BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 38 1 2 36 37 38
Re: 2015 Spring Boys Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA needs to pass on MC moving forward.........

Why all the MC bashing, some like his style others don't. I don't think it matters who on LI is involved with UA, the results will be the same, nothing but whining and complaining. The only true way for such events like this to work is to have outside evaluators and there is no way that is going to happen, it would cost too much money to bring them in, house them and feed them. So, unless you are willing to spend your time in coordinating, evaluating, reviewing, setting up the practices and organizing the events, I suggest you keep quiet. I am not a real MC fan but cannot complain about his coaching methods, it works... sometimes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA needs to pass on MC moving forward.........

Why all the MC bashing, some like his style others don't. I don't think it matters who on LI is involved with UA, the results will be the same, nothing but whining and complaining. The only true way for such events like this to work is to have outside evaluators and there is no way that is going to happen, it would cost too much money to bring them in, house them and feed them. So, unless you are willing to spend your time in coordinating, evaluating, reviewing, setting up the practices and organizing the events, I suggest you keep quiet. I am not a real MC fan but cannot complain about his coaching methods, it works... sometimes.

Fyi, the older express team he is currently coaching also lost early on at Adrenalin a few weeks ago.

As for the inability of UA to bring in outside evaluators, they charge 180$ to try out! Are you kidding?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, not buying the BS that UA-LI should sit back and continue to roll out MC. He has been in charge of too much for too long and lacks results to boot. End the nepotism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A fitting description many times in sports...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the talent on the Island, if MC doesn't at least make it to the final game (win or lose), it should be handed to somebody else for the following year. Same bar for the next guy too!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, not buying the BS that UA-LI should sit back and continue to roll out MC. He has been in charge of too much for too long and lacks results to boot. End the nepotism.

anybody know in the last 5 years who the coaches have been? I do not think MC coached the last two years but am not positive and I think they were like 1-7 the last two years - this year was 2-3 with 3 one goal losses, I still find it crazy that LI continually has such bad showings but I believe it is a deeper problem then just one person

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

anybody know in the last 5 years who the coaches have been? I do not think MC coached the last two years but am not positive and I think they were like 1-7 the last two years - this year was 2-3 with 3 one goal losses, I still find it crazy that LI continually has such bad showings but I believe it is a deeper problem then just one person
The fish rots from the head down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they still pick the kids that were the best players in 5th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another MC quote. looks like Tarzan...plays like Jane
Coaches like Jane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Events like Empire and UA need to quietly move on from him. Let him run his Nat 175 and Club. He is good at it. But coaching and making impartial tryout picks for grander things is not in his DNA..........

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of cry babies...

Go back to your dull and sad lives and let others decide who coaches UA. Because you all clearly do not understand lax or coaching.

You are all the people that give LI lax a bad name

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which HS Varisty coaches would be considered elite? Also, are there any up and coming young promising lacrosse coaches in the area ready to take on a program on Long Island?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok keeping signing checks for your half [lacrosse] lax kid
I am sure MC will get hm on the next team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back to your dull and sad lives and let others decide who coaches UA. Because you all clearly do not understand lax or coaching.

Ok Mr. High and Mighty. Sorry to burst your bubble but LI lax doesn't have a bad name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess your fine with the [lacrosse] hum outcome when expectations were to win it. Maybe when your son is involved you'll think differently about the coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the talent on the Island, if MC doesn't at least make it to the final game (win or lose), it should be handed to somebody else for the following year. Same bar for the next guy too!

News Flash
Last year a massapequa coach a sachem north coach a chaminade coach and a club coach not express went 0-4
The year before the same thing no mike c they only one 1 game
This year you had 5 kids on the team who were on last years team only one was express you keep blaming mike c he did better than others why don't you enlighten us with positions that were weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It all starts with the DIRTY selection process. We are not sending the best lacrosse players, we are sending the best connected lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching youth lacrosse for 8/9 years up thru recruiting ages, I am convinced as kids age the focus becomes a "me" mentality, not team play, but showman performances in these events. If all are out for their own gain, they will not win, the coach can not change that behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse is the most individualized sport out there. It's the most disheartening aspect of this youth sport. Everyone is seen as a threat and everyone wants to get their numbers. All u hear from the sidelines are parents screaming at their sons to "go to cage" when they touch the ball. Times have cabbages and not for the better and I feel it's the parents that bread this type of behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree. its really sad that know nothing parents are such haters. also, no team spirit among parents. small pockets or cliques are the rule in my town and its not gonna change. ignorant parents will never think that the reality or end game doesn't apply to their son or daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News Flash
Last year a massapequa coach a sachem north coach a chaminade coach and a club coach not express went 0-4
This year you had 5 kids on the team who were on last years team only one was express you keep blaming mike c he did better than others why don't you enlighten us with positions that were weak

Don't you get it? Positions/kids not weak, coaching was! No plan or plays. No leadership. Kids were capable. They showed that by beating tournament winner in pool play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News Flash

Don't you get it? Positions/kids not weak, coaching was! No plan or plays. No leadership. Kids were capable. They showed that by beating tournament winner in pool play!

So, in pool play it was "all" the kids that won the game and the coach had nothing to do with it? When they win its the kids and when they get beat its the coach, is that the way it works?

Who were the coaches in 2014 and 2013?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Below is from another thread: I Thought it might be applicable here too.

-{ "Wow, sounds like a bunch of jealous parents to me. I say congratulations to the kid and his family.

The rest of you need to get a grip and focus on your own kid and his/her deal..."}

--- "Couldn't agree more. The problem is that many parents refuse to honestly evaluate their children. Many become bitter and jealous and spew venom and hate at other children. They do it on this site, they do it on the sideline and they do it around town. When another child is having more success than their child they look to tear that child down anyway they can. Its ugly.

If the kid scores a lot of goals the jealous parents will call the player a "Ball Hog".

If the kid makes an "All Star / Elite / Top Club" team the bitter parents will say its only because his/her Dad knows the coaches.

If the kid commits to a Top 5 or 10 college the jealous parent will say the player will never get on the field.

If the kid commits to Harvard the bitter jealous parent will say my son/daughter doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School.

If the kid commits to a Big D-I School the jealous parents will say we are focusing on academics and looking at D-III schools.

If a kid is being actively recruited by a number of top programs the bitter jealous parents will say we are looking at ABC and XYZ and we visited XXX even though their kid is not being recruited by those schools.

It's never ending, on our sideline this past spring we had parents counting out loud the number of turnovers a player had. We have parents chirping loudly "Pass The Ball" however I never heard those words when the Jealous bitter parents child had the ball. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Couple all of the hate and venom spewed with all of the [lacrosse] Kissing many of these parents do and you have a cesspool of a sideline. Does not matter if it is school or club, the [lacrosse] kissers are there. They will kiss the [lacrosse] of the coach, Club Director, AD, Assistant Coach, Spouse of the coach, Sibling of the coach, friend of the coach, anyone who they think can help. Have you ever noticed how certain parents always have a reason to talk to or email the coach? Even the ones who are bitter on the sideline, they make sure they put on the happy face just before their nose hits the coaches [lacrosse]. Love it when I see a kid who does not get the hype from the club or school get recruited (by top college programs) over the favored ones. All the [lacrosse] kissing from parents and the misguided efforts of a bad coach will not stop the college coaches from identifying the top athletes.

It's a mess. Hope your club and or town is different".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is every club... The sport has become toxic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-{ "Wow, sounds like a bunch of jealous parents to me. I say congratulations to the kid and his family.

The rest of you need to get a grip and focus on your own kid and his/her deal..."}

--- "Couldn't agree more. The problem is that many parents refuse to honestly evaluate their children. Many become bitter and jealous and spew venom and hate at other children. They do it on this site, they do it on the sideline and they do it around town. When another child is having more success than their child they look to tear that child down anyway they can. Its ugly.

If the kid scores a lot of goals the jealous parents will call the player a "Ball Hog".

If the kid makes an "All Star / Elite / Top Club" team the bitter parents will say its only because his/her Dad knows the coaches.

If the kid commits to a Top 5 or 10 college the jealous parent will say the player will never get on the field.

If the kid commits to Harvard the bitter jealous parent will say my son/daughter doesn't want to go to an Ivy League School.

If the kid commits to a Big D-I School the jealous parents will say we are focusing on academics and looking at D-III schools.

If a kid is being actively recruited by a number of top programs the bitter jealous parents will say we are looking at ABC and XYZ and we visited XXX even though their kid is not being recruited by those schools.

It's never ending, on our sideline this past spring we had parents counting out loud the number of turnovers a player had. We have parents chirping loudly "Pass The Ball" however I never heard those words when the Jealous bitter parents child had the ball. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

Couple all of the hate and venom spewed with all of the [lacrosse] Kissing many of these parents do and you have a cesspool of a sideline. Does not matter if it is school or club, the [lacrosse] kissers are there. They will kiss the [lacrosse] of the coach, Club Director, AD, Assistant Coach, Spouse of the coach, Sibling of the coach, friend of the coach, anyone who they think can help. Have you ever noticed how certain parents always have a reason to talk to or email the coach? Even the ones who are bitter on the sideline, they make sure they put on the happy face just before their nose hits the coaches [lacrosse]. Love it when I see a kid who does not get the hype from the club or school get recruited (by top college programs) over the favored ones. All the [lacrosse] kissing from parents and the misguided efforts of a bad coach will not stop the college coaches from identifying the top athletes.

This is massively defensive point of view that is completely off base for this discussion. The discussion is about the annual futility of the long island representive to the underclass games. Who's going to say that year in and year out the talent is better than long island. Answer: nobody. So it must be the coaching and selection process. The results speak volumes that something is very amiss - either the kids play selfishly or not coached properly or too much talent left at home or all of the above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching youth lacrosse for 8/9 years up thru recruiting ages, I am convinced as kids age the focus becomes a "me" mentality, not team play, but showman performances in these events. If all are out for their own gain, they will not win, the coach can not change that behavior.

This is the best answer I've seen in this entire discussion. Couldn't agree more and makes sense why such great talent doesn't win. God forbid a kid doesn't "get his" while his top 10 college coach is watching. Warped. But at the same time its up to the coach to change that behavior and try different players if it's hurting the effort of the others on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is massively defensive point of view that is completely off base for this discussion. The discussion is about the annual futility of the long island representive to the underclass games. Who's going to say that year in and year out the talent is better than long island. Answer: nobody. So it must be the coaching and selection process. The results speak volumes that something is very amiss - either the kids play selfishly or not coached properly or too much talent left at home or all of the above.

How about there are very good players from all over the country. Not all the best players come from Long Island.

Who coached the 2014 and 2013 Long Island Under Arnour Teams?

Do you really think Long Island should win it every year?

Who Just won the High School Tournament at Ward Melville?

Where was the team from that beat WM twice in that tournament?

Neither team was from Long Island.

Long Island puts out more players than other areas because the population is much greater.

Long Island does not put out better players.

The above post was not defensive it is a pretty accurate statement of the current lacrosse environment on Long Island.

If your kid did not make the Under Armour Team it must be an unfair tryout.

Long Island dropping three one goal game is a clear indicator that the coach sucks or the selection process is corrupt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were many of LI top players that skipped the UA tryout because Channy was involved. They knew that nothing he is ever involved in is on the level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were many of LI top players that skipped the UA tryout because Channy was involved. They knew that nothing he is ever involved in is on the level.
Way too many selected from his own barracudas and turtles - inbreeding is not a recipe for winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too many selected from his own barracudas and turtles - inbreeding is not a recipe for winning.

If all of these LI Top Players did not show up at the tryouts who do you think will be selected? you can't have it both ways. Keep hating and complaining and not showing up for tryouts.

I notice that none of the questions have been addressed, always back to the same BS about you know who.

Let it go already.

The Hop Offline OP
User
OP Offline
User
If your kid shows up and plays better than most then you give the selectors no choice but to pick him. That is how it works.
The comment about not showing up is a joke.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please that's not how it works on LI, my kid showed up
Out played kids and got put on B team. While kids that
Did not go to try outs make A team, (Brine)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No wonder LI can't go to the regional showcases or regional events and win, the parents are leaving the good players at home knowing that they will not make the team. Thank you for the clarification, I just thought the quality of players in other regions had gotten better, i now know and understand that it is the parents who are at fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Black(Not Select) Doing best of best Legacy and NXT next 10 days , Not too shabby for them

Outlaw team showed up with 15 left with 14 and played hard all five games. After playing six games at Legacy on Saturday/Sunday.

Plenty of exposure for the boys. But maybe not the right exposure. Its a shame these kids were treated like 2nd class citizens. However I think that's the case for all the long island teams at this age group.As Team 91 had 12/13 kids. I would recommend parents pass on "b" team cash cows for these clubs. You deserve better for $2k, spend it on a vacation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Black(Not Select) Doing best of best Legacy and NXT next 10 days , Not too shabby for them

Outlaw team showed up with 15 left with 14 and played hard all five games. After playing six games at Legacy on Saturday/Sunday.

Plenty of exposure for the boys. But maybe not the right exposure. Its a shame these kids were treated like 2nd class citizens. However I think that's the case for all the long island teams at this age group.As Team 91 had 12/13 kids. I would recommend parents pass on "b" team cash cows for these clubs. You deserve better for $2k, spend it on a vacation.

Best of Best and Legacy both had a lot of coaches, kids not showing up or backing out shows more about their commitment not the teams. For a B team that Outlaws select team beat up on 91 Titanium and is playing in some great tournaments. No complaints here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best of Best and Legacy both had a lot of coaches, kids not showing up or backing out shows more about their commitment not the teams. For a B team that Outlaws select team beat up on 91 Titanium and is playing in some great tournaments. No complaints here.

Disagree, I heard a speech from Outlaw management that they had a group of 30 kids to play in 9 tournaments so kids could feel free to play with the High School teams (Ward Melville, Smithtown East, etc. at key tournaments. So I had an expectation that this would be managed by Coach. The result is 14 kids in Baltimore, 14 kids in Massachusetts, 14 kids at Lehigh. 25 at Long Island tourney's. The model doesn't work. So Parents just warning you before you make the commitment this fall, talk to the club owners and make them give you a written commitment that they will give you the service you paid for. (Especially Professional Coaching).

Improvements are needed, strive for a better product from these clubs. Hold them accountable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is every club... The sport has become toxic.

Not just club, school ball as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not a thread about UA it is a High School lacrosse thread so anybody can post anything they want, the moderators can decide what is and isn't appropriate and the original post was relevant and interesting and thank you for posting it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea what type of rules changes might be suggested for 2016 I'm the boys game? I'm hearing that high schools mist not be adopting the new face off rules.

Page 38 of 38 1 2 36 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard