS team. Love the loyalty to current 23 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love PT holding a separate tryout for their WS team. Love the loyalty to current 23 team

Could it be that age based disqualifies a bunch of their players so they actually need kids and aren't looking to replace players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the exact reason. A chunk of players don’t meet the age cutoff, so some slots on the roster need to be filled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's were you are misinformed a special player passes the ball and is a team player He relies on size that will dry up soon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Current PT 2023 team is the WS Team . Only holding open tryout for fill ins for the 2023 boys who do not meet the age cut off. Same as last years PT 2022 team but this year opting for open tryout to fill some spots just for the WS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update on those invites from Schreiber for the WSYL team ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,

No, Town reloads every year, doesn't matter who they lose. Jay too soft against the hard nosed gritty Yorktown kids.

Its not 2008, its 2018. JJ has plenty of talented players, maybe more than Town this year and Marr is gone. Does the new guy know what he's doing? Do the players respect him like they must have respected Marr? We all knew JJ would catch up at some point. I think Town could be a very ordinary team this year outside of their sectional schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious why spots will go to Brameier first ? Out of all 3 2023 North teams they seem to be the least talented team based on the fall season performance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,

Its not 2008, its 2018. JJ has plenty of talented players, maybe more than Town this year and Marr is gone. Does the new guy know what he's doing? Do the players respect him like they must have respected Marr? We all knew JJ would catch up at some point. I think Town could be a very ordinary team this year outside of their sectional schedule.

"Does the new guy know what he's doing?" He's only been an assistant at town for 12 yrs or so and took them to the state final last year. I think the players respect him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Predators putting a WSYL team together?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,

Not sure that I get the disrespect for JJ. You are out of line.

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 97 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard