BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the "I'm not from crush or crabs " but I know everything that happened and was tracking the substitutions of a U13 game That is really sad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI coaches don't pick who goes to press conference media picks who they want to speak with, but how would you know that lol. One would guess he was picked due to his performance which if you watched the game even a simple minded person could see that, so if you watched the press conference them you watched the game. Not a huge fan of Crush. But this is not rec ball. Even playing time and all that is not the travel model. Ok to critique but let's be realistic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to bust your bubble , because the kid is in 5th grade entering 6th ,some forget to mention he was held back early on in elementary and he is 12 . Give credit when it's do he should be entering 7th grade , he is ultra talented in every aspect of the game , trying to fool people in thinking he is younger then he is doesn't make any change in his capabilities. Playing a year up is standard for many kids .

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hope you all know that DELETED son is two years younger than everyone on that team. Makes it even more special and just imagine the beatings he puts up with when crush plays up while he is already playing up two years.
Yikes! Good for him though!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Enough.. No more mention of a player
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If the game vs Crabs was hotly contested, then I get some kids getting very little playing time.

That game was over by the middle of the 3rd, if not earlier. No excuse not to play kids at least 1/2 of the 4th.

That was about trying to get a double digit win vs the Crabs, not honoring the kids on your club who aren't as good as the starters.

Spallina is a scumbag, and you LI people defending them are just as bad as some of the other parents who post here. Zero class.

Not sure if you are Crabs parent just trying to stir the pot, if so, I'm pretty sure that some of your kids never saw the field during the 91 game at beach lax.

If not, then why do you care? I'm sure every one of those kids was willing to do whatever it took to crack the crabs, even if that meant sitting it out.

I don't think any of us are qualified to second guess the most successful coach in 2020, all you folks are doing is throwing rocks.

You may disagree with his methods but you can't argue with the results and at this level that's what a counts.

If sitting kids out nearly the entire game who flew from NY was the only way to ensure a championship, most people would understand.

DELETED

I am not from 91 or Crabs, but was at the game yesterday. I just still cannot believe that when 91 was up by that much that some players on their team barely saw the field. Classless. The coaches should be ashamed of themselves. I could totally understand if it was a right game, but it wasn't.

Also not a crab or 91 parent but when you play high level club, there are no guarantees of play time. Who knows what the parental expectations are within their Club. None of our business. FYI...crabs did not play all of their boys either not do they when they are leading a game at home. Stop trying to stir up trouble.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Insane the amount of jealous people that come on here to stir the pot. Use that energy with your own son and maybe you would have nothing to be jealous about

Best post I have seen so far today!! Someone with a brain.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wished more coaches sat kids instead of playing everyone "fairly". That doesn't send a message to work hard either. Sick of it... I don't pay to have my son sit when he is one of the top kids. You pay and hope your kid gets to play you know that going in.

Not a 91 or crabs parent but a LI parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appreciate the moderators cleaning this thread up and I agree that was the best post on here in awhile!!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Appreciate the moderators cleaning this thread up and I agree that was the best post on here in awhile!!

What makes me crazy is that these are anonymous "adults" talking about a CHILD!!! How would they like people talking about their child? It is truly disgusting..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the biggest proponent of playing all kids, but only the last game was on TV. How do we know who played or who didn't play during the earlier games. Its not as if the team flew out there for just the game that was televised.

I have no knowledge how 91 operates. It would not surprise me if they were very up front and explicit about playing time for their teams, especially the high end ones that carry the banner for the organization - something like "we expect playing time to be unequal, and at times exceedingly so. If you want your child to be on a team where everyone plays the same amount of minutes, this is not the team for you."

Also, I watched the game. Although the score was lopsided, I thought the game itself was competitive, meaning 91 had to work for what they got.

This team markets itself as the best in the world at this age group. You join it at your peril. If your kid rides the bench, there are a million teams out there that play at a high level, access to college coaches etc. Just leave and go elsewhere.

If this "team" is really the best, then all of the players should be playing. And, as far as the other games go, the same kids played very little in those games too.

What planet do you live on? This is not rec ball and every parent in club ball knows the deal. If they want to complain to their coach on behalf of their kid, then so be it or novel approach, they can choose toe leave the team. But all the armchair quarterbacks with no coaching experience should butt out. It does not affect you or child unlike the teams that openly cheat to win. That involves everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really sad. But great to see it's being dealt with Larry

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The right thing for him to do is to cut those kids that he couldn't find field time for yesterday and try to find kids that he can have confidence in putting on the field.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Please let me know if I missed anything OR if something gets past us.. Thanks..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You guys do a great job of keeping all of us Loonies...um ,make that crazies, in check.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You guys do a great job of keeping all of us Loonies...um ,make that crazies, in check.

Most of you are wonderful.. The handful that are not and post and then reply to their posts.. lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread tells the rest of us what Long Island is all about. Terrible diction, insulting parents and no regard for others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread tells the rest of us what Long Island is all about. Terrible diction, insulting parents and no regard for others.

Basically Masters of the Lacrosse Universe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina should be ashamed of himself. No excuse for only giving some kids 60 seconds on the field for a game that was decided well before the 4th quarter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina should be ashamed of himself. No excuse for only giving some kids 60 seconds on the field for a game that was decided well before the 4th quarter.

Haven't read a complaint from a Crush parent yet - why does everybody else care so much? I'm guessing they knew what to expect going in.

User
User

The rest of us? Who would that be?
Could you mean.....

The ridiculous MD and VA parents who scream like lunatics at Refs, players and other teams parents then claim to be oh so refined?

Or is it the Canadian parents who nearly had a brawl with every single teams coaches and parents at this weekends Best of the Best tournament in Garden City?

Perhaps you meant the PA and MA parents and coaches who routinely play their kids DOWN and boast about the practice.

I'll take the tatoos and occasional grammar issues that you claim are the trademarks of LI parents over the folks mentioned above any day. Keep in mind that although LI'ers may argue and insult each other over issues we are passionate about, we are unified against stuck up opinionated and pompous people like you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. So can someone explain. If this is the "World" series Youth Lacrosse what other countries were there? I only see US teams that were "invited". Is it me?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for monitoring this thread Larry LarryMiller should only be issue based no attacks on people especially if it's coming from Maryland haha. Too much hatred from people. Funny how you said they post and respond to themselves lolol like an internet way of talking to yourself lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the guy who said he can't wait for his kids to play for Joe Spallina.......that's what would make your life relevant again I assume right?

Nope, just want my kids to be exposed to excellence, at home and at play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the guy who said he can't wait for his kids to play for Joe Spallina.......that's what would make your life relevant again I assume right?

I guess you will suck up ,pay a little extra to make sure he gets on his team...Money talks so go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that most people on this board want the crush to lose says it all. It's almost over. Next summer it becomes an individual free for all.

Actually, Crush had more fans than they realize for that game. Although they are not very humble and some of their on field behavior needs toning down and a lot of their parents are way over the top and obnoxious, they do not cheat. Crabs has made all Maryland teams look bad by their hold back behavior and most Marylanders resent that. Crush has worked hard to develop their skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. So can someone explain. If this is the "World" series Youth Lacrosse what other countries were there? I only see US teams that were "invited". Is it me?

According to interview with Body by Jake, there are plans to add 6 international teams in the next year or two. Of course he also said these were the top 10 teams in the country for this age when anyone who follows this age even a little bit knows that the top 10 would all be from the MidAtlantic states up through New England. So he is more than a bit of an exaggerator and self promoter but it is a very cool idea if it can truly be done correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you will suck up ,pay a little extra to make sure he gets on his team...Money talks so go for it.

I think it is clear that it takes some talent to make one of his teams. If it only took sucking up or money, then that would be easy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oooooooh type some more.....hopefully he's reading this!!! maybe he'll sign your kid's stick

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the "I'm not from crush or crabs " but I know everything that happened and was tracking the substitutions of a U13 game That is really sad

What are you talking about many people know a lot about these 2 teams and know the players. Some are from the towns of boys watching and wanted to see their friends play.

That being said it is a game of runs, even tough a big margin was obtained you never know. One team up by half can have things turned around in the 2nd half.

I am just curious how many 14year olds were on the field. I thought U13 was 13 and under (not 14). The announcer stated one Crabs boy turned 14 the other day, so much for a uniform cutoff what are they now arbitrarily making new cutoffs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to interview with Body by Jake, there are plans to add 6 international teams in the next year or two. Of course he also said these were the top 10 teams in the country for this age when anyone who follows this age even a little bit knows that the top 10 would all be from the MidAtlantic states up through New England. So he is more than a bit of an exaggerator and self promoter but it is a very cool idea if it can truly be done correctly.

Does not matter if these were the 10 best or not, this was the right move to give this event national appeal. If all of the teams were from 3-4 states how interesting would that be for everyone else?

This event happened to take place in the year of Crush's eligibility, would expect the competition to be a little more balanced going forward.

It's all good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about many people know a lot about these 2 teams and know the players. Some are from the towns of boys watching and wanted to see their friends play.

That being said it is a game of runs, even tough a big margin was obtained you never know. One team up by half can have things turned around in the 2nd half.

I am just curious how many 14year olds were on the field. I thought U13 was 13 and under (not 14). The announcer stated one Crabs boy turned 14 the other day, so much for a uniform cutoff what are they now arbitrarily making new cutoffs?

Age cutoff was May 1, 2001 so some boys could have already turned 14. They had rosters published for each team so including birthdays would not have been difficult. Perhaps organizers will do going forward.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse uses the childs age on September 1st preceding the competition. If they were following their guidelines every player on the field could have been 14.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except for maybe next year, (and that team is pretty good) 91 will be a contender every year. Their 2022,2023,2024 teams are being prepped and coached to play at this higher level. This U13 tournament has changed the game for good. Starting from this point the goal is to bring a team to Denver and put gold around each kids neck. 91 likes to win and their work ethic and coaching is what makes them a threat every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's funny. My club's goal is for kids to have fun and get better for the next level, not to win medals. They send tons of kids to D1 programs.

Winning games and tournaments is fun. But if chasing medals is your #1 goal, you're in for a rude awakening when you hit HS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Lacrosse uses the childs age on September 1st preceding the competition. If they were following their guidelines every player on the field could have been 14.

You cannot be 13 before Sept 1st to be U13- therefore following these rules you cannot have 14 yr olds. THIS tournament knew many teams could not make that cut off and moved the date to May1st. I'd also be interested in knowing how many kids wouldn't qualify under USL guidelines. Nonetheless, for this tournament the ages were a bit older than normally allowed. At least there were age cut offs and birth certificate and report card checks, as clearly it eliminated some holdbacks. This is the way it should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying rising eighth graders who are still 13 this coming September can play in this event next year? So there may be some Crush players who can tee it up again next year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to LI Express? Has that club imploded? I thought they were the dominant LI club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying rising eighth graders who are still 13 this coming September can play in this event next year? So there may be some Crush players who can tee it up again next year?

no you will probably have to be a 2021 with the following.
Adjust one year from what their websote has.

Roster Rules
1.All players must be born on or after 5/1/2002.
2.All players must be in the Class of 2021 or later.
3.No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
4.All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program.
5.All players must participate with their team/program on a regular basis. Players are not to be added only for the World Series.
6.Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's just you. I guess you have a problem with MLB calling it the"World" Series too, since there are only a couple Canadian teams eligible outside the US?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's just you. I guess you have a problem with MLB calling it the"World" Series too, since there are only a couple Canadian teams eligible outside the US?

They plan to add international teams next year as well as girls teams. Once they get this thing tuned it will be the pinnacle event in youth lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to LI Express? Has that club imploded? I thought they were the dominant LI club.

Greed and hubris. Undoing of all empires. Not to mention the mistreatment of most of your customers below the top team. Lesson for all clubs you better have a tiered price by model if you are not going to deliver the same value prop for all levels. Either that or keep it small to 1 team per grade. Business 101.

Page 40 of 55 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard