BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 128 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't have a Crabs kid, but I read this forum, and especially this thread, with amusement. How in the world can you say the "Crabs are average" when they just went through the World Series of Lacrosse undefeated until the championship game, and then lost to the best team in the country? The 8 goals they scored were more than Sons (smoked 20-3) and all the other teams scored combined. Team 91 is definitely the best team in the country, period. Crabs are right behind them. When all the second tier clubs like Hawks, Breakers, FCA, Cannons, etc. catch up and get invited, speak up then. Until then, just stop the nonsense - you may hate them, but calling them average makes you sound like a moron...

Crabs 2020 did not even make it to the semi final at Hershey a few weeks ago, they lost to Edge 10-5 in the quarters. This was probably the Denver team tuning up before the word series. Edge lost to Looney's today in the final at Young Guns.

Without holdbacks, they are a very good team among a group of several.

Uhh...some of your second tier clubs could beat the Denver Crabs team with a cut off date. The fact that other teams have tied them this season when they are riddled with holdbacks prove that. And several other teams were invited -the parents just have other priorities than dropping thousands to play the same two teams they play enough already. This was not an elite tournament and it is funny you hunk it was. There was more competition at Young Guns.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on a strong showing at YounGunz today, no ships for the "great club", tough week in Crabbie nation, was nice seeing the blue crabs,who finally played in the correct division, getting tossed around also. good day to be wearing any other colors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a md guy and have to say Losing by 11 goals is a good old fashioned [lacrosse] whoopin. Considering you won in beach lax in OT I think that is enough proof of the holdback factor. In a loss by 11 you can't go with the kids didn't play well. Bottom line is the Crabs are an average organization when they play on an even playing field. Did they have 8 coaches today all looking around and not knowing how to coach without kids physically bigger? It's a Different game coaching kids when everyone is the same age... You can't just pick a kid 18 months older and say go to the goal.
It would be great for youth lacrosse if all tourneys were set up like this and didn't favor the holdbacks.

Hogan...Aloha....NXT...are you reading the recurring theme here? People want grade based with an age cut off. Do that for your tournaments -heck most reasonable parents would even pay more and you don't need the Crabs at your tournaments. There are enough competitive on age teams you would have your tourneys full. Who is going to stand up to King Crabby first?

Hogan has age and grade based divisions and actually enforces them. I'm not sure about Aloha, NXT will never go age based because their teams wouldn't be able to enter their own tournaments

After some antics at summer exposure last year, hello Jesters, seems like Hogan took age restrictions much more seriously this year, kudos to them and I hope more follow in their footsteps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on a strong showing at YounGunz today, no ships for the "great club", tough week in Crabbie nation, was nice seeing the blue crabs,who finally played in the correct division, getting tossed around also. good day to be wearing any other colors

You have some serious issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't have a Crabs kid, but I read this forum, and especially this thread, with amusement. How in the world can you say the "Crabs are average" when they just went through the World Series of Lacrosse undefeated until the championship game, and then lost to the best team in the country? The 8 goals they scored were more than Sons (smoked 20-3) and all the other teams scored combined. Team 91 is definitely the best team in the country, period. Crabs are right behind them. When all the second tier clubs like Hawks, Breakers, FCA, Cannons, etc. catch up and get invited, speak up then. Until then, just stop the nonsense - you may hate them, but calling them average makes you sound like a moron...

Reposting this since my original response got buried in the nested quote jumble...

Crabs 2020 did not even make it to the semi final at Hershey a few weeks ago, they lost to Edge 10-5 in the quarters. This was probably the Denver team tuning up before the Word Series. Edge lost to Looney's today in the final at Young Guns.

Without holdbacks, they are a very good team among several in Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Crabs lost 19-8 and the Crab Hate Nation is jumping for joy. Fine -- I get that. However, can someone really say with a straight face that there is another 2020 team in the US that would have had a better showing on national TV (with all the pressure) against Crush? Humor me….name some teams. Im dying to know who these "above average" teams are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In MD - Hawks, FCA, and Looneys.

LI - express and legacy tax

All the Crabs victories are tainted, can't judge a single one as being fair!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Crabs lost 19-8 and the Crab Hate Nation is jumping for joy. Fine -- I get that. However, can someone really say with a straight face that there is another 2020 team in the US that would have had a better showing on national TV (with all the pressure) against Crush? Humor me….name some teams. Im dying to know who these "above average" teams are.

Express
Looney's
Edge - beat crabs 10-5 at Hershey
Tomahawks - have no idea who they are but they won at Hershey.
Hawks and Breakers - who both took Crabs to OT with their holdbacks,
Probably FCA too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy..Crabs team two weeks ago at Beach Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any 2020 team would take the field and play the game-they are 13 year old boys (well most of them were) who were on tv. Big whoop-they were not being asked to sing and dance or do anything they have not done a thousand times. The almighty Crabs deserve kudos for being on television?-seriously, we have no idea what you want those boys coddled for now. Since it sounds like Edge beat them prettily easily in Hershey, maybe they could have gone. Or.... Maybe Looneys who beat Edge today who beat Crabs at Hershey. Play in Baltimore without your overage kids and there will be at least 4-5 teams who would beat Crabs as well as quite a few Long Island teams. You are just lucky that the commentators did not tell the viewers all the controversy and how the Crabs really operate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats a good one given recent history. Keep trying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Without holdbacks, Crabs would likely have a tough time breaking into the top 5. I can see it now, all of the self-important Crabs parents brimming with pride at being #6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I think it is.

Express can probably beat any of the MD teams.

The Hawks took them to OT in the NPYLL championship, and a couple of kids who played in the spring could not go to Denver.

Breakers took them to OT at beach lax and the crabs had to send in the 2019's to "rescue" the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given recent history? What don't you get? When it's a level playing field (no Holdbacks) you are no better than the Breakers, Hawks, FCA, Loonies, etc. All of your wins are tainted by holdbacks. How do you explain beating 91 at beach lax and then getting destroyed by them yesterday. You know darn well they could have run up the score even further. Embarrassed on National TV and did not win one championship at their own tournment. Bad weekend for fat daddy crabby paddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2020 are cordially invited to replay their season with no holdbacks of any type. Bring your Denver team on the road. Crush, Express, Edge, Hawks, Breakers and Looneys would all beat the team that went to Denver and probably several others. More than 80% of the goals scored at BeachLax in your Hawks, Breakers and Crush games were by kids not in Denver. Stop hiding behind the holdbacks and prove everyone wrong like you were going to do in Denver. Would agree with the poster above that Crabs is tainted for years to come. We all just laugh when your overage, oversize players strut onto the field. Nobody cares if you win anymore because it is all a farce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given recent history? What don't you get? When it's a level playing field (no Holdbacks) you are no better than the Breakers, Hawks, FCA, Loonies, etc. All of your wins are tainted by holdbacks. How do you explain beating 91 at beach lax and then getting destroyed by them yesterday. You know darn well they could have run up the score even further. Embarrassed on National TV and did not win one championship at their own tournment. Bad weekend for fat daddy crabby paddy.

You are looking at only one grade/team. Even if you ignore the fact that Crabs' MS teams improve/change dramatically by the time they get to HS, the Crabs organization top to bottom is unmatched in terms of quality of teams fielded/recruiting successes. Get the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 could have run up the score a bit more, except Crabs was holding the ball at the end. First time I've see a losing team run out the clock!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are looking at only one grade/team. Even if you ignore the fact that Crabs' MS teams improve/change dramatically by the time they get to HS, the Crabs organization top to bottom is unmatched in terms of quality of teams fielded/recruiting successes. Get the facts.

Duh...they improve dramatically because the holdbacks kick in. That's what we've been saying all along. Yes they are successful, but only by gaming the system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have some serious issues.

Really, what might those issues be. I would love for someone who supports an organization that cheats, bends rules, does whatever is takes to win at the youth level to enlighten me as to my problems. Go on Squidward, do tell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and why is that?!? Because their players are all older than their counterparts,and their parents/coaches lack ethics. Fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then why didn't they win a single division at youngunz today. The MS teams change dramatically because of recruiting the better kids away from other programs, not because of superior coaching or some magic formula the crabs. If you think otherwise, tell me how many of their high school kids over the years have been homegrown. It is about amassing talent, not growing it. Those recruiting successes should be shared with the clubs where the kids learn there fundamentals. Show me the facts, if you know any

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams change because kids keep repeating grades and you play I grade based league and tournaments. Crabs are frauds living off of a tarnished reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Without holdbacks, Crabs would likely have a tough time breaking into the top 5. I can see it now, all of the self-important Crabs parents brimming with pride at being #6.

Well, unfortunately, all of those teams were sitting at home watching the games on TV, for good reason. They just played in an age and grade based tournament against the best teams in the nation, and lost one game to the truly best team in the nation, Team 91. FCA 2020 is NOT good, don't even mention them in the same breath as Crabs and Team 91. Edge And Looney's are the only two that are maybe in the same league, but Hawks were not impressive this weekend at Young Guns.at all, and Breakers were just OK. Let's snap back to reality - you clearly are out of touch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duh...they improve dramatically because the holdbacks kick in. That's what we've been saying all along. Yes they are successful, but only by gaming the system.

No holdbacks in Denver, Einstein - they checked birth certificates and transcripts. Where did you watch the game from? I'm sure it wasn't the sidelines, was it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No holdbacks in Denver, Einstein - they checked birth certificates and transcripts. Where did you watch the game from? I'm sure it wasn't the sidelines, was it?

Before you get in deeper. You do realize the Sept 1 cutoff was dropped to May 1 for this yournament,,You do know what that means...Crabs had players that were still holdbacks, How many ?? only someone privy to Crabs rooster would know. But the Crabs obviously had some. May 1 to Aug 31 ( 4 months) would be holdback/prefirst land to the rest of Maryland's Sept 1 kids that started school on time..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Well, unfortunately, all of those teams were sitting at home watching the games on TV, for good reason. They just played in an age and grade based tournament against the best teams in the nation, and lost one game to the truly best team in the nation, Team 91. FCA 2020 is NOT good, don't even mention them in the same breath as Crabs and Team 91. Edge And Looney's are the only two that are maybe in the same league, but Hawks were not impressive this weekend at Young Guns.at all, and Breakers were just OK. Let's snap back to reality - you clearly are out of touch...

FCA tied Crabs and they only lost to 91 12-5. If you don't think they are good just watch Them next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you get in deeper. You do realize the Sept 1 cutoff was dropped to May 1 for this yournament,,You do know what that means...Crabs had players that were still holdbacks, How many ?? only someone privy to Crabs rooster would know. But the Crabs obviously had some. May 1 to Aug 31 ( 4 months) would be holdback/prefirst land to the rest of Maryland's Sept 1 kids that started school on time..

"Before you get in deeper" makes me laugh. Yes, oh wise one, I think everyone with a pair of eyes and ears is quite aware that the cutoff was set - FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE TOURNEY - at May 1. EVEN PLAYING FIELD, depending on what you choose to do. Last time I checked, they didn't say "Crabs, May 1 - everyone else, Sept 1". 100% fact for you - ALL of the teams had some players with birthdays prior to Sept 1, and none had players born prior to May 1. C2C Dallas had several - see how much that helped them? 30-0 - ouch...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes no sense, what are you responding to? Have another natty bo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Ok, crush , express, looney's, tomahawks, and edge - an age appropriate crabs team still does not crack top 5, and struggles to make top 7!

Birth certificates - the great equalizer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This makes no sense, what are you responding to? Have another natty bo.

This thread is very entertaining. I'm curious what doesn't make sense in the previous post? It looks like (and correctly so) he/she said that all ages were verified in the Denver tournament in accordance with the tournament rules - everyone is on an equal playing field with no opportunity to "slip something past someone". If a team chooses to play younger kids, so be it, but everyone is given equal opportunity to play boys born on or after May 1. The previous poster had mentioned hold backs, and it looks like the response was to that post. Maybe you are actually the one who has gone too deep into the 18 pack of PBR if you can't understand it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

FCA tied Crabs and they only lost to 91 12-5. If you don't think they are good just watch Them next year

Well, let's see - this summer, Crabs won Beach Lax and Hawks won MD Invitational. I've been watching them - they're fine. Not exceptional, just fine - like many other teams in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Ok, crush , express, looney's, tomahawks, and edge - an age appropriate crabs team still does not crack top 5, and struggles to make top 7!

OK - let's try and make this easy to understand. Crush is currently the best 2020 team in the nation, bar none, period. No one can touch them - NO ONE. I don't care what kind of drugs you're on, you will NEVER EVER convince me or most others of anything other than that. However - besides Crush, who Crabs played in the Championship game in the World Series of Lacrosse, also went 3-0 as did Crush. Here is where I need you to stay with me - NONE of the other teams you're mentioning - not LI Express, not, Looneys, not Tomahawks and not Edge, were there. None. Not one. Nada. An age appropriate Crabs team not only cracked top 5, it leapfrogged over them all. Not opinions, facts. Did all of the other teams' invites get lost in the mail? I don't think so. I guarantee that Team 91 Crush would have beaten any of the teams you named by at least 20 if they had been in Denver - I'd bet $10K on it, not a question in my mind. Just in case you need a refresher, these are the final standings:

AMERICAN NATIONAL
Leading Edge - 4th Denver Elite - 3rd
Crabs - 1st Rising Sons - 2nd
3d Colorado - 2nd Team Carolina - 4th
Eclipse - 5th Team 91 Crush - 1st
Michigan Warriors-3rd C2C Dallas - 5th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason to mention crabs in the same sentence as T91 is because they were the team that got DESTROYED on national TV. Hawks went 4-1 and Looneys won the the whole thing. If fatty crabby had his 2020 at the tournament - how many holdbacks would have been on the team? 2019 players playing down? We all know the answer to that....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Crabbie-check your facts. Hawks and Breakers both tied Crabs last month and needed to go to OT. And that was the turbo charged Crabs team with the 2019s along with the prior year holdbacks. Put the Denver team up against them, Crabs would not dominate. Believe one of them also had a better spread against 91 than the Crabs did in Denver. Playing without holdbacks, the Crabs Are not a force. You are definitely not in the same league as Crush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

Crabbie-check your facts. Hawks and Breakers both tied Crabs last month and needed to go to OT. And that was the turbo charged Crabs team with the 2019s along with the prior year holdbacks. Put the Denver team up against them, Crabs would not dominate. Believe one of them also had a better spread against 91 than the Crabs did in Denver. Playing without holdbacks, the Crabs Are not a force. You are definitely not in the same league as Crush.

No one said they were in the same league. But - like it or not, the two teams who went undefeated and ended up first in their divisions and went into the Championship were Crabs and Crush. Clearly none of the other teams are in the same league as Crush, because they were left back at home. As a matter of fact, I guess only one team WAS in that league - Crabs - since they were there. Playing against Crush. In that league. An age appropriate team as a matter of fact. Won every game except the one against Crush - where they 100% got beaten, badly. And so would have EVERY other team that has been mentioned. The Crabs are a force. Team 91 Crush is supernaturally good - BY FAR the best team in the nation. Hawks, Breakers, Looneys, Express, all would ALSO have been DESTROYED by Crush. Anyone who says differently is an absolute head case and belongs in an insane asylum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

OK - let's try and make this easy to understand. Crush is currently the best 2020 team in the nation, bar none, period. No one can touch them - NO ONE. I don't care what kind of drugs you're on, you will NEVER EVER convince me or most others of anything other than that. However - besides Crush, who Crabs played in the Championship game in the World Series of Lacrosse, also went 3-0 as did Crush. Here is where I need you to stay with me - NONE of the other teams you're mentioning - not LI Express, not, Looneys, not Tomahawks and not Edge, were there. None. Not one. Nada. An age appropriate Crabs team not only cracked top 5, it leapfrogged over them all. Not opinions, facts. Did all of the other teams' invites get lost in the mail? I don't think so. I guarantee that Team 91 Crush would have beaten any of the teams you named by at least 20 if they had been in Denver - I'd bet $10K on it, not a question in my mind. Just in case you need a refresher, these are the final standings:

AMERICAN NATIONAL
Leading Edge - 4th Denver Elite - 3rd
Crabs - 1st Rising Sons - 2nd
3d Colorado - 2nd Team Carolina - 4th
Eclipse - 5th Team 91 Crush - 1st
Michigan Warriors-3rd C2C Dallas - 5th

Wellll, good for you and way to keep youth sports in their proper context. I was glad to see the Crabs humbled yesterday, now just wishing for some humility from the Island....the Cobra Kai rhetoric is old and outdated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express
Looney's
Probably FCA too

And they both lost in OT, didn't they? None of them had a better spread against Crush, check your facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only reason to mention crabs in the same sentence as T91 is because they were the team that got DESTROYED on national TV. Hawks went 4-1 and Looneys won the the whole thing. If fatty crabby had his 2020 at the tournament - how many holdbacks would have been on the team? 2019 players playing down? We all know the answer to that....

While you watched from home, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely insane how everyone brings up one or two games in the past - "Hawks almost beat you once this year" ", "remember when we went into OT - so close", "we beat that team that you beat by almost as much as you beat them by", "remember back in 99 when I almost had that game winning goal, except I shot it wide right 5 seconds after the whistle blew". Comical. Not horseshoes, guys. Almost doesn't count. Consistency, history, record - that does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Before you get in deeper" makes me laugh. Yes, oh wise one, I think everyone with a pair of eyes and ears is quite aware that the cutoff was set - FOR EVERY TEAM IN THE TOURNEY - at May 1. EVEN PLAYING FIELD, depending on what you choose to do. Last time I checked, they didn't say "Crabs, May 1 - everyone else, Sept 1". 100% fact for you - ALL of the teams had some players with birthdays prior to Sept 1, and none had players born prior to May 1. C2C Dallas had several - see how much that helped them? 30-0 - ouch...

But not every team was on equal grounds as you say ..oh wise one .. You still had to be in the proper grade...And follow this wise one...if you are a age based team with kids starting school at usual start date you dont have holdbacks..GET IT... You need to be a team or from an area that has holdbacks/prefirsts..You cant just add them from other teams in your organazation due to age. They must be in right grade too...GOT THAT ONE wiseone!! Age was an advantage for the teams that could pull holdbacks/prefirsts...Hopefully that is not to hard to follow .

Like Reply Quote
Page 51 of 128 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard