BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 128 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes Crabs lost 19-8 and the Crab Hate Nation is jumping for joy. Fine -- I get that. However, can someone really say with a straight face that there is another 2020 team in the US that would have had a better showing on national TV (with all the pressure) against Crush? Humor me….name some teams. Im dying to know who these "above average" teams are.

Express
Looney's
Edge - beat crabs 10-5 at Hershey
Tomahawks - have no idea who they are but they won at Hershey.
Hawks and Breakers - who both took Crabs to OT with their holdbacks,
Probably FCA too

Without holdbacks, Crabs would likely have a tough time breaking into the top 5. I can see it now, all of the self-important Crabs parents brimming with pride at being #6.

Well, unfortunately, all of those teams were sitting at home watching the games on TV, for good reason. They just played in an age and grade based tournament against the best teams in the nation, and lost one game to the truly best team in the nation, Team 91. FCA 2020 is NOT good, don't even mention them in the same breath as Crabs and Team 91. Edge And Looney's are the only two that are maybe in the same league, but Hawks were not impressive this weekend at Young Guns.at all, and Breakers were just OK. Let's snap back to reality - you clearly are out of touch...

Ok, crush , express, looney's, tomahawks, and edge - an age appropriate crabs team still does not crack top 5, and struggles to make top 7!

Birth certificates - the great equalizer!

OK - let's try and make this easy to understand. Crush is currently the best 2020 team in the nation, bar none, period. No one can touch them - NO ONE. I don't care what kind of drugs you're on, you will NEVER EVER convince me or most others of anything other than that. However - besides Crush, who Crabs played in the Championship game in the World Series of Lacrosse, also went 3-0 as did Crush. Here is where I need you to stay with me - NONE of the other teams you're mentioning - not LI Express, not, Looneys, not Tomahawks and not Edge, were there. None. Not one. Nada. An age appropriate Crabs team not only cracked top 5, it leapfrogged over them all. Not opinions, facts. Did all of the other teams' invites get lost in the mail? I don't think so. I guarantee that Team 91 Crush would have beaten any of the teams you named by at least 20 if they had been in Denver - I'd bet $10K on it, not a question in my mind. Just in case you need a refresher, these are the final standings:

AMERICAN NATIONAL
Leading Edge - 4th Denver Elite - 3rd
Crabs - 1st Rising Sons - 2nd
3d Colorado - 2nd Team Carolina - 4th
Eclipse - 5th Team 91 Crush - 1st
Michigan Warriors-3rd C2C Dallas - 5th

Let's stay on topic. You are talking top 5 at a made for TV feel good event at which some of the teams there were not even the best teams in their respective regions.

I am talking about top 5 overall in the context of an age appropriate crabs team. In that scenario age appropriate crabs vs crush, express, edge, tomahawks, or looneys, crabs lose.

Fact - crabs needed normal allotment of holdback to beat Hawks in OT in NPYLL
Fact - crabs needed 2019s to beat breakers and 91 in OT at beach lax
Fact - presumably age appropriate Crabs did not make the semifinals at Hershey, they got beaten by edge 10-5!
Fact - age appropriate crabs got smoked in Denver by the same team they beat at beach lax.

Without holdbacks they are just another good team but not even second best.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK - let's try and make this easy to understand. Crush is currently the best 2020 team in the nation, bar none, period. No one can touch them - NO ONE. I don't care what kind of drugs you're on, you will NEVER EVER convince me or most others of anything other than that. However - besides Crush, who Crabs played in the Championship game in the World Series of Lacrosse, also went 3-0 as did Crush. Here is where I need you to stay with me - NONE of the other teams you're mentioning - not LI Express, not, Looneys, not Tomahawks and not Edge, were there. None. Not one. Nada. An age appropriate Crabs team not only cracked top 5, it leapfrogged over them all. Not opinions, facts. Did all of the other teams' invites get lost in the mail? I don't think so. I guarantee that Team 91 Crush would have beaten any of the teams you named by at least 20 if they had been in Denver - I'd bet $10K on it, not a question in my mind. Just in case you need a refresher, these are the final standings:

AMERICAN NATIONAL
Michigan Warriors-3rd C2C Dallas - 5th [/quote]

Let's stay on topic. You are talking top 5 at a made for TV feel good event at which some of the teams there were not even the best teams in their respective regions.

I am talking about top 5 overall in the context of an age appropriate crabs team. In that scenario age appropriate crabs vs crush, express, edge, tomahawks, or looneys, crabs lose.

Fact - presumably age appropriate Crabs did not make the semifinals at Hershey, they got beaten by edge 10-5!
Fact - age appropriate crabs got smoked in Denver by the same team they beat at beach lax.

Without holdbacks they are just another good team but not even second best.[/quote]

Please don't get ridiculous and now say that it was a feel good event and the right teams weren't there, that's getting pathetic. None of those are facts, because "needed" is your opinion. The only "facts" were in the above post - Crabs and 91 were there, the others weren't. Crabs and 91 were undefeated and met in the finals. 91 won. 91 would have smoked Hawks (who got smoke by Looneys today 5-0). 91 would have smoked Breakers (who got beaten by Edge today in the semis). Bottom line is, you will never, ever convince me that any of those teams are more competitive than the Crabs. Never.

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

Without holdbacks they are just another good team but not even second best.[/quote]

Please don't get ridiculous and now say that it was a feel good event and the right teams weren't there, that's getting pathetic. None of those are facts, because "needed" is your opinion. The only "facts" were in the above post - Crabs and 91 were there, the others weren't. Crabs and 91 were undefeated and met in the finals. 91 won. 91 would have smoked Hawks (who got smoke by Looneys today 5-0). 91 would have smoked Breakers (who got beaten by Edge today in the semis). Bottom line is, you will never, ever convince me that any of those teams are more competitive than the Crabs. Never.

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags... [/quote]

you sound a little like a fan.....little bit, little bit The Crabs were there with a false resume, I think is the point that people are trying to make, to not see that point makes you look and sound like a fan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Before you get in deeper" makes me laugh. Yes, oh wise one, I think everyone with a pair of eyes and ears is quite aware that the cutoff was set - FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE TOURNEY - at May 1. EVEN PLAYING FIELD, depending on what you choose to do. Last time I checked, they didn't say "Crabs, May 1 - everyone else, Sept 1". 100% fact for you - ALL of the teams had some players with birthdays prior to Sept 1, and none had players born prior to May 1. C2C Dallas had several - see how much that helped them? 30-0 - ouch... [/quote]

But not every team was on equal grounds as you say ..oh wise one .. You still had to be in the proper grade...And follow this wise one...if you are a age based team with kids starting school at usual start date you dont have holdbacks..GET IT... You need to be a team or from an area that has holdbacks/prefirsts..You cant just add them from other teams in your organazation due to age. They must be in right grade too...GOT THAT ONE wiseone!! Age was an advantage for the teams that could pull holdbacks/prefirsts...Hopefully that is not to hard to follow . [/quote]

Clearly, I am wiser than you, as you're an absolute fool. The fact that every team was not on equal grounds, if that was the case, since I doubt you were out there checking birth certificates and your son was not out there playing, is no one's problem. You pull what you pull, if anyone actually did, and everyone is on EQUAL GROUND. If I tell you you can start your race with all the others at lap 2 and you're idiotic enough to start at lap 1, sucks for you. Hopefully THAT'S not too hard to follow. You make your own bed, don't be afraid to lie in it. Here's a funny - Charlie, the Crabs' leading scorer, first place in the fastest shot contest, the one the commentators kept talking about? He's a young 7th grader. He's also 6'3", but I guess God helped him cheat by making him big and strong and fast, right? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags... [/quote]

you sound a little like a fan.....little bit, little bit The Crabs were there with a false resume, I think is the point that people are trying to make, to not see that point makes you look and sound like a fan[/quote]

No, I don't think that's the point they were making - if they were, they articulated it very poorly, Bobby. Every team mentioned has holdbacks - they're all full of it. Crabs did win all their divisional and playoff games though, fake resume or not, with the players that were there. No one can beat Crush though...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in the proper grade...And follow this wise one...if you are a age based team with kids starting school at usual start date you dont have holdbacks..GET IT... You need to be a team or from an area that has holdbacks/prefirsts..You cant just add them from other teams in your organazation due to age. They must be in right grade too...GOT THAT ONE wiseone!! Age was an advantage for the teams that could pull holdbacks/prefirsts...Hopefully that is not to hard to follow . [/quote]

Every state in the country allows you to start your kids late if you choose. Every state in the country also has schools in which your child may be held back, if you choose. Not sure why you'd choose that, but yours is not a valid argument, unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great final games at Young Guns.

2019AA: Madlax over Edge 9-8
2020AA: Looney’s over Edge 7-6
2021AA: Igloo over Rising Sons 9-3
2022AA: Annapolis Hawks over Diamondbacks 6-4

Rough day for Edge.

I wonder when was the last time the host Crabs did not make the finals in any age for their own tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm a md guy and have to say Losing by 11 goals is a good old fashioned [lacrosse] whoopin. Considering you won in beach lax in OT I think that is enough proof of the holdback factor. In a loss by 11 you can't go with the kids didn't play well. Bottom line is the Crabs are an average organization when they play on an even playing field. Did they have 8 coaches today all looking around and not knowing how to coach without kids physically bigger? It's a Different game coaching kids when everyone is the same age... You can't just pick a kid 18 months older and say go to the goal.
It would be great for youth lacrosse if all tourneys were set up like this and didn't favor the holdbacks.

Hogan...Aloha....NXT...are you reading the recurring theme here? People want grade based with an age cut off. Do that for your tournaments -heck most reasonable parents would even pay more and you don't need the Crabs at your tournaments. There are enough competitive on age teams you would have your tourneys full. Who is going to stand up to King Crabby first?

Hogan has age and grade based divisions and actually enforces them. I'm not sure about Aloha, NXT will never go age based because their teams wouldn't be able to enter their own tournaments

After some antics at summer exposure last year, hello Jesters, seems like Hogan took age restrictions much more seriously this year, kudos to them and I hope more follow in their footsteps. [/quot

Jesters never played in that tournament. What are you talking about??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags...[/quote]

The point is not who can carry 91s bags. Think everyone agrees 91 is the dominant team in 2020 and has been for years. They work harder than most of the others and are not in the same league. The point is that the Crabs team without their holdbacks is no better than many other 2020 teams. Any of the teams mentioned above would have gone through the preliminary rounds the same way - there was no competition in Denver. The competition was at the Young Guns tournament that Crabs and 91 were signed up for before the Denver opportunity came up. And Denver was not an elite invite only tournament - other teams were invited and turned it down similar to the way they turn Dicks National down each year. Not all families are interested in the expenditure for 12 & 13 year old lacrosse and have other priorities. We are all sure it was a great experience for the boys who went but do not assume others were not invited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is, you will never, ever convince me that any of those teams are more competitive than the Crabs. Never.

Nobody has to bother to convince you. The rest of the community knows. The proof is in the scores in recent games of Crabs (with holdbacks) versus those teams. Also look at the spreads of the games versus similar teams. Many of the other spreads are more favorable than the Crabs vs Edge, Crabs vs 91 etc. Crabs is a good team but they are not in the same league as 91. If they had the integrity to play with the Denver team going forward (without the holdbacks or the 2019s), they would not be winning all of their games. Those other teams can easily meet the generous Denver age requirement as they are now. Fact.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and 91 were obvious choices to participate in Denver - both have successful reputations in the lacrosse community. The Crabs also have their holdback MO - but that's another story.

If there are regionals to make it to Denver next year I would have to think those teams trying to get there are going to have follow the same age restrictions that were in place this time. That means the Crabs are going to have to field on age teams to get through the qualification process. Needless to say - that poses a problem for the Crabs.

With age restrictions in place - Breakers, FCA, MadLax, Hawks, Loonies are all contenders to represent the midatlantic.

In addition, if this tournament is going to survive they are going to have to find some real competition outside of the midatlantic and LI to participate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is, you will never, ever convince me that any of those teams are more competitive than the Crabs. Never.

Nobody has to bother to convince you. The rest of the community knows. The proof is in the scores in recent games of Crabs (with holdbacks) versus those teams. Also look at the spreads of the games versus similar teams. Many of the other spreads are more favorable than the Crabs vs Edge, Crabs vs 91 etc. Crabs is a good team but they are not in the same league as 91. If they had the integrity to play with the Denver team going forward (without the holdbacks or the 2019s), they would not be winning all of their games. Those other teams can easily meet the generous Denver age requirement as they are now. Fact.

The rest of the community seems to be the same few dads who clearly have kids on one of the other good not great teams. Crabs are not in the same league as 91 for sure - neither are any of the others (Hawks, Looneys, Breakers, you fill in the blank). There are also no facts in this post, you can't make something a fact by simply saying "fact".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags...[/quote]

The point is not who can carry 91s bags. Think everyone agrees 91 is the dominant team in 2020 and has been for years. They work harder than most of the others and are not in the same league. The point is that the Crabs team without their holdbacks is no better than many other 2020 teams. Any of the teams mentioned above would have gone through the preliminary rounds the same way - there was no competition in Denver. The competition was at the Young Guns tournament that Crabs and 91 were signed up for before the Denver opportunity came up. And Denver was not an elite invite only tournament - other teams were invited and turned it down similar to the way they turn Dicks National down each year. Not all families are interested in the expenditure for 12 & 13 year old lacrosse and have other priorities. We are all sure it was a great experience for the boys who went but do not assume others were not invited.

No, the other teams mentioned would not have gone through it the same way - I was there at Young Guns this weekend, and I watched all of those 2020 teams mentioned while my son was playing, and they definitely are not the same caliber. The tourney was nothing special at the 2020 level, unfortunately. Sure as heck not even CLOSE to the level of play I saw on TV with those 2 teams. And those teams weren't invited - please don't imply that they were and declined.
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely insane how everyone brings up one or two games in the past - "Hawks almost beat you once this year" ", "remember when we went into OT - so close", "we beat that team that you beat by almost as much as you beat them by", "remember back in 99 when I almost had that game winning goal, except I shot it wide right 5 seconds after the whistle blew". Comical. Not horseshoes, guys. Almost doesn't count. Consistency, history, record - that does.

So in 99 you went into OT also, who won?...you're right, it's not horseshoes, it's youth lacrosse that is played on an uneven field and has been for years, that is your consistency, your history, your record. You win all of the time because of your system, people in Maryland know it and more or less accept because it the structure we are forced to play in. Don't pretend for one minute that many of the local teams wouldn't be as good or better if the ages were leveled out. If you just won quietly and with some dignity, people would not have started dancing in the streets at halftime of the debacle on Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I'm a md guy and have to say Losing by 11 goals is a good old fashioned [lacrosse] whoopin. Considering you won in beach lax in OT I think that is enough proof of the holdback factor. In a loss by 11 you can't go with the kids didn't play well. Bottom line is the Crabs are an average organization when they play on an even playing field. Did they have 8 coaches today all looking around and not knowing how to coach without kids physically bigger? It's a Different game coaching kids when everyone is the same age... You can't just pick a kid 18 months older and say go to the goal.
It would be great for youth lacrosse if all tourneys were set up like this and didn't favor the holdbacks.

Hogan...Aloha....NXT...are you reading the recurring theme here? People want grade based with an age cut off. Do that for your tournaments -heck most reasonable parents would even pay more and you don't need the Crabs at your tournaments. There are enough competitive on age teams you would have your tourneys full. Who is going to stand up to King Crabby first?

Hogan has age and grade based divisions and actually enforces them. I'm not sure about Aloha, NXT will never go age based because their teams wouldn't be able to enter their own tournaments

After some antics at summer exposure last year, hello Jesters, seems like Hogan took age restrictions much more seriously this year, kudos to them and I hope more follow in their footsteps. [/quot

My mistake, it was the Threshers, sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and 91 were obvious choices to participate in Denver - both have successful reputations in the lacrosse community. The Crabs also have their holdback MO - but that's another story.

If there are regionals to make it to Denver next year I would have to think those teams trying to get there are going to have follow the same age restrictions that were in place this time. That means the Crabs are going to have to field on age teams to get through the qualification process. Needless to say - that poses a problem for the Crabs.

With age restrictions in place - Breakers, FCA, MadLax, Hawks, Loonies are all contenders to represent the midatlantic.

In addition, if this tournament is going to survive they are going to have to find some real competition outside of the midatlantic and LI to participate.

Very interesting...next year it will be the 2021s. If the crabs have to send an age-appropriate team through regional qualifying they will struggle, the team did not make the playoffs at beach lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great final games at Young Guns.

2019AA: Madlax over Edge 9-8
2020AA: Looney’s over Edge 7-6
2021AA: Igloo over Rising Sons 9-3
2022AA: Annapolis Hawks over Diamondbacks 6-4

Rough day for Edge.

I wonder when was the last time the host Crabs did not make the finals in any age for their own tournament.

I saw a couple of Edge games and I would like to say that I was impressed. In the past they have been borderline thugs, compensating for skills with sheer brutality. Did not see any of that this time, they played good clean competitive lacrosse, hope that continues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

you sound a little like a fan.....little bit, little bit The Crabs were there with a false resume, I think is the point that people are trying to make, to not see that point makes you look and sound like a fan [/quote]

Funny, I am a fan! Joe for President!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rest of the community seems to be the same few dads who clearly have kids on one of the other good not great teams. Crabs are not in the same league as 91 for sure - neither are any of the others (Hawks, Looneys, Breakers, you fill in the blank). There are also no facts in this post, you can't make something a fact by simply saying "fact".

Nobody is saying that these teams are as good as 91, just that the crabs without holdbacks are no better than the rest of the bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My mistake, it was the Threshers, sorry.

What happened last year at Exposure, don't think I've heard about this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, nobody is saying they are in the same league as Crush - Crush is alone at the top tier and the rest of the teams. But Crabs does not seem to understand that they are certainly not in the same tier as them either. Crabs without their holdbacks are no better than the teams mentioned above and many others. That is what people are telling you - your scores are borderline when you play with holdbacks so you would lose when you play without them. Crabs successful history is built on a holdback platform. "Fact" refers to those other teams having no issue qualifying with their current team roster for any tournament that puts the same requirements forth as Denver did but doubt Crabs will ever realize that since they only enter tournaments without any type of grade/age combination restriction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMERICAN NATIONAL

Oh, and I'm not even a Crabs parent. In fact, I'm not a fan of them at all. I am realistic, though, and I've watched every team you mention when my kids play against or with them. Sometimes they have flashes of brilliance, but none can even carry 91's bags...

you sound a little like a fan.....little bit, little bit The Crabs were there with a false resume, I think is the point that people are trying to make, to not see that point makes you look and sound like a fan [/quote]

Funny, I am a fan! Joe for President! [/quote]

who is Joe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Before you get in deeper" makes me laugh. Yes, oh wise one, I think everyone with a pair of eyes and ears is quite aware that the cutoff was set - FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE TOURNEY - at May 1. EVEN PLAYING FIELD, depending on what you choose to do. Last time I checked, they didn't say "Crabs, May 1 - everyone else, Sept 1". 100% fact for you - ALL of the teams had some players with birthdays prior to Sept 1, and none had players born prior to May 1. C2C Dallas had several - see how much that helped them? 30-0 - ouch...

But not every team was on equal grounds as you say ..oh wise one .. You still had to be in the proper grade...And follow this wise one...if you are a age based team with kids starting school at usual start date you dont have holdbacks..GET IT... You need to be a team or from an area that has holdbacks/prefirsts..You cant just add them from other teams in your organazation due to age. They must be in right grade too...GOT THAT ONE wiseone!! Age was an advantage for the teams that could pull holdbacks/prefirsts...Hopefully that is not to hard to follow . [/quote]

Clearly, I am wiser than you, as you're an absolute fool. The fact that every team was not on equal grounds, if that was the case, since I doubt you were out there checking birth certificates and your son was not out there playing, is no one's problem. You pull what you pull, if anyone actually did, and everyone is on EQUAL GROUND. If I tell you you can start your race with all the others at lap 2 and you're idiotic enough to start at lap 1, sucks for you. Hopefully THAT'S not too hard to follow. You make your own bed, don't be afraid to lie in it. Here's a funny - Charlie, the Crabs' leading scorer, first place in the fastest shot contest, the one the commentators kept talking about? He's a young 7th grader. He's also 6'3", but I guess God helped him cheat by making him big and strong and fast, right? LOL [/quote]

You are the fool who cant follow logic. Dropping date to May 1 was made for one reason. To let more holdbacks/prefirsts in. Who is the king of holdbacks/prefirst. Do you even need an answer.We all know. No other reason. If not why not follow clear USL guidelines, or maybe add in August, maybe July at most. But to go to May 1. Yea right ... This gave an advantage to teams that draw holdbacks as YOU STILL NEEDED TO BE ON GRADE ... Just cause they allowed May 1 doesnt help any programs that dont have the mentality of the Maryland privates and a few others with holdbacks/prefirsts. Crabs probably wanted a Jan 1 deadline or earlier..

I know your brain is fried from the defeat but it is simple logic. And nice try with the child who is huge and proper age. So what?? Kids come in many shapes and sizes who said different??? And the lap thing?? another logic argument that would have landed to a F!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, nobody is saying they are in the same league as Crush - Crush is alone at the top tier and the rest of the teams. But Crabs does not seem to understand that they are certainly not in the same tier as them either. Crabs without their holdbacks are no better than the teams mentioned above and many others. That is what people are telling you - your scores are borderline when you play with holdbacks so you would lose when you play without them. Crabs successful history is built on a holdback platform. "Fact" refers to those other teams having no issue qualifying with their current team roster for any tournament that puts the same requirements forth as Denver did but doubt Crabs will ever realize that since they only enter tournaments without any type of grade/age combination restriction.

It's like all of the MD parents live in some sort of fantasy land - ALL OF YOUR TEAMS CHEAT! Again, everyone seems to forget that ALL of these other teams mentioned have holdbacks and "fill out their rosters" with other players from different age and skill levels (AA to A) when they are short as well. THEY ARE ADMITTING IT AND GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED FOR IT!! It's ridiculous that anyone does it, but don't pretend it's only the Crabs - FCA JUST did it, and admitted it, in Young Guns "It was only like 5 kids though" (and STILL were just average at best - and that's generous). Cannons got caught this weekend doing it (and also did so at McDonough - and still sucked) and should have been kicked out of the tournament. Hawks The only "fact" is that ALL of those "other teams" do the exact same thing as the Crabs to some extent, so it's nonsensical to watch MD parents call out Crabs and other teams when they are ALL doing it - just not as well as Crabs apparently. Maybe private schools should only allow holding kids back for academic reasons, and then we'd really see how a level playing field we have. The only real "fact" is that all of the MD clubs cheat, and the NY/NJ/PA clubs still beat them handily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody is saying that these teams are as good as 91, just that the crabs without holdbacks are no better than the rest of the bunch.

But they all have holdbacks - so, that makes no sense, really...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Before you get in deeper" makes me laugh. Yes, oh wise one, I think everyone with a pair of eyes and ears is quite aware that the cutoff was set - FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE TOURNEY - at May 1. EVEN PLAYING FIELD, depending on what you choose to do. Last time I checked, they didn't say "Crabs, May 1 - everyone else, Sept 1". 100% fact for you - ALL of the teams had some players with birthdays prior to Sept 1, and none had players born prior to May 1. C2C Dallas had several - see how much that helped them? 30-0 - ouch...

But not every team was on equal grounds as you say ..oh wise one .. You still had to be in the proper grade...And follow this wise one...if you are a age based team with kids starting school at usual start date you dont have holdbacks..GET IT... You need to be a team or from an area that has holdbacks/prefirsts..You cant just add them from other teams in your organazation due to age. They must be in right grade too...GOT THAT ONE wiseone!! Age was an advantage for the teams that could pull holdbacks/prefirsts...Hopefully that is not to hard to follow .

Clearly, I am wiser than you, as you're an absolute fool. The fact that every team was not on equal grounds, if that was the case, since I doubt you were out there checking birth certificates and your son was not out there playing, is no one's problem. You pull what you pull, if anyone actually did, and everyone is on EQUAL GROUND. If I tell you you can start your race with all the others at lap 2 and you're idiotic enough to start at lap 1, sucks for you. Hopefully THAT'S not too hard to follow. You make your own bed, don't be afraid to lie in it. Here's a funny - Charlie, the Crabs' leading scorer, first place in the fastest shot contest, the one the commentators kept talking about? He's a young 7th grader. He's also 6'3", but I guess God helped him cheat by making him big and strong and fast, right? LOL [/quote]

You are the fool who cant follow logic. Dropping date to May 1 was made for one reason. To let more holdbacks/prefirsts in. Who is the king of holdbacks/prefirst. Do you even need an answer.We all know. No other reason. If not why not follow clear USL guidelines, or maybe add in August, maybe July at most. But to go to May 1. Yea right ... This gave an advantage to teams that draw holdbacks as YOU STILL NEEDED TO BE ON GRADE ... Just cause they allowed May 1 doesnt help any programs that dont have the mentality of the Maryland privates and a few others with holdbacks/prefirsts. Crabs probably wanted a Jan 1 deadline or earlier..

I know your brain is fried from the defeat but it is simple logic. And nice try with the child who is huge and proper age. So what?? Kids come in many shapes and sizes who said different??? And the lap thing?? another logic argument that would have landed to a F!
[/quote]

Witty. The only part that you're correct on is that your argument is simple - but it's not logical (go and look up Webster's definition of "logic", I think you're a little confused). So, the Crabs are so influential that they were able to garner a May 1 cutoff? You're a moron. Once again - and try to follow along - the rules were the same for everyone who entered the tourney. That's the logic that is not difficult to follow. I'm just taking a guess here, but I'd gather that your full-time job isn't traveling around the country checking birth certificates for youth lax, so you're just spewing completely uninformed crap now every time you say "holdback/prefirst" with your only backup being "everyone knows" and "I read on this forum" and "everyone says" so by God, it must be true.

The point with the kid who is the proper age is that I'm 100% positive that you'd watch the game, see him next to your little Johhny, and say "no way that kid is 13 - he's got to be a 2018". And you'd be wrong (again). But you helped to prove my point with your statement - "kids come in all shapes and sizes", so how do you know who is a holdback and who is just bigger for their age? Again, you're not checking birth certificates and transcripts. Please don't come unarmed to a battle of wits, quit while you're behind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it makes sense - most Maryland teams would have no problem meeting the age requirements. Contrary to your opinion, all Maryland teams DO NOT have holdbacks and some work very hard to make sure they do not. This post is just trying to bring everyone down to Crabs level. The proof would be that they could show up to play at any age/grade tournament and qualify. Crabs would never do that. There is a big difference between what FCA does with respect to bringing age appropriate players that play up (ie legitimate 2020AA players who also play 2019AA) to play with their own grade/age group and what Crabs does by playing down with older kids in younger age groups. Do not pull all mid Atlantic teams into the mudpile with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So do you NY,PA,NJ teams they all have holdbacks too, Philly teams especially, but Jersey and New [lacrosse] have them too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: Crabs 2020 NPYLL vs Denver - look at the rosters.

They are both online so you can compare how many differences there were. I am not making the same comparison for Beach Lax - just NPYLL. There is a two player difference between the rosters - one player must not have been eligible and one player was added. The added player just finished 7th grade and was at Beach Lax too.

It does not take too much research to find the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are both online so you can compare how many differences there were. I am not making the same comparison for Beach Lax - just NPYLL. There is a two player difference between the rosters - one player must not have been eligible and one player was added. The added player just finished 7th grade and was at Beach Lax too.

This is the most logical post I've seen in days...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it makes sense - most Maryland teams would have no problem meeting the age requirements. Contrary to your opinion, all Maryland teams DO NOT have holdbacks and some work very hard to make sure they do not. This post is just trying to bring everyone down to Crabs level. The proof would be that they could show up to play at any age/grade tournament and qualify. Crabs would never do that. There is a big difference between what FCA does with respect to bringing age appropriate players that play up (ie legitimate 2020AA players who also play 2019AA) to play with their own grade/age group and what Crabs does by playing down with older kids in younger age groups. Do not pull all mid Atlantic teams into the mudpile with you.

Actually FCA 2020 brought 5 players down from AA to A in Young Guns to "fill out their roster", and they still couldn't pass and catch. Personally, I'd rather mix age than skill level - that's very unChristian of them...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So once again we have someone who spends his days traveling around and checking all of the birth certificates for every MD team for every player for every game and tournament? Spare us the nonsense, please - we all see them at every tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know how you got any information from the NYPLL website, you are like MacGyver, good work

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction - two missing assumed ineligible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's like all of the MD parents live in some sort of fantasy land - ALL OF YOUR TEAMS CHEAT! Again, everyone seems to forget that ALL of these other teams mentioned have holdbacks and "fill out their rosters" with other players from different age and skill levels (AA to A) when they are short as well. THEY ARE ADMITTING IT AND GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED FOR IT!! It's ridiculous that anyone does it, but don't pretend it's only the Crabs - FCA JUST did it, and admitted it, in Young Guns "It was only like 5 kids though" (and STILL were just average at best - and that's generous). Cannons got caught this weekend doing it (and also did so at McDonough - and still sucked) and should have been kicked out of the tournament. Hawks The only "fact" is that ALL of those "other teams" do the exact same thing as the Crabs to some extent, so it's nonsensical to watch MD parents call out Crabs and other teams when they are ALL doing it - just not as well as Crabs apparently. Maybe private schools should only allow holding kids back for academic reasons, and then we'd really see how a level playing field we have. The only real "fact" is that all of the MD clubs cheat, and the NY/NJ/PA clubs still beat them handily. [/quote]

What exactly did the Hawks do, you never finished the sentence. If we are talking about real "facts", can you tell me there are no kids being held back on ANY team in New [lacrosse], New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, California, Texas, Minnesota, Maine, Georgia, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana or any of the other lacrosse playing states in this country. The answer is simply NO, you can't say that and be factual, because somebody somewhere has them, yes even in the great state of Long Island there are kids being held back. I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cannons did not get caught cheating, please tell us how they cheated. All players are 2022 with NO reclassified kids. All their players are U11 per US Lacrosse guidelines, cant say the same for other programs. Stop the rumors!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's like all of the MD parents live in some sort of fantasy land - ALL OF YOUR TEAMS CHEAT! Again, everyone seems to forget that ALL of these other teams mentioned have holdbacks and "fill out their rosters" with other players from different age and skill levels (AA to A) when they are short as well. THEY ARE ADMITTING IT AND GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED FOR IT!! It's ridiculous that anyone does it, but don't pretend it's only the Crabs - FCA JUST did it, and admitted it, in Young Guns "It was only like 5 kids though" (and STILL were just average at best - and that's generous). Cannons got caught this weekend doing it (and also did so at McDonough - and still sucked) and should have been kicked out of the tournament. Hawks The only "fact" is that ALL of those "other teams" do the exact same thing as the Crabs to some extent, so it's nonsensical to watch MD parents call out Crabs and other teams when they are ALL doing it - just not as well as Crabs apparently. Maybe private schools should only allow holding kids back for academic reasons, and then we'd really see how a level playing field we have. The only real "fact" is that all of the MD clubs cheat, and the NY/NJ/PA clubs still beat them handily.

What exactly did the Hawks do, you never finished the sentence. If we are talking about real "facts", can you tell me there are no kids being held back on ANY team in New [lacrosse], New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Colorado, Michigan, Ohio, Missouri, California, Texas, Minnesota, Maine, Georgia, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Indiana or any of the other lacrosse playing states in this country. The answer is simply NO, you can't say that and be factual, because somebody somewhere has them, yes even in the great state of Long Island there are kids being held back. I know it is prevalent with the private school sector but to lump everyone together and label them cheaters is a little ridiculous when everyone in the lacrosse playing country is doing the same thing. [/quote]

I'd actually be willing to guarantee they all do. Even more reason for everyone to stop whining about the Crabs and get their own houses in order. Funny thing is, since everyone is doing it, kind of makes it all even - crazy but true!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cannons did not get caught cheating, please tell us how they cheated. All players are 2022 with NO reclassified kids. All their players are U11 per US Lacrosse guidelines, cant say the same for other programs. Stop the rumors!

That's funny that no one mentioned Cannons 2022 but immediately they knew who it was referring to and jump to their defense...LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays for the Hawks organization. I have only found Hogan to be on the up and up. I don't think there are many or any holdbacks on 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 teams. If so - I am not aware of any...

Grade based teams with an age cutoff is the way to nip the problem in the bud. Easy fix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually FCA 2020 brought 5 players down from AA to A in Young Guns to "fill out their roster", and they still couldn't pass and catch. Personally, I'd rather mix age than skill level - that's very unChristian of them...

This tournament had two good teams, the rest were just ok. Compare the performance of all the other teams, ex. Crush and Crabs and you will see they all get routinely beat up by the other stronger East Coast teams from LI, MA, and MD. Crabs being at this tourney means nothing, they should've stayed home and played in Young Guns where they could've used hold backs to compete.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 128 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard