BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,900
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 55 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All over Twitter and various blogs this morning, Spallina is being hailed a champion of the potential of youth lax. His 91 empire will now go into orbit and along with it his financial fortune. You could not have scripted it better with yesterday's win on national TV which has layed the foundation for a money printing club juggernaught. Express is toast now. If I were Jamie Munro I'd buy 91 before it's too late.

If Jamie Munro was smart he would have bought them a couple of days ago. I'm sure it stings that 91 was so dominant in his own back yard while his 3D Colorado team was really a non-factor. Ouch.

Another guy whose team's success is extremely handicapped when rules such as a birth certificates are enforced. Why do you think teams like Laxachusettes and Dukes weren't there? They know they'd have no shot at winning. (see Son's record) It would have exposed their clubs weakness, just like the Crabs and 3d. I would venture to say two or three more 2020 LI teams could have made it to the finals with Crush not there. (they are the best, clearly) No I'm not a 91 guy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
speaking of Spallina......what d*ck leaves his kid on the field the whole game? friggin daddy ball at its best. I also saw kids on that team who flew all the way to Denver and never got on the field. to the parents of those kids.....I hope you're not ok with watching a game on July 4th in Denver, Colorado and your kid never once saw the field. you must be on the Forbes list if you drop that kind of money and your kid doesn't play at all in games. Spallina is a tool. subbed sporadically a kid here or there in dribs and drabs. I see his kid never left the field. daddy ball forever youth lacrosse coach of the year. yeah ok

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the final score? Did they call the game at half?
Crush beating up good on the 21s of Carolina. 23-2 at the half.

Not sure if it was a typo or intentional to stir the pot, but halftime score was only 13-2. Final was 25-3.

Ok. That is much better. Feel like a tough beating teams up by 23 goals?

I think they should try to score 50 today on national TV. It would be awesome and would show everyone out there what can happen if you are driven and decide to be the best. Good for them!!!! Go Crush!
Clown statement.......and I was krooting for 91 yesterday. try to score 50 goals makes u the best? I think if u beat a team by ten maybe twelve goals you can still prove your dominance while taking your foot off the gas late in the game with a big lead. you sucked in youth sports as a kid I'm sure. SUCKED

I read someone else was rooting for 60. I love that guy and I guess he sucked in HS too! Lol! I'll tell you this, I was rooting for 20 just because that number would cause such anger. You think Spallina and 91 care what you think, I certainly don't, and I'll tell you this, I can't wait until my son and then my daughter get a chance to be coached by him and his organization!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boohoo - your kid never saw the field because he is not a good as the players who were on the field. I'm from Maryland and this was clearly 91s smack down on the crabs because of the beach lax episode. I wish it was even more lopsided than it was. Crabs without holdbacks are nothing special. Spallinas kid is pretty darn good - fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan or opponent of Spallina, but all of his teams have great success. Some moves he makes are suspect I agree w that. But people hate success for others and especially this team. It is reminiscent of a team a few years older that had similiar success and was despised. As far as Daddy ball, I personally think it's that if a kid doesn't belong on the field but when his son leads the tournament in point scoring and scores six goals in the championship against the Crabs that eliminates the daddy ball. These are young boys that are extremely talented and represented LI lacrosse on national TV vs Maryland.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan or opponent of Spallina, but all of his teams have great success. Some moves he makes are suspect I agree w that. But people hate success for others and especially this team. It is reminiscent of a team a few years older that had similiar success and was despised. As far as Daddy ball, I personally think it's that if a kid doesn't belong on the field but when his son leads the tournament in point scoring and scores six goals in the championship against the Crabs that eliminates the daddy ball. These are young boys that are extremely talented and represented LI lacrosse on national TV vs Maryland.
of course his kid leads the tournament in scoring he never comes off the field c'mon stop it. I don't despise success. I'm thrilled for long island and them beating that hillbilly parents crabs team. was tired of listening to them on here with the Guido remarks. glad 91 won it. let's not get it twisted. I just think Joe Spallina is the king of all [lacrosse] bags

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boohoo - your kid never saw the field because he is not a good as the players who were on the field. I'm from Maryland and this was clearly 91s smack down on the crabs because of the beach lax episode. I wish it was even more lopsided than it was. Crabs without holdbacks are nothing special. Spallinas kid is pretty darn good - fun to watch.
my kid doesn't play for 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really cannot believe that 91 didn't play everyone today. The game wasn't close. I don't get it.

Wait. There are some kids on the team that didn't even see the field? That is ridiculous. They won the game convincingly. Everyone on that that should have at least played a full quarter, particularly because it wouldn't have affected the outcome. All of those parents paid good money and should have had a good experience playing time wise for their kids.

I saw Spallina played his kid the entire game, it seemed, so that is also ridiculous. But if there were kids who were on the bench the entire time, that is indefensible.

Can anyone confirm this? I hope this isn't true.

I watched the game and I know for a fact one player only was in for one single face off, he played the wing. The Faceoff kid won the face off, ran down and scored and the little wing player came right off never to go in again. Another little player went into the same for the last minute of the game on attack. I am almost certain there were others that barely played. I just cannot imagine the mentality behind it

That is horrible. Spallina is a scumbag.

I am pretty sure (with about 1:30 left in the game) he came to the bench and asking if anyone didn't play, because one little boy raised his hand, that is when he went in on attack

That shows a guy who is not there for the kids (or more accurately, he is there for HIS kid and his kid only). It's not hard to figure out playing time, especially when Team 91 was comfortably in control for most of the game. This is not a tournament 10 minutes from their practice field. All of those parents paid a lot of money to fly out to CO and to give a kid only 1 minute when the team is playing on national TV?

Team 91 parents - how can you defend this?

Nothing to defend, this is not u9 rec ball where everyone needs to feel good and have their confidence built up. This is elite club ball, you play to win, which means you field the best team you can given the situation. Stop trying to make an issue out of something that isn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the guy who said he can't wait for his kids to play for Joe Spallina.......that's what would make your life relevant again I assume right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All over Twitter and various blogs this morning, Spallina is being hailed a champion of the potential of youth lax. His 91 empire will now go into orbit and along with it his financial fortune. You could not have scripted it better with yesterday's win on national TV which has layed the foundation for a money printing club juggernaught. Express is toast now. If I were Jamie Munro I'd buy 91 before it's too late.

This is just silly. A few years ago Express had the Turtles, in 2021 you have Igloo. 91 is is surely a successful program but there are only so many roster spots on its A team. There will always be kids who dont make their A team or see little playing time and jump to another teams A and are the stars their.Crush winning is good publicity, but anyone in the lax world on LI has known about this team for years. 91 also cannot offer the connections you get from going to Chamminade. Of course they will continue to be the big dog along with Express. Plenty of money to go around. You still have OUtlaws and Legacy is new with how many teams ? Throw in Igloos and Recons. Crushes victory will have minimal impact on the landscape. Now of the Island it may help 91s programs grow

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That shows a guy who is not there for the kids (or more accurately, he is there for HIS kid and his kid only). It's not hard to figure out playing time, especially when Team 91 was comfortably in control for most of the game. This is not a tournament 10 minutes from their practice field. All of those parents paid a lot of money to fly out to CO and to give a kid only 1 minute when the team is playing on national TV?

Nothing to defend, this is not u9 rec ball where everyone needs to feel good and have their confidence built up. This is elite club ball, you play to win, which means you field the best team you can given the situation. Stop trying to make an issue out of something that isn't.

People like you are ruining youth lacrosse because you accept Joe's tactics and actions and endorse them. You play as an entire team. When you are up by double digits you empty the bench and play EVERYONE. Every one of those kids paid to be there - their parents paid to be there - it's just classless to keep the same kids in and not only keep them in, but let them keep scoring. Just wrong and their is no defense for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just proves LI is still king of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams yesterday had a bunch of players that played the entire game. This isn't rec lacrosse. Just like HS teams, college teams and most other travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just silly. A few years ago Express had the Turtles, in 2021 you have Igloo. 91 is is surely a successful program but there are only so many roster spots on its A team. There will always be kids who dont make their A team or see little playing time and jump to another teams A and are the stars their.Crush winning is good publicity, but anyone in the lax world on LI has known about this team for years. 91 also cannot offer the connections you get from going to Chamminade. Of course they will continue to be the big dog along with Express. Plenty of money to go around. You still have OUtlaws and Legacy is new with how many teams ? Throw in Igloos and Recons. Crushes victory will have minimal impact on the landscape. Now of the Island it may help 91s programs grow

Who said that some of the CRUSH kids are not going to end up at Chaminade? I would think some would end up there , some St As and some public school. All teams have kids going to different schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will be a one and done for this event. It needs to be 8 teams from the northeast corridor and a couple of others that have proven themselves in more than regional play.

I am also dying to know what special instructions were given to the kids before the championship game. Crush was not as physical as i remember.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" 91 also cannot offer the connections you get from going to Chamminade"

U seriously believe that?

Recruiting for lacrosse is by tournament exposure. Not HS teams. Hasn't been for years.

Kids are being recruited long before setting foot on HS teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the biggest proponent of playing all kids, but only the last game was on TV. How do we know who played or who didn't play during the earlier games. Its not as if the team flew out there for just the game that was televised.

I have no knowledge how 91 operates. It would not surprise me if they were very up front and explicit about playing time for their teams, especially the high end ones that carry the banner for the organization - something like "we expect playing time to be unequal, and at times exceedingly so. If you want your child to be on a team where everyone plays the same amount of minutes, this is not the team for you."

Also, I watched the game. Although the score was lopsided, I thought the game itself was competitive, meaning 91 had to work for what they got.

This team markets itself as the best in the world at this age group. You join it at your peril. If your kid rides the bench, there are a million teams out there that play at a high level, access to college coaches etc. Just leave and go elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People like you are ruining youth lacrosse because you accept Joe's tactics and actions and endorse them. You play as an entire team. When you are up by double digits you empty the bench and play EVERYONE. Every one of those kids paid to be there - their parents paid to be there - it's just classless to keep the same kids in and not only keep them in, but let them keep scoring. Just wrong and their is no defense for it.

The only way this is ok is if Spallina was upfront at the very beginning of creating the team that there will be a lot of kids that don't see the field in big games. If that was stated up front and parents still signed up, then there is no issue. However, if the pitch was that everybody would see the field for equal exposure, then thats a big time F-up and I'd ask for my money back + air fare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids/parents on 91 know what they are signing up for, I don't think any of them are looking to jump just to get a little more playing time and I would imagine that many kids would be happy to ride the bench once in a while just to be part of that program. That game was about putting as many points on the Crabs as possible, I don't think there is anyone in Nassau county who would have problem with that. Some of us in Maryland are fine with it as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those that are not fans of the Express club and it's most visible owner, yesterday was a good day. We know he's laughing all the way to the bank but to have his butt kicked at UA underclass and then have his biggest club rival win on national tv all within 24 hours must have been two tough ego pills to swallow, especially for a competitive maniac. Again, all the way to the bank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the game vs Crabs was hotly contested, then I get some kids getting very little playing time.

That game was over by the middle of the 3rd, if not earlier. No excuse not to play kids at least 1/2 of the 4th.

That was about trying to get a double digit win vs the Crabs, not honoring the kids on your club who aren't as good as the starters.

Spallina is a scumbag, and you LI people defending them are just as bad as some of the other parents who post here. Zero class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the game vs Crabs was hotly contested, then I get some kids getting very little playing time.

That game was over by the middle of the 3rd, if not earlier. No excuse not to play kids at least 1/2 of the 4th.

That was about trying to get a double digit win vs the Crabs, not honoring the kids on your club who aren't as good as the starters.

Spallina is a scumbag, and you LI people defending them are just as bad as some of the other parents who post here. Zero class.

Not sure if you are Crabs parent just trying to stir the pot, if so, I'm pretty sure that some of your kids never saw the field during the 91 game at beach lax.

If not, then why do you care? I'm sure every one of those kids was willing to do whatever it took to crack the crabs, even if that meant sitting it out.

I don't think any of us are qualified to second guess the most successful coach in 2020, all you folks are doing is throwing rocks.

You may disagree with his methods but you can't argue with the results and at this level that's what a counts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams yesterday had a bunch of players that played the entire game. This isn't rec lacrosse. Just like HS teams, college teams and most other travel teams.

No, it's not. Winning an important college or HS game is one thing. Winning a must win game in a tournament (HS or youth) is another.

This was a game of 12 year old boys, and the game wasn't in doubt for most of the 2nd half. That team flew to CO from NY. Playing a kid only for the last 60 seconds?

Indefensible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Maryland people throwing stones. Lizards beat the Bayhawks and Crush smashed the Crabs. Good weekend for LI the Kings of lacrosse Sorry MD Probably have another club or two that could beat the crabs as well. Maybe register your 2020's in the 2022 bracket Now that's Maryland!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Channy is good at stealing players , it must be those large teeth he has that entices its .more like trurh of the matter is Express lost steam the last few years , people are tired of that smile and stab in back mentality , MC will be going to 91 directly soon enough looking for an offer to buy his Brand name that is tarnished so much from being such as scumbag . .

quote=Anonymous]
Where was the Express in all this? Have they dropped off the face of the earth in this age group? Not long ago they used to dominate this age. Even their older teams are a lot less competitive than they used to be. What's going on there?

They were at Legacy Invitational. Not every team was invited, they tried to spread out the teams across the nation. Express 2020 Team 1 is a very good team.

Here's how it will go in a couple of years. The Express owner will approach a 91 Crush kid and say "Hey, you know I make the selections for the Long Island Under Armour team. Why don't you and a bunch of your Crush teammates come over to the Express and we'll recreate a super team. You'll also have a pretty good chance of making the Under Armour team. Wink, wink. Bank it now. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what makes sports so competitive and interesting in this country. We have 13 year olds playing for a national championship on TV . Plus the chatter about scumbag coaches, playing time, cheating, holdbacks,etc all in the name of getting a U13 Championship!! Hopefully we see a repeat of the Tan Ones from Long Island against the Toothless Hillbillies from MD!!

Cant wait until next Year!! And Yes I am jealous that I cant live my youth again thru my son!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's not. Winning an important college or HS game is one thing. Winning a must win game in a tournament (HS or youth) is another.

This was a game of 12 year old boys, and the game wasn't in doubt for most of the 2nd half. That team flew to CO from NY. Playing a kid only for the last 60 seconds?

Indefensible.

The team played 5 games over a 3 day period prior to the game that was on tv. Why do you insist on ignoring these games. Regarding kids who played little to no minutes in the championship, how much did they play in these 5 other games?

I get that people believe that everyone should have played more than they did. You are entitled to this opinion. Just please don't distort the facts by stating, or implying, that they flew all the way to Colorado for only one game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Channy is good at stealing players , it must be those large teeth he has that entices its .more like trurh of the matter is Express lost steam the last few years , people are tired of that smile and stab in back mentality , MC will be going to 91 directly soon enough looking for an offer to buy his Brand name that is tarnished so much from being such as scumbag . .

quote=Anonymous]
Where was the Express in all this? Have they dropped off the face of the earth in this age group? Not long ago they used to dominate this age. Even their older teams are a lot less competitive than they used to be. What's going on there?

They were at Legacy Invitational. Not every team was invited, they tried to spread out the teams across the nation. Express 2020 Team 1 is a very good team.

Here's how it will go in a couple of years. The Express owner will approach a 91 Crush kid and say "Hey, you know I make the selections for the Long Island Under Armour team. Why don't you and a bunch of your Crush teammates come over to the Express and we'll recreate a super team. You'll also have a pretty good chance of making the Under Armour team. Wink, wink. Bank it now.
[/quote]That'd be a [lacrosse] maneuver. but then again there's a lot of huge [lacrosse] bags coaching these big club teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love the Maryland people throwing stones. Lizards beat the Bayhawks and Crush smashed the Crabs. Good weekend for LI the Kings of lacrosse Sorry MD Probably have another club or two that could beat the crabs as well. Maybe register your 2020's in the 2022 bracket Now that's Maryland!!

There are lots of MD folks celebrating Crush's victory, which is a very good thing with 91 now expanding into Maryland. All of this "strong island" garbage makes us want to rethink that.

Win with grace and humility, lead by example = class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Steinfeld (guy who is behind the World Series for lacrosse) is trying to model this after Williamsport, Little league, better have a better plan than what was displayed; minimum play rules are strictly enforced. If he is shooting for Cooperstown model, then its who ever has the biggest wallet to afford to attend and the best play majority of games expensive for families to attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]

Here's how it will go in a couple of years. The Express owner will approach a 91 Crush kid and say "Hey, you know I make the selections for the Long Island Under Armour team. Why don't you and a bunch of your Crush teammates come over to the Express and we'll recreate a super team. You'll also have a pretty good chance of making the Under Armour team. Wink, wink. Bank it now.
That'd be a [lacrosse] maneuver. but then again there's a lot of huge [lacrosse] bags coaching these big club teams [/quote]

91 would do the same if they could

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if you are Crabs parent just trying to stir the pot, if so, I'm pretty sure that some of your kids never saw the field during the 91 game at beach lax.

If not, then why do you care? I'm sure every one of those kids was willing to do whatever it took to crack the crabs, even if that meant sitting it out.

I don't think any of us are qualified to second guess the most successful coach in 2020, all you folks are doing is throwing rocks.

You may disagree with his methods but you can't argue with the results and at this level that's what a counts.

If sitting kids out nearly the entire game who flew from NY was the only way to ensure a championship, most people would understand.

DELETED

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Steinfeld (guy who is behind the World Series for lacrosse) is trying to model this after Williamsport, Little league, better have a better plan than what was displayed; minimum play rules are strictly enforced. If he is shooting for Cooperstown model, then its who ever has the biggest wallet to afford to attend and the best play majority of games expensive for families to attend.
that body by Jake guy is a tool. Try anything to stay relevant

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I find it interesting when someone commits to coaching a team and spending hours upon hours of coaching and training and when he does something for his kid he is vilified. Stop being the Monday morning coach. How about the sacrifices he makes. He doesn't see his other kids because he is coaching yours. This is travel lacrosse people!! Competitive travel lacrosse and some play more than others its that plain and simple. Stop with the crying. He brings the best coaches and players around these kids creating a winning environment. Sooo many players will be dying to tryout for Crush this year. Congratulations Crush and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the biggest proponent of playing all kids, but only the last game was on TV. How do we know who played or who didn't play during the earlier games. Its not as if the team flew out there for just the game that was televised.

I have no knowledge how 91 operates. It would not surprise me if they were very up front and explicit about playing time for their teams, especially the high end ones that carry the banner for the organization - something like "we expect playing time to be unequal, and at times exceedingly so. If you want your child to be on a team where everyone plays the same amount of minutes, this is not the team for you."

Also, I watched the game. Although the score was lopsided, I thought the game itself was competitive, meaning 91 had to work for what they got.

This team markets itself as the best in the world at this age group. You join it at your peril. If your kid rides the bench, there are a million teams out there that play at a high level, access to college coaches etc. Just leave and go elsewhere.

If this "team" is really the best, then all of the players should be playing. And, as far as the other games go, the same kids played very little in those games too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If the game vs Crabs was hotly contested, then I get some kids getting very little playing time.

If sitting kids out nearly the entire game who flew from NY was the only way to ensure a championship, most people would understand.

DELETED

I am not from 91 or Crabs, but was at the game yesterday. I just still cannot believe that when 91 was up by that much that some players on their team barely saw the field. Classless. The coaches should be ashamed of themselves. I could totally understand if it was a right game, but it wasn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with poster above. The purpose of that game was to show the nation who the best team is PERIOD. This ain't rec ball. I was pleased to see the crabs get their comeuppance. You can bet if the crabs had won (laugh) it would be all over their website and Twitter. All I hear is silence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED!!!!! family who paid for a cross-country trip see their son play more than 60 seconds in a game that was over by halftime.

You are crossing the line.. knock it off NOW!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Insane the amount of jealous people that come on here to stir the pot. Use that energy with your own son and maybe you would have nothing to be jealous about

Page 39 of 55 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard